Protoss Discussion

Aug 21 Why do zealots still say, "My life for Aiur!" The protoss zealots always say My life for Aiur! when they're warped but isn't Aiur destroyed/infested by the zerg? If so please explain if you can. Thanks!MysteryEC33 Aug 21
Aug 19 Stargate Build Order I've been struggling in PvZ for a while now, but I haven't ever tried to use a stargate opener. Can someone give me a more specific build order for the stargate and maybe options of what to transition into afterwards?Imrahil2 Aug 19
Aug 17 What if there was no drops from any race? I as a protoss stuggle with drops like 8 marines stimmed can kill a nexus so fast even if you warp in they can kill it and I know you can just put cannons up but that's 150 minerals! its kinda annoying almost as much as zvz. what do you guys think? (sorry for my bad grammer) gg's everybodySoap24 Aug 17
Aug 16 Protoss Overpowered? Lol the title shouldnt be a question... i honestly have no idea how blizzard can look at protoss in PvT and PvZ and think ..."yeah this is balanced out just right :)" LOL no... too much aoe, mech is countered by 2 units.. void ray (or pheonix) and mass immortals.. bio is countered by storms colossus archon and they even have a great meat shield.. zealots which tbh shouldnt have as much dmg as they do.. 1 zealot can kill 4 marines without micro.. thats 100 minerals vs 200 lol just incase if toss units were'nt op enough but they get to teleport either with stalkers up into your main or natural OR snipe a huge bunch of buildings then teleport home across the map with the mothership core.. now with the mothership core early pressure is pretty much no exsistant now due to photon overcharge.. so now protoss is powereful early game mid game and late game :) i remember back in WoL zerg was best early game terran was best mid game and toss was best late game now toss own pretty much 24/7 of the game.. storms are ridiculous.. everyone tells me to storm dodge but im not exacly a professional SC2 player yet so thats nearly impossible. Incase that wasnt enough toss get the fastest unit in the game which is pheonix.. run in pick of 4 or 5 workers and leave because a turret kills one.. Oracles... LOL oracles are just a comedy skit that blizzard took to seriously and put in the game for GOD KNOWS WHY.. "nice 12 workers you have yeah their gone btw"... dps is waaaaay to high .. then theres dts which one hit workers and marines which are perminantly invisible .... wow and then theres observers.. a tiny and perminant invisible unit which because of its size is extremely hard to actually see but its okay because they can see everything you have.. Im pretty much done with this game if blizzard still thinks toss is absolutely fine then im quitting this game.. TvZ is absolutely fine its enjoyable exciting and even the crowds at tournements say that they enjoy them the most but when i get on ladder and im up vs a protoss, i pretty much accept the fact that iuve lost before the loading screen has completed.. EVEN PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS SAY TOSS IS TOO STRONG ATM but like i said if this doesnt change im uninstalling the game and not playing anymore. This one race ruins the game for me... Thanks for reading and for god sake sort out tossMarineMan66 Aug 16
Aug 13 Basic economic BO for Protoss I'm a random player, but my Protoss is clearly my worst. I've spent a lot of time exclusively as Zerg and Terran, but only played Protoss as random. Overall I'm ranked low platinum, but my Protoss is definitely low gold. I want to know what a solid early game build order is for an economic build (fast expand) - Since that's how I like to play. Until now I've basically just winged every game's build order with a fast expend.hellviper4 Aug 13
Aug 12 How to counter ultralisk I mean how in the world do you counter ultralisk when they A-move into your army with 12+ ultralisk. They totally destroy my immortals. (LOTV). Please help.Tennishot10 Aug 12
Aug 10 Scouting as Protoss - Need help I usually scout with a gateway probe When i arrive at the enemy base, what should i expect from openings i see?Giwl10 Aug 10
