Terran Discussion

Apr 7 f fIdocandoaddo3 Apr 7
Apr 7 getting back into sc2 I just started back playing ex diamond from wing of liberty. Looking for solid build orders vs each race having trouble finding some on the internet, I like to play a macro style game. Any tips are also welcome.SoBBeN5 Apr 7
Apr 6 some questions about LotV Terran What are current macro benchmarks as Terran? In HotS is was something like 10min 50-60SCVs depending on game and at 14min i think maxed out with 2/2 done if you play bio WM vs Zerg for expample. So what are the benchmarks in Lotv? Also what are benchmarks when you have to adapt to your opponent? I played a training game, where i was able to be maxed out at around 9:00 just focusing on macro, still got a bit supplycapped but i managed to do that. 2/2, as well as the 4th base was taken and saturated at 10:00. But that only applies in an ideal macro game with no harras or cuts or adapts at all. In normal games i am like 130 supply at 9:00 which is, compared to pros, a huge difference! Would rly like to hear some oppinions Also just if someone is interessted, that would be the replay: http://ggtracker.com/matches/6575610 Also how many SCVs should i get? Is it still 66 or 72 for the gases at the 4th base? I would also like to ask, what is the "ideal" base setup on 2, 3 and 4 Bases vs Protoss and Zerg, depending on their choosen tech? I think if i know that, that rly should help me out a lot. I wonder as well, when i should take my 3rd base in both MUs normally or in most cases.AleXusher3 Apr 6
Apr 5 Gameplay improvement stream with commentary! https://www.twitch.tv/visclaggSpidermind0 Apr 5
Apr 5 Free Master League Terran Coaching Cant guarantee much, it mainly depends on you, but if you play 6+ hours a week i can guarantee that i can get you at least to diamond. Main focus will be on; macroing/mechanics build/orders scouting information correct responses to scouting information Was also thinking i may post youtube videos but it depends on how lazy i get. Discord would be best for communicating, not comfortable giving out my skype anymore. Discord is download free, so its pretty easy to access. Anyway, leave a message if you are interested. Or message me online. Naattt #834 (Im masters with protoss and zerg as well, but my knowledge about the other 2 races is in general much weaker) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATE: FEBRUARY 26th 2016 Due to the sheer # of people i will be posting some basic videos, sometime soon. I find i am repeating myself alot when im coaching bronze-gold level players so i will make a few videos regarding how to improve quickly at this level of play. Im sorry i havent responded to any recent requests school has gotten busy lately, but i have reading week next week so i will be able to spend alot of time playing in the coming few days. I will post 3 videos for bronze - gold players, and i would really recommend you watch these videos before coming to me for coaching. If you're platinum + maybe take a look, but you should probably know this and can disregard. If you watch the videos and are still struggling feel free to ask me questions and possibly go over some content. I will post links for them when i upload them. The videos will contain; 1.Information on build order trainer/macroing/benchmarks 2. Build orders and getting the most out of your build orders 3. What to do next Learning to macro is all about repetition, so the more you practice the better you'll get. Ill try and release these videos for the weekend, and hopefully it helps some of you.Naattt16 Apr 5
Apr 4 (Livestream) Help me analyze replays/improve https://www.twitch.tv/visclaggSpidermind0 Apr 4
Apr 3 Tips for someone getting back in (replay) Hello all, I recently started playing again and I'm working on my macro etc.. I'm low silver. I just had a match against a gold terran, I uploaded the replay can anyone give me some advice/pointers? I know I had alot of unspent resources and I'm trying to balance that out, my micro left something to be desired also. Thanks link is http://www.ggtracker.com/matches/6571757dbsysadmin0 Apr 3
Apr 2 How To defend One Base Ravager This basically hits that i dont have factory yet i usually do reaper FE so what should i do ? this thing is been bugging me for a long time and its just too frustrating , repair bunker wouldnt do a thing to ravager basically even a wall is out of context this is so !@#$ing frustrating . I even scouted it for God sakes .Meliciouz8 Apr 2
