Zerg Discussion

May 7 The Mastermind Principle Thread Mastermind Alliance. The Mastermind principle consists of an alliance of two or more minds working in perfect harmony for the attainment of a common definite objective. I've always wanted to have an on going theory discussion on the Zerg forums to figure out how to most effectively play the game with the Zerg race, and I've decided it is time to do so. The quote above is from Napoleon Hill, who wrote famous books on success, such as Think and Grow Rich and Outwitting the Devil. The Mastermind Principle has always stuck out to me in his works as one of the most intriguing, and I really want to apply it to Starcraft and see how well it works. The way this will work, is someone will come in and present a problem, and the collective group of players in the thread will apply all their knowledge and experience to fixing the problem by putting all of our minds into the same frame. So, my fellow Zergs, present your problems.Roboroadkill6 May 7
May 5 HYDRA VS ADEPT If the Hydralisk has the +1 range and speed, and the Adept has the glaves so it attacks faster, what wins in a 1v1 with no micro???IlIlIlIlIlIl2 May 5
May 5 great allin vs Protoss stargate opener just open standard 3 hatch, take 5 gases go lair 100@lair-build Nydus worm mass hydra ling queen on 3 bases and do nydus in front of his 3rd this works very well vs Protoss stargate openers, especially vs pheonixes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-RWqNxCMsc&index=29&list=PLT0hfPWJS6_vUC4p0x3tBuC6lImI7hiOTTerran0 May 5
May 4 Desert strike HOTS, angry players/pros? Do you ever get matches where you're playing with or playing against angry hotheaded players who's every word he/she says involves unnecessary swearing? Like for one example I would say "gh hf" in the beginning of every game i would play, and always hope I get the same response, yet somehow there always have to be a player or two, or even three will replay "F**k you and your noob team newby" Sometimes I find pros (or even "super pros") to be the worst, some are so condescending enough that they get off insulting us and their rubbing their flashy win/game counts and experience stats in the faces newer and learning players way more than necessary. "Ok we get it, obviously our 1-2 games a day is nothing compared to your 4-5 games per day, not all of us has the luxury playing as much as you guys, some of us are lucky to even play one match at all, no need to insult us by saying we have no life...."Crafty4 May 4
May 3 Sometimes I Just Don't Understand... I am going to try to be as polite as possible. Cannons were given a buff, +10 vs bio, so that Toss didn't feel one dimensional and had more options to their game. Okay, cool. So why does zerg have to go through it? Basically zerg is now being limited to a one dimensional early mid game style like toss. Mutas is now officialy the way to go, because of nerfs to spore. If you don't go mutas yourself, you will soon realize in z vs z you are behind. Going spire is too cost efficien. The amount of static d the opponent not going mutas is putting up will make just the spire being put down worth it. considering bane-ling is it's compliment in z vs z, IF you go hydras you will get swarmed with banes, if you go lurkers, you will get swarmed by mutas; lurker tech so slow and expensive, can make so many mutas in time. So what does zerg have to do then, be contained to 2-3 bases ( lucky to be 4) until they can get to hive and get p bomb, only to get rolled by ultras or lurkers later on by your opponent because of his massive economy lead he built. If it is annoying and frustrating for other races, it is for us as well. Please think twice again about the spore nerf, or make hydras a little more tanky. YEAH, yeah, i know hydras more tanky, im sniffing glue.FOREVEERF2 May 3
May 1 Is ultralisk worker harassment viable? cause it would be hilarious to watchGiwl1 May 1
Apr 30 Ling/Bane control issue I haven't played ling/bane much but am starting to more recently. I don't know if I'm seeing this exactly right but I know I'm doing something wrong. I have a group of let's say 40 lings and 10 banes. I click the lings to attack a group of marines to surround/distract and want to pop them w/my banes. If I tell my banes to attack the group, they're basically blocked out by my lings surround and just sort of squirm around behind the lings. Eventually they make it in and go pop but I think that's just because the marines are killing a few lings. Do I need to box a few lings and have them run away before the banes get there? What am I doing wrong here?Lokei6 Apr 30
Apr 28 Creep heal again Pls change the zerg creep so that it fasters the regeneration speed of all zerg units on it. Buildings to. In SC1 zerg used to have passiv regen. In sc2 other races have much faster and effective healing. Protoss shields that regen almost instantly and terrans with their repair and medivacs. My hydralisk army is totally useless after one fight, with 10-30% hp. So im stuck on this useless army that i cant even replace, because they take 2 supplie. On creep they should atleast regen faster, like in starbow.mario8 Apr 28
