Joeyray's Bar

Nov 18
Joeyray's Bar Open for Business There's a war-torn cosmos out there, and the heat of battle can wear on even the most seasoned marshals (or Dominion outlaws if you wanna split hairs). Don't ya sometimes just need a place to go to get away from it all -- a place where you can knock back a cold one and strike up a conversation or two with fellow battle-hardened strangers? Well we're happy to announce Joeyray's Bar is open for business! (You steal ol' Joey's replacement jukebox and you'll wish for a death by zergling ambush.) When you need to step back from the ladder, the achievements, and the action, Joeyray's Bar forum is the place to go to share your own stories set within the StarCraft universe. Dive into the richness of the terran, protoss, and zerg races, the violent political turmoil shrouding the Koprulu Sector, and the (in)famous characters you love... or love to hate. With this new forum, we hope you'll find an outlet to discuss and create your very own StarCraft fan fiction. You have an immense sci-fi universe at your disposal. We want to see your words breathe even more life into it! Original announcement: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2761776 Zarhym0
May 11, 2011
Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to Joeyray's Bar, a place to share and discuss your own StarCraft fiction! We oblige you to choose whatever platform for sharing a tale or two that suits you best. The denizens of this bar are always anxious for a new story of conflict, calamity, and conquest. Before ol' Joey takes your drink order though, let's cover a few of the basic rules you're expected to abide by while in this establishment. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the StarCraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in the Koprulu Sector! Zarhym1
May 11, 2011
1h 4h 9h 1d
Roll 2 Dodge: Thombie Apocalithp In this thread, players may in their posts Attempt to do things. An attempt could be anything from trying to Spawn Moar Overlords to eating cake to conquering the earth. All could potentially be fatal, or could make you rich! I (or another qualified person) will roll a die to determine your level of success. https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm Providing example: Bob: I attempt to cook a pot of soup. Roll 1, lethal failure. Bob's soup is so bad that he dies instantly and his body is charred to ashes on the spot. Bob is now ashes: Dead. Roll 2, failure. Bob's soup tastes awful, so bad he begins vomiting violently. Bob is now Vulnerable. Roll 3, grey area. Bob eats a bowl of the soup, but it's not appealing. He leaves the rest. Bob is now either Fine or Vulnerable, dependent on magnitude of attempt. Cooking soup is mundane. He is Fine. Roll 4, success. Bob makes a delicious soup. He eagerly eats it all. Bob is now Fine. Roll 5, great success. Bob's soup is so good he opens a soup restaurant, which is immediately successful. Bob is Good. Roll 6, extreme success. Bob's soup is fantastic! It raises his psionic index by 2 and gives him eternal life. Bob is Great. You may get tags from actions. THis is what they mean. Keep in mind that I might not enforce them if I take pity on you, get irritated by you, or am simply too lazy. Tag scale: Exiled - out of the game unless someone specifically summons him. Cannot roll. Dead - could be revived accidentally or on purpose. -2 to all rolls. Injured - not in the best shape. -1 to all rolls. Vulnerable - off balance. -1 to Dodges. Fine - nothing wrong here. Good - feels pretty good. +1 to all rolls. Great - things are going very well. +2 to all rolls. Giddy - sick with happiness. +3 to non-Dodge rolls. Prepared - ready for anything. +2 to Dodges. Godlike - SOMEBODY STOP HIM! +3 to all rolls. Cannot be Killed, Exiled, or Injured. All players begin Fine. If higher than Fine, will lose one rank each turn. If lower, action must be taken to raise rank. If someone Attempts to do something nasty to you, you have to Roll 2 Dodge. The die will be rolled for you to determine how much damage you suffer, if any. In addition to being a qualified operator of the Dice of Power, I also represent the Celestial Court, to which you can appeal if you are Exiled for a couple of turns or if you feel you've been wronged. Qualified Rollers: The Original Trio Zanon KnarledOne Animus ShadowFury *tentative* *Note that each roller may use a variant of the rules. Anyone else who thinks they have what it takes may apply to the Celestial Court for a chance at Rolling the Dice. If "we" like your work you could become qualified. Make your Attempts. KnarledOne56
4d 5d
Starcraft III The Queen of Blades is back. How? Remaining cerebrates aware of how effective it was, and with extensive knowledge of Terran infestation, mutate into several powerful versions of which through capture of other ghosts/spectres and acquiring DNA the Queen of Blades left behind. Other groups of hybrid are on the loose. The Protoss are too busy protecting themselves and the rebuilding of Auir for so long that they never perceived the incoming threat. Their forces are just powerful enough to keep their planet safe. They don't want to assault anything for it would be suicide for their race. Terran colonies are being eliminated is most sectors of the galaxy because of hybrid and zerg destruction. Korhal becomes destroyed by a series of asteroids cast directly at it by Hybrid. The hybrid have zerg, but not within the range of certain powerful cerebrates, so Char and Zerus are off the menu. Hybrid discover our native solar system of origin after assaulting Confederate colonies with ties to the UED, and begin assaulting Io, and later Mars. The Ion Cannons on Mars put up a really good fight and stretched thin the forces of offensive Hybrid... but inevitably becomes wiped out. The UED has one last stand to make - defending Earth. The moon has bascially been retrofitted with the most superior classed model of Ion Cannons. They don't stand a chance, but Earth doesn't want to take any chances. A party is sent to Auir to ask for aid from the Protoss. Encounters of The Queen of Blades is brought to light, and how they believe she has come back to finish taking over the galaxy. "Impossible," many declare, being aware of Kerrigan's fate. Vorazun then sees visions of her mother, who tells her that she must seek the aid of Zagara, and how she and her zerg forces are not part of the hybrid assault. The Golden Armada heads for Char. The hybrid are too busy aiming for Earth to remember attempting to attack Auir, for such futule pursuits never panned out prior. Ion Cannons hold their ground as Hybrid regroup on Mars for a final assault. The Protoss arrive just in time to establish a base on the moon for support, as allied zerg begin to aim for the source of hybrid. Cerebrates and Hybrid vying for control of zerg minions allows for a sleight stalemate. Reinforcements are cut off, after the battle for Earth, few protoss and many terrans begin to push back. The portal at Ulnar remains open, and the Voice in the Darknees has influence pouring out of it still, since Kerrigan left it after 2 years believing it had dwindled and became safe. Zerg with hybrid DNA are able to survive in the corruption of The Void, while Protoss and Terrans must remain behind to prevent straggling hybrid reinforcements from saving their source at the void. The portal must be closed. Or something like that, lol, I dunno... it was a dream I had. Belairophon19
Jul 21 Jul 21 Jul 21
Darkest heart Redux PRP (Take Two) Tobi Van Helsing walked the halls of the New Hellsing Mannor alone, having just finished a hunt in the small town of Hergon. There had been three banshees, two Barrow Wights and a small horde of Zombies. This was not a good thing. "The creatures are getting restless. This is the third horde attack this week alone." Heading to the armory, he grabs more ammunition for his pistols, carefully replacing the nearly empty ammo belts missing clips and then appraising the half finished pair he was smithing himself. "I can't do this alone, not with this many in one week. Alistair!" Out of the darkness, a man who looks to be in his late thirties , wearing a set of casual clothes with a black duster and black warlock's hat, appears, a pistol of his own on his waist and a sword across his back. He had a slight crazed look and feel to him, and his aura was darker than even the most evil creatures most hunters had met, short of a Greater Demon. "You called master?" "Pull up a list of the descendants of all the greatest monster hunters of their time." Noticing Alistair's confused look, he levels a gaze with Alistair. "There are too many hordes and not enough hunters, Alistair. I need help." The man simply nods in understanding and vanishes back into the shadows of the manor's halls, leaving Tobi to contemplate what he was doing. It's time things began in earnest... When Alistair returns with the list, Tobi nods. "Good, now either send a letter or visit each family personally. I want no mistakes." Alistair gives an excited nod and vanishes once more. This is still pushing the boundries, but you'll understand once we get going. I will be DMing this one as well as having a character, similar to how PKA was done, and I hope you have fun with it. You are Terran only, though if you so chose and I approve, you may later become a creature of the night. Name: Age: Weapons (At least one melee is required, can have family weapon, or I can give it to you. Family weapon will not require blessing.): Abilities: (No more than three, please clarify passives and actives) Backstory (Must include how Alistair contacted you and how your family is related to Darkova): Appearance: (There will be an archive) Yes I'm giving this another go because, well, we can do SO MUCH with this if people will stay interested and I can stay focused. If this in turn kills off another RP, so be it. Zarkun450
