Off Topic Dicussion

Jan 25, 2012 Would this be a half decent PC for SC2? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-1TB-PT.SGM02.002/16608489 Key Features and Benefits: AMD Athlon II X4 Quad-Core 645 processor 3.1GHz, 2MB Cache 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB) Give you the ability to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work 1TB SATA hard drive Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more 16x SuperMulti DVD Burner Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Connect to a broadband modem or wired broadband router with wired Ethernet Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Graphics I could upgrade the graphics card if needed, and if you're awesome you can suggest a graphics card less than $220 :) However, if the processor makes up for the crappy video card, tell me, and I'll be happy. :D thanks!Kittens6 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 Saints Row: The Third? So I just wanna know if anyone has SR3 and a computer that doesn't lag while playing. Main reason because there's a glitch on The Belgian Problem on laggy computers where the brute loads normal, but the player who has a laggy comp lags and you die immediately before you can fire a shot. This supposedly doesn't affect the faster player so if anyone has some spare time to help I'd really appreciate it.iDontKnow5 Jan 24, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 Monitor Question Hello I just built a new rig with a GTX 580 ( yes I know the new AMD 7000 series and Nvidia 700 series are coming soon ) and I was looking for a new monitor. I was trying to decide between 24 inch and 27 inch. Also I was trying to decide between LCD and LED and also 120 hz vs. 60 hz. I will be playing SC2, BF3 and Diablo 3 mostly (when its released). any help you can offer me would be great. thank you in advance : )Bigsykedaddy9 Jan 24, 2012
Jan 23, 2012 PSU question! Hello Guys..I need help to decide PSU, I dont know how much power do i need. I'm building a new PC and what i have is the following CPU:Intel I5 2500k MOBO: TBD (to be defined) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5670 (going to upgrade to HD6870) Ram: TBD (but it will go like 8 Gb 1333 MHz) Case: TBD PSU: I have no freaking idea. they are all kind of expensive :O Thanks!ElvisTek8 Jan 23, 2012
Jan 23, 2012 GAMER STUFF!! 1 Belkin N52TE new, boxed 1 SteelSeries 7.1 Syberia USB Soundcard respond if interested, I will ship to youBlock1 Jan 23, 2012
Jan 23, 2012 Nomination for MVP I nominate Hibachi for MVP for all his work in researching computers for people and helping them to get the best. His posts have been most helpful. /signedCptHavoc6 Jan 23, 2012
Jan 23, 2012 SC2 Cast Recording Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a program that I can use to cast replays/live games onto my computer (not streaming) while still having Starboard visible. I am currently using Fraps but it only records what is shown in-game and I cannot seem to find any settings for making it see things on top. Does anyone know of a program that will do this? Thanks! BoguseXaBogusBart2 Jan 23, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Please help fast what is the best graphic card for sc2? all i got is a nvidia geforce 9600 is that anygood?jrog6 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Budget laptop/desktop options? One of my friends is rather short on cash, and would like to purchase a laptop that can run SCII, he is fine with it being on low quality or whatever, so long as it runs at a smooth frame-rate optimally it would be ~300 bucks, though i am unsure as to whether that can happen.StilleNacht11 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 Help needed Hi, My girl friend wants to build a pc to run photoshop 5.1 at the cheapest she can. Im not very experienced and not sure what would be the best bang for her buck. I can put it together tho. Any help will be appreciated. Sinuous4 Jan 22, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 (good) Upcoming 2012 PC shooters Has anyone heard of any good (by that I mean great gameplay and great graphics) shooters that will be coming out to pc's soon in 2012? I've seen a few trailers around like Syndicate and X-com, but X-com looked like it was made 5 years ago. Syndicate looked all right, I'm a fan of sci-fi. I have crysis 2 which is awesome but the multiplayer community isn't exactly super strong. I don't like the Battlefield series so I am looking for something else that looks really good but plays really good too. I have Bad Company 2 and I don't like it all so I haven't tried out Battlefield 3.Cajuntiger2 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Giving my Laptop to my GF need a replacement Looking at: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion_101_W251HPQ_Gaming_Laptop Is it worth the $899 and if not can someone direct me to one that is.Valanis10 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 PSU Advice Currently, I have an Antec Earthwatts 650W and I have been using it for nearly 14 months. Specs on this comp atm: Intel i5 750 8GB RAM Nvidia GTS 250 250GB HDD PSU is overkill by 250W. I know. In a few months time, I will be upgrading