Aug 6 The power sword in reality Assuming the imagination is more accurate than our imaginable reality, (you will be blown, there is a fundamental you don't get, so you can't see it, but when you don't know, and you merely "see", you will see what there is.,, WHEN you know what you see, you will be blown, praise your understanding, etc., this being how we know the protoss.) The protoss are not using machines of our make and way. they are a being that lives constantly focused to high energy. They are running now harder than you've thought you could. If you can run with them, you will see them all. Their armor is gold. there are many elements of their armor, but to make it they shaped gold. their skill at shaping on gold as a material allows them many of their skills and abilities that we do not see, and some would say are imaginary. the power sword is a metal blade. it only exists at high energy. the smith is able to make the blade at high energy with their armor, and with balance and skill they are able to store, maintain, and produce their blade. Their shield is a product of them and their armor, as they the protoss ensured that they were this high energy being, and their armor stores and converts energy at their balance and skill, and they are able to inherently counter energy attacks as long as they maintain their high energy posture, balance, and skill.tsmspace6 Aug 6
Aug 3 I need pvz help I need help trying to outmacro zerg. I'm only in silver and keep trying to get more bases, but zerg always has more units. PLZ give advicepotato6 Aug 3
Aug 3 On DTs Are dark Templars even an option anymore??? like terran has a orbital command that scans an entire base(why is this????)people say you should only lose 1 dt per scan but its not that easy like terran has stim makes there units run like 9000 mph(because why not) like I mean standing 6 dts outside there base and sending 1 at there base each time is a possibility IF they don't wall off and make a turret. Zerg makes spors at 4 minutes for oracles so they can simply surround it with there drones tell the army gets there not to mention zerg gets overseers for changelings as fast as they can(at least I do).Soap10 Aug 3
Aug 3 PvZ matchup Please before you start saying I'm a troll read this: So just now I got paired against a zerg player, i scouted him and apparently he had made loads of roaches and ravagers, i said no prob. I made a few zealots and harassed his natural to make him think I had gone with gateway units, my plan was to use the element of surprise: let him enter my base and then hit him down with not 1, not 2, but 7 void rays 6 minutes into the game. So it worked, yippee, he was left with only a few roaches, I decided to finish the attack off so I destroyed what was left of his roach ravager army. I then moved onto his side of the map and ta da: hydralisks. Seriously, how can someone switch to hydras in 2 minutes, train a horde of them and take down 8 void rays just like that?!?. While all this was happening I had already researched psi storm in the templar archives because i knew it would come to this. I had a few high templars, warped in some more, got a few adepts (with resonating galives mind you) and scouted him again He was coming to my side of the map. I readied my troops, he arrived, i cast all my psi storms which did quite the damage. He was once again without troops, i warped in a few more adpets and ht, morphed the ones without energy into archons and set off. Once i arrived i found an army of roaches, hydras and ravagers. BTW this isn't grandmasters or anything, it's BLOODY silver league. Basically PvZ is still broken. Or is ot mu fault? I am willing to improve and if someone had any tips then PLEASE share them :) this isn't a rant but I was baffled to witness this.Sergio19 Aug 3
Aug 3 Problems with Protoss airforce I noticed something about protoss I extremely dislike. 1. The mothership doesn't move in straight lines, let me elaborate, lets say you have a bunch of carriers and 1 mothership, most of the time the enemy goes for the mother ship first, when I try to pull the mothership away from the battle it doesn't go backwards in a straight line, rather makes a circular movement first before going backwards in a straight line. The problem with this is that since the mothership makes a wide circular movement before going backward causes the mothership to be vulnerable to attack for at least a few seconds. If it were to go straight back then it could get away from the battle much faster. But because it makes a circular movement before going backwards it becomes much more vulnerable. It basically has to do with timing. The faster the mothership could get away the faster it can get out of harms way. Another thing I dislike is that the tempest has losts its plus damage against massive units. Blizzard should have reduced the attack damage to massive units not just completely take out plus damage against massive units. Now tempest are basically useless in this game. Its always better to make carriers. The only use for tempest now is for harassing your enemy as long as you can keep them from attacking your tempests. Is Blizzard just dumb or do they even realize what the changes in the game cause.monster8 Aug 3
