Joeyray's Bar

Jan 15, 2013 Calm Before the Storm Description: The world is on the verge of destruction, will you aid in this or try to prevent it? Calm Before the Storm is a RP in which you will get missions and will attempt to succeed in them, how you go about this is up to you. You will often be competing against other RPers, who, like you, will have the choice of doing the mission, or an alternate mission to undermine the main one. Time will also be allowed for RPer created sub-plots and character interaction, of course. If you wish to apply, go to the following thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7416065165Dacder121 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 13, 2013 Calm Before the Storm PreRP/Discussion. Description: The world is on the verge of destruction, will you aid in this or try to prevent it? Calm Before the Storm is a RP in which you will get missions and will attempt to succeed in them, how you go about this is up to you. You will often be competing against other RPers, who, like you, will have the choice of doing the mission, or an alternate mission to undermine the main one. Time will also be allowed for RPer created sub-plots and character interaction, of course. App Format. ^(Your name)^ Name: Age: Race: Gender: Allegiance (If any): Weapons: Appearance: Backstory: Please do not yet post in this thread, once all lore posts are made you may post characters or discuss the RP and/or related things.Dacder61 Jan 13, 2013
Jan 13, 2013 Fade: The Rise, Part 2 (Sorry if it took so long for me to post this. The holidays have been keeping me busy lately) Chapter 1- A White Canvas The man sits on the chair, seeing the snow drifting around him. He holds his rifle tightly, as he saw something move in the distance. With his finger on the trigger, he slowly gets up. "Hey! I see you!" The figure far away stops, then turns. It was humanoid, but it simply stared at him. A rifle was in its hands, but closer observation showed that it had a hard time standing up. It was probably another guard that drank too much. "Get your drunk @ss over here. You know you shouldn't be out there!" The figure simply stares at him. Annoyed, the man starts to walk towards him. "For the love of........ Why do I have to- HOLY SHI-!" Now closer, he sees that the figure had glowing, green skin on its face. It was an infected. It shrieked when it charged at him. Hesitating for a moment, the man pulled the trigger. The infected stopped as it was getting shot, falling down as the bullets started to attack its vitals. It twitched as it spurted green blood on the snow. The man breaths heavily as he starts up his radio. "HQ....... I have an infected over here." "We'll send those people from Bastion to your location when they get to the checkpoint."Naitsrich498 Jan 13, 2013
Jan 13, 2013 Dacder's Ice Cream Parlor What? Is something wrong? Oh...the octopus...yeah, I don't care what you think. Rules: #1: No fighting- You will be punished. #2: No insulting the food- You will be punished. #3: No fighting the system- You fill be punished by the system. #4: No shirt, no shoes, no service. #5: Enjoy! Drinks- Orange Cream Soda- Delicious sweet creamy orange soda. Japan Surprise- What do you mean? You're saying you can't stop watching anime because of the drink?! Water- I SWEAR NOTHING IS WRONG! Bubbly Goodness- What do you mean, "There's rotting flesh in the drink!"?! Cyanide Speshul- Guaranteed to...well, you know. Kill. Ice Creams: Vanilla- It's a classic! Chocolate & Cyanide- At least your last moments will be tasty! Fried Vanilla- Will make you fat, and give you a southern accent. Octopi & Strawberry- MMMMM, THE OCTOPI ARE STILL SQUIRMING! Puffer-fish & White Chocolate- Very, of course it's poisonous! Popsicle- Favorite of [Copyright violation: Phrase removed] Will take requests!Dacder47 Jan 13, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 This Is Their Story: Chapter VII Background: The year is 5978. The Protoss and the Zerg have been dormant for centuries after the Tribes Conflict, the Epic Wars, and the Damnation Age. Humanity is "In deep crap currently. All factions have collapsed, and resources are thin. This time has been entitled as the Dark Epoch. Very few planets are hospitable, colonies are hard to be sustained, and people live in lives that were previously beyond inhumane, but is now the standard. De-Evolution is an understatement. One planet, currently un-named is quite small, about 1/4th times larger than the Earthern moon. The planet is home to camps of wild creatures, mutated from various synthetic alements, camps of bandits(humans who want to loot, burn and pillage any form of Utopian society), and 8 people. These 8 are descendants of great leaders from past times. They have no recognition of their own lives, but understand their current situation they are in. They are the only people capable of leading humanity back to greatness. Or sending them down past Hell. This. Is their story. Characters: >Korozain< Name: Kain "Korozain" Orin Build: Light Descendant: Orin Family, "Korozain" Orin, Shade Gheist Legend Description: Tall, moderately muscled. Black, short spiked hair. (Uses a natural tree sap for "hairgel") Dark Tan skin, mild facial hair (thin beard around mouth). Wears a thin, durable metal obsidian like armor. Armor is ornate, and a sacred model to the Orin Family. Starts with an obsidian polearm(ornate sword tip much like a Naginata) with a dark metal tip. Personality wise, he is very distant from other people but once he trusts you, he'll speak to you. He tends to tell jokes a lot, mainly very dark sense of humor. Mercy, love, compassion. All are lost concepts to him. Known mental issues in the past... Skills: Dark Arts, long melee weapons(staffs or spears), Agile. [Dark Arts is a fighting style used by psionics of the Shade Gheists that normally involves kicks or joint(like elbows and knees) attacks, also allows the fighter to use a dark energy and cast attacks (requires alot of energy and willpower to do.] Name: Magistrate Zaron Race: Protoss (Nerazim) Tribe: The Akeilei Stalkers Description: Dark, skin. Long, dark, dark, purple robe with various zerg bones and some protoss. He wields a Void Blade, a scythe with two blade endings (2 extending on either side of the shaft so more like quad bladed). Hood normally hides his face and you only see his glowing eyes. Skills: Agile, leader, high class psionic. >Zarkun< Name: Jared "Slasher" Rios Body build: Average Descendant: Rios, Cayl Rios-Lord Knight of Loria Description: Brown eyes, Scar on left eye and arm, brown hair, thin and muscular, leather armor with mithrite reinforcment and Lorian nanites in blood stream, goatee, solemn, but loyal to friends and family. Likes to train in all shapes and forms, including working out. Wields a single edged long sword and VMN-300 Submachine gun Skills: Weapons master, namely with single edged long swords, marksmen, and hand to hand combatant, quick and agile, not unlike his ancestor. >Warhawk< Name: Stefan "Hawkeye" Alexander Body build: average Descendant: Honor Alexander - High Admiral Description: - Appearance; about 6 foot, muscles like a swimmer, eurasian decent with a solid tan, green eyes, longish dark brown hair kept back in a ponytail, some stubble, hunting boots(black), military cargo pants(green camo), tee shirt(white), reenforced leather bracers(brown), armored vest(green camo). - Personality; suspicious of those he doesn’t know, hard to befriend, trusts friends to watch his back, despises traitors. - Behaviors; formal with all he doesn’t know, far more open with friends, highly protective of the weak, to betray him is to sign your death warrant. Skills: well trained in mixed martial arts, near expert marksman, wide array of survival skills. Weapon: high-powered bolt action hunting rifle w/ retractable 6” bayonet and removable scope. Also has a set of brass knuckles. >ShadowFury< Name: Jordan Raksin Build: Light Descendent: Raksin, a powerful Field Marshall. Description: Appearance: Is about 5' 7" and is almost without muscular build. Is pale white skinned with brown eyes and brown military style haircut. A clean shaven face. He wears camouflage fabric and hard brown leather boots. He wears a kevlar vest just under his shirt. Personality: Doesn't give sh!t about others. Though other than that he's a happy go lucky. Behavior: Often wanders into situations where he has to end up running away while randomly firing. Skills: Is a grand marksman as well as very stealthy. Weapon: High powered rifle with scope. Name: Cole Davin Build: Heavy Descendent: Kofrin Davin, the biggest human to walk the universe. Earned a place in history simply by being able to kill several Zerg hives by himself. Description: Appearance: 6' 10" with tons of muscles. His skin is tanned with brown eyes and bald. He has no facial hair. He wears black muscle shirt with black sweat pants and a kevlar vest. Personality: Friendly and will do anything for a friend. He is very trusting. He is a complete idiot. Behavior: He will often accidentally destroy an object. Sometimes of great value. Skills: Can use anything that he can hold as a weapon. Weapon: A Flanged Mace. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Maza_de_armas.jpg >Jester< Name: McKenzie Huntington Build: Light, Lithe Descendent: Max Huntington, infamous Mercenary Leader Description: Appearance: Roughly 5' 10" with tanned skin, blue eyes, short red hair. Uses a black light armor with stripes of red around her armor. Doesn't like wear a helmet. Personality: Realistic person who likes people, and charismatic. Usually well-liked, even to people who don't know her. Behavior: Enjoys combat, but tries to find a peaceful solutions to stop fights before they start. Skills: Good with Automatic rifles and psionic abilities that allow her to summon a projection of a creature who fights. This creature lasts for about 8 minutes. Weapon: Exotic automatic rifle with a bayonet. Has twin serrated knives >CrymsonRaven< Name: Jen Stukov Devise Body build: Average, Lithe Descendant: Devise and Stukov, Rebecca and Leon during their times and they led a group of Terran's of their own on a planet that was nowhere near the Dominion after something happened on a certain planet. Description: 5'11" palish skin to a tanned look, orange eyes, very dark brown hair, hair is long and slightly wavy. Wears a leather vest along with chaps and a cloak. Hard to sway, hunter, thoughts of adaption. Can be quiet and is hard to trust others at first but once there is respect and trust along with friendship then she will help them in need. Skills: Good psionics since the first people that started the bloodline were a Shadow and a Valkyrie. Is adapt at a hunting spear that can be used for multiple uses, fishing, hunting, killing, leverage... Weapon: Hunting Spear <TheLostMorph> Character Name: Oraia Raynor Race: Terran (part zerg) [NOT infested] Build: athletic (Light-Average) Descendent: Raynor, Jimmy Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan Description: Oraia has a few zerg tendrils entwined with her fiery red medium length hair (think HotS Kerrigan but with her normal hair as well and fewer tendrils). She stands about 5’5”, has brown eyes, lightly tanned skin, a mark of Erini on her left shoulder blade [http://silentnight4k.deviantart.com/#/d5nhp2h], psi index of 10, she wears an orange modified spectre suit with a white kitsune painted on the right shoulder. Oraia is a bit laid back but will follow orders, shy around people she doesn’t know, once she gets to know someone she is very friendly, hates the zerg even when she controls them Skills: Mechanic, Psionic. Survival Skills, mixed martial arts, infiltration, field repairs, rapid regeneration, control zerg (the bigger the zerg strain the fewer she can control, max of about 10 at any one time), telekinesis and telepathy Weapons: Modified Warp Blade, Plasma Assault RifleKorozain342 Jan 12, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 KnarledOne's General Store NickDaMan's depressing thread got me thinking, so I have created this in a (probably vain) effort to get the "town" built back up. A GENERAL STORE! Doesn't anyone remember how we used to have tons of store threads? The Bar was just a place to discuss RPs (still is), but stores and other attractions were places to have random fun and buy nonexistent items with nonexistent cash. Therefore, I give you my General Store. Please feel free to browse the selection and stay way from the loading dock, some strange Hydralisks have been hanging around back there. Groceries. Milk. Where'd it come from, blah blah blah, etc etc, you know the drill. Meat. Of virtually every kind. Yes, even that kind. Don't give me that look, I know what you're thinking. Spectre Sugar. For those minds that taste a little too salty. Butter and Eggs. Because I remember trying to purchase these from a troll-operated store, and he didn't have them! Granted, his store had been obliterated and he was lying a tthe bottom of a massive crater, but seriously! I won't make the same mistake. Slaves. Happy to work for no pay, tiny amounts of food and water, and some tender loving care (or a whipping). Uh-oh, boss saw me... HSFOBrfjbdmdnskjfbkjBDKJbadkfjns 7WEAG3IFBKSZBDZSJFNJDFSNDFSDFSFERnbfkhbF Salves. That's what the previous entry was supposed to say. Last time I have one of my minions write the signs. Heal you and stuff. Candy Counter. Hoarhound. Quit snickerin' ya idjits. There is nothing inappropriate about the name. Lollipop. It's a lollipop. Popsicle. Refills the creative juices of your mind. More wares to come.KnarledOne41 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 17) Continued from Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 16)Zanon500 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 TheLostMorph's Weapon Surplus Store and Range Any weapon you could want from any universe, any ... anything, Except anything from Mecha or anything that relates to launching Cats, Cat litter or any other non sentient animal. Just don't 'light up' or fire anything in the store I don't want to know what might happen if you do. Go over to my Firing Range to test the weapons. NO EXCEPTIONS! If you do I'll feed you to the Hydralisk's out back that I ... usually keep fed ... I will perhaps get an inventory up eventually but not likely as there are to many weapons to inventory. Have fun, Obey the rules and don't blow up my store. Oh and of course be nice to other customers. Prices vary depending on rarity of Weapon.TheLostMorph20 Jan 11, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Dealt