Mac Technical Support

Feb 8, 2011 [BUG] Perpetual “Loading” Circle on B.net The following issues have occurred since the “Aiur Chef”/Bejeweled/Tetris mini games patch. (And they have prevented me from even trying these mini-games! I am dying to see what they are like! )^: When clicking Multiplayer, I get the “Loading” circle animation forever. It never displays the select race/mode options for me to select a game. The same is true for Cooperative mode. (My usual mode. I suck. :p) Mostly true for Custom Games. (I cannot Join, but I can Create. Only played vs AI doing this.) I cannot download any new maps, nor download any updated maps, when browsing the lists for Create Custom game. When clicking the download button, I get the error: “There was a problem downloading this content. Please try again later.” For the first day or two I figured it was because of a new patch and there was bound to be server traffic. The problems have continued well after the patch, however. System Info: Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac8,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Running OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard).Zearin7 Feb 8, 2011
Feb 7, 2011 Getting 5.1 audio out of the Optical Port Currently, all mac's sold have an optical port that supports Dolby and DTS output, as well as pass through. Currently, I can only get stereo sound out of Starcraft II - and if I set the audio to "ProLogic" it makes the game crash when videos are played. Has anyone been able to get 5.1 audio to work on their Mac? If so, how did you do it? Blizzard - is there any support listed or plans in the works to get the ProLogic mode to work in Starcraft II on the mac side?Gideon9 Feb 7, 2011
Feb 7, 2011 Overheating Fix Controlling Fans Bootcamp If you want to fix overheating in Bootcamp through increasing the rpm of your fans, you'll realize that some common programs might not work, such as: bios inputremapper speed fan I looked for a long time and I found this small little gem nestled in some forum online called MacFan, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/macfan/ The instructions are located in a little txt file in the download but, if you want it more plainly or if you aren't accustomed to using the command line, and I'm not either, here is how it works 1. For this, I'm assuming you've renamed the downloaded folder "MacFan" and that you've saved it in the "Program Files" folder 2. Open an "administrator command prompt". To do this, click on the little Windows orb in the bottom left corner of the screen and search up "cmd". 3. Right click the 1 result and select "Run as administrator". 4. Type in and then hit enter: "cd\" 5. Type in and then hit enter: "cd Program Files\MacFan" 6. Type in and then hit enter: "macfan.exe 6000" NOTE IT IS A BACKSLASH, NOT A FORWARD SLASH FOR THE CD IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF WORK BUT TRUST ME, IT ISN'T. JUST TRY IT This will raise your fans to 6,000 rotations per minute/rpm. You can put whatever number you want in there. The change isn't permanent; to undo it, just repeat steps 1 - 6, using a number like 2,000 instead for step 6. Or, you can put your computer to sleep, hibernation, or shutdown (not restart; the changes persist through restarts) to reset the minimum rpm. Hope this helpsgobinoob0 Feb 7, 2011
Feb 7, 2011 Client Download Help I had forgotten my disks at home when moving in to college, so I figured I'd download the client off battle.net. I download it and try to run the Downloader and nothing happens. Some help please? :) I'd love to get back on Starcraft 2 with all this free time at college.Revolution6 Feb 7, 2011
Feb 6, 2011 Quick Question I'm thinking about buying a Macbook Pro this summer when the next generation comes out. My price range is around $2000. I've heard from friends that a windows partition would help with my gaming needs. So my question is, how much better will the game run on a windows partition?Migration2 Feb 6, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 [BUG] Repair.app breaks file permissions There is a tool called Repair.app inside /Applications/StarCraft II/Support/. … The Repair.app tool makes the entire StarCraft II folder readable and writable by everyone. After running the tool, the folder permissions were: <my username> Read & Write admin Read & Write everyone Read & Write I figure that a Repair tool might need to