Aug 2 How do I deal with a terran turtle?? Hiding behind liberators,tanks,turrets marines and mines I can't drop and they keep dropping or harassing with liberators.It finally gets to the point where the ball of bio is big enough to contest almost everything and with tanks and liberators the siedge line keeps pushing forward until they are right in front of my forth. Tips? tricks?RAVEN8 Aug 2
Aug 1 Proxy Hidding Spots If I proxy I usually place it at where their third exspansion would go. But where do you hide DT Shrines?noobtastic5 Aug 1
Jul 31 Stolen Gas What do you do if your opponent in PvP steals your gas? Go straight to 4 gate?noobtastic9 Jul 31
Jul 31 Oracle harass Oracles are probably one of the best spell casters Protoss has next to HTs. I've been running into a lot of PvP where they stasis ward my resource line instead of wiping it out. What's your opinion on this?noobtastic1 Jul 31
Jul 30 Colossi dead? Are colossi dead? I've haven't seen anyone in my ladder using colossi since HOTS. Is it due to the resource handicap or just a bad unit. Also, was colossi nerfed? I don't read the patch updates. O_Opotato7 Jul 30
Jul 27 Timing attacks I'm a counter offensive player. I basically just scout and counter whatever they are doing. Trying to be more aggressive do you have any timing attacks you use for the different matchups?noobtastic0 Jul 27
Jul 27 Why bother harassing? Turtle Toss it up In my experimentation I've been noticing something, specifically vs terran. Harass is risky and opens up timing windows for the terran to attack you...so why harass them? Why not sit at home, rush Tempest Adept Archon, add in some Colossus, Observsers and Stalkers with a Mothership and just defend as you grab base after base? On most maps, Tempest range is so high you can shut down any drop and kill at least 1 medivac in transit to the drop with scouter pylons and observers. And if you're really concerned, grab a few Oralces, which you should be doing anyhow and spam Stasis Wards in your bases where drops can happen so they're guaranteed to lose the forces that are used to harass. Just keep expanding, upgrading and when you max out, make sure you spend excess minerals on more bases and cannon walls. Float your gas. If by some miracle Terran does kill off your army (not likely) then just just insta remax on Archons and go kill them since what terran can remax on fast is weak to Archons. Works to a lesser extent vs zerg too, just don't harass. Rush to Tempest Mothership Adept Archon and defend your 3rd, 4th 5th and 6th as you take them, making sure you deny creep as it closes in on your position and split the map with cannon walls. If zerg try to attack elsewhere with a ground force, Stasis Wards and Recall will be enough to get your army into position. Just an observation I've been making vs daimonds and plats.DankTemplar6 Jul 27
Jul 27 Nerf the disruptor When you mass disruptors, it's too abusive. Let's compare the disruptor vs other units: High templar: Slow and vulnerable unit. Psionic storm requires mana, deals 80 damage Viper: Slow and vulnerable unit. Parasitic bomb requires mana, deals 60 damage Infestor: Slow and vulnerable unit. Fungal growth requires mana and deals 30 damage. How about our friend the Disruptor? It's ability requires no mana, the unit is invulnerable once you use it, the attack is rather fast and deals 145 damage, and is also hard to avoid especially when multiple units are used. I say nerf it.Swarm11 Jul 27
Jul 26 (PLAT-DAI)PvZ: Gateway-less Golden Armada http://ggtracker.com/matches/6742634 Carriers utterly maul zerg at the plat-daimond level. Opponent took half the map, lost multiple remaxes, tried hydras, drops, baneling busts, corrupters, vipers, infestors. Nothing worked. Why? Because carriers are op vs zerg. 90% win rate doing this nonsense in PvZ.DankTemplar2 Jul 26
Jul 26 Effective counters to terran? The following 2 terran builds destroy me: 1) Heavy bio with a ton of marines. I've tried disruptors, colossus, charge, etc. I just change beat stim'd marines. 2) Mass mech: tons of tanks with cyclones and hellbats. I tried HT and storm, but the tanks kill them too quickly. I tried immortals/stalkers, but again, the tanks kill them too quickly. Any advice?Lurker3 Jul 26
Jul 26 stasis ward auto cast I was watching a video where a protoss player was saying "make sure your stasis wards are not on auto cast", is this still in the game? Despite looking through the settings for 20 minutes and building stasis wards in game it doesn't seem like they have a manual cast option anymore...Strnobull3 Jul 26
