Mac Technical Support

Oct 22, 2010 Losing points without even playing! So, I don't play Starcraft every day. More like every other day. But every time I come back to it after not playing for a day or two my league ranking has significantly dropped. So, I check it out every time and see that my points have been reduced to zero. How is this possible?! It's pretty annoying because I can't possibly rise up the rankings if every time I log off I have my legs cut from underneath me! Has anyone else had this problem? It must be some sort of glitch, right? SonofIver4 Oct 22, 2010
Oct 22, 2010 yet again no victory i just finished a co-op battle and when the victory screen came up i pressed "score screen" and it said i left the game :(Dillhole2 Oct 22, 2010
Oct 22, 2010 Game freezes at login screen What do i do, it freezes right when the login screen shows up. This just started happening today, it worked yesterday. Tried restarting, still freezesRtBeerShldrs3 Oct 22, 2010
Oct 22, 2010 Game not in progress This has happened several times now, especially since I just need the vs 3 zerg for an achievement. I leave and it says the game is still in progress though I was the last to leave, or it just refuses to award me the achievement and points. What's going on here, this has been a problem since SC2's release.stalker1 Oct 22, 2010
Oct 22, 2010 New iMac - Mouse acceleration issue I just got my very first Mac computer yesterday and immediately noticed a glaring issue; my mouse handles like crap (it crawls at first and then shoots across the screen making SC very difficult to play). After some research into the subject I found that my options are A) DLing a 3rd party program such as USB Overdrive and a few others (which helps only slightly. Playing SC is still next to impossible) or B) buy an intellimouse from Microsoft. So I'm considering running to BestBuy and picking up http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+IntelliMouse+Explorer+3.0+Optical+Mouse+-+Silver/Black/9883948.p?id=1218189012788&skuId=9883948&st=intellimouse&cp=1&lp=1. Does anybody have any experience with this mouse? Will the drivers for this mouse eliminate acceleration both in and out of the game? I currently have a Razer DeathAdder but the driver seems to do nothing despite having an option to turn on/off the acceleration. Hopefully I can get this fixed because I love everything else about my Mac and want to be able to enjoy it.Kithrael5 Oct 22, 2010
Oct 22, 2010 Unable to log in with new patch Hey Guys can you please help me I just installed patch 1.1.2 on my Imac everything used to work fine but now when i start the game i'm stuck on the fancy planet background and the log in windows and menu does not appear Thx a lot Grimgor9 Oct 22, 2010
Oct 22, 2010 Automatica Graphics Switching for 2010 MBP 15 Hi guys, when I'm running SC, I go to my graphics under "about this mac" and I get: Intel HD Graphics: Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Total): 288 MB Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x0046 Revision ID: 0x0018 gMux Version: 1.9.21 Displays: Display Connector: Status: No Display Connected and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M: Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0a29 Revision ID: 0x00a2 ROM Revision: 3560 gMux Version: 1.9.21 Displays: Color LCD: Resolution: 1680 x 1050 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Display Connector: Status: No Display Connected is something wrong? wonton1 Oct 22, 2010
Oct 20, 2010 First Mac - Acceleration/General Mouse Issues Several days ago I got my very first Mac which I was really excited for. I've been playing Starcraft on an older 17 inch Alienware laptop and couldn't wait for the transition to my new 27 inch iMac. So far I cannot even enjoy playing Starcraft. Every time I try to play a game I have to force myself to not quit halfway through because of all of the misclicks and overshooting my mouse is doing. When I adjust the speed settings the mouse goes from feeling far too slow and sluggish to being so fast and erratic that it's just flat-out unplayable. I have tried USB Overdrive, mousefix, and numerous other 3rd party programs that help very little if at all. I DO NOT WANT to be "as close as it's gonna get" or "pretty close" because its ungodly amounts of frustrating paying 2k+ for an excellent computer and then not being able to enjoy it due to some stupid issue like this. I have yet to see any comprehensive answer for this other than links to USB Overdrive. I bought a new Intellimouse from microsoft, which eliminates most of the "slow-at-first-then-shoots-across-the-screen" feature, but when I play the mouse appears to lag slightly behind my movement. I brought out the laptop and set it side-by-side with my iMac to test this. When on my laptop, the mouse responds instantly to what I tell it to do. On my mac, theres the ever-so-slight presence of sluggishness which makes me want to tear my hair out when playing SC. Does anybody have any fix to this that isn't USB Overdrive? It's becoming more and more tempting to just go play on my @#$%y laptop so I can enjoy the damn game.Kithrael1 Oct 20, 2010
