Technical Support

Oct 4, 2012 Forum Guidelines & Information Welcome to the Technical Support forum for StarCraft II. This forum exists to provide StarCraft II customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-5pm Pacific, 5 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: Online Ticket - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account. Phone Support - You can schedule a callback from us from 10am - 6pm Pacific time, 5 days a week. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Medearn0 Oct 4, 2012
Apr 23, 2013 "Resource stall", "Network Spikes" counter explanation Hello all! We’ve noticed some confusion about the “Resource Stall” counter that some of you have spotted in the game, and we wanted to briefly explain what the counter is keeping track of. The counter is tracking the number of times that your StarCraft II client has needed to accomplish something that was not already pre-loaded. Examples of this include: - Streaming missing data - Loading data assets from your hard drive - Compiling graphic shaders on the fly It’s important to note that having resource stalls does not indicate, by itself, that anything is wrong with your StarCraft II client. The counter is primarily included for the benefit of our developers, and we apologize if not masking it has resulted in any misunderstandings.Kaltonis1 Apr 23, 2013
18h No Sound - Sound Blaster Audigy SE - Window 10 Anniversary Update Hey folks, We've been seeing reports from players that started experiencing no sound issues when trying to play StarCraft II. This issue seems to be affecting systems that have upgraded to the recently released Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and that are using a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card. The issue has already been reported to our QA department, and they were able to reproduce it. A bug report has been entered for further investigation. In the meantime, if you happen to come across this issue, feel free to try the following workaround: 1. Navigate to your Documents\StarCraft II folder. 2. Open the Variables.txt file using Notepad or Wordpad. 3. Add a line that reads soundprovider=DSOUND 4. Save and close the Variables.txt file Once that is done, you should be able to launch the game without any sound issues.Dankorii0 18h
3d It requires me to upgrade my starcraft 2 version. After last nights maintenance I tried to log in to my account. It did login but a window came up and said you have to upgrade your starcraft 2 version or just continue. When I continued I went to the multiplayer tab, but all the options were locked. When I tried again to login and I pressed the upgrade buton it took me to my browser and prompted me to buy legacy of the void for 54 dollars! I do have the legacy of the void game, I bought a hard copy some time ago. In fact I have all 3 expansions. Is this a new addition to the legacy of the void expansion or something is wrong with my gameplay??DiaS262 3d
May 20 StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/reset-video-driver-settings 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/check-for-overheating-cpu-or-video-card 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-virus-scan 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Use the StarCraft II 32-bit Game Client If you’re running a 64-bit Operating System and are experiencing frame rate issues when using the 64-bit game client, try using the 32-bit client instead. Some players have reported better fps with the 32-bit game client. Support Page → https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/toggling-32bit-mode 17. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 18. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 19. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 20. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 21. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 22. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 23. Exit Battle.net When Launching Games In rare cases, the Battle.net launcher can cause high CPU load. If the Battle.net launcher is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 24. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 25. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx1 May 20
Feb 20 Problems Joining Arcade Lobbies Having trouble joining games in arcade ( https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaQCzqVUUAAsS-F.png ). Seems to be happening to several people. When I can get in to a lobby, I see a pretty constant stream of people joining and immediately disconnecting multiple times. We try to start the game with a half full lobby, it goes through the countdown all the way to 0 and then it just goes straight back to the arcade screen to select a lobby. Doesn't even make it to the loading screen. I've reset my connection, flushed my DNS, still having the same issue. Seems to be happening more with the map "Hero Lines Wars Starlight" than any other, though I have had issues with other maps as well.Verathis115 Feb 20
Jan 15, 2015 ★★★ Spotlight on - Patching and Installation Troubleshooting ★★★ Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
Oct 22, 2012 MVP Troubleshooting and Advice How to Write a Good "Technical Issue" Thread—TheSkunk Archer's Troubleshooting Thread—Archer The Importance of Computer Maintenance—DannibusX Complete Virus/Spyware/Malware Removal Guide—BlueCow The ULTIMATE SC2 Optimization & FPS Guide 2.0—Duke Vs AI & 'Bonus Objectives' Achievements - Information—Leviathan Name Changing Error - Information—Leviathan How to request help on a performance issue—HellsingVelnrak0 Oct 22, 2012