a Bad Hand - (Established Universe RP) The Dead Man’s Bilge. The name would have been terrible had the establishment not once been a battlecruiser, leviathan grade. The ports that made it so easily boarded by enemies, and perhaps the cause to it becoming the wreck that it now was, made it exceptionally easy for patrons to board the battleship. Work had certainly been done on the interior, though if that was to increase its appeal, or decrease ease of access no one could say for sure. The lighting was sparse, though the fact that most mercenaries had optic implants in at least one of their eyes was clearly taken into account… Of that, Krane was certain. For those who hadn’t been upgraded, they were left to find their way by use of what little light there was, and by use of their shins on whatever stood in their way. Cargo, ‘furniture,’ loot waiting to be divided, with each and every collision, Krane’s confidence in the establishment was bruised. Confidence being what he called his shins. He personally liked the idea. Wrecked ship into a place where others could drown their sorrows. Which made all the more sense to choose the place to celebrate. That, and he had no idea where anything was on this God forsaken planet… He knew of the Bilge simply because one of its other rooms had served the purpose of a gambling area. The game of cards had gone nigh flawlessly. He was more than a few hundred credits richer, and had left with his life. Now it was time to spend his hard earned winnings on a ride off this rock… But not before getting blitzed, and perhaps a bit lucky in another way. Picky though he was not, and because of that he went deeper into the belly of the ship. While unlike nautical crafts, this bilge had likely seen little leakage, it did bear the weight of the adopted cantina that had grew to a decent size within its bowels. Krane took a seat and ordered what he thought was cleverly named Bilge Water. It was only after tasting the drink that he found it to not only be clever, but an honest name… A drink was a drink though, and after wetting his lips with his tongue, he knocked back another large sip. Krane was well into his third glass of the horrible brew when the other participants in his card game showed up. Had he noticed them, he would certainly have found them in a less celebratory mood. The BOSUN rifle was slung over a shoulder, and with such a long barrel it was excellent for the oncoming fight. He’d be able to swing it around with that much more reach. “Looks like a Ghost’s weapon if I ever saw one.” One of the ruffians said aloud, Krane, seemed oblivious to the mention , likely based on how inaccurate it was. It wasn’t until he was surrounded that he seemed to give it a bit more mind. “Oh… Hello gentlemen. Ladies? Maybe. No. A sniper’s weapon, certainly, but not just a Ghost’s, that’d be silly, it doesn’t even have the requirements to call down a.. Never mind.” “Thought you were real smart winning the card game, huh? Cheatin’ the entire time.” “Well, that’s far from the reason I think I’m smart bu-“ He never got to finish his sentence as one of the men closed a fist into his mess of hair, and provided a brutal meeting with the counter in front of him, and his face. The crash drew no more attention than the crowd as they jerked Krane’s head back, forcing him to look at the ceiling, and their less than gorgeous faces. His own was starting to belong in the current crowd with the bloody, and possibly broken nose. It had fortunately taken most of the blow. A sniffle from Krane before he offered his solid defense in regards to the accusations. “I didn’t cheat. At this particular card game.” His tongue once more wetted his lips as they pulled him to his feet, and took turns planting their fists into his stomach, and face. The final three were planted consecutively in his gut, forcing him to his knees, and bringing back up the three drinks he had prior. Luck was certainly with him tonight/today though, for falling to his knees had been the best choice. It provided a much easier means for the gentlemen he had ‘wronged’ to plant their boots into him. He had ceased trying to make any attempt at words, and instead had adopted the fetal position. So far. So good. ((And that is the opener. Your character starts in the tavern. A variety of reasons to be there. For all I care they can be one of the ones beating Krane into a pulp. They could have watched the whole engagement with a drink in hand. Krane was here to get drunk, and find someone to get him off this rock. Why are you here? What are you doing? Good luck and have fun! ))tagKrOza87 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Wrath of the Firstborn V4 Luthen 4- A planet with many secrets. Dominion mining operations on Luthen 4 began inside 2505. A small base was established deep underground, with a small garrison of marines and marauders appointed to defend it against the nonexistent dangers. Then the Zerg came. No one knew what caused it, but Luthen 4 caused the Zerg to go crazy. They reproduced at an alarmingly fast pace. So high are the levels of Zerg that Luthen 4 is essentially a huge sea of creep, with barely any solid ground left.. One could consider it alive. The miners calls for help go unanswered, due to a reluctance to try to clean out Luthen. They are trapped, fighting against an endless wave of Zerg. A Protoss fleet sits in orbit around the planet. Even the planet cracker of the mothership barely affects the living planet, for when some of the creep is burned away more rushes in to fill it's place. The Protoss, however, have managed to clear a hole within a mountain range to serve as a base. Terran-Help your colony hold out against the Zerg and escape Protoss-Clear out the Zerg Infestation Zerg -Fight for the swarm...or your own purposes. Status of Mining colony: The colony is an underground dome. The dome is split into three sections. The surface of the dome is neo-steel wall. The Zerg have penetrated the outer section of the dome, filling the many passageways. The miners guard the entrance to the inner part of the dome zealously. Inside the outer part of the dome lies a broken shield generator, some tunneling equipment and quite a few Zerg. Of special interest is the Trencher, the machine that bored all the way down to establish the mining base. It is huge, and if the miners can get it working again it will be a big help. In general the miners stay away from this area- around every corner there is sure to be something that isn't human. The inner part of the dome is where everything essential to life is kept. Rations are stockpiled in the "kitchen". The rooms for miners and soldiers are kept here and a small armory is located in this section. Inside the armory are the marine and marauder suits and several Goliath mechs that lack a power source. Finally, at the inner part of the dome are the mining operations. (Think a huge underground drill) Strangely, the Zerg have never tunneled into this are, and Terran mining operations cannot go on past a certain line. Unknown to all 3 factions, an ancient Protoss base lies underneath the mining colony, although it is unreachable for now. The Protoss base consists of the landed mothership, surrounded by a Nexus and several pylons. Most of the warping in takes place through the 6 or 7 carriers that accompany the mothership. Character set up: Name: Faction: Age (optional): Role (for Terran): Ranking (for Protoss): Unit (for Zerg): Additional Information/Backstory:Zarkun5 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Wrath of the Firstborn v3 Luthen 4- A planet with many secrets. Dominion mining operations on Luthen 4 began inside 2505. A small base was established deep underground, with a small garrison of marines and marauders appointed to defend it against the nonexistent dangers. Then the Zerg came. No one knew what caused it, but Luthen 4 caused the Zerg to go crazy. They reproduced at an alarmingly fast pace. So high are the levels of Zerg that Luthen 4 is essentially a huge sea of creep, with barely any solid ground left.. One could consider it alive. The miners calls for help go unanswered, due to a reluctance to try to clean out Luthen. They are trapped, fighting against an endless wave of zerg. A protoss fleet sits in orbit around the planet. Even the planet cracker of the mothership barely affects the living planet, for when some of the creep is burned away more rushes in to fill it's place. The protoss, however, have managed to clear a hole within a mountain range to serve as a base. Terran-Help your colony hold out against the Zerg and escape Protoss-Clear out the Zerg Infestation Zerg -Fight for the swarm...or your own purposes. Status of Mining colony: The colony is an underground dome. The dome is split into three sections. The surface of the dome is neo-steel wall. The Zerg have penetrated the outer section of the dome, filling the many passageways. The miners guard the entrance to the inner part of the dome zealously. Inside the outer part of the dome lies a broken shield generator, some tunneling equipment and quite a few Zerg. Of special interest is the Trencher, the machine that bored all the way down to establish the mining base. It is huge, and if the miners can get it working again it will be a big help. In general the miners stay away from this area- around every corner there is sure to be something that isn't human. The inner part of the dome is where everything essential to life is kept. Rations are stockpiled in the "kitchen". The rooms for miners and soldiers are kept here and a small armory is located in this section. Inside the armory are the marine and marauder suits and several Goliath mechs that lack a power source. Finally, at the innter part of the dome are the mining operations. (Think a huge underground drill) Strangely, the Zerg have never tunneled into this are, and Terran mining operations cannot go on past a certain line. Unknown to all 3 factions, an ancient Protoss base lies underneath the mining colony, although it is unreachable for now. The Protoss base consists of the landed mothership, surrounded by a Nexus and several pylons. Most of the warping in takes place through the 6 or 7 carriers that accompany the mothership. Character set up: Name: Faction: Age (optional): Role (for Terran): Ranking (for Protoss): Unit (for Zerg): Additional Information/Backstory:wfawwer347 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 Funny SC2 and forum jokes, make some =D Let's all make jokes relating to SC2 and the forums... here's one: Q: What's a trolls favorite food? A: Spam!CulixCupric20 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 The Dime and Spectre: KnarledOne's PRP Inn #2 It has come to my attention that the inhabitants of these forums are far more cultured and civilized than those of the surrounding areas, and thus need some place to immerse themselves in high class culture, the kind NOT possessed by Thunder’s and Zanon’s PRP Bar. The code of conduct contains only seven words: I reserve the right to shoot you. I have an authentic Zanon Revolver Replica, and I am not afraid to use it. Also, many of the items sold here are made to honor the greatest of RPs and RPers. So, without further ado: Drink menu. The Smylez: This drink is completely harmless (please ignore the green smoke) and will do absolutely no damage to your liver and kidneys. Seriously. Popsicle: Perfect for when the creative juices of your mind are depleted. A favorite of popular author Mockingjay. The Zanon: Peace, order and justice. Gunpoint to follow. A Warhawk creation. Korhallian Burgundy: Extremely flammable. Trust me, I know. *shudder* The Breakout: Causes you to feel increasingly epic until you suddenly pass out right before reaching maximum awesomeness. Mothership: It seems like it would be a really great idea, but it costs a ton, and it’s so big you can only have one at a time. An Owlfeathers drink. Food menu. Terran food. Spectre Scone: Has been know to cause a Crash. Extra Deliciously Tasty Biscuit: OH BOY! OH BOY! IT’S AN EXTRA DELICIOUSLY TASTY BISCUIT!! Doom Shrooms: Destroys everything you hold dear. It won’t be hard. Meat Pie: Actually, no… I have no idea what kind of meat that is… hm. Smells like kitten, maybe. Scone: Comes in virtually any flavor you can imagine. Tea and Biscuits: Anyone asking for an explanation will be shot. Zerg food. Changeling Swirl (ice cream): The most tasty swirl you'll ever taste. Specially made by a subzero ice cream dispenser created by a certain hybrid. It moves ever so slightly. Induces severe giddiness and euphoria. Don't mind the constant chattering in your head. It'll go away after it takes over your brain. A Smylez creation. Marine: Boiled until the shell takes on a delicious red color… or, blue color… or green… you know, I’m beginning to think they already looked like that. Creepshake: Yes, this is considered food. Haven’t you ever tried to eat Creep? A favorite of famous RPer Vultureling. Live Creep: In case you think eating needs to be an extreme sport. Broodling Legs: Get over it. Zerg eat Zerg. Fried Liver: It seems strangely familiar… Protoss “food”: Psi Cherries: Psionic fruit? Mashed Potatoes: Absorb the tastiness! Additional Comments: Please don’t set the liquor on fire, or we’ll have to ask you to leave. There aren’t any Roaches in the back… but I AM a Roach, so that would be redundant. Smylez is in charge when I am not around.KnarledOne183 Jan 10, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 The Good Old Days Dammmnnnnnn I miss them. Does anyone else here remember them? I can. Trying to get home and get on the computer ASAP after a day of work in late 2011. Jumping on the computer and being immersed into a story with Vultureling, Jay, and so many others. It was our story. It was paradise. People like KnarledOne, LeKroger, SittinDuckz, and more made it perfect. I remember when we filled two threads in under 46 hours. Amazing. Not that many months later and Smylez came along and made another great RP - Breakout. So much fun. And then it fell to pieces. Z and Z almost died at part 6. Cloaked love was taking jays time and she didn't post half as much as she used to. I had to do more stuff. Workload was getting harder, and I had to keep up with the pace. Z and Z died at part seven. Breakout died not far after. I felt sad. Pointless. Nothing to do. Everyone left. Sittingduckz. Jay. LeKroger. Vulturling. Everyone.... Gone. I faded to the black. I came back and tried a revive of Z and Z, Didn't last nearly as long. Didn't make it far. It didn't feel right to continue it again. It wasn't the