Joeyray's Bar

Apr 18, 2012 It seems i have been kicked out of the rays its not you guys's fault, it seems it just happened, all the RPs are going on without me, the new ones i try to open are dead from the minute a click enter..... it seems i have been gradually faded out from my lack of attention to the RPs i should have joined in..... will i ever find a place again? i don't know anymore.... i just don'tdarkra15 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Hey There!! New to the forum and looking for in game friends. Love to play Toss or Terran. Lets play!!!Mephisto6 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Outbreak-A Story A man with a briefcase walked briskly down the street, passing the sign Forbe's Avenue. He continued a bit longer, passing through a row of small houses before stopping in front of one. He fumbled around in his pockets, looking for his keys. "Damn it, damn it all! I've told them so many times before. Going along with that procedure is too dangerous. There are far too many unknowns that can happen." Opening the door, the man walked into his living room and fell on his sofa, lying there. He put his hand over his face, weary with exhaustion at work. There was still much work to be done. If only he could convince them to wait! To proceed now would be suicide. He sighed softly. Perhaps tomorrow he would be able to convince his superiors to not continue with the plan. He got up and walked to the windows, looking outside. There was the town, New Garan. It was a sleepy, peaceful place to be. The houses were scattered but connected by a series of roads. The local farmers began to shoo their livestocks into their pens. Children were hustled by their mothers to go back inside. They were preparing for tomorrow's work. In reality, New Garan was actually separated into two sections. Where the man lived was now on a place called Maran Hill. Here, housing was provided to workers of a nearby Dominion facility. The town he was looking at was were for agricultural settlers, under protection of the Dominion. Surrounding the town's front was a wide river. A bridge was constructed over the river to gain access to the nearby starport. The man stepped out the door. Yes, it was a great place to live in. This quiet atmosphere calmed his nerves. The crisp cool evening air was coming in. The sun's last rays faded in the horizon. "I can never get enough of this sight," the man said. He smiled. Such warmth. Yes, perhaps tomorrow he can persuade his superiors to wait. In the twilight, he saw several dropships approaching. They flew past New Garan, heading to the starport over the bridge. "I forgot, we got a new shipment today. Wonder what they'll have in store of us?" Yawning, the man stretched his back. He went back inside and turned off the lights.smylez1 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 PanKoprulu Academy Part Deux Okaay, I'm a little delayed. Sorry, guys. I thought there was an indicator. My bad. This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting TowerDraconus500 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Hey how do you get sc2mapster? Hi there am Zidane and i wanna make a custom map BUUUT i have no idea how to get into it at one point i was able to but forgot completely and my comp is an HP and tell me any tips on improvement sonce i start alright? P.S. if there are any typos sorry for that and ill make a guide for rp gl and hf out there!Zidane3 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 The lost one ---HELP WANTED--- We are looking for volunteers for a mission to explore a lost world, it is rich in minerals, but we aren't sure if it's safe. There fore, we will send you there for free, give you all the food, water, or other items you may NEED. No other information is avalible at this time. We will except any kind of ground troop, we already have ships ready. To volunteer on this mission you must fill this out: Name: Race: Unit: Equipment: Sex: Blood type: Conditions (Such as ADHD): Thank you. From, Ace, of the science commite.BcACE32 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 The Text Adventure Continues! Previously on "Smylez's Text Adventure" before the thread was deleted by trolls, our hero Madison has woken up drunk in his room. He finds a pretty female officer outside his door. He unsuccessfully attempts to flirt with her. Going back to bed to rest for his state of mind is still groggy, he awakens with an announcement calling him to go to the auditorium. He dresses himself with an officer's garb that he found lying around. Heading to the auditorium, he encounters Mark who makes fun of Madison for failing to woo the female (and wearing only boxers in the attempt). Mark is a troublemaker and douchbag along with two of his goons. Egged on by the crowd, Madison defeats Mark and his two accomplices. Finally arriving in the auditorium, Madison is able to excuse himself for his lateness despite some skepticism from the panel. He meets the female officer from earlier backstage. They walk to their place in the stands and converse. Her name is Solana... ================== From the top again, put what you want to ask her...smylez52 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Training Room (Higher Ranked players) Looking to get together a group to practice with between laddering sessions. Im diamond and i beat a lot of masters when im playing well. but i cant seem to reach master yet so me and my buddy are looking to collaborate efforts with some players. This will involve, sharing replays, playing obs games, and things of that nature. I will start a chat room named, training room, to hopefully make things easier. we play a lot of different hours so i think this could be beneficial to a lot of people. so keep an eye on the chat room or add me dave:786! hope to see you around!TOPsKiLLs3 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Story- Descent into Madness Chapter 1 Entry 51 Haven Viktor Gersh -Citidel *Static* "H-hello!? Is this thing on!? Oh, thank God that the recorder didn't break during the ride here. The refugees had been all relocated here, on Haven. Fitting name, eh? *Slight nervous laughter* We brought everyone here, to the edge of protoss space, too, to get away from the Zerg. We took everyone, the sick, the old, the dying were left behind, so they wouldn't spread the virus. A few people were taken into a tent on the edge of the encampment, and nobody's heard from them since... Nothing much has happened today, besides the fact that I finally got my forge up and running. Maybe I'll snag in some credits tomorrow? Who knows. The sun is setting, and the sky is a plethora of color, John's having a barbeque, it's going to be a good night." As I listen to the man's voice, I smile. I look out, and see the remains of the former encampment, burnt to ashes. Bodies lay everywhere around me as I walk along what appeared to be some form of main street, or what was once a street... They share many different tales of death. Burned to death, impaled by several different weapons, most of which were absent from the bodies, but lodged in several, large bone projectiles gleam out from the layer of ash that surround them. Tents and wood lay, torn and shattered, to the left and right of me, and I simply smile as the smell of charred flesh fills the air. ============================= \\\...1 Week Earlier...