Apr 28 Diamond Zerg Streamer looking to improve!!! SC2 Diamond Zerg streamer! I'm new to streaming and I've began a journey to stream for at least 3 hours a day for an entire year! Join me on my journey, I'd love to have you :D. http://www.twitch.tv/impravidoNate47 Apr 28
Apr 27 I'm totally lost in ZvP Hi! diamond Zerg here. I'd appreciate any help in ZvP because I don't know what army comp use as standard. I like to play macro games without do any cheeses or timings, I like to take one base more than my opponent and try to hold his pushes. I used to play roach/ravager/lurker vs Protoss when LotV was released with good results but now Protoss are used to deal with lurkers and they bring some obs with their army or make a push before you could have lurkers. Then I tried with mutas but they are only usefull if your opponent don't see your spiral. Ling/roach/ravager loose vs zealot/inmortal/stalker push or maybe I'm too greedy. Any ideas? ThanksDestruktor10 Apr 27
Apr 27 So We're getting nerf'd to !@#$.... TL;DR Hey guys, i try not making that many posts anymore because i understand the community is extremely divided and posts get shut down pretty quick anyway. After reading the latest update from blizzard i decided i would write one more post and think seriously about this game. I started playing couple of months before the end of last year as a complete noob, but i remember buying the game and just had so many old school memories come back as youngin when sc1 came out. I forget about the game until hots; had to buy wol, and lotv came months after, so i was like sweet. I remember coming home with hots and wol so excited to play the campaign cause that was really my vice and stress reliever. The concept of building units, gathering resources, and strategically fighting is what makes this game the best game ever. Im watching sc2 streams and i hear Rotti say "if you get this game and don't play multiplayer, your definitely missing out on the best part." I start playing multiplayer. I got laid of from construction, so i played every day at least 5-6 games a day for at least 4 months. Lotv comes out and i hit every day for another 2 months. I probably dedicated like 4 hours a day to this game and i didn't mind it. The balance wars start between the sc2 crowds on what is op what is not, and we all were chipping in our thoughts. At this time i started slowing down my playing here and their because i got a part time job down the street. As im working im googling sc2 forums, im reading what pros are saying, im listening to the debate, and i started to realize something. When i start working full time my proper job, or choose to go back to school im not going to invest this much time because i can't. I was like all this practice im doing, all this knowledge im trying to gather its going to be thrown out the window once i can't pay attention to the meta or know nerfs/ buffs. while i play some dude will call me a f**g, tell me my race is op, or im just trying to survive massive cheeses; from all races. fun. I actually try to play, try to get to longer games for enhancement, try to get better at my hotkeys and apm ( i don't spam and range between 160- 200). I put all this time in to learn this fun, stressful, addicting game. Did i say anything when they complained about our (zerg ) map prion terraces with the excessive gold bases? No ( even though catellena was atrocious for zerg; clearly favoring terran). Did i complain when they did the parasitic bomb nerf because they thought sky was too strong? No ( even though storm and 145 damage shots from the disruptor existed). I still thinking having a unit, disruptor, that by passes all the hard work you put into the game such as making a bigger army, getting better upgrades, getting a range of variety in your compostion, disrespects the essence of roots in sc strategy. Im playing in diamond league right now and besides recently i put in a lot of time into this game, majority with toss and zerg. Im telling your from and average zerg players perspective that fighting toss and terran is very hard for zerg. It may not look hard, because the majority of the lotv games, imo, is cheese fest for that average lower tier players. I face it myself, Proxy gates, proxy barracks, endless army of lings, or the ,current term, "full na", where they are constantly all ining you early game no matter what race. When i go to longer games i do win but i get smashed by people that are logical and know what they are doing. I honestly think we zerg are weak if we don't cheese, or put our opponent behind early game. Zerg always has to get to the boss units, ultras, brood lords, vipers, cracklings and hope to survive endless harass to feel like we secured a win. Then we have to hope thors, immortals, liberators, tempests, void rays aren't spam'd because if they have a certain mass then your armored units melt like butter and those units are so expensive. I watch the gsl and iems and i thought the top level management