Mac Technical Support

Feb 25, 2011 Issue with Battle.net sites It seems that if I log into my battle.net account while on the WoW site or the site of Battle.net to manage my account it kicks me off my account as soon as I go to another page within the site making it unable for me to add games/game time to my battle.net account or posting in the forums on the WoW site. It seems this is the only site where I can log onto my battle.net account and not be kicked off so I was hoping someone here could help me.Saviour5 Feb 25, 2011
Feb 25, 2011 Disable Keyboard OS shortcuts on Macbook Pro Ever since I got this game, on my macbook pro, the setting will not work on my mac. It still does its OS shortcuts..like F1 is select idle probes, but when i press it, it just dims my screen (the keyboard OS shortcut for F1) is there some way I can fix this, or does it not work on the macbook pro keyboard?eMazing8 Feb 25, 2011
Feb 25, 2011 mac client uses a lot of processing power I was just wondering why the client for mac makes my computer run so slow. i can't even browse the internet or scroll through a pdf when i have the client running and by running i mean in windowed mode and hidden. I play wow and i can have the client running and be doing a million other things, i just would like to know why the client makes my computer run so slow. I have an april 2010 13' macbook pro. I play with my settings on medium/low. pwnsauce4 Feb 25, 2011
Feb 25, 2011 Drag scrolling no longer works After the patch that added the ability to customize hotkeys I have not been able to make drag scrolling work. The hotkey is set to my middle mouse button, but when I hold the button down and move my mouse the screen doesn't scroll. I am using a Razer Deathadder Mac Edition mouse and have driver version 2.02 and firmware 1.27.GusJake1 Feb 25, 2011
Feb 23, 2011 Built-in MIC problem My built-in MIC went out during loading and in-game. I can still see the symbol for talking in the top-right-hand corner but my allies could not hear me. I couldn't hear any of my allies as well. Had to reboot sc2 to fix it. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and how to remedy it. I did not mute anyone... Any thoughts? Thanks.VegaPunk2 Feb 23, 2011
Feb 23, 2011 SC2 1.2.2 Standalone Download Hey SC2 Mac users! Here is the link to the latest SC2 patch download. This version is working now, so you should be good to go. http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/35087 ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support || Tues-Sat 9 AM - 5 PM CST Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Show some love to this boomkin It's the return of the Mac, you know that i'll be back, oh oh ohhhh!! My name is TonyM but you can call me Tony Mac, no seriously, they call me that..TonyM0 Feb 23, 2011
Feb 23, 2011 Error ( Please help! ) When ever I start off the game it goes black, Dissepars, then this pops up An error occurred starting StarCraft II. Please try again. no big long report or nothing.elrand5 Feb 23, 2011
Feb 23, 2011 Getting the 1.2.1 PTR on Mac Hey, I'm running off a Mac and have been really wanting to get on the PTR to try out the new maps but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. It doesn't seem to be anywhere in Blizzard's FAQ's. How do I download the client for the PTR? (I posted this here because I'm pretty sure this is a Mac specific problem, or at least a problem that requires a Mac specific solution. If this is not the case, then I apologize and will relocate this thread to a more appropriate forum.)HenryGale2 Feb 23, 2011
Feb 22, 2011 Finding Replays I cant seem to find the replays, is there a specific route to take to find them or are they just non-existent?REM2 Feb 22, 2011
Feb 22, 2011 videos no showing up hello i need help on starcraft 2 my replays will no show up after i clicked on keep - prevent files from being deleted when making room for new files. please help - HellFire HellFire1 Feb 22, 2011
Feb 22, 2011 MAtch history error Hello. This is my problem: When i go to match history to check my games the match is recorded a day a head of time. For example if i played on jan2nd, it will say i played at jan 3rd. This doesn't happen only when i play in the after noon.Cheese1 Feb 22, 2011
Feb 21, 2011 Campaign Loading Whenever I try to load the campaign, a message pops up that says "The mod data loaded does not match the mod data which was originally used to play this game". I'm pretty sure this only started happening after I installed the newest patch. All other parts of the game work fine though. Can someone please help?Mortdal3 Feb 21, 2011
