Bug Report

Known Issues 3.4 [Updated: 7/13/16] UI and Online New – Sending whispers can state that a player is not online. New – Players can have Undefined MMR in Grandmaster. New – Archon Grandmaster list do not display any members even though players are ranked Grandmaster. New – Players are able to be promoted into Grandmaster after playing less than 10 games. New – Viewing other people's MMR through the division page in the profile shows incorrectly scaled MMR if they've only played one game. New – It's possible for a player and a referee to simultaneously pause the game, requiring both player and referee to resume the game. New – Attempting to watch a replay of an Arcade map can sometimes result in an error. New – Player status in the friends list can sometimes fail to update correctly. New – Players can become stuck in a Versus A.I. queue if a player drops from the party before entering the queue. Remove the player from the party to resolve this issue. New – Players attempting to view a group can be redirected to a different group. New – Some players cannot leave their SC2 clan or group. Navigating to the Arcade Bookmarks can cause an endless loading screen when too many maps are bookmarked.Engine/Game Systems Some players are experiencing performance issues when playing on Train of the Dead Mutation Challenge.Game Content New – Abathur's Swarm Host Locusts do not gain the Biomass buffs when Locusts are spawned via autocast. Kerrigan levels are sometimes lost when using the Heart of the Swarm Master Archives. The enemy units guarding the final beacon do not retaliate against the Zerg forces in the Enemy Intelligence mission. Nova can become invisible if she dies right as you complete the first half of the Enemy Intelligence mission. Completing the Void Campaign sometimes does not unlock the Epilogue missions. Some workarounds are available.Mac Old replays are not being supported.[li]A brief dark flash can rarely appear during the Void Launch Co-Op mission. Huginncord4
Feb 18, 2013
Welcome Thread & FAQ En Taro Tassadar, and welcome to the Starcraft II Bug Report forum! Introduction: The purpose of this forum is to collect issue reports on the Live version of the game. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with the game. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Please be advised that this is not a discussion forum. This forum is a direct line of communication to Blizzard Entertainment's Quality Assurance Department to report issues. Unless a moderator asks for more information, all the critical information of a post should be contained in the subject and first post. Every post will be responded to in some fashion before being locked. When a thread is locked, it means we have sufficient information on the issue and won't require any further assistance. The stickies at the top of the Bug Report Forum contain valuable information to assist you. Please read them before doing anything. Bug Reporting Guidelines: * Supply screenshots and system information where applicable. * Provide as much information as possible; give the unit, map or ability name, and a brief description of the issue you are reporting. * Crash Reporting * Battle.net Bugs * Gameplay Bugs * Graphics Bugs * Please use proper English, do not use slang, abbreviations or other unclear language when describing the issue. We cannot address bug reports that we do not understand. * Create a single thread for each issue, lists of bugs are difficult to track and respond to, if you have multiple bug reports please verify that there are not already threads on them and then post them each in their own thread. Creating a Bug Thread: When reporting a bug, we would like you to take the time and search the forum to see if your issue is already reported. While we won't delete duplicate reports, it will save us time if you know the issue is already posted and do not repost it. Using keywords (such as a unique element of a crash log or a unit name) is a good way to find threads. If you haven't found anything, start a new thread with your issue and put [BUG] in the subject while being as descriptive as possible. Additionally, if you have multiple issues, separate them into different threads. Unique bugs should get unique threads. Try to include steps to reproduce your problem. Be succinct, leave out any opinions on the problem and focus on how best to tell us about it to help resolve the issue. Feedback and Suggestions: We want to hear your feedback but it needs to be placed in the right forum. All suggestion or feedback posts should go on the Gameplay discussion forums. * General Discussion * Terran Dicussion * Protoss Discussion * Zerg Discussion General Rules and Policies: Blizzard Entertainments Forum Code of Conduct Common Confusion Reports Bumping and Spamming: Please do not bump threads or spam new threads on the same issue. All posts in this forum are read by a member of the QA team in the order that it is posted. Bumping threads or spamming new threads on an issue does not help your issue get addressed any faster. Bumping and spamming slows down our process and actually delays bugs getting fixed. Deleting Posts Policy: Posts that have been determined to be Not A Bug, Invalid Issue Reports, duplicates without more information, or other reasonable posts to make on this forum but that have been disproven will be kept for 24 hours before deletion. If the original poster acknowledges his post before that time, it will be deleted immediately. Posts that are extremely off-topic and other posts that do not belong here will be deleted immediately. Deleting invalid posts helps keep the forum clean and organized for QA to sort through. Zenux6
Jul 27, 2010
