Technical Support

Jan 4, 2011 upgrading processor: motherboard compatable? wondering how I find out what processors are compatable with my motherboard; my windows system information under BIOS Version/Date says "Dell Inc. A01, 5/25/2005" and I'm using a 3.00 ghz pentium 4 processorXkorpyo2 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 videocard upgrade I recently purchased an evga geforce gtx 460 SE (special edition) and I'm wondering if it supports ultra settings for sc2 as well as the evga geforce gtx 460 regular edition. My understanding is that this card has a substantially lower core count. I have a p4 intel 3ghz dual core processor + 4 gigs of ram.Xkorpyo9 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Getting dropped, no error message. Either it happens during a game, idling in homescreen or exiting out of a game. It shows, "Achievements have been disabled" and "Achievements have been restored". Then proceeds to log me out and in without actually going in to type my login info. What's up?Enzymes3 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Laptop charger disconnects = game freezes? This rarely ever happens, but sometimes when I'm in the middle of the game someone will come along and trip on my laptop powercord, or I'll move my chair and accidentally pull the chord out of the wall. Every single time it happens, SC2 freezes entirely. There's still sound playing, the graphics are still displayed fine, but nothing moves. Not even the mouse cursor. I can't even ctrl-alt-delete to the login screen or even alt-tab/window key back to the desktop. I always end up having to hard reboot the laptop. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a fix? It's not a super big issue, since I usually make sure that my charger is out of the way, but occasionally when I'm playing in public (say, at a library) it happens and it's annoying any time it does.dreamofpsy0 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Map editor BIG BUG! i just got on my editor today, and the terrain won't load! i was able to see it when i tested, but now when i do, I SEE NOTHING BUT FOG! it's that kinda fog that you can actually cut through. i placed a raven, and could only see the flame, and even then i barely could..... Please patch. :)lVlysticLaD3 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 new cpu lagging, when it meets req. (help) I'm not sure why all the sudden I cant play on the lowest setting on my new PC which I thought was way better then my old All-in-One HP Pavilion with a 1.6 processor. (Im not to good with computers, sorry if I'm not using the correct language.) BUt I have an AMP Sempron 140 Processor (2.6 it said) And my graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 6150 Like, I said I'm not to good with PC Knowledge, but I instaled new drivers for my Gfx Card. Anyone have any ideas I can do to play? Or anything to help? Crisis3 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Patching Problem I installed the game (Windows 7 - 64 bit) , then it launches the patch thingy , after it reaches 100 % it automaticly resets it and i redownload the same patch (StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Tools Update (2.1.2.2105) over and over. Its really annoying. Please i need help. Thank you.Percent8 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Greyed Out Multiplayer Buttons Hey I was wondering if anyone ever saw any resolution to this issue? I know a few people had the same problem as me a few months ago, that is -Cannot click on 'Find Match' for 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4. It appears greyed out -Cannot create a game as the 'Create Game' button is greyed out -Cannot join custom games -Cannot be invited to games -Map download hangs I know there was a workaround using the files from a working cache folder, but this was a temporary fix and stopped working once my game patched. Just curious if anyone out there with the 'greyed out' problem ever found a solution. Thanks guys. Pat0 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Cannot Join Games Whenever i am joining a custom game and everyone is in, the countdown starts, but when it hits zero nothing happens and i'm just sitting on the pre-game screen until a message tells me i've been disconnected from the game. What's going on and why can't i play custom games.Wildstaff1 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Can't Play any games online I am able to login using my username and password, however, once it enters the multiplayer it does not find any custom games and i am unable to use the find a match option. Smily0 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 i can't play challenge mode to be frank, i can play only one challenge called "infesters". when i finished all enemys, i couldn't be ranked, and the game seemed to be endless... what happened? a bug?DDfive0 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Time Zone My match history seems to be like 12 hours off. I played games today (1/03) at about 8pm and my match history says 1/04. How do i update or correct this issue?Valt0 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Global Internal error Global internal error Austin Texas What does this mean Is is Blizzard Servers or Time WarnerVoice1115 