Jul 25 Idea for Adepts and Immortals. So I was thinking that giving blink to a Zlot was pretty stupid. I actually kinda hate the current mechanic for the adept. And some people don't like the Immortal mechanic either. So here's my pitch, tell me what you think; -Give the adept a similar ability to Barrier except maybe they become ghosts (invincible and untargetable) for a couple of seconds when they lose all their plasma shield. -Give the Immortal something similar to Shadow Canon but obviously less powerful for multiplayer OR give them a personal/internal shield battery that regenerates their shield quickly even during combat or within a warp prism!CyborgHotDog8 Jul 25
Jul 25 Cyclone Rush And Nydus QueenLing Help A friend of mine showed me some replays and I can't figure out how to defend against these two types of rushes. Cyclone Rush: The Terran just rushes four cyclones out (with the upgrade) as fast as possible off one base. The Barracks is lifted off and sent across the map to provide vision. When it arrives, the Cyclones unleash hell. They lock on and kite backwards...picking units off until nothing is left. No Protoss units seem fast enough to catch up to the Cyclone except Adepts, and they are too weak to fight them. How can Protoss deal with this? Nydus Queen/Ling Rush: A two-base Zerg will mine just enough gas for a Lair, Nydus, and Zergling Speed, then just masses Queens and Zerglings. The Nydus pops up in the main base around 5:00, unleashing a massive flood of units early on. How can this be stopped? Any insight or advice is appreciated, thanks.Darkness6 Jul 25
Jul 21 Chronoboost In LotV: Is Autocast enough? Hi there everyone, If you couldn't tell I'm very new to the game, and keep coming across guides from the first two expansions saying that refreshing your chronoboost is a crucial part of the 'mental checklist.' However, it's on auto-cast in this latest expansion that I've joined in on, and I was curious if there's a moment in time where chronoboost is inactive before it auto-casts again and it would be more efficient for you to activate it manually and refresh the effect. So, is there a gap there between auto-casts where you should recast it manually? Is it necessary? And if so, how can I work on remembering to do this? Any help is much appreciated. All I know now is to switch chronoboost between buildings when the situation calls for it.VorInvictus2 Jul 21
Jul 20 No promotion? Hello guys I am a gold league player and im not getting a promotion. I am currently 19 wins to 8 losses(3 were me playing offrace) and I beat 5 out of 6 of the platinum players I played. I average 120+ apm if that means anything. If anyone platinum level wants to practice and after the game talk about why I lost that would be great.Soap11 Jul 20
Jul 19 Best and worst matchups Currently my best matchup is PvP, people at my level (plat2) open double adept and/or stargate into blink stalkers with some immortals and I usually go double robo into chargelot archon, while having just enough stalkers to defend. Immortals destroy stalkers, and I usually have a higher number of those. My second matchup is PvT. I either two base gladept +1 all-in, or if it goes longer, try the same composition as pvp, while also adding stargate to defend against drops and libs. My worst matchup is PvZ, if I see 3 hatch before pool I open oracle to harass, otherwise I go gladept with 2 immortals and a warp prism to pressure, into double robo PICA. I find that this matchup depends most on having the army in a good position, making sure you plug the wall early don't attack into banelings or lurkers, while also being aware of a zerg tech switch. I should probably get sentries and be more aware of my army position. Do you have any suggestions for any of the matchups? What are your best/worst matchups and why?BroodMother4 Jul 19
Jul 15 Good builds for all 3 matchups I want to get back into laddering and I want to know what strats are good in Lotv.fdas5 Jul 15
Jul 11 Looking for WoL PvZ advice If anyone can remember back what builds they used vs zerg I'd greatly appreciate it. ImbaBuilds doesn't have any pvz builds. I'm enjoying WoL but man, zerg is tough. I have no idea what to do.WayneZergzky1 Jul 11
Jul 11 Protoss Interceptor Details? On the page with the Carrier it gives stats on the ship but not the interceptors that do the damage does anyone know the Range (the interceptors will go from the carrier) and Damage of the Interceptors?Plasmoo5 Jul 11
Jul 11 a noob q Are hts or colossus better? or even disruptors vs terran/toss/zerg. Seems anyone with half a brain can micro and make disruptors useless.nick4 Jul 11
