Joeyray's Bar

Oct 23, 2011 Free Month of WoW: Scroll of res wanted Is anyone out there willing to cast a scroll of resurrection on my WoW account? You get a free month of game time out of it. Send a tell to Lati on the Bonechewer server if you are interested. :D You may need to add Lati as a friend first.Candellas1 Oct 23, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Got an urgent problem right now So, I was about to ask this girl I had known for a long time out, but there is a problem. Even though I attend a Christian school, I am an Athiest. Until recently, I had high hopes that it would not bother her, but those hopes died one day. I was in the computer lab and was filing stuff for one of the teachers and overheard her talking with one of her friends. The other girl was talking about some guy at camp that she had met and was talking about how he was perfect until he told her that he was an Athiest. In response the girl I like said, quote for quote, "Ew, an Athiest?". Even though I lost a lot of respect for her, I still want her and I fear that my beliefs are a big obstacle. Any suggestions? I don't want to just not tell her, for that wouldn't feel right if we got together.Foxer27 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Do you think that this is fair? Ok so it starts like this, my best friend has just been suspended for 10 days. His mother has died of pancreatic cancer and his father is an alcoholic. So today one of our friends had started crying in the hall. Her mother had died of cancer and she cannot get over it. Soon later a stupid freshman walks by and tells her to shut the fu*k up. My best friend gets so angry he completely slammed the freshman in the jaw and threw him into a locker. It was horrible. Soon the teachers saw him and he is now suspended for 10 days and may get sued...that is so not fair.Ramaploopy8 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 22, 2011 Looking for tips on everything Starcraft II Any help or recommendations?cory1 Oct 22, 2011
Oct 21, 2011 i was looking through post history and found this a crazy debate about whether or not blizzard has forsaken its fans and this one of the funniest threads that I have ever read any1 else got some hidden gems in their post history?Necromaster6 Oct 21, 2011
Oct 21, 2011 Magic the gathering i lay down a plains and tap pay 2 life and put down vault skirge, your moveNecromaster32 Oct 21, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 Experiment I want to see what citizens of joeyrays do when there is no topic. Go.Archangel32 Oct 20, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Rise of the Hunter Killers {Prologue} "Adjutant, I'm very tired of listening to these half-baked files of half-baked or dead people. How many more must I look over?" "There is only a few more." "Fine. Who is next?" "A male in his late twenties. Mr. Rick Zeldred. A former Confederate and Dominion Pilot." "This sounds remarkablely unremarkable. Give me a quick review." Rick Zeldred is a tall but thin man. His only remarkable feature is his dirty red hair. He applied for the Confederacy along with his brother while in their teens. Rick became a pilot of different ships, but his brother showed signs of psyonic activities. Because of this, the Confederacy tagged Rick to watch for any dormant abilities. After showing a skill in flying, the Confederacy put Rick into a program to test the Prototype Wyrm, the fighter/walker machine. While transporting one of the Wyrms to Tyrador VIII, he was attacked by Kel Morian hounds and shot down. Rick was found by a small scientist sect of the Moebius Foundation. Oddly enough this group was working for the Sons of Korhal by researching the Zerg. Rick remained with them a couple of years. During the Brood Wars, Rick Zeldred joined the Sons of Korhal, with the influence of the Moebius group, by offering blueprints and information on the Wyrm. There are no records of him fighting in any battles during the Brood Wars. "Adjutant, were there any signs of psyonic abilities during this time?" "Negative, Nothing note worthy was recorded." After the Terran Dominion has taken power, Rick was employed to test the Viking. Unfortunately, after a year, He stole an improved Viking prototype and became AWOL. His whereabouts until recently have been unknown. "Until recently? Where has he been?" "A number of Vidcasts were found in the Moebius Foundation files made by a 'Zeld E. Rick,' a freelance scientist who was currently abroad. There is evidence confirming that he is Rick Zeldred in the videos. Permission to play them now." "Do it. I might see something useful or less boring than the other files." "Affirmative, playing now."Zalderick30 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 "Immortal Code" Storyline [Galak the Mighty] *drops down to a crouch, leveling his rifle towards the agile zerglings. Taking the time to sight in his fast moving targets* KOOF! KOOF! KOOF! *The extra effort was immediatly rewarded, as 3 of the horrors ceased to move.* A singular order booms out over the din of gauss weaponry. SECONDARY POSITIONS! The brave defenders let out one last hail of lead before rushing back towards the next phase of a seemingly hopeless defense.* The excerpt you have just read is but a small sample of what's to come. As of now, I am writing an entire sci-fi novel, called "Immortal Code". The following forum posts will be filled with information regarding the story elements. It's still a work in progress, and will continue recieving updates and extensions, as I play cortex RP. And for those of you who are interested in becoming serious Cortex Rpers, add this page to you favorites. and check back often. Theres plenty to learn from reading all this. NOTICE: Trolls will be fed to the TARDLING! High five to all of my aspergian brethren! we shall rule this universe soon! Name of Storyline: Immortal Code Universe: Starcraft 2 - Cortex RP Influences: Spinward Fringe Broadcasts (book), Forgotten Realms (book), Red Vs. Blue (machinima). Starcraft 2 (obvious). Primary time Era: 4072 Themes: Sci-fi, Immortality.Huskies32 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Another Damn 1-1-1 (Another One Rides The Bus Parody) Why is it Another One Rides the Bus and not Another One Bites the Dust? Because I used this song to write it. There are some parts where it's not fully synched but mehs. Quening up a 1v1 Already got a loss streak. Really really hoping for a PvZ But haven't got one in a week. Spawned on a nerazim crypt against a random player. Now I'm sendin a probe up his ramp And see he's Terren! No! Another Damn 1-1-1. Another Damn 1-1-1. And another game lost And another game lost Another Damn 1-1-1. Hey, he's gonna pwn