Oct 20, 2010 Blizzard Launcher Error? So I have been trying for days to install Starcraft 2 on my Macbook Pro. I keep getting the 'Blizzard Launcher is not in the right directory' error business. The Mac is fully updated and I have deleted the shared folder directory (other people on here said it might help?). I've done an install from CD's and an multiple installs from Battle.net. I know I can run the game, the laptop has a core 2 duo, an nvidia 8600, 4 gigs of ram and ample HD space. Any ideas anyone? EDIT: the error reads ''The Blizzard Launcher must be in the same folder as a Blizzard game.''TitsMcgee2 Oct 20, 2010
Oct 20, 2010 patch download hi every one. i need help installing patches, i tried installing the 1.1.2 patch on my macbook but gets stuck at 59% but on my imac it downloaded correctly(after a problem i had that is now solved) but the problem persist on the macbook. i was thinking of simply copying the update carpet. does that help??? or is there another way??? Leonel0 Oct 20, 2010
Oct 20, 2010 Starcraft II freezes Starcraft II always freezes (around 10 second~) at the start of the game for me (after logging in). I've no idea why, while it's not gamebreaking or anything, it's just annoying. When I play offline though, the game doesn't freezes or anything which I suspect because of the data all I'm getting when I'm logging in into Battle.net. Macbook Pro 13" Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz NVIDIA GeForce 9400M pikaCHUANG1 Oct 20, 2010
Oct 20, 2010 Mac Nvidia Problem I just did a quick browse and I haven't seen anything, but I was wondering if the problem Mac's had with Nvidia cards has been fixed yet?? I've had to play SC on my PC because that problem is just unbearable for me.Volwrath2 Oct 20, 2010
Oct 20, 2010 Decals: You're doing it wrong I'm not sure if this is a mac issue, a settings issue or if I'm just incredibly dense and am doing something wrong when I try to set them up, but I can't seem to get decals to appear on any of my buildings or units. When I log in it says that I have one 'selected', but I can't see them. Not a huge deal, I know, but it's got me curious. Is this a bug or are do I have to have specific setting set to specific levels before they appear? I figured since I'm a mac user I'd post this here. I use a mid-2007 imac and have most of my settings set to medium. thanks!Marquis2 Oct 20, 2010
Oct 19, 2010 Long Quit Times... Hard Drive Fluctuation Searches on this website are running really slowly for me, but I've gone through a bunch of pages here and searches on Google without finding anything: When I quit Starcraft it usually takes between 3 to 5 minutes to quit and for Finder and everything else to stop being sluggish. I've had this problem from the very beginning, until the most recent patch. My first time playing the recent patch when I quit the program everything closed and went back to normal instantly. Since then it's gotten progressively worse. I'm curious if the problem has something to do with hard drive space: I've had plenty of time to stare at open windows while waiting for my system to recover and I slowly get back about 2GB of available space, at which point things run smoothly again. The strange thing is that my brother has the exact computer running the exact system with about the same hard drive space (30GB free out of 120GB). It's more of a nuisance than anything else, but any suggestions or explanations would be appreciated. Here are my computer specs: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 800 MHz Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07 SMC Version (system): 1.16f11 Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 128 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0407 Revision ID: 0x00a1 ROM Revision: 3175 System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569) Kernel Version: Darwin 10.4.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No Time since boot: 4 days 6:52 Red0 Oct 19, 2010