Sep 20, 2011 Known Issues 3.5 [Updated: 8/2/16] UI and Online New – Sending whispers can state that a player is not online when they are. New – Sometimes the wrong amount of placement games is displayed. New – Grandmaster ladder pages are sometimes not updating correctly. New – A few inconsistencies appear for the Raven's ability tooltips. New – There is a missing doodad in a Nova mission cutscene. Players can have Undefined MMR in Grandmaster. Archon Grandmaster list do not display any members even though players are ranked Grandmaster. Players are able to be promoted into Grandmaster after playing less than 10 games. Viewing other people's MMR through the division page in the profile shows incorrectly scaled MMR if they've only played one game. Player status in the friends list can sometimes fail to update correctly. Players can become stuck in a Versus A.I. queue if a player drops from the party before entering the queue. Remove the player from the party to resolve this issue. Players attempting to view a group can be redirected to a different group. Some players cannot leave their SC2 clan or group. Navigating to the Arcade Bookmarks can cause an endless loading screen when too many maps are bookmarked.Engine/Game Systems Some players are experiencing performance issues when playing on Train of the Dead Mutation Challenge.Game Content Completing the Void Campaign sometimes does not unlock the Epilogue missions. Some workarounds are available. New – The Banshee and Goliath units may be missing from the Nova campaign mission Trouble In Paradise when played for the first time. Workaround: On the Trouble In Paradise briefing screen, enter the Mission Archives and load the Enemy Intelligence mission briefing screen. It's not necessary to actually launch this mission, you can close this briefing screen and return to the Trouble In Paradise briefing screen. This should grant access to the Banshee and Goliath units.Editor Mac A brief dark flash can rarely appear during the Void Launch Co-Op mission.davidhc5 Sep 20, 2011
8h Lag in Campaign I lag a little bit in some parts of the campaign like parts of the game where a lot of stuff are happening at once and just random. I'm also not sure if I can call it lag maybe more like things are just slow so curious to see what people think of settings that I can lower to make it smoother and my graphics are at like mediumMadmike0 8h
11h Issues with co-op game difficulties Any time i que for a co-op game on any of my commanders i get put into a higher level mission. So when i get home from work and just want a semi-relaxing game i que for casual and get put into normal which isnt a big issue, but on the other hand if i que for normal, i get put into a game on hard. Is their a way to fix this? or at least give me the proper exp for the mission i completed? (i still get the mission xp that i que for but not the higher level mission)Methiel3 11h
13h downloading,scanning,update problems. i downloaded heart of the sworm and it won't allow me to update or open and play the game. It's saying there seems to be a problem it keeps scanning and scanning and nothing, it has been doing this for a few days now. i downloaded it for a mac.vega0 13h
15h 1v1 vs AI lag Even though I'm playing against the AI with no other players, custom or matchmaking games, I'm still getting latency issues based on my poor internet connection, and get the "_____ has stopped responding" message coming up regularly. I just want to play some simple skirmishes against the AI, me vs. my computer, and I really don't see why this has to send/receive information over the internet to do so. Is there a way to play a skirmish without having to play in offline mode?Twilight6 15h
19h I can't play the Campaign for any of the Starcraft games, Why??? The reason on why im asking is because I have Wings of Liberty and Heart of The Swarm discs...ReaperofPain8 19h
20h starcraft 2 wings of liberty starter edition Hi i bought Star craft 2 wings of liberty since two months ago and shipped it back to Palestine ,and it keeps showing that i only have a starter edition> I really don't know what to do or whom to E-mail and i'd appreciate if anyone could help me . Thank youBash1 20h
20h update to infinity Cant play and my update bar never progresses. what do i do?ChKoStK1 20h
20h Cannot install I have disabled all security software and have granted full access to the folder to myself, trusted installer, and administrtor. Battle.net is running as administrator. Still getting the error.Dmaggot6 20h
20h Bookmarks keep loading I've been having this bug for over 1/2 years now, I would like a solution for this. I used to have aproximately 20 bookmarks, even when they're gone I can't add new ones or load the old ones.jermain2 20h
1d Bug in the Psionic Assault challenge. So, yeah, I had to finish the challenge by killing the rocks myself so the Zerglings, the Roaches and the Ultralisk would finally come for a fight. In my first try I thought it was misdirection from the game (derp) but I realized the Zerglings were supposed to attack the rocks when they first spawned and not wait for me to melt the rocks down. Just letting you know, guys! :DCyborgHotDog2 1d