\\\ Entry 52 Haven Viktor Gersh -Quarintine "Alright... they closed off the encampment in the middle of the night! The bastards. I came home after the party and tried to sleep, only to be woken up by some sort of inhuman sound coming from one of the little shanties at the perimeter of the camp. I was too scared to look, but I grabbed my pistol, one of those Umojan ones, and kept checking the entrance. Nothing all night... *Sigh* I got an hour of sleep. I brought some things from home, to sell, but I have to get to work making some new wares, there's a mine in the mountains nearby, I've heard there are some really strong metals in there. I'll probably never get in there with the gaurds waiting to shoot anyone who even walks near them... Alright, I'll record something else tomorrow..." ============================= Entry 58 Haven Viktor Gersh -Breach "I'm speechless at what I uncovered. 6 days ago I heard a noise in the night. They didn't quarintine us to keep the virus inside, they did it to keep it out! No one can leave or get in! That's why they're so tight-assed about this stuff! It's starting to get nasty in here though... *Panting* I've been running from one of the gangs that popped up, wanted to blackmail me into making weapons from them, when I said no, they burned my hut down, and broke my forge. Those druggies are going to pay... someday... Hopefully if the virus gets in, they get infected, and I'll be forced to kill them... *Loud Explosion, followed by ripping metal* Is that a- oh my god... I knew we had lost contact with some of the other Camps, but I thought that was because they couldn't risk being found by the infested... they were wiped out... *Loud footsteps echo in the background* Oh god... not again... The Zerg are here..."HowBabysRBrn5 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 3) Continued from Zanon's PRP Bar (Part2)Zanon500 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 The neighborhood A place for characters to hang out and talk, for characters in every RP in here. It is basically a cross over, so characters in different RPs can form friendships, have conversations outside of the roleplay, and will improve the communites awareness of the characteristics and the abilites of each character. It is different from Zanon's in the fact that all the characters can interact in a homelike environment, rather than the authors. However I don't expect it to last very long, it will probably end up like the newsroom and the breakroom..... So don't get your hopes up.Fantasy31 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Typing/Writing takes so long... Sorry for not posting my RP yet, it's taking forever to finish. It was originally intended for the backstory to be about half a post long(5000 letters) but I've been writing it at school for about 2 weeks now. After all I have so far is typed, it's likely to be more like 3 entire posts long. I currently am almost out of lined paper and I have something like 17 pages written now, and the story is about 70% complete. I wish I could type as quickly as Mockingjay.Owlfeathers2 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Extended Showcase Tab Suggestion I have a suggestion for Blizzard and I couldn't find the appropriate forum section to post this in, so I figured I'd post it here in Joeyray's Bar. If this is not the right place, would a Mod kindly please move it to the appropriate section? Thank you. Suggestion: I had the idea of an Extended Showcase on players' in-game profile where 10-15 achievements could be showcased. One possible way this could be done is adding a tab on the in-game Player Profile screen that takes viewers to the Extended Showcase, much like clicking on the Achievements tab takes viewers to the achievements screen. I am quite sure I am not the only person to think of this but I have never seen or heard about it being suggested before. So I thought I'd post it and hope the game developers catch wind of it for consideration.Urstadt3 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 The Roach Warren When you enter, you find yourself in a slimy, low ceilinged structure. Ooze drips from the ceiling. What appears to be a large Zergling with built in speakerphones lounges in the corner, while unidentifiable organisms mill about, waging a futile war against the ceiling ooze in an effort to keep the tables clean. There is a large door that leads to a ring of stone, which supports a number of tables and chairs. This ring's windows allow a view down into an arena that houses unspeakable things, and changes from moment to moment. A large Roach with three fingered hands sits behind a counter, looking expectantly at you. A corridor leads of to his left, allowing him to reach a balcony from which he can view the arena. He speaks to you, and this is what he says... Welcome, welcome! To your first, and in some cases, last source of entertainment! The Roach Warren is a revolutionary combination of chat and RP thread, where you can casually munch on some Broodling Legs or Boiled Marine, sip a soda or CreepShake, listen to the pleasant tunes of Sweet Home Alabama or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - while you watch brave warriors fight to the death in the arena. Have a look at our menu, music selections, and sign-up sheet below. Tell me what you want, and I'll send someone over with it.KnarledOne386 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 The Wastes... Playing too much Fallout causes you to start developing wasteland stories in your favorite game universe. I have no shame. February 27 Fringe World known as Adytm, village Hotragh -There's been rumors