Oct 18, 2010 "remember account" not working consistently Whenever you (or atleast I) switch between offline and online play it doesn't remember my account. I live on campus where the internet in the dorms is terrible for anything besides not being online, but the lab internet is fine, so my laptop is often switching. Anyways its more just a minor inconvenience but if its a 10 minute job to include a fix in the patch might as well.Babno0 Oct 18, 2010
Oct 18, 2010 Tracker is not responding. So I'm trying to download the 1.2 patch, and I was not paying attention to it. 30 min. later, I check on it, wondering why it hasn't finished yet. I saw it rapidly go to 100%, but it did not finish. This happened multiple times. When I looked down at the download rate, it says less than 2 min. left, and I have either 90 something KBs left, or 0 Kbs left. All the while, my download rate is 0.0 Kb/s somehow. I tried downloading from the official mirror, but when I opened the .zip file for it, it said I already have the patch. I've ried turning off my firewall, and closing other applications, but nothing has worked.Niko4 Oct 18, 2010
Oct 18, 2010 Patch Annoyance, Bricking My Mac Pro Blizzard, please fix your patcher for Mac. Mac is a closed system with a robust operating system. You know what has crashed my Mac in the past 6 months. Your updater. Nothing else. And 3 times this evening. I have a job. I also like playing your games. But when I have to spend more time trolling around looking for how to get your admittedly wonderful games to work it makes me a very unhappy customer who has other things to do with his disposable entertainment dollars. (By the way, I got the first patch to work after some intrepid soul figured that your installer put map files in the wrong directory on my mac. Not a Blue post, just some guy.) Your customers wait YEARS for your games, then you rush this kind of crap out. Really, what are you thinking? Good luck untangling this mess.Shrike7 Oct 18, 2010
Oct 18, 2010 Problems with Campaign / Battle.net To start off, I have a mac mini and my graphics settings are on low for the exception of high models and 3d portraits. Normally campaign will take at least a few minutes to load but after that everything is very smooth with no lag whatsoever. Now, back to the issue. Lately i've been wanting to get achievements from the campaign and i've had two major problems... first of all, during the load or something I ALWAYS (for the past week or two) get disconnected from Battle.net. To second that, when I wish to log off, the screen "freezes" and all I can do is minimize, quit and restart SC2... This makes me unable to get achievements at ALL for the campaign and makes playing multiplayer afterwards quite annoying. Rain0 Oct 18, 2010
Oct 17, 2010 Scrolling Hi, I have a Macbook and I play on all LOW settings. This has happened to me several times where during the game, I guess when the FPS drops, I am unable to control units, issue orders or even scroll around the map. I am not sure what is wrong, but is there a way to fix this. Like I said, this didn't happen till about the recent patch.Raunchy0 Oct 17, 2010
Oct 17, 2010 BLIZZARD:When is Graphic Update 2? Is it being worked on, or even being considered. Its been awhile since the first graphic update apple has released. Blizzard, do u have a ETA when the fps problem will be fixed and when apple is going to release their second graphic update to fix the current problems? If not lol, can u say ur making progress and sc2 will be alot more playable before 2011...Jimmy2 Oct 17, 2010
Oct 17, 2010 Problem with installer I downloaded SC2-WingsOfLiberty-enUS-Installer and double clicked on the installer.app and nothing happened. Then i followed the steps in the case sensitive installer thread and that didnt work either. Please help!Droid0 Oct 17, 2010
Oct 17, 2010 Cannot Login With This Account After trying to update my client of Starcraft II for about an hour, I finally got it to work on my iMac Core 2 Duo with Mac OSX Leopard. I now can reach the login screen and type in my email address...Then the game tells me it's trying to connect to Battle.net. I went to a friends' house to try and login. He has a PC with Windows 7. It works perfectly. So I know now that the problem either lies in my network or my machine. My internet connection is fine; I can access this website on this computer, I opened all of the necessary ports...What is wrong with this machine?!MisterGuava0 Oct 17, 2010