[Data Request] "Can't Unlock Epilogue" Bug Hello all, In our ongoing efforts to fix the bug that does not unlock the Epilogue after completing the Legacy of the Void Campaign, we're seeking your aid in sending us your Saves folder (yes, the entire folder and it's contents) so we may better research and reproduce the issue so we can investigate a fix. Saves Folder Windows users: Your Accounts folder can be found in your “Documents\Starcraft II\” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Once you've located your Saves folder, please zip(compress) the Saves folder and send the file to: StarcraftBugAttachments@blizzard.com If the compressed file exceeds email attachment size limits, you may use file sharing sites such as Google Drive to upload a compressed (.zip) file and email us the download link. Thank you for time and patience while we resolve this issue! Kelphe0
Apr 12
How to Write a Good Bug Report This guide was written by my good friend Kahzgul, of the WoW Bug Report Forums, and was ported over/maintained/edited by myself, with his consent. I've seen many people posting bugs in this forum that are not clearly written, or - in some cases - even in understandable English. As a 12-year professional in the video game industry, specifically testing, I feel like an adequate authority to help everyone learn how to write a good bug. I have included a sample bug which I will reference from time to time throughout this guide. This sample bug is not real, and never actually happened to me. Please do not mistake this guide for an actual bug report. Why should I bother learning how to write a good bug? The reason for writing a good bug is simple: The faster that the Blizzard testers can understand and reproduce a bug, the faster that bug will get fixed. How do I know that I've found a bug? If you think you've found a bug at all, you should report it. In the worst case, you have actually found a bug, and in the best case, someone will point out that what your experiencing is intended functionality and will (hopefully) explain how to avoid the issue that you're experiencing. Often, bugs will go unreported because people aren't sure if it is "worth" reporting. The fact of the matter is that *every* bug is worth reporting. What just looks like a small graphic error may actually be a quest item underground or a hole in the map. You're making the game better by reporting issues that you've noticed. As a side note, custom user interfaces can cause a variety of issues with the game, so please try to verify that the bug occurs without any custom UI mods loaded. Before you write the bug Do a search of the bug report forum. Make sure that your bug is not already in the forum. If it is, feel free to add any additional information to the existing thread, by try to avoid "me too" posts unless specifically requested by the Blizzard staff. When searching, use keywords that describe the bug as accurately as possible. For example: "Missing item" is not nearly as clear as "Missing 2H Weapon" or even "Missing Weapon." Also, try several searches. If your Missing Weapon search returns nothing like your bug, try searching by your class "Shaman item" or "Shaman weapon" etc. Once you've done a few good searches and are satisfied that your bug is not in the forum, you should post a new issue. Keep in mind that this forum is for the reporting and tracking of in-game bugs, and is *not* any sort of means of fixing the bug or correcting the trouble you encountered. For issue resolution, please contact the customer service forum. What should I title the bug? A bug's title should be a clear, concise description of the issue. Something like "Shaman 2H weapon disappeared" is good. "OMG game brokezor" is not good. Think about what keywords someone might use to search for your bug, and try to include a few in your title. That way, anyone who browses through the forum will instantly know what your bug is, just from the title. Sixen suggests starting your title with a tag to help identify what your post is about: For Gameplay bugs, prefix the thread with [Bug]. For Forum bugs, prefix the thread with [Forum Bug]. For Guides/Notes/Information, prefix the thread with [Guide]. What elements go into a bug description? A bug description contains several important parts: First is the bug description (What happened), second are the steps to reproduce the bug (How do you make the bug happen), and third is any supporting evidence (links to screenshots, etc.). Since this is just a forum, and not a professional bug reporting tool, I don't think that anyone truly expects full research into issues or screenshots, movies, etc. of them. However, the more information that you can provide, the better! It is also sometimes helpful to list the "who" and "where" of a bug as well: Which character(s) expereince the bug and where the bug occurred. Sometimes the "who" and "where" will be what kind of computer and operating system you have, and where in the real world you happen to be located. The "why" is what the developers will find out and fix. (Continued) Sixen36
Jun 3