1d [Bug] Nova story pack 1 freezing So, every time that I try to play the third mission in the first pack of the nova story, I get through the cut scene and almost to the part where you make ability changes to Nova and different units before you start the mission. But when I get there the program freezes. I try to shut down the program through task manager, but it just gives me a black screen with the task bar at the bottom. I try to close the program from there but nothing happens. I end up having to restart my computer sometimes forcibly. I have had this problem for a while. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, and also the scan and repair option but nothing is working. I love your games guys, especially Starcraft. It would be amazing if I was able to finish the story packs since I did pre-order them. That is the only reason I have not played it recently, because it keeps crashing on me.Narkil1 1d
1d Install and Patch issue Hi everyone, sorry if this issue has come up before, but I've read through most of the posts on this topic and nothing has helped me. I'm trying to install StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm on my Win 7 desktop. It starts to install, then the progress bar turns red and an exclamation icon appears with the message: We're having problems transferring data. Please wait while we continue to try. I want to contact support via live contact or phone callback but it's asking me for files that I don't have [dxdiag and msiinfo]. Can anyone tell me how to get these files, or where to look for them? Thanks in advance!! ~MLadyMischief1 1d
1d Can't message anyone from the lobby:says everyone is offline I'm not sure when it started, but over time I began to realize that any time I tried messaging someone from the lobby/load screen/start screen, it would say they are offline. I can chat just fine when in game, but as soon as I'm in the lobby it says the player is offline. Anyone know why this is happening? edit: I have already checked my social settings to ensure that i have "only allow friends to message..." unticked. I also ensured that I was not in offline mode, whatever the hell that is. edit again: I see im not the first. for reference: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20747154844wawacrates5 1d
1d Mouse freezes My mouse freezes when the SC2 client is launched. The mouse unfreezes only if the SC2 client is killed. The issue persist every time I relaunch starcraft, even if I kill battlenet process and agent.exe. Restarting the computer usually fixes the issue. It's possible that the issue only occurs after having exited overwatch before launching starcraft, but I haven't tested this hypothesis. I'm using a razer imperator with windows plug and play drivers (not razer's drivers).RPSirverik1 1d
1d unable run battle.net desktop app it shown "starting battle.net..." never start.davidcheah2 1d
1d Router connection crashing mid-game On random co-op matchups I never seem to have a problem. Played 10 games without any issues. However, when I group with a friend, the game, 9 times out of 10, will lose connection, and I find that my internet goes down entirely, and my router is trying to re-establish a connection. I am using a wired ethernet connection, and the router is necessary as it's also a modem.Weylin1 1d
1d Campaign Sound bug after restarting a mission So i'm playing the epilogue of LOTV and when restarting a mission i have a sound bug, it sounds saturated, i have to restart the game to have a clear sound.YaYaFR3 1d
1d Help! Status frozen while trying to update During the last update it started downloading but it keeps saying "waiting on another installation or update" when there isn't anything else to update. Running on PCChris1 1d
1d Game Server and Ping Issues After Major Balance Design Patch Hello, I'm a player from Australia who has been encountering issues regarding ping and game server. For the past couple of days the pings for Australia and US West have been incorrectly inflated by the client, resulting in either US Central or US Eastern servers being prioritized for my match making Screenshot of what my pings are shown as in the Options/Region settings: http://i.imgur.com/IEuXaZ8.png Before the new patch, I would play the majority of my games on the Australian server, followed then by US West, with East and Central being played ~10% of the time. Now they're all either on East or Central. Another issue I've experienced is that I cannot set a game server for custom games. If I set Australia, West, or even Brazil for the matter, I still end up on US East/Central, which I'm guessing is my perceived 'best match' I've dropped out of Grandmaster because playing every game on such high pings every game against such competitive opponents is almost unplayable. Please help me out if you can find an explanation guys :( Thanks - ChaseChase1 1d
1d Legacy OV wont connect to battlenet I just bought the game, I have put in disc 1, then when I try to play the game, it keeps saying "cannot connect to the internet". It just sits there, then when I click "play offline", it says that I need to connect to battle.net in order to verify the "game criteria". I don't know what to do from hereQueenXula3 1d
1d Legacy of the Void not loading LOTV Isn't loading. It just says loading and the spinning colored mouse. I upgraded to the latest version and I haven't been able to play for over a week. I've manually scanned and repaired and there has been 0 Problems. But still legacy of the void won't load. Is there a way to fix this?Jim1 1d