Feb 21, 2011 can't connect to battlenet so i just installed the lastest patch fine but once i get to the game it says battle net is temproraily down or my internet connection isn't working and i can't get to my password screen to log in anyone else have this problem? fobahneeya1 Feb 21, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 make SC2 run faster on mac ok i have a bit of experience on how to deal with issues like slow frame rate after troubleshooting some ways(resetting SMC or Pram) i found an improvement i learned this from mac guides(performance mac guides) so i tried different settings but it doesn't work before i always play on low settings but it doesn't satisfy me so i set the Textures: Texture Quality: low Graphics: Graphics Quality: Custom Shaders: Medium Lighting: Low Shadows: Medium Terrain: low Reflections: Off Effects: low Post-Processing: Low Physics: Low Models: High Unit Portraits: 3D Movies: High Definition i have a macbook white (2010) believe me, the graphics are enough to entertain you There is still lag but you can take it even though this improves frame rate Blizzard needs to fix this my mac is capable of medium settings but still there is lagKuechi0 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 2/15/11 PATCH MAKES GAME UNPLAYABLE Hello, since the patch has released, I have not been able to run the game at all. I'm able to get to the first loading screen, after it says loading maps, it just brings me back to the desktop which then shows the repair tool. Even if I repair and restart, it brings me the same results. Blizzard, please help!Bryan5 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 SC2 Mac Known Issues StarCraft II Mac Known Issues Overall graphical slowdown if you are using a NVIDIA graphics card and Mac OS X 10.6.4 This is fixed in the Graphic Update for 10.6.4 No user interface/menus When you log into the game you will see the spaceship, but there is no place to enter your Battle.net information.Rebooting your system will resolve this issue. The following video cards are NOT supported NVIDIA 7300GT, NVIDIA 7600GT, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500, Intel GMA950, Intel x3100 Please refer to the system requirements sticky and the bottom of the retail box. Random crash can occur if you are using 10.6.4 and a NVIDIA graphics card This is fixed in the Graphic Update for 10.6.4 Black screen on startup, but sound is playing If the animation appears to freeze at any point, try moving the window or switching from fullscreen to windowed mode. Rebooting your system will resolve this issue as well. Contents of window freeze when switching from windowed to fullscreen mode Same issue as issue above. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and USB headset If you are using a USB headset with a system that has a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics chipset, the game will suffer a 40% performance reduction Make sure you are using your 9600M GT graphics if you have it If you have a 15” or 17” MacBook Pro , you should look in System Preferences>Energy Saver and select “Higher Performance” Mouse getting stuck when using dual monitor setup If you are using a dual monitor setup, your mouse may become stuck when moving from one screen to the next. This issue has been bugged and is on the list of things to resolve. Padim93 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 event log is it possible to access some kind of log that would show why i've been dropped? noone seems to be able to figure out the mac bug on mercy td map, i was hoping i could help narrow it down with log info Jackson1 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Additional mouse buttons are not working I have a gaming mouse with shift and control key integrated and they are not longer supported. Worked at 100% on past patches since release and is still working on my WoW account, so I'm pretty certain is not the mouse nor my drivers.Shack6 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Armory screen in campaing crashes The screen just goes black after a few seconds. This hasn't happened before but one of the last few patches caused this. Can this be fixed?tooiNcontroL6 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Patch 1.2.2 won't install My SC2 crashes whenever I try to log in because of the patch, so I wait until it comes out as a download. I download it and now the patch won't open to install. I work from 70 to 96 hours a week. I finally get 36 hours off in a row and then SC2 is effectively down the whole time I can play it. I'm off to work now and it still won't work. I hate you blizzard. [removed] I have a macbook 2.13 Ghz intel core 2 duo running 10.5.8. The .zip file downloads and opens just fine, but the program won't open. If you till me I have to upgrade my os, I will have to [removed]CaptnQ0 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 SC2 immediately crashes to desktop on load Ahh, friends. I am disappoint. I've never had a problem running SC2 on my iMac (most current model). All of my software is up to date. Starting today, when I click the SC2 icon, it begins to load, I see Jim Raynor's face, then the planet spins for about a second, then the screen freezes and gets darker. I can SEE the login screen with my email address and the "connect" button, but everything is dimmed and I cannot click. Then, it crashes to desktop. No fun.TossnYoSalad9 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Post Patch Problems So I've downloaded the latest patch without a problem....only thing is, when I try to play a multiplayer game it says that I need to restart my game client and download the latest patch... Help?Canucklehead5 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Sticky Control Issue Compounded This is the state of my Starcraft 2 experience on my Macbook Pro: Due to control+# being broken for mac players (unfixed with most recent patches despite claiming otherwise) this is the series of events I complete before starting a ladder game: 1. Login 2. Open menu>hotkeys and change Create Control Group 1-0 to Option-1, Option-2, etc. (I use option because it works around the control-# mac bug). Then I click okay and say yes to save my hotkey setup. 