Apr 2 how to beat lurkers when going bio? I know they are immobile units similar to swarm hosts so I've tried doing more drop-based style of play but just played a game where i successfully dropped and even killed his lair without losing too many units and he just marches across with roach hydralisk lurker army, plants lurkers at my 4th base and wins the game... even when i get rid of roaches and hydras and scan to kill lurkers; it is not cost-efficient enough and lose my whole army. Any thoughts?Texan10 Apr 2
Apr 1 2V2 VS Toss going all Voids I hate it when Toss mass Voids, with that extra ability that Voids have, they can clear up any make of army. What is the best counter against that?JZA3 Apr 1
Mar 31 Buff viking armored damage and hp in walker ? Hi there, what if vikings... well, you read the title. They count as air during transformation and I think this could male them good against tanks and immortals, or at all actually viable in walker mode. This hasnt had much thought put into by me, but what do you think ?BugFighter4 Mar 31
Mar 31 hey guys looking for practice partners plat or higher. any race. im playing terran. im really bad at it but just cuz im new to them. add me badakface#1861. if im on and not in a game ill 1v1 and soak up anything and everything lolAlexander0 Mar 31
Mar 30 Thors or cyclones in late game TvZ Typically in TvZ, the Terran goes bio tank in the match up. Therefore, the Terran usually has two tech labbed factories. Would it be wise to use those two factories to make thors or cyclones to deal with ultra/viper? One already has upgraded attack from the armory too. Or is it better to continue making siege tanks or is it better to forego any mech units for bio ghost liberator instead?Raver10 Mar 30
Mar 29 Need tips for improving vs vhard and elite AI Hi, I not good at multiplayer, but I would like to be a little better. Here is a recent replay against very hard AI zerg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d7kzycpcfvxzk8/Dusk%20Towers.SC2Replay?dl=0 And here is another vs Protoss (I forgot about DT's, if not of liberators, which I didn't know how to use them it would turn in a loss): https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsttp7fdwd05o88/Orbital%20Shipyard.SC2Replay?dl=0 There are a lot of moments I do nothing cuz waiting for minerals Sometimes (not in this replay), if my attack force (those 8 tanks + 20 marines) is destroyed I can't win. Also I don't want to abuse of AI issues.zkshd5 Mar 29
Mar 26 i need strats I am looking for nonprofessional and professional stratigies because I am still in bronze and want to be in at least silver please help me.Valowen8 Mar 26
Mar 26 Just Reinstalled, What do? I quit shortly after HOTS. I just bought LOTV and I've played the campaign. I did my placements and was placed into silver league. I have no idea what I'm doing anymore and was hoping someone would take the time to catch me up. Aside from builds and what the meta is, what ever happened to all the old shows and streamers that were relatively popular back in 2012/2013? I haven't gone back to Team Liquid yet, but a quick look at twitch shows that no one i remember streams sc2 anymore. Watching streams used to be were I got all my ideas and builds from. Any good recommendations for terran streams or just entertaining streams in general? The only name I remember that I did see was Vibe.SKTerran2 Mar 26
Mar 21 Military Ranks Who has a higher military rank, Morales (Medic from Heroes of the Storm) Sargeant Hammers or the Ghost Nova? Who has more authority and who can give the orders and who has to obey them And yes, I am fully aware that Morales "WAS" part of the UED, but the UED no longer exists in Koprulu and most if not all of the remnants of the UED now Is either dead or under employment (as Mercenaries) for the Terran Dominion. So therefore, they have to obey Dominion command. What about Sargeant Hammers? Can Nova order Sargeant Hammers?BlackLight6 Mar 21
Mar 21 Immortal SCVs? So I was playing a terran the other day and got some speedlings over to his natural and denied him expanding fairly early on. I did go on to win after containing him in base for a while, but he did something crazy that kept me from being able to get my slings into his base - he stuck an unknown number of SCVs at the top of his ramp, clearly on hold position. Behind them he had his few combat units. I realize that's not an optimal engagement for slings, but I literally couldn't see them doing ANY damage to the SCVs. If you have enough minerals and SCVs at the top of the ramp can they auto repair faster than the zerglings can damage them or at least faster than the game will display? Since his marines were firing on my guys just fine, I bugged out pretty quickly and just sat at the bottom of the ramp to keep him from moving out.Crystalis2 Mar 21