same. Joey-rays faded from my most visited site to nearly twentieth. Some RPs here and there. Nothing felt right. Nothing ever felt what like the original 7 Z and Zs felt like. I went so far as to write a "Official Resignation from the forums". Thunder left. Jay didn't update her story. Zanon wasn't on much. No one was ever in-game. This may have just turned into a rant. But what I'm really here to ask is: Does anyone else remember the good old days? NickDaMan26 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 9, 2013 dA Chat not working... I'm probably not going to be able to use the chat on dA for the foreseeable future. This message appears when I try to open it: Plugin: 'Mozilla Extension' [ Initialized ] Opening connection to: 'http://chat.deviantart.com' You have been disconnected[ no reason given ] Tried googling it, but no success. I'm not the first one to have this problem, but no solution has been found as far as I can tell. Anyway, just a heads up.Owlfeathers7 Jan 9, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Through the Portal And there I was, screaming at the top of my lungs "SAVE ME! SAVE ME!" while reaching out my hand for someone to grab it and pull me out of all consuming vortex that appeared out of nowhere inside the bar. I remember screaming that the trolls were coming but that was only to get them to come over and pull me away. Alas, I was not so lucky. Fate was cruel. While I would have gladly placed myself in front of danger to save someone in a heartbeat, my fellow peers did not. My pleading cries of help fell on deaf ears in a room full of people as they sat there nonchalantly drinking their beers and continuing with their play sword fighting with lightsabers. Clearly, it was more important than saving a person getting sucked through a wormhole screaming bloody murder. And they wonder why I tried to help them. How nice it is to know that the people whom I have trusted with my life turned their backs so easily in my greatest time of need! I have done nothing to wrong them! I gave them the best medical attention whenever they asked for it. All that I took as payment were livers which could regrow themselves! What's the big deal? It's not a violation of anything to take something that rightfully belongs to you when you perform a service. But no, not according these entitled pigs who thinks everything comes free. At least I still have this biscuit as a snack bought with CREDITS! Enough of that. What's done is done. Their deeds I will remember forever. Betrayal can never be forgiven. Now, I need to know what it is that I am going through. It feels very cold and compressed in here. My body feels stretched in all directions. Yet my body looks to be in the right proportions. Some foul trickery is amiss. My senses are being distorted but how? It shouldn't be possible. Was it for some higher purpose that I was taken or was it just terrible, terrible luck? So many questions, so little time. What's that at the end of the tunnel? It's so pretty!smylez21 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Fade: Info/Sign-Up Fade is an upcoming RP that I have planned that will work differently than other RPs. The RP's storyline will be done in chapters, with a certain amount required to complete a "book" (working much like the Airbender series). I will announce when a chapter is complete, telling all of you that there will be a minor time skip. When we move on to the next book, then there will be a major time skip with a different subplots that occur during your adventure. I have planned to do only three books so far, but it's open to change after I see how it goes. History Our story takes place on the on the planet of Kai, a rather large planet that has a main continent, Ralla, that wraps around the planet to make a ring-like appearance. The two oceans it divides are simply named the North and South Oceans, but locals name certain areas of the two. It's inhabitants were largely peaceful, due to the large amount of resources one could easily acquire. Even though there are several species on this planet, they have two similarities: Their humanoid shape, and their ability to do something similar to magic called Es. The power of Es users caused conflicts between them that sparked the first known war, The Es War. The constant fighting for the next century caused had so many casualties that it halved the global population. The War ended when enemies had to become allies when a new threat rose: The R Virus. The R Virus was a result of the high amounts of Es energy released during the war, turning the many corpses into glowing zombies that mutated the more they consumed Es energy. The surviving people of this virus only managed to push the infected all the way to a part of Ralla that kept them at bay with a range of deadly mountains that created a giant, inescapable area, which would be nicknamed the Deadlands. To ensure it would never come out, a grand fortress was built in the only passage that lead out of it. Although several centuries have passed, the scars of war are still there. City-states have developed that fought each other many times. Technology has developed so quickly that flight is a reality. However, the old ways of melee combat have evolved as well. Races Humans: The Humans are easily the most industrial, being the first to create machines to help them create their giant structures. Their military force are also the most advanced, with standard infantry knowing how to fire a gun. Although they have ranged, melee training is a must for the ones who choose to take specialist roles. As a result, armor and weapons were made specifically for this purpose. Es users can choose to take a separate branch of training to use their powers to full effectiveness. They learn how to fire special weapons that fire Es energy, and special Es control classes. Tolrock: The Tolrock are a race known for their large horns. Extremely durable, every organ in their body can completely heal over, even in some cases completely new ones regrown. The traditions of their race were taught to them since birth, taking things like morality very serious. The events of the Es war caused this race to be trained in the arts of war, no matter of their profession. They are the only race that can effectively use primal weapons such as bows to full effectiveness. Those who are users of Es are trained how to use it to increase combat skills, making them extremely fast fighters. Nama: The Namas are an amphibious race, having fish like skin and gills. Although they aren't known to leave their coastal homes, they carry device around their necks that carry water, allowing them to help them breath and ensure they don't dry out. Es users of the race vary, as it's something left to personal choice. Technology of this race is unique, as all the materials are somewhat biological. They are known to have poison naturally in their weapons, making them deadly fighters. However, land vehicles for this race is nonexistent. Phos: The Phos are pratically an Es race, using it to a great extent. They look extremely similar to humans, except for their glowing eyes and markings. Use of Es is mandatory for all members of the species, with the more combat related uses left to military units. However, their natural ability for Es made them primary targets for the R Virus, leaving them with a low population. So, technology was made Es based due to the lack of genius minds to make ones that could run by themselves. Es powers Destroyer: This branch of Es focuses on releasing energy blasts to attack targets. They may range from bright flashes to explosive bolts. However, this branch requires the most energy, due to the amount of pure energy one bolt requires. Guardian: This branch focuses on defense, creating shields to protect oneself. This also can be used offensively, using the shields to trap and crush enemies. Advance training can even have some users use the shields as floating transports. Users also learn how to increase their agility and strength, allowing them to fill their protector roles more efficiently. Restorer: Users of this branch can use this to heal allies and repair weapons. They can also "enchant" equipment, giving them effects ranging to more resilience to elemental effects. Those who put training into this branch can create Es golems that assist them in their duties. Watcher: This is an unique branch, focusing on stealth. It allows users to do things such as stealth, illusions, and enhanced vision. When focused, users can enhance their aim with weapons ranging from throwing knives to rifles. NOTE: This is how Es is divided, NOT classes. In other words, this is how this world divides its uses of Es. You may mix them to fill your needs.Naitsrich137 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Project Resurrection Redux Project Resurrection is a top secret Dominion project based on a small moon orbiting the remains of Chau Sara. The projects goal: To move Terran minds into new bodies and the best canidate for these new bodies, Zerg Eggs considering any bodies with developed minds would reject the new one. To gather test subjects the Dominion has hired mercs to bring in people.(Movie refrences. Hint: the movie starts with an A and whoever guess it gets a cookie) Your character will wake up hatching from an egg. Their memory is blurry but they remember a few things from their Terran lives. Though if 1 or 2 people want to RP somebody investigating the activity you may. Chartacter setup is the same as most RPs. Will start with about 4 peoploe have fun :D I'm not privy to more than this OP, so don't ask me for more info, ask Mecha.Zarkun253 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 8, 2013 Amnesia: The Darkness Within On the fringes of the Koprulu sector lies a massive derelict Xel'naga Worldship nearly 4 miles long and 2 miles on a jungle-like planet. The Tal'darim, fanatics who worship the Xel'naga, were the first to arrive with their fleet and the first to uncover it's ancient artifacts. They have established a formidable presence there. Some time later, the Dominion's sensors discovered the ship and sent their fleet over along with companies of mercenaries. However, Sarah Kerrigan heard of the Dominion's movements and sent a very sizable Zerg Brood to acquire the artifacts. The Protoss Hierarchy who had other issues to deal were only able to send a small specialist force over designed for infiltration. ====================== Commanders: This list will be updated. There can be multiple commanders within any faction but there will always be a superior one that everyone (must) listen to. I am flexible if you desire to control a faction. Dominion: Admiral Hackett (smylez) Major Graham (smylez) Kerrigan's Brood: Athazual the Matriarch (Jester) Broodmother Izath (smylez) Broodmother Ger'kha (smylez) Tal'darim: Executor Felas (smylez) Telnis (smylez) Controller Ramadar (smylez) Hierarchy Protoss: High Prelate Daalis (Zarkun) Imperator Aeteas (Owlfeathers) ========== Summary: For nearly 12 days, the Tal'darim have built a stronghold on the Xel'naga worldship site at the planet Karvan, a jungle planet. Tal'darim Executor Felas discovered the item he was looking for that afternoon and carefully stored it in the form of a pendant for safe keeping. Not so long after this happened, a specialist Daelaam force consisting primarily of dark templars warped outside the planet's atmosphere. These 100 strong warriors were aboard a newly crafted dark templar vessel known as a Prowler which was designed to be very nimble and fast, perfect for infiltration missions. Lead by the Prelate Razuc, they were about to make their move when the Terran Dominion suddenly warped in. Luckily, the Dominion forces did not detect the Prowler. Realizing that the Tal'darim could be weakened, Razuc held off the operation, opting to wait and bide his time for the perfect attack. The Dominion fleet lead by Admiral Hackett sent down companies of ground forces to secure the Xel'naga Worldship. They have encountered heavy resistance from the Tal'darim. In response, Executor Felas sent one of his lieutenants Telnis to defend the worldship while he continued to scour the ship for a star map. The Zerg came along not long after the fighting between the Dominion and Tal'darim began. Immediately, two leviathans descended towards the planet while the other three moved in to engage the Dominion fleet. The fighting was fierce. The Dominion suffered many loses; they had to deal with the entrenched Tal'darim defenses. A mercenary named Terance Reaver was instructed to go around another path. With the aid of a weapon called the Ghoster, he did this task with minimal effort and secured a LZ for a group of religious fanatics who worshipped the Xel'naga called the Provun. They were instructed to flank a LZ for another company of Dominion marines but shortly after they did this, they left the company to die in order to infiltrate the ship, causing a setback for the ground advancement. They were able to infiltrate the ship and are currently in a standoff with the Tal'darim commander Telnis and two others. Meanwhile, another Daelaam regiment warped in unnoticed. Prelate Razuc made contact with Imperator Aeteas and they agreed to join forces. They began to set up their base of operations on the plantet and awaited for a prime time to strike. The Zerg forces began their ground assault on the Tal'darim northern side lead. Controller Ramadar begins to charge up the Khaydarin crystals... ====== Technology and units for all factions (Updated accordingly): The Tal'darim are religious fanatics lead by a mysterious Xava'tor who vanished for some time. With much of their leadership dealt a grievous blow during the Second Great War, they were able to regain a significant portion of their might during the interbellum after the Battle of Char. Lead by Executor Felas, they zealously protect and uncover the secrets of the Xel'naga from anyone but themselves. This drive has allowed to them to push boundaries in their technology. Units: Controllers: Controllers are a title given to high templars who have studied the first designs of the warped Khaydarin Crystals and made significant refinement for them. By studying these crystals that would have otherwise been regarded as treasonous under the Daelaam, they have gain accessed to new psionic powers and greater understanding of the Zerg hive link, allowing them to control the Zerg strains with the aid of said crystals. Vindicators: By correctly arranging the psionic matrices within a pure khyadarin crystal and focusing its energies at a