Jul 11 The Plural of Phoenix is Phoenices. Like the plural of matrix is matrices. I thought you should know. phoenices Latin Noun phoenīcēs nominative plural of phoenīx accusative plural of phoenīx vocative plural of phoenīxSinbad16 Jul 11
Jul 10 How do I use a Mother ship effectively in MP? Mine keeps exploding.Plasmoo3 Jul 10
Jul 10 Alternative Oracle Harassment in PvZ So recently I've been trying a new trick with Oracles in PvZ, mostly in response to the buff in the Queen's range. Instead of flying in with Pulsar Beam, I instead throw down a Stasis Ward and attempt to trap all of the workers and stop mining. It partly depends on the position of the Hatchery, but I've caught the Larvae and even the Queen in the ward a couple of times as well. This is only at high Platinum though, so I'm not sure how well it will work against a player who is more observant and faster to the Drone pull. Depending on the distance the Oracle had to travel, it can throw down a second Stasis Ward not long after the first one expires and trap them all again, and since this is a time when the Zerg player is sometimes still only on 2 bases, if not only just starting to mine from their third, it can have quite a large economic hit if successful. I'm not sure how efficient it is compared to the standard Pulsar Beam, but what are people's thoughts or experiences with this? (I've yet to try it against other races, mainly because I tend to only get Zerg opponents!)Kit1 Jul 10
Jul 8 SKYToss Just wondering is this comp viable in PvZ if done correctly? Since IMO the comp is pretty much only effective vs Mech and (I'm assuming) Super late game PvP.IMperfectiON19 Jul 8
Jul 8 Planetary is really... planetary I find it outrageously difficult to take down a planetary fortress, or to even engage one. the workers mining can repair it, it deals a massive amount of damage and the army is right there to back it too. Alot of the time there are multiple planetaries used as defense buildings. I understand how useful that is, wondering what you guys think is the best way to approach these. thanks forumSharkGun15 Jul 8
Jul 7 funny sc2 quotes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYgF9vAX5ZM I think the archon is my favorite so far "One plus one equals...ONE!"Buyo0 Jul 7
Jul 7 How Do You Warp in Units at the Same Time? I've seen some players warp in all their warpgate units at EXACTLY the same time and I was wondering how to do it. I know how to just hold the hotkey of the unit I want, or to hold shift, and spam click in the power field to rapidly deploy units, but I'm wondering on how people to seem to do it in one click. For instance let's say they have 10 warpgates, how do you warp in all 10 units at the exact same time?Vladel7 Jul 7
Jul 7 [video]How to defend the 13pool? I made a little video to show how to defend the 13pool rush. Im not a good video editor, so the video's quality is low. Anyway i wish this video would help you ;D www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3Ev6A1Xsc You can give me some advices to make a better video.Inkrusion4 Jul 7
Jul 6 What's a good counter to a BC teleport? I play Starcraft with my brother a lot as terran, and have been practicing using BCs as they used to be pretty good and have a ton of nice abilities. However, whenever I teleport into his supply lines (he plays toss) he gets all mad and has no way to counter without me killing half his probes. For the sake of him not rage quitting every time I play him does anyone have any ideas on how to counter a BC teleport into a toss's mineral line? Thanks.Achilles10 Jul 6
Jul 5 Does Protoss need Air-Air AoE? Back in Brood War each race had an AoE air unit to support the standard air units. Terran had Valkyries to help BCs and Wraiths, Protoss had Corsairs to help Carriers, and Zerg had Devourers to support Mutalisks. StarCraft 2 didn't have that for a long time which made it difficult for a smaller army to defeat a larger army with micro. LotV is adding these features now, giving Terran Liberators with a nice supporting AoE attack, and the Viper's Parasitic Bomb is a devastating counter to clumped air. Meanwhile Protoss is being left out in these affairs. Protoss' only option is to go down the Templar tech tree to take on large air armies with either Archons or Storms, both of which are restricted to the ground preventing them from tactical positioning. Although it's true that Phoenix are strong units and held up well before with these new units coming out they're gonna get torn to shreds. The Stargate already has a lot of units to choose from as well so adding another unit is a poor choice so it seems hopeless. What I wanted to ask everyone was what their opinion on the matter was. I would like it if an underused unit like the Mothership or Tempest could be tweaked to provide a counter to clumps of Vikings + Liberators or Mutalisks + Vipers. Any thoughts?Demolij12 Jul 5
