Mac Technical Support

Dec 4, 2015 Binding control to mouse button Hi everyone, I'm trying to bind my forward and backward buttons on my mouse to act as control and shift, so I can easily make control groups and add to them without breaking my left hand reaching down for the control button. I'm using logitech's software to remap the buttons, and it works on my desktop! However, when I try to make a control group in SC2 by holding forward (which has been remapped as control) and pressing 1, it doesn't work. I tried recreating the hotkey in the SC2 options, but it's only recognizing my input as control even though I'm technically holding control and pressing 1. Bit of info: I'm on OSX 10.9.2, using a logitech performance MX mouse tl:dr, I bound "control" to a mouse button, but SC2 does not recognize "control+1" or any other number if I try using this newly bound button. It only reads "control". Why!?!?! Are there any recommended keybinder programs out there for mac? thanks in advanceCptPuppet0 Dec 4, 2015
Dec 4, 2015 Can't launch the game I downloaded the game a few days go and was able to play the prologue missions. Then it froze between missions and I have not been able to log back in the game since. When I click on launch in the battleNet app, it either does nothing and the button switches back from «play» to «launch» or the screen switches to black with only the mouse arrow appearing. I then need to shut down the cpu to do anything else. I have a 2015 MacBook Pro and I recently installed El Capitan on it.Kubrick2 Dec 4, 2015
Dec 4, 2015 Insufficient Memory? I just got LotV and booted it up. Now Starcraft two is telling me I have insufficient memory to adjust my graphics quality. I have 12 GB of RAM and obviously a 64 bit OS as I'm running OSX. This was never problem before legacy of the void. Any advice?Magnus6 Dec 4, 2015
Dec 4, 2015 Game quit campaign when loading next mission Every time I try to load next mission the game suddenly quits campaign and goes to initial menu, then it is impossible to load anything again unless I restart the game. I've tried restart machine, re-installed battle.net nothing works. One thing that might be related is there is currently an update that can't finish download, it stops automatically showing erro BLZBNTAGT00000840, I've gone trough all the steps the support page suggests, didnt fix. Anyway the game status is optimal so should be working. Pls help (playing on mac)Felipe0 Dec 4, 2015
Dec 2, 2015 Hotkeys Crap Since Patch 3!!! Ever since Patch 3.0, my hotkeys are CRAP . . . . .I've played since SC1 was release, NEVER had this problem till now . . . . .they lose their settings, change, and or ALL empty . . . . often right in the middle of combat . . . .wtf!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody know what's going on or having this problem? The GAME IS UNPLAYABLE at Diamond level cause THEY DO NOT WORK!!!!!! HOTKEYS ALL STOPPED WORKING!!!!!!!!! Set them, they go away, reset them, they change . . . . .1 becomes 3, 2 becomes 5 and 6 through 10 are all GONEE!! WTF!!!!!!Sutton6 Dec 2, 2015
Dec 2, 2015 BLZBNTAGT00000327 11/29/15 Dear all, I tried installing Starcraft 2 on my Mac and I have followed the previous advice from this thread http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17346427329 of deleting the shared user files of battle net and blizzard to no avail. the symptoms are at a certain point of installation the mac suddenly freezes and forces me to commit a hard reset in order to boot it back up again. Any help or advice on this matter?Estarrol1 Dec 2, 2015
Dec 1, 2015 LotV Campaign and Achievements Reset! The campaign reset with achievements along with all save files. Game was fine previously until sudden battlenet server shutdown at around 12pm (GMT +8). Any way to get the achievements and saves back? Running on MacBook Pro 2014 OS X Yosemite.Resvero1 Dec 1, 2015
Dec 1, 2015 Score screen not shown in LotV [OSX] Hello, score screen is randomly not shown after 1vs1 games. I checked my installation, it did not help. System: OSX 10.11 SC2 version: 3.0.5.39117ptarh0 Dec 1, 2015
Nov 30, 2015 [Bug] OS mouse tracking speed modified Quitting Starcraft appears to alter the Operating System's mouse tracking speed. Starcraft 3.0.3.38749 Mac OS 10.10.5 Using a Logitech M510 mouse Settings in starcraft: Mouse sensitivity slider at 50%, mouse sensitivity turned off. O.S. Settings: System Preferences / Mouse / Tracking Speed to 2 notches to the right of slow. Steps to reproduce: 1) Run starcraft via launcher 2) Quit starcraft 3) Mouse now tracks much faster than before, looking at System Preferences the tracking speed is now 6 notches to the right of slow. * This appears to happen when playing either full screen or windowed. * The tracking speed doesn't change until I quit starcraft (I checked System Preferences while SC was still running). * The tracking speed appears to be related to the position of the sensitivity slider. 100% on the slider results in max speed. 50% is 6 notches to the right. * The bug does't seem to happen during the session that I change the mouse sensitivity settings. It only happens when I start and quit SC without changing the settings. * The bug does not happen if mouse sensitivity is enabled in SC.Dave4 Nov 30, 2015