of some, Zerg dens popping up around the area. I don't know much about them, but from what I get on UNN they ain't nice. Maybe we should start setting guards to watch the town, I'll also have to message Steve, he just moved outta our little village into the big city. I hope he's safe. February 28 Adytm Hotragh -Something attacked us last night. It looked like a dog but luckily one of the locals had his shotgun on him, took care of that. We called up some doctor from the big city to come look at it, just ain't right. February 29 Adytm Hotragh -I called up Steve, apparently there's been strange sightings of things up there too. I told him to stay inside until this is resolved. That doctor hasn't shown up either, and it's only about a five hour trip. February 30 Adytm Hotragh -There's been way too many freaky things going about. We had to arm everybody just to keep safe after some disappearances last night. I called up Steve again but he didn't answer. And I just get a bad feeling about this. February 31 Adytm Hotragh -Holy !@#$! Some kind of space ship appeared just now up there, It's larger than anything I've ever seen, hell it's the only thing up there I've seen, ain't no way it's human. It looks like there's hundreds of them, what the hell is going on. Later that day Some official looking guy came by, he said it was too dangerous to be in the open and that we need to seek shelter underground. What the hell does that mean?! It's got to do something with those ships, I bet they're working with the Zerg, I can't believe they targeted Adytm, those inhuman bastards. ... No more is recorded in the journal. 2 days later the Protoss war ships fired they're cannons into Adytm with the intention to destroy the massive Zerg infestation, due to it's extremity the Protoss used excessive force, turning 98% of the surface into desert, the rest is city and the rare water source. Of the estimated 5500 human population roughly 1500 survived the intitial strikes, and nearly 250 more died from the resulting psionic energy levels, which are too high for most human life to live in. Over the years it has been dulled to only a few places. Unfortunately the Zerg infestation was so entrenched in the planets crust that the strike did not destroy them. There is still Zerg life on Adytm, and small surgical Protoss strike teams are in charge of finding and eliminating them. The remaining Terren just try to get by.---And there's the setting to my hypothetical future Fallout-esque story. Comments? Questions? Comment below.DoomerX0 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 I'm thinking about.... ...creating a new RP. Im not sure if I would be able to, due to my somewhat busy schedule. But anyways... heres the intro. -------------------------------------------------The Iron Guard------------------------------------------------------------------- Hatred. Fear. Anger. All these emotions run through the heads of the citizens of Adonis. In the beginning, they had splintered away from the Confederacy, they had ran, merged together, and formed a just as corrupt and oppressive government, if not worse. Rebellion had come up time and time again, but they had all been put down, and all the partakers in the rebellion were executed, for all to see. The government was creating rivers of blood that would boil into retribution. The government would fall. The leader, the one who calls himself 'The Inquisitor' would burn. But before this can happen, the rebellion must be tempered, tempered by fire.NickDaMan26 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Let Me Jack Your Mind for a Second Wooh! That title actually got your attention! Great! You may regret it when you hear the pun that it's based off of though... *ahem* Do you remember in the "Internet's Triumphs" thread I made and I talked about mind series? No? Go read it, please. Anyways, that's what I want to do. I mean, I want to do a mind series. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Machinima/FreemansMind?from=Main.FreemansMind) Yes, I'm crazy. Muhahaha. S!@#, back to the point bro. I want to do a mind series and I put a lot of thought into it. I took some preliminary videos and I recorded my voice. I made a few jokes and wrote them down. (Then my computer crashed and all of it was erased T.T) I even secured and received a filled out interview from IRAMightyPirate (Ian Riley), a mastermind!! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Master-Minds/168970193139467) Imagine a guy like that took time out of his day to answer a hopeful like me and give me good quality information about how to make a mind series. Awesome. Now to the point. I want to make a Jack's Mind. You know? From Bioshock! (Does that pun burn? Good. Let it seep down into your soul.) I want to know what you think of this idea, but more importantly, I want help. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone have any ideas? If I required someone to say a few lines for me as a voice actor, would you be interested? What do you know about Fraps (or source recorders), Audacity, and Sony Vegas or Windows Movie Maker? I have found tutorials for a few of them. The masterminds give a whole range of different suggestions for programs you can use, but is there a computer expert here that has better ideas? Is there anything you can tell me or do for me that will help? That's what I'm asking.Thecommander3 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 I Am Alive (complete) this is a short story i made that unlike the other ones is pre-built so i have the first 2-3 chapters already good to go so even when i'm writing you'll still get the writing goodies you want. please support this story a lot, feedback so and so. i have tried 2 times and failed to make a lasting short story but i have a good feeling about this one. so i want to thank Knarled, Thunder, and everyone else that have supported my other short stories that have failed and i hope more people come and enjoy this one, so without further delay i present..... I Am Alive. CHAPTER 1: “I....am alive” I say as I desperately grabbed at footholds through the furious dust storm. My jacket fluttered behind me as the torrent threatened to engulf me. One step.... That was all it took. The world spun as buffets of wind blew me back, things.... Inhuman things glared at me with demonic eyes. The smart infested, detached from the hivemind they adapted however they liked, some spewed acid, while others just took your average chainsaw and assimilated it into their arm to