change permissions while it’s running, but it should “clean up” after itself. This is a security risk. I’d also wager that it opens doors for plenty of other SC2 issues as well…issues that will eventually come back to your Support team. ☹ Please fix A.S.A.P.!Zearin2 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 5, 2011 Issue with multiplayer load screen I just tried to start playing SC2 multiplayer on my MacBook Pro and whenever I try to get in a game, the loading bar gets about halfway complete and then refuses to move any further. I tried using the Blizzard Repair solution that was suggested on another thread here, but I still have the same problem. I don't know if it's a network issue on my end (I am on a college campus) or something else, but any help would be really appreciated!prophetman3 Feb 5, 2011
Feb 5, 2011 Patch 1.2 "Wating for files to close..." I just installed SCII on my Mac. It goes through all the patching motions, but when it reaches the blizzard updater it doesn't load. It just blinks "Waiting for files to close..." what files do I need to close? I've closed extra windows but it still won't work. HELP!!!!Dustin4 Feb 5, 2011
Feb 5, 2011 Mouse Problems I am using the Apple Magic Mouse, and I cannot get the sensitivity high enough to play Starcraft 2. The highest speed that you can set your mouse to via System Preferences wasn't fast enough, so I tried some other programs like MagicPrefs, and now SteerMouse to up my sensitivity. Unfortunately, everything works fine until I open Starcraft 2, then the sensitivity drops severely, and when I exit the game it stays low until I logout, or restart. By the way, my mouse speed is also set at 100% in game. Does anyone else have this problem, or is there a way to fix it?Salinger1 Feb 5, 2011
Feb 5, 2011 missing variables.txt file! hello, My macbook pro starting making a lot of noise from the fan because of overheating. And i figured i should cap the Fps but i couldn't find a setting for it. Then i hit the forums and they said to alter my variables.txt file but i cant find it... Pls help i read the thread on Mac performance by Frost (i think) and the path to the file that he explained was something like /macintoshHD/users/"profilewithsc2"/Documents/blizzard/variables.txt but there is nothing related to applications in my documents folder especially not a blizzard folder. I also checked the apps folder.. and did a search for variables.txt in the SC2 folder and in my entire mac and no dice.sixTeightcal6 Feb 5, 2011
Feb 4, 2011 Alternative Solution to Hotkey Problems? So I have been browsing through the forums and just like me, a lot of people are having trouble with the hotkeys. I want to be able to use F1-F12 but as we all know those keys lead to OS shortcuts. I have tried disabling in the options menu but does not work. So I was thinking, what if I plugged in a USB PC keyboard (ex. cheap Logitech keyboard) would that fix the problem? There won't be the annoying "fn" key in the way and everything will be more streamlined for normal SC2 play. Just a thought, please reply if you have tried this method and if this at least "bypasses" the problem.Jiho4 Feb 4, 2011
Feb 3, 2011 Galaxy Editor no longer works! I used to run the Galaxy Editor all the time on my Mac. Then one day (after having used it only a couple hours earlier) it came up with this message: Check with the developer to make sure StarCraft II Editor works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X. I really don't want to reinstall StarCraft II so any help would be greatly appreciated!KaBoom5 Feb 3, 2011
Feb 27, 2011 Games Not Showing Up In Match History Thought id finally mention after the 50th time its happend GAMES NOT BEING PUT INTO MATCH HISTORY AND NOT COUNTING... happens ALOT in 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 Random i duno about team games but its starting to get annoying... lol play all night and look to see that Bnet has saved all the games i lose and maybe 1 i win... Can this be fixed? its been happening to alotta people... couple weeks now thx...FreSH9 Feb 27, 2011
Jan 30, 2011 I can't hear the gunfire of units Anyone know how to address this problem? I can't hear the attack sound effects of my marines and other units.Blue1 Jan 30, 2011
Jan 30, 2011 help patch probem when i update it stop at 71% is says "he patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x2F17E77E5D022AE25446C07E698B4377, actual 0x2FE4E170809E27E16BD727897C52EDC6.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)"YocamsPh1 Jan 30, 2011