3. Play games and eventually close SC2 4. Load up SC2 later to play again 5. My saved hotkey workaround has reverted from Option-1, Option-2, etc. to 1, 2, 3, etc. for Create Control Group 1-0. This means that there is an initial bug which I have to work around, and Battlenet doesn't save my workaround so I have to implement it after logging in each time. I'm trying to avoid a whiny tone but it doesn't feel great when I forget to implement the workaround (this happens about once daily as I instinctively queue after loging in) and my opponent either allows me to pause while i fix it (boring and frustrating for him) or he refuses and I leave the game. Please address these issues, or if you can't solve the issue please allow me to save Option-1, Option-2, etc. as a hotkey set up. As an aside Control + click to select all units of that type is unsettable meaning I have to double click to accomplish this (I should be able to set it to Option click).TuckFrance2 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Control key for mac, any default settings? hello, i've noticed the patch for the control key for mac. i never had any issues with it until the recent patch. i use a razer naga and i cannot press control + 1,2,3,etc. on my razer naga. now i have to press control + 1 on my mac book pro keyboard in order for my razer naga 1,2,3,etc. number pads to respond. it took me about 2 months to master razer naga with sc2 and i was wondering if there's any option to put the default setting for the control key because the reason i've bought the razer naga is to not buy a keyboard and bigger laptop table. thanks.TommyLove13 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Error after updating to resent patch. I updated and started the game. When game opens I get a cute little orange message box telling me the game is going to quit and update all by itself. Clicking "OK" doesn't do anything for me however if I click "connect" the cute orange box with the same msg pops up again. Any good ideas how to fix this :)? PS: Blizzard you are awesome!Grakkarond1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Game Starts But Don't Get B.net login? I just installed the patch and the game loads which takes me to the b.net login screen. But there is no where to login. Just the background animation of the ship. I have to force quit out because I can't do anything else. Is anyone getting this issue?skibum2 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Keeps telling me to update, but it wont. So today i open up sc2. It downloads a small patch, and i hop on. When i get to multiplayer however, it says i need to update. So i close it and open sc2 again. Same Problem. So i hop into finder and click on the blizzard updater. No patch to apply. I start up sc2 again, same problem. Help?Shikipride2 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Control Key Bug Even after Patch 1.2.1 Hey guys! Was super exited today in the patch note I saw that the Control Key Bug had been fixed. I start a Game but now I just cant create a Control Group at all. Tried it on my built in Macbook Keyboard and on my external 6gv2 and its the same. Is anyone having the same issue? Thanks YouScaryOlive18 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 excessive map list load time vs. AI I've been playing starcraft for a while, and the amount of time it takes for the map selection list to appear when I click on the "vs AI" button in single player has gone from mildly annoying to ludicrous. After 60 seconds of waiting I often just give up. I haven't downloaded a lot of custom maps but a few. Is there a way to purge my map folder, and would doing so speed up list generation times? My apologies if this gets asked a lot, I wasn't able to find an answer by searching the forums or google. It would be nice if there were at least a progress bar indicating the estimated time that the map list will take to load. I'm running OS 10.6.5 on a 2.53GHz Core 2 duo Macbook Pro with 4 GB of ram and plenty of free hard drive space. Thanks for your time!AlephOne1 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 16, 2011 Switching to mac hey guys , i have the windows digital version installed in my macbook using bootcamp windows 7. So i noticed it's heating up to 82-84 degree while playing. so i want to switch and install SC2 on my mac but i couldn't download the digital version from this site. it says i have reached the maximum linseed for this game. i just want to download the game on my mac and play with my account. so is there any possible chance to help me with that?AlwaysBig3 Feb 16, 2011