Bug Attachment Guidelines Greetings Commanders, Cerebrates, and Executors, We are happy to announce that we now have an easier method for submitting requested attachments! From now on we will request that you send your attachments to the email address StarcraftBugAttachments@blizzard.com instead of uploading them to file sharing sites and providing a link. This should help us address your issues more effectively and be less of a headache for you. NEW! - If the requested attachment(s) exceed email attachment size limits, you may use file sharing sites such as Google Drive to upload a compressed (.zip) file and email us the download link. Below are a few guidelines we would like you all to follow when submitting your files and information to us: What to include: A link to your original thread. The requested attachment (nothing else, please). (NOTE: When attaching a replay, please also include the in-game time at which the bug occurred.) A brief description of the issue. The region in which you were playing. The time/date of the occurrence. Commonly requested attachments and how to find them: Screenshots Windows users: Screenshots can be found in your “Documents\Starcraft II\” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Replays Windows users: Replays can be found in your “Documents\Starcraft II\” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...Saves Windows users: Saves can be found in your “Documents\Starcraft II\” folder. An example path might look like this: ... Mac users: ...DXDiag & MSInfo Mac System Info Connection Info How to format a bug attachment email: First, include the name of your thread and the attachment included in the subject line. For the body of the email, start with a link to the thread, your region, then the date and time of the occurrence. After that, please include the bug description and any other pertinent info. It should look something like this: ... Thanks! - Zobrek Zobrek0
Nov 11
Overclocking Notice - Please read! Hello everyone! Before reporting any graphical hardware related issues, or unexplained application/system freezes, please take a moment to read the post by Glaxigrav in our Tech Support forums here: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17084690607 If your card is in fact overclocked, try reverting it to normal operating speeds to see if this resolves your issue. Thanks! - Zobrek Zobrek0
Apr 30, 2015
3h 10h
Zero achievement points on website This website doesn't show my achievement points, I have 6470 points in game and a different portrait etc but on the website I have 0 with the default portrait. This has been an issue for me for 4+ years but only recently I decided to 100% the campaign and I can't share that through the website. HLGgaming2
13h 13h
Cannot chat after games After every game I play, if I try to chat someone they appear offline. At first I thought it was a coincidence and that people were just logging off immediately after the game, but it's been every person I've played with or against for the past couple of weeks. If I try to chat with someone in a chat channel or off my friends list it works. Gaucher, CC: 186 Gaucher3
13h
Coop bugs? Hey folks, wondering if it's just me. Since the new patch it, levels of commanders (Below mastery level) don't display anymore. Shows an orange zero in it's place. I also noticed a steep increase in difficulty since the patch hit. I thought it was just me, but played a normal shuttle mission just now and had a swarm of red hybrid in each wave, and on the last wave there were several leviathans guarding the shuttles. There were also burrowed swarm hosts. None of those things should happen in normal, or at least they've never happened before to me? Normal is playing like hard and in turn, if I had to guess, Hard is playing like brutal? Anyone else noticing this? Xoplex11
13h
Multiplayer queue "Matchmaking queues are currently unavailable, please try again later" Ever since a patch over a month ago, I can only play custom. Please help me fix this, I've tried everything I know. Troll1
13h
Incorrect rank showing up On the shorter view of ranks( Bronze, Silver, Gold, 1-100), I'm told that I am Ranked 3rd in my league, 1v1. When I go into expanded standings, I notice that I am in fact rank 2, by a mile. Anybody else having this problem? Sam1
14h
Load a saved game why cant I load a saved game? also what's up with the stupid birthday cakes GIJOE1
14h
2V2 Team doesn't appear on profile overview Here you can see my Ranked 2V2 Team with my friend Thorprime: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/520886/1/Host/ladder/184633#current-rank It's on the European region and in Heart of the Swarm. On the Battle.net website the team shows up on my profile overview page. http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/520886/1/Host/ Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/XZ0ed0P.png However, in the game it doesn't show up. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/tdl5UOj.png However, on Thorprime's profile overview it does appear. I noticed this problem with other players as well. For example: battlenet://starcraft/profile/2/10965631778244526080 battlenet://starcraft/profile/2/9265805493400502272 Edit: updated ladder link. hawk2
14h
Still no fix for Whisper bug You sure arn't in a hurry, thats for damn sure! Ibstronk1
14h
Recent replays are unwatchable When trying to load a recent replay from before patch 3.4, it says it needs to disconnect from Battle.net, then it says "all data files must be fully downloaded to load this version of the game" and a progress bar fills up, then SCII quits and nothing happens. hawk4
20h
"You must authenticate your account..." Since Tuesday's patch, every time I start the sc2 editor it says I need to authenticate my account. Thus making it impossible to use the editor offline. In previous patches I only needed to do this once, and some patches not at all. somenoob14
21h