make a deadly weapon, maybe add a few extra spines in the teeth, heck make it launch the saw after saw at your opponent. That was my last sight mind you before I was greeted by the clang of skull hitting dumpster. I woke with a start, everything was stripped of me except my clothes which weren’t much, a leather jacket, jeans, undershirt you know. All that was left was a piece of fishing line that I found lying beside me. I rummaged through the trash, finding a water bottle still full but dirty as hell, and a can of spam. I stored the meager supplies in my backpack and set off through the wasteland. Yep you heard right, wasteland. Ever since the protoss came with their big-a*ss planetcracker the cities were ruins with only few buildings left standing, but the ones that are still somehow erect usually don’t even have a roof or even a south side. It was bleak, no colour anywhere, all of the florescent reds or trendy blues were all washed away by the dust, the choking deadly dust. It was every man for themselves with those smart infested colonists enforcing that rule even more. You can’t expect to walk up to any living human without them having a baseball bat or something to protect themselves. Of course there are gangs, those that band together robbing the other survivors of anything to keep themselves alive. As I walked through the barren I find a skeleton, a sorry soul caught in the dust storm. He did have a pistol, of course not some fancy one the dominion used but a barrette. Good old fashion bullets were the only ammo here, and not the armor piercing or explosive riff-raff. I check to see the ammo, none. A gun was already hard to find, ammo even rarer. You gotta be resourceful around these parts. Of course moving around was pretty crucial too. I walked as I found multiple cars blocking my way. I leapt onto the nearest building and grabbed hold of the bricks that were shook loose during the earthquakes. I shimmied down a telephone wire, I looked down, 50 ft up and still higher to go. I reached the other end of the wire and swing myself onto a suspended canopy that shops used to protect their wares displayed outside from the rain. I crawled down to enter the shop, the contents were almost all scavenged, I walked down the isles, nothing. I see the pharmaceutical section, sprinting towards it I find a bottle full of dilution pills to help purify water under the table, I Reached down to grab it when I heard a voice behind me “whatcha doin mate”darkra15 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 I Am Alive RP (sign up phase) this is based off my short story that i finished a few days ago, you are in a ravaged world called Maria Ray which was hit by a protoss planetcracker, there is no colour in this world as it is now bombarding the few survivors with flash freezes and dust storms. gangs are at large with weapons like machetes, daggers, and sometimes a pistol. pistols are rare and are the only ranged weapon feared by the mortal dangers, ammunition is very scarce as you will have only 1-3 bullets, more and i will have to deduct from it. there are also infested freed from the hivemind with a powerful leviathan, they move around the north, south, west, and east parts of the city, i will post updates upon their locations. you may use anything to your disposal like bows and arrows, grappling hooks but if i find you making scenarios where you're finding these kinds of thing often then i will also be brought to attention. please remember to keep in mind where this is set and the circumstances. you must be clever to get yourself out of tight situations that may fall upon you at any moment. the sign up is the standard stuff. Name: Race: Terran(locked) Personality: etc. starter kit: Survivor: backpack, pistol(no ammo), machete or other(fire axe, dagger, etc), climbing rope, more nimble(climbing buildings etc.)darkra75 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Fantasy's news network.. Its gone!Fantasy109 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Create a Unit This is a thread where you can create Starcraft II units. It doesn't need to be completely balanced, but don't make it ridiculously powerful. Please use the format below: Name: Race: (Use Terran, Zerg, or Protoss or come up with your own race) Description: Appearance: Cost: (Minerals/Vespene) Life: (Shields if any/Life) Purpose (What it can be used for): Speed (No numbers, just compare to other units): Ground/Air: Traits (i.e. Light, Armored, Biological, etc.): Abilites (if any): Requirements: Here's an example: Name:Wyrm Race:Zerg Description:The Gigaxian Caveworm was a large but docile animal that fed mainly on underground stone. When the forces of Kerrigan found this planet, they were quickly assimilated into the Swarm. To eat the stone that their diet mainly consists of, Caveworms had to produce a corrosive acid in glands located near their stomach. The Queen of Blades put this to good use. Wyrms attack by spewing an improved version of this acid at air targets. This armor melts through even the thickest armor, so it is used primarily against heavily armored targets. For defense against ground targets, it uses a powerful bite to devour anything that dares come close to it. Appearance:It appears as a large worm with a reared up head, slightly higher than an Ultralisk. It has large, jagged spines surrounding its mouth, and a few large spikes sticking out of its back. Cost:200/150 Life:270 Purpose:Mainly used to take out armored air targets. The ground attack is powerful, but slow, and it is not an ideal unit to use against ground. Speed:Slightly slower than a Queen on creep. Ground/Air:Ground Traits:Armored/Massive Abilites:None Requirements:Requires HiveDaddy42 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Plasmic Surge: Protoss Weapons We sell Protoss weaponry and banelings that I have tested experiments on. You may ask additional questions both here and at Zanons PRP bar. You know what. I'm not going to yell at you, now come on down here to get some banelings and weaponry.plasmaman79 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 A Day To Remember... Episode 2 Previously... A mysterious persona captured Aximus, The Changeling, Jason, Nick, and Gabriel. Distributing them across a hostile desert world. Although originally hostile they decide to look behind their rivalries they join together to try and take down whoever brought them here. Shortly after meeting a gigantic mechanically modified zerg worm attacked them, Gabriel uses some of his