Mar 21 HTS are out of control. I have been playing the game seances releases, and just going to say what I need to say, HTS are completely out of control, to the point of making games unplayible, I use hammers 111 must of the time because nothing elas works because of Storm, I lost three battles in a game because I had to finally after watching my army for 5 minutes sight to prevent this from happing, attend to my base to avoid losing the game on Macro, with in 3 seconds Toss had killed my entire army with storm, this happen 3 times, Im sorry but storm is just flat out broken, if you do not kill 95% of his HTS before the battle you will lose end of discussion. No more BS no more garbage about blu blah do 20 perfects EMPs in 2 seconds wheel splitting your army, BEING ABLE TO KILL 100 SUPPLY OF UNITES IN UNDER TWO SECONDS IS NOT FAIR, END OF DISSECTION FIX IT.comanderalex7 Mar 21
Mar 21 my today's rant So, I'm a gold player, not that good I know, but this game has become so frustrating for me lately, everyone seems to all in all the time, all in !@#$ing adepts, %^-*ing roaches and its damn evolution that I don't remember it's name right now and even other terrans doing proxy. Seems that the more I play the worse I become or could be the league where I play? Wish we had invisible detectors and powerful invisible units, seems very easy for other races. F¨**K! Thanks for listeningrageMarine3 Mar 21
Mar 19 delete battlecruiser, raven, thor plz plz delete them. nobody use these units. who use them? only liberator or banshee in starport, and only tank or mine in factory nerfing liberator is acceptable. for example, why terran no have counter units of Carrier + Tempest ? marine? viking? lol high templars and archons slay them. sOs vs Journey in Proleague, terran(lots of viking, liberator, ghost, marine) lost almost force. but protoss(carrier, tempest, high templar, archon) lost little. is it game? why terran always finish the game 20min inside? battlecruiser have too many counter units. void ray, high templar(feedback), tempest viper. etc.. I accept all. but feedback is so powerful to terran. banshee, raven and battlecruiser are broken by only high templar. thor need huge remake like swarm host. liberator and other units can replace thor's position. there is no reason to use thor. what is thor's concept? tanker? DPS? raven's energy demands are too high. viper can recover his energy. and its skills are powerful. however, raven can't restore his energy. but I accept this. because its skills very useful. also, raven's skills are too short. 20sec, 10sec. and have risk to use skill. thx for reading. though I can't english well. plz nerf terran's opening part. and improve after 20min.SkySpirit4 Mar 19
Mar 19 Ultralisks and Roach/Ravager Hello Terran brothers, I'm here again to ask your help about TvZ. It used to my best and favourite MU but, right now, I feel lost. I always open with 3CC 1-1-1 build and push out to clear the creep a 6.30 with stimpack and 2 medivacs. I usually make 4 hellions and 1 banshee to make pressure but when I reach zerg's 3rd base I find a couple of roaches that hold everything and I have to back up. Then I push out to clear the creep a 6.30 with stimpack and 2 medivacs. The main problems comes here substancially, because I find at least 10 roaches and 4 ravagers (sometimes even infestors!!) waiting for that and clear the creep or do damages become impossible. Even pushing a fourth base it's so hard for me and I find lost for this reason. Another huge problem with this composition is that I don't like siege tanks at all. My playstyle is base on huge multitasking and multidrop so, a siege unit, slow me into the oblivion. I tried them but against ultras are garbage. Since I can't get damages done or at least slow the zerg, ultras pops at 9.30/10 minutes and I have no answer for that. All my bio becomes useless and I have a few liberars to none. Maybe I can post a couple of my replays if needed. So, how do you deal against r/R fast infestors into ultras and ultras in general?Airmax2 Mar 19
