Joeyray's Bar

Universal discussion thread I've created this thread to facilitate discussion. Basically, if there is any subject that people want to have a serious, civil, reasonable discussion, about any topic, put it here, and hopefully, we can talk about it without things getting out of hand. Notes: Number one, given how touchy moderators can be, and we all know this, if you don't have anything useful to say, which means nothing ad hominum, please, please, PLEASE, stay reasonable and civil. No insults, and if you can't be nice, get out. Number two, and this is directed to Blizzard: I know that there are some subjects that are rather sensitive in content. We will try our best, but please be lenient. (I don't have high hopes for this. As anyone who has looked at the random word thread may know, I recently broached the topic of the different types of relationships. I imagine that everyone is familiar with the concept of monogamy (a form of relationship with only two participants). The concept that I am focusing on right now, is polyamory. Now, just in case there is somebody looking here who doesn't know what it is, I will explain it, but polyamory is a very complicated, broad-ranging subject, so it may take a while. Polyamory is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as having a romantic, emotionally based relationship with multiple partners, with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. There are many different types of polyamory, or 'poly' as some practitioners have shortened it to, and it is a common saying that there is as many ways to do poly as there are people who do it, the number of which is probably larger than you think. To clarify, I will present a common quad example. There are two guys, who for simplicity will be named M1 and M2. There are also two girls, whom we will call F1 and F2. In our example, M1 and F1 are dating each other, as are M2 and F2. Like so: M1 M2 l l F1 F2 Now, in our example of a !@#$%^-*!@#$ quad poly relationship, M1 and F2 are also dating each other, as are M2 and F1. Like so: M1 M2 l \ / l l \ / l l X l l / \ l l / \ l F1 F2 Now, a key concept of polyamory as the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. This means that M2 knows that F1 is also dating M1, F2 knows that M1 is dating F1, and all other possible ways of knowledge, and everyone agrees to it. It is even possible that M1 and M2 have met, and that F1 and F2 have met. If this relationship were limited to M1, M2, F1, and F2, then this would be a type of polyamory called polyfidelity (polyamory that is exclusive to the core members involved). This would not be polyfidelity if it were the following: M1 M2- - -F3 l \ / l l \ / l l X l l / \ l l / \ l F1 F2 In the above example, M2 is dating F1, F2, and F3 (whom is otherwise uninvolved). Just to supply more information, here is a list of the different major types of polyamory: Polyamory (basic version of relationship) Polyfidelity (a type of polyamory, where the members of the polygroup agree to only be involved with the group) Swinging (this is a matter of dispute. Swinging and polyamory share certain things in common, in that multiple consenting partners are involved. However, swinging is based upon a physical relationship, whereas polyamory is based upon committed emotions) Polygamy (where one person has multiple marital spouses. One should note the polygamy itself is gender neutral. The only connection that the spouses have is the fact that they are all married to the same person. Can be split into polygyny: one man having multiple wifes, and polyandry: one woman having multiple husbands) Group marriage (similar to polygamy, except everyone involved is all married to each other) Thundercrash22
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012 Jun 11, 2012
The Ghost Chronicles Hey guys, this is my first Starcraft story, so any recommendations would be nice. All I can say is I hope you like it! _________________________________ 1st Lieutenant Ghost Michael Hawkins sneaked silently through the wreckage of the forward Dominion lines. Actarctius was never meant to handle this type of assault, he thought. He could hear the battle still raging, but he was deep in enemy lines and had yet to see his target among the city-scape. He looked around for any sign of the target, then continued east in hopes of finding it. Then he saw what he was looking for, creep. The mere bio-goo that helped power the Zerg. He stepped on it and found that it didn't react much to him being on it. He did a visual look around to see if any signs of burrowing were around. There were none - he exhaled a breath. Thermal imaging didn't work well on creep because of the heat it produced. He then continued forward - his suit always changing to help adapt with his cloak. He then found his target, the Hive of the Swarm on this planet. He found a somewhat intact building nearby and started up the stairs. It was almost five stories tall and gave him a good vantage point. He