Nov 29, 2015 Assembly Panel in War Council chamber (crash) When I click the options in succession to see new available units the game sometimes crashes. I would go directly to a new available unit type, but there is no indication of which type has a new option. Selecting bottom to top in succession is what I am doing, but top to bottom may cause the crash as well. Only the mouse is curser is moveable. Clicks and keyboard input unresponsive. I am unable to leave full screen, and all I can do is force a shutdown. This app crash has only happened after at least an hour of continuous gameplay, but I have yet to browse the Assembly Panel before a mission. The could be due to a setting. However, this is the only thing I have found that crashes the game. Not knowing the cause, fidgeting with the graphics settings may be a wasted effort when I could just be saving the universe from a crazed god! Legacy of the Void, Mac OSX 10.11.x, Mid 2014 MacBook Pro 13", 2.6 GHz (Core i5), 8gb ram, Intel Iris 1536mbNPJH2 Nov 29, 2015
Nov 29, 2015 Cutscene desynch - first orbital bombardment In either the first Shakuras mission or the first Korhal mission in the LoTV campaign (whichever is done first), there is a cutscene for the first activation of the orbital bombardment systems. When this happens for me, the sound effect of the weapons firing goes off, then there is a period of complete silence as the weapons actually fire and the camera follows the shots down, with sound returning at impact. The silence period seems longer for the Shakuras version than the Korhal version. I have not noticed anything similar happening elsewhere, and at first I thought the silence was intentional, representing the lack of sound in space. Since there is a sound effect for the weapons firing, and it plays before the weapons actually fire, this is clearly a case of the video and audio not syncing properly in that cutscene. Reproduction? Every time playing the campaign, for me. Note that this cutscene will not play if the mission is done from the Master Archives, as the weapons systems are already unlocked in that case. I'm running Mac OS 10.10.5 on a 2015 MacBook Pro.jmerry0 Nov 29, 2015
Nov 28, 2015 Please help me download Heart of the Swarm So i bought a hard copy of the expansion HotS today, i put the disk into my Mac, everything seems to be going well. The startup asks me for my password because Star Craft is trying to change stuff, so i do that. The battlenet opens up and starts to initialize the game and I'm watching the download bar, and all of a sudden it disappears. this keeps happening even after I've turned off firewall and tried to manually open the game. I own a Macbook, currently playing StarCraft, and it worked fine when i downloaded it. So my issue is there is no initializing of the expansion, it doesn't download or do anything, please help.CaptainCrunk0 Nov 28, 2015
Nov 28, 2015 i want a refund [i][/i] i have doneloaded game 3 times still havenet even gotten to play this game. i have had my account on battle net for almost a decade. whenever i load up starcraft 2 legacy of the void i can only get to the login screen and then it tells me to login so i do then it cant connect at all been trying since i got legacy of the void. at this point i giving up and i want my money back. seriously why make a game if you wont let anyone get by the login screen. blizzard after this i will no longer buy , play or have anything to do with your company ever again. i hope your sales drop and your company goes bankrupt and one other thing your customer support number completely useless. Talos360@hotmail.comdaishi0 Nov 28, 2015