focal point, the Tal'darim constructed a weapon that releases a beam of psionic energy on a target. Though they can not move when firing on ground, the amount of firepower from one of these weapons is staggering. Those who wields these weapons of destructions have called themselves vindicators. They fight with a rage that burns as bright as the beams they fire on their enemies. To assist in their mobility, Tal'darim engineers have constructed a hoverboard so that Vindicators can maneuver and perform surgical strikes. Both of these technology have a fail safe to ensure they do not fall into the enemy hands. Hurricane: A specialist fighter ship designed for armored class combatants. A hurricane's shields is able to warp projectiles, weakening their impact which minimizes the damage that can be dealt to the shields. Thus, a hurricane is able to last in battle much longer. Vanguard: The Vanguard is a newly developed exoskeleton for Protoss warriors who are too grievously injured but still wish to be in the front lines up close. Nearly a meter and a half taller than a typical zealot, the vanguard inspires fear to the enemies with its presence. Heavily armored and shielded yet surprising agile for its size, the vanguards employ a variety of close combat weapons specifically designed for it which is not limited to pole-arms and psi blades. The Dominion In two years, the Dominion knew that what they had were not enough. With groundbreaking research from the Moebius Foundation, the Dominion were able to reverse engineer Protoss technology and develop better weapons to fight against the ever evolving Swarm. Unfortunately, the Dominion were set back several steps when the Moebius Foundation's HQ mysterious blew up, wiping off crucial research data and killing off many top ranking scientists including the head of the foundation, Dr. Narud. Wyvern An improved spec of vikings. To address fighting the much more agile and numerous mutalisks, Dominion engineers replaced the vikings with lighter parts and missiles that disperse their payloads over a wide area. "Freya" The flagship of the Dominion Battlecrusier for this mission. It is a Gorgon class battlecruiser. The Dae'laam Despite the bickering, the Khalai and Nerazim have gotten along relatively well with another although tensions are still simmering underneath the surface. The two races have continued to share and improve their existing technology out of necessity. Kerrigan's Swarm With the Queen of Blade's fall, the Broodmothers under her command splintered off from one another, traveling to different worlds to pursue their goals. Now that Sarah Kerrigan has returned and defeated several to gain their loyalty, they have offered her a plethora of genetic material for her to work with in order to her brood with new mutations and units. Hulk- A festering, vaguely human shaped monstrosity whose bodies is a cesspool of diseases, tendrils and pulsating tumors, an individual hulk in battle is a fearsome sight to behold as they are very strong and show surprising agility despite their large frame. Engaging in melee combat is ill-advised as its toxins are extremely potent. They are known to explode in a spectacular fashion, spreading their diseased laden bodies.smylez383 Jan 8, 2013
Jan 5, 2013 Important website buisness Once it's done, I'll maintain ownership, but as to it's management, someone else will do that. Once I've set it up, I'll fully instruct whomever chooses to accept the responsibility. I think that 2-3 admins should be able to keep the site going. I'ts really easy with the site maker I've selected, even a 5 year old could do it. Think about it for now, when the site enters beta stage, I'll explain how it's done to whomever wants to know.Duke1 Jan 5, 2013
Jan 3, 2013 The Ascension NOTICE: I have arranged my post by chapters. While the most recent posts will be up, I will be purging my older post by combining one into one big chunk on the front page. Character Appearances: Executor Da'aek: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Protoss#/d3gdjfu 1. His battle attire is fully encased in armor (including his face) and the back of his chest armor is inscribed with Xel'naga runes that signify leadership. There are battle scars on the armor and they are marks of honor for him. Majordomo Fa'rah: http://us.battle.net:80/sc2/en/media/fanart/?keywords=&view#/fanart-0163 Praetor Acrati: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=Protoss&offset=24#/d1ri6gf Commander Ja'yaal: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Protoss#/d12wjjg 1. Imagine a shroud around his face that only shows his eyes. Disregard the weapon. Imperator Sol'am: http://us.battle.net:80/sc2/en/media/artwork/?keywords=portrait,protoss&view#/portrait_preserver2 Fleet Master Ramara: http://us.battle.net:80/sc2/en/media/artwork/?keywords=portrait,protoss&view#/portrait_urun Chapter One: The Awakening I open my eyes only to find myself staring directly at a blinding white light that overcomes my senses. I stir gingerly, placing a hand over my eyes, shielding it from the intense glare above me. “The executor! He is awake! Get the doctors in here and call in all the commanders!” “Where am I?” I ask belatedly, still covering my eyes. A gentle, soothing voice speaks to me, “Thank Adun! You are still with us. Right now, this is the medical bay executor. How are you feeling?” By now, my eyes adjust to the glare of the light. Placing my hands on my sides, I turn my head towards the direction of the sound. My eyes focus upon a female Protoss warrior. Her ornate, decorative and flowing battle attire was not only beautiful, it was only given to ones who command respect. I push myself up from the bed, sitting with my back resting against the frame of the bed. I pause, looking carefully at the infirmary. I was not the only one. Many other wounded soldiers were resting upon the beds that lined up the room. Doctors ran back and forth adminsitering aid for them. “Do not push yourself,” the female warrior continued, “You are still wounded.” I gave her a chuckle. “I am fiine, I think. There is no need to get all that worried over me.” Then I gave her a serious look. “By the way, who are you? Where am I exactly? What has happened?” She gave me a worried look. “It is your second in command, Fa’rah. Do you not remember me?” I gave her a blank stare. “No, I can not for the life of me remember you.” I place my hand over my head. I felt strange. There was an emptiness in my head, a strange sensation that was numbing. “You’re Executor Da’aek, commander of the Fleet of Ascension,” began Fa’rah. Right now, you are aboard the flagship “Unyeilding Resolve”. We have begun pursuit of a Zerg Brood. You were unconscious when we found you.“ A pair of doctors come by my bed. They begin to take readings of my vital signs. “All looks well with your body. You say his has amnesia? There is nothing we can do I am afraid. You will just have to remember things as time goes by.” The doors open themselves. I found myself staring at a particularly intimidating Protoss commander, his body completely covered by a metallic gray cape. He began to walk towards me, bowing his head once he was next to my bed. “Greetings Executor, I am Praetor Acrati. Everything is going well I hope?” I nod my head. “You are interrupting our conversation Praetor.” The praetor dismiss her words with a wave of her hands. “You can talk later. But we have much more pressing matters to attend. Executor, the other commanders await your orders at the bridge. “The Executor has lost his memory, he needs to rest-“ began Fa’rah. “He has lost his memory you say? Well, this does complicate things. Executor, do you think you are fit to lead this mission? I gave him a nod. “I do not know. I seem to have forgotten many things.” I flex my fingers. “But this body still remembers, vaguely somehow.” The praetor says nothing but bows his head once more. “Then come to the bridge when you are ready. We will brief you quickly on the situation. If you feel that you are not fit to lead this expedition, you may announce it there.” “Watch your mouth Praetor Acrati. This is the Executor you are talking too,” growled Fa’rah. “I realize that, which is why it is in the best of interest to decide now whether he is fit to lead this campaign. Our leader must be sound of mind if he is to lead us to victory. I will take my leave. Do make haste or we will make a decision without you.” I sigh heavily. “Fa’rah, get my battle attire ready. I will head to the bridge as soon as possible." Fa'rah must have noticed my discomfort. "Be careful, you must not push yourself too hard Executor. Your body has not fully recuperated from battle." "I appreciate your concern Fa'rah, but if something as trivial as this injury will stop me from completing my duty, then I am not fit to be called an Executor. Here we are, the bridge..." I step through the marble sleek doors as does Fa'rah. I found myself in awe, the bridge was a magnificent piece of work. A star map was in the dead center of the room. Crew members stood up from their stations and lowered their heads as I made my way down the stairs to the only empty chair in the center of the room. I made my way there. The chair was embellished intricately. In front of it was the master controls for the ship. I stroke the arms of the chair and then sit. All the other crew members look at me, waiting for orders. Yes, it was a familiar experience. I have watched many battles unfold right here. My grip on the arms softened. It was good to be back. "Executor?" began Fa'rah, "Are you sure you are ready?" I nod my head. "Resume your duties," I command. "Executor!" a voice calls to me below. I shift forward and look down where the star map is. The Praetor Acrati looks back up at me. "I see that you have decided to come! Good, now we can proceed with the meeting. You do remember how to call the others right?" "Such a condescending tone!" growled Fa'rah. "Do you think he is completely helpless?" I hold my hand up. "At ease Fa'rah, I understand that they have doubts about my ability to perform given my current state. Yes, I know how to call the others. I have not completely forgotten everything." I press a button on the terminal in front of me. Immediately, the holograms of several commanders appear before me. "Well then, you have called for me. Now, shall we begin this meeting?" The holographic faces of the other three commanders stood before me. The one clad in a predominantly silver zealot armor with cyan patterns speaks first. "Greetings Executor, we have been informed by the Praetor Acrati of your condition. While I hope for a speedy recovery, we do not have the luxury of waiting for you condition to improve. Before the meeting starts, we must reintroduce ourselves. I am Sol'am, commander of the carrier Transcendent." The second commander speaks, his entire face completely hidden by a shroud. "Ja'yaal, commander of the fighter fleets reporting in. I await your decision Executor." Finally the third commander, a female, speaks, "Ramara, commander of the tempest Retribution reporting. Can the meeting begin now?" I nod my head. "Tell me about our objectives." Sol'am speaks first. "We have but one objective, to pursue a Zerg Brood fleeing Char and exterminate them. As of right now, we have tracked down this brood to an icy planet called Kaldir." "What of our numbers? How many are with us?" I ask. Fa'rah points to a screen on the master controls. With the swipe of her hands, data begin to stream in. "This screen will display our fleets in real time. Our infantry numbers in the hundreds. I can get more precise numbers if you wish." "Do that for me." Far'ah nods her heads and steps away. "Two carriers, one tempest, four void rays and several scores of fighter class ships..." "What are the conditions on that planet? And the brood's strength" I ask. "Very frigid, other than that there is nothing else of significance. The brood is probably on its last legs. We have chased it for several hours now. We only paused briefly to tend to our wounded. Including you." Ja'yaal replies. I sit and say nothing. That could be the cause of my memory loss. I will have to delve further into it when I have the time. "We have tracked the planet's coordinates. We may begin the warp when you decide to. You are positive you can lead this fleet?" questions the Praetor. I look at the star map. The planet Kaldir slowly rotated. In no time, my fleet will hover over the planet. Our enemy will be there. I look at the commanders one by one and nod, "Yes, prep all the ship to warp. We will go on my mark. Ready...MARK!"smylez32 Jan 3, 2013
Jan 2, 2013 Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 17) Continued from Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 16)supaflyz4 Jan 2, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Happy Holidays!! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, etc. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, JOEYRAYS!! I love you guys!! XDDDDDThecommander10 Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 16) Continued from Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 15)Zanon500 Jan 1, 2013
Dec 31, 2012 The Armies of the RPers This thread is to see how creative you people can be. This thread is not for just factions, it is for armies. My personal army is the Converse Elite Legion, along with the many legions of Protoss and other aliens and such. Another of my legions is the Psionic Legion that can literally crush an entire battalion of tanks. These and my other legions form the insanely powerful Army of Creation. I'd like to see what everyone else can think up, and I'd love to see what ShadowFury has that can counter my Tech Legion Full List: Converse Elite Legion Psionic Legion Akailae Legion Nerazim Legion Zergy/Xenomorph Legion Mage Legion Demonic Legionxer41 Dec 31, 2012