Mar 18 Terran is broken Terran is almost impossible to play against other races currently if you are just a casual player. And casual players should form a significant part of the online community no? Right now, it's like as if the game is built and balanced for pro gamers only, at least for terrans. Right now, terran has to go for bio units ALL THE EFFIN TIME. And every race has a hard counter for it. Protoss storms are insane against bio units. Zerg's infestor has fungal growth, not to mention banelings that simply just roll over your marines. The problem is, the ONLY way for terran to play against that is INSANE micro skills. Splitting marines while at the same time using medivacs to drop and pickup units to run away guerrilla style. Against protoss, you even have to micro ghosts to emp the Templars before the storm hits/your ghosts gets sniped. As for the other races, not much micro is needed to fight against terran. For zerg just roll in bloody banelines and while the guy is busy splitting his marines u march your infestors forward and fungal growth the !@#$ out of them. For protoss, just press "A" and click on the ground while you hotkey your Templars in one key and just keep spamming storm. I miss brood war.. that was the time when StarCraft was perfect. Each race was more unique yet playable and more balanced. Zerg units were weak but they had huge numbers. Protoss units were strong individually but more expensive. Terran units are balanced between the two. They were all unique in that they had a standard theme behind them yet all playable and balanced for both progamers and casual player. StarCraft 2 on the other hand is not like that at all. Each race has also lost its uniqueness/standard theme.JinJo2 Mar 18
Mar 17 TERRAN SO OP! Hey everyone, I just wanted to mention that Terran is currently extremly overpowered and needs urgently a nerf for nearly every unit. Lets start with the scv. For the same cost as a drone or a probe, it has more healthpoints, has the ability to repair and has also much better speaking skills than his colleagues of the other races... The marine is the only starter unit which can attack air and is also a ranged unit. The marine has an armor which saves him from every kind of Radiation, fire and acid. The zergling for example has not that Kind of protection which is highly unfair. The marauder who "gotta whole lotta love" is classified as armored and shoots two high damage shots at once killing Units like Stalkers and roaches in seconds. And as if that wasnt enough, he has the ability to slow enemy units down which gives him an enormously high advantage in the shutter step. With the marine he is also the only unit who gets drugs to sharpen their senses. The other Units, especially from the other races, dont get that benefit :(( He is also the most charming unit in the game with phrases like : ◾"Baby, if I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together..." ◾"Actually, that IS a grenade in my pants." ◾"What's your sign, baby? Mine's explosive!" Theres not much to say for the reaper^^ A unit who can jump up and down cliffs, heal itsself, throw bombs, combined the a high mobility cant be called fine... The Ghost, the scare of all protoss Players, hasnt only the the ability to snipe, cloak and emp, no he can also call down a nuclear rocket whereever he wants. Apart from the fact that this is damaging the Environment, it has also Impacts on the athmosphere which keeps us the bad sunbeams away. He is also very selfish because he wants always a solo operaton and thinks the female ghosts have better equpment^^ The hellion, who has a light fetish for seeing things get burned, is extremly fast and mobile. Whenever he doesnt kill the whole eco-line, he can transform into an well armored Scorcher who burns everything with a Preference for workers The siege tank is obviously one of the most OP Units in the terran Arsenal. High damage, combined with an enourmous range makes him the core of every terran army. The only bad aspect was his inmobility while sieged, is now also solved with the meditank^^ The widow mine is probably the only mine who can Trigger more than once. The high damage and Aoe gives the Opponent a lot of stressful and annoying time. The fact that they are nearly always worth the produce because of the low cost. In the end I want to refer that I dont understand why Terrans have barely to micro while for example protoss is that micro intensive? :(( PS: Why cant Zerg buildings fly around?ThOrganizer11 Mar 17