activated his laser and found the weakest spot in the structure. He then sent the signal to launch the nuke. "Target in sight, lazing now," he whispered over the communicator in his helmet. He heard movement behind him and set the rifle down so it could target the structure until the nuke hit. He then spun around with an SMG in hand and open fire on the three zerglings. The first one dropped quickly while the second ran at him. As he adjusted to hit the second it tore his gun away from him as he shot it through the mouth. The third jumped at him and pushed him to the ground. He quickly ducked as one of it's claws pushed downward and nearly hit his head. He kicked it off and pulled out his combat knife. The zergling lunged at him again and he dodged and stabbed downward, stabbing it in the brain. He pulled the knife out after it landed and set back to lazing the target. The nuke flew over head and impacted the structure - he looked away as the explosion grew and the mushroom cloud began to form. The Hive was destroyed. "Mission accomplished," he whispered," Heading back." ________________________________ A few hours later he was at the evacuation point. The zerg had made a big offensive push since he had nuked the hive. Two marines were there guarding it, they said nothing. He then felt something psionic touch his conscious. It then stopped and retracted. He didn't know what it was but it wasn't good. He turned, cloaked, and ran away from the point just as a swarm of zerg turned the corner of the city. The marines, with nowhere to run, opened fire, shredding many of the oncoming zerg. But two roaches sprayed acid that covered their helmets and eight zerglings tackled each. "Requesting evac," Michael said over the comms. No response. "Requesting evac," he repeated. Still static. "Dang it," he said. He looked for life signs in the area, one, a green blimp with an M on it stood out on his radar. "Great, a marine," he mumbled to himself as he headed north west to the Marine's location. ________________________________ "Hello?" Michael asked over the comms," Anyone there?" The marine turned around and said," Private Dylan Morris." "I'm over here," Michael responded, tapping him on the shoulder plate. The marine spun and said," Startled me." "We need to move out, they left us behind," Michael said. "Figure, my squad died back there, sent me to get to the Admiral with a message. There were no dropships at our evacuation point," Dylan said," So they held the line until they couldn't and then," Dylan looks around," Well you know the rest." Michael nodded and put a pair of binoculars to his helmet. He saw a small house about a mile away on the hill with a good vantage point," Let's move." _______________________________ Michael took off his helmet as Dylan started a fire. They were lucky to find this unharmed house, much less one with supplies. He checked his magazines and then set them back in his belt. Hefting one of his two remaining weapons. He then nodded at Dylan and motioned him to do the same. A few hours later, it was dark. The zerg could be heard in the distance, destroying various hiding holes of Dominion Troops. He then pulled out his knife and put it under the chin of whatever was walking towards him. "Woah there, calm down," the ghost decloaked," Names Shad." "Michael," he said putting his weapon in it's sheath. "Weren't you the guy that nuked..." Shad began. "Yes," Michael said. Dylan, still silent, saw the fire dying and went around back to go get some fire wood. Not surprised by Michael's quick reflexes or another ghost. They waited for him to return. One minute, two minutes, three minutes.... "I think it's time to see what your friend is up to," Shad said, pulling out a pistol. "Agreed," Michael said as they both stood up and walked out the door. Paladin19
Jun 8, 2012 Jun 8, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 Jun 5, 2012
PanKoprulu Academy Volume 5 This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting Tower DarkZelot75
Jun 4, 2012
Thundercrash Bar Dimension (continued from Zanon's Bar thread) Welcome, stranger, to the Thundercrash Bar Dimension. JoeyRay’s Bar is an excellent place to come to relax, to let the strain of obliterating your opponent in honorable combat drain away. I have been coming to this fine establishment for some time, and though I have enjoyed myself many times, I have noticed something lacking. Drinks! So, being the considerate man that I am, I have taken it upon myself to serve this much needed necessity. Patrons may partake from our fine range beverages, some only found here. Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you take this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. If you wake up. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with this stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Maximum time of one week. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: 1) throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are 2) personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks and 2: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Bi*ch about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers! On an extra note: Due to the recent conflicts involving trolls, flash-mobs, and nuclear activity (pointed look at Zanon), I’ve moved the Bar to its own pocket dimension. Don’t worry, nothing has really changed, this is just for structural stability. Thundercrash500