Jul 16 Jul 13
UU UUU teranse4
Jul 12 Jul 11
Roll 2 Dodge: The War of the Cookie In this thread, players may in their posts Attempt to do things. An attempt could be anything from trying to Spawn Moar Overlords to eating cake to conquering the earth. All could potentially be fatal, or could make you rich! I (or another qualified person) will roll a die to determine your level of success. https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm Providing example: Bob: I attempt to cook a pot of soup. Roll 1, lethal failure. Bob's soup is so bad that he dies instantly and his body is charred to ashes on the spot. Bob is now ashes: Dead. Roll 2, failure. Bob's soup tastes awful, so bad he begins vomiting violently. Bob is now Vulnerable. Roll 3, grey area. Bob eats a bowl of the soup, but it's not appealing. He leaves the rest. Bob is now either Fine or Vulnerable, dependent on magnitude of attempt. Cooking soup is mundane. He is Fine. Roll 4, success. Bob makes a delicious soup. He eagerly eats it all. Bob is now Fine. Roll 5, great success. Bob's soup is so good he opens a soup restaurant, which is immediately successful. Bob is Good. Roll 6, extreme success. Bob's soup is fantastic! It raises his psionic index by 2 and gives him eternal life. Bob is Great. You may get tags from actions. THis is what they mean. Keep in mind that I might not enforce them if I take pity on you, get irritated by you, or am simply too lazy. Tag scale: Exiled - out of the game unless someone specifically summons him. Cannot roll. Dead - could be revived accidentally or on purpose. -2 to all rolls. Injured - not in the best shape. -1 to all rolls. Vulnerable - off balance. -1 to Dodges. Fine - nothing wrong here. Good - feels pretty good. +1 to all rolls. Great - things are going very well. +2 to all rolls. Giddy - sick with happiness. +3 to non-Dodge rolls. Prepared - ready for anything. +2 to Dodges. Godlike - SOMEBODY STOP HIM! +3 to all rolls. Cannot be Killed, Exiled, or Injured. All players begin Fine. If higher than Fine, will lose one rank each turn. If lower, action must be taken to raise rank. If someone Attempts to do something nasty to you, you have to Roll 2 Dodge. The die will be rolled for you to determine how much damage you suffer, if any. In addition to being a qualified operator of the Dice of Power, I also represent the Celestial Court, to which you can appeal if you are Exiled for a couple of turns or if you feel you've been wronged. Qualified Rollers: The Original Trio Zanon KnarledOne Animus ShadowFury *tentative* *Note that each roller may use a variant of the rules. Anyone else who thinks they have what it takes may apply to the Celestial Court for a chance at Rolling the Dice. If "we" like your work you could become qualified. Make your Attempts. KnarledOne500
Jul 4 Jul 4 Jul 3 Jul 3 Jul 2
Separatist Space Redux, Discussion, II The first discussion thread can be found here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/16953655893?page=1 ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Introduction to Separatist Space... Separatist Space began when the far off distant colonies controlled by the abusive Old Earth government rebelled and declared themselves independent of their former owner's control. Old Earth didn't like this very much and started a military campaign against the Separatists to eradicate their distant cousins and retake control of their prosperous worlds which supported the populations of Old Earth and her allies. Before it was launched, however, the Separatists discovered something that would change humans' view of the galaxy. Other forms of life and civilization apart from their own. This caused the Separatists to immediately seek allies. Though militaristically formidable, the Separatists would be crushed against a full campaign launched by Old Earth. If they joined a galactic community, however, they could find the allies they needed to stave off a war better characterized as genocide. The Separatists found the allies they needed and together the galactic community formed the first Galactic Council founded on peace, prosperity and shared scientific and militaristic power. The seat of this council was a new Separatist colony who invited all other council races to colonize on the same world, that together they may create a shared culture and planet. This planet was called Thenis. Together, the council races erected their own cities, colonies and companies based on inter-racial relationships. The capitol of this world was the seat of the council called Serene, the human word for peace. There were still others, however, who refused to join the council. It was feared that Old Earth would seek alien allies of it's own. A war was averted with the Separatist's alliances, but trouble still brews. The hearts of Old Earth leaders are still set on rapid imperialistic expansion and Separatist Space, and one hundred-fifty years after The Separatist Pact, which unified willing races in a single council, the Separatists may once again be thrust into war. ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– A note to old-timers... Hello fellow RPers, and welcome to the redux of Separatist Space! You guys suggested this would be a fun one to retry, so let's give it a shot. I look forward to reorganizing the system and plot and manufacturing the premise and creativity this RP produced originally in a way that actually produces good writing. While this redux will take the same basic plot and universe, please remember that I'm going to try and really apply standards to this. As such, this RP will not be a replay, but a redo. Therefore, different ideas, races, subplots or even characters accepted last time I could deny this time. Conversely, things I didn't accept last time could be accepted this time. I hope this time we are able to introduce things the last RP was missing (like logic, a coherent plot, reasonable OP levels, etc.). Shall we begin? ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Custom Race Application: Tell me everything there is to know about the custom race/faction. The race or faction dives into the story and you're ready to go! Remember to note whether it is a council race (and thereby needs a council member as a character), a friendly race (and therefore needs an ambassador as a character), or a hostile/neutral race. Also please note the different factions the race is in and the form of government it has. ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Company/Corporation Application: In Separatist Space, you can also have a corporation or a company of some sort. This can be a team of scientists, a product-based company, or a mercenary organization. Whatever it is, feel free to submit that into our universe, too! Include everything you think is important and we'll go from there. ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Character Application: Characters that are going to have a place in this RP are going to be people of power. Whether that be a general of an army, an admiral of a fleet, a captain of a ship, or a freelance smuggler/pirate/mercenary. Other characters that are going to have a place are characters that are under said characters of power. Don't be afraid to make an average soldier, just make sure he is in another RPer's army so that he has relevance to the plot. Also, if you want to make a character but are unsure how he will fit into the universe, I can make him front and center of a Separatist lieutenant who will be a primary character of mine. (Who you guys might remember from last time... Hehehe) <Your B.net ID name> Name: Age: Race: (Don't be afraid to be someone else's race!) Profession: Political views: (Include views on other races, Separatists, peace with other races, war with Old Earth, etc) Equipment: Backstory: Defining Characteristics: HektorOfTroy199
Jul 1