[Bug] Patch 3.4 Can't See Liberation Zones Since Patch 3.4, the Liberation zone circles have become near invisible to me during gameplay. While I do play on low settings, I have not changed these settings between pre-Patch 3.4 and post-Patch 3.4. Here is what the Liberation zone circles looked like for me, pre-Patch 3.4: http://imgur.com/uCMk3Rl Here is what the Liberation zone circles now look like for me, post-Patch 3.4: http://imgur.com/p7FRr9B To be clear, the first screenshot was taken today from a replay of a match, dated: 7/10/16, that I played under Patch 3.3 (this is where the game client loads it up and let's you watch offline) and the second screenshot was taken today from a replay of a match, dated: 7/16/16, that I played under Patch 3.4. Now, to anyone who might say at first glance that there are no Liberator zone circles in the second screenshot: look again. The white hashmarks are drastically reduced in both size and intensity. I would say they're about 25% the size and intensity of before. The difference is startling and makes it incredibly very difficult to see now. I have tried a variety of settings, but setting it to Medium settings barely improves it (makes white hashmarks slightly more intense but no larger). It is still way less visible than before. Due to my laptop's deficiencies, I am rather forced to play on Low settings and have done so for years. I know there was a similar bug when Patch 3.3 hit. But this is after Patch 3.4. Please help. AnonymousODG7
21h
Ranked yet Unranked in profile im diamond in 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 but it says im only ranked in 1v1 on my profile nova1
21h
will not let me log in I try to sign in but then it does not let me and it is saying I am logging into wrong region. Zeus2
22h 1d
Cannot unlock Epilogue; Into the Void So I finished the final mission of the main story; Legacy of the Void. At the end it shows the cut scene where Artanis and Karax get contacted by Kerrigan. Then on the main screen it still shows Epilogue Into the Void locked? Why can I not unlock this if I've already finished the final mission in the main story? Can someone help me out here? ACTION115
1d
Victory screen APM reported as "TEAM" Here's what it looks like: http://imgur.com/GAOeo7N There's no replay button, and the same thing happens for technology. Bruce4
1d
Battle.net wont open on Mac Hi Team. Battle.net wont open on Mac OS. Its stuck on the page that says starting battle.net and doesn't do anything further. donny1
18h 1d 1d 1d 2d
Arcade map created with custom game Mods It is possible to create an arcade game with a custom game mod by cycling between Arcade and Multiplayer custom game tab in the menu until it creates a small lag and loads the arcade list into the open game list of the custom game. At that point you will be able to select a map and use the create with mod button. http://i.imgur.com/jsBQ5G2.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vAnDM6U.png http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/general-chat/120435-why-i-can-play-arcade-game-with-mods/ Fenix6
2d 2d 2d 2d 3d 3d
[Bug] Drag scroll causes random camera jumps My hotkey is back mouse button. I've checked for conflicts but I see none. In my hotkey file the only instance of "backmousebutton" is: CameraPush=BackMouseButton It doesn't happen all the time. I'm trying to figure out what causes it but I'm not sure yet. It might be alerts. "Jump to last alert" is bound to mousebutton3. MaxKohler3
3d 3d 3d
Shift Key Lag When playing co-op and multiplayer, using the shift key to que commands causing cursor to lag and/or freeze by several seconds and not register commands. Game continues to play and units still function but cursor is stuck. Several examples are; 1. ordering a protoss probe to build multiple forges, build the first then using shift to place more, the cursor lags/freezes when you hold the shift key. 2. as protoss shift-queuing warp ins from the gateway, the cursor lags/freezes when you hold the shift key. 3. as zerg, the same as 1. above, shift queing the placement of multiple buildings causing the cursor to lag/freeze. GhostWalker1
3d 3d
Tournament, I won, but was eliminated So i finished my game, opponent surrendered, it said the game was still in progress on score screen though, and wouldn't progress the bracket. When the game timed out after 25 minutes or so, it said I was eliminated. after 10 more minutes or so the game is in my match history and shows this: http://puu.sh/qci3p/21b79d71d7.jpg you can see that I won the game, but they went to next game. Darklight1
3d
Heart of the swarm play offline Hi customer service rep, I have got standard version of Heart of the swarm for a while. I have tried and was able to play the game offline. I tried to have a game at offline mode recently, but with no luck. At logon screen, it shows that starter edition cannot play offline. The question is: Has heart of the swarm become starter edition? Your earliest reply is appreciated. Regards, vscsp1
3d
Custom hotkey bug THOR after patch Hello. I cannot change the hotkey of high impact payload on the Thor for the multiplayer. There is no option to deactivate and neither to activate it on the custom hotkeys. Please, can someone help me? I need custom hotkeys to play on multiplayer Seizon9
3d 4d 4d
Low frame rates in game and in menus. 20 fps in the main menu and at the beginning of the matches on extreme settings. Im playing on this hardware: i7 4790k 4.4GHz 16GB DDR3 1866mhz ram Nvidia gtx 970 1920x1080 monitor I should be getting high frame rates, but now the game is running slow. Wutangjewish6
2d 4d 4d
Could Not Connect=Lose Ladder points Easy to check: get a few ladder points, wait until a game will not connect, easier with multiplayer games. Connection fails, points lost. The connection failure typically brings up the orange dialog box. This is on the EU server. The connection fail happens 2/3 games, maybe more. The result is that there is no point being in the league: after 12 wins I had 12 points, due to the fact I lose points every time a connection failure. This makes the whole league system a farce HermesThoth5
4d