Feb 16, 2011 Details on the 1.2.1 Patch ControlKey problem So, I enjoy this game just as much as any windows gamer, and it makes me sad that fundamental gameplay issues keep coming up. Anyway... So during my last game (not on the ladder, which was awesome): Game started in windowed mode, switched to full screen mode using Command + M I set my hatch to 4, my overlord to 1. @ 10 food I set a scout to 2. After some switching back and forth between the scout and the hatch, and after building an extractor and a pool, my ENTIRE keyboard stopped working.... or at least... the keys I kept trying. (I play grid layout, so all my keys are on the left hand, so I had no reason to check the right side of the keyboard). Later, after I exited the game, I couldn't type in any of my mac apps either. So I put my laptop to sleep. Woke it up, tried to type my password... I only typed stuff that my right hand was pushing. When I moved my cursor to the username box, I noticed that I was only typing numbers. TL; DR: • 1.2.1 activates Mac Laptops' Num-Lock key • SC2 becomes unplayable (keyboard is needed for any type of higher level play) • Num-Lock impossible to disable because key doesn't actually exist. Old mac laptops had a num-lockable keypad on the right side of the keyboard that was activated when the function key was pushed. Related to the problem? idk. My Computer: MacBook Pro: Spring 2010. OS X 10.6.6 2.66 GHz i7 6 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 Edit: Gameplay settings: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/331982/Help/Screen%20shot%202011-02-16%20at%204.41.52%20PM.png * I do not play windowed mode, It was just easier to take a screen shot in windowed mode. * Note that even though I was using the grid layout, the problem persists with the standard layout (I remember it happening before I switched when I was using the PTR, and made a post about it.)ErgoProxy0 Feb 16, 2011
Feb 16, 2011 Patch 1.2.2 Known Issues-Mac (Update 2/18) Here's a current list of know issues that affects Mac Users Toggling window modes can result in a "broken" fullscreen mode. When toggling window modes (with Command-M or in-game settings) can result in a "broken" fullscreen mode. - Pressing keys that share system functions may result in no action or performing the OS X function. - Players with dual monitor set-ups will notice the 2nd display no longer blacked out. - This can cause additional issues as well. ... Control Keys being stuck after Hotkey set. This happens after the "broken" fullscreen mode is in effect. Trying to hotkey groups may fail due to the game thinking the key may be already pressed. This may affect other Control-shared functions as well. ... Mac OS X desktop/dock appear skewed/misplaced after trying to correct "broken" fullscreen mode and quitting the game. If you try to fix the "broken" fullscreen mode, your OS X desktop/dock will be skewed/misplaced. The wallpaper will disappear and your desktop icons will of off centered. You dock will not be visible. You can bring the dock back up using Expose, however the dock is now in the middle of the screen. ... Ctrl Key+Razr mice 'Num keys' do not respond to create control hotkey group. Trying to create a group with the Ctrl key and the Razr mice that have 'Num keys' does not respond; however using Ctrl key + the number keys on the keyboard works. You can bind other combo's though like Option+# on the Razr mouse and it sets the hotkey. This is being investigated. ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support || Tues-Sat 9 AM - 5 PM CST Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Show some love to this boomkin! Blizzard Blues don't /dance, we /boogie. They call me TonyM, but you can call me Tony Mac. No seriously, they call me that.TonyM0 Feb 16, 2011
Feb 16, 2011 iMac freezing during Outbreak mission My iMac is consistently freezing during the Outbreak mission - sometimes I get the gray Mac screen overlay that instructs you to hard restart the computer, and sometimes I don't, it's just frozen. Regardless, a hard reset is the only way out. Running a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 with 4GB of RAM and a ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 512MB of vRAM on 10.6.6. Ran general-purpose diagnostics and everything seems fine. I have not tried multiplayer or a different mission to see if it is in fact the mission or not. Oh, I'm also experiencing the F-button problem that others are having. I have to hit fn-F10 to get to the Menu, for example. Even in full-screen mode.Zaphran9 Feb 16, 2011