Jan 29, 2011 2 issues 1: frequent drops without any waiting for server dialog or countdown. most recent was 9:27 PM central on jan 28. I do not get a connection or achievement service lost message, it just dumps me into a score screen error. 2: in some games, the framerate drops to 0 periodically(typically at start of game and in battles, I've noticed my CPU utilization drop during these periods of lag. Seems to only happen since the 1.2 patch, and not in all games.SoulWager1 Jan 29, 2011
Feb 1, 2011 Zergling Glitch - post 1.2 Has anyone else noticed a slight zergling glitch since the new patch?<br/><br/>When I'm taking a watchtower I select my lings, click on the tower, unassign one of the lings and then move them all away except the one I unassigned.<br/><br/>This used to work fine, but recently the one ling on the tower has glitched out and gets stuck if any lings get in his way or if an enemy unit moves into range. It's not a big issue it's just annoying, I can usually fix it by selecting the ling and right-clicking 4 or 5 times before he starts moving.Silo3 Feb 1, 2011
Jan 29, 2011 Texture quality problems I have a first-generation Mac Pro with an ATI Radeon HD 4870 with 512 MB of VRAM. According to the hover text on the Texture Quality option, 512 MB should be enough for High, but anything above Medium causes cutscenes to stutter at scene changes. Is something wrong with my VRAM? Do I need a new computer? Please help, Medium textures just look ugly at native resolution.Frungi4 Jan 29, 2011
Jan 28, 2011 Black Screen I have a 27" imac and after this recent patch it seems like whenever i move my mouse towards the top right area of my screen it turns black. It looks like its setting off the sleep mode i have in the top right corner but its weird because sometimes it does it sometimes it doesnt. im not even moving my mouse to the very top right corner either, just moving it in that direction. it happens in 90% of my games and its really getting annoying. this has never happened once before the last patch so i dont know whats up.Executor3 Jan 28, 2011
Jan 27, 2011 [BUG] Window position not remembered I filed a bug report back in October that both SC2 and WoW weren't remembering their position after a close. This was fixed with the release of Cataclysm for WoW, and I was hoping that patch 1.2 would fix this issue with SC2, but it did not. Current Behavior: The SC2 window always reopens on the main display. Expected Behavior: The SC2 window will reopen at the same location and size as it was when closed. Steps to reproduce: Open SC2 in windowed mode. Move the window to a secondary screen, and (optionally) resize it. Quit SC2, and relaunch. SC2 will now be back on the primary display.Ziwcam5 Jan 27, 2011
Jan 26, 2011 [Bug] Possible? Control groups on Mac This has happened 2-3 times since the patch. I will be playing a game and i set my control groups. The next thing i know, i press the number to select the group, and it recreates the group to whats selected. I'd say thats a pretty major issue, very annoying to have your army being attacked why you macroing in your base when you hit the army group and your now viewing your main. It feels like the control button gets stuck, only with out the control button being stuck. (if that makes sense). But i know for a fact my button is fine, As i have tested it out of starcraft and it works fine, And restarting starcraft seems to be a way of fixing it.TopKilla7 Jan 26, 2011
Jan 26, 2011 offline play work driving big rig, can't always hook to internet, game say you need permission. don't know how to get it.DFB2 Jan 26, 2011
Jan 25, 2011 Major, major frame drops after 1.2.0 Good evenin' all. After installing 1.2.0 the game started to behave really bad. I get insta 0 fps now and then during a regular game. And it keeps on going through all games I play. To the point that I have to leave matches in order not to mess with the other player's gaming experience (I've been doing only USM games, like Zealot Frenzy, till the ladder resets). Well, it's not an issue with the map been crowded or stuff, because I used to play games like that all the time using better graphics settings than I have now, on an average 45fps. Now, even running all on Low I get those framedrops. It doesn't matter if it's a game of