terrazine to take it down but he suffered from hallucinations, their captor ordered him to look for the new 'subject' alone, threatening that if the others followed him something terrible would happen to someone he loved. Unable to distinguish fiction from reality Gabriel begins to wander in search of the newest addition to the captives, Zaros. Zaros is told that a spectre is looking for him and that he is out to kill him. The two begin to fight but the others who, unaware of the warning, followed Gabriel, intervened. After some more infighting they all form an alliance and are told that 2 more people have been placed somewhere in the facility. Those two were Jack, and Jeffrey. Using psionics they locate them easy and take them out of their confinements easily enough. But they also began to hear chantings, of a lunatic perhaps? Two more were also added to fray, Tlht'Rhn, a protoss who is offered the chance to go free if he kills one of his brethren, and Oblitus, a Terren ghost who their captor is talking directly to. We now return to... "The real question is, what is true, and what is not? I was able to create an entire environment, who's saying that what your seeing is real? Who's saying that those around you aren't just mere, creations, conjures of your imagination? Don'y go near where you will survive." In the distance you can see mountains, valleys, and one or two oasis'. "Those that reach the stars, hold those that will bring it down, those that are bland, risk, combustion, and those who offer the best glimpse of safety, offer the quickest way to death."DoomerX100 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 PanKoprulu Academy "Hello, and welcome to the PanKoprulu Academy, the only place where we all learn a little, and that learning is fun." Alright, now that that's out of the way . . . This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Edit for campus layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting TowerDraconus500 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 TWB (Troll wars bunker) If you're reading this, then it means the former thread has either been overrun or has reached Maximum post count. This Bunker can withstand any type of weaponry, from sniper rifles to nukes to farming equipment (don't ask). You will be safe here, but it may be a long wait, so sit back, pop open a beer, grab a shotgun and relax. Might as well blast some trolls while you're at it to make yourself useful. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4138435491 Forward outpostGhostSpectre48 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 Graveyard Shift Brains... Coming SOONIraqLobster22 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 Who needs a ride to IPL 4 Vegas?... If you live in So. California, check it out. I still have 3 spots available http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/eve/2907836919.htmlTenaCity2 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 6, 2012 LF SC2 Clan To Join I'm looking to join a SC2 clan. I live near New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I'd be highly interested in joining any clan based around this area, but by no means limited to that. I really want to improve my skills, find a good Zerg 2v2 partner, and hang out in TS3/Ventrillo with other Star2 players.Mastodon2 Apr 6, 2012
Apr 4, 2012 Salad Fingers invades. "Executer, Our assault on our previous homeworld has failed. The zerg flyers are closing on our remaining ground structures and their heavy anti air spires are rebuilding. The dominion terran are in orbit ready to halt our retreat, in hours the remnants of our kind we have left will be corroded to little more but ash." The statement lingered distastefully as the slumped executer pondered the idea of failure and the shame it wrought. "Then we have little choice" the executer pronounced ominously. "Heresy!" the second in command asertivly voiced. "I will not give-" The thought was silenced by what seemed to be an earthquake aboard the mothership. Alerts of zerg ship-board infiltration bio units beamed into the minds of everyone aboard the vessel. The executer eyed his commander as a brief pause took place. "Tassasadar forgive us all." On the battlefield raged a war between protoss and zerg, mighty colossi toppled helplessly as tentacles dragged them under a sea of zerglings. Zealots died bravely in hand to hand combat with hydralisks and stalkers became overwhelmed with airbourne broodlings and countless roaches. The chaos encompassed a small citidel that the protoss died to protect. A brilliant flash of blue illuminated the dark shroud of smoke as a single stargate cracked open. Loud thunder broke out and the ground began to qwivver. The spherical warpfeild above the stargate began to slowly give birth to a colourless, monstrosity. The ship hovered mid air in a thunderstorm as it took form til it became a glow. "Nettle carrier has arrived".FireDylan5 Apr 4, 2012
Apr 4, 2012 PLS HELP i didnt know where to post this so here it goes. At STP 4.78 L of chlorine is produced during a chemical reaction. What is the mass of this gas? i think i got the right answer but i have to be sure.geras5 Apr 4, 2012
Apr 4, 2012 What is Your Favorite Movie(s)? I got the idea to make this thread from the "whats ur favorite game" thread, so this is not completly my idea. Anyway, title says it all, here are some of my favorites: 5. Happy Gilmore 4. Rango (I just love reptiles...) 3. Suckerpunch 2. All 3 Transformers movies 1. Treasure Planet (This one is an old-ish cartoon movie that I just fell in love with when I was between ages 10 and 12, and I still like it to this day.) P.S I'm only 14, so don't expect me to be into all those dramas and dating movies and unrated/R movies......bjpiersII2 Apr 4, 2012
Apr 3, 2012 [Stream] Gnarl Diamond toss Diamond toss Live stream in HD doing some team ladder games. Doing funny strats and what not, come chill in chat and listen to some good tunes! :) justin.tv/nickdvisedGnarlious0 Apr 3, 2012
Apr 3, 2012 Zergotchi OK, I know it's an april fools day production but I still kinda want one. Fatten up your zergling enough, evolve it and eventually it will be delicious enough for a bigger zerg to eat, the bigger zerg becoming your new pet!ArchAngel1 Apr 3, 2012