you too Another Damn 1-1-1. - The Banshees are tearing up my guys my units are all s---. Marines are just way to OP When do they run out of clips? I think I got demoted again I think my pool is gone? The best I can hope for is to get so low I can just farm along. COME ON!! - Another Damn 1-1-1. Another Damn 1-1-1. And another game lost And another game lost Another Damn 1-1-1. Hey, he's gonna pwn you too Another Damn 1-1-1. - The push is coming and my units die and my face is turning blue. I've never been this 'effin p---ed off and that is very true. Well I should have listened to everyone Should have played terren! I'm already down to gold league So I'll just build canons. TERREN!! - Another Damn 1-1-1. Another Damn 1-1-1. And another game lost And another game lost Another Damn 1-1-1. Hey, he's gonna pwn you too Another Damn 1-1-1. - ::END:: Like sticky or whatever. If enough people like it i'll post it in general.iMoDoomerX0 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 The Crash This is going to be an open RP that I got the idea from being in a few RPs The Rules: You can be ether Protoss or Terran, Zerg if you have free will Vehicle and Machines aren't available until you manage to escape from the first room You can have any ability as long as it has drawbacks To join use this format Name: Race: Class: Backstory: You wake up from a cyro-stasis pod to find yourself in a locked room with other pods. Some are empty while others are destroyed, one of them even holding the remains of someone. You here other pods opening through the walls, when the effects of cyro-stasis catch on: Soreness throughout your body. You see that some moss has managed to creep through the door, meaning you've been asleep for a long time. There's debris throughout the steel floor that you could use to get out, and the door is thick, but rusted. You don't know where you are, and how you got there. Good luckNaitsrich500 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 16, 2011 Diary of a Supply Depot but alas, he had no hands with which to write.Apollo15 Oct 16, 2011
Oct 15, 2011 Short story: Unition I wrote this story last year and reposted it several times. Came back to the forms to realize there is a section for stories like this, so I think this is where it should go once and for all. Tl;dr at bottom. A few months back I put this story for my english class online. Anyway, I decided to put my fixed and improved version back here. Enjoy it if you have the patience to read it. Chapter One The singing glow from my blade begins to tighten the nerves on my arm as I unsheathe it from an enemy. It is the forty-seventh of the Zerg-hounds I have slain since the morning dew. I ponder over the lifeless body and the trail of death I have created since I arrived at my encampment seventeen moons ago. Battle cries of my comrades bring me back to the battle. Through the Khala I can feel their fear mix with my hatred. Or maybe the hate I feel is coming from them. The ground shakes as countless of the serpentine creatures erupt from the soil. Their horrid screams are quelled from the noise of skin tearing both friend and foe alike. I charge and swing my blade at one of the creatures, and it looks more fearsome than ever as it falls to the ground, defeated. My allies shout as they swing their blades wildly at the enemy, killing dozens before falling themselves. They do not realize this is an enemy who is more savage than we could ever dream to be. My commander, Khazael, jumps overhead into the middle of the slaughter in his Dragoon armor. He effortlessly purifies the field without the reliance on his flesh and bone. He said he would never trust any other machine and always refused to be transferred into the new bodies our scientists had created. His courage helps us turn the tide of the battle and we attain victory. Hours later, back at camp, tranquillity fills me as I enter the sanctity of plant-filled forests which are accompanied by the golden buildings of my kind. I join my comrades who bask in the energy of a crystal that has been set up. We share stories and compare the number of scars we have collected over the centuries. Our commander comes and tells us that help has finally arrived though the gates. We rush to greet our friends, but are taken aback in disgust at what we gaze upon. A single word crawls around the minds of all my fellow warriors…Heretics. Our superiors mock us by sending the dark outcasts to assist us. We need soldiers, not traitorous assassins to win the war against the Zerg. They bear colors of purple and black and are wrapped in bones of their enemies-a tradition born out of their bizarre superstitions. Several of the Zealots storm off in their anger. The bad is only followed by the worse as I am given night watch duty with one of the Dark Templar. I do not know his name nor do I bother to ask it. Saying their name only brings bloodlust that I wish I could carry to my fights. While most of my kind becomes more zealous with age, I feel as withered as the dead leaves at my feet. He does nothing but hunch over and stare at me while he turns translucent, almost invisible in the darkness. I stand and pretend to look around for life-forms around the tree line, but I can’t shake the eerie feeling I have as he studies me. I look back at him and give him a displeased look, knowing he can’t understand what I am doing due to his severing of our greatest gift. Little did I know that he had inferred everything going through my mind. Eventually, the stress is too much and finally I snap, “What are you doing? You should be searching for threats, not looking at me!” He says nothing for several seconds and with nothing more than a whisper he replies, “So should you.” Suddenly the earth shakes and howls come from the sky. The moonlight’s glow is blocked out by thousands of the flying Zerg. The trees of the forest shake and fall down as countless of their hounds start to enclose upon us. I look behind me and see the entire camp has been overrun, and most of my friends are either fighting or dying. Never did I think that I would meet my end with the likes of a dreaded Heretic. But, even he has disappeared from my sight. I activate my blades and ready myself to join the Khala. With a final breath, I engage the enemy for the last time. It feels like I kill a hundred of them before I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder. Indigo drops of blood trickle down my body as my left arm becomes paralyzed. I begin to lose consciousness and my vision fades. At last, peace and eternal glory await me. Peace and glory did await me, until the Heretic appears and wraps his body around mine. He starts to make us fade away. The world grows dark.Bion4 Oct 15, 2011