Mar 17 Are they blind? WCS CIRCUIT AND WCS KOREA WCS Circuit has only 1 TERRAN in the top 20 and WCS Korea only has 4 TERRAN, just 1 in the top 8... WHY WONT THEY FIX THIS BROKEN GAME?makealive6 Mar 17
Mar 16 NEED HELP ty http://ggtracker.com/matches/6534938 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6534932 forgive my macro ty how supposedly am i going to counter early ravagers effeciently at this game. And basically what do i do after i survive.Meliciouz2 Mar 16
Mar 13 Ideal mid game TvP composition Would it be better to go Bio liberator, Bio mine or Bio mine liberator in mid game TvP? I know that in late game TvP, it's typically better to go Bio ghost viking to deal with HT/Tempest. I'm just curious about the ideal mid game TvP composition or is it merely situational and depends on the composition you are playing against as opposed to having one versatile composition that can deal with everything?Raver2 Mar 13
Mar 13 help with bling hi im in hots whats a good way to stop early banelings as a terran tycoldsteel1 Mar 13
Mar 13 A way to kill the stinking protoss. Hi, Im a noob, so I fight against noobs, but people keep complaining that protoss is o.p. and that terran is too weak and this has been working for me when I want to kill a protoss. I make ghosts. For real, try it, theyre a pretty rarely used unit but they can really mess a toss up. This was short and not put well, but I just want to help my fellow terrans. MAKE GHOSTS !BugFighter6 Mar 13
Mar 12 Why are Medivac's still flying pass the army? There should be a "follow or hover" command or something. I mean I know how to efficiently move the army + the medivacs, but that options doesn't allow me to send an army to a destination while I focus on something else.Sluggernaut2 Mar 12
Mar 11 Every Terran brother (at pro level) losing.. ..from disruptor drops! I just saw Neeb (what a patch toss unbelievable what David Kim is able to do) beating Polt 3-2. 3 games in a row were disruptor drop, which has simply no counter! You cannot even punish them because 3 robo units are out on the map. Pylon are there to punish you with a bunch of adepts and an immortal. If we are able to get into the lategame, ghosts liberators get SHREKT from tempests colossi. What are we supposed to do? Unbelievable.Airmax7 Mar 11
Mar 9 How to drop units while medivac is moving and Anyone knows? And how do you auto repair stuff like when ur Thor get damage the scv auto repairs it without clicking on itMrjellop10 Mar 9
Mar 9 R.I.P Mech..as if it wasn't bad enough. Dayvie throwing salt in the wound with this last "community feedback."GGeoh0 Mar 9
Mar 7 Why all pro didnt use Mech in TvT anymore? because of map ? or liberator switch ? i think TvT in hots is a lot funnier than lotv : (StriKE4 Mar 7
Mar 7 Why the Terrans so weak? Cuz seriously, this is not even an isolated incident, but just now, I deploy 4 siege tanks, I place 6 SCVs in repair beside by guys, I roll in with 9 Banshees, and have like 4 Goliaths as well. The AI Protoss roll in with like 3 stalkers and 2 Immortals. They commence to 1 shot my first siege tank, 1 shot my 2nd siege tank, 1 shot my third siege tank before my entire force can bring down the 1 stalker and 1 immortal. By the time its all said and done im down 4 siege tanks to the loss of like 3 Protoss guys. I bring vastly superior firepower, yet it doesnt amount to a hill of Zerg !@#$. Like wtf!? Why are the Terrans !@#$ so weak? Even the Thor is actually a !##@%%@!% unless it has like 14 SCVs trailing it at all times. The Terrans are so odd. You need 30:1 odds to do anything, yet when you 30:1 odds stuff you just cluster %^-* yourself and everyone gets in the way.... I try small units of 4-5 guys and a few SCVs, but that just gets murdered by just about anything beyond a baby zergling.KnightCole7 Mar 7
Mar 5 Vulture! Since we are on the subject of terrans, I was wondering if anyone can help me get the vulture mount in heroes of the storm! Just click the link below. If you hadn't tried heroes of the storm, its a really fun MOBA game by blizzard. https://battle.net/recruit/6LZJNXPV76 Thank you! JimJim1 Mar 5
Mar 5 Need help learning how to terran I am in bronze playing terran and losing every single game. Please teach me how to terran! Thanks.Mentalfruit2 Mar 5