Oct 17, 2010 Constant Lag After Patch 1.2 I've been experiencing constant lag when playing online in competitive matches. I've checked my internet connection and everything appears to be fine. I seem to have all my bandwidth and other games and downloads seem to be unchanged. Other features of the game appear to work including campaign and game replays. Every match I play I lag out and get dropped. I had no trouble playing until I downloaded the latest patch. Please Help! Here are the Details on my Machine: (this is the requested info from "writing good help requests" sticky forum) Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 800 MHz Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03 Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 512 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0407 Revision ID: 0x00a1 ROM Revision: 3212 System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569) Kernel Version: Darwin 10.4.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: NoZMANN3 Oct 17, 2010
Oct 17, 2010 Blizzard,Why Aren't You Responding? FPS Prbl Blizzard, why are you ignoring us on this? I have been waiting patiently for almost 3 weeks now for this to be fixed. I can't play the game even on low settings now, I am getting 8-10 FPS maximum. Ridiculous. We have made our threads, you know the problem. Im not sending you my system specs again. I was playing the game FINE before patch 1.1 and 1.2 on Medium settings and HIGH textures. Now with everything on LOW, I can't even play the game. And you ignore us? ThanksViTeksR0 Oct 17, 2010
Oct 16, 2010 OS X VERSION OF SC2 CONSTANTLY CRASHING Hello friends, I have the aluminum macbook from 2008, with the 9400m. I have a 500GB 5400RPM HD & 4 GB of Ram. My game is constantly crashing. at first it was every 10 or so games. but right now its crashing every game i try and play. when you're doing team games this can be especially frustrating because you let your allies down. I'm not sure why this happening. The game seems to be crasheing when I hit my hotkey for hatchery to spawn units. I brushed it off at first but now it's happened 3 games in a row. I took a break for a while and tried again, bam. game crashed. always in game. always online. Everything else about my computer is functioning normally. The problem appears to be with the game. I'm not entirely sure if this problem is because of something I'm doing, something wrong with OS X version of the game, or just a problem with SC2 in general. Is anybody else having this problem? I love starcraft 2 but I can't enjoy the game at all when it's crashing over & over again! :( UPDATE: i am using 10.6.4 WITH the graphics update. DOUBLE UPDATE: i tend to curse when sending error reports, due to frustration. I apologize for this behavior. It isn't helpful to anyone. I hope the error report readers don't take any personal offense to what I say. I'll cut it out. seriously. lol. Asphyxia10 Oct 16, 2010
Oct 16, 2010 Patch 1.1.2 not updating. Each time I try to start sc2, the patch stays at 0%. After a little while the "play" button appear and when I click it, it enter the game then crash immediately on the log-in screen. Any help?LionKingMax2 Oct 16, 2010
Oct 16, 2010 mouse not moving right I play on a 3 year old macbook pro at work and a 6 month old macbook at home. I play with all graphics settings on lowest, just because sometimes the effects cause lag. So at work everything works great. Perfect. At home, the mouse moves odd. It's like the movement is very slightly lagged behind where it should be. Very slight, but enough that it ruins my playing. I had this same problem when I used to try playing sc1 on a mac. I don't know how to describe it other than it's off. I tweak the sensitivity and I have cycled through different mice and even took my work mouse home to make sure that wasn't the issue. It's not the mouse. There's some setting outside of sc2 that's different and I have no idea what it is. I'm hoping someone can help me identify what it is.AndyWiggn1 Oct 16, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 Can't watch replays, no replay folder exists As the title says. I cannot watch replays. There is no replay folder to be found. When I do a search on the .sc2replay extension to find replays I've saved nothing is found. I would LOVE to be able to watch replays. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Thanks, Tomaszthawkk5 Oct 15, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 Map Editor I installed SC II using the direct download from battle.net. The game itself works fine, however the map editor is not. When ever I attempt to run the editor, a diaglog box with this appears: Process: StarCraft II Editor [12021] Path: /Users/kenyule/Desktop/StarCraft II Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/StarCraft II Editor Identifier: com.blizzard.starcraft2.editor Version: ??? (???) Code Type: X86 (Native) Parent Process: launchd [97] For some reason, my mac cannot find the version number. KASs0 Oct 15, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 Game install problem Okay so this is my situation. I had a MacBook from 08, i purchased the digital download for Starcraft II and installed it on said MacBook. I just got a 27 inch 2.93 GHz iMac. I didn't feel like re-downloading Starcraft II but i saved the Starcraft II .dmg on my backup drive. I installed Starcraft II onto my top of the line iMac. When i went into my graphics settings menu, it already had the graphics settings for my MacBook as the suggested graphics setting for my top of the line iMac. I googled "how to uninstall Starcraft II from mac," and only got results for how to uninstall the beta. So, i re-downloaded Starcraft II from Blizzard.com and installed and replaced the old Starcraft II folder. I downloaded the latest patch and launched the game, opened up the graphics option menu and STILL gives me recommended graphics quality settings for the MacBook. I tried deleting the variables.txt file from both documents/blizzard/starcraft II and user/your user/library/application support/blizzard/starcraft II. Did not work. Still says my recommended screen resolution is 1280x720, Still says recommended graphics setting on Low or Medium. I opened up the graphics settings for Macs thread on these forums and tried putting using the suggested setting posted but on the post processing option, it is stuck on medium. I only get the low and medium option, not the ultra, even though when you hover your mouse over the graphics option i can see three settings. Does anybody know how to fix this issue???KrrSplat2 Oct 15, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 Hallelujah! ... Go Blizzard~!Snipe1 Oct 15, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 HELP MIC OK this is going to sound really stupid, but how do you use the voice chat during the game with a MAC? thanksChristophe4 Oct 15, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 Internet or Mac Problem Basically, it's been a snowball effect. I had been playing games perfectly fine, 2v2 with random partners. Then some buddies get on and we played 3v3s. Well after about 2-3 games, I got kicked off BNet, and it refused to let me back on, saying to check my internet. My internet was running fine, I checked. So after a few minutes, it lets me back on. Then 10 minutes into the next game, it shows the surrender option (I'm lagging). I surrender (cause it obviously wasn't lag), get booted, and again, not able to relog. At this point, I restarted my router, checked it's settings, everything was fine. Tried again, and nope, drop. My partners were saying that it was like I wasn't in the party, that I wasn't accepting the game queue at this point, when it showed us in 3v3 queue on my screen. Thoroughly frustrated, I thought about making a forum post (after looking first) in hopes to get this issue resolved. Any ideas of what this may be, please reply with suggestions. Thanks!MortalMedic0 Oct 15, 2010
Oct 15, 2010 Fatal crash in campaign ghost of a chance I have been running a campaign over the time between the last and previous patch (1.1.0 -1.1.1 i think) i have been replaying missions for achieves through the in game 'bridge console' and every time i try to load the 'ghost of a chance' reply i get a fatal system crash at the briefing cinematic that i must force shut down my computer. I don't think that this has generated a crash report, but it has happened a few times. This is the only mission that i have had this problem and i have replayed missions that i originally played before the last patch date. I am running a pretty standard PC with windows 7. Edit: this should be moved to general tech supportBrokenShadow0 Oct 15, 2010
Oct 14, 2010 Stuck on "Players Found!" When trying to do a 2v2 with a friend of mine on ladder placement, we search for players, find it, countdown sounds starts...but after the countdown it gets stuck. everybody else joins the game but i have a fully functioning menu and can chat but it won't join games. happens when i am team leader and when my friend is team leader. doesn't matter. 1v1 league games work.dbot0 Oct 14, 2010
Oct 14, 2010 "Restart and patch your client before... you can play multiplayer. the problem is, i have patched my client, 1.1.2, and logged in, decided it was a good day to ladder. So, i tried 1v1 ladder and that^ message pops up. any help?Racsnarok33 Oct 14, 2010