Feb 16, 2011 need help with bootcamp and win7. Hi im about to buy windows 7 to bootcamp on my macbook pro with the fallowing specs: 2.26 intel core 2 duo 8 GB RAM Nvidia 9400m here are my questions: 1. how much of a performance boost will i gain? 2. is this version of windows 7 good to partition on? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-7-Home-Premium/dp/B002DHGMK0/ref=pd_ts_zgc_sw_1286119011_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&pf_rd_p=1287034322&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=1286119011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1GY45VZ46WGCBF9JCBXM 3. i hear some people having over heating issues when partitioning to win7 is this true? if so is there a work around? so i don't overheat yet can use it? 4. would windows XP give the same performance boost as windows 7 or less? XLRBaBayOOsa4 Feb 16, 2011
Feb 15, 2011 constant crashing Ok, so this has never happened to me before until today, But out of the 10 games I have played, 8 of them have ended in a crash, Its not my internet, its not because of a slow computer. So whats the deal? any help would be appreciated. What happens is it exits out of the game, and i get a window prompting me to type what happened during the crash.starbud1 Feb 15, 2011
Feb 15, 2011 1.2.1.17682 patch morning of 2/15/11 StarCraft II just patched when I launched the game this morning and now it's telling me none my "mod data doesn't match"?? I haven't done any modding - just trying to play the delivered campaign. Anyone know a solution to this problem? I'm going to be seriously peeved if I have to start the campaign over...TheMadTurtle3 Feb 15, 2011
Feb 15, 2011 Possible to swap CTRL with ALT? Dear Blizzard, Hello, I currently play on a MAC laptop and I have my apple key as my ctrl. The apple key on a regular keyboard is the ALT key. When I go play at lans or just at anyone else's PC it is hard for me to adjust. Is it possible to swap the CTRL with ALT on a PC? I know on a mac there is a option to disable macOSX functions. This is how I changed my apple key to CTRL. Thank you in advance.DaCheF1 Feb 15, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Specific player chat doesn't work right When trying to chat to a specific player (opt-enter), you can only cycle to all and allied chats, not any other players.Dulcimer0 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Player Colors I know this issue seems rather minor compared to the other things on this thread, but I was hoping somebody could help me out, because I clearly haven't thought of something. Issue: Everytime I load a game, no matter which type, my allies are always yellow (Even if multiple), my enemies always red (Even if multiple), and I'm always green (Always...). This isn't detrimental to actually playing the game, but is a little annoying when I'm playing with friends and I can't tell who's who unless I stop what I'm doing to check.RollinThunda1 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Can StarCraft II use more than 4GB of RAM? I finally upgraded my aging Early 2006 iMac (with its 256MB VRAM on its ATI Radeon X1600) to a Mid 2010 (current generation as of this posting) Mac mini Server (which I'm running as a normal Mac with the client version of Snow Leopard and with the two 500GB drives in a RAID 0 as a single 1TB drive [don't worry, I use Time Machine religiously]). It comes with a 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM (2x2GB), the aforementioned two 7200RPM 500GB drives, and the NVIDIA GeForce 320M. The plan is to use this machine as my main Mac until I get either a lowest-end 15" MacBook Pro of current (2.4GHz Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256 MB of VRAM) or the Sandy Bridge equivalent when it comes out and then use the mini as a secondary desktop while everything that matters goes with me. Long story short, my Mac mini shipped with 4GB of RAM. I'm giving thought to beefing both it and the forthcoming the MacBook Pro (when I buy it, but I might just do it after buying as it is cheaper) up to 8GB. Inevitably, I'll max out both computers. But, I'm curious, can StarCraft II use more than 4GB of RAM or does it hit the usual 32-bit limit and is unable to do anything with more of it? I figure I'll end up maxing out both machines inevitably anyway, but StarCraft II is one key thing that I plan on using these Macs for (in addition to, y'know, being Macs) is StarCraft II and it'd be nice to get that performance boost if it is, in fact, available. Please, let me know if you do. Thanks.Yebubbleman2 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Replay uploading help needed. I googled how to upload replay for sc2 and I found instructions for windows computers. Im wondering is where to look for my replays to upload to sites like sc2replayed.com or to give to friends i have in smaller sites like d2dgamer.com. I saved the replay in game after i finished it but i don't know what to do from there. Could someone please give me instructions on what I'm supposed to do?Nytmre3 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 [In Game Bug] Minimap Vespene Geyser Flicker Issue: While in game a vespene geyser which has been seen to have a refinery/extractor (have not tested for assimilator, observations are coming from real time game situations) built on them appear empty on the minimap. So when there should be a coloured square on the minimap over an opponents scouted