Mar 5 Pleading for Blizzard to fix the game. This is a plea for Blizzard to do something about Terran. The game is no longer fun. TvT even sucks. I spend years learning how to play Terran and you've literally made it impossible to play... casually. Yes. If I had professional level control anything is possible, but in Gold, Plat, Diamond, etc. being a god at SC2 just isn't feasible. This is the only game I like to play in my very scarce free time, but it's impossible. I've been playing this for a while now, but Protoss has an easy button for everything Terran can do. The only games I win against Toss is some early cheese play, which Protoss can EASILY defend, but most of them don't have good scouting mechanics and are so used to easily scooting to a win with one of their MANY options that they don't react quickly enough. And it's not just Protoss. Zerg is a better matchup, but we still have to win before tier 3 units come out, otherwise.... GAME OVER. You've given Terran exactly ZERO tier 3 units to play with. None have any use whatsoever. All we can do is play bio every game. Do you not have any mid to low level players there to know just how hard it is to emp high templars BEFORE storms hit? It's impossible. I'm not saying I don't win some games, but it's so obvious I'm struggling to beat players that have learned other races but play at a much lower skill level than me. They just have all the options. Hell, it's even hard to beat pylons these days. Why even give Toss cannons anymore if they have pylons that attack land and air, oh, and they have to make them anyway, so why not. Literally a defense structure that costs zero. They have the best scouting units. The only permanently cloaked units in the game. And the best detecting units in the game as well. EVERY advantage possible. Does anyone actually PLAY Terran at Blizzard that isn't a PRO? Do SOMETHING about this. Fix tier 3 for sure... even at the cost of bio. Just do SOMETHING interesting. I can switch to toss, and I actually WIN games knowing nothing about build orders in Gold/Plat league since that is where I'm at in Terran... I can play Protoss in the same league where I play Terran? That says a lot if you knew how bad my Protoss is. The issue is I don't have the time it takes to learn all the reactions and builds to make it fun. Figure out how to detect and defend all the cheeses. It takes too much time. Just balance the game. Please.Wyered3 Mar 5
Mar 4 Terran Too many useless and overlapping units As the title suggests does anyone else feel like some of our units overlap or are simply useless? Thor-too expensive for what they can accomplish and they overlap with cyclone which can probably be a better jack of all trades unit. Battlecruiser-too short range for their extreme cost. Liberator and Viking/Siege tank- All strong units, but the liberator overlaps with both. Raven-call me crazy but with the amount of orbital commands terran can have is a mobile detector needed? and the seeker missile seems like a waste of time, also can it get an attack? its the most expensive detector.Jack4 Mar 4
Mar 4 when do i make battlecruisers i like to make battlecruisers because they are big and scary and make me feel rich for having them, but they are slow, expensive, weak, not very damaging, etc when would i make battlecruisers over any other unit like marines or liberatorstempchar19 Mar 4
Mar 2 Map Vetoes Just coming back to the game after a bit of absence, and was wondering what are some good map vetoes for Terran? I fully understand that if I have to ask this, it means that I don't play on a level where that's relevant more than just improving my play is, but it'd be nifty to know. Bonus points if you teach me why the maps are unfavorable for T.Flowen0 Mar 2
Mar 1 i got a counter for seige tanks TvT in tvt i see the other guy always go with tanks, probably some mmm.. so i get banshees instead of tanks. i can still go mmm but i take a banshee along and all the tanks die seems to work pretty well i love messing with viking/banshee....... i dont see this much but i feel like light terran air is super powered. try out some viking/bansheecoldsteel2 Mar 1
Mar 1 How do you guys mirco reaper? hello, i am in silver with low APM 120~150. i usually open with 2 marine to defense but i switch to 2 reaper harass recently. i struggle with keeping 2 reaper useful AND developing my base. as you already know, microing reaper require alot of attention. i don't know how high rank player maintaining harassment, and also in their base SCV never stop building. how do you guys micro reaper? is there any trick/timing or they just have higher APM than me?hucancode5 Mar 1