would see how even though zerg are out numbering their competitors; more in the west and not the south, we really don't win. The south says zerg is weak compared to toss, the west says opposite. The south gets banned from our competitions because they are too good, so whose rational would i believe. Last weak Davie agreed with zerg being weak compared to Toss, this week its a flip flop. All i know is im patient and ill play, but this is now too much. I can not see what clear direction the sc2 management team is taking this game or the races. NO RACE IS SAFE. Your strategy that made you how good you are, is up on the chopping block if there is enough rage spilled into it. Everything you worked for or learned can be thrown out the window. I don't want to invest the time to learn or connect with other race, like other people don't want to to mine. All i know is my race is being nerfed to !@#$ and were going to be few in numbers like how we once were. I done ty.FOREVEERF9 Apr 27
Apr 25 ZVP GSL vods Can anyone link me GSL ZVP matches where the Zerg was victorious? I'm going to be modeling my ZVP after Korean ZVP.Roboroadkill1 Apr 25
Apr 22 Terran Got Pwned Video Clip I just had a video clip of my ZvT. Terran's tier 1 units were tearing me apart until they messed up with my precious Zerg eggs. LOL. https://youtu.be/pqoZyWuGqaU Here's the whole replay: http://ggtracker.com/matches/6605362 It's just a lower league replay, a Gold rank Terran player vs Me, a casual Unrank Zerg player. I found the video clip so funny. How in the hell those units came from small eggs? LOL. I love my ZvT games.BigBadZerg1 Apr 22
Apr 18 ZvT liberator replay help Hello! I've had 3 losses in a row to Terran where they built liberators and completely rekt my army. I know I'm handling this wrong but I'm not sure when/how to transition. https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/2707822 At around 6m or so he starts harassing with a single liberator. I built hydras which I should have known was the wrong idea since once they're seiged they just wreck hydra and roaches. When I saw the lib should I have gone spire and build corruptors? When I pushed in I'm pretty sure I killed my own units with my ravagers but before I knew it everyone of my units were dead. I'm assuming I walked into a seiged lib but I'm not 100% sure. I would love any and all feedback on the replay. Thanks in advance.Lokei7 Apr 18
Apr 14 How do I scout this? (Replay) Hello! ZvZ - he goes 2 bases, doesn't really drone up the 2nd, takes a 2nd gas and a RW and masses ~12 roaches at the 4m mark. I was droning up my 2nd before my RW so by the time he pushed in I only had my initial lings. What should I have seen here to let me know what he was doing? I assume I miss something on the scouting. I never know if I should look in the main or not due to queens. Thanks in advance. The replay is short - about 5m. http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/2720332Lokei5 Apr 14
Apr 14 Ideas for balance and a newer metagame SSSSOOOO.....weird idea, I'm a bit drunk so let me know if I'm being crazy. All ideas after 1 are only relevant if the first idea is implemented. 1. Remove photon overcharge entirely, or at least, if you can't do that, then have to do have it do a quarter of its current damage applied equally in a small area, like every enemy in the area takes full damage, while slightly reducing the range of PO. 2. To make up for the above change, increase maximum of Mothership Cores to 2, 3 once you have a fleet beacon. 3. If the above ideas are implemented, give the Mothership core a speed boost of 0.25 so that, since you have multiple cores, at least one can be used for mild harassment while keeping the defense.....adequate, against early pressure. And 4. At the Fleet Beacon, you can get a very expensive upgrade (minimum 750 Min, 750 Gas, 150 Seconds to research) to allow you to get a second full mothership on the battlefield. I think that these changes may allow protoss the ability to attack and defend earlier on, and at the same time, Something that I'm not sure can be done with the highest non professional player now, but I suck a bit already, so I'm not totally sure........ Once again, I'm a bit drunk, feel free to let me know if it's me or the booze talking hereHammnet1 Apr 14
Apr 14 Mass immo/stalker (replay help) At around 7m I peek in (my scouting was terrible up until this point) and see a handful of immortals and stalkers outside of his main (this was on dusk towers, so the site of his 3rd basically). I had a ~30 1/1 roaches to his 6 immo / 10 stalkers (1/1 as well). I pushed up the ramp w/around 16 lings to distract and tried to attack up the ramp w/my roaches and was just murdered. I'm not sure if I just plain !@#$ed up the attack (several roaches are running around in the back like idiots) or if that was an unwinnable engagement? I backed off, build hydras and a few spines and he camped outside my base. I was attempting to tech up to lurkers but didn't have enough time. I tried pushing out and luring a few of his units in which worked a few times but ultimately I was destroyed. Once I saw him at the 7m mark - what should I have done? Could I have won the fight ~8m? Thanks in advance. https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/2739700Lokei3 Apr 14