Oct 14, 2010 cant join games Error! You must restart your game client and patch to the latest version before playing a multiplayer game. ... but i just did..Anyone else getting this? Some on my friends list are getting this as well...root2 Oct 14, 2010
Oct 14, 2010 single player vs. AI Possible since 1.1.2, maybe even before that. So since I was unable to play on the servers after patching to 1.1.2 I decided to play vs. AI on a guest account locally. The game seems to have a lot of trouble with this, when I get to the map selection screen it sputters and freezes along, my computer also completely stops responding to any commands at all. The animations even stop animating. At first I thought my computer crashed entirely, then- it just suddenly started to work again. Everything else about local play worked as expected. TreadKnot1 Oct 14, 2010
Oct 14, 2010 Sound issue I am having some major sound issues. I have a 2010 13" MBP. It is kind of hard to describe the issue but I'll try. When I push the volume up/down buttons on the keyboard at anytime while im in the game the sound bugs out and starts repeating like a skipping cd, sometimes it stops, sometimes the sound cuts out completely until i reboot and sometimes the game freezes. My sound is set up on "stereo". Anyone have any ideas?RKing2 Oct 14, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 Mouse gets to bottom of screen, jumps to top I'm running StarCraft II on a 9400 Macbook, and I'm running into an issue whereby every time I move my mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen, it gets warped to the top of the screen instead of just getting contained by the bottom edge of the screen. It makes it pretty crazy trying to do anything that requires my cursor go near the bottom edge of the screen. heh. My setup: I run the game on an external monitor, with my displays arranged so that the external 1680x1050 one is centered above the built-in LCD. Workaround: Turn on mirroring. I'd kind of been hoping this would be fixed by the last patch, but I guess nobody's bothered to report it, or if they have, not enough people have mentioned it. heh. Anyways, hope this finds somebody at Blizzard who might have the itch to fix it. Cheers.Spate1 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 Mac Pro 5,1 - 10 gb ram - crash after mission My game is crashing after every campaign mission. I complete the mission and see the stats screen. Then, when I go to get back into the loading screen for the ship interface, it gets halfway and is stuck. Restarting the game gets me into the next sequence. Any ideas on a fix?Desmond8 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 College Campus Network Connection Issues If your school is encountering a network related issue that is preventing you from accessing StarCraft II multiplayer, please email your IT departments and ask them to open up port 1119 (TCP and UDP) from their network to the following netblocks: 12.129.206.0/24 12.129.202.128/25 12.130.193.128/25 213.248.127.0/24 80.239.188.0/25 195.12.229.128/25 121.254.200.0/24 222.231.22.0/23 202.9.66.0/23 Doing so should allow your clients to connect to multiplayer for your region as well as any other regions you currently have an account for. Jessicalu0 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 No news on the lowered fps front? Shortly after patch 1.1 came out, it seems like dang near everyone started having a plethora of problems with framerates, some people stalling down to 0, some people dropping to 2-3 on bleeding-edge hardware setups, and some, like myself, seeing framerates that feel like they're between 40-70% of what they were in 1.0, pretty much -all the time- So, my question... has nobody yet isolated exactly why this is, yet? Some have mentioned (mostly pc users, since they have the utils to monitor this) that their CPU/GPU usage never exceeds 50% utilization, even with all the low framerates, which seems very odd. Perhaps blizzard intentionally throttled gpu usage due to all the accusations of the game "making their computer explode"? If so, please, change it back already >< Other than that, anyone check a 1.0 variables.txt versus a 1.1 variables.txt? Are there any new things or things missing perhaps that could have been the cause of the game running so silky smooth in 1.0, and so hunky-chunky in 1.1? Seriously, I played the entire game through -twice-, almost 3 times, before 1.1 came out. Once on medium, then on hard, then halfway through brutal. Always 1680x1050, always medium settings + high/ultra effects + high/ultra physics, very smooth and trouble-free for the entire campaign, except