Apr 1, 2012 Breakroom in the news station EVERYTHING IS MISSING~ RUN FOR GOD'S SAKE! EVERYTHING IS MISSING~ RUN FOR GOD'S SAKE! EVERYTHING IS MISSING~ RUN FOR GOD'S SAKE! (Encoded) Dice. A traditional die is a rounded cube, with each of its six faces showing a different number of dots (pips) from 1 to 6. This object, is the primary star for this RP idea which I will give to you, reader. It will most likely be Knarled who reads this, but whomever does, take it as your own and say it was your idea. I hope you manage this RP well. I wrote this idea out, but I don't think that any RP I start will be taken to kindly. Feel free to take Characters, plot ideas, or mechanics out of this. *Note!* This is still in progress. _________________________________________________________________________ The world of the game is the RP universe. Consider it the same as PKA. Everything goes, but must be reasonable. The characters begin in the Ghettos of the world of Pheros. Pheros is separated into several districts, the lowest being closest to the starport to the Military barracks, and other facilities that are useful to say the least in times of war. The highest are the furthest away. In the lower districts, it is peaceful and quiet. The further you go down, the more stable the region's are. The upper districts are hives of scum and villainy. Model citizens, or those who strike enough bribes can get a pass or be smuggled into a lower districts. Those who commit heinous crimes are moved to a higher district. The heroes start in district 9 out of the thirteen districts. The Zerg has landed and set up colonies in the thirteenth district, aiming at the least defended locations. They are swarming, increasing in number and slowly taking over the area one by one, and so far are in the midsts of conquering district 10. Though the fighting has been brutal, no one has evacuated. They cannot because the only starports are in district 0. And the rules still apply. No one can change districts. At the same time as the Zerg, a protoss carrier crashed landed on an isolated location on an island in district 10. They maintain a slowly diminishing force that are struggling to survive against the Zerg forces. Due to a damaged communication system, they cannot expect any backup, or any evac. A good portion of the protoss forces hold the opinion of leaving the crash site as fast as possible and hiding amist the terrans. An equally large force maintains that hiding would not only be dishonorable, but also suicidal, as they would be unable to hide for long in any district. The goal of the RP is to reach district Zero by any means possible and escape Pheros before it is too late. Playable characters. Most players should be playing humans. A few trusted people can play protoss, but preferably there should be no protoss. There can be no Zerg character on the protagonists' side. However if one or two people want to play as antagonists that will be fine. Humans- Most humans will be Civilians, people who never touched a gun before in their lives due to the fact that they are extremely difficult to procure outside of the military. However due to their backgrounds in the upper districts, they will have other skills. Psionic powers are limited, but are present. Skilled Psions are highly prized by criminal organizations due to their abilities to sense dissonance within their ranks. Anyone skilled with Psionics should be hunted after by the mafia, or already affiliated with a group. Soldiers are being recruited, sometimes by force by refugees fleeing from their districts. This could be a hazard when trying to cross districts. Keep this in mind. Protoss- Skilled Psions and warriors, who maintain their struggle against the Zerg. Mixtures of inexperienced forces and battle hardened veterans crashed. Choose to play what you will. Stats Stats in the game will be selected by a random process. Dice. While players can begin with selected stats, any stat modification will be done by random. Every completion of a mission will result in the ability to modify one stat. How large the modification will be is based off of the DM's decision(EG. The reward for a mission could be either a six sided dice roll, or a twenty side dice roll.) . If the number rolled is an odd number, reduce the predetermined stat by the number rolled. If the number rolled is even increase the stat by the number rolled. You can choose to store a dice roll, and use it later if one is afraid, but remember, gambling is the only way to get stronger. Stats. Health points. Every point placed in health points is equal to five HP. If you have six points for instance in HP, you have at most 30 HP. Hit Zero HP, and the character is knocked out. Hit -10, the character dies. No one hit can instantly kill a character at max HP, the most a single hit can do is instantly send a character to Zero. Strength- Physical force. How much damage is dealt per hit. Nuff said. Protoss recieve a minus two penalty to strength. Humans get a plus two bonus. Psionics- Psionic strength. How powerful a person's psionic abilities are. Humans receive a minus two penalty. Protoss get a plus two bonus. Charisma- I have a dream! Charisma is used in bluff skills, as well as rallying people to your side. Required for rally skills. Melee weapon proficiency- how proficient someone is with a melee weapon. (Metal pipes, swords, baseball bats.) Increases ability for the character to dodge in close combat. Ranged Weapon proficiency- Boom! Headshot. How proficient someone is with a ranged weapon. Increases distance of attack as well, as well as vision in poor lighting. Dexterity-Want sticky fingers? To be able to pick locks, maintain footing on slippery surfaces, to hide easily from the Swarm, or evade capture by guards, Dexterity is your go-to stat. Also improves proficiency in knives. Luck- Pick a god and pray! No really. Luck is for the gamblers who want to live on edge. Don't main this stat, or else your character will probably die. Luck is used in random chance events, like when guards are selecting prisoners to be tortured to death, or which people will be used as meatshields, and who will be left to die after the zerg start attacking a prison. You don't need high luck to receive Luck's benefits. Just higher then everyone else's. Other traits. Constitution- Body build. Heavy builds give a +1 health but a -2 Dexterity modifier. Lithe builds give a -2 health but a +1 dexterity modifier, as well as a +1 Luck modifier. Speed- All humans start with 2.00 movement, however they also start with the Sprint Skill. Protoss have whatever speed the unit they are playing as has. _______________________________________________________________ Skills-Abilities that are learned over time. Some skills have minimum stat