Zealot frenzy with 12 players and lots of action on the screen, or a game against the AI or the campaign. It goes up, like to 80 fps+- with everything on low. But then, all of a sudden it drops to 5 fps, sometimes even 0. The game hangs, the screen freezes (can't move around the map) and the music keeps on skipping, like a scratched record. For 4-5 seconds. Then it goes up again to 80 fps or so. And it keeps on doing that. This wasn't happening right after 1.2.0. I noticed this like 3-4 days ago. And I haven't done anything different to the game or to my system at all. I'm running a fresh install of Snow Leopard, already on 10.6.6 (I've been planning on reinstalling the whole system for quite some time already, and, after the game started to hang, I decided to do so. Yesterday as a matter of fact). Here are the specs for my iMac (early 2008 – 8,1): (in portuguese, but I bet you can get a hang of it) iMac de Adriano V. Carneiro 20/01/11 22:14 Hardware: Visão Geral do Hardware: Nome do Modelo: iMac Identificador do Modelo: iMac8,1 Nome do Processador: Intel Core 2 Duo Velocidade do Processador: 2,66 GHz Número de Processadores: 1 Número Total de Núcleos: 2 Cache de L2: 6 MB Memória: 2 GB Velocidade do Bus: 1,07 GHz Versão da ROM de Inicialização: IM81.00C1.B00 Versão do SMC (sistema): 1.29f1 Número de Série (sistema): xXxXxXxXxXx UUID do Hardware: A2A54DFC-5998-5F5E-A7FA-3C20DDBDB7BD ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro: Modelo do Grupo de Circuitos Integrados: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Tipo: GPU Barramento: PCIe Largura Lane PCIe: x16 VRAM (Total): 256 MB Fornecedor: ATI (0x1002) ID do Dispositivo: 0x9583 ID da Revisão: 0x0000 Revisão da ROM: 113-B2250L-259 Versão do Driver EFI: 01.00.259 Monitores: iMac: Resolução: 1680 x 1050 Profundidade em Pixels: Cor de 32 Bits (ARGB8888) Monitor Principal: Sim Espelho: Desligado On-line: Sim Integrado: Sim Conector do Monitor: Estado: Nenhum Monitor Conectado Memória: Slots de Memória: ECC: Desativado BANK 0/DIMM0: Tamanho: 1 GB Tipo: DDR2 SDRAM Velocidade: 800 MHz Estado: OK Fabricante: 0xCE00000000000000 Número de Peça: 0x4D3420373054323836345148332D43463720 Número de Série: 0x7640D495 BANK 1/DIMM1: Tamanho: 1 GB Tipo: DDR2 SDRAM Velocidade: 800 MHz Estado: OK Fabricante: 0xCE00000000000000 Número de Peça: 0x4D3420373054323836345148332D43463720 Número de Série: 0x7640D496 Is any1 experiencing anything like that? It's the first time I notice such a drop to the frame count since I bought the game. Waiting on your thoughts...Scuds4 Jan 25, 2011
Jan 24, 2011 Problem with 'F Keys' post patch So, pre-patch I had no issues hitting f-12 for menu or f-11 for whatever f-11 does or any of that. Post patch they've defaulted back to my computer's auto commands, like Dashboard and Hide Window. Any idea how to fix this?Ramenth6 Jan 24, 2011
Jan 23, 2011 league rank Is there any way that I could restart my league rank? Someone knows how to restart my account ? I would really appreciate itElokai1 Jan 23, 2011
Jan 30, 2011 Possible Bug, Inject Larvae not registering I'm no pro so I still click buttons sometimes when I start breaking down. I'm noticing that the Inject Larvae buttons seems to not registering my clicks. Maybe the click area is abit smaller than the actual button or its me. I don't believe I'm mis clicking because it happens a good amount of times. Not a huge issue but for people like me, frustrating. :)zKarp2 Jan 30, 2011
Jan 23, 2011 How to fix the Ctrl Key toggle sticking Basically, the ctrl key will only stick for me if I go into windowed mode after I open SC2. It's sort of annoying, but just don't switch to windowed mode at all and the problem shouldn't persist. If you do switch, just exit the game and reload. That work for anyone else?SeanCarlos7 Jan 23, 2011
Jan 23, 2011 Game stutters every 10 seconds I'm using a macbook pro and even if I change graphics to low or ultra, everything runs smooth but it stutters every 10 seconds. How do you fix this?tooiNcontroL1 Jan 23, 2011
Jan 22, 2011 330M with 256 MB of VRAM vs. with 512 MB I had previously had my mind set on getting a 13" MacBook Pro of current, though now I'm looking to get a lower-end 15" MacBook Pro of current (with 256MB of VRAM). I know that simply going from the 320M to the GT 330M, let alone those specific machines otherwise, will be a world of difference, though I'm wondering if I'll get anywhere near as much of a difference by going further to a higher-end 15" MacBook Pro with the same GPU, but more (512 MB of) VRAM instead. And if not, would I get a difference that really matters? Anyone have any insight on this?Yebubbleman8 Jan 22, 2011