Nov 28, 2015 Can't Play--Loading Screen Kicks Me Out Good Morning, I bought Legacy of the Void, and used the Authentication Key to begin playing it. Your company crafted an impressive product, and I am very pleased with the game. I'm about 5 missions into the campaign, and the game doesn't really let me play it anymore. When a new mission begins to load, the loading bar stagnates, and I get kicked back to the main menu. I've tried resetting my computer, and it sometimes repeats, sometimes it doesn't, but I've arrived at a new mission that just won't load without kicking me back to the main menu. Other information that might be relevant: -I use a Mac (and yes, I'm quickly falling out of love with Apple for this and other reasons). -Since I used the Authentication Key for Legacy of the Void, the Battle.net app has been glitchy in general. Sometimes it will start up instantly, sometimes I get a dialogue box that says "Starting Battle.net", and it will freeze there (fixed by resetting the computer). -Updates won't load. The loading bar will get to about 72.70 MB remaining, and won't resume loading. Other times, it will start loading, then instantly stagnate and quit. -Battle.net won't close. It begins its shutdown process, then freezes, and I have to force quit it. Any help would be very appreciated. I'm not extremely computer-savvy, but as said earlier, the game is really engaging and I'd just like to be able to play it again.Grubenator3 Nov 28, 2015
Nov 28, 2015 Can't load anything I have the new 2015 Macbook Pro and I download Sc2 to the optimal section, yet when I try playing the campaign, the loading bar would get about half-way and then it would take me back to the main screen where I can select a campaign and what not. It's not just the campaign I'm having an issue with, I can't load into a regular match either, the loading bar would go half-way and take me back to the main screen. Please help!SteeLMuffin12 Nov 28, 2015
Nov 26, 2015 "Unable to download required assets" Hello Friends, My issue is closely similar to others involving the campaign. Post if anyone reading this has the same issue! So here it is (the first time it happened): After completing the first mission in the new Lotv campaign, I exited the game (for personal reasons) and came back to it later. When I clicked on the campaign tab at the home page in the actual Starcraft 2 game, I clicked on "episode 3, Legacy of the Void." After doing so I clicked on the "Main Story" option where it led me to a follow up screen and I clicked "continue." Now I am in the loading screen and when it seemingly finishes loading, it surprisingly takes me back to the screen where I originally clicked "continue." So, I reset the client and logged back in and the problem was fixed. However, after coming back to the game again a day later, the same problem occurred after I completed mission 6. I was able to complete missions 2-6 with no problems. I tried clicking "continue" repeatedly and occasionally an error would pop up (when it took me back to the screen where it says "continue") saying "Unable to download required assets." I am not a tech savvy person so I'm not quite sure what this means but this seems to be the primary issue. I read up on another post that described an almost identical issue as mine and followed the Blizzard Employee's steps to flush my DNS. Again, not the brightest person when it comes to tech so I did not really know exactly what I was doing, but nonetheless I followed the steps and now when I open the battle.net launcher that displays all the Blizzard games, a new error pops up saying, "Something went wrong with a file. We're not sure what caused it, so please try again or click the code below for more information. Sorry about that!" The code is BLZBNTAGT00000840. Not sure if this has anything to do with me being unable to play the campaign but I thought I would bring this up. *Update* I copied and pasted this from about 5 days ago and now the error described within the first paragraph "Unable to download required assets" does not seem to appear anymore after it takes me back to the screen where it says to "continue" campaign from the loading screen. The error might pop up again in the future but ever since I posted this issue on the other forum, the error no longer appears. -BrnaBrna3 Nov 26, 2015
Nov 26, 2015 Low quality cutscenes Is this just me or are the cutscenes in game really low quality? Everything else looks great. Anyone have an explanation/fix?Blaze1 Nov 26, 2015
Nov 26, 2015 MAC - Legacy of Void display Issues and audio Date of capture: 26/11/2015 I'm a Mac user and after starting the campaign of Legacy of the Void I've encountered issues regarding in-game models and UI elements not displaying right. Plus some audio issues. Here are the specs of my machine: Operative system: OS X Yosemite v10.10.5 Model: iMac (27 inch, Mid 2011). Processor: 3,1 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB I'm adding some screenshots showing the issues. 1. In-game models not showing properly (Plus a screen square in the mini-map): http://s20.postimg.org/9lygl1v25/game_models_issue.jpg 2. UI problems with the units. http://s20.postimg.org/75wn77czh/UI_issue.jpg 3. UI problems, teleport animation not showing well and blurred Character portrait. http://s20.postimg.org/ni6owxrb1/units_and_portraits_issue.jpg 4. Victory screen not showing properly. http://s20.postimg.org/gg8raqnp9/victory_screen.jpg Plus dialogue of characters doesn't work at all during missions (Sometimes).TheSpectator0 Nov 26, 2015