requirements. Sprint- Available to all. Increase speed by .50 for ten seconds. For every point in Dex, increase the speed boosted by sprint by .1. If sprinting on a waxed floor, or other slippery material(such as creep), the effects of Sprint will be diminished. Locktouch- Breaks open a locked door. Requires 7 dex to learn, and takes fifteen minutes in good lighting to break a lock with improvised tools. If a player's dex is higher, then time required to break a lock is reduced. At thirty Dex, one can open a lock with improvised tools blind in less then thirty seconds. Throw- Throws a melee weapon at a foe. Requires 5 in melee weapon proficiency, and a dex score of 6. Higher scores in both increases damage and whether or not the pointy end of the weapon thrown hits the target. Sneak/Hide- Learn-able at 3 dex(Yeah... LOL). Usable at 5(Better have a high luck score... and a poor sucker to be caught first). Practical at 10(Don't count on it). Reliable at 15(Use it as a primary way of moving around rather then a disguise, but keep a backup.). Godlike at thirty. (You have become a ninja. Congratulations.) Steal- Learn-able at 10 Dex. At fifteen you can steal from a watched object, given a distraction. At fifty dex, steal someone's clothes... and their false teeth. Powerstrike- Learnable at 7 strength. Add a 1.2 multiplier to attack, as well as other strength bonuses. Burn 10 energy on use. Powerstrike Level 2. 10 strength. Add a 1.5 multiplier to attack. Power strike Level 3 15 strength. Add a 2.0 multiplier to attack. Overpower- 10 strength to learn. Use sheer force to knock someone over into a kneeling position. Can be used to break walls with the correct tools. Persuade- BS your way through any situation. If your Charisma is 10 or higher, you have lowered suspicion. If Charisma is 15 or higher, you have partially persuaded them. 20, you have convinced them to not attack you. (Note! Guards have an automatic -3 modifier to your Charisma. The more guards are around, the less of an effect you have on them. For example two guards around will give you a -6 penalty, while only one gives you a -3. Guards on alert have a -5 Charisma. Guards on high Alert have a -7. Guards you have attacked have a -20. On the other hand. Citizens(Not party members) supportive of you have a +3 modifier, Citizens that admire you have a +4, and citizens you have saved have a +5. Other RPers give a +1 modifier due to them backing up your story. However, do note that the entrance of other forces can break your lies. Or if they think they know otherwise they will not believe you. Charm- Get into someone else's pants. Nuff said. Only works if the other guy is the opposite gender, or is gay. Requires a charisma of 8 or higher, and follows the same modifiers as above.Fantasy265 Apr 1, 2012
Apr 1, 2012 A Day to Remember in Memorium "The experiment has gone awry." "I know... they refuse to submit... I'm running out of options... there's too many subjects in the arena to keep, if they band together I have nothing to stand against them, they're allying when they should be fighting. It's madness." "No, it's survival, you are their common enemy, the one who took them from their lives and have been throwing situation after situation at them. They band together out of need, not want." "So what should I do... I can't manage every aspect at once, there's the Protoss, the Terren whose chambers I filled with Terrazine, their sheep that are avoiding every means of corralling." "Then don't retaliate, escalate." "What?" "If you can't keep order in your test, create more chaos!" "How would I go about that sir?" "Turn them against each other, if survival is their only reason for banding together let them know their free, destroy what binds them together." "I see. We must kill the... common... enemy... SIR PLEASE!" "I'm sorry, your experiment has failed. Goodbye Cold." "NO!" *Silence . . . "Attention everyone who has been a part of this experiment, you've won, your freedom has been granted to you, if -in your current condition- you can reach the far off sand dunes there is a star port that contains one ship for you all. I sincerely hope you find your way out of here safely, your captor has met an unfortunate end and sadly can not wish you best of luck in your fleet." - If you want you can continue in the thread, no rping in this post please.DoomerX3 Apr 1, 2012
Mar 30, 2012 HowBabysRBrn's Asylum... Need someone locked up tight? We here at the HBRB Asylum specialize in making our inmates brand new again! Using special techniques, our success rate is in the high 90's. Now, you may submit others for them! This is in the case that they are too unreliable to do this themselves. As long as you pay for them, everything is good! Our list of Services! -Caretaking: $10 a week. Simple things, really. We supply food and water, and Hot tubs as well as comfy beds for your slightly delusional companions. -Mental Rehabilitation: $50, straight up. This involves a process in which your inmate will undergo a complete mindwipe and reprogramming, Zerg style. Failures are deemed irredeemable and are eaten. -Torture Chamber: $5 a day. You hate someone? We will make them suffer. That's a Zerg Promise! To enlist someone to become an inmate, please contact your local Zerg Infestation, or the Changeling. We will take them if you feel that they will be... unwilling, to come themselves. Have a nice day!HowBabysRBrn277 Mar 30, 2012
Mar 30, 2012 Nick The Zealot-Marine Just a bit of fanart I did. Enjoy! http://nickdaman.deviantart.com/art/Nick-the-Zealot-Marine-292699558 (I appreciate feedback)NickDaMan10 Mar 30, 2012
Mar 29, 2012 At a world's end... I know it's most likely a dread of a sight to see me back, but just read for a little bit, ok?Chaos everywhere, people screaming, destruction everywhere... This is truely the end of this world, in sector 239-102, the planet we call home, Earth. All is lost, hope is gone... But, in our darkest hour is when we shine the most. And right now you need to shine alot, for us, for humanity, for Earth. Now get out and show them what were made of! That's the story right now, so first things first. Everyone starts out waking up in there house (where and what that is doesn't matter to me). Then here our the classes possible:Marine: On the front line these guys put the 'A' in 'Faith'. Weapons may be: A form of Assult rifle, Sniper rifle, Pistol, or machine gun. Ghosts: Strong, fast, and a good shot is what a ghost is, some say there heartless, they say there just doing there job. Weapons may be: A form of Sniper rifle, Pistol, or a PSI blade. Medivac: Healer and transporter, you are defense less without troops, but you are still needed. Weapons may be: The Medivac. Hellion: The fast high speed car, if the gun doesn't kill you, the car will. Weapons may be: The Hellion Part 2: of rules:BcACE8 Mar 29, 2012