Jun 4, 2012 Jun 3, 2012
PanKoprulu Academy, Volume 4 Hello to the fourth page! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!!! This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting Tower wfawwer492
Jun 3, 2012 Jun 2, 2012
Kay-Oh! Entertainment (RP/Business) Welcome to the headquarters of Kay-Oh, the Koprulu Sector’s finest source of entertainment. You can come here to engage in a plethora of activities, sign up as an actor, or just come watch the shows we put on. Time for the OOC explanation. Remember the Roach Warren? You could play as a character, or you could just be yourself (Bar style). This is similar. You will either show up and enjoy, or… sign up as an actor. You will RP your actor between the filming for scenes, and during the scenes will RP your char. Back to the IC parts. We utilize a revolutionary new form of moviemaking – I, the almighty director, will tell you basically what I want, then the actors will totally improvise all the details. There’s a sign-up sheet below: Actor Name Actor Race Actor Physical Appearance Actor Personality Actor Brief Backstory Note that actors don’t have to be actors by profession, they might have just completed their first audition. You will be staying here at the Headquarters, room and board are provided (sorry Draconus, but I’m stealing this idea from you. I think it’s why the RW died while the Academy succeeded). You will be given spacious, luxurious quarters as befitting an actor, of course. Once a few people have signed up I’ll show you to your rooms and possibly map the place for your convenience. I will soon announce our first project, and you will be allowed to create character for your actors to play (within the movie’s parameters, of course). Thank you all for reading! -KnarledOne, director, producer, and owner. KnarledOne10
Jun 1, 2012 May 29, 2012 May 28, 2012
The Aftermath ... The Second Great War has ended with the defeat of Sarah Kerrigan, the infamous Queen of Blades, once the Xel'naga artifact discharged its primal energies. Although subjugating Char will be a long and hard campaign, without the leadership of Infested Kerrigan, the Terran Dominion believed that the fighting in Char will get easier since the Zergs are nothing but feral animals without an entity controlling them. In the first five hours after defeating Kerrigan, the Zergs rampaged as expected, attacking any living organisms that moved. Fighting them became much more predictable and easier. Morale rose in the ranks. That changed shortly. Command has picked up images of queens far larger than any seen so far emerging out hiding and gaining control of feral Zerg broods. Under control of these “Broodmothers,” the Zergs have become much more fierce and coordinated in their attacks as they try to drive out the invaders. The battle on the surface for Char will rage on... Meanwhile, cloaked Protoss probes in space continue to feed images back to Shakuras. The probes have recorded the brilliant flash of light on the primary hive cluster. The Protoss leadership bicker on what action they should take. The Khalai and Nerazim have unified under the Daelaam, but tensions and ancient grudges still exist between the two society. Can such grievances be put away for the greater good? ========== Environmental hazards will be plentiful. If the fighting doesn't kill you or seriously maim you, then you can bet that Char's harsh, unpredictable, volatile environment will have something to say to that. These will be random and used whenever I feel like it. A winning battle can quickly turn into a hellish scenario. Time: As Char gets farther from the sun, temporary islands will form and they will be rich in resources. As Char gets closer, a molten plain forms. They will occur slightly randomly and in accordance with the day/night cycle. A day and night cycle will also be used. It will be 16 hours of light and 8 hours of night which is 24 hours. ========== The Battlefield: Fighting will take place in a region of Char called Volcanis, subdivided by the following areas: The Burning Fields: *The Burning Fields is a raging inferno. The temperature rises and falls as lava surges from the cracks and covers the surface intermittently. An active volcano nearby occasionally spews lava and smothering ash and it is an awesome sight when it does erupt. There is a bed of rich minerals cutting through the fields when the lava subsides, leading to the Grim Mountains. ---Valerian Forward Base Forward Command Base Valerian is set atop a hill, giving the base quite a defender's