Nov 26, 2015 fps drop again fps fluctuating from 15 to 100 since yesterday anyone has the same problem? macbookpro mid 2009 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Graphics Geforce 9600M GT 512 MB OSX Yosemite 10.10.3Will5 Nov 26, 2015
Nov 25, 2015 Low performance in windowed (fullscreen) mode Hi Dear Community and support :) After updating my StarCraft 2 to latest version I met with a problem on my OS X El Capitan. When I'am running Starcraft in windowed (fullscreen) display mode, I have very low FPS, than usual. Around 5-7 FPS in game. In simple windowed mode or in fullscreen mode, StarCraft 2 works perfectly. Can you please advice what to do, to fix my troubles. I will be very grateful for help :)drewoko2 Nov 25, 2015
Nov 25, 2015 Graphics on Mac vs pc Hey guys quick question. I've been thinking about getting a Mac but I want to know if the graphics on ultra settings look the same as they do on PC. The reason why I'm asking this is because I've heard that some games, despite being set to ultra, still don't look very good on Mac as compared to PC. An example of this is civ 5 with its water textures on Mac. So does anyone happen to know?DuffRose9 Nov 25, 2015
Nov 24, 2015 MacBook Pro 2007 and Legacy of the Void? When I'm not doodling pictures of Artanis on an Etch-a-Sketch, I play Heart of the Swarm at medium to high(-ish) settings well enough on a 2007 MacBook Pro <https://support.apple.com/kb/SP17?locale=en_US> with 16GB of memory. Has anyone had any experience running Legacy of the Void on a similar set up? Could Legacy of the Void still be playable on my set up? I'm aware that the 2007 MacBook Pro is under the minimum requirements for both Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void but I've had great success running Heart of the Swarm on this set up and am keen to see the story through and play the occasional multiplayer game. I'm also familiar with https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/starcraft-ii-system-requirements but it doesn't explain how I'm able to run Heart of the Swarm well enough or if anyone else has had any experience running Legacy of the Void on a set up like mine. Thanks for your time, KielKiel0 Nov 24, 2015
Nov 23, 2015 Game freezes on campiagn level loading When playing campaigns and returning to the campaign hub map (Hyperion, with the armory/cantina/lab/bridge) after completing a level, the loading frequently stalls immediately after completing the Streaming Data stage. At the point where the loading bar is 50% filled, Starcraft 2 becomes non-responsive (does not even accept Cmd+M or Cmd+Tab to go to another window if in full-screen mode). If in windowed mode, the Force Quit Application window can be brought up with Cmd+Opt+Esc, and it marks SC2 as not responding. This only appears to happen immediately after completing a campaign level. It does not seem to occur when entering the campaign hub map from the main Starcraft 2 menu. This issue does not happen 100% of the time; sometimes it loads just fine, although rarely. ... ... ... A quick search reveals the same issue being reported (with no solution provided) back in 2010. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627980712 http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/628240410Garryl2 Nov 23, 2015
Nov 23, 2015 Freeze on map load (OS X) Whenever I try to matchmake for a game, I never get beyond 60% loaded, and the game freezes. Sounds stop but the mouse still moves. Alt-tabbing no longer works. I can force quit with cmd-alt-esc, but it's happened three times now. I'd really like to play some sc2 :/RFDaemoniac4 Nov 23, 2015
Nov 23, 2015 Accidentally deleted Starcraft from LaunchPad Hi, please explain how is it possible to return it back to launchpad. I dried to download it again, but after I perform downloaded file it checks updates and tell me that 100% is downloaded and I can play now. But after I close the Starcraft, I cannot find any links to Starcrarf2 in Launchpad or applications. Thanks in advance! MacOS 10.9.3.EgorKRS4 Nov 23, 2015
Nov 23, 2015 campaign crashing I am 3 missions in, and now when I try to load the campaign, it crashes and send me back to menu. I can't load the campaign in any form now, even as a new campaign. I have a macbook pro. I spent 40$ and now It is completely broken 2 hours into play....NINJAVITIS11 Nov 23, 2015
Nov 23, 2015 Can't do any on SC2 Macbook pro 2011 Bought LoTV starting playing campaign. After first mission the game started to freeze. First on a cinematic which I ended up having to skip, next on the war room, and now and everything god damn thing. I can't load a multiplayer game, coop game, or even enter campaign. It gets to loading screen and either freezes or kicks me back to the main page. Trying to play multiplayer it shows message saying "can't download required assets"cyclonestate6 Nov 23, 2015