Apr 14 Looking for help on improving [note - posted in general w/no response - hoping to get one here] Hello! A little about me: I'm a silver level zerg player atm - been in gold 3 times. Haven't played for about a year. I do ok in most games - not a lot of major blow-outs, but I do have a few difficult match-ups (early lings, lib/tanks, mass stalker/immo). I feel like I'm getting a little better all the time (better scouting, reacting, etc). I see 3 options for me to improve and would like some opinions on what the best approach is. Options: - Play a game - if it doesn't go well post the replay, ask for help. I tend to over-analyze things in general and I think this may be taking more time than it's worth. - Watch more streams / videos / tutorials / etc and try and figure out what i'm doing wrong in my match-ups vs. what I'm doing well, etc. - Just play as many games as I can, not caring about the results too much, and wait to analyze until I've played a 100 or so games this season. For those of you in higher leagues, how did you improve? How important is it to analyze each loss vs. just playing more games? Thanks in advance.Lokei4 Apr 14
Apr 13 what do u do when u see mass immortals? the toss a moved me with 12 immortals and some archons when i had like 12 lurkers + hydras + lings he had like 12 immortals, the fight wasnt even close cuz the immortals were in concave so the each lurker hit like 1 immortal... i tried to get to broods but i didnt have the time... it seems that u need like 300 supply to beat this army... i just find myself camp with some spines till i get to broods... lame design and meta just lame... its not legacy of the void its starcraft 2 - camp till you got the composition i think the problem is that in starcrtaft 2 there are too many units that counter other units too hard.. like the immortal. i think that if units were better against certain units they should be like 20% better and not like 200% better, if u dont have the right composition its just instant lose with no chance to come back think about it.talski4 Apr 13
Apr 9 ZvT Question How do you defend heavy Hellion/Banshee pressure into Hellbat/Thor/Liberator push? I tried mass queen and died. I tried Nydus, and died. I tried roach/ling into roach/ravager/queen and died. I have no clue how to beat this.LigerMaNN4 Apr 9
Apr 7 Mutas anymore viable in ZvZ? I been thinking about this dank composition: lurker, ling, muta, the CLASSIC from brood war eh? Maybe banelings at the start to hold off early all-ins, start off with 2-base muta harass. Transition into lurkers, keep other zerg on his side of the map since he needs to build up hydras before he can leave his base safely. Upgrade, and keep him busy with lings/mutas as I transition into ultra tech, perhaps even brood lords. yay or nay? It sounds ok on paper to me anyway -__- I don't think they nerfed spores yet tho lolzerganator11 Apr 7
Apr 7 How to deal with terran mech? They all whine so bad about how "UP" mech is... but I'm having a really hard time against it. Thankfully, I usually get to kill them before things get out of hand, but they have so many harass options, it's disgusting. My main issue is with mass thors+tank+hellbat+liberator. It's so... disgusting. Kills everything insanely quick. He didn't have all that many libs, so I was thinking brood lords, but I couldn't get any significant number of them out, because I always had to run around chasing stupid liberators all game long (+reaper opener). The range and damage on these things is insane. Why on earth does the thor have that much range?Spydalisk9 Apr 7
Apr 6 why roach ravager in ZvT? i think muta ling bane is still sooooo much better. i tried this composition yesterday and this is godawful lolTerran18 Apr 6
Apr 5 ZvT question This has happened a few times now - I push in against a T with an advantage of overall units and upgrades - destroy the 2nd/3rd and there is a small ramp to the main. They have a wall-off of some sort and 2-3 sieged up tanks with 2-3 lib's behind the wall. I'm at a loss what to do here. If I try and push up the ramp I get destroyed. Do I need to get to vipers / fungals? I get wiped out in about 10-15s. [edit] - so another thing I wonder if I was missing was ravagers to snipe out the tanks / lib's at range. No sure if that's the right idea. Just feel like I'm making lings/banelings/roaches at random and clueless what to do. Thanks - newly back to the game bronze here FYI.Lokei12 Apr 5