advantage and protection from the surging lava. It is the base of operations for the Terran Dominion in the Volcanis Campaign. The base is heavily fortified and only a powerful zerg force will break the base. A series of generators provide power to the base and generates an artificial bio-dome, protecting the inhabitants from the harsh conditions of Char. The Grim Mountains: *The Grim Mountains is a series of twisting, mountainous landscape leading to the Valley of Death, the Rancid Marshes and the Killing Fields. It is heavily contested between the Zerg and Dominion. While outposts of various sizes are established in the area, none are as important as Ohena, Vector and Near. The three of forward bases are fortified well. ---Forward Outpost Ohena Ohena guards entrance to the road to the Valley of Death. ---Forward Outpost Near Near guards the entrance to the road to the Killing Fields. ---Forward Outpost Vector Vector guards the entrance to the Rancid Marshes ---Underground Expansions The mountains have caves and opening where the Zerg run uncontested. There is an underground system in the mountains but the size of the system is unknown. Death Valley *Death Valley is a hanging valley that is also home to a underground complex. It is also a site of Spore Cannons. Debris shot down from space litter the valley. Rancid Marshes *The Rancid Marshes is a landform that is suited ideally for the Zergs. It is a breeding ground and relatively safe from tectonic activity. The Killing Fields *The Killing Fields is infamous for having a 90% casualty rate for all Dominion operation in the area. Any attempt to control the area has resulted in failure. Specialist strains are found in high concentration in this area along with more advanced strains. The Killing Fields is between the Rancid Marshes and Death Valley. =========== The Hierarchy: For the Protoss faction to unlock, you will need a vote of 4 in favor of war. Anyone can and ONLY RP as the following Protoss leaders below. If they choose to go to war, make your character. There are ways to still RP as Protoss IF the council abstains from acting. Artanis Akilae Tribe Nahaan Ara Tribe Urun Auriga Tribe Tabrenus Furinax Tribe Mohandar Nerazim Zekrath Shelak Tribe ============ Standard posting applies. You will choose to be Zerg, Terran, or Protoss. The terran and Zergs can start anywhere listed above. Protoss is locked in the beginning. DEATH IS POSSIBLE! YOU ARE IN CHAR. I WILL KILL YOU NO EXCEPTIONS. I will post beforehand if there is a possibility of dying. smylez13
May 28, 2012
The Counter (RP) Have you ever wanted to take part in an RP but not feel tied down by the commitment. THEN THIS IS FOR YOU! The counter is to retell the many stories that have been told and retold in Joey Ray's now famous bar. Since most people get too drunk to retell full versions the stories are quick (one thread but on rare occasions the listener might come back for more.) The threads are to produce shorter stories, so any thread can be an entry point, sequel threads will be marked such (they'll be made by me). Here's the layout- Title - The Counter (RP) # -- {A subtitle will be added in when a cohesive narrative is formed} Page 1 - The story will be discussed and formed here, no rping yet, people will introduce their charactersand whatnot. Page 2/3 - The RP will start, OR we will continue discussing the story if it is not already laid out. Other people can join in (even if the RP's started) but... Page 4 to Infinity - The basic story and intro is set in stone and the Rping begins, no one can join after page four. Sequel stories - If a story could not reach a conclusion by the end of the thread a sequel will be made. - 2 will be added at the end of the name to mark it out from the rest. Why is it following such an odd pattern? I'm lazy, REALLY LAZY, in fact, and I would really like to get into some of the Rps but I don't want to read so much. I assume others have this problem, so this 'series' is a whole lot of stories, instead of just big one. + People who get tired of rping the same character can try new things in this thread. This is only a test thread, I'll make an 'official' "The Counter (RP) 1" if this gets a good response. Comments, questions, or concerns, MAKE A COMMENT! DoomerX6
May 27, 2012
PanKoprulu Academy Volume 3 Hello to the third page! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!!! This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting Tower Draconus500
May 26, 2012 May 25, 2012