Mar 27, 2012 clan Draconis Rising is disbaned DISBANEDxDRxDevourer2 Mar 27, 2012
Mar 26, 2012 Too Many sticky requests I had this story going called "A ghosts story" (which is still here, just search it). Its was doing pretty good but the problem is, i created it around when SC2 came out. The sticky request works like this, you click it and it kicked all the ones down so your forum is listed first. But the problem is for all the older forums, is you can only do it 1 time. This needs to be changed because now my story is somewhere on like page 10, and honestly who looks through all these forum pages? Who agrees?MrGiggles3 Mar 26, 2012
Mar 26, 2012 A Ghost's Story Here's how it works, I will start out with the current situation of the Ghost and you guys post what you think should happen next based on the options given. I will then write what happened based on the option with the most votes. Now heres the thing, do not put random comments and answers on here. There will be 4 options and all I want you do do its post 1, 2, 3, or 4. Nothing more besides the number of the option that you wish to vote for. Here is the current situation: I have just graduated from the Ghost Academy with a expert's mark (meaning I am considered an elite or professional) on my survival, sharp shooting, stealth, and endurance courses. I have been assigned to the 57th Terran fleet. The 57th only consists of one Battlecruiser. I have heard rumors that the 57th is one of the elite stealth fleets that go in and get the job done as cleanly, swiftly, and stealthy as possible. I received the time and date I am suppose to be on the ship for briefing and equipment assignment. I also received a letter from my friend who wants to throw a party for me as a good-bye celebration because I may never come back. I am not sure whether to show up to the ship on time or to go to the party because my girl friend will only go if I go because she also has to be at the star port for her briefing and ship assignment for the 43rd Terran fleet. She is a Viking pilot going to the outer boarder of Protoss space to try to take a planet called Trilium 5 that was a Terran colony before the first Zerg invasion but was taken from the Zerg by the Protoss near the end of the first invasion. What do you think he should do? -->1<-- Go to his friends party and say good-bye to all those he will miss and maybe never see again -->2<-- Show up on time to his breifing and equipment assignment (There are no options 3 or 4 at this time) Remmember, no comments besides option number please.MrGiggles72 Mar 26, 2012
Mar 26, 2012 Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 2) ---Continued from Zanon's PRP Bar---Zanon500 Mar 26, 2012
Mar 25, 2012 Lego tabletop game Mobile frame zero I stumbled across this, which I think looks like a great way to waste sometime. It's a table top strat game where you make mechs out of lego and do battle with 2-5 players. The rule book, including instructions and directions on getting appropriate lego pieces, will be out soon once a kickstarter for it is finished in a little over 2 weeks. Check it out over at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/JoshuaACNewman/mobile-frame-zero-rapid-attack If you pledge you get the rule book included, possible for much less than it will retail for.PajamaHero0 Mar 25, 2012
Mar 25, 2012 Random story Everyone contriubutes 1-2 sentances of words, but must leave it open for it to continue. No periods unless you start a new sentance. For best effect, only look at the last few words the previous person wrote. No need to make characters or anything! Lets start... One day the overlord was just flying around seemingly aimlessly, providing supply for the team. But there was one little secret: it was...bayviewnc22 Mar 25, 2012
Mar 25, 2012 Random Story Thread Everybody contributes a few sentences-a paragraph left off by a cliff-hanger to make a "great" story. I'll kick it off. All was still. The Protoss Zealot was the last of his army. He had called in reinforces, but they would not be there in time. He was surrounded by Marauders. He was about to make his final stand, when up from behind the marauders appeared a... Mop4 Mar 25, 2012
Mar 24, 2012 [Stream] Live now, Streaming in HD random team games playing toss and some random. ill try to do some funny plays, come chill in chat and listen to some good tunes while i pwn teh noobs justin.tv/nickDvisedInfDvo0 Mar 24, 2012
Mar 21, 2012 Cloaked Love V2 P2 Alright, we made it to a page 2. Lets continue. Moirana shrugged. "No, we didn't, but when it feels like the entire sector is out to kill you, it's kind of hard to make friends. And when it come to the Zerg, it might as well be." She looked around, noticing several broken stones on the ground. Concentrating, she closed her eyes and released a wave of thoughts, trying to use them to learn about her surroundings. To her frustration, all she could feel was the empty pull of the man before her, and the locked barrier of the Shadow Fighter. She sighed, holstering her gun and sheathing her pistol.Thundercrash500 Mar 21, 2012
Mar 21, 2012 This Is a Zergling and Zealot Thread #9 (RP) This is an actual roleplay. Here are the rules! State your (name) (race) (unit-type), and any other info that you feel others should know. I will start. Additionally, all races can understand each other, due to some technology. Please keep track of your Credits and Items. Each Player will get 100 credits at the beginning of each day, from when they started. *Link to First Thread* http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2522072239?page=1 I give Credit for this series of threads to Vulturling. New Players are welcomed.NickDaMan500 Mar 21, 2012
Mar 20, 2012 A Day To Remember Sign Up! Ok so if your here you might have seen the "A Day To Remember" Rp I made. Right now only four of us are regularing in there so if you want to join follow a simple setup design. Note : The character must already preexist in a current RP to qualify *required *Name *Unit Armaments *Original Rp *Short bio of activities in their home Rp. If you want to get an idea of the story read the other thread to see if it intrests you.iMoDoomerX103 Mar 20, 2012