Oct 15, 2011 The Rise and Fall of Humanity This is an OPEN Roleplay. Anyone may join, except trolls. *looks at you* Hmm.... I guess you aren't a troll. That, or you have AMAZING cosplay experience. ANYWAYS.... I decided I was going to submit a story I had, but I'm pretty sure you all can advance it, with a roleplay. Thanks in advance! ALRIGHT, SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE- and the PLANET is named Gesk. There is something VERY valuable at its center (underground). Terrans are the current plot. Protoss still have a hatred for Zerg. Zerg get the most attention here. With *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS* Kerrigan purified, and with no new Cerebrates to take control, the Zerg are in chaos. Small groups are forming, but it isn't enough to stop the main Zerg forces..... Please select a race, or two if you can manage. Terran, Protoss, SZerg, YZerg. SZerg is the chaotic Zerg. Higher risk of acquiring NO forces from the Swarm, but significantly better payouts (How would a squadron of Mutalisks fare against a ragtag Terran squad? Pretty well.). Terran is average, more defense than offense. Protoss have a few more elite units, but lack in army size. SZerg are Zerg with their minds returned to them... They have a culture to develop, leaders to be established, and more. Who will you choose? Will you make allies amongst your race, or branch out? Or even go alone? (Strongly recommended to make allies, as this IS a War Rp.) Please state the Race, your leader's name, and such like. Brief history, for bonus points. Good luck! Ah crap, sorray guys. YZerg is the Swarm, yes. ANYONE may join. HINT:Drones, Probes, SCVS, Oh My!Vultureling251 Oct 15, 2011
Oct 15, 2011 A Tribute This Thread is dedicated to- Zorca, Vultureling, Mockingjay, Sittinducks, Venom, Jamesthing, TheYoungOne, and anyone else who has made this possible. This is the Zergling and Zealot thread in story form, feel free to join. It was a lonely day at Joey Ray's. Only a few creatures were milling about. Vultureling pulls up a bowl of creep, and settles down Vultureling absently licks at his creep-shake, thinking about his past. He wonders how he could have been created. Xel'Naga, perhaps? Maybe the Overmind personally created him. perhaps, he was just a freak accident... but why did it matter, anyway? He had decided to kill all 3 races equally. Neaera the Ultralisk steps over Vultureling, due to recent evolution enhancments, and exits the bar. A drop ship suddenly appears and 8 marines suddenly leap 30 feet down to the ground and target Neaera. "Halt!" one of the Marines says. "You are unacceptable to the world of starcraft due to your outrageous ability to walk over small units. You are to be terminated immediately. This could beak the entire universe as we know it. How shall the mighty Terran race be able to hold dominance if such a creature were to reproduce!" The Marines let out a cry as they push the T located on their body and fire at an insanely overpowered rate. Smoke begins to rise as Neaera is rained down upon by the marines. The marine that talked held up his wrist to signal a cease fire. When the smoke cleared they were shocked to their bones. Neaera was still there. He was coated in his Chitinous Plating. The marines tried to call the dropship down... but it was to late... for Neaera was upon them. Vultureling then comes out of the bar, leaving his creep-shake. "Hello, there!" He says. He looks at the corpses. "Nice did you do it?" Vultureling politely asks. Neaera replies: "Pretty easily. I'm a little smaller as you can see. But I've gained quite a few new enhancements to my predecessor. I'm not sure why they never thought of "charging" these ridiculous units down. Alas... I can not hit the drop ship though. To bad there aren't any hydra's anymore." Drmigit entered Joe's bar with a loud sigh, the corpses littered around meant only one thing, Neaera was there. Drmigit came on weekends to joe's bar to get away from work, and Neaera was his restraunt's most frequent customer. He tip toed past Neaera but tripped over the vultureling. They both turned their attention toward the aspiring chef, and he proceed to sit down and order a large large drink. Neaera then shouts, "Drmigit! How's work treating ya? I heard about that little riot with the probes. They were trying to start a riot about them having to work to hard." "They calmed down, dishonorable fools took a slightly larger mineral wage for working twice as hard. Its becoming burdensome to handle so many of these workers at once. Im surprised they still send marines after you, one would think a thor would come at some point. Or a planetary fortress... I remember before I settled down...we charged many friends...SO MANY, ooh whisky" *drinks* "Interesting, Nerea!" Vultureling looks at the Zealot Chef. "Can you cook creep 'shakes?" He asks. Joey pipes up. "Hey, people! Time to close up! I'll be back up tomorrow!" Many grumbles accompany his statement, but eventually everyone gets out. The next day Nerea pipes up, "I'm not sure why they send marines. Marauders would work much better. But we all know how marines think? MOAR MARINES" "I don't like being called Ultralisk 2.0. I think i should go for a new name. Not sure what though." *sigh* Just then, a marauder busts into the bar. "Give me some tequila!" *Neaera Decides that it's time to go tear apart that small Terran settlement he saw on his way to the bar.* Luckily for him no one really knows his real tag... and it's not armored. While he storms toward the settlement... he undergoes another evolution. The air around him crackles as Psionic energy radiates around him. A hint of a smile hits Neaera's lips... Meanwhile, Vultureling slowly gets out of bed, stretching his Zergling limbs. "hey, wait... It's free drinks at Joey's today! Sweet!" He thinks about stopping by Neaera's today. "Nah, I'll see Neaera today at Joey's." He says out loud, to no in in particular. Vultureling heads on to Joey Ray's bar on the Overlord Bus. Kinda icky in there, but it's free. He stops for a moment at the entrance, then goes inside. " 'mornin, Vultureling..." Joey says sleepily. "The usual, please." Vultureling replies, then says "So...anything new?" "Nope." Joey replies, still tired. Vultureling begins licking at his Creepshake, waiting for the others.NickDaMan15 Oct 15, 2011