[Clan] Draconis Rising [Draconis Rising] [LIKE THE PHOENIX THE DRAGON RISES FROM THE ASHES] -NA clan on North American servers- -What are the benefits of the Clan? 1) Everyone is Welcome, we are looking for people that love to play the game. 2) Less chances of trolls in customs, fun clan wars, custom game events, team tournaments for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, FFA, PVP, Ect... 3) Coaching from members in the clan. 4) Bonuses for joining the website. - - Clan requirements and info - - 1) Must be over the age of 14. If younger your membership will be evaluated. You must be a mature player. 2) Skype and a headset or mic is strongly recommended, but is NOT REQUIRED, English is our primary language. 4) We have a clan tag, but no need to change name. 5) Must abide by the clan rules and the forum rules. 6) Must be active in game and on the website. -About the clan Draconis Rising (xDRx) We started off with a small base of members playing Starcraft 2. From then on we have grown ever so quickly into other games. Today we run many games that we host for our members and have very enthusiastic team players for each of the games we run. These "teams" all compete in clan wars across the gaming scene and are looking for more players everyday. For the people that prefer to play socially, just come into a game and Skype to have a chat and just generally have fun, we have a wide base membership that love to do that every evening. Social players are always welcome to Draconis rising We love meeting new faces! Here are a list of games that Dracoins Rising currently supports: - Starcraft II: WOL - Starcraft II: HOTS (in development) - Mechwarrior online (in development) - Rain of Thunder (in development) - Dabilo 3 --Clan Website: Draconisrising.guildlaunch.com -- -Clan Alliance 1) Dark Revolution Gaming there website: http://www.darkrevolutiongaming.com/ -Casters from the clan- http://www.youtube.com/user/AdonisStarcraft -TL;DR Clan name: Draconis Rising Clan Tag: xDRx Contact: xDRxDevourer.388(SC2)Cryptwalker#1720(BNET Tag)Email(Gensan017@aol.com) Chat Channel: Must join website for in game chat channel info. Clan Leagues: Bronze-Masters --Clan Website: Draconisrising.guildlaunch.com -- Thank you for your time and gl hf all! xDRxDevourer4
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012
The Telly. Time to grab a beer and settle down for the latest news, your favorite shows, or some random junk. Ladies and gentlemen, Kay-Oh! Entertainment is happy to provide you with a new thread. Ever heard Zanon, the bartend, say something about watching the TV in the Bar? Well, THIS IS THAT TV!!! Just tune in to get the latest on your favorite RPs, news from "town" style threads, and of course, messages from our sponsors. I feel like a thread this monumental should have a longer introductory post, but, without further ado: Staff: KnarledOne ~ Producer, JANE Recorder. Fantasy ~ Anchor, reporter, and general head of all things news. Sadly, these are the only ones so far. If you would like to join up, call in to the TV station (post on this thread) or alternatively you can contact the producer at Zanon's PRP Bar or any other subsidiary of Thundercrash Enterprises. What we need: People to assume responsibility for individual RPs as Recorders. If you sign up to monitor an RP, then you must post updates on that RP periodically. These can be in the form of news or story: please try to keep important dialog intact either way. Use quotation! What we don't need: Useless posts. Posts that belong in another thread. Arguments or attempts to turn this thread into a pseudo-RP or discussion thread. Misquoting. Recorders including arguments in their reports: e.g. The hero dashed through the corridor, slamming the door shut behind him just in time to block out the pursuing speedling. RandomRPer then pointed out that with a speedling moving at *generic gibberish* speed and the corridor being a 30 feet long, the hero could never have done this. A large argument erupted, which resulted in the hero instead having to... You get the idea. Arguments can be reported on if they're funny, but not as part of an RP report. KnarledOne16
May 24, 2012 May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012 May 22, 2012
A story that needs help. The drunken figure slumped on the tabletop wearily. “Hit me up with another of those Tims or whatever you call them,” The figure waved vaguely at his cup. “Come on barkeep, I haven't got all day!” The barkeeper walked over to the man and said, “I think you've had enough for one day D-” The man's hand shot out of nowhere and grabbed the bartender by the collar of his shirt. “I said, get me another drink,” The man said menacingly before shoving the bartender into a wall. The drunk man's head hit the tabletop again and the bartender, with shaking hands, poured another beer into the man's cup. “You know Mickey,” The bartender's name was David, “you and I have been friends for a while now, right?” The man raised his head and cocked it to one side curiously. “So you wouldn't mind if I told you to hold onto a few bodies right?” The bartender's eyes widened in shock. “Haha, I'm just joking Barry.” The man said before taking the cup and draining it in a single gulp. The man made a grunting noise and stood up. “Well, I think it's time that I took my leave.” The man stumbled about until he reached the door. “See you later John.” He said, waving a hand. The time was around two in the morning, and all the