Apr 5 Help with Bio/mine/Liberator Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble with one particular play style. Terran Liberators are very strong, as we all know, but I generally have ways of beating them UNLESS its a composition heavy on mines/marines. Bio/lib/mine seems to be getting more popular and I can't seem to beat it. I typically go Ling/bane/corruptor against this until I can get ultras out but the amount of micro it takes to fight mines and liberators while still trying to fend off a large 2 base bio force just gets absurd. I'm just not sure how to beat an army that can zone lock me into my own base until I either mine out or take a bad fight, it gets worse if there are tanks as well. I have heard that roach/ravager is a way to do this but that just falls apart against bio, any suggestions? I keep getting stuck in these scenarios where I'm either trapped in my own base or stuck outside their base and the micro requirements to fight against this army (which is nothing but set up, then micro the bio) just seem to be extreme.Mattao4 Apr 5
Apr 5 returning player looking for mentor and teams I'm finally returning to the game as a zerg currently in bronze :/ looking for good coach/mentor to help me get better also looking for same person to be interested in doing 2's and/or archon please message in game for fastest responseNubplox4 Apr 5
Apr 4 Zerg Anti-Air Zerg Anti-Air. Why does it suck so much? Seriously, what is it about the options Zerg has that make them so terrible against air units? For example, Raven+Viking+BC is nearly impossible for a Zerg player to deal with. PDD stops all anti-air shots of Zerg units and fungals pretty much tickle BCs. Also, infested terrans aren't even close to being worthwhile to rely on as anti-air anymore, because they don't receive any upgrades, for some stupid reason. I understand the fungal nerf, but Zerg's AA took a major hit while Ravens received a major buff. Not a good simultaneous change, in my opinion. Especially because Zerg units never were that great against air units in the first place. Not to mention Void Ray Colossus is super difficult to deal with as well. Hydras don't even always beat Void Rays, anymore. Blizzard buffed spores against mutas because of how weak zerg's anti-air is. You can't go another unit composition without that buff, because AA is such a problem for zerg, that the normal little harass units would literally kill players that were going for different unit compositions. Maybe Blizzard should just give Zerg good anti-air units and quit doing things that are silly like buffing spores specifically to ruin a ZvZ strategy altogether.ATHEOTES28 Apr 4
Apr 4 MM Tank Drop And Libs On The Other Side It's getting old. I've seen Polt did this couple of times against Zerg. Against slow Roaches, it seems this is effective. That's why I prefer Lings, Bane and Mutas then later Ultras against Terran. I'm just a casual player on a lower league and it seems my LBM combo is effective. Here's my last ZvT game. LBM is not that bad. http://ggtracker.com/matches/6568772BigBadZerg3 Apr 4
Apr 4 ZvP - Immortal's vs RR I'm having a little trouble with ZvP when they mix 4-6 immortals into their army. If I'm going roach/ravager or roach/hydra what's the best way to counter them? Should I be adding ravagers to either build and using them to pick them off? tech up to vipers so I can pull them back? Also - last game I was able to push through the immortal's w/sheer force (it was still bad, but they all died). Then a handful of archons just wiped me out. What's a good counter to archons? Thanks in advance.Lokei3 Apr 4
Apr 3 Constructive Balance Suggestions To preface; I am a Gold league Zerg player. I've been playing for around 2 years, and this is my attempt at providing constructive balance suggestions. While I know each race has their issues, I will be providing my suggestions from a Zerg point of view. Zerg Issues: 1. Early game variety. 2. Early and late game air defense/viability. 3. Unit production efficiency per base. Solutions: 1. Allow Hydra Den to be built at same tier as Roach Warren. Keep the Hydra upgrades at Lair tech. Hydras are a good solution to early game air defense. Instead of guessing at how many Spores to build potentially putting you at a significant disadvantage you would get a solid unit(s) to take into mid game. It would allow for more creative strategy, and add variety to the early game. 2. I already touched on early game air defense. I believe that Vipers were too strong pre-PB nerf, but I believe the 30 damage nerf was too harsh. I believe Mutas, Corrupters, and Broodlords are in a good place, so my fairly lame suggestion would be to give some of the PB damage back. That way other air armies can't simply fight through and win despite it. It should force them to micro their air units, and at its current damage I don't believe it does that. 3. I believe that the unit production efficiency advantage that 2 base Protoss and Terran has over 2 base Zerg is important and should exist, but right now I believe that the advantage is too great. Simple solution would be to add an extra larvae at Lair, and then an additional larvae at Hive. Not only would this give players a reason to upgrade more than one base to Lair/Hive, it would allow for more styles of play early game, rather than forcing Zerg to expand early and often. Thank you for reading, feedback would be appreciated!Smoove3 Apr 3