Jan 22, 2011 Imac can't even run SC2 on medium Im trying to play league games on medium quality but i have been experiencing small lags and i cant really play that fast. i was wondering if anyone else has a mac that can run starcraft on high quality and how i can get my mac to run higher qualityStarLight6 Jan 22, 2011
Jan 22, 2011 Technical Support Phone Outage We are aware that we are currently having issues receiving inbound phone calls. We are working on resolving the situation and should be back online shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. ________________________________________________ Account and Technical Services || Tues - Sat 645 - 1545 PST Not seeing a resolution on the forums? Contact a Support Rep directly! - http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6XBrianI0 Jan 22, 2011
Jan 21, 2011 exposé no longer disabled in full screen mode During previous patches, exposé would automatically turn off when SC was running full screen. Now, whenever I mouse into the corner, my whole SC screen goes flying offscreen, unless i manually disable exposé in the control panel before I launch SC. I really like having this feature on in the mac environment, and it would be a pain to have to turn it off and on every time i play. For reference, I'm running osx 10.5.8 on a late 2008/early2009 macbook with a 2ghz intel core 2 duo. Thanks!DangerDog5 Jan 21, 2011
Jan 21, 2011 Variables Text File not there for me I do not have the Variables.txt file on my HD and I want to try and cap my framerate, any one else not have it? how do i edit it? Thanks Limiting the in-game frame rate to 30 or 40fps will help keep your Mac cool and prevent overheating. The Macbook Pros especially tend to run a little bit hot being in that nice tiny form factor. To limit the frame rate, type in and save the following into the Variables text file: frameratecap=60 frameratecapGlue=60 “60" being the value of whatever number you want to cap it at. You will find the Variables text file under: “/Macintosh HD/Users/TheUserYouInstalledSC2Under/Documents/Blizzard/StarCraft II/Variables.txt" To see the current frame rate while playing the game, hold down Control+Option, and tap the F key. Romeo6 Jan 21, 2011
Jan 20, 2011 Issue w/ Loading Prev. Versions Twice, after getting 20sih missions out of 29 on brutal, I've downloaded the most recent patch, and tried to open my campaign saves, and been unable to. It prompts me with the "Please open a previous version etc etc" and I click ok, and it then gives me the error: "The version of Starcraft II required to play this game was unable to be launched." and then my screen keeps the menu outline, the silver window thing, and the tabs, but the rest of the screen goes black. I've read the blue post (putting it here because the last Blizzard rep didn't quite seem to get it [in all honesty I like Blizz support, but this person was GAH]) "Single player campaign loading issues If you had previously saved your campaign progress in the middle of a mission, the game will not be able to load your campaign in the newest version after patching a major revision. You will be prompted to revert back to a previous game version prior to loading the saved game. To resolve this you can either load up the mission in the previous version and then Abort the mission or load a previously saved and completed mission, then resume your progress. If you do play the mission while playing on the previous version you are not connected to Battle.net and thus will not be able to gain any achievements and the campaign will not advance." I understand all of this. But I cant open the old versions. I found the files on my computer, when I open them, the icon appears on my dock momentarily, and then disappears. On a possibly related note, I can't open replay files outside of game either. Please, I dont want to have wasted all this time TWICE.Zealotry8 Jan 20, 2011
Jan 19, 2011 Patch download keeps restarting I was having the issue where Starcraft 2 opens to a blank screen with just the animation, so i rebooted and re-downloaded the client, but now while it is patching, the counter goes from 99% to 0% over and over.Gear1 Jan 19, 2011