Dec 31, 2012 DarkBlade: Conquest of the Ancients *Opens with a view of a dusty plain. Pan camera to the right.* The Ancients. *Flash of a giant clawed hand knocking away human and Elven soldiers.* Powerful, horrible beasts from before the Ser arrived. *A flash of a human warrior, brown hair, brilliant blue eyes and his helmet missing, ramming his spear into a beasts chest and blasting it away with fire magic.* They came to destroy that which we held dear. *Village burning, with corpses of women, children and older people everywhere, along with soldiers who had fallen fighting the threat.* They slaughtered everything that was in their path. *Pans along the plain, then a flash to a fanged mouth tearing out the throat of a mother protecting her children.* No one could stand against them. *Soldiers dead on a field of grass.* So we marshaled our forces, *shows a grand army and three men at the head, facing 10 lumbering shapes coming towards them,* and we made our stand. Our women and children were safe near the Ser, and we stood to face them, *The shapes stop, one of them roaring a challenge,* and we kept our courage. *The army of men and elves charges forward, yelling their battle cries.* We met them head on, *the figure roars again and they rush forward as well, intent on crushing all resistance,* and each of us fought with the strength of a thousand men. We gave no ground, even as our numbers thinned, *a giant blade cuts several men and elves in half, but determination is on their faces,* and one by one, we brought them to their knees. *A shadowed shape goes down, then another, and another.* Victory or death was our creed that day, and it was victory we had. *The last of the forms falls and several powerful mages come forward as another appears, this one wielding two giant blades.* We even felled their master that day. *The mages channel their powers, and the forms all begin to vanish into a seal.* We sealed them away, our greatest mages giving their lives for the safety of their families. *The seal closes and the mages fall, drained of life, but when their bodies are turned over, there are smiles of triumph on their faces.* We returned to our women and children and elderly, bearing both the jubilation of victory and the sorrow of guilt, knowing we’d all be telling women and children that their husbands and fathers weren’t coming home. *Flash of the faces of women, both proud and sad, and children taking their fathers helm and solemnly wearing it in his stead.* I was one of the mages who assisted in the sealing of the Ancients and their master. *Panning right and zooming out slightly as it nears the center.* I was cursed, to wander Serin until the Ancients were truly defeated. *Comes to a sword resting in the center of the field, tip in the ground.* That day comes soon, when the Ancients will be set free, but it is not now. Now, I begin to push the minds of those who will fight them on the day they are freed, and make sure they are ready for it. *Zooms in on sword, a human figure now visible behind it, hands resting on the pommel.* They will be strong, *Flash of a select group of humans,* swift, *elves running through the trees,* undeterred, *flash of another race,* and faithful. *A flash of the groups united.* They will lead the charge to the final battle, be the result victory or death. *The human form becomes more solid and he draws the blade from the ground.* We will not go into the night quietly! * He lunges forward, towards a group of ghostly shadowed forms, the same forms as seen in the previous flashbacks.* Listen to this song while reading: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BnFHaVpy_o&list=PL3FFE7104ACD14694&index=47 Link to PreRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7415603920Zarkun139 Dec 31, 2012
Dec 31, 2012 The Bar's Accolades It's almost the new year and guess what? Today's the first ever awards show hosted by yours truly! [Applause and cheers] Thank you! Today we will be taking in suggestions for categories! I will be the sole party to chose which categories get in and which gets booted off the stage. Now, if anyone has any suggestions, put them down below. Once the categories are finished, each categories will have at most 4 nominees. Determining the nominees is simple. For each category, write what/who you think deserves the trophy. I will tally the votes and post them in the front page. The only rule is that your choices must be in the period of Jan. 2012- December 2012. Other than that, there are no other rules. The award ceremonies begins after the tallies are done! Have fun and good luck to all the nominees!smylez120 Dec 31, 2012
Dec 30, 2012 The Plague of Soralinas It had been two hundred years since the outbreak of what is now called the Plague of Decay. All the nations are prospering as they had before the plague. Useful new technologies are being researched by all the races, except the Orcs, they're too stupid. War has returned to a normal thing between the Orcs and other races, namely the Dwarves and Humans. The Forsan's are at a higher than ever population, and they recently have birthed many witches and warlocks. The humans have gotten started on the most basic of pistols, but these are only available to the royal family. Trade between the human and elven nations are at an all time high and the Dwarves have found out how to build explosives, and even Gatling Guns. But recently, a human trade town in Norsia has went completely dark, nothing is known about them. There are no signs of anyone, and no signs of attack. It's like everyone just got up and left. This is only known to the royal family and top commanders of Norsia, no one else. Could this just be a timely raid, or the plague returning? The Land or Soralinas:http://tzapquiel.deviantart.com/art/Tamriel-270677923 Hammerfell and Highrock are Norsia, the forested, somewhat mountainous home of Humans. Morrowind is the Wasteland, a place with some vegetation, and little wildlife, this is home to the Dark Elves, and it lacks much sunlight. Summerset Isles being Forsatina, forest covered island of the Forsans. Argonia being Dorsal, the swampy, disease filled land of the Gornasins. Elsweyr being Deria, plain home of the humans. Valenwood is Dartkal, mountainous and forested home of the brutal Orcs. Cyrodil as Seralis, home of the High Elves, place covered in many different types of landscapes, with the exception of deserts and arctic like places. At last, Skyrim being Terra, mountainous home of the Dwarves. Sorry for how messy this was. "Wait for Character sheet to be posted. Link to sign up/discussion thread is following, it also holds all the lore: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7415463756?page=1"ShadowFury63 Dec 30, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 From Order Comes Chaos III This is the link to the PRP where new characters are posted. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6794709736?page=1 Character sheet list. Poltergeist Mercenaries. <LeKroger> John Flint Sr. {Terran,Zerg,Protoss} Poltergeist Regent, Captain of Fury of Terra Abilities: Morph, Psi-barrier, Psi-enhancement, Plague, Psi-storm, Rapid Regeneration, Psionic Assault, Deploy Serpent Soldier, Purification (Only available when on board Fury of Terra) Armament: Revolver, Psi-blade, Morphed weaponry, Prototype Grenades, Prototype Storm Gauss Rifle John Flint Jr. {Terran,Zerg,Protoss} Mechanic, Mech/ShipPilot Abilities: Morph, Repair, Defense Matrix, Mechanic's touch, Psi-Barrier, Mechnopathy, Armament: Shotgun, Pistol, EMP grenade, Nanite combat knife, Psi-blade, Psi-rifle, Morphed weaponry <Zarkun> Kayle Manassa {Terran} Shock Trooper, Terminator Abilites: Teleport, Suppressive fire, Incendiary rounds, Specialization-Earth (Passive), True Strike, Integrated Jetpack, Extra armor, Energy shield, Encumbered (Limited movement speed), Heavy blow (focuses all your suits power into a heavy hammer swing that will cripple if not instantly kill an enemy, AoE damage as well. Long cool down and ability leave you exposed to your foes for a short time.) Armament: Ragnor, Claymore of Earth, VMN-200, XCY-300 Assault Rifle, Storm Gauss rifle , Grenade launcher, Shock hammer, Name: Torvus Jentus {Terran} Special Forces, Assassin Abilities: Cloak, Master Assassin (Passive) Blademaster (Passive) Force User (Passive), low light vision, Muscular modifications, Poison rounds, Coat blade (Poisons the currently equiped blade with a neurotoxin that will paralyze the first person that come in contact with it. One use per coat. Does not stack.) Armament:Suppressed assault rifle/Suppressed Sniper rifle Suppressed pistol, Flashbang Grenade, Special forces combat knife, Poison Grenade, Incendia, Blade of Fire, Glacies, Blade of ice, specialized throwing knives, Plasma sword a.k.a lightsaber, Assassin's blades, <ShadowFury> Name: Korzis Ravius {Terran/Protoss} Special Forces/Black Ops Abilities: Psionic Barrier, Psionic Bolt, Telekinesis, low light vision, Muscular modifications, Thermal Vision, Poison rounds, Advance Cloaking device Armaments: Suppressed assault rifle/Suppressed Sniper rifle, Suppressed pistol, Flashbang Grenade, Special forces combat knife, Katana Name: Zaros {Terran/Ral'Zar} Special Forces/Commando Abilities: Cloak, low light vision, Muscular modifications, Enhanced modifications, Armament: Katana, Silent Plasma Rifle, Suppressed Assault Rifle, Flamethrower, Pistol, Combat Knife, Flash Bang, Name: Kazlak the Outlaw {Ral'Zar} Mechanic/Engineer Abilities: Piloting, Warp in Phantom, Build Shade Turret, Repair, Defense Matrix, Mechanic's touch, Deconstruct (Slowly disassembles structures both ally and enemy), Place MAC turret (STA+STS attacks slow rate of fire but deal high damage. Extremely effective against vehicles), Place Bunker, Place Barricade. Armament: Shotgun, Pistol, EMP grenade, Nanite combat knife, Welding torch, explosive pack, Ral'Zar Energy Cannon (a large weapon that fires a blast of energy but takes a fair amount of time to cool down), Ral'Zar Plasma Pistol (a small weapon that fires small bursts of plasma and very easily able to vent out when over heating allowing a fast cool down), Name:Dar'Los, the Fighter {Ral'Zar} Foot Soldier/ Standard Infantry Abilities: Banshee Scream, Advance targeting optics, Basic energy shield, Psionic Dampener rounds, Fast reload, Armament: Assault rifle, Pistol, Fragmentation grenades, Large combat knife, Plasma grenades, Flame thrower attachment, Blood Rifle (fires crimson metal shards at opponents which explodes into minute shards after 15 seconds), <wfawwer> Name: Jennifer Atel {Terran} Foot Soldier/ Medic Abilities: Defiler, Restorative Nanites, Optic Flare, Medic Shield, Advance targeting optics, Basic energy shield, Psionic Dampener rounds, Heal, Administer Stims, Poison Rounds, Armament: Assault rifle, Pistol, Fragmentation grenades, Large combat knife, Medic Shield, Name: Laura Atel {Terran} Foot Soldier/Medic Abilities: Miniature Viper, Restorative Nanites, Optic Flare, Medic Shield, Advance targeting optics, Basic energy shield, Psionic Dampener rounds, Heal, Administer Stims, Poison Rounds, Armament: Assault rifle, Pistol, Fragmentation grenades, Large combat knife, Medic Shield, Repulsion Shield, Nanite Beam (Boosts almost all stats of whoever it is trained on), "Disengager" (Fires a round that knocks target back a set distance) <CrymsonRaven> Name: Cynthia Ravius {Terran/Protoss} Special Forces/ Spec ops. Abilities: Psi Tap, Maiden's Will, Void Step ,Cloak, low light vision, Muscular modifications, Stun rounds, EMP rounds, Lock picking, Armament: Tomahawk, Semi Automatic Crossbow, Suppressed assault rifle, Suppressed pistol, Flashbang Grenade, Special forces combat knife, <Fantasy> Wynn {Terran} Special forces Weaponry- Sniper rifle, Blanket, hidden knife, Suppressed pistol, Flashbang Grenade, Special forces combat knife Abilities-Birthright, Light end, Cloak, low light vision, Muscular modifications Collective Triad. <LeKroger> Name: The Director {Terran?} Leader of The Collective Triad Abilities: Deploy Watchers, Summon Elite Guard, Place Decoy, Final Solution, Armament: Hidden psi-blade, Cyanide injector, <CrymsonRaven> Name: Viola Harmdas {Appears Terran truly Alki} Watcher/Commisar Abilities: llusion Disguise (passive/active), Disorientation, Battlebarge Support, Cloak, Thermal vision, Toxic injection, Demoralize enemy, Rally forces, Kill defectors, Armament: Snare rifle, Silencer's pistol, Stun grenade, Silencer's combat knife, Maya, Blade of Illusions, Spider Grenade, SAC-800 Suppressed Assault SMG. <Fantasy> Name: Cain Light {Terran?} Watcher/Infiltrator Abilities: Angel's soul, Art of the Lifegiver, Dominating pressure, Advanced cloak, Computer hack, Thermal vision, Toxic injection, Silent footsteps, Armament: Snare rifle, Silencer's pistol, Stun grenade, Silencer's combat knife, EMP/Stun Grenade, Smoke grenade <Dacder> Name: Justin Willow {Terran} Loyalty:Collective Field Medic/Field Surgeon Abilities: Sharp Instruments, Heal, Optical flare, Poison rounds, Increased heal speed, Shock Paddles (Change to revive a fallen ally or kill and enemy), Armament: Syringe (Is generally filled with h2o2, to poison enemies.), scalpel, Customized Black and Red assault rifle w/ scope, Poison grenades (filled with mustard gas), and a pistol Groups that will or have picked a side in the RP <CrymsonRaven> The Alki <Jester> Name: 4N9D2-K0L39-3S4B6 {Vaxarus} Diplomat Platform/Offensive Specialization Abilities: Mode Swap, Nanite Refinement (Power), Overdrive (Power), Lightning (Performance), Flow Beacon (Performance), Armament: Heavy Pulse-blades (Power) Light Pulse-blades (Performance) Name: Tratos {Terran (Mutant)} Loyalty: Poltergeist Class: Leader SubClass: Outcast Commander Abilities: Rally, Beacon, EMP Grenade Armament: XRM-99 Assault Rifle, E.L.E.R.D.S., Katana OOC: For my sake and others the following text styles will be used to portray these people. Normal text will portray DMing. Bold will portray John Flint Sr. Underline will portray the Director Bold underline will portray John Flint Jr. Italics will be for the names of ships, telepathic communication, and/or thoughts. Note: When Italics is used with any font or a listed character it reads as though it is coming from that person.LeKroger475 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 This Is Their Story: Chapter VI Background: The year is 5978. The Protoss and the Zerg have been dormant for centuries after the Tribes Conflict, the Epic Wars, and the Damnation Age. Humanity is "In deep crap currently. All factions have collapsed, and resources are thin. This time has been entitled as the Dark Epoch. Very few planets are hospitable, colonies are hard to be sustained, and people live in lives that were previously beyond inhumane, but is now the standard. De-Evolution is an understatement. One planet, currently un-named is quite small, about 1/4th times larger than the Earthern moon. The planet is home to camps of wild creatures, mutated from various synthetic alements, camps of bandits(humans who want to loot, burn and pillage any form of Utopian society), and 8 people. These 8 are descendants of great leaders from past times. They have no recognition of their own lives, but understand their current situation they are in. They are the only people capable of leading humanity back to greatness. Or sending them down