Jul 5 Need help playing and learning Protoss race. I want to learn how to play the Protoss race better I actually want to get into the game and into rank and playing bots. I've seen a few videos but every attempt I fail it would be nice if I can get someone to help me be proficient with the protoss race.Frolaytia5 Jul 5
Jul 3 Protoss tutor for gold player? I'm getting tired of not knowing what I'm looking at when I see my opponent's base and not knowing how to react to simple builds. It seems that I get steamrolled every time I try to take a 3rd base, and I rarely have good unit compositions to deal with my opponent. I'm looking for someone who can teach me modern protoss, preferably someone who is diamond league/higher. I may be willing to pay depending on the price, although it would be great if someone could give me some lessons for free. I'm not looking for a team to practice with, but an instructor. Thanks to anyone who can help!angryrussian11 Jul 3
Jul 1 LF Protoss Master Coach Currently looking for a Master Protoss player for a upcoming project the project will consists of 3 brand new players to Starcraft that have not played the game before and will be training with our coaches to play in the weekly SCVrush tournaments and progress through ladder If anyone is interested and would like to talk to me about Coaching the Protoss part of this series please add me on battle netNemonix3 Jul 1
Jun 27 Is Feedbacking medivacs a good idea? Hi guys I was wondering if you just made a Templar archive and were researching storm but you made like 5 ht's to start pooling energy would it damage him and possible move him back if you used feedback on his medivac's? Sorry for bad grammerSoap5 Jun 27
Jun 26 A safe opener/walling off in Ulrena PvZ? Have Reddit Crosspost So, I have a Gold Protoss friend, I'm Gold Zerg. I think we can all agree that early Zerg rushes in Ulrena can be pretty hard to hold. He likes to open Gateway->Nexus->Cybercore but I don't think that is viable on this map. We tested this out, I did an early rush three times (usually about 16 pool, so not the earliest) and he never managed to hold his natural even though he knew it was coming. What are some alternate openings that are safer while still letting him develop his economy? What would an ideal wall-off look like in Ulrena (screenshots would be cool) and how many buildings do you need for it? Lastly, if anyone can point out specific things he could have done better it would be very helpful too: http://ggtracker.com/matches/6673738 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6673736 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6673737 I'm asking for him because he doesn't have a reddit account yet, and I dont know enough about Protoss to help. We know veto is an option... but I think learning to hold this would be beneficial for him. (And also for me! Would teach me what Protoss build orders I can just go ham on, and which I should be wary of)Pereza4 Jun 26
Jun 15 Never Give up! Hey everyone, I just started playing sc2 again since wol. The game has changed a lot, and I find it a little more enjoyable. (mostly referring to the faster starts) I just had my 4th game in ranked, and things looked pretty bleak. Midway into the game, my opponent pushes into my base, and wipes my army, destroys all my pylons, preventing me from building anything. I stayed focused (check the apm tag for some hilarity), and turned the game around. For those who gg early, never give up! http://www.ggtracker.com/matches/6457651 Edit: Just a heads up, this is a low level game.Loboling1 Jun 15
Jun 13 Build orders? Hi I'm a beginner to starcraft and i've been told that it is a good idea to learn a build order. I play protoss. What are good general or basic build orders?Axyom3 Jun 13
Jun 13 PvZ Replay advice I hate playing against random players I never know what I'm going to face strategy wise or race wise. I've been toying with this 8 gate WP Gladept all-in so thats what my basic game plan going in was. I saw the pool first and went to pylon block the natural. He didn't expand at all and I thought maybe he was elevator linging me and prepared. Here comes the Ravagers and the only thing that saved me was his lack of micro. What could I have done better seeing it was essentially an all-in on from him? http://ggtracker.com/matches/6687278noobtastic0 Jun 13