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Monitor turns off, turns on, game crashes played two games today where game locked up like i was lagging, then my monitor turned off, received no signal from my computer (get the "check video cables" message), then the monitor turns on again, at which point im at the desktop and the sc2 error reporter prompts me to send a report. this same issue happens when i try to play elder scrolls iv: oblivion after 20ish minutes. is my graphics card overheating? (this only started happening after my preliminary matches and i was put into a league. played 2v2's last night for about and hour and then played the campaign for about two hours and it didnt crash at all.) what gives?iHateKoreans2 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Mouse keep going out of screen So I didn't had problem with this until now. I have 2 screens, so I've put SC2 on Windowed(Full screen) and had not problem with my mouse, it was locked on my main screen where SC2 run, so I could actually move to left in-game (main screen is right and second is at the left) but just decided to play today, and now bam, in a game (good thing it was 4v4) couldn't move to left, had to use arrows, which isn't easy AT ALL when you aren't used to it. I changed nothing in my options, so I just decided to restart the game, still have the problem. What can I do?Tearjerker0 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Point system in starcraft 2 i win games in starcraft 2 online and i do not gain any points. why is this? is there a new pacth or something i dont know about? or is this a glicth with the server? or is it something to do with my win lose ration or even something else? please help i greatly apreciate it. thanks :PSwagMuffinz1 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 Game wont load When i bring up the Starcraft 2 updater, it says 0% progress in the upper right hand corner, and in the lower left hand corner it says "No problems detected." Yes, where it SHOULD show the download rate.Hydranova0 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 4, 2011 cant authenticate. firewall is off. profile is set to usa. helpXcoldkillerX1 Jan 4, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Default Refresh Rate My system has a refresh rate of 60hz, and when I look at the setting on SC2 for the RR, it's recommended default, but there is also an option for 60hz. What is/does the default do? Which should I run it on?GeopGamer2 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Months later, FPS now so low it is unplayable I have tried desperately to get help from any poster, any blue, but to no avail. I want to bash this into anyone's brain that thinks my (5-month old) computer is garbage: BEFORE PATCH 1.1.3, MY FPS WAS 50 AT MAX GRAPHICAL SETTINGS. AFTER PATCH 1.1.3, MY FPS WAS 25 AT "GOOD" GRAPHICAL SETTINGS. CURRENTLY, MY FPS IS LESS THAN 2 WITH FOOD ABOVE 60/200. ALL SETTINGS LOW. FREE FOR ALLS ARE UNPLAYABLE. 3v3 IS UNPLAYABLE. 4v4 IS UNPLAYABLE. I didn't even get a response in the low FPS data gathering thread. I've been waiting MONTHS to play this game with even HALF DECENT FPS. I've read the 'new' sticky, and i'm sorry, I don't want to be shoved in the corner with 'you guys are all overheating' or 'your guys graphics cards are bugged, SC2 is fine'. I want to play this game so damn badly.JustALilBit18 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 some sounds going in and out Hello, I am using Windows 7 and a SB X-Fi Titanium. Some in-game sounds will suddenly disappear for a while, only to be back the next game. Sometimes it will be battle sounds, sometimes it will be voices. I've noticed in the campaign during the in-game cutscenes that Raynor's as well as others' voice are very quiet compared to the music/other sounds. Also, in the challenge missions, the intro is completely silent. My sound quality is high with 128 channels. I've tried reducing the sound quality as well as the sound channels, but this didn't do anything. It hasn't always been like this either. I used to have sound in the challenge intros. I haven't changed anything about my sound setup period during the time when the sound was working properly and when it wasn't. I also tried changing the settings in the options menu from "Default" to selecting my sound card and setup (5.1), also without results. Any help? Thanks! EDIT: NVM. It turns out there's a problem with my center speaker which was preventing the sound from time to time. A mod is free to delete this post. Thanks again!Belisaurius0 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 In-Game Chat Characters Coming Out As Chinese Very strange. Yes, I checked the control panel. My Windows language settings are set to English. It's only happening in Starcraft. When I message someone in-game there's a little Chinese character in the chat box and when I type options for Chinese characters come up. I have no idea how it got this way or how to change it back. Please help.Dprime1 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 I keep dropping out of 4v4 games... Hello, I am having some weird random dropouts lately. It started yesterday and it has continued today. Here is what happens: I start a 4v4 game, then I get a surrender box and everyone is complaining about me lagging the