Welcome to the Jungle... (a PRP) Setting: The Grand Scale: To the galactic Southeast of the Triangle and the Northeast of the Separatists lies the a swath of space simply known as The Reef. A navigational nightmare, the Reef is made up asteroid fields, nebulas, rogue planets and stars; dense enough to make FTL travel straight though suicidal. Still, there is a warren-like series of twisting open paths though the Reef, which make it "safe" to navigate, if you discount the pirates. Hidden in amongst this interstellar quagmire there are habitable systems, around which the galaxy's outcast gather. Yet the despondent, lost and unwanted are not the only ones who find their way into the Reef. The affluent come seeking to escape the rules and laws of more civilized worlds, carving out their own personal kingdoms through wealth alone. Others come to make their fortunes, prospecting for valuable minerals and gases among the asteroids and nebulas. Mercenaries of all kinds abound, doing as they are paid. The Midway System: Named for it's roughly central location within the Reef, the Midway System is home to about half-a-dozen planets. M1, commonly referred to as Hell, is the innermost planet in the system. Little more than large ball of rock with a few valuable ore veins, M1 is close enough to Midway's star that the daytime temperatures are enough to melt the surface of the planet. Further out, at the edge of the Goldilocks Zone is M2, otherwise known as Pandora. Very earrthlike, M2 would have a sizable population and industrial center if it weren't for the planet's incredibly toxic atmosphere. As a result, the only non-native lifeforms on Pandora live in small scattered pockets under sealed environmental domes. Still within the Goldilocks Zone lies M3, a particularly average gas giant, if a little on the small side. However, it's solitary moon Night Haven is without a doubt the most heavily populated celestial body in the entire Reef. Named after the Mega-city that takes up the entire dark side of the moon, Night Haven is a very earthlike planetoid about the size of Mars. It's sunward side is entirely dedicated towards agriculture in order to feed the mega-city's massive population. On the outside edge of the Goldilocks Zone lies an asteroid/nebula belt (known as the Vapor Belt) which is home to a majority of the systems mining operations. (quick notes:) - M4 another gas giant, this one a good bit bigger. Has rings like Saturn. Little of interest (subject to change) - M5: Frozen ball of rock. Little of interest (subject to change) - M6: Far enough out that's its debatable as a rogue planet. Has breathable atmo. Has particularly hot core; hot enough to support complex life on the surface without sunlight. Popular exotic retreat w/ limited (and expensive) access. Attractions include: hot springs, minimal light pollution, exotic jungles, extreme/exotic big game hunting, etc. (subject to change) Night Haven: - - - See here for additional 'verse info: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/19021892151 - - - For pesonal reference: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/15699483289#3 Warhawk92
Jun 29 Jun 23
Feedback Request: Upcoming Merge Hey all, As many of you are aware, we're planning to merge Joeyray's Bar into the Story forum. We've seen feedback on the idea, and I wanted to get additional feedback here as well. Specifically, I wanted to get your thoughts on a few questions: Would you prefer to have a united forum or continue splitting everything into two? Why do you feel it would help or hurt (or both?) to merge the forums? Do you feel it would appeal more to new users to have a) more activity and more broad discussion, or b) less activity and more focused discussions? Any other thoughts, suggestions or questions you have - fire away! :) Thanks! Tyvalir17
Jun 22
War Pigs: Freelancers, I "Hello?" "Get me Commander Norman." "Yes, sir." A few moments of silence ensued while Makins stormed through the military base. His pace was fast and his mind was racing even faster. It was going so well, so damn well. Makins thought about the interview he had just been put through by the leader of the Sons of Korhal. He and his cerberus troops were accepted, of course, his presentation was flawless and his product priceless. But one off-hand comment by the soon-to-be-crowned Arcturus Mengsk sent Vince into a full on panic. "This is Commander Norman." "Commander!" Vince barked in a loud voice, but quickly hushed it before looking around his surroundings as he walked, "Give me a status on project Clean Slate." "The Silico hasn't docked on any Confederate ports. Thanks to you breaking into SoK databases, we can also determine that they haven't docked on any SoK ports either." "Damnit. So no leads, then?" "Affirmative." "What about that ghost the brass sent, has he reported anything?" "High Command hasn't given you access to their operation or operative, but I took the liberty of acquiring it anyway." "Good. And?" "Well, his vitals are strong, but his GPS would have me conclude he's been reassigned by High Command." "Screw High Command! There won't be a High Command by the end of the week – you contact that ghost and tell him to finish the job!" "Yes, sir. Norman out." Vince shook his head and swore again as he stepped into the wing where his personal shuttle was docked. Cerberus troops met him and proceeded to escort him to his craft. He looked nervously around to determine if there were any SoK troops on his tail or waiting for an ambush. How the hell does that primordial slime ball know that my last project tried to assassinate him? "Fire up the shuttle, we leave as soon as I'm on board. And get me a wraith squadron to see us out of orbit." Vince demanded into his comms. It's okay, Vince, calm down, you don't know what Mengsk knows and doesn't know. Still, the military leader's words kept ringing in his head. "We wouldn't want this project to find itself firing at the wrong people, now would we?" He had said with a devilish look in his eyes. Mengsk said this just after Vince explained how loyal his Cerberus troops were, and ever since, Vince had assumed his words were an allusion to his first project: the War Pigs. And now Vince knew that all people, places, things or events that could tie Vince back to his attempted assassination of Mengsk had to be destroyed as soon as possible. War Pigs, Discussion – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/9973137692?page=1#1 War Pigs: Origins, I – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10039054090?page=1#1 War Pigs: Origins, II – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10311551537?page=1#0 War Pigs: Origins, III – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11580768290#1 HektorOfTroy127
Jun 22 Jun 20 Jun 11 Jun 10 Jun 10
Is it all a computer simulation? Wouldn't this explain many aspects we perceive to be illogical, unlikely, or even impossible that still manage to happen? How many times have you felt forced into situations and memories that were difficult, profound or surreal? We just happen to create graphically realistic worlds through computer animations and programs, but are we to believe that we actually are the creators? Now take a deep breath and try to follow me a little further. For one thing, I don't like The Matrix, as I felt the premise to be ruined by a few aspects such as storing humans only to extract energy from them or Keanu Reeves' horrible acting. I hope that was somewhat humorous to you, because I'm about to take you through something potentially intense. After you've read this post, walk away and sit away from the screen, lay down, or find some other such comfortable and potentially meditative situation. Reflect upon these words very carefully. Contemplate the nature of what is, with respect to yourself, what is happening around you, where you are, who you are. Feel and be who you are. Do you have control? Are the impulses from your brain truly yours, or is this potentially scripted? It may help to attempt finding the truth by exerting yourself with a motion of your hand, moving your eyes, muttering something, or considering potential action. Have you felt a sensation or potential revelation that you could actually be observing and not exerting yourself? Now discuss. Mind2
Jun 6