Apr 2 ZvT replay question Hello! I'm currently bronze - only been as high as gold in the past. I had a ZvT tonight where I pushed 111 w/roaches into marines and I got destroyed. I don't know if I should have pulled back upon seeing marines or if I just screwed up the engagement somehow (moving incorrectly, etc). I would love any feedback you have about this first fight (~7:30), or any of the replay for that matter. I defended a push from him (~10:30 - lost my lair / hydra den / rw) and tried to push back, but was wiped by tanks / lib's. Again not sure if it was pure mismanagement or if he just had me based on units. http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/2656672 Thanks in advance.Lokei4 Apr 2
Apr 1 New Mission PACK! They should make a mission pack surrounding Zagara, Alexi, and Dehaka. The UED could come back from Earth (promised by Stukov) and they would try to eradicate or control the Zerg again using their psionic link against them, only to find that the broods don't have a single controlling hive mind anymore, they are controlled individually by their brood mother queens! This would help flesh out the story of Heart of the Swarm by explaining exactly how Kerrigan set the swarm up to never again be controlled for evil designs. PLUS we get closure on Stukov and Zagara.HapiThots0 Apr 1
Mar 31 upgrades for static D in late game hello guys, I'm a master Zerg player. I think that one of the problems in z game atm that spine are irrelevant in late game, so its like impossible for zerg to jump from 1 base to another in the late game, protoss have cannons and can warp in, terran got planetaries but Zergs spines are just meaningless, 1 drop for 3-3 marines or zealots can destroy 400 worth of minerals of spines easly so its so easy for toss to warp in in my mainbase and then attack from other some position, its impossible to defend as zerg. so, ive thought about an upgrade for the spine crawlers and spores that when u hit hive you can upgrade each spine u want for (example for 50 minerals and 50 gas) the spine to be stronger, maybe + 10 dmg +100 life or more armor.. so Zerg will have a decent static defend in late game.. thanks alottalski8 Mar 31
Mar 31 Injecting - hot key for individual hatch I've never tried this method but I'm wondering what people this of this method. Don't you run out of hot keys once you're on 5 bases? Right now I use the "backspace" method but I mapped the cycle key to an extra mouse button instead. I think this is the easiest method but it does cause rally issues for queens sometimes which I'm sure the individual hatch method wouldn't.Shahzad18 Mar 31
Mar 31 zvz 17 hatch vs 12/13 pool all in This is kind of embarrassing but what is the proper recourse in this situation? Should I do this or is there a better way to deal with this threat... 1.overlord scouts incoming wave of lings 2.cancel second hatchery and instantly make roach warren to counter banelings I can macro like a beast but keep getting stomped by this level 1 noob opening. Appreciate all the help!!! Hopefully the feedback provided helps someone else as well!!!Hexor10 Mar 31
Mar 27 zvt marine hellbat medivac timing hey guys whats the timing to scout for this and how do i stop it?Alexander4 Mar 27
Mar 24 Drop opener Is this viable above diamond ? Going speedlings then overlord speed, i fill 1 or 2 overlords, drop them in their main to split their army, then attack with more zerglings on their natural. I put a 3rd hatch then a roach warren to have a transition. It works pretty well against protoss and terrans.ojjlj3 Mar 24
Mar 24 LOTV Zerg Help Thread & Guides! Hey guys wanted to make a thread for all zergs to get some help. I am a masters level zerg and have done some coaching in the past. In this thread i will be posting some other guides and threads (if you have a guide please post in this thread or email at ascarecrow101@gmail.com ) If you have any questions about any thing you need help with please post here and i will try to answer or someone else will :). if you want to answer please do a detail response and no flaming or balance complaining. ]Remember most of these guides are guidelines on how to play so dont follow it to the letter open how they say but if your opponent does something different then react to it or try a different comp with some of the same units. This is lotv so it has not been figured out on how to play safe Here are some zerg guides: ZvP Speedling Drop Style 14ov17h18g18p 3rd hatch after 2 queens Ling Speed first 100 gas, pull 2 off gas @80% ling speed, evo chamber stop drone prod at 16 in main, 9 at nat, 1 in gas queen at 3rd when floating minerals injects, constant ling production lift lings into ov to toss main, rally new lings to attack at natural ZvZ 13-13 Ling/Bane 13g13p14ov 2/3 mining gas until ling speed ready 3/3 in gas, bane nest next 50 gas spend all gas into bane, mineral into ling break spine, kill drones/lings with banes ZvT Ravager Pressure Opener Drone scout with extractor trick worker 14ov18h18g19p20ov 2 queens, no lings 2:42 @ 32 supply, roach warren + 2nd gas @100% queens, 3rd queen, 2 overlords, fill 2nd gas 