game. Then i just drop out after the time has expired. Here are some other facts: I am not DL anything in the background. I am still able to chat via Skype and or in game voice chat with my allies during the waiting period for my surrender. I don't get kicked out of B.net, i just get dropped out to the main game window, still logged in. When I alt tabbed while I was dropping my connection was very strong. This seems to happen most offten in 4v4 matchups for me. I have I7 core 3.2cpu 12GB ram 64bit OS 1 gigATI card Time Warner 15 MB download 5 upload speeds. To clarify this started to happen yesterday. My allies are able to talk to me as well as hear what I say while I am being dropped... Any help from people that have experienced this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Shawmeck0 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Auto starting custom games! ! Blizzard. What is the reasoning behind having custom games auto start the very second the compliment of players has been reached? I've played countless games where an individual leaves soon as the count down starts and then we're all stuck in a game with unfair teams (eg: 3on2 in a 3on3 game)! You need to change this as the only way to stop a game is actually disconnecting!DoorStuck6 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Can't see the cutscenes Whenever the game goes to a cutscene, whether it be the briefing before a mission or when I am just standing in the bar area in between them, I can barely see anything but black maybe a few flashing figures here and there but that's as good as it gets. The sound and movements of the few things I can make out run fine, not choppy or laggy at all. It seems whenever anything moves, itself and the area that it passes over is "erased" for lack or a better word, it looks like the black figure is erasing the background and just leaving black. When it goes to gameplay everything is perfect though which makes me think it's not my graphic settings. Can anyone help me please??Spanky2 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 I am always green. Every time I play starcraft 2 my team is always green. Even if i change my team color to blue, or red, or purple, it still stays green. I just want to know what is making this happen.Alios2 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 sc2 shutting my pc down Hi when i play starcraft sometimes my computer shuts down im only concerned because my computer is fairly new and shouldnt have any problems with starcraft 2, here are the specs: Windows 7 Home Premium Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67ghz 2.67ghz Installed memory 8.00 GB ATI RADEON HD 4600 Series 1 Gig Would the computer shutting off be due to my processor speed? Now that ive gone through everything it seems it might be a bit slow? Any help would be appreciated (I have already tried the framerate cap thing)Flurry4 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 cant hear mics after a while ok this has happened a bunch of times already make a party and everones using mics and chatting away happily and after a game or 2 i start having trouble hearing people so i fidget with the sound settings and by the end im getting almost or completely no sound from voice chat and when this happens they say that they cant hear my mic either? solution.... use ventrilo??? =/GoM10 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Strange problem trying to play multiplayer I get this error message: "There was a problem downloading this content. Please try again later." No other explanation is given. I've tried playing multiplayer 1v1 for the last couple days and no luck. I can play versus AI and that's it.batrick4 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Brutal FPS despite good hardware OK so here's what's happening. My computer is pretty good, and should easily be able to run starcraft on high settings. However, what will happen now is when a game starts it will be at like 120 FPS on all high settings, but as the game progresses the FPS drops dramaticly, REGARDLESS of what's going on in the game. I can be staring at the fog of war and be only getting 20 fps. The settings make absolutely no difference, I can run it on high, or low settings and it still goes down to 10-20 fps as the game progresses. Also, when I go to exit starcraft it takes a LONG time which leads me to believe that there is some memory leak and it has to force it to clear. I've recently updated my video driver to the newest catalyst driver, and i THINK the problem has been occuring since then. Is this a known issue with ATI cards, and is there something I can do to fix it? I might try using an older driver to see if that helps but if someone knows a solution it would be appreciated. My hardware: ATI HD5770 Intel i7 920 6 gigs ramThreep5 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Fps drops with my new Asus EAH6850 Hey guys, I just purchased a new Asus EAH6850 graphics card. Although, I am having issues with it already... I turned all my settings to max and I can get around 30-55 fps but it constantly drops throughout the game to 7 fps.... Here are my specs... Time of this report: 1/2/2011, 21:09:46 Machine name: USER-PC Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: System manufacturer System