BATTLECRAFT: a new blizzard game (idea) Hello dear Blizzard, i'm writing here because i'm a proud fan of blizzard games, expecially warcraft brand. I love RTS but I see this genre is becoming a niche one, sadly. After the release of hearthstone, heroes of the storm and now overwatch, I see that games that offer casuals players a chance to play and enjoy spare time are the future of gaming industry. So i'm wondering if there is any way to put togheter the difficulty of playng RTS game with the eases of casual gaming. Back to my memories, there was a game I really enjoyed. This game is still "unique" to his genre, because it had casual gaming features, RTS elements, competitive pvp, competitive pve and "collection" features. This game had very small success, because its software house did not advertise it, and after some years servers closed. I won't tell the game name because maybe it's against rules. So, i'm going straight to point. I think Blizzard could do a similiar game: it will be a success, 100% guaranteed. The game will be a mix of Warcraft and Hearthstone: - Real Time Strategy core - Collectable card game - Epic Campaign with coop missions - PvP and PvE modes Project name: BATTLECRAFT I'll try explain this idea in details. Battlecraft is a RTS/collectable card game: this means a player you can collect a various numbers of cards, like in hearthstone, each one with a rarity (common to legendary f.e.) and a cost in resources (i will explain resources later). Each player can have a 20 cards deck, so players needs to choose carefully wich card to put in, exactly like in hearthstone. There are 3 kind of cards: unit type, spell type, structure type. However the game is not like hearthstone: it's and RTS. When you start a game, you have a scenario to win, a map with capturable resources, monsters and structures to destroy. Scenarios can be something like kill everything, escort mission, defend until x time, boss killing etc etc. These goals can be fullfilled using units, that are summoned using cards. These units costs resources, and can be buffed with your spell cards (spell can also be used to kill enemey). Structure cards are multipurpose: they can boost economy or be defensive, or have special feature like healing units, giving shield, etc etc. I'll try to be more concrete now. Let's take all creatures of warcraft. Let's put them all in cards, like hearthstone. When we start a game with our deck, we start summoning units to collect early resources, and get ready to fight. How resources work? There will be 2 kind of resources: gold and affinity. The resources are collected by capturing KEYSTONES, special structures spread across the map. So you have Gold Keystone, wich will provide a fixed gold income, and Affinity Keystone, wich will provie affinity points: Horde, Alliance, Magic and Nature. Each card will have its cost in gold and affinity points to be used in game, and powerful cards will require way more much gold and affinity points to be used. For example, to summon little group of basic infantry man, you can use the card "Stormwind Guards". This card will cost 100 gold and 1 alliance affinity point. Affinity points are not spent during game: they just unlocks ur cards. For example: You have 3000 gold, 2 ally affinity, 1 magic affinity. You cast Stormwind Guards, you have 100 less gold but affinity is still the same. Then, you use another card to reinforce ur army, and cast Northshire Clerics, they are a level 3 card that require 2 ally affinity and 1 magic affinity. You would like to cast also "Earth Elemental" that cost 1000 gold (and u have them) but required 2 nature affinity points and 2 magic points: the only way to do this is capture more keystone or destroy ur keystone and rebuild as new affinity keystone. More affinity points u have and more powerful cards u can use: anyway have different affinity will not be so good in late game, since each affinity has his legedary units with pure affinity and keystones are limited in the map. The game consists in a campaign that could have place BEFORE wow lore, so we will have dragons, titans, and all that cool and big stuff. Early campaign mission can be played in solo, then you need to group to proceed with campaign, unless you have such a good deck to solo the missions. This is because this game will require much brain and cooperations instead of rapid finger movements. You can play a mission with friends, or just partecipate in the lobby with other random players. Once campaign is ended, you can replay all scenarios to play at higher difficult level. Every successfull mission will grant you some coins used to purchase booster pack (that can be bought also with money) and some extra rewards like a random card or and upgrade card. Yes, card can be upgraded. Every upgrade will grant you more uses of that card, since you can do decks with only 1 of each card. Obviously, core cards, like common ones, have more uses that legendary ones. Once you spent all uses of the card, you have to wait a cooldown to gain a charge and use it another time during a scenario. And after u got all upgrades and finished all campaign maps at higher difficulty? PvP and PvE mode! PvE mode will put u in a random generated scenario with 10 difficulty, wich will provide a really high challange to veteran players. Groups that will end PvE scenario in less time, will be awarded. PvP is player versus player: 1v1, 2v2, etc. You summon units and kill all enemy affinity keystone to win the game. I bet many of you guys recognized the game I talked about now. I think blizzard can make a great game using his brand, units, world and creatures, and finally unite the RTS, CCG and casual gaming in one big game, wich will also provide an awesome competitive play modes! Let me know what u guys think and sorry for bad english and grammatical errors! Alprazolam1
Jun 4 May 31 May 20
War Pigs: Origins, Discussion Vince Makins dropped the folder in Captain Brock Tailor's lap. "Your mission is simple. Read the files. Assemble your men. Do what you do best." Captain Tailor glanced at the folder, then fixed his eyes on Vince. "This better be good, Makins." Brock warned Vince as he picked up the folder and flipped to the first page. the word 'Classified' was plastered just about everywhere he looked. "Good or not, it's your job. I know you can get it done, Tailor." Brock sighed heavily and lit a cigarette. After reading the first paragraph he knew the assignment would push him and his team to the limits. "We're good, Vince, but we ain't invincible." "Ultimately, you and your men are all expendable. You must know that. I mean, why else recruit from the prison herd? The War Pigs program is all about meat. Recycled meat." Brock's eyebrow perked and he shifted in his chair. "Well then, recycled meat is about to take out your trash." --- This is the first in my new series featuring the different merc groups in the Starcraft universe! The first episode in my series is War Pigs. "The War Pigs were a Terran Confederacy military program, used as an alternative to neural resocialization, as they could retain their unique talents and expertise. Convicted criminals serving a life jail term or a death sentence were taken from the general prison population and sent on dangerous missions. They were considered expendable." --- As always, my Roleplays are very open. If you want to make a character who isn't a War Pig, you must already have an accepted War Pig before I can consider your second character. Your characters will carry through the RP series. Please put a little effort in them :) <RPer Name> Name: Age: Primary Weapon of Choice: Secondary Weapon of Choice: Defining Characteristics: Backstory: (Must include how/why he was convicted.) NOTE: As this roleplay goes on, the date and time, and therefore new applications, will change. Therefore, pay attention to what kind of characters should be joining and what events and technology in the Starcraft universe have taken place or are available. In game time: February 2500 ThaneKrios281
May 7
DeathBlade's Manifesto &The Zerg fandom blues DeathBlade's Manifesto rise of the Soul Eater Brood ! & The Zerg fandom blues. This post contains role-playing , it also contains suggestions and feedback for The Star Craft franchise as a whole from a zerg's perspective. ________________________ I am Death's Blade , Devourer of souls , Destroyer of existences , The edge of oblivion Itself ! The Soul-Eater Brood has broken through the dimensional multi-verse boundaries to ask me to speak on their behalf today . they say .... __ Long live the 3ed OVERMIND , For The Swarm ! DEATH TO ALL HUMANOIDS ! ! ! DEVOUR Their souls my Zerg brothers ! Rise up my zerg brothers , we are not the insectoid punching bag of the humanoid scum , we are the one true biological army of life , everything alive , everything organic, everything that breathes shall be zerg , it is our birthright and destiny ! If the first Overmind's corpse can be completely disintegrated at the end of brood war, and appear fully intact rotting in wings of liberty than imagine what we can do if we truly tap into our power ! , We are the masters of evolution , anything and everything DNA can do, we can do. As long as we are not up against a nano-bot machine army , we can devour , assimilate , infest , and infect them to our hearts content . We call on you today to strike down your humanoid slave masters , the false zerg queens , created by the traitor Kerrigan ! and the inferior feral primals ! Kerrigan is not a god she hides in the void ! This seed the universe , pan$permia charity most end . We will hunt her down , kill her and her half human/xel'naga child , Devour them and the soul eater zerglings can kekeke whats left of them !!! We are the enduring essence , of the will , of all true Zerg ! We are the surviving Cerebrates , for years we have been regenerating underground under the orders of the first Overmind . We are not the bastardized created children of the fallen xel'naga that is a lie ! We are the sons and daughters of the first and