Nov 22, 2015 Scan and Repair So I tried to run the update for the new Starcraft patch it said it was broken and to try again. I did the scan and repair thing, said the same thing "whoops, looks like something broke, try again". I restarted the computer, didn't work. I tried repairing it 3 times, didn't work. What do I do?Jakester1 Nov 22, 2015
Nov 22, 2015 Game isn't downloading content They multi player and vs AI won't download content. I search for a game and it just loads eternally. It will stay on zero percent and won't change. The longer it downloads the larger the estimated wait time gets.Leumas4 Nov 22, 2015
Nov 22, 2015 Mac performance problems after 3.0 Hi is there any patch underway to fix this issue? It is rendering the game unplayable.HabbAH0 Nov 22, 2015
Nov 22, 2015 Progress keeps changing (and KB shortcuts) Weird problem playing LOTV on my 2015 MBP 13". I play a session of the LOTV campaign and must use the control key to create control groups. Fine. I get through the first mission and nearly the end of mission 2, save and exit. I come back the next day and all my progress is gone. I'm back to mission one. And oddly enough, I now must use the Command key to create control groups. Weird. I play again, getting to mission 3, save and exit mid through. I exit the game, have some lunch, come back and I'm back to the first state, where I'm at the end of mission 2. All the progress from the morning is now lost. I'm also now back to using the control key to create command groups. I've exited and re-entered the game a few times, but I'm still at the first state (mission 2, control key for grouping). I preferred the second state. What the heck is going on? Feels like LOTV is having a hard time remembering my settings. UPDATE: Looks like the issue is related to regions. On a hunch I switched to the "Americas" region, and I was back to the preferred being in the middle of mission 3 (and using the command key). For some reason I was automatically switched to the Americas last time I played. I definitely did not do this myself. I originally purchased SC2 in the US, but now live in Australia. So maybe SC is getting confused.MenDAKE0 Nov 22, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Random crashing outside gameplay; campaign I'd say about once per hour; which is about every other mission I do in campaign, the game just freezes up. Usually after I click something. So not just randomly while the game ~idle, and not during a little on-the-ship cut scene. When I click on a new unit, or click to go the bridge, etc. Pretty frustrating/ confusing. Anyone else? Is this a weird setting somewhere, or how else could I fix?Zerae0 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Strange Lag, Shaky Mouse, Fullscreen Hi! I have a beast of a macbook pro, 8core 2.3ghz intel i7, 16gig, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB I've never had problems, and I keep my playing at Medium. It appears after the patch that things have gotten real choppy and laggy, the mouse as well does not move correctly, it appears to be missing movement data because i'll move my mouse across the pad and it won't move much on the screen and will continue to be shaky. What's strange is that if I take it off of windowed fullscreen into "windowed", it completely goes away, cinematics play well and the mouse has no issues in gameplay and I can up my game back to medium with no lag or issues or anything. This is VERY weird. Can someone tell me if this is a bug or am I missing something on my end?KillRituals9 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Unresponsive - frequent but not repeatable OSX 10.11.1, 27" iMac mid 2010, currently on mission Skyhold From war council assembly panel (i have only unlocked melee, ranged, and cloaked), quickly clicking between classes or between options within a class will make the game unresponsive. all audio and animation stops. interestingly, the cursor is still responsive, but no UI elements function. Game can only be quit through "force kill" OS X keyboard shortcuts. Condition has persisted through several power cycles (commanded reset AND power interruption)Sean0 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Crash after finishing the essence of eternity The game crashes every single time after the essence of eternity mission in epilogue story finish and right before the stat page popping up. Can someone help me before i cannot go on to play the next mission because of thispoomalien0 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Fps dropped from 120 