Model: P5QC BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/26/08 15:03:09 Ver: 08.00.14 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz Memory: 2048MB RAM Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM Page File: 1174MB used, 2919MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Sound Tab 3: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (retail) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (retail) DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6739) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_03AA1043&REV_00 Display Memory: 1781 MB Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB Shared Memory: 767 MB Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: unknown Monitor Id: PTS0899 Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz) Output Type: HD15 Driver Name: aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1059 (English) Driver Version: 8.801.0.0 DDI Version: 10.1 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 11/25/2010 20:58:12, 550400 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2479-11CF-C372-A023A1C2CA35} Vendor ID: 0x1002 Device ID: 0x6739 SubSys ID: 0x03AA1043 Revision ID: 0x0000 Driver Strong Name: oem59.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1:ati2mtag_NI:8.801.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_6739 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 Could it be my Duo processor bottle necking my computer...I did all the driver updates and everything you normally do to a new graphics card.. What do you guys think it could be? I read that this graphics card is decent and after dishing out 200 dollars for it; I feel disappointed in its performance on my computer...Better to go Nvidia? Thoughts?Amphinomus5 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Lag spikes make sc2 unplayable I have been having some trouble in Sc2 lately, the issue is that some ridiculous lag spikes (1 fps for 5 minutes) have been hitting me for the last couple of days. More specifically I will be in Sc2 and it will lag for 5 minutes then stop for 10, then lag for another 5, etc. I will get the advice "Please lower your graphic settings to improve performance". But in 5 minutes it will stop lagging completely and work just fine, the settings are not the problem because for the 4 months i have owned SC2 before this started happening it has worked fine (all settings are low except for terrain and effects). The "5 minutes on 10 minutes off" happens if i'm in a quick match of any kind, playing the campaign, even in the Battle.net menus or Map editor. I have restarted my computer, even left it off over night with no prevail. I have restarted my internet connection and it continues to lag. Even when i close out of the game and reopen it it continues to lag for its "allotted 5 minutes". When it lags i pause the campaign and surf the web for a couple of minutes, showing that the internet works fine and nothing else is running slowly. Please comment if you have any suggestions. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621) Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz Memory: 7168MB RAM Available OS Memory: 6912MB RAM DirectX Version: DirectX 11Bio2 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Cannot See Friend Status I just recently added a friend and for some odd reason, neither of us can see each other's statuses. i.e. We can see whether or not we're online, but we can't see what they're doing (besides the changing icon). So I don't know what kind of game he's playing, the last time he's been online, etc. He also can't see mine... it's strange, because he's the only player that I've been unable to see. I added him by finding his account through a friend's game history and clicking "add friend." Not sure if that does anything. I also tried removing him as a friend and re-adding him via nickname/character code. The problem persisted. Not sure if posting his player name is "personal information" so if a mod needs that, let me know and I'll provide it.EpOxY1 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 vanish spots okay so since i purchased this game, randomly (no matter what comp im on) when i start a game of any type there will be random spots all over the map if not the majority of the map where everything is invisible. this includes my own units and starting resources. also if any of my units pass into these spots they dissappear too and are unrecoverable. i obviously cant leave the bronze league because of my constant forced surrenderseastyd1 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 Mouse Graphical Error and Game Option Setting Hullo. Sometimes when I'm playing SC2, my mouse cursor in game becomes a series of like slanted lines. It looks like [] but the lines are broken up horizontally slanted. This will sometimes become like this permanently or sometimes just randomly revert back during in game. If i minimize to desktop my desktop cursor is also messed up. I forgot to take a screenshot of this but next time it occurs I definitely will take one. To fix it I usually have to restart my computer. I just updated my graphics card drivers and this was also occurring for me during the beta. Also, when playing Campaign, is there any way to make the Gameplay option of Gamespeed set to