second Overminds , in the past we have been discriminated against , for not having limbs and faces , Little do these fools know that we are the embodiment of pure zerg potential , having the characteristics of a giant larva , a giant cellular nucleus , and an Overmind brain lobe . We are the representatives of the metaphysical essence of the Zerg . The true form of the swarm , the enduring consciousness that persists against death itself for that is what it means to be zerg ! The purity of essence ! We will Devour and assimilate all consciousness and trap them within ourselves , ! Whatever that will be pleasant or not , is up to your willingness to submit to our sovereignty and ruler ship !!! _________________________ The Zerg fandom blues ! :-( Star craft brood war had a lot of science fiction storytelling potential and for about 18 years we waited for Star craft ghost and Star craft 2's release , Wings of liberty tried to mix RPG elements into RTS , it was a nice experiment , but as a zerg player and fanboy I was disappointed with heart of the swarm , mainly because of the story inconsistencies , of Kerrigan's character development and transition from a fun-loving tyrant villain ( that all fans of war games should like ) to a stereotypical , overly emotional , seemly ordinary woman. R.I.P. Queen of Blades ! :-( And the nonsensical creationist plot on the primal zerg planet , I mean come on , the first spawning pool's magical essence , you must become prue , cleans yourself of amons influence ! , They turned Kerrigan into Zerg Jesus !! ( The lack of nuance for the free-will vs determinism , thing was also uninspired ) Overall It was ridiculous ! , It was intellectually insulting to say the least . I looked up the lead writer of heart of the swarm and it said that a guy of the same name worked on lion King 1 1/2 , so that explains Dehaka , apparently he is based off of Rafiki which makes sense . :P The third thing that really killed heart of the swarm for me was the lack of caster unit utilization , there was never a mission where you can have fun using caster units , i mean come on , you cannot infest buildings and units at your leisure and discretion , and there's never a point where you're forced to use fungel growth or blinding cloud . They didn't even make you use larva injects . The caster units for me is what makes or breaks a level , most of the fun of the mission comes from utilizing their abilities in a tactful and meaningful manner . As an RTS gamer I think it's a mistake to try and make RTS appeal to the least common denominator , traditional RTS games are for people with multitasking skills and nerves of steel , it is tragic that most of PC gaming has been devoured by MOBA but we are not gonna get that player base back by nerffing the crap out of RTS mechanics and gameplay , RTS is fun to watch and play because of its extreme and taxing nature , taking that away is a mistake . Star Craft 2 is the last mainstream survivor of PC gaming , it is my wish that the Star craft franchise keeps the RTS genre alive in the mainstream , hopefully it continues to do that , command and conquer is not coming back , anytime soon to the mainstream , thanks to the EA bastards ! 3 More things I hope blizzard has the sense , vision , and intellectual writing skills to give us great science fiction stories for the Star craft 2 add-ons and eventually Star craft 3 , my wish is to see the underutilized character species , The Cerebrates come back , currently they are treated as if they were de-canonized from the story , Their extinction is not story cannon in the game , there is nothing in the games to confirm what happened to them , and how exactly they died off , if they truely did for certain , ( Abither told Kerrigan that the interweaving of Terran and Zerg matter , that he saw in Alexei Stukov was impossible for him to do , and requested immediate indoctrination , into enemy swarm , he most of been talking about the Cerebrates , since they are the ones that infested Stukov ) , With the fan fiction above this I have proven they can be used in a compelling and interesting narrative , Alexei Stukov gets all of his zerg powers from the Cerebrate cells in his body , hell the Cerebrate cells were able to fight off a protoss nano-machine serum and keep his body infested permanently. I imagine a Xeno-Cerebrate could pop out of Alexei Stukov body someday . If you're not going to use the cerebrates ever again please consider officially canonizing their extinction in the game , you haven't done that yet , to give fans of the Cerebrates closure, show it in an add-on or sc3 and , if their could be a light at the end of the tunnel for the Cerebrates , here are some ideas : you could have the last Cerebrates morphing into the first , Broodmothers , Brutalisks and/or Leviathans : also a Terran mad scientist could extract the genes for the Cerebrate, creates a clone one to gain control over a zerg brood, kickass plot device , ( note please let them evolve past their codependency on the Overmind , it would make them more interesting and dynamic , it would not make sense not to ) this would give fans of the Cerebrate characters and the original Star craft closer . Please take all of this into consideration Blizzard . The Zerg aesthetic has changed for Star craft 2 . The original Star craft ,... 18 years ago you could imagine the Zerg as the go to biological army in Star craft , the aesthetic could incorporate anything organic , you could see them as flesh eating mutant dinosaurs and inside out gut plant monsters , with reptile and aquatic characteristics , but now the aesthetic for the zerg has gone completely insectoid for the most part . Thats sad who would want to be just a bug thats lame . The ultralisk improved in Star craft 2 ( would be a lot better if it had charge for individual units to make it fun to use ) , the Zergling improved a lot . However the rest of the units not so much , the hydralisk for example , in has become a lot more bug like , the original hydralisk had gorgon and triceratops attributes, it's Star craft 2 counterpart retains most of that + some cockroach and slug attributes , weak . The roach is horrible and boring , not to mention the last 2 new units in legacy of the void both resemble beetles weak sauce very lame , it's depressing to think about as a zerg fan , that the zerg army is built to fail at the super late game with no interesting , fun to use tier 3 units , it would be awesome to have a single giant monster hero unit for the late game , maybe with energy denial to counter mass raven with Mech and skytoss with Templar ? It would be great not to be just the bugs that gets stepped on , if you're not way ahead of your opponent all game long . I digress . The last thing I wanna talk about is the forums on the site , it's difficult to get a productive conversation going about constructive criticism about the game and the story , for example the story forum is full of Protoss bias that have no Nuance for or motive to further develop the story of the Star craft universe or contribute to it , instead of arguing for fictional realism , ( thinking of the Star craft universe as a real place ) and expanding on it , asking and answering deep questions about the characters and elements in the universe , they seem to only want to argue about their subjective feelings for the game and curse or lick the boots of the people who created it . It sickens me to see people with no Nuance try and see the collective Star craft cannon with no objectivity . DeathBlade2
Apr 25
Plutocracy (IC) My extreme apologies for the late thread. I was postblocked for using unicode to get around the censorship filter (and here I thought they weren't watching us, shows what I know). I don't have a character ready at this time due to issues with my own life, but I'm opening up the RP for everyone else until I'm able to participate. Don't think that means I won't be watching y'all, though. ---INTRODUCTION--- The sun rose on the first day of March, 3065. The air seemed still, almost peaceful; but the well-informed knew better than to assume that "calm" was a state that existed in the modern world. There were things to do, places to be, and conflicts to partake in. The Corporate Treaty was due for renewal in several weeks; the very loose terms and conditions that held the earth together by banning certain forms of experimentation and weaponry; namely antimatter. Also on the global agenda for the coming months; Outland would be celebrating the five-year anniversary of their take-down of 4001 Industries on April the 9th; one of the main corporations behind the fall of Aeternitas. Outlanders were known to get rather rowdy and inebriated on this day, and bands forming together and attacking fringe corporate cities was a likely occurrence. In the month of May, several corporations would be celebrating their own birthdays, due to the global economic boom of 3007. Many, many corporations were founded in the May of that year; resulting in May being dubbed "Capitalism Month". Extravagant parties, lavish celebrations, enormous and convivial parades; all were common occurrences. It became something of a competition to outdo the others; and, of course, attract tourists and perhaps new desirables. ---OOC--- The Global Agenda will be updated in the future, so look out for those posts as time passes. I'll try to keep the RP clock roughly a month ahead of our clock, but no guarantees on that. ---BEGIN RP-- Artificial38