Feb 27 Blizzard is never going to fix Cyclones? This unit is perhaps the worst in SC2 history. Right now it serves nothing other than a mobile Turret to fend of Warp Prisms but even then it does a bad job at it. Even worse is that you have to micro your heart out since this unit has a tendency to move TOWARD the enemy despite having range 7 for it's lock on. That means that your Cyclone will always 90% of the time take damage or get killed if you don't micro well. It's other flaw is that it has a low HP and long CD for it's lock on ability, which if the enemy walks out of it's range the CD kicks in making them utter useless. Worst is the high cost, doesn't even make sense why they cost 150m and 150g when they perform so badly. But I guess this is what Blizzard wants right? They haven't done anything to fix this unit :(DrRobotnik5 Feb 27
Feb 24 casual clan recruitment :D if anyone is interested in joing a casual friendly clan hit me up on battlenet:://starcraft/profile/1/10951990146068643840 :D we just reached over 100 members and are starting new clan to add more :D we will welcome your arrival. we will help anyone get better that wants our help. our chat is dolby axon so apon your arrival we will ask you to download it and get you in the group, then you'll be set :D ill be on late tonight for anyone who wants to hit me up :Dobamasmom1 Feb 24
Feb 24 TvZ Lategame Thoughts Hi together, I wanted to hear your opinion about the TvZ lategame and some thoughts i have. Overall I think TvZ is in a good shape right now and at least near to balanced. On the other hand there is a big discussion wether ultralisks (and the upgrade) are to strong or not. I think it is ok to give a t3 unit like ultralisk some sort of special ability, so you have a reason to build them (think of thor's which may be usefull against air or swarmhosts which have no use at all, because of their costs). The Blizzard logic is, that a t3 unit has to be strong enought to not get (blind)countered by a t1 unit such as our bio comp, what is valid. So as a terran player you have to get some ghosts or maybe set up some sort of maze (PF and ebays) with liberators and hope that he is stupid enough to attack into it. While i don't know if liberators are t3, the ghost surely is. So i think the viable counter against ultralisks are ghost, because you can attack with them and libs are countered by mass corruptor. So ZvT lategame goto is the Ghosts + MMM + anything you want. With this in mind I got some issues about the logic of argumentation. Because: While the Ultralisk + the mass of lings/blings counters about every Unit i got so far (mines are just splashed by the ultra, tanks are to weak to do significant damage, thors get countered by lings and my libs get countered by air, as any other airunit), my Ghosts are easily counter by the lings. So in this case its ok to let a t1 unit overrun a t3 unit. I know, that the Lings can get the attackspeed upgrade so you can count them as semi t2/3 unit?! and its my own fault if i let the lings eat my ghosts. But then there comes in the second point in the above text: the special ability that makes you build any unit. At all...I build ghosts, not because of their ability, but because i know it's the only real counter to Ultralisks i have. If I could, i would use any other unit, because as a Platin League player i have some issues with the ghost ability infight multitasking. Back to snipe...in some way i for sure build ghosts because of snipe, but if i had a choice i wouldn't because the ability is blindcountered by his composition. Think about a scenario, where you have to defend your base and he attacks you. At some point you have nowhere to run with your ghosts, but you have energy and some ultralisks, that want to be killed. Now your Ghosts begin their steady targeting und your oponent see's it. He will attack the ghost, and you will lose it without doing the snipe because of the damage cancel. I don't think its fair, because you have to use the ghost as counter and steady targeting is to weak. So i would propose to either rethink the ability or to make ghosts stronger against lings. Another improvement for the ghost could be more health, but i think the ghost and its lore is not supposed to be very strong in means of healt. And again for clearification: I don't think TvZ is imbalanced or broken. TL;DR: Ultralisk counter Bio (t3>t1) Ghost's counter Ultralisks (t3><t3) but ghost's also get countered by Lings and Blings (t1>t3) Why? About Typos ask my Keyboard...it's not very good in english. =DCooky2 Feb 24