1d Which graphic would i get What grphic(with no lag!) would i be able to get with this computer: Power: active PFC Corsair 450W Intel Core i3-6100( 3.7GHz Skylake Dual Core) | 3MB Cache Arcatic Cooling Alpine 11 Rev Motherboard: Asus h110 H110Mk Kingston 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 Evga Nvidia GeForce GTX950 SC 2GB GDDR5 60hz cheap monitorimba0 1d
2d clan management When will we get an update that would fix the clan management issue??!! I am a leader of a clan and i can't invite new players to my clan since i reached the max 100 player and i cannot initiate a clean up since if a member is not online or in my friend list i cannot eliminate said player from the clan thus negating my ability to invite other more active players. Please fix this or if there is a workaround post it!Bushido2 2d
2d Continous scanning game files.... This is very frustrating. It has been scanning game files and unable to play the game for weeks now. It is also extremely difficult to try to reach a person for help. CAN YOU PLEASE fix this issue? thanksmike26 2d
2d Can't chat after game (says not online) Everyone I try to chat with after a game, it says they are not online. Is this a known issue?! It started with the new patch.Blade74 2d
2d Achievement Toasts no Longer Functioning Hello, Approximately one-week ago achievement toasts stopped popping up. No options have changed. I do not have the "busy while in game" option checked. I also ran a scan and repair a couple of times. Any ideas? Any solution besides reinstall? Thank you!RainbowJack4 2d
2d what happened to my skirmish games skirmish games? after updating star craft to 3, cann't find my skirmish games?nic0 2d
3d Please help me Which one I need to buy for Star Craft online pass ? Quick match etc... Trlogy or just some of themVacardi1 3d
3d Can't play with Physical Copy of game. Hello! Here is a detailed step-by-step problem I am facing. Years ago I purchased the physical copies of Starcraft II Wings of Liberty, then – when It came out—I purchased Heart of the Swarm. I still have both of these copies, though it has been over a year since I played either of them. Yesterday I tried to play them again for the first time in over a year and a half. The first problem I encountered was logging in (yeah, I forgot my password over the years, but that was okay because I emailed myself a confirmation and it eventually let me back in). When it finally logged me back in, it told me I had to make a new battletag – well I thought that was weird, but since It was over a year I made a new battletag and then had to wait for the updates. Suffice it to say it took QUITE A LONG TIME for those updates to fully install. So with Wings of Liberty in my Laptop, I finally was able to hit play after about 6 hours of updates. But when I go into the main screen it says “purchase game: 9.99” . . . but I shouldn’t have to purchase game. I have the physical copy in the drive! I took out the disc and then put in “Heart of the swarm “ to see if that would work. But it gave me the same prompt and told me to buy the digital copy. I uninstalled both games and then reinstalled them assuming that might fix the problem. It did not and it still is telling me that I must buy the digital copy. So then I thought something might be wrong with my account – so I went into the browser of Battlenet and looked up my account, my email was correct, name was correct all good. My account online says I own a version of Diablo III – and that’s true! I did buy a physical copy of Diablo III a few years back, so I have the right account at least. But online it tells me that I only have the “starter edition” of starcraft. Which can’t be right because I’ve purchased and PLAYED both of these games before. But whatever, I went through my desk and found my game keys – I was very happy to find that I kept those after all these years. But when I tried to type in my game keys to GET the games, it tells me those codes have already been claimed. And well . . . of course they’ve been claimed. I claimed them when I first bought this game! So then why can’t I play you? I’m really not interested in playing online at all. I just want to play the campaign. Please help.Sypherdias3 3d
3d My mouse double clicks units when I press once I have an issue with my mouse, its very often that happens and I noticed it while playing. Imagine, that I tried to select one worker and to put him to build something, but instead of that it selects all and moves them. This issue is becoming very annoying. I don't know why it happens, also noticed this problem on far cry 3, that sometimes, the gun fires without pressing any key. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I recently bought a gaming mouse from Myria GM V-14Victor1 3d
3d SC2 keeps enabling my mic. How to disable? I have the Dr Dre studio wireless headphones. When you run SC2, it keeps turning on my microphone. Even if I disable microphone on SC2, my microphone is stuck in on mode. Compare with skype or Overwatch, my microphone will only turn on if you make a call or if you join the team voice chat on Overwatch. Besides disabling/enabling on Windows and besides using a different headphone, is there a way to make SC2 not turn on my microphone? thanksQueenGambit0 3d
3d Game wont launch Hi! Starcraft II wont launch for me anymore for some reason error message appears once the screen turns black and states graphics device is not available.. Dont know why it started appearing once i updated my windows please i need help because i want to play nova missions but now i cant T.TWsup1 3d