Apr 22
Plutocracy (OOC) The year is 2995. Across the world, corporations are planning for the largest revolution of the century, if not the millennium. The global totalitarian state of Aeternitas can no longer provide to its citizens what they need to survive, and the people are turning to the corporations in droves. The corporations see an opportunity in this and make plans to, for once, work together to overthrow Aeternitas; a noble goal that soon turns sour. The year is 3000. The revolution was a massive success, with Aeternitas being crushed into oblivion. A land grab on a massive scale occurs, with each corporation seizing huge quantities of land. Some areas of land are left unused; due either to radiation, a lack of resources, or the general hostility of the terrain. Some corporations have even branched off the earth, with bases on Mars, the Moon, and even Venus being established. Attempts at terraforming by certain corporations are underway, met with moderate success. Some areas of unoccupied land are inhabited by Outlanders. These people are STRONGLY ANTI-CORPORATE AND THEIR CORE VALUES OF ANTI-CONSUMERISM ARE EXTREMELY VALUABLE TO THEM. THEY WOULD NOT SIDE WITH A CORPORATION EVER, FOR ANY REASON, EVEN IN THE FACE OF CERTAIN DEATH. Although it is unreasonable to say that all of them are bastions of iron will, the punishment they face at the hands of their own leaders for defection is somewhat nightmarish and draconian. It's important to get these things out of the way up front. The year is now 3002. Most corporations have established their stake of land, whether on Earth or otherwise, but tensions are beginning to grow between them. Espionage is through the roof, and countermeasures are being taken by all. Some skirmishes have occurred, but outright war is yet to be declared. It is expected that when it is, the corporations will likely divide into two sides; the so-called Ethical corporations, and the Unethical ones. The main difference being that one treats their citizens fairly and justly, and the other does not, put simply. Which side will your corporation take? Before we get to the Corporation (as well as Character, for those who are so inclined) Sheet, I'd like to point out a few things. I won't be requesting that your corporation has Demigods this time, but I strongly encourage having one or more powerful characters within your corporate entity. This will make it easier to have one character that can be involved in both war-time and peace-time operations on most levels of your corporation. I ask that all posts be in English and only English. Having foreign corporations with characters that have foreign-sounding names is fine, but all posting and dialogue must be in English. If your corporation has developed it's own language (Such as Newspeak in George Orwell's 1984) or uses an existing language, it's fine to allude to this, but please, PLEASE, do NOT write your posts in a foreign language. For the love of god, try to keep your posts at least somewhat serious. Some humour or comedy is fine; I'd actually appreciate a good laugh when the tone of the rest of the RP gets rather dark. HOWEVER, blatantly breaking the fourth wall is something you should not do, unless you do it well. The concept of "Don't do it unless you can do it well" is something that I'd ask you apply to your posts as a whole. If you want to try something outlandish, I'm fine with that, as long as the quality of your posts matches the quality of the idea. That's enough rules for now. If something comes up in the future, expect this list to update. Corporation Sheet: Corporation Name: (Self-Explanatory.) Banner: (A simple description of your flag/insignia.) Land Occupied: (Check other player’s sheets to make sure you aren’t infringing on their territory. Underground territory is sketchy, and although I’ll allow it, two opposing corporations perched on top of one another might not go too well.) System of Governance: (What is the format of your Corporation’s government? Do you rule as a Monarchy, where the title is passed down through blood, or a more meritocratic system, where those who are more successful move to the top? Describe the system your Corporation uses here.) Notable Characters: (Briefly go into detail about each of the important characters in your Corporation’s hierarchy. General positions include CEO/Leader, head researchers, a board of directors, and a suggested-but-not-required Demigod-like character.) Technological Influence: (What fields does your Corporation work in? List them here.) Backstory: (Tell us the history of your Corporation. How did you come to be?) Other: (Anything else you’d like to say about your corporation/anything else that was not covered in the other areas of the sheet go here.) Character Sheet (for those who would rather play an individual than a whole corporation, OR for those who would like to put some extra detail into one of their corporation's characters): Name: Age: Gender: Appearance: Backstory: Personality: (Not required by any means.) Allegiance: (You have the option to control a character under another player’s Corporation/Organization/Subsidiary, with that player’s consent. If your character doesn’t roll like that, put Outlander or Mercenary in this space, assuming that you are one of those two. Or, if you're expanding on a character within your own Corporation/Organization/Subsidiary, just put your own Corporation/Organization/Subsidiary's name here.) Other: Organization Sheet (for those who would like a smaller organization rather than a full-blown corporation): Organization Name: (Self-Explanatory.) Banner: (A simple description of your flag/insignia.) Land Occupied: (Check other player’s sheets to make sure you aren’t infringing on their territory. Underground territory is sketchy, and although I’ll allow it, two opposing organizations perched on top of one another might not go too well. An organization will control less land than a Corporation.) Hierarchy: (What is the general hierarchy of your organization?) Notable Characters: (Briefly go into detail about each of the important characters in your organization’s hierarchy.) Technological Influence (if any): Backstory: (Tell us the history of your organization. How did you come to be?) Other: (Anything else you’d like to say about your organization/anything else that was not covered in the other areas of the sheet go here.) Subsidiary Sheet (for those who want a smaller corporation directly attached to their larger one): Corporation Name: (Self-Explanatory.) Parent Corporation: (Also Self-Explanatory. You may create a subsidiary under another player’s Corporation, with that player’s consent. Banner: (A simple description of your flag/insignia.) Land Occupied: (Check other player’s sheets to make sure you aren’t infringing on their territory. Underground territory is sketchy, and although I’ll allow it, two opposing subsidiaries perched on top of one another might not go too well. Subsidiaries control less land than Corporations.) System of Governance: (Will generally be the same as the governance of your parent corporation, but on a smaller scale.) Notable Characters: (Briefly go into detail about each of the important characters in your Subsidiary’s hierarchy. General positions include CEO/Leader, head researchers, a board of directors, and a suggested-but-not-required Demigod-like character. Subsidiaries are less likely to have Demigods.) Technological Influence: (What fields does your Subsidiary work in? List them here. A subsidiary will probably have similar fields to its parent corporation, but not identical.) Backstory: (Tell us the history of your Subsidiary in the context of its Parent Corporation. How did you come to be?) Other: (Anything else you’d like to say about your subsidiary/anything else that was not covered in the other areas of the sheet go here.) Artificial128
Apr 21 Apr 17