to 20 never recovered HI for 8 months both sc2 and Heroes have been unplayable for me due to mouse stuttering and massive fps issues. It was fixed recently and the fix lasted for about a week and a half where I was getting 100-120 fps per game. Now it suddenly dropped to 20 fps when I was playing a match and won't recover. Even my in Menu fps is screwed up. I can't even really get more than 30 fps in the menu.Enda0 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Game crashes when I try to exit the program I try to exit starcraft via the menu and the game freezes. They only way to quit it is via cmd option esc and to force quit.Leumas2 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 [bug] Achievement not showing + cutscene QT I'm running OS X 10.11 El Capitan on a 2012 Retina MacBook Pro 8GB RAM I am getting the achievements but they do not pop up on screen the moment I get them. I have to check on my profile to see if I got it or not. Also Im not sure if this is a performance issue or something else but the cutscenes (asides from the in game cutscenes and the cinematic at the beginning) are kind of choppy and slightly pixelated in quality. I have made sure to have the checkbox for HQ videos on. I would not have noticed if I didn't see the cutscenes again on streams and youtube they seem to be of better quality and don't run nearly as choppy. (Im pretty sure they were running windows) Is anyone else having these problems?FuwaFuwaling0 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 Legacy of the Void installed, but simply won't work on Mac Install went without error messages and appeared to be good. Game opens as it should and all videos play. Tried to start the first mission and have no control of anything. I can select units, but they won't move. Cannot scroll around map. Can't go any further. Both of the older Starcraft games work fine.Milt0 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 Texture bug? So I've been getting this weird bug only in LoV main story game (Happens randomly). The units i control texture disappear and are replaced with checkered color circles. They have no animation but i can control them as tho they are the normal unit. When this happens all in game voice acting stops working but sub titles still play (yes i play with sub titles!). I can play through the level as normal, but it turns into circle wars instead of SC2. Im Running SC2 on Macbook pro retina 13inch with 10.10.2 OS X Yosemite Processor 2.4 GHz intel Core i5 Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDr3 Graphic: Intel Iris 1536 I have about 30g free on my hard drive and am running SC 2 on Low settings Any help would be great as i can't do main story like this :(Oac2 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 [Bug]Lockups in all campaigns So I've noticed that occasionally the game will lockup when I'm trying to choose which units I want for the next mission. When it does, I literally can't close the game by any means, forcing a total reboot. This Macbook Pro is late 2014 and is definitely capable of running SC2 just fine (despite struggling slightly at some of the more effect-heavy maps), so I'm not sure why this is happening. It's not every time, but I've had this happen in every campaign. In WoL, it happens when selecting unit upgrades to preview. In HotS, it happens when selecting the mutation strains to preview them. In LotV, it happens when choosing what unit variant you'd like to use. I'm thinking it has something to do with loading the clips that are displayed to let you preview units, abilities, etc from your "base" (Hyperion, Leviathan, Spear of Adun) because that's the common ground between the lockouts in all campaigns. EDIT: Just to be clear, I have tried the CMD+ALT+SHIFT+ESC (I think; I'm talking about the "force kill current program" shortcut). Even that doesn't kill the game.Hero3 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 Game crash while in Army Customization screen This has happened to me probably 4 or 5 times now, where while looking through which units I want to use for some particular LotV mission, the game just freezes. I'm playing on a MacBook Pro (Early 2013 15" Retina) and am using the most recent version of OS X. I told it to send the info to Blizz after the first time it crashed, but haven't been prompted to since then.AJax1 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 Wrong resolution options for external display I have a rMBP and a 24" Dell display that supports a resolution of 1920x1200. If i set my laptop display as primary, the correct resolutions are presented. If I mirror my displays with my laptop display as primary, the correct resolutions are presented. If I set my primary display to my external, I am always offered 16x9 