past Hell. This. Is their story. Characters: >Korozain< Name: Kain "Korozain" Orin Build: Light Descendant: Orin Family, "Korozain" Orin, Shade Gheist Legend Description: Tall, moderately muscled. Black, short spiked hair. (Uses a natural tree sap for "hairgel") Dark Tan skin, mild facial hair (thin beard around mouth). Wears a thin, durable metal obsidian like armor. Armor is ornate, and a sacred model to the Orin Family. Starts with an obsidian polearm(ornate sword tip much like a Naginata) with a dark metal tip. Personality wise, he is very distant from other people but once he trusts you, he'll speak to you. He tends to tell jokes a lot, mainly very dark sense of humor. Mercy, love, compassion. All are lost concepts to him. Known mental issues in the past... Skills: Dark Arts, long melee weapons(staffs or spears), Agile. [Dark Arts is a fighting style used by psionics of the Shade Gheists that normally involves kicks or joint(like elbows and knees) attacks, also allows the fighter to use a dark energy and cast attacks (requires alot of energy and willpower to do.] Name: Magistrate Zaron Race: Protoss (Nerazim) Tribe: The Akeilei Stalkers Description: Dark, skin. Long, dark, dark, purple robe with various zerg bones and some protoss. He wields a Void Blade, a scythe with two blade endings (2 extending on either side of the shaft so more like quad bladed). Hood normally hides his face and you only see his glowing eyes. Skills: Agile, leader, high class psionic. >Zarkun< Name: Jared "Slasher" Rios Body build: Average Descendant: Rios, Cayl Rios-Lord Knight of Loria Description: Brown eyes, Scar on left eye and arm, brown hair, thin and muscular, leather armor with mithrite reinforcment and Lorian nanites in blood stream, goatee, solemn, but loyal to friends and family. Likes to train in all shapes and forms, including working out. Wields a single edged long sword and VMN-300 Submachine gun Skills: Weapons master, namely with single edged long swords, marksmen, and hand to hand combatant, quick and agile, not unlike his ancestor. >Warhawk< Name: Stefan "Hawkeye" Alexander Body build: average Descendant: Honor Alexander - High Admiral Description: - Appearance; about 6 foot, muscles like a swimmer, eurasian decent with a solid tan, green eyes, longish dark brown hair kept back in a ponytail, some stubble, hunting boots(black), military cargo pants(green camo), tee shirt(white), reenforced leather bracers(brown), armored vest(green camo). - Personality; suspicious of those he doesn’t know, hard to befriend, trusts friends to watch his back, despises traitors. - Behaviors; formal with all he doesn’t know, far more open with friends, highly protective of the weak, to betray him is to sign your death warrant. Skills: well trained in mixed martial arts, near expert marksman, wide array of survival skills. Weapon: high-powered bolt action hunting rifle w/ retractable 6” bayonet and removable scope. Also has a set of brass knuckles. >ShadowFury< Name: Jordan Raksin Build: Light Descendent: Raksin, a powerful Field Marshall. Description: Appearance: Is about 5' 7" and is almost without muscular build. Is pale white skinned with brown eyes and brown military style haircut. A clean shaven face. He wears camouflage fabric and hard brown leather boots. He wears a kevlar vest just under his shirt. Personality: Doesn't give sh!t about others. Though other than that he's a happy go lucky. Behavior: Often wanders into situations where he has to end up running away while randomly firing. Skills: Is a grand marksman as well as very stealthy. Weapon: High powered rifle with scope. Name: Cole Davin Build: Heavy Descendent: Kofrin Davin, the biggest human to walk the universe. Earned a place in history simply by being able to kill several Zerg hives by himself. Description: Appearance: 6' 10" with tons of muscles. His skin is tanned with brown eyes and bald. He has no facial hair. He wears black muscle shirt with black sweat pants and a kevlar vest. Personality: Friendly and will do anything for a friend. He is very trusting. He is a complete idiot. Behavior: He will often accidentally destroy an object. Sometimes of great value. Skills: Can use anything that he can hold as a weapon. Weapon: A Flanged Mace. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Maza_de_armas.jpg >Jester< Name: McKenzie Huntington Build: Light, Lithe Descendent: Max Huntington, infamous Mercenary Leader Description: Appearance: Roughly 5' 10" with tanned skin, blue eyes, short red hair. Uses a black light armor with stripes of red around her armor. Doesn't like wear a helmet. Personality: Realistic person who likes people, and charismatic. Usually well-liked, even to people who don't know her. Behavior: Enjoys combat, but tries to find a peaceful solutions to stop fights before they start. Skills: Good with Automatic rifles and psionic abilities that allow her to summon a projection of a creature who fights. This creature lasts for about 8 minutes. Weapon: Exotic automatic rifle with a bayonet. Has twin serrated knives >CrymsonRaven< Name: Jen Stukov Devise Body build: Average, Lithe Descendant: Devise and Stukov, Rebecca and Leon during their times and they led a group of Terran's of their own on a planet that was nowhere near the Dominion after something happened on a certain planet. Description: 5'11" palish skin to a tanned look, orange eyes, very dark brown hair, hair is long and slightly wavy. Wears a leather vest along with chaps and a cloak. Hard to sway, hunter, thoughts of adaption. Can be quiet and is hard to trust others at first but once there is respect and trust along with friendship then she will help them in need. Skills: Good psionics since the first people that started the bloodline were a Shadow and a Valkyrie. Is adapt at a hunting spear that can be used for multiple uses, fishing, hunting, killing, leverage... Weapon: Hunting Spear <TheLostMorph> Character Name: Oraia Raynor Race: Terran (part zerg) [NOT infested] Build: athletic (Light-Average) Descendent: Raynor, Jimmy Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan Description: Oraia has a few zerg tendrils entwined with her fiery red medium length hair (think HotS Kerrigan but with her normal hair as well and fewer tendrils). She stands about 5’5”, has brown eyes, lightly tanned skin, a mark of Erini on her left shoulder blade [http://silentnight4k.deviantart.com/#/d5nhp2h], psi index of 10, she wears an orange modified spectre suit with a white kitsune painted on the right shoulder. Oraia is a bit laid back but will follow orders, shy around people she doesn’t know, once she gets to know someone she is very friendly, hates the zerg even when she controls them Skills: Mechanic, Psionic. Survival Skills, mixed martial arts, infiltration, field repairs, rapid regeneration, control zerg (the bigger the zerg strain the fewer she can control, max of about 10 at any one time), telekinesis and telepathy Weapons: Modified Warp Blade, Plasma Assault RifleKorozain500 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 The Liberation (Sci-fi RP) Applications For anyone who wants to join my RP, this is the application Original Pre-RP here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7415495302 Here is the Application Name: Original Occupation: Gender: Race: (Human, PsiHuman, Lenessa, or Xenomorph. Details on races are in the Pre-RP) Abilities: (Disabled until rescue) Fill it out if you want to join.xer0 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 The Liberation (Pre-RP) If you read this hopefully you will join this RP. If you do not cooperate with me or the rules then you will be killed. Have Fun! Rules: -Need to capture weapons -There is no teamkilling, but friendly fire is allowed -My character can use psionic powers to disable anyone if something gets out of hand Background: A number of prisoners have were taken to an Imperial Prison. 4 Commandos were sent to liberate them. The 4 Commandos are: Classified Converse Documents -------------------- Name: Zero Occupation: Current leader of Converse Forces Gender: Male Race: PsiHuman Abilities: Psionic Blast, Disable, Psi form, and Cloak -------------------- Name: Jack Occupation: Righthand Commander to Zero Gender: Male Race: PsiHuman Abilities: Siphon Dart, Snipe, Cloak, and Lesser Psi form -------------------- Name: Zera'tai Occupation: Jack's Companion Gender: Male Race: Lenessa Abilities: Cloak, Slash, Blink, Shadow Clone -------------------- Name: Raymond Occupation: Lefthand to Zero and Commander of the Galactica Project Gender: Male Race: Human Abilities: Cloak, Airstrike, Snipe, and Blink Device ------------------- Every player initially starts as a prisoner. Afterwards they will get rescued. ------------------- Prison Documents: Name: Gender: Race: Abilities: (Will not be enabled until release) -------------------- Races Available: Human/Terran PsiHuman ( Humans/Terrans capable of the use of higher psionics, such as transforming into a psionic form capable of mass destruction) Lenessa (Your basic Protoss race, mainly consists of Dark Templar-like warriors) Xenomorphs (The Zerg Race, basically the same thing except doesn't infest things) ------------------- Racial "units": Humans: Prisoner, Later a Light Infantry Unit PsiHuman: Prisoner, Later a Ghost in lighter armor, has psionic dampeners preventing most abiities) Lenessa: Prisoner, later a Dark Templar type Unit Xenomorph: Beginning choice between Warg(Hydralisk) and a Scout (Zergling) -------------------- This RP was made for fun, and there will be more in an episodic fashion.xer41 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 The Dime and Spectre: KnarledOne's PRP Inn. It has come to my attention that the inhabitants of these forums are far more cultured and civilized than those of the surrounding areas, and thus need some place to immerse themselves in high class culture, the kind NOT possessed by Thunder’s and Zanon’s PRP Bar. The code of conduct contains only seven words: I reserve the right to shoot you. I have an authentic Zanon Revolver Replica, and I am not afraid to use it. Also, many of the items sold here are made to honor the greatest of RPs and RPers. So, without further ado: Drink menu. The Smylez: This drink is completely harmless (please ignore the green smoke) and will do absolutely no damage to your liver and kidneys. Seriously. Popsicle: Perfect for when the creative juices of your mind are depleted. A favorite of popular author Mockingjay. The Zanon: Peace, order and justice. Gunpoint to follow. A Warhawk creation. Korhallian Burgundy: Extremely flammable. Trust me, I know. *shudder* The Breakout: Causes you to feel increasingly epic until you suddenly pass out right before reaching maximum awesomeness. Mothership: It seems like it would be a really great idea, but it costs a ton, and it’s so big you can only have one at a time. An Owlfeathers drink. Food menu. Terran food. Spectre Scone: Has been know to cause a Crash. Extra Deliciously Tasty Biscuit: OH BOY! OH BOY! IT’S AN EXTRA DELICIOUSLY TASTY BISCUIT!! Doom Shrooms: Destroys everything you hold dear. It won’t be hard. Meat Pie: Actually, no… I have no idea what kind of meat that is… hm. Smells like kitten, maybe. Scone: Comes in virtually any flavor you can imagine. Tea and Biscuits: Anyone asking for an explanation will be shot. Zerg food. Changeling Swirl (ice cream): The most tasty swirl you'll ever taste. Specially made by a subzero ice cream dispenser created by a certain hybrid. It moves ever so slightly. Induces severe giddiness and euphoria. Don't mind the constant chattering in your head. It'll go away after it takes over your brain. A Smylez creation. Marine: Boiled until the shell takes on a delicious red color… or, blue color… or green… you know, I’m beginning to think they already looked like that. Creepshake: Yes, this is considered food. Haven’t you ever tried to eat Creep? A favorite of famous RPer Vultureling. Live Creep: In case you think eating needs to be an extreme sport. Broodling Legs: Get over it. Zerg eat Zerg. Fried Liver: It seems strangely familiar… Protoss “food”: Psi Cherries: Psionic fruit? Mashed Potatoes: Absorb the tastiness! Additional Comments: Please don’t set the liquor on fire, or we’ll have to ask you to leave. There aren’t any Roaches in the back… but I AM a Roach, so that would be redundant. Smylez is in charge when I am not around.KnarledOne500 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 World's End: R&R discussion thread/PreRP The First Beast-Human war has come to a close, with the Human race as the victors. After many vicious battles, the Human’s army managed to push the Beast men’s Grand Army back to their capitol city, Tyr’Goth, where they laid siege to it for several weeks, eventually managing to break down the gates to the city with the Flaming Ram and climb the walls with their siege ladders and grapple hooks. The ensuing battle claimed the lives of many on both sides, including the lives of the Beast men generals and their queen, or so they thought. In truth, the queen had managed to collapse the palace on the soldiers sent after her while escaping through a secret passage. Now, 15 years later, the remaining Beast Men military is split into two resistance groups who use hit and run tactics to attack human caravans and supply wagons. The former Captain Kyle Wester and his regiment the Hell Raisers fight along side the group led by Lady Simiras, thought to be the only remaining member of the royal family of the Beast men. Rod’nac is one of the other leaders and together they strike against Human Empire, called the Eternal Imperium. King Solomon’s goal was achieved. He now held all four Empyrean relics and was given life eternal. He continues to wage his war against the remaining Beast Men, and has turned his sights on the Krynar and the Sylt’ar. How long will he stand against the Revolution that is rising in the Beast Men’s lands, and how long can he avoid Retribution for his crimes? Remaining lore from here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7006894763?page=1 It contains the link to the original idea.Zarkun34 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Thunder's and Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 6) The code of conduct remains unchanged my friends, what I say goes, and the roaches in the back haven't been fed recently. (Please excuse me while I fix that) Now to the important stuff... Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you take this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. If you wake up. The Smylez: This beverage is delicious, trust me. Drinking it will have absolutely no harmful effects on you (please ignore the green smoke), and your liver and kidneys will not be damaged in the least. Seriously. Nukester's Supreme - Some said he was crazy, he said they were right. After much struggling, he added this drink to the menu. Crimson red and transparent, this steams, and condensation will gather on the glass. Take a sip, and go for a ride, anything could happen. Side effects may vary; depending on weight. Only consume in shot glasses. Nukester is not responsible for any changes in behavior, or appearance. See your doctor if it gets in eyes. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with this stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Maximum time of one week. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: 1) throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are 2) personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks and 3: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Complain about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers!Zarkun73 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Conscientia: Planet of Knowledge Part 2 There is trouble on a distant planet in the Korpulu sector. A group of thirty-one rouge spectres has been tracked down by the Dominion to their base on the planet Conscientia which is Latin for “conscious” or “knowledge”. That is an appropriate name for the group of spectres that collects knowledge. Unable to flee the planet in time, the spectres have called from aid from various mercenaries. Their contacts include freed zerg broods, free roaming protoss fleets, and lost or rebellious terran forces. The vast knowledge that the spectres have gained from each of the races is vast indeed. None of the mercenaries could hope to find that kind of information by themselves. That is the price for their loyalty and service. The mercenaries are paid with technology. That is the deal. Three options are given to the role players. You are allowed access to the spectres. You may take a spectre and make him or her your own character, but the rules are many. No spectre would betray the group despite the differences they may have. The group is like a fraternity in that regard. You can be Dominion forces. If you decide to take up the red flag you will receive 250 supply and given command of a company. You will have a superior and you must follow his orders, but only for the big stuff. You control your group by yourself unless you are given orders to the contrary. You will have ordinary technology as the Dominion. The last choice, and the most dynamic, is the mercenary group. Not only can you be any of the three races, you will be given access to a variety of interesting technology provided by the spectres. The technology will start at the basic level, affecting only tier one units. Then as time goes on, you are allowed to pick from a list of technology to develop upon until the end of the RP. The only downside of the mercenaries is that you will have only 200 supply and they will be outnumbered at least 4:5. Neither side can make or produce more units, so be careful. Pick your favorite. Be prepared to set up a description for any group or person you want in case I need you to switch over to balance the sides. Hero characters will play a big part in the plot. I, myself, may have as many as thirteen characters. Make sure to make a description of your hero character. The character will be either a spectre in my group, a commander of a Dominion company, or a commander of a mercenary group. They shouldn’t be a one man army that can kill a thousand men by him or herself. We have to be reasonable. They can be genetically altered like my character Daniel Cobb who was powers similar to the characters in the Prototype videogame series, but they have to balance out somewhat. As long as your commander stills alive, you are still in the RP even if your forces are destroyed. You can make other characters besides your commander of course. Please note that every mercenary commander will be assigned a spectre supervisor. If your hero IS one of the spectres, then you may supervise a mercenary group as well. The Dominion does allow psionics to be commanders from time to time, but they control special operations usually. If you take a Dominion psionic, then you will be a black operation commander and will be given a company as usual. Choose your heroes carefully. The setting and plot is the final point here. The battles take place on the planet Conscientia in the far reaches of the Korpulu sector. The planet is Earth-like and is 70% ocean. The gravity is slightly higher than Earth however. Similar to the darwven grand city in the Inheritance Cycle, the spectre base is located on a mountain overlooking a forest covered valley below. The entrance to the valley is narrow, but that is less of a problem because of drop ships. The valley is 3 miles long (about 5 kilometers) and a mile wide (1.66 kilometers). There is a plateau large enough to hold all the mercenary factions at the base of the mountain. Vast tunnels snake inside the mountain. Here the spectres’ have built their den. Here is where the magic and the information are stored. No one from the Dominion is allowed to take one step inside. This is where the final line is drawn. Ladies and gentlemen prepare for a fight as you are immediately thrown into combat. As the battle looms, both sides plan for the battle and there will be bloodshed. Choose your side and pick your commanders. If you are a mercenary, then the longer your side survives, the better you will fare. You will gain technology as time goes on. If you are Dominion, the harder it will be for you to win as time goes on. Plan carefully, attack the weak spots, send your spies, coordinate your movements, and, most importantly, survive. Choose your hero well and prepare yourself for assassination attempts. Lock your windows and doors. Be vigilant. The line has been drawn and here the battle will be held. Prepare yourselves and do not let your guard down. It is up to you to do your job. Good luck, commanders.Thecommander311 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 27, 2012 DarkBlade: Conquest of the Ancients PreRP The Arrival of Ser The continent of Serin was once a barren wasteland, surrounded by oceans. Nothing could grow there and it was roamed by ferocious, man eating beasts. Then, about ten thousand years before our story takes place, a large stone of purity and health and magic power crashed into the middle of the continent and that all changed. Soon, trees and grass and plants of all kinds began to grow from where the stone had crashed, and spread across the continent. Many of the violent beasts soon calmed and became friendlier, and people and other kinds of animals began to appear, the ocean became vibrant with life, and a river of great abundance soon flowed throughout the continent. The stone gave off an aura of life, and the people of Serin called it Ser, and called the continent Serin, in honor of the crystal that had allowed them to come into existence. The rise and fall of the Ancients However, during all this, Chaos, Ser’s opposite, instilled in the most ferocious of the beasts who had existed before Ser’s arrival with power and intelligence, and they came to be known as the Ancients, beings who had existed before Ser and had resisted it’s calming influence. Using their abilities, they attacked the civilizations that the new races of humans and elves had begun to build, bringing the two races to their knees. However, before the Ancients could cause any further harm, a mighty army of the two combined races fought back. Many casualties were received from the army, but eventually the mages of the two races were able to seal them away along with their master, Cortus, who swore that they would return to this world to exact revenge and destroy the Ser. Peace once more enveloped the continent of Serin, but it wasn’t to last. The Replons and Savior of Ser Eight thousand years passed, during which the elves had begun to construct a dream world so that they had somewhere to call home, without incident and civilization spread throughout Serin. Soon humanity had built machines that ran off the power of Ser, known as Replons. The Replons served many purposes, building, healing, but, the grossest us of Ser’s power, were the militant Replons, used to begin enforcing humanity’s will on the elves. This rarely worked however, as the elves and humans were never close and the elves lived in the trees, so the most the Replons could do is keep them in their trees, which didn’t bother them any at all. However, there was a price for these machines that humans didn’t know about, and soon found out. With each new Replon Ser’s power deteriorated, and eventually Chaos took over once more, and the Replons ceased their production, and the oceans flooded the land, dividing the continent. The world was beginning to come apart when a mysterious person appeared and returned power to Ser, though not as strong as before. Now the world is once again at peace, and it is slowly returning to Ser. The Breaking of Ser With the Savior of the Ser having done his job, he took up residence inside the tower built for the Ser, watching over it and keeping it in balance. To assist with this, he assigned masters to control the water, Aquos, earth, Gaia, winds, Aero, sun, Solaris, moon, Luna, and fire, Ignus. These masters balanced out Ser’s various powers, making sure that none were more powerful then the others. Every four years, an event where the sun and the moon formed an eclipse occurs and the Ser is self balanced, allowing for the masters and peoples of the realm to take time to spend time in each others company. Everything was in perfect balance and came to be called the Balance Day. However, it is during this day that the Ser is most vulnerable. During one Balance Day, the Ser tower came under attack from Solaris, who felt sorry for the Savior’s blight, and wanted the Savior of Ser to come with her. Together they left the tower and soon the tower guards and Solaris’ followers came to a disagreement. Unable to handle this, the Ser began to overload and eventually exploded, sending it’s fragments all across the continent in many pieces of varying size. Soon the land that was unprotected by larger shards of Ser were reclaimed by Chaos. Ser’s Pieces The explosion cause the Ser to break apart into many pieces, all different sizes, and disperse among the two continents. To avoid the death that Chaos was causing, humans fled to places with larger pieces of Ser protecting them, and the elves began to return to the second place they’d created, a dreamlike world. Soon, there were few elves still on Serin. Survivors of the second great cataclysm, called the Breaking, couldn’t survive in areas without the pieces of Ser, and those who had followed the Masters had given their lives to return the continent to it’s former state. Now the world is full of those who fight to protect the pieces and those who steal them and use them for their own needs. This, is where our story begins….Zarkun53 Dec 27, 2012
Dec 27, 2012 Thunder's and Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 5) The code of conduct remains unchanged my friends, what I say goes, and the roaches in the back haven't been fed recently. (Please excuse me while I fix that) Now to the important stuff... Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you take this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. If you wake up. The Smylez: This beverage is delicious, trust me. Drinking it will have absolutely no harmful effects on you (please ignore the green smoke), and your liver and kidneys will not be damaged in the least. Seriously. Nukester's Supreme - Some said he was crazy, he said they were right. After much struggling, he added this drink to the menu. Crimson red and transparent, this steams, and condensation will gather on the glass. Take a sip, and go for a ride, anything could happen. Side effects may vary; depending on weight. Only consume in shot glasses. Nukester is not responsible for any changes in behavior, or appearance. See your doctor if it gets in eyes. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with this stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Maximum time of one week. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: 1) throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are 2) personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks and 3: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Complain about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers!Zarkun500 Dec 27, 2012
Dec 25, 2012 Random Christmas Rant Happy holidays everyone. I posted this here, because, I don't facebook and I just needed somewhere to type up some thoughts. I'm not looking for any advice or anything, but am I alone in the story I'm about to share. I hope I am in a sense. So I work all the time. ALL THE TIME. I went from 7 days a week to 6 days a week to just have a day off to be able to plan for whatever may come up in life and to spend time with the family. I have been working two jobs for as long as I remember working in the first place and school part-time. I am a step father of two and I recently took up the entire months bills because my lady is going to school full time now. I went on a MISSION to find their gifts and some were in such demand that I couldn't find them all. The day comes to open presents and I get complaints...wtf. They're not bad kids, but those moments man... Can't wait til they learn the value of a dollar, yet, they'll only know once they start paying their own bills and no one is dishing out to pay for electric, water, roof over the head, INTERNET (which they think is free like education), and clothes (of which I pretty much only buy for work purposes myself). /sigh That feels a little better. TY Starcraft community.Essadis0 Dec 25, 2012
Dec 25, 2012 Every man needs to shave right? check it D: so found this cool site www.dollarshaveclub.com you can get razor blades cheap as heck delivered to your door every month from $1, $6 and $9 im a gamer, I work, i come home I game. Last thing on my mind is when to get blades to shave this jungle on my face. I signed up and the blades are awesome as hell. so check it out my fellow gamers! if you like what you see, use this link it will help me out :) if you dont want to, thats fine, atleast now you know if you didnt know about the dollar shave club. http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/5nfd/mwom8z/ P.S the video on the main page is so funny xDChuey1 Dec 25, 2012