faster save? I have to manually do it every time. For some reason it won't stay on faster.Mylkal1 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 Voice not working with party We can't hear each other talking, but we can record voice and have it played back to us in options. Voice is working between myself and my wife, but we are on the same network. Any help?Appa0 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 "Unable to download an authenticator module" My brother is trying to log into Battle.net for the first time on SC2 but is getting this error message. What does it mean and what can we do about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Nisco128 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 Have to relog after every game? How come after i play a game I have to relog.. I have to log out and log back in cuz if i do not do this. I am unable to join a game. It just keeps trying to laod the game but never goes in. Anyone else have this problem?PrattDog1 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 i cant connect..outage on battle.net please someone help i just got the game installed 2day and cant even play it says outage on battle.netpapaduke3 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 Global Internal Error Fix that works :D All credit goes to Demon for the idea. My guess is that the bliz servers can't handle 2011 (no clue why but that's irrelevant lol). If you put your date as before Jan 1, 2011, it should work. Please tell me if this is only a temporary fix but it works fine for me :)LHyoda9 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 i cant connect..outage on battle.net is any1 having the same problem or does any1 no how to fix this or does any1 no when it will b fixedpapaduke5 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 GLOBAL_INTERNAL_ERROR Fix Just FYI, if you toggle the "Remember Me" box on and off while trying to log in (it should take multiple tries), it'll eventually log you in. More detail here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=181145Sev44 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 bonus pool gone and crashing hi, last night I was at a friends house playing SC2 and had around a 350 bonus pool left. I've played about 5 games today but have been having SC2 issues.. I got bonus points for my wins earlier today but I have been having the "global interal error" or w/e its called problem so I changed the clock on my computer back to 2010 (which seemed to have worked) but when I got on i noticed that my bonus pool ofwhat should have been around 320-340 points was gone. anybody else having this problem? also in the last 2 ladder games I played I got a SC error. I couldn't find an error number though, but I sent the information in. anybody else having this problem? or have any idea how to fix it? this is the first time i've had any problems with the game.Snapper3 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 Graphics will not save When I go to the graphics option and I make everything to ultra and save it reverts back to low. Why is this cause it is really starting to annoy me.Kybuar0 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 Can Blizzard pls help me Every time when I hit the windows key to go to my desktop then I go back to Starcraft 2 again, I have to wait like a minute or two with a black screen until Starcraft 2 pops up. Even when I'm not in a game this still happens. Sometimes when I do this during a game, I drop and I get pretty mad when it's a ranked game.Chantu1 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 Battlenet Weirdness I finally got onto battlenet after countless global_internal_error rejections. Now that I'm on, some things are very odd. All my matchups show 0 bonus points, though I had them yesterday. However, after winning the game, I did still get a bonus. I went to save the replay, and it saved under vs. AI. Lag is low, and supposedly there are 1.5 million people on bnet. But overloaded servers wouldn't cause bonus points not to show or replays to save in the wrong place right?OutOfGum0 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 "Global_Internal_Error" Whats with this? I've tried to log in multiple occasions today but it always gave this message, anyone having the same issue? (I can play single player as a guest but nothing else...)Zach13 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 22 Hours really no update? Did I miss something in this huge maze of posts? Has there been anything in the last 22 hours? This is not Blizzard's MO. OldGuy0 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 Invalid login GLOBAL_INTERNAL_FAILURE Something is wrong with my sc2 i cant login anymore!!! I make sure everything is spelt correctly and it gives me that message. I know im not spelling it wrong, because i wanted to see what it would say if i did type my password wrong and its says the other message for invalid password. So why is it giving me this message global internal failure!!!!....WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!Davenator8 Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 GLOBAL INTERNAL ERROR! global internal error. It says this when I try to log in. Does this have anything to do with the new patch? I really want to play.lunatic5 Jan 2, 2011