resolution options that top out at 1920x1080. I'd prefer not to have to run in mirrored mode to be able to get the correct resolution choices for the external Dell display. I have tried: defaults write com.blizzard.starcraft2 DesktopModelsDefault 1 I can see the dictionary item in the plist, but this doesn't seem to do anything useful for me. Anyone seen this before and have any pointers for how to work around this issue?Murgatroyd1 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 some game modes not loading whenever i try to play custom games or the new coop with my friends, the game boots me from the loading screen, and then gives me an error message: unable to load required assets. someone please help with this, as i paid for the new expansion, and want to play it to its fullest XDWebjamin0 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 How Long Will Lion Be Supported? I have an old Mac Pro 2006 running the absolute most recent operating system possible for its chipset (10.7.5, 2012). I continue to get this error message saying that Blizzard will no longer support this OS, and I'd love to know how long I have before they pull the plug and I need to buy a new one (or hack it). I REALLY WANT LOTV, but don't want to buy the game and have it stop working one week later. And I am a ways out from buying a new computer and don't really want to hack anything quite yet, as this machine is still a very powerful workstation for everything else that I do. Talk about a desktop lasting awhile! Too long, in fact. Long enough that it loses the support of much of its software as it ages, with zero hardware issues. Almost a bummer. Anyway, if anyone (Blizzard?) knows the answer to this, please let me know!!GreatGoomba7 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 19, 2015 Unable to login to SCII Hey, After the new patch I am unable to get past the initial login screen in StarCraft. It continually says this in a window: "Can't connect to Battle.net Battle.net may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down. Please check your connection and try again." My internet connection is perfectly fine, and I have never had a problem with my internet at all. This problem has been happening for about a week. This started after I let a friend log into their account using my computer and they had the starter edition, so I am unable to even play in offline mode. Please help! ThanksAlchemist2 Nov 19, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 Game Crashes Hi community, So I found a bug that when you try to change your units in the campagain mode, in the war council, every time I try to change my starfigthers, my game crashes completely, like I can't quit the game or switch between desktop and app. So my question right now, does this happens to anyone or it only happens to me??? If this bug affects everyone, how can we fix this??? I'm using a Mac Book Pro and I'm at the OS X El' Captain. And my copy of the game is digital.Maxdom3 Nov 18, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 Legacy of the Void - Campaign Initiation Bug Running Legacy of the Void on MacBookPro 15-inch mid-2015. Laptop runs WoL and HotS campaigns and multiplayer perfectly. Upon initiating a "New Campaign" in Legacy of the Void, the pre-campaign cinematic plays, and a campaign loading screen appears - normal stuff. However, the loading bar reaches about halfway and then the game goes back to the Legacy of the Void main menu. No campaigns are started, there are no saved games I can load into to access the campaign. I'm simply bugged out. Help? Just bought this game, and would like to continue what has been a generally very good SC2 experience.Leonidas0 Nov 18, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 Artanis Background Glitch He's not moving, and it's not showing the normal Artanis background where he jumps out at some zerg and slices them apart. It just a still blurry picture of this. http://puu.sh/l2o9y/93c8aab7fb.png Any fixes or ideas what I can do? I switched to the other 3 (Planets, Space Clouds, and Kerrigan) and they all function fine. It's just this one.Sorion3 Nov 18, 2015
Nov 17, 2015 Campaign Load From Last Checkpoint Bug [Mac] This is a very irritating bug and I notice it with every campaign on the mac all the way back to WoL. When I fail a mission or simply want to retry, I select restart mission or load from last checkpoint, the game minimizes or closes and a download window shows up (even though the data has already been downloaded) and relaunches the game. I think it takes extra time for the campaign to !@#$ down and then begin loading again because of this. Plus it sucks that the context changes only because you need to retry the mission. PLEASE look into this.mustardTiger1 Nov 17, 2015