5 roaches, 1 overlord, 3 drones morph ravagers asap, drone behind 64 supply 3rd base Use ravagers to cripple Terran production at their front wall--5 ravagers are not intended to attack and end the game--just set the opponent off balance solar zvt: http://lowko.tv/starcraft-2/solars-zerg-vs-terran-build-order-legacy-void/ Destiny's zvt guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/allthingszerg/comments/3uw92y/destinys_730_roach_ravager_and_hydralisk_timing/ zvt aggressive attack for certain maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499397-zvt-3-ravager-pressure-opener-luppasc2 zvz- guide on how to play safe zvz: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499697-zerg-versus-zerg-overview zvt- strong style but requires a lot of practice: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499060-zerg-versus-terran-legacy-overview zvp- a strong safe build that allows you macro off it: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499709-pigs-zvp-ling-ravager-muta-into-ultra-infestor zvz- aggressive/all in style (14/14): http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/498682-a-basic-zerg-build-for-lotv Basic aggressive builds for each race and match up: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499803-have-some-builds 2016 BUILDS Tangsc allin/aggressive all in zvp builds http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/501310-all-in-aggression-a-guide-to-zvp Pigs 1-2gas zvt guide: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/500342-lotv-rule-of-1-gas-zvt-mlb-pigs-guide Tangsc zvt roach/ravager into muta: https://www.reddit.com/r/allthingszerg/comments/3yx61f/zvt_tutorial_roachravager_into_aggressive_muta/ Tangsc zvt 2 base muta guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/allthingszerg/comments/3ysrhu/zvt_tutorial_aggressive_muta_into_11_lingbane/ Ascarecrow zvt prion 14/14 macro build. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/20419652357 For higher level help i suggest: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499586-the-lotv-zerg-help-me-thread or https://www.reddit.com/r/allthingszerg/ .Ascarecrow50 Mar 24
Mar 23 Zerg counter to mass raven? Just got off a game where the terran massed up ravens. I got swarm hosts and hydras, as he had turtled too much for significant muta harass. I burrowed the swarm hosts outside his third, and sieged it. I had scouted that he was going for ravens, but had no idea it would be the amount that it was. He flew them over the swarm hosts and used seeker missile to kill every single one(~20). Although he lost a couple ravens to the hydras, the rest of them flew away. Throughout the game, whenever I tried to take a fourth/fifth, he flew his ravens to it and dropped auto-turrets, then flying away having only lost one or two ravens to my spores. He was able in this manner to kill most of my tech in my main(I had my corruptors there, but there were just too many ravens). Near the end of the game, I managed to catch the ravens at a good angle with my hydras. He then remaxed on cattlebruisers, and steamrolled over what few units I had left. Granted, my play isn't anywhere near good...but I can at least put up a good fight against a so-called "normal" composition... And so I ask: what do I do? I tried hydras, corruptors... am I missing something? Am I just that bad? Replay for anyone interested: http://www.mediafire.com/download/73f0qdxqxz97am3/Mass%20Raven.SC2Replay P.S. (Sorry if there's a rule against posting links to downloads, I couldn't find one)MrJoe66 Mar 23
Mar 23 ZvZ is trash I opened 17 hatch 17 pool 16 gas to be safe (pig's opener) and still lost to stupid speed ling all in. So my zvz is still 0% it's such a stupid coin flip match up i'm bout to just give up on ladder. Ladder and Starcraft 2 is a f'ing joke http://ggtracker.com/matches/6530085Insomniac73 Mar 23
Mar 22 ZvP tech choice after lurkers Hi guys I just want to know what is the most common tech choice that a Zerg will do if they went for Lurkers. The most I see is BL but I'm in Gold so maybe things are different in the higher leagues.IMperfectiON3 Mar 22
Mar 22 Scouting Im a high silver player, and it seems one of my weak points is scouting. I just want to know tricks you guys use to remind yourselves to scout mid and late game. I always seem to forget and next thing i know my enemy has 30 voidrays and im dead. How do you scout?WhiteChina20 Mar 22
Mar 22 Give me a good Zerg name, NOW! Free name change available now! I will change my name to WHATEVER you guys want, majority rules. Lets make it happen! Very Possible...Names: MileyNudys Ridiculisk Bananalisk SixPool Maybe...Names: SharksWithLazerPewPew LessQQMorePewPew LessQQmoarPewPew Zurginator Zerginator Zerglicious LingsNomNomOnU FruitBuyer NomNom UltraQQ Fruitstealer FruitBuyer Omnomalisk REARGERAWR touchmahtralala MoarOMLessNOM Numbalisk Fruitoftheloomdealer Maybe not...Names: BrettLarve queenoflays woopiegoldzerg Potaterzlisk Lannister CreepinOnYa AmaniCreepTumor DumpLing Haberhatchery zergbong Madlings Terrorlings Creeper Morphalisk T0t4lN00b ZergRing / HydraRisk / BroodRoared Lingalisk / Liskling LingPong BrettLavre RoachDitka Marauwder Robocop ZergRushKeKeKe InfestorJ Berzerger fsjal FidelCastro Gigglefroggy PillowOnCrak Bob Tinkleberry TerranRBalanced Thirdd Bannanalysk Tyrion XELA NUMNUM VegetableHorder EmperorZerg Happyultralisk Appleling AlexTWO CarrotJuiceIsMurder Imrushingultras MrHyde RiceFarmerLisk YoMommashipSoFat SwarmyMcgee Aspis/Asp Nephila Hesperus fruitling Banebling IdraMicro ArdIMicro aBigScaryMonster CaptainFlufflesMcGiggle SixPoolTroll iRoachRush Kekeke SoZettaSlowAlex150 Mar 22