Dec 23, 2012 Note of absence. For those of you who do not know, I will be mostly missing for a little while following Christmas. The reason for this is a vacation to see family members, and it's a road trip. I will be forced to do the following because of this. 1) Hand DMing of P&P to Zarkun, or someone else. 2) Plothole out my characters or simply have them do nothing for a week and a half+. Just thought you'd all like to know beforehand.Dacder6 Dec 23, 2012
Dec 23, 2012 Peoples and Politics Part 2 Backstory: Nearly 100 years ago, the last great war ended. The humans had gained control over the sector, and had exiled the Zerg and Protoss. Originally, it was decided that all should be put into one, giant, Galactic Empire, however, this lost favor and instead many smaller states were made. A Great Council was made, for all diplomats in the galaxy to meet at and discuss major issues within the galaxy, however it could only make limited decisions, and had no military power other than an alliance with everyone in the galaxy. Surprisingly though, it held on, and has held on for one-hundred years, maintaining near-constant peace and making swift decisions to all issues. But recently, the small fringe nation of Mirlt went dark, and when an investigation showed that it had been utterly destroyed, it was abandoned and it's representative killed himself. Could it have been a Zerg? A Protoss? Something else? Nobody knew, and so a council was scheduled to be called in... Description of RP: This RP will be....different. It won't work as most do, but rather will work by making war, political talk, and the occasional war/fight. You may have several different types of characters, free characters of your nation who are free to do whatever, and may engage in subplots if you wish, a Leader, and a diplomat. Having all three are recommended, but only a diplomat is required. You will have an entire nation at your disposal, and may do with it as you please. Discussion Thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7199029893Dacder408 Dec 23, 2012
Dec 22, 2012 The City of the Living. It happened swiftly. It happens that way to everyone in the end, I think. Whether it's sudden and unexpected, or the inevitable that has been steadily approaching for far too long, in the end it is swift. Darkness descended upon me. I found myself in liquid. Odd... not what I expected. I pondered this strangeness briefly until suddenly I realized, to my alarm, that I felt the need to breathe. I quickly tried to determine which way is 'up' and began swimming for dear life. Desperately I clawed at the water, trying to reach something I could breathe. My hand broke the surface of the water, but I could not find anything to grip. I felt a surge of panic as my strength left me. Suddenly, a hand grasped mine. It was an unpleasant hand, hard and bony, but at that time it could have been made of gold. I clenched it tightly, and my savior pulled me suddenly from the water. I knelt by the side of the pool I had been drowning in, coughing and gasping. I turned to look at my rescuer. And came face to face with a grinning skull. I leapt backwards with a yelp, raising an arm to shield myself from this sight. There was no flesh on my arm. It was completely skeletal, the individual bones held together and motivated by some unseen force. "Welcome, newcomer." said a voice. I realized it was the skeleton, and that the skull's eye sockets glowed faintly. "Welcome to the City of the Living."KnarledOne7 Dec 22, 2012
Dec 22, 2012 Bay Area Players? Hey everyone! Any SC2 players from the Bay around the college age range? Trying to make some friends to hit Barcrafts with and share the same interests! =Dmusashi3 Dec 22, 2012
Dec 22, 2012 DarkBlade planning thread This is also a discussion thread, just no room in the title. The Arrival of Ser The continent of Serin was once a barren wasteland, surrounded by oceans. Nothing could grow there and it was roamed by ferocious, man eating beasts. Then, about ten thousand years before our story takes place, a large stone of purity and health and magic power crashed into the middle of the continent and that all changed. Soon, trees and grass and plants of all kinds began to grow from where the stone had crashed, and spread across the continent. Many of the violent beasts soon calmed and became friendlier, and people and other kinds of animals began to appear, the ocean became vibrant with life, and a river of great abundance soon flowed throughout the continent. The stone gave off an aura of life, and the people of Serin called it Ser, and called the continent Serin, in honor of the crystal that had allowed them to come into existence. The rise and fall of the Ancients However, during all this, Chaos, Ser’s opposite, instilled in the most ferocious of the beasts who had existed before Ser’s arrival with power and intelligence, and they came to be known as the Ancients, beings who had existed before Ser and had resisted it’s calming influence. Using their abilities, they attacked the civilizations that the new races of humans and elves had begun to build, bringing the two races to their knees. However, before the Ancients could cause any further harm, a mighty army of the two combined races fought back. Many casualties were received from the army, but eventually the mages of the two races were able to seal them away along with their master, Cortus, who swore that they would return to this world to exact revenge and destroy the Ser. Peace once more enveloped the continent of Serin, but it wasn’t to last. The Replons and Savior of Ser Eight thousand years passed, during which the elves had begun to construct a dream world so that they had somewhere to call home, without incident and civilization spread throughout Serin. Soon humanity had built machines that ran off the power of Ser, known as Replons. The Replons served many purposes, building, healing, but, the grossest us of Ser’s power, were the militant Replons, used to begin enforcing humanity’s will on the elves. This rarely worked however, as the elves and humans were never close and the elves lived in the trees, so the most the Replons could do is keep them in their trees, which didn’t bother them any at all. However, there was a price for these machines that humans didn’t know about, and soon found out. With each new Replon Ser’s power deteriorated, and eventually Chaos took over once more, and the Replons ceased their production, and the oceans flooded the land, dividing the continent. The world was beginning to come apart when a mysterious person appeared and returned power to Ser, though not as strong as before. Now the world is once again at peace, and it is slowly returning to Ser. The Breaking of Ser With the Savior of the Ser having done his job, he took up residence inside the tower built for the Ser, watching over it and keeping it in balance. To assist with this, he assigned masters to control the water, Aquos, earth, Gaia, winds, Aero, sun, Solaris, moon, Luna, and fire, Ignus. These masters balanced out Ser’s various powers, making sure that none were more powerful then the others. Every four years, an event where the sun and the moon formed an eclipse occurs and the Ser is self balanced, allowing for the masters and peoples of the realm to take time to spend time in each others company. Everything was in perfect balance and came to be called the Balance Day. However, it is during this day that the Ser is most vulnerable. During one Balance Day, the Ser tower came under attack from Solaris, who felt sorry for the Savior’s blight, and wanted the Savior of Ser to come with her. Together they left the tower and soon the tower guards and Solaris’ followers came to a disagreement. Unable to handle this, the Ser began to overload and eventually exploded, sending it’s fragments all across the continent in many pieces of varying size. Soon the land that was unprotected by larger shards of Ser were reclaimed by Chaos. Ser’s Pieces The explosion cause the Ser to break apart into many pieces, all different sizes, and disperse among the two continents. To avoid the death that Chaos was causing, humans fled to places with larger pieces of Ser protecting them, and the elves began to return to the second place they’d created, a dreamlike world. Soon, there were few elves still on Serin. Survivors of the second great cataclysm, called the Breaking, couldn’t survive in areas without the pieces of Ser, and those who had followed the Masters had given their lives to return the continent to it’s former state. Now the world is full of those who fight to protect the pieces and those who steal them and use them for their own needs. This, is where our story begins….Zarkun43 Dec 22, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Castle (new RP) first of all thank you for taking the time to check this out. Castle is based on an animation i loved when i was younger and i think thecommander would know a lot about it. Plot: it was the year 3050 when the Terran Dominion discovered an ancient portal in the ruins of an old xel'naga temple on the distant planet of *********. the dimension called ******* was filled with a barren flat desert like landscape the sky and sand a dark greyish colour. but out of these shifting sands would be these castles. old medieval structures with moss and dust covering every corner. in one of these castles we detected a powerful energy signal resonating from one point. looking at ancient texts we managed to decipher that in fact what that castle contained was a powerful artifact called ******. we sent an assault team in to retrieve said artifact but after the first hour we have heard nothing. we have employed a team of specialists with highly trained marines to find the team and take the artifact. Character creation: Name: Weapons: Features (eye colour etc): you are responsable for 10 warpig marines with reenforced armour, and extended mag guass rifles with bayonet. story and other aspects will be revealed as the Rp goes on. i will give you the scenario when we have enough Rpersdarkra230 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Reaper (RP) Prologue. Jack struggled violently as some strange, lifeless claw gripped him, pulling him suddenly from warm fluid to cold air. Light flooded his eyes, too quickly and brightly for him to see with. Blinking and gasping, he thrashed about, resisting the machinery that strapped him down. At last, sight restored he looked up to see... that... that doctor guy! He was looking down at him with a smug smile. Jack gasped, coughed, struggled. He looked at the doctor. "I died!" "Exactly," the doctor replied. "Amazing, isn't it? Feel free to thank me, call me a genius, etc. Not that anyone thinks of those sorts of things after what you've just gone through. But," and he leaned closer, smiling a smile of wicked triumph, "I think project THANATOS is going off without a hitch." Reaper. <PlayerName> Char name. Char appearance. Char abilities (no psionics unless I get an AMAZING explanation for them). Char backstory. Welcome to the life of a Reaper. If you can survive long enough, you are guaranteed your freedom... but nobody has ever succeeded, except for that one guy, think his name was Hale. So, you're pretty much in this until you die. Anyways, you're going to be working for... eh, that doctor guy, can't remember his name. Got some new idea he thinks will increase Reaper lifespan. Not that anybody cares how long Reapers live, meaning you're probably gonna be a lab rat. Have a nice day. NOTE regarding psionic powers and races: The primary enemy will be the Zerg. You may not be a Zerg. You are in the Dominion military. There is no way you could be psionic without the Dominion knowing. Anyone wishing to be Zerg or psionic must have an absolutely amazing, breathtaking, flabbergasting character application. Keep in mind, though, that I would like to have one Zerg character. If you want the position, you may apply. I won’t officially start this off for a leetle while. I’m still working out the bugs resulting from combining my two ideas for this thread.KnarledOne500 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 To the RPing community... I'd like to possibly start up and/or co-DM an RP. However, I thought that a poll should be conducted first; What kind of RP would people like to see and join? ... This ^ ^ ^ is the current plan. Please feel free to write up lore, etc. for it. I won't guarantee that anything will end up used unedited, (or used at all :/ ) but all the help that I can get would be great. Thanks.Warhawk51 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Just Checkin In Well, I found a bit of free-time and was wondering, how is everyone doing? Any good RPs out lately?NickDaMan17 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 21, 2012 Separatist Space, Discussion II This is the second discussion thread. The first one can be found here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7005438069?page=1#0 Introduction to Separatist Space... Separatist Space is an incredibly open RP that allows for subplots of all sorts. You are encouraged to submit every custom race and to have as many subplots as you want. But please, make sure I approve of the subplots, I do not want subplots taking control of the real plot! To submit a custom Race or Faction... Tell me everything there is to know about the custom race/faction. I will discuss it a little bit with you, then boom! The race or faction dives into the story and you're ready to go! IMPORTANT NOTE ON CUSTOM RACES You have opportunity to have a counsel member, or an ambassador, in the supreme counsel whichever you choose. The supreme counsel is a government used to keep the peace between all the races. (If you've ever played mass effect you will know what this is... kinda) Please ask if you have any questions, as this is extremely important. To Join this RP... Fill out a character sheet and, make an entry, or if you prefer, allow me to enter you! <Your B.net ID name> Name: Age: Race: (Don't be afraid to be someone else's race!) Profession:(Some some ideas could be: Pilot, Computer Specialist, Droid Specialist, Mechanic, farmer.) Equipment: Backstory: (Must include how the character got associated with Separatist Space) Defining Characteristics: (Optional) If this character is a captain, make it obvious, also put the ship's name and stuff. Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish. --- this thread is also used for the Discussion of the RP.MarkusDaWise440 Dec 21, 2012