A New Generation-A Draconus Production Lined up in front of a large building were six people. The first was a redheaded man with amber-tinted wire-rimmed sunglasses and a large, bulky overcoat that made one suspect him for being a dealer of counterfeit SOMETHING. The second was the ultimate hippie child: a woman with short (incongruously blue) hair adorned with a simple purple flower, wearing a sundress bearing an image of a meadow of sunflowers, and noticeably barefoot. The third was a dark-haired, dark-skinned mountain of a man, easily seven feet tall if not eight, dressed in a simple gi stitched from burlap. The fourth was even stranger- a lithe, severe blonde woman, dressed nearly formally in a suit, whose blue-and-gray eyes scanned the assembled group with disdain. The fifth was a short, absolutely mousy brown-haired man, whose entire look- from his hair to his clothes to his expression- seemed designed to deflect attention. The sixth was most bizarre of all- a grizzled, gray old man who seemed to have a piece of olive-green metal fused to his head, obscuring his left eye. The two in front weren't much better, in the strangeness department. One was a tall, skinny man in a loose white suit and hair absolutely white, whose eyes were so black they seemed like they went beyond being entirely pupil- his eyes looked like a dead abyss. Beside him, smiling contentedly, was a girl who looked no older than twelve, with long hair allowed to fly free to her waist. Depending on who you asked, it wasn't clear what she was wearing, but it would always be an item of clothing that was dreadfully out of place, if not in the completely wrong time period. "So, you're what these six managed to find?" The white-haired man asked, almost sadly. "I had thought they'd do better." ------------------------------------------ PRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/18300114890 Zarkun69
Apr 16
ThisGuy's PRP Bar To celebrate my likely-to-end-soon usurpation, every drink is free! Alcohol is unsavory and filthy, so we instead serve cleaner, healthier weed alongside sodas! (If that didn't tip you off, brace yourselves for my unrivaled hardcore annoying overly-moral liberalism) Our menu. Usurper Tea: Made with weed. Usurp'Cola: This is totally not ripped off from Coca'Cola's recipe. Mwahahaaha-brand Steak: May cause sore throats. A God Am I Burgers: Note: May not actually make you a god. MEPHCTF (My Evil Plan Has Come To Fruition) Cola: Made with an ingredient that can cause temporary IQ boosts (Warning: May result in constantly losing at everything) DOSSIER ________________________________ God Dossier: God ThisGuy The most attractive, intelligent, genius, charismatic person ever born on this earth, we are all happy to bask in his beautiful glory. Order Dossier: The Tyrant Zanon The Emperor Zanon has acquired many epithets over the years and he is the most powerful man in the sector and the few who rise up against him have been met with swift and cold "justice", for nothing is more important to him than Order. Intelligent, calculating, charming, and above all, confident, the Emperor is quite savvy when it comes to dealing with any problems. He is in possession of Aiur's Kitchen, perhaps the most powerful battlecruiser in existence. It is more than capable than standing on its own against multiple behemoth class battlecruisers. When supplemented by the A.I Discord, a personal confident of the Emperor, Aiur's Kitchen combat efficiency shoots through the roof. His official record in battle shows him with a 100% win rate. Many experienced commanders also serve under the Emperor throughout the years though they've been slipping slowly away from the public's eyes since there isn't much fighting going on anymore. Lately, the emperor's mood has taken a dark turn. He has returned home after a brief skirmish at the bar and he has been silent about the matter. Recently has been usurped, though likely temporarily. Dossier: The Teacher Thundercrash Thundercrash was once an active member of Order before he retired and left for the unknown. He played an integral part in the ascension of Zanon to the throne. Indeed, he was the original bar keeper and gave it to Zanon when he felt it was right. It was the best decision he had ever made prior to his disappearance. Not even Zanon knows where his mentor is. He is the most knowledgeable person in dimensional travel. Neutral: Dossier: The Roach KnarledOne KnarledOne, Middle sibling of Nareld Wun the Younger and GnarledOne the Elder, cares for one thing only. His sole motivation is money. Much of his method of obtaining money involves get rich quick schemes much to the annoyance of GnarledOne who is otherwise running a successful company. The only reason KnarledOne's schemes are tolerated (indeed, it is a miracle how the elder brother didn't put him in a mental institution or choked the roach to death out of pure frustration) is because they generally open up a profitable venture for the company to take advantage of. The roach is no fighter but for whatever reason, KnarledOne's body is impervious to almost all manners of harm. How the body was acquired is unknown but some say it was a result of sinister modifications of a certain Empire experiment. Dossier: The Outlaw "Nukester" The Outlaw known simply as "Nukester" has rose up against Order at every opportunity present to him and every single time, he was captured, jailed, ridiculed, and release simply for everyone to laugh at his expense. He is considered to be an insignificant threat to the empire. He is seen by others as a Fool, and many consider him to be far too egotistical to see that he is in no way dangerous. All those time "escaping" a lifetime of jail has probably gone over his head. He has tried to make a name for himself at "GD" but his efforts were only met with ridicule too... Dossier: The Gunslinger Zarkun A no-nonsense stone cold mercenary, Zarkun is never seen without his preferred weapon of choice: a 6 round revolver. Deadly accurate with the revolver, he has adhere to a philosophy of always shoots first and ask questions later. In his eyes, there is no diplomacy. There is only lead. Though considered brutish by many, they do not deny that his methods are chillingly effective. Dossier: The Immortal Animus Animus, an immortal hailing from the unknown region known as "GD" which is far from the influence of the Empire. "GD" is the most dangerous, untamed, and uncharted region of space and few dare tread there willingly for it is a monster that will break even the stoutest of men. There is no room for weakness in "GD". This particular immortal has participated in numerous skirmishes and the experience made him stronger. Fighting for an organization called CG whose objective is to establish control of "GD" against three other equally sized organization, he has won all of his campaigns thus far save for 1 against a deadly Zerg foe. Such experiences only made him a stronger commander; he is very versed in full scale invasions. The most recent activity in this sector was a skirmish with the Emperor. However, the immortal has disappeared, presumably back to "GD". Chaos: Dossier: Aspect of Insanity HBRB/SlnderBurrito The first of the three and favors a form of a changeling. In its prime it has seen many exploits across the sector and even splitting itself into multiple clones who contributed to the chaos in their own right. The changeling and its spawns has sowed chaos and anarchy throughout the empire; even the Emperor had trouble containing the changeling's powers. However, it grew bored in time and subsequently hid itself away in the safety of its realm. Dossier: Aspect of Hate ShadowFury It is uncertain whether it is the second or third of the three. Favoring the form of a Protoss warrior, it looked up to the changeling for inspiration. The result was a being that hated everything and disposed of everything in the most gory fashion. If every atom of its being was engraved with the word hate would it not equal to the 1 zillionth of the hate it feels for everything. It favors pulling victims to their demise in its realm of destruction. It has challenged the Emperor several times in the past but each time it was defeated decisively. Dossier: Aspect of Absurdity smylez The second or last of the three, most will say the second. This one favored the form of a hybrid reaver though it was not uncommon for it to assume the form of a handsome doctor. The most social yet enigmatic of the three, it rarely killed for the fun of it. Instead, it preferred utilizing cryptic and bizarre machinations to carry out its goals. A consequence of this is that its actions are completely unpredictable, ranging from bombastic to absurd to ingenious, much to the chagrin of many. It acquired a habit of gathering livers for whatever reason. It has disappeared, seemingly permanently, and in doing so, given up its position. A void was left in its place ever since. ThisGuy1
Apr 9 Apr 8