Oct 15, 2011 GameStop is ripping me off. Basically what's happening is, my friend bought me Black Ops on my birthday. I was a little wary of playing it at first, the reason being that I'm a firm conscientious objector. So, I didn't want to play it at first because I don't believe in any sort of war glorification. My grandfather, who fought in WW2 made me promise to never endorse War Glorification because he saw the hell that went on there. At one time in France when US troops were clearing out Germans from a building, one of them managed to get past machine gun fire. He had to take him down with a basic form of CQC and from there broke his neck with his bare hands. He said it was the single most traumatic event of his life and I promised to never endorse war. I wound up playing the game, and was surprised at how fun it was. The reason I played it was because I wanted to see if it realistically depicted war the way people on message boards says it does. I wound up having so much fun with the game, I played through it in one sitting through the weekend. And honestly, this scared me. How many kids playing this game have played it and thought immediately afterwards "I should join the Army. This is fun.". How many lives are lost because of this game? Yes, it is a great game, but I could never endorse it. I asked my friend for the gift receipt he had with it and took it back to the store. Well, GameStop told me that because the game was opened, they can't take it back. I told them that I'm a conscientious objector, and that the game offends what are the equivalent of religious beliefs to me. I told them that if they don't accept the game in the condition it's in, then I AM going to go to their COO, write him a letter and express my experience. They had the gall to LAUGH at me and state "Good luck with that, buddy". Keep in mind, this was in front of several other customers so I believe it constitutes public humiliation if I get my legal team involved. So, I've been scammed out of money, meanwhile I am a long time customer at this GameStop who has bought several gaming systems and video games there for years. I am going to write to their chief operating officer and show them what it means to be my enemy. I will not tolerate this indignification.KiNPiNG10 Oct 15, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 I am so angry right now I am so mad at people who beleive that sc1 is not as dark as sc2, it makes me want to just !@#$ing punch wall until my fists bleed. sc1 was infinitley darker and better written than sc2. I have been arguing this all over the forum and it just seems like these people can't see a bad plot/ story when it smacks them in the face. Like seriously i feel like im trying to explain to people why eragon the movie was a bad movie. the thread and the other thread that really left me steamed Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Battle for the Amerigo an Open Rp Almost 4 years ago, A small squad of elite Terran troops was sent to destroy a Science Vessel named The Amerigo. They placed a Tac Mini Nuke in it to destroy it, the Science Vessel exploded, but with the Squad on it. Part of the wreckage land on a small nameless moon. That wreckage, help zerg spores, and several surviving infested, they quickly infested the entire moon. Now, Emperor Mengsk realizes that it is possible part of the wreckage could contain a part of the transmission of New Ghettysburg, which if Raynor found, he could ruin him. So he sent a small army of 500 or so men down on a Battlecruiser and two Hercules, they set up in a small uninfested area, and have turtled there, many bunkers and missle turrets defend it. Now the zerg, as usual, seek to destroy these terrans, as they could harm their hive. The hive is composed mostly of ground units, which makes it harder to overrun the Terrans. About 80% of the planet is zerg controled though, so the forces they lose in attempts to breach the Terran defenses are quickly reborn, and new waves to attack them are sent hourly. As this moon is relatively near Protoss space, they realise if the Terrans fail, this hive could spread into Terran space, and even possibly wipe them out, so they also have sent about 500 troops to mainly help the Terrans defeat the zerg. They do not know why the Terrans arrived though, and will probably not help the Terrans find the wreckage area of the Amerigo, but they may, the choice is yours (if you play Protoss). The Terrans hold out in their outpost, waiting for the right time to strike, the protoss guard the Terrans base, and the zerg send endless Swarms to attack the Terrans and hopefully defeat them. Rules: If you want to rp, please use this format. Name: Race: Unit: Just type that above your first entry, and you will not need to type it if you continue to rp. You can be any unit, from Sc 2 Campaign, Brood War, or sc 1. If you are going to be Zerg please be something that can talk (Overlords, Overseers, Infestors (through Neural Parasited Units), Queens, and if you want you can make a 'The Very Special 'Enter Zerg Unit Name Here' type guy'.)Firebat204 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Short 'Unrelated' (future??) SC Stories The Magistrate watched the view panel of his colony on Mar Sara. Damn protocol, he should be down there with the men and women who entrusted their lives to him. And what did they get for it? The new Confederacy was assaulting his base he didn't have time to worry about a contaminated water supply... he watched his own daughter turn to a Zerg before his very eyes.... he had put the bullet in her... now, one more bullet needs to find it's rightful place.... The last thing the Magistrate felt was the cold metal of his pistol against his head. (More to come give me a minute)iMoDoomerX10 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 This is a Zergling and Zealot Thread#4(RP) Arualia 7 Arctic-Caves Khaydarin crystals Wild Zerg You Need-warmth.. I will make no.5 soon, seeing as how I will be away more and more often. Thanks for keeping the roleplaying up! " " That is the menu.Vultureling473 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 So I was going to make a sandvich when... I put my salami and ham on mah bread then when I tried to put mustard on it and some slime came out that turned into marines. I think the slime was changelings... I'm too worried to do anything they might...see me... help please...iMoDoomerX4 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Essay on teleportation, hope u like it! “Beam me up, Scotty” The impossible is that which is considered to be unfeasible or unattainable. We cannot flap our arms and fly, we can’t hold our breath for hours underwater and we cannot see in the dark. Even though these feats are considered impossible to an ordinary human being, through the use of science and technology we human have conquered the skies, journeyed to the watery depths of the ocean and peered into the darkness of the night without the help of light (visible light to be exact). We have seen that as time goes on and technology becomes more and more advanced, science is able to blur the line between the impossible and the possible, turning science fiction into science fact. Dr. Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist and Co-founder of Grand Unified String Field Theory, uses his book “Physics of the Impossible” to demonstrate the underlying physics behind many of the “impossibilities” that today’s scientists toil over so that we may have a better understanding of which are realistically within the reach of our civilization. From force fields to parallel universes and perpetual motion machines, Kaku divides the impossibilities that are throughout his book into three categories: Class I, II and III impossibilities. The first refers to “technologies that are impossible today but that do not violate the known laws of physics” and that might become possible in this century or the next. The second concerns those technologies that “sit at the very edge of our understanding of the physical world” and that might be possible in a thousand to a million years. Lastly, Class III impossibilities apply to technologies that “violate the known laws of physics” and that if possible, “would represent a fundamental shift in our understanding of physics.” Intrigued? I know I was. Such things had always caught my attention but I would dismiss them as just that, interesting queries that are ultimately meaningless because of their improbability. It was ignorant to do so, however. Even though Kaku makes the physics behind the impossibilities easy to understand, Class II and III impossibilities are very abstract and my limited knowledge in theoretical physics prohibits me in properly explaining them. As a result, I have chosen to explain the Class I impossibility that intrigued me the most: teleportation. Teleportation is the capacity to instantly move objects from one place to another. Throughout this semester, we have journeyed through the world of Newtonian physics as objects move because they push and pull on each other. If an object wants to go somewhere, a force has to be exerted in order to move said object to the desired location. Makes sense, right? Well, there’s this thing called Quantum Theory and it doesn’t care much for your common sense. In Quantum Theory, particles like electrons can exhibit wavelike behavior as described by Erwin Schrödinger’s famous wave equation. It may sound weird but electrons can be described as waves of probability which “tell you only the chance of finding a particular electron at any place and any time.” This probability pertaining to electrons is known as the uncertainty principle which states that “you cannot know both the exact velocity and the position of an electron at the same time.” Therefore, in the strange world of the Quantum, it makes perfect sense for an electron to be at more than once place at a time and objects are described as the sum of all their possible states since there is no way to know for sure where its electrons are located. This might seem counter-intuitive since the physical world is full of objects that don’t spontaneously disappear and reappear such as our bodies. The human body however, contains trillions upon trillions of electrons and all the quantum events taking place inside our body even out over time giving it the appearance of being solid. Interestingly, if we were to calculate the probability of our body disappearing and reappearing in the next room, we find that we would have to wait “longer than the lifetime of the universe” to witness such a quantum event. This type of event is impossible under Newtonian physics yet is possible in Quantum theory, albeit the probability for it taking place is unimaginably small. Einstein didn’t like probability and chance being introduced into the heart of physics once saying, “For my part, at least, I am convinced that [God] doesn’t throw dice.” He and two of his colleagues even performed an experiment in an effort to disprove Quantum Theory based on the idea of quantum entanglement. This is the concept that “ particles vibrating in coherence have some kind of deep connection linking them together.” This means that if two electrons are coherent, meaning they are vibrating at the same frequency, then what happens to one will affect the other regardless of the distance between the two since “there is still an invisible Schrödinger wave connecting both of them”. Not surprisingly, Einstein was unable to disprove Quantum Theory through quantum entanglement and ironically, it is this same concept that is the basis for teleportation. Quantum teleportation is weird in the sense that an object doesn’t magically appear from one place to the other, rather its information is the one being “teleported”. To illustrate this, Kaku uses the example of three atoms A, B and C. Suppose we want to transfer the information from atom A to C; also suppose that B and C are coherent. If atom A comes into contact with atom B and becomes coherent, then A’s information is passed to B but since atom B was already entangled with C, then A’s information ultimately ends up in atom C. Strangely enough, if an object were to be teleported, it technically has to die before its information gets transferred to elsewhere creating the exact same object with the same information. It may sound weird but scientists have already been successful in teleporting particles in this manner. One of the most astounding achievements being the entanglement of a light beam with a gas of cesium atoms and teleporting this gas for about a half yard! Teleportation involving entanglement might not be the as “science-fictiony” as one may had hoped but a way to teleport that is truer to the Star Trek tradition has already been discovered and therefore is called “classical teleportation”. It involves the use of a “Bose Einstein Condensate” or a BEC, one of the coldest substances in the universe. Some of the coldest temperatures in nature can be found in outer space ranging around 3 K above absolute zero (this is due to the residual heat from the Big Bang). A BEC however is “a millionth to a billionth of a degree above absolute zero”, a temperature only producible in a laboratory. BECs are important because at so low a temperature, atoms are at such a low state of energy that they vibrate in unison and therefore become coherent. Essentially, a BEC can be seen, as Kaku comically puts it, as “one gigantic super atom” since the wave functions of the atoms imbricate over one another. The first step in this method of teleportation involves shooting a beam of matter at a BEC where both consist of the same type of atom. As the beam comes in contact with the BEC, the beam’s atoms tumble down to the