for the zeratul mission in the caves, and the lava surge map, which are pretty much just horrendously slow on anything other than "low" on my system. After patch 1.1 though, it seems framerates dropped easily in half, seriously I have to run the game at 1344x840 to get *roughly* the same framerates that I WAS getting at 1680x1050.. interestingly enough, that's about half the total number of pixels, which again leads me back to the suspicion of GPU throttling which is a really ugly thought, but not outside the realm of possibility. I've troubleshot the issue as far as finding some cases that seem to make the game even MORE chunky resulting in it being nearly unplayable, but that has a workaround (changing graphics settings mid-game after it starts acting up)... the overall lower-framerates-24/7, on the other hand, seems to be missing a real fix (other than just running in lower settings or a lower res than I SHOULD be able to)... Does anyone know of any solution to this yet? Any cause? Anything?Galvanic9 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 Cannot Find Replays On Mac After Patch I have contacted Blizzard literally 7 times about this issue and no one knows what the problem is. We do not have a Blizzard folder in the Starcraft 2 support folder. We want to be able to find our replays like we once could. Why in the HELL would you feel the need to change something that was working fine? If it ain't broke don't fix it Blizzard. I will continue to follow up on this thread and please Mac users read and voice your opinion and let's get this to the top so Blizzard can see this. Thanks Tommy Note: I also put this in the problems section of the forumBigBadWolf6 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 cant play league games? so, since the patch today... when i go to search for a league game (1v1, or 2v2 are the only ive tried) nothing happens. it says 'waiting' ... why cant i play league? my friend was not having the same problem, and i can play custom games... and campaign etc... just wont search for league games for me... ?? anyone have any idea why this could be? eraserfase10 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 Can't find replays I just can't people keep saying ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/StarCraft II/Accounts/<magic number>/<magic number>/Replays. But there's no Blizzard or Starcraft II folder in Application Support folder or in any other on the Library folder. Please help me!Nethule2 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 Mac SC2 Login Problem? Im having problem logging in. i have all my softwares updates on mac and same for sc2. but everytime i log in there is an battle net error saying u need connection or something like that. but i do have connection and i enter the right email and password. Why cant i log in.Ammitai2 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 13, 2010 How do I watch replays? Hey everyone, On my PC at home, when I want to watch a replay, I just download it and when it finishes SC2 automatically starts up and the replay begins once I log in. However, I have a Macbook Pro that I also play on, and I can't figure out how to watch replays on it. I tried doing it the same way that I did with my PC, and it either doesn't start SC2 up at all, or it'll start up, I'll log in, and then the replay will never start. I also tried to create a folder under the "Multiplayer" tab in the replays folder called "DL Replays," but when searching my mac for this folder it's no where to be found, so I can't just drag and drop the files in. What could be the problem, and how can I watch replays? Thank you!GrimZ3 Oct 13, 2010
Oct 12, 2010 Nothing loads. Ever. I had starcraft running fine on my year old iMac. I can't recall if it was right after the last patch or sometime after that, but now I can't play. I start up the client and I see the planet thingy, and hear the music, but it doesn't even load up the login dialog. I ran repair and it said everything was fine. I even tried launching a map from the editor. It shows the loading screen, and an empty progress bar. No progress is ever marked. When I try this, it even froze my entire machine and made me restart it. At least when I launched the client I could apple-Q to shut it down. Why can't I log in or play?Magnus1 Oct 12, 2010
Oct 11, 2010 Alt tab issue on mac. So basically when I minimize the game window, my whole system lags. I have to quite SC2 then do whatever I needed to do. Something as simple as browsing facebook, etc. I've only started having this prob about a week ago. Any input?wonton4 Oct 11, 2010