4d Starcraft 2 Patch 3.0.1 Stuck at 0 B/s Again, probably for the third time in three weeks I am here. Once again, my Starcraft 2 does not seem to want to patch at all. This started when I was downloading the 3.0.0 patch, where the patch got stuck at Optimal with 250MB remaining. Somehow, I was able to fix it by moving the installation folder and having the Battle.net app re-find the installation. Sadly, this is not working this time. I have 449 MB of patch data to download and the download is stuck at 0B/s. I have tried the following: - Modem Reset - Turned Firewalls off - Opened ports on my wireless hub - Used the Scan and Repair tool in the bnet app. - Changed my DNS to Google Public DNS servers I would like to note that Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone and Diablo 3 seem to be unaffected. I am able to apply the latest Heroes patch with no problems. This issue has ONLY affected Starcraft 2.Diosys38 4d
4d I was playing normally and then 06B5C3BF-B000-4B12-A944-E611BD0051DC happened! What does it mean?Oblivion3 4d
4d FPS issues I'm at my wits end Hi all. Yes, yes, there is a sticky about FPS issues. But if I share my personal experience maybe ya'll can help me pinpoint the problem. My specs: i5-4670k 128gb samsung 840pro ssd (sc2 installed on it) 2TB HDD 16gb ram GTX 770 Z87-A motherboard Win 7 64 Here goes. I've got probably almost a thousand hours logged in SC2. It's always worked perfectly, 60 FPS on ultra, never any dip. Was plat league in pvp. Still working fine when LotV came out. Then I took a few months break. Then tried to come back in. Horror. On low settings i start at about 40 fps, and when i get to the 10-15 minutes mark. it's below 1 FPS. On the menu screen, the planet's rotation is a little laggy. When i switch tabs (campaign, multiplayer), the screen freezes for 5-10 seconds and then resumes, a little laggy. The countdown timer before the game start is laggy (says 3, 1, hangs....... then loading screen appears and i'm 3/4 loaded already). I have win 7 SP1 with all updates, latest nvidia drivers. I downloaded programs to check the performance of cpu, gpu, ram, even SSD. Everything is fine. All other games work fine (except Far Cry 4, which takes FOREVER to load the loading screens. Might be a related problem?). I get 60 FPS on very high settings on most games. So what could my problem be with starcraft? I tried doing a clean reinstall, didn't work. Does not seem related to the graphics card, right? My internet connection is 15down/10up, downloads go at that speed. No programs seem to be running in the background. Resource monitor shows about 80% CPU usage when i get 1FPS iirc. Don't remember GPU usage but it wasn't through the roof. Anyone got ideas?Keaze1 4d
4d Auth Key not working My brother's authentication key for BNet isn't working. To the best of our knowledge, we are entering the code in correctly. Whenever we try, we get the error message: The authentication key you entered cannot be claimed. Please try again. Alternatively, click here then browse to a game dashboard and click “Enter CD Key” to try this key for a different region, or try this process again for a different Battle.net account. I tried his code on my account before my own and it did not work, but my own code worked fine. I have seen a few people complaining of this same problem, but never with an answer as to what to do about it. Did we get sold a bad key?Xalzan10 4d
4d Client reporting wrong ping in "preferred game server" section Recently when playing 1v1 I noticed I was being consistently put on Brazil server, which as a player from Australia, results in 400 ping and sucks tremendously. I checked my preferred game server and for some reason the client is reporting my ping to brazil to be around 180 which is just flat out wrong. I don't have much problem with playing with 250-ish on the US servers but playing with 400 is a whole other level of terrible and makes it extremely hard to be competitive. Has anyone experienced this problem? Is there any way to reset the ping values in the language and region section? Thanks.Goosejuice2 4d
5d Block Bug Even after deleting people from my block list, I still receive the "Cannot add to block list because block list is full" error message. This is only after the patch in which the latest "Nova: Covert Ops" was added. Please address this issue. Arcade chat is filled with children who have nothing better to do than spam.SomeDouche0 5d
5d Radeon swichable graphics problem So I just got a new laptop the hp-17-y001nv, it has an and cpu with integrated graphics card and a R5 mx430 autonomous graphics card. The os is windows 10. The problem is that sc2 uses the integrated one with the result of less than 1fps on crowed games, much worse than my 6 years old laptop with overheating problems. I spent 3 days of my limited personal time updating and removing drivers and bios. All the options are correctly seted and the dynamic graphic card switch just don't work. I spend much time in forums without finding a solution. I think its a bug somewhere between windows ati drivers and the game. Spare me the obvious like set high performance and stuff.CyberPeach4 5d
5d can't re install i tried to sign in but got a version mismatch and tried uninstalling but now it won't let me re install. a pop up saying "were having a problem transferring data" anyone know the problem?AESIR1 5d
5d Can't play in Multiplayer model Hi, I just meet a problem. I can't play anything in the Multiplayer model. It says "Matchmaking queues are currently unavailable,please try again later." So,can somebody help me solve this issue? Thx.SilverSlug2 5d