lowest possible energy state releasing energy in the form of light. Curiously enough, this light carries all the quantum information of the original matter beam so if then the light beam comes into contact with another BEC, a new matter beam identical to the original one is created. Quantum teleportation is a technology that is deeply intertwined with that of quantum computers which are a new breed of computers that use the concept of quantum entanglement to make calculations. The reason today’s computers are so advanced is because their progress is based on the shrinkage of their components. Their components however cannot shrink beyond a certain threshold because then the uncertainty principle kicks in. Quantum computers are then the most likely candidates to replace their silicon based brethren in the near future. Besides all of the progress that has been made in this field, we are far away from having a personal quantum computer and teleporting ourselves to the mall. The most daunting obstacle is maintaining coherence between a large number of particles since the tiniest vibration is capable of causing decoherence. Quantum computers would require billions of constantly coherent particles in order to compete with today’s computers let alone how much it would take to teleport macroscopic objects such as a human being. Even though there are technical difficulties regarding teleportation, it is exciting to know that it doesn’t violate the laws of physics in any shape or form. Einstein once said, “If at first an idea does not sound absurd, then there is no hope for it.” Making the absurd possible lies at the very pinnacle of scientific progress and it’s this absurdity which gives our civilization the potential for progress. Teleportation is just the tip of this magnificent iceberg and other even more exciting technologies might be hidden beneath the waves. Rightfully so, our future as a species may lie in the absurdity of such technologies. Reference: Kaku, Michio. Physics of the Impossible. 1st ed. New York, NY: Anchor Books, 2009.JorgitisPR10 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 7, 2011 U.T.F Saga This is a thread I am starting as a basis for my saga of the U.T.F that takes place in the game of Cortex Roleplay. Friends of mine that are part of the Saga, or fellow roleplayers feel free to submit comments, possible ideas, or other feedback =)Bladesedge6 Oct 7, 2011
Oct 6, 2011 Dreams of a strange past Date: 1813, february. Location: Earth, western united states, california. Setting: This planet is currently being categorized by zerg. Whether or not assimilation will occur depends upon the findings of the brood Minotaur: are the inhabitants of this planet worth assimilating, or a threat to the swarm at large? Systematic testing of planetary life forms is being carried out. The protoss species is on approach, in a vessel that was spotted by the brood Griffon fifteen star cycles ago; weapon systems minimal, troop capacity moderate. human with horses and cowboy hats. zerg outriders, systematic murder of species samples noahs-ark style. protoss with ancient technology and tribe-centric mindsets: pre era of strife. go.Hellspork14 Oct 6, 2011
Oct 6, 2011 Thundercrash PRP bar. Welcome, stranger, to the Thundercrash Personal Roleplaying Bar. JoeyRay’s Bar is an excellent place to come to relax, to let the strain of obliterating your opponent in honorable combat drain away. I have been coming to this fine establishment for some time, and though I have enjoyed myself many times, I have noticed something lacking. Drinks! So, being the considerate man that I am, I have taken it upon myself serve this much needed necessity. Patrons may partake from our fine range beverages, some only found here. Thundercrash bar menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers Old No. 8: the good stuff. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra glitter), hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks and 2: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Bi*ch about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers!Thundercrash145 Oct 6, 2011
Oct 6, 2011 Let's see where this goes... Everyone post one word and lets try and write a story... I will start. TheTheBaconator270 Oct 6, 2011
Oct 6, 2011 Short Story: THE HARBINGERS New unit idea! Predating the Khala was an ancient Aiur that gave rise to one dominant species. The Protoss. At the emergence of opposable digits added to their physiology was a coupling of evolutionary epiphanies- psionic manifestation, telekinesis. As their hands grasped and shaped their environment, so too did their minds. The Xel'Naga were little if not artists of a great vision. The early stages within the development of their culture and society, one would witness their ability to utilize either hand or mind in equal stead, granting an incredibly versatile appendage of will power itself. Eons pass. Witness to their own makings there were certain traits, limitations and possibilities apparent. Adjustments made, ambitions met or failed to meet, limitations broken. One example is this; THE HARBINGER. As distances across the great diameter of the planets surface were closed and the First Born took their place as invulnerable against the many'd powerful and often vicious fauna, they did what any other life form has, can and will do. They struggled within themselves. Fighting, killing, learning, and above all adapting and applying what was already known. A mind employing the wills desire directly, as it were; not within vacuum, is an entity that saturates its environment in its intentions. Within such a sphere would beget an incredibly intuitive and often honor-bound breed. At first few warriors began to detect a singular experience when engaged in combat, what was later to be deemed "the Siphon". Ones attention directed towards another was instantaneously interpreted, the more powerful that source of intents emotional valence, the "louder" its broadcast and the more instinctual the interpreters response. Full fledged intent to kill, so base and primal an intention was responded to no less a subconscious recourse. An echo, ricochet, or counter strike would occur regardless the interpreters willful and conscious enactment of decision. Unblinking is the eye that sleeps, any method of opportunity an environment posed would immediately; brutally be utilized cleverly, sadistically, whatever it would take to protect the self. In this way, the Protoss Id became something of a symbiont, taking whatever steps necessary to preserve its host. The first Harbingers were generals, so few in number there was seldom more than a single of these warriors per tribe. Theirs was a presence on the