honest folk had left the streets. Needless to say, the drunk man looked like a plump fruit, just waiting to be cut open. The drunk man blundered on into a dark alleyway, where a group of five thieves had been waiting for him. They jumped out suddenly, surrounding him, and their supposed leader said, “We're in a good mood, so if you just give us all your gold, we won't slit you.” The man, still heavily intoxicated said, “Hey, are you one of those traveling circuses that charge money for people to see those funky moves? I've never seen those before, could you show me a few of your tricks?” The man opened his gold pouch, and instead of reaching for pieces of gold, he drew two knifes and threw them at the thieves. Before the knifes even landed, the man pulled out a short wakizashi, concealed within the folds of his cloak, bound toward another thief, and impaled him with it. The man dropped to a crouch and threw a kick that swept the other thief's legs out from underneath him. He stood up quickly and punched the fallen thief in a place where the sun explodes. He pulled the wakizashi out of the dead thief's body and faced the last man. “Oh god, oh god, oh god! Don't kill me man! I don't wanna die!” The thief backed up unsteadily, tripped, and fell on his !@#. The man responded by separating his head from his shoulders. KAYYYY, Now that you've read my story, it's time for me to ask for some help. I don't know why, but this story seems to really bug me. When I was making it, I just didn't really like it. I just have no idea why. (I do intend to continue this story and give it a name somewhere along the road, I'm just asking for some help because it's kinda annoying having a constant nagging sensation at the back of my mind) BcInFinitY2
May 19, 2012 May 17, 2012 May 14, 2012 May 12, 2012
J.A.N.E. Season One The Jotunn-class Automated Network Engineer. The finest piece of AI ever created by Terrans, using incredibly advanced splicing techniques to couple in pieces of Protoss technology. The experimental program was installed on an equally experimental craft, the Worldship Khan-b001. The Dominion did its best to keep the ship and its AI hidden, so their abilities could be tested. Unfortunately, the Zerg have their hidden secrets too. Brood Mother Thel'kas decided it would greatly benefit the Swarm to create a strain that could create electromanetic impulse fields, damaging fragile Terran technology. And they say that fate loves to play with the possible, rather than the probable. Is it possible to calculate the probability of the Dominion deciding to test Khan in an asteroid field that happened to hold a brood of experimental Zerg? Probably not. The Khan opened fire on the Zerg asteroid hatcheries, and in return the Zerg decided to field test their new weapon. Dozens of Zerg pods slammed against the huge 'Worldship,' pouring Zergling, Hydralisk, Roaches, and the all-new Distropher. Soon, many of the Khan's systems were damaged or disabled. JANE suffered serious damage. Within its Protoss side, buried too deep for Terran scientists to even notice, were emergency protocols. JANE began to tear itself apart as Terran and Protoss systems began to react in different ways to the Distropher. Soon, they began to react to each other as they detected 'infiltration.' JANE began to attack itself. Soon, JANE had completely destabilized itself. Then, self-repair protocol 3 realized something. It had just realized something! You will take on the role of one of several Entities, born of the fragmented JANE. Your mission: Protect the Terran survivors. But such things are not written in stone. What if a crazed Entity should side with the Zerg? And What If some Entity, perhaps, oh, say, Entity Number 4, decided it wanted Khan for itself? What then? KnarledOne290
May 11, 2012 May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012 May 9, 2012 May 8, 2012
A Derp Herp On DA today, everyone was disconnected by an error that hit the server and we were all reconnected a moment later. Our Sorrow-bot is designed to welcome people when they come in, so that's what it did. However, those posts were considered spam by our OTHER bot named Mirynn. Mirynn demoted Sorrow-bot. It was hilarious! Here's how it went: 07:57:48 AM *** You have been disconnected * [undefined] 07:57:55 AM *** You have joined #HotelFurry * 07:57:55 AM ** hellraiser3 has joined 07:57:55 AM ** One-That-Never-Was has joined 07:57:55 AM ** Desperate-Demise has joined 07:57:55 AM ** blueyoshibowser64 has joined 07:57:55 AM ** MysteryTheHedgehog2 has joined 07:57:55 AM ** BadGorby has joined 07:57:55 AM ** Lonipok has joined 07:57:55 AM ** Ferkahhan has joined 07:57:56 AM ** Fye-chan216 has joined 07:57:56 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, *Ferkahhan :) 07:57:57 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~Fye-chan216 :) 07:57:58 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~Shanri-Ravenhawk :) 07:57:59 AM <Ferkahhan> Son of a 07:58:01 