Mar 22 Current meta as Zerg Hi mates! I was thinking in create a thread where we could share what unit composition/strategies you usually find in your leagues. By this way we can see how the meta changes and how to adapt to it. I start myself: League: Diamond ZvT: 70% of games Terran opens with reaper expand into hellion or Liberator harass into midgame push with bio/medevacs/tanks. 10% games are supergreedy Terran into Liberator harass into heavy air army. rest 20% of the games are proxys/banshees or similar. ZvP: 60% of games Protoss opens 1 gate expand into adept harass into 2 bases allin. 30% games are forge expand , fast 3th turtle style ,Phoenix harass into heavy air units (unbeatable for me). 10% proxys or any kind of cheese. ZvZ: 50% early ling/bane agression. 30% hatch first, drone hard into roaches timing push. 20% fast mutas. That is what usually I find in my ladder nowdays. What about you?Destruktor3 Mar 22
Mar 22 Mass Liberators with range upgrade vs. Zerg Liberators are by far the dumbest unit added to lotv. I don't see what purpose defender mode serves? And to top it off, give them an absurd range upgrade? At least before the range upgrade they aren't outrageous to deal with. Its annoying enough when a liberator gets behind mineral lines and your forced to stop mining, but with the range upgrade there's no viable counter for zerg. They out range spores and any ground unit. And why the hell are they able to one shot hydras? 85 dmg, that DPS is ridiculous! Lately I've been getting hammered by terran going mass libs with advance ballistics range upgrade. Those damn circles are everywhere and there's no way to stop them. I tried tech switching to corrupter but terran always have some support units with libs (marine, tank, widow mines, etc.) which when combined, kill anything I can muster. I've tried going viper but it takes forever to get hive and they are a giant gas drain. Before then, terran are at my doorsteps destroying away. I've noticed most terran players have picked up on this strategy and mass libs are becoming a common cheese for an easy victory against zerg.StarCheese7 Mar 22
Mar 20 legacy of the void: nydus worm upon the upcoming expansion the developers mentioned that nydus woks could not be harmed while unborrowing. personally i find this to be unfair and i doubt I'm the only one who agrees. true it is difficult to spawn a nydus worm in a certain area such as an enemy base and many players try their best to prevent forces from getting in and the best way to do it is to kill the nydus before it spawns however it does seem unfair to zerg players that nydus worms could be destroyed before it spawns so my solution is that blizzard should remove the spawning invulnerability and instead make it unseeable to non-detector units this will provide a more suitable method in the nydus worm and will make it a bit more fair toward any player versing the zerg. this is my suggestion to starcraft II developers and i hope you take it wellBattleCourt11 Mar 20
Mar 19 Going on the offensive? I'm in the top 8 of my silver league, but I can't beat most of the golds that I play. I'm having difficulties executing the roach, ravager 8 min timing attack and the nydus network roach queen 5 min timing attack. My ling control is weak, so my early game aggression with them is limited (not mention all the pocket expansions). Any tips? [b][/b]Joel8 Mar 19
Mar 17 LF Zerg Archon Partner Hi I'm currently looking for a Gold Zerg archon partner to play Archon with someone who is active in the game. If you are interested add me Reaver#1335. TY and may peace exist between our 2 races.IMperfectiON2 Mar 17
Mar 17 What happened to zerg forums? Used to see a lot of activity on here! Did I come at a slow point? End of season?Lokei7 Mar 17
Mar 15 Want to get back into SC2 - Need lots of help Hello Zerg folks!! I've been back and forth to this forum a few times over the last few years. My path was always the same. Bronze -> Gold goes ok and my progress stops there. I'm ~15-20% winrate as soon as I hit gold. I know part of the problem - I do ok bronze/silver but once I hit gold I feel like I need to 'do more' and just feel lost with all the things I could be / need to do. I haven't played in almost a year and a lot has changed with LotV. Can someone point me to 2-3 good builds that I can start practicing to see how I feel about the new units and if I want to get back into the game? I would love any help / assistance / guidance possible from all of you. Thanks in advance.Lokei4 Mar 15