Jan 18, 2011 Sticky Archive Links Hey Mac Gamers!!!! Currently we are cleaning up our forums a bit, so I have made this sticky to reference all the prior stickies we had up, in case you need to see them again. Patch/Starting Problem http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/109981069 Version issues with Campaign and Replays http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/628260498 Offline Play requires Authorization http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/375111111 FAQ - SC2 Mac Client Settings http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/248297646 PTR Post http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1658709472 SC2 1.2.2 Standalone Download http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2135954114 College Campus Network Connection Issues http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/832084217 ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support || Tues-Sat 9 AM - 5 PM CST Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Show some love to this boomkin! I love STV. All the animals are so nice. They just run out of the jungle as your passing by and greet ya. I just have a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I run through. No, wait, that warm and fuzzy feeling is the friggin Tiger that jumped me.TonyM0 Jan 18, 2011
Jan 18, 2011 Unable to log in..? After about a day no sc2, I started to receive gamer's withdraws and decided it was time to put my studies aside (who needs them?) and go fix my need for some ladder games. As I booted up the game, the sc2 theme welcomed me; but to my dismay, I was not introduced to the norm of when I open the game, no, I was greeted upon with only the background of the log-in screen, nothing more or less. Here's the screen shot: http://i55.tinypic.com/13zbjir.png Anyhoo, I was wondering if this were to be some sort of glitch, and if so, would there be a work around, or, ultimate fix? I'm in dire need of assistance, Mac tech support of Blizzard! Please help reunite a boy and his dog (well, game), so I can have hopes to one day again neglect more of my studies.LaGTTDuckS3 Jan 18, 2011
Jan 18, 2011 F keys don't always work since patch Since the patch I've had a lot of trouble with the F keys. Sometimes they work but mostly they don't anymore. Is this a known issue?DGenerate2 Jan 18, 2011
Jan 17, 2011 USB Game Controllers? I just got a USB Game Controller, the steelseries 1GC at Gamestop. I was wondering how to set it up for SCII, particularly for Lost Viking, and if that is even allowed. It didn't come with any drivers, and the instructions only detail Windows stuff, but it says it is Mac compatible. I have OS X 10.6.4 on a MacMini.Avalon12 Jan 17, 2011
Jan 16, 2011 Can't play starcraft2 I type my email address and push enter the game shuts down and brings me to the patch notes and it says finished and at 0%. If hit play and enter my email address again it goes thru the cycle again.TapRackPonce1 Jan 16, 2011
Jan 16, 2011 [Bug] Mac mouse drivers disabled by Starcraft Huge fan of the series here, and I love that you not only ported the game to mac but have actually patched alot of issues I had with the mac beta. I am having an issue with my mouse drivers that is definately created by Starcraft 2. I use a Razer Orochi, which has its own drivers that cancel Macintosh mouse acceleration. There is a noticable difference between system drivers and the Razer ones. Whenever I log out of starcraft II I have to reload the Orochi program to get the mouse to work right. Sometimes this happens in game but that happens randomly so I can't tell you how to recreate the issue there. It's not a huge deal as long as the opponent lets me pause so I can go to windowed and restart the orochi program. If you guys could figure out what causes this issue it would make my life much easier. I assume it has something to do with how SC takes control of the mouse from the system but can't offer any more information. Thanks for another awesome game, Lettuce.814Lettuce0 Jan 16, 2011
Jan 16, 2011 is it worth using bootcamp? should install bootcamp so starcraft 2 plays well on my macbook? will it slow down mac OS? is it worth changing OS every time you boot?Kuechi5 Jan 16, 2011
Jan 16, 2011 Macbook users not longer supported patch 1.2.0 has cut macbook users from the world of sc2. i can say that my computer worked fine and didnt lag at least 95% of the time. consider also the internet connection as well as the graphics card. im not buying a new computer anytime soon so farewell for sc2 for nowDillywhack25 Jan 16, 2011