Feb 22 TvZ shows how much blizzard cares Zerg has every single advantage, why do hellions get stopped so easily? Why does any harass get defended by queens? It doesn't make any sense that zerg is a race that works so that it's EXPECTED that they have more army supply and economy than their opponent at every stage of the game,why is creep a map hack, why do zerg players have all the map control in this matchup? Zerg was always the most easy and OP race but in LotV it's just insane how easy they are to play against terran, if blizzard actually cared they would try to fix this matchup because it's glaringly obvious that it's broken and almost completely zerg favored Roach ravager rushes are nearly impossible to stop and banelings DESTROY bio so easily even when you split your marines hellbats and marauders But the main reason zerg is OP is because of how they work, spawn larva allows the zerg to make 5 workers at the time while terran can only make one SCV from one CC so it's not a suprize that zerg is EXECPTED in every TvZ to have more army supply and a better economy unless the terran does very good damage or the terran player is 10 times better, and this is also because the hatchery costs 300 minerals instead of 400 minerals which is what it should cost And even if you get through their instawin mutalisk, OP banelings and their map hack (creep) you still have to deal with the ultralisk The matchup is broken, and terran is far more difficult to play than zerg because we have to micro hellions and reapers while microing at our base while zerg players just a-move their lings and queens towards reapers and hellions to defend against themEZergFU16 Feb 22
Feb 22 Reaper Meta... defensive counter? I like the reaper, but the new version puzzles me in its role in the TVT meta. Seems to me that the only thing that beats an early all-in reaper rush is more reapers. They get very very fast. It's also very difficult to scout. Am I missing something?Ironhide4 Feb 22
Feb 21 Gold Random player seeking advice Hello Recently I became fed up with playing Protoss whole time, so I switched to Random . And lo and behold, majority of my Random games were with Terran - my weakest race. And after around 20 games with them where I was getting more into the race itself, using mostly mech-based compositions, I've started to feel that I'm not doing well (despite winning), but I'm not sure how to fix my bad play. Hence I came here. My biggest problem is TvZ; I'm utterly lost at what to do there, especially when it comes to Ling Bane. I probably should also mention that I'm mostly avoiding the usage of Bio as I can't micro it well enough on top of everything else. That's also the reason I don't do drops as well, knowing that I should - it's too taxing on me right now when I'm trying to macro up and stay alive. Well, here are some replays: Game 1 (TvP): http://ggtracker.com/matches/6481243 Game 2 (TvT): http://ggtracker.com/matches/6481248 Game 3 (TvT): http://ggtracker.com/matches/6481261 Game 4 (TvZ): http://ggtracker.com/matches/6481260 Now, I know, my macro is horrible and I tend to bank an insane amount of resources, especially minerals. I need some advices on how to reduce that; should I add more expansions as fast as possible or add more Barracks'? Any advice you can offer me (aside from "build more workers", that's always on my mind :P), I'd be thankful for. I'd really like to learn to play Terran on the decent level (Platinum), so that I can enjoy all 9 matchups, and not only 3. Thanks in advance.Aurioch2 Feb 21
Feb 21 Cloacked banshee? my friend plays terran and i always watch and try to help him out, we both suck though bronze leagues but he always gets wrecked by cloacked banshees. whenever he tries to use scans to get them the opponent just moves his banshees out of the way before they die. missle turrets dont seem very effective unless you have them everywhere. some people were telling us to counter them with ravens but that seems like a bad option. it seems like terran lacks a bad way to see mobile detected units but were just scrubs. whats the most efficient way to deal with this, and one big problem we have is that we dont scout very much which is something we both need to work on to see when this is coming.Grassytiger7 Feb 21