battlefield that embodied justice, theirs was a cunning nothing short a force of nature. The rules of escalation reared its savage head and more often were Harbingers deployed into combat. Generations began emerging that no longer needed any training to utilize this ability, it was now born-in. And the seeds of the First Borns unified destruction was also born. Hate begetting hate, bloodshed bringing more bloodshed, so profound was this path of the warrior, so effective, was there nothing that could survive its mere existence. To strike at another was to be struck back, casualties could witness the element and inaction of a mortal blow upon themselves and in that achieve the same; without morality, without mercy, and more often than not without even the desire to do so. Only in the absolute last moment of their life could any Harbinger gain the perspective to see what this device of their anatomy would bring. So great was their final despair, knowing any resolution to this blight would be impossible. This was the antithesis of cellular mitosis on a macro scale, its outcome absolute. To far into motion was the Xel'Naga's grand experiment to illicit an intervention on their behalf. Watching from a distance they refused to prevent this instance of mass extinction. Yet where they stood idly by, the Universe itself did not. For hundreds, if not thousands of years the ionosphere of Auir was imprinted with the death-knells of all Protoss; affected all the more by those dying Harbingers. As the natural mechanism of any ionosphere exists an electromagnetic "bubble" serving to intercept harmful solar and otherwise universal radiation, so too do certain events within its canopy alter and change its swirling effigy. So pure is the light of a dying soul, so potent, that another weapon seen even today within the Protoss arsenal was born. The Psionic Storm. An early and accordingly barbaric, undirected version, these storms would lode-stone to certain as of yet unknown outcroppings of minerals gestated from within the core of Auir that had settled to the surface. Choosing these "nodes" in which to ground out came a transmutation of elements the likes of which the universe had as of yet seen; another facet of nature that is today also well known- the Khaydarin Crystal. Galvanized by fate in Karmas forge. As the War of Obliteration grew worse, the relevance of these crystal formations had gone unnoticed, though there mere existence did not. More and more were they seen adorning the armor of the warrior race, simple testaments to vanity or declarations of rank. Or of love.Tozier3 Oct 6, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 Is anyone else frustrated about diablo beta I signed up on two different accounts and didn't get an invite on either. My system specs are pretty dang good so I thought i'd be sure to get one. Anybody know how these were selected? Or maybe i'm missing something completely, so I figured i'd post here and find out. Thanks in advance.GospeL3 Oct 5, 2011
Oct 3, 2011 The Ruins Of Aiur The Executor stood on the bridge of his MotherShip, looking at the surface of his once beloved homeworld. How many years have gone by since the Zerg had infected it, terrorized it, assimilated it, well, it would end now. Aiur was beyond infestation. It was now a living breathing strain of the Zerg. He would not abide this any longer. The Zerg were evil incarnite no matter how many truces or leaders they went through. The prelate could not stop him now. The matriarch could not stop him now. The previous Executor whom he killed, could not stop him now. The Zerg would finally know the true wrath of the Protoss. And all he had to do was give the command. "Commander?" "Yes?" "Destroy the planet." The Executor turned so he would not see his once beautiful home completely obliterated. What do you think that was? Post your thoughts in a comment. (I was going to call it a short story but it's more of a paragraph.)iMoDoomerX3 Oct 3, 2011
Oct 3, 2011 Joey Ray's Election (REGULARS ONLY!!) This idea spawned from a politics binge. Also, this is a forum game. Ok, I was thhinking something fun we could do is have a Joey Ray's Election. Pretty much we'll get a number of candidates and in the end those not competing will vote on who has the bragging rights of "Substitute Joey Ray's Owner". Which can or cannot be used to- Impress Friends, Impress GF/BFs, Impress your parents, Impress your other parents, etc. Here's how it will work. If you want to try and be elected just comment and like this thread (or if you like the idea). After the first 10 sign up we need to make sure your known so I will post "Joey Ray's Election Identification (REGULARS ONLY!!)" As a thread. Then we need people to come in and if you know them or have heard of them post a comment saying so and who you want in the Elected 5. *ELECTEES CANNOT DO THIS* You need 5 identifications to enter and the top 5 people with the most votes *in case of tie identifications will be used as votes* will advance to the next round. And will be assigned a number *IMPORTANT* Then each day after that I will post "Joey Ray's Election Debate X-X" You and your opposing side will use this thread to Debate certain things. Debate Rules- No Flaming your opponent and follow the Code Of Conduct which is here for reference Lets keep some of the idiocy of real debates out of it. You can use your status on Joey Ray's/your accomplishments (For Ex. VultureLing could mention his role as head of Zergling and Zealot or RogtarHoly could bring up his text adventure.) You can make comments of your opponents story AS LONG AS they abide the Codes Of Conduct and are polite (No, DUDE THAT ONE THING YOU DID SUCKS A--). No double posting, follow and A,B,A,B format. VOTERS! You cannot comment until both Electees are finished and say they are. You can pose questions to the Electees and perhaps get an answer if they check back on it. The debates will be ordered like this, 1-2 Saturday 3-4 Sunday 5-1 Monday 2-3 Tuesday 4-5 Wednesday 1-3 Thursday 2-4 Friday 5-2 Saturday 1-4 Sunday 5-3 Monday The weekend is coming up and if I don't get a thread posted (due to RL reasons) the FIRST number can make a thread IF the thread is not up by 6:00 Pm Central Time (If you live in other places please try to get your time). If electees have a problem with these dates please say so and I will reorganize it to the best of my abilities. On wednesday (this could change depending on debate rescheduling) we will have our "Joey Ray's ELECTION! (REGULARS ONLY!)" where voters will vote on who they want to win. So GLHF lets make this a fun time :D. And don't worry if this works well we'll do it every 4 weeks so if you fail hard you can try again! (But our old Substitute owner can't do it twice in a row) GLHF!!iMoDoomerX47 Oct 3, 2011