Jan 16, 2011 Graphics! :) before this patch i had major issues with graphics. i would have to restart the game several tims to get the mini map to work. and even then i could only see protoss units by their shadows on the ground. After the update(patch 1.2.0),i can see everything fine! the mini map always works the protoss actually show their units zerg isn't a big graphical screw up. I am using the 13.3 Macbook from late 2008, with the unsupported GMX3100(or something like that). Really glad i can actually see the game,(running at about 15 frames a second, average). Any one else see performance boost like this?Maddjack7 Jan 16, 2011
Jan 16, 2011 Screen is black when launching fullscreen When I first updated to 1.2 and launched the game, the screen was black and completely unresponsive. I had to hard shut down my computer. Now everytime I launch the game in fullscreen, the screen is black with just the mouse cursor. To fix it, I have to command + M to go to windowed mode, then command + M again to go back. (I tried this because the same thing happens with Broodwar, except in BW I have to constantly do it between every game). I'm just hoping to report this before it gets to the same point as BW so I don't have to constantly do this at the start of every match. While I'm reporting that, I'm having another much more minor issue. If I pause a game, Command + M, then Command + M back, the gamma settings reset to zero. It usually fixes itself after a match, otherwise I have to manually go into settings during the match. I find it hard to see terrain through fog of war on my screen. This problem would be exacerbated if the black screen problem gets as bad as it is in Broodwar. About this Mac: iMac '09 (iMac 10,1) Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz RAM 4gb ATI Radeon HD 4670 256mb vramKelThaFunkee2 Jan 16, 2011
Jan 15, 2011 Error in uploading. I can't seem to upload replays. I get error messages on literally EVERY reply site I got. (I've made accounts on prolly...5 or 6 sites) Any ideas?Rathe2 Jan 15, 2011
Jan 15, 2011 Hotkey issue So, my first game in I nearly lost everything because pressing control 1/2/3/4 attempts to move through my spaces, instead of properly hotkeying my units. In addition, pressing ctrl, then, even if you release, it attempts to use the "enable/disable" hotkey, instead of making scv's. Disabling OS keyboard shortcuts fixes the first problem, and deleting or changing the hotkey for enabling/disabling sound fixes the second. Didn't see a thread about this so I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else is having this problem.EcterA9 Jan 15, 2011
Jan 15, 2011 Downloader authorization issue Hi, I am not sure if the problem I am having is because I am using a Mac. Anyway, I am currently in Hong Kong as opposed to Canada where I normally play StarCraft. My computer at canada is a PC and in Hong Kong I am using a Mac. Whenever i try to download the game using the downloader from the website, I get the error "There was a problem authenticating your download. Please go to http://www.blizzard.com/account/ to start a new download." I am using an admin account and I've tried downloading to different locations already, same issue.HarA8 Jan 15, 2011
Jan 15, 2011 Starcraft II Patch Mirror Hey all you Mac SC2 players!!! Just wanted to post this, as sometimes some people may have issues downloading the latest patch. We have this in our Support Site for patch releases like this. http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=35087&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=3635 ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support || Tues-Sat 9 AM - 5 PM CST Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Show some love to this boomkin I love STV. All the animals are so nice. They just run out of the jungle as your passing by and greet ya. I just have a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I run through. No, wait, that warm and fuzzy feeling is the friggin Tiger that jumped me.TonyM0 Jan 15, 2011
Jan 15, 2011 WHERE CAN YOU FIND YOUR REPLAYS ON MAC Hello everyone... I'm having trouble finding my replays on my macbook and I just wanted to know if anyone knew where to find them... THANKS, GERBOTGerbot2 Jan 15, 2011