to a new comp and I intend to run that for about 3 years. It will have an Intel Ivy Bridge CPU, Nvidia Kepler card, 8GB RAM, motherboard with PCI-e 3.0 support, SSD+HDD combo; it is intended to be a proper mid-range performance rig. The question is - should I buy a new PSU or stick the current one I have? The reason I ask is because I am very much undecided and I am uneasy about potentially having a 4.5 year old PSU powering my next comp.Hypersonic5 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Large graphics card noise Random question. Today I was watching a youtube video of the reference model HD Radeon 7970 and the thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner attacking a jet engine. Are all these high end graphics cards that obnoxiously loud in person, or do most of the videos have the fan at 100%? I don't want to be gaming in my room and have my roommates ask me why I've had the vacuum cleaner going for 3 hours straight!!Cajuntiger3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Budget Graphics Hey all, I am running a decent computer, not really made for gaming, but it was able to run SCII with a friend's graphics card on mid with around 60fps. Of course I had to return the card to him, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a budget card that could get me the same fps on mid? The integrated graphics on my computer gets me 2fps on 800x600 minimum. My budget is $70, but I'm not really asking much(; Also, in the case that you need additional info on my machine, I'll leave it below. AMD Athlon 7550 X2 @ 2.50 GHz 3 gb of ddr2 RAM (1x1gb, 1x2gb) nVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (a potato would have a better display)YourQueers6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 building a PC any advice? So i just priced up some parts on newegg.com . Total came to around $585. Please let me know if theres any part you would switch out for better quality or cheaper price. One retarded question, the case im ordering should be standard and all the components should fit in it correct? Thanks for your input thanks guys! LG DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH24LS70 LightScribe Support Item #: N82E16827136228 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136228 Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066 ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131767 XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561 Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-550 550W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182131 CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345 AMD Phenom II X2 565 Callisto 3.4GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor HDZ565WFGMBOX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103912 Not sure if this is a great processor or not and also is that the best RAM i can buy for that price? Is it good for gaming? Would like to run the game on Ultra/extreme. Thanks again!NeWYoRkLeGnD15 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Looking for a new router Any of you tech savvy people have any suggestions? Up to 4 computers, 1 xbox 360, and 1 ps3 may be in use. 2 computers will be using the wireless, 2 wired. Everything is in one room. Price range: Less than $100 Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks in advance :DRuin1 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Video Card HIS H687FN1GD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Is this card any good? Posting this in a couple of places, trying to build an entry level gaming computer for under 800. Preferably in the 700 range. Someone on the WoW forums that seemed rather knowledgeable recommended it, but I'm just double and triple checking.Valanis6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 A Starcraft II computer my desktop just sh*t the bed on me and i'm looking into buying an upgrade. my budget is $500 but i am willing to spend more if you guys deem it appropriate. this: http://www.ascendtech.us/gateway-dx4200-09-phenom-x4-9100e-quad_i_pcgatdx420009x4.aspx?agent=froogle is my old computer. it is a 1.8ghz quad core. i upgraded the graphics card to a radeon hd 4350 it runs SC2 OK on lowest possible settings. (i also reduced the screen resolution down from it's native settings to help with fps issues) now... i am looking to upgrade to a pc that can run sc2 on medium to high graphic settings with zero lag issues apart from internet lag. these are the options that i am so far considering: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Business+Desktop+A2W63UT+Desktop+Computer+-+AMD+Phenom+II+X4+B97+3.20+GHz+-+Micro+Tower/4691739.p?id=1218508099128&skuId=4691739 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+ThinkCentre+5536W24+Desktop+Computer+-+Intel+Core+i5+i5-650+3.20+GHz+-+Small+Form+Factor+-+Business+Black/4746884.p?id=1218520373156&skuId=4746884 I don't know much at all about computers and what processing units that i should be looking out for or what graphics cards to get etc. nor do i really know where i am supposed to be looking. I just want to play some starcraft where it is enjoyable. i'm starting to enter local tournaments and i really want to be able to compete and