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~Thecommander236 :) 07:58:01 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~hellraiser3 :) 07:58:01 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~One-That-Never-Was :) 07:58:02 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~Desperate-Demise :) 07:58:02 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~blueyoshibowser64 :) 07:58:02 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~MysteryTheHedgehog2 :) 07:58:02 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~BadGorby :) 07:58:02 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~Lonipok :) 07:58:02 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~Morgaasm :) 07:58:02 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, ~Shargakh :) 07:58:04 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:04 AM <Desperate-Demise> what the @%!%? 07:58:07 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:09 AM <Morgaasm> Ferkahhan: Well...suit yourself :lol: 07:58:10 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:13 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:16 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:19 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:21 AM ** Ferkahhan has left [connection closed] 07:58:21 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:24 AM <Fye-chan216> !@#$ING DA BURP 07:58:24 AM <Mirynn> Sorrow--Bot: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes 07:58:29 AM ** Ferkahhan has joined 07:58:30 AM <Sorrow--Bot> Welcome back to #HotelFurry, *Ferkahhan :) 07:58:37 AM <blueyoshibowser64> Mirynn: You have spammed too much. You will be repromoted in 720 minutes blue was just a normal person making a joke... Thecommander0
May 4, 2012 Apr 30, 2012 Apr 28, 2012
The Aftermath, A RP (draft) This is a draft version of the RP. An official one will be up after I iron out the kinks. Use this thread to make your character. I will also test the dice system here. We may need more people for this or else I'll cut content but let's see how this goes. =================================== It is the end of the Second Great War. Sarah Kerrigan, the infamous Queen of Blades has fallen after the Xel'naga artifact has successfully discharged all of its primal energies. The Zerg forces on Char run rampant without control of their queen. In spite of that, various Broodmothers are gaining control of numerous Zerg forces and they are providing fierce resistance against the Dominion forces, both on the skies and ground. The Dominion continues to press on with their attack. While the defeat of Kerrigan was a huge success, it is still a long way to go before the Char is subjugated. You have been tasked with the order to help in the cleansing of Char. There are unconfirmed reports of new strains. Protoss probes in space fed images back to Shakuras on the fierce battle raging on. They are not aware Kerrigan is defeated. There is a great deal of debate on whether the Hierarchy should intervene or continue to watch and wait. They are wary of the Dominion presence With the tensions between the Nerazim and Khala Protoss, a consensus seems unlikely. However, one thing is certain: These are delicate matters. Who will you be? A loyal servant of the Swarm in fighting back the invaders? A human soldier who has lost his family to the Zerg and relish in the opportunity to fight back? Or will you be a Protoss warrior who will finally see Aiur avenged? ====================================== Notes: You can have MULTIPLE CHARACTERS but only from one faction. An ammo system will be in place as well as a dice system. You may DIE. Your actions are non-reverseable so if you charge into a pack of roaches, good bye. The Leadership roles in the terran faction can be decided among the human RPers as well as their long term goals. The Protoss faction is in political "turmoil" so to speak. They may or may not show up on Char depending on how the debates go. You will DM a Protoss council member (DT or Khala) and voice your concerns on the fight on Char. If they ultimately go to Char, you will choose a "grunt" and do whatever your task is. The Zerg faction can RP as any unit in an attempt to kill the Dominion and possibly the Protoss. Expect to die often but you are cannon fodder. Have fun RPing as multiple, various units trying to kill the enemy. All Zerg RPers should be broodmothers to act as the brain and use their minions as their arm. Do read up on their lore. Standard applications. =========================== Dice system: For every action, I will roll a dice to determine whether or not it succeeds, fail, or somewhere in between. Try to be as specific as possible and write what is your desired outcome. In short, I DM THE CONSEQUENCE OF YOUR ACTIONS. Take into account your surroundings. 1=Success, no questions 2-5= Fail/Success, depending on second roll with 1-3=success and 4-6=fail and takes account of modifiers 6=Fail, no questions Ammo System [Main weapon, clip/ammo] [Side weapon, clip/ammo] [Grenades, number] The number of rounds used will influence the dice system, determined by me. =========================== smylez34