vespene geyser, it will begin to flicker from colour box to no box and then sometimes go away completely. Is this a known issue? Am I making any sense here? I'll have to remember to screenshot this next time it happens....maybe its in one of my replays.... I'll report back if I find anything else. Edit: The game was a 2v2 and my partner noticed it as well and he is not on a Mac so would it be ok to double post this in the other technical support ....oh wait this isnt tech support this is bug issues.....damnit, sorry not used to bnet forumsSooWoop0 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 Usb Keypad I have a USB numbpad or keypad that works on macs when i plug it in. When i plug it in if i wanted to type to someone anyone number it works but when i press control button and try to keybind something on my keypad it wont work but it will work if i press control and press the numbers on my regular keyboard why cant i keybind on my numbpad/keypad??????Blowgan1 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 11, 2011 Ladder makes my router crash When I try to play a SC2 ladder game, my router occasionally stops working until I quit Starcraft. It's only ladder games; I've never had this problem with custom games. My router is an Airport Extreme Version 7.5.2, and it's connecting over PPPoE. My modem is a Speedtouch 516 v6. I'm not sure what other specifications are needed. This problem makes me unable to reliably play SC2 ladder without being dropped in the middle of a game. Please help.Izicata1 Feb 11, 2011
Feb 11, 2011 map editier some some reason my damn map editor wont work i've reinstalled it and everything but it still wont bloody worksven1 Feb 11, 2011
Feb 11, 2011 Cannot play Maps! Im having some difficulty playing any maps, when i load up a map, the map preperation screen doesn't appear, but it says it is up! i cant even play custom maps! This needs to be fixed! CPUnerd2 Feb 11, 2011
Feb 11, 2011 performance issue? does everybody using a mac still experience lag issue? even though your requirements meet the standardKuechi24 Feb 11, 2011
Feb 10, 2011 Patch 1.1 Versus AI maps will not load! I just updated to 1.1 and have played games this morning online and single player against the A.I. as well. I went back after a break to play again against the AI and now the maps will not load! I get a message saying "No content found". I tried online and offline and it was still the same story. I get a message saying "No content found". Is anyone having the same problems? Any solutions?Jaxdee23 Feb 10, 2011
Feb 9, 2011 Black screen and no cutscenes in Windows 7 I got my copy of Starcraft 2 today and was too excited while I unboxed it and installed the game. Just as I started playing, I realized that none of the cinematics at start of the verious stages were visible. The screen turned black but I could hear the audio clearly. Also during the cutscenes, some parts of the screen was flickering and was covered in black, The biggest problem is, after end of stage1(Revolution) the entire screen turned black at end of the cinematic. Although I see icons here and there where I may click, I am unsure where I am supposed to click. (You cannot play the game unless you follow the storyline and the workflow) In short I am stuck with one BAD game. I guess I shouldnt have bought Starcraft2. I could not get tech support by calling them up. I had to wait till 20 mins after which I dropped the call. I also mailed the tech support and am waiting for a response. Can some one help me with my problem......I even tried tweaking the graphics settings, but that didnt help either. My config is as follows: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 7/31/2010, 21:42:11 Machine name: INTELLIX-VAIO Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation System Model: VPCF115FM BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz Memory: 6144MB RAM Available OS Memory: 6126MB RAM Page File: 2811MB used, 9438MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GT 330M DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_9067104D&REV_A2 Display Memory: 3793 MB Dedicated Memory: 986 MB Shared Memory: 2807 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz) Monitor Name: Digital Flat Panel (1920x1080 60Hz) Monitor Model: Nvidia Defaul Monitor Id: MS_0025 Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.940Hz) Output Type: Internal Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver File Version: 8.16.0011.8867 (English) Driver Version: 8.16.11.8867 DDI Version: 10.1 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 7/31/2010 20:42:38, 9621608 bytes WHQL Logo'd: n/a WHQL Date Stamp: n/a Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4969-11CF-5E51-6CB01DC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x10DE Device ID: 0x0A29 SubSys ID: 0x9067104D Revision ID: 0x00A2 Driver Strong Name: oem29.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section038:8.16.11.8867:pci\ven_10de&dev_0a29&subsys_9067104d Rank Of Driver: 00E60001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C Intellix3 Feb 9, 2011