Oct 2, 2011 JR Election LETS SCREW IT UP!! Throwing a complete wrench in the thing whoever can make the dirtiest joke will win you can slander the other side/any crap in actual elections. LETS MAKE THIS THING MORE REALISTIC!iMoDoomerX11 Oct 2, 2011
Oct 1, 2011 JR Election Debates- Ender Vs. IAreLemons! It seems only these two guys are running. In case you missed the original her are the rules. No slandering the opposing side. Use your own work as an example and why you dhould be elected. If you are not Ender or IAreLemons plz do not reply until both sides have made their argument and say they are finished OR the debate reaches page 3. Voters then can pose questions to the candidates to which they will answer. Good LUCK!!iMoDoomerX22 Oct 1, 2011
Oct 1, 2011 Let's play with MAGNETS! Gogogo!RayCharles1 Oct 1, 2011
Oct 1, 2011 this was dead before it even was alive searching... nothing foundplasmaman2 Oct 1, 2011
Sep 30, 2011 The troll problems: AKA How to avoid them In ancient mythology, trolls were said to be harmed by fire, yet, today's trolls start flaming, and flame wars, so, fire won't work. Now, lets get serious. Trolls troll to get a response, to get attention. There are times were i have made a post, and been accused of trolling, this is not the case. To stop a troll, don't reply, let the topic die and fade into nothing... the best way to spot a troll on sc2 forms is: 1) Unit comparison 2) claims of OP units 3) "request sticky"s 4) if you've seen the poster troll before Avoid these topics... don't post, or go "TROLL" (i have a habit of posting that on troll topics, i need to just ignore it...) trolls post to get a response... don't respond... they will go away...CulixCupric27 Sep 30, 2011
Sep 30, 2011 JR Election Identification (REGULARS ONLY!!) Check out the original Thread for more info on this Election. In your comments say who you know (more then one) in this list. Ender Chesty Tassadar Hellspork Netlock Rogtarholy IAreLemons Also say who you want to win (only one) Use the format in the first comment.iMoDoomerX32 Sep 30, 2011
Sep 30, 2011 A fun 3v3 or 4v4 team :DDDD The forst 2 or 3 people to add me we will do funn stuff in 4v4s or 3v3s online such as chesses rushes things that go by quickly :b make people angry :D im 15btw so add SnortCookies or martynas11@yahoo.comSnortCookies3 Sep 30, 2011
Sep 28, 2011 Anyone up for some games tonight? Hey all, just looking for a potential SC2 buddy to play with. I like mp and laddering but sometimes I wish I could have a more casual setting with an opponent where we can talk strat afterward. Anyways hit me up and let me know if you are interested. I am on the West coast and usually play a few nights a week and on the weekends.Notyelf3 Sep 28, 2011
Sep 28, 2011 Support a new gaming community! Like us on FB =) Sep 28, 2011
Sep 26, 2011 My dream about starcraft Last night I had a dream i was walking my colossus on a leash and my dog popped out and it got lazered but then all these zerglings came at me and i was covered in them. Then all of the sudden they were gone and i started riding a stalker like a horse. Then i woke up and got out of bed and started a new game of starcraft.. Share your dreams!Zoolander6 Sep 26, 2011
Sep 25, 2011 INCOMING TRANSMITION ......hello.......anyone..out there i need.... help crashed on zerus.... requesting *you hear a strange creature dieing* need help nowTassadar3 Sep 25, 2011
Sep 24, 2011 Extra-Life charity event Hey everyone I put a team together for this event (you can see my reasons for doing so on my page) Just trying to drum up as much support for this as possible. I'd recommend everyone taking part. This really is a great thing that is happening. All gamers should be involved. go there and check out the event, feel free to join our team, sponsor us, or start your own team and help out the local miracle hospital in your area.BabeSlayer1 Sep 24, 2011
Sep 22, 2011 OPEN rp THE ATTACk ON ZERUS (zerg homeworld) *you here a strange crackling sound*Tassadar6 Sep 22, 2011
Sep 22, 2011 Mystery Rp Sign Up.... *Boogah!* File Purged. Firebat33 Sep 22, 2011
Sep 22, 2011 Test (need to see if I have posting rights). You can ignore this thread, but thanks for checking in.Oug1 Sep 22, 2011
Sep 17, 2011 [No Balance Discussion Zone] Let's just lay back and shield all of us from the flames outside... Let us rest and share happy stories. Anyone have one? Talk about your favorite something!UNKNOWN5 Sep 17, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Hilarious Adventure 3 It is here... Zergy and Da Supa roachy open their starbook at exactly 8:03 am. So does Raynor the Dark Voice, every hybrid, a good 200 changelings, a fun loving sentry and his hallucinations, all patrons of the 'High Templar Bar', zergies ex girlfriend, and justin beiber. They all play farmville until 8:30 which is normally the time they all go to work but today at 8:30 they received a message saying "Be on Xil by 10:00 by the xelnaga temple." They each took a 1 hour bus to xil and a 20 minute hike to the temple. They talked for 10 minutes trying to figure out who had called them here. A ghost sat on a ridge. He had been there for 30 minutes. At 8:00 he got up and sent a message to Zergy and Da Supa Roachy, raynor, dark voice, and everyone else but because of bad interwebs it got to them 30 minutes late. After that he called up mengsk and ordered a nuclear bomb that will arrive in ten minutes. In 20 minutes he will have it armed but he would need to keep everyone here. Everyone saw the ghost, 30 minutes too late... Ok so now that I just killed off all previous characters lets get some newbies. Steve the overlord Manny the Marine and Zeke the zealot. Let the hilarity begin!!iMoDoomerX55 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 *Incoming Transmission* The Open Rp... *Pant Pant* This is Firebat... Raynor's *Pant Raiders assault force... to anyone recievin-- *Banging on door* I have been captured by th-- "Ey 'umie!? You Ain't aloud in 'ere!" *Gunfire* Send help now! Hurry! Please no-- *Static*Firebat41 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Small mistake I made To all MLP bronies out there you'll understand this, otherwise you wont. So I was playing 2v2 with my friend, we were both playing protoss. So later on I realized i forgot to put my twilight council down. So I was like: OMG, CRAP, I FORGOT MY TWILIGHT SPARKLE *facepalm*MaurawDurr4 Sep 16, 2011
Sep 16, 2011 Diary of a Marine This thread will be about a marine who records his military carreer as a dairy for others to read. I would like you, the readers, to vote on a name for this person. Thank you.LiquidDeath71 Sep 16, 2011