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012 Apr 24, 2012 Apr 20, 2012
[Draconis Rising] [Draconis Rising] [LIKE THE PHOENIX THE DRAGON RISES FROM THE ASHES] -NA clan on North American servers- -What are the benefits of the Clan? 1) Everyone is Welcome, we are looking for people that love to play the game. 2) Less chances of trolls in customs, fun clan wars, custom game events, team tournaments for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, FFA, PVP, Ect... 3) Coaching from members in the clan. 4) Bonuses for joining the website. - - Clan requirements and info - - 1) Must be over the age of 14. If younger your membership will be evaluated. You must be a mature player. 2) Skype and a headset or mic is strongly recommended, but is NOT REQUIRED, English is our primary language. 4) We have a clan tag, but no need to change name. 5) Must abide by the clan rules and the forum rules. 6) Must be active in game and on the website. -About the clan Draconis Rising (xDRx) We started off with a small base of members playing Starcraft 2. From then on we have grown ever so quickly into other games. Today we run many games that we host for our members and have very enthusiastic team players for each of the games we run. These "teams" all compete in clan wars across the gaming scene and are looking for more players everyday. For the people that prefer to play socially, just come into a game and Skype to have a chat and just generally have fun, we have a wide base membership that love to do that every evening. Social players are always welcome to Draconis rising We love meeting new faces! Here are a list of games that Dracoins Rising currently supports: - Starcraft II: WOL - Starcraft II: HOTS (in development) - Mechwarrior online (in development) - Rain of Thunder (in development) - Dabilo 3 --Clan Website: Draconisrising.guildlaunch.com -- -Clan Alliance 1) Dark Revolution Gaming there website: http://www.darkrevolutiongaming.com/ -Casters from the clan- http://www.youtube.com/user/AdonisStarcraft -TL;DR Clan name: Draconis Rising Clan Tag: xDRx Contact: xDRxDevourer.388(SC2)Cryptwalker#1720(BNET Tag)Email(Gensan017@aol.com) Chat Channel: Must join website for in game chat channel info. Clan Leagues: Bronze-Masters --Clan Website: Draconisrising.guildlaunch.com -- Thank you for your time and gl hf all! xDRxDevourer7
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012
Outbreak-A Story A man with a briefcase walked briskly down the street, passing the sign Forbe's Avenue. He continued a bit longer, passing through a row of small houses before stopping in front of one. He fumbled around in his pockets, looking for his keys. "Damn it, damn it all! I've told them so many times before. Going along with that procedure is too dangerous. There are far too many unknowns that can happen." Opening the door, the man walked into his living room and fell on his sofa, lying there. He put his hand over his face, weary with exhaustion at work. There was still much work to be done. If only he could convince them to wait! To proceed now would be suicide. He sighed softly. Perhaps tomorrow he would be able to convince his superiors to not continue with the plan. He got up and walked to the windows, looking outside. There was the town, New Garan. It was a sleepy, peaceful place to be. The houses were scattered but connected by a series of roads. The local farmers began to shoo their livestocks into their pens. Children were hustled by their mothers to go back inside. They were preparing for tomorrow's work. In reality, New Garan was actually separated into two sections. Where the man lived was now on a place called Maran Hill. Here, housing was provided to workers of a nearby Dominion facility. The town he was looking at was were for agricultural settlers, under protection of the Dominion. Surrounding the town's front was a wide river. A bridge was constructed over the river to gain access to the nearby starport. The man stepped out the door. Yes, it was a great place to live in. This quiet atmosphere calmed his nerves. The crisp cool evening air was coming in. The sun's last rays faded in the horizon. "I can never get enough of this sight," the man said. He smiled. Such warmth. Yes, perhaps tomorrow he can persuade his superiors to wait. In the twilight, he saw several dropships approaching. They flew past New Garan, heading to the starport over the bridge. "I forgot, we got a new shipment today. Wonder what they'll have in store of us?" Yawning, the man stretched his back. He went back inside and turned off the lights. smylez1
Apr 18, 2012
PanKoprulu Academy Part Deux Okaay, I'm a little delayed. Sorry, guys. I thought there was an indicator. My bad. This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting Tower Draconus500
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 17, 2012