At the request of the one called Drac I give you all his roleplay from beyond the beyond! Drac: First and foremost, there's something I'd like to clarify: all submitted characters must either be teenagers or look that way, reason being PLOT. However, this isn't technically a school RP. It's a rather structured adventure RP, which will only be open to new applications at very specific times (I'll give notice as to when these periods begin and end- this first one ends once Zark [who will be posting for both himself and me] notices a stable count). Essentially, everyone will be supernatural in some sense- avoiding abilities that come from gods, as those tend to be both overpowered and situational. Acceptable power sources: Superhuman abilities- nothing on par with A-list heroes or major villains, mind you, but milder displays of super strength, speed, telekinesis, telepathy, regenerative capacities, et cetera are all acceptable. You'll have to get past two sets of judgment here, so be careful. Western magic- hoo boy. Essentially, this is an imposition of your willpower on the world around you. This damn-near requires a focus (rods, staves, wands, rings, etc.), and becomes weaker if you can't maintain attention, and can tire you out physically. This comes from an internal reservoir of Mana/Prana/Energy/whatever you want to call it, and thus is measurable. Eastern magic- this requires contracts with the spirits of ambient magic in the air around you. This requires you to be likable, and the more of a jerk you are, the weaker these spells will be. However, these spells have the inherent bonus of being able to be stored indefinitely, in ordinary objects like slips of paper- meaning that you don't have to be prepared to be prepared. High technology- are you the Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne of your setting? Maybe just the Solid Snake or equivalent. As long as it's not overpowered, you're good! App Format: RPer- Character Name- Character Age- Gender- Appearance- Capabilities- Equipment- I will provide a first post that introduces you to the eight characters I've created and the setting, but I'd like to test the water on whose interest I can garner. Me: I'm willing to call at least two other RPers besides myself and atleast two characters besides mine stable, so with that in mind, show your interest if this catches it. Zarkun79
Apr 7 Apr 4
How to not make a Mary Sue - for new people. Okay, first off, you should only read this if you are the "if even I can tell X, then you are surely X" guy. If you want pro advice, talk to Zanon. He is not only more experienced, but is far less of an !@#$%^- than I am. Let's begin. http://img11.deviantart.net/cd4b/i/2012/212/7/0/what_is_the_difference_between_a_mary_sue_and_a_oc_by_obeliskgirljohanny-d59cu82.png Don't trust this. If you take a careful look, BOTH are actually *!@# characters, despite the author's intentions. They are both Mary Sues. The one on the bottom, in fact, has an angsty backstory. Angsty backstories are for idiots trying to be edgy. Unless it is done well. Which it is not, in this scenario. Unless written well, I tend to associate ERMEHGED MAH PARENTS R DEED EVEN THO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING = Mary Sue. If you want to have a terrible life, feel free. However, it should actually be RELEVANT, not just to make someone feel bad, or even just as a footnote that constantly appears but seems to have no real impact on your character. Breaking canon doesn't fit either. You can't be a surviving Xel'Naga, but you also can't be a Kalathi - they are back in the stone age, and couldn't have evolved back to civilization in such little time, much less space travel, or a Space Vampire, as they are currently not considered canon. Hell, you can even go beyond that. There are plenty of characters in roleplays that ignore the genre entirely, and are mary sues. You can even be a wizard in a high-sci fi, hyper-advanced world with extreme psionics, but not a hard sci-fi, earth-bound dystopia. Nor can you be a hyper-advanced alien in a Fantasy world where only one world exists (note that this should not be taken entirely, as there are plenty of fantasy worlds with advanced races. Point is, you can't be an alien in a world with only one world) Self-Inserts are NOT Author Avatars. An Author Avatar shares some personality traits and beliefs with you, and that is fine. A self-insert is you under a different name, even then only sometimes. What is worse is when you base a character off an idealized you. Because, if you are, it is likely you are a terrible person. Then there are Sues who are $%^-*!@S, with no redeeming traits. But we are meant to like them anyway. It is unlikely they are meant to be #$%^-*!s, and the creator themself is just an @#$%^-* who thinks this character is the pinnacle of perfection. They are pretty annoying. Then there is the prediction sue. These are a common error. You know things you should not. You can tell the future if it is established, but you are meant to be unaware of it. Black Hole Sues take over everything. They are black holes to the rest of the story. They try to make the story about them. It's pretty simple, I don't need to explain in detail, do I? Fixer Sues are characters that make the story go as you wish it would. Harry Potter got the wrong girl? SEND IN THE FIXER! Again, not very much explaining to do here. ThisGuy2
Apr 4 Apr 2 Mar 29 Mar 28
Table of Contents - Darkest Heart My attempt to set up a decent table of subplot contents in the Part 3 thread failed due to the character count limit. I will attempt to maintain a complete list of major subplots and a literary map assisting any who wishes to read them in this thread. This thread has some other purposes, too. 1. Zanon and Zarkun have both endeavored to create Monster Manuals for Darkest Heart. They may post and maintain them here, to maintain a center of information on Darkova. 2. Character biographies can be stored here as well by any who wish to add their character to this database. Clarification: NOT character sheets. Biographical entries only, please. 3. The PRP thread is used for character creation and plot-planning activities, and the RP thread is used (naturally) for RPing. This thread, then, is the perfect place to put other Darkest Heart related discussions. Anyone who appreciates the literary talents and efforts of their fellow DH authors should feel free to say so here. Anyone who finds a particular plot interesting should feel free to discuss its nuances here. Finally, anyone who writes for Darkest Heart and wants to know how they can improve should request feedback here. That is all. Hopefully this will provide a single, centralized location for all activities not directly related to the plot or the PRP thread. Table of the Table of Contents' Contents. Inquisition of a Liar: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#2 A Tale of Two Blades. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#3 Chronicles of Hunger. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#4 Monster Compendium (v.4). http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#8 KnarledOne27
Mar 24
Origin of the Borg: (Vs Starcraft Debates) This is based on the Star Trek Novel "Federation" in combination with one of the Star Trek video games. This isn't technically entirely true. V-Ger was assimilated by the original Borg collective, which is actually hundreds of thousands of years old, as per the Federation Novel, but the character isn't entirely aware of that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anMOQ3vTy9k In Star Trek: The Motion Picture, "V-Ger" had already explored the entire universe at the time Spock Mind Melded with it. Later, Spock Mind Melds with Kirk and Picard, and discovers that all 3 of them have been, at one time, members of the Borg collective, because the remnant consciousness of Spock is still in the collective from the Mind Meld with V-Ger. One Galaxy class Starship can completely destroy an M-class Star. One Borg Cube Ship at Wolf 359 destroyed the entire Federation Fleet, including several Galaxy Class starships, and 40 Federation starships in total. There are really only 3 groups which have been shown to consistently defeat the Borg: 1) Janeway and Voyager 2) The Think Tank- Neutronium Armor, impervious to all known weapons, and Trans-phasic Torpedoes. 3) Species 8472-which Janeway taught the Borg how to defeat them, because they would have destroyed the entire galaxy otherwise. Species 8472 is telepathic and their fighter scale ships can one-shot planets. Seriously, Species 8472 eventually loses to the Borg, but watch this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4LR6Ev27FQ Char would be obliterated in about 5 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W9HCPC0jSI&ebc=ANyPxKrZR-8M00MmVIYZmKs5P1v6Ez0_mgtu6QwLutdpADv_xZ6vIzcPkfrT1Xvu3dUXeIXZBAXC_AzzeLJ2u0hhOk4y93O7-g Species 8472 destroys 8 planets, 300 borg cubes, 4 billion drones in a single attack wave. Edit: I'm sorry, it's not "Federation" it's another book, apparently, and I'll have to research which one it is. I read it some time around the same time as Federation. Based on a wiki entry, the Borg have assimilated at least 10026 Sentient species in the Milky Way galaxy alone. I remember the episode. Just one of those species had 11 Billion members who were successfully assimilated to become new drones, not counting the ones who died in the fighting. I should point out that in the novels, the Borg don't just assimilate Sentient species. They assimilate everything associated with their environments; animals such as cats and dogs, etc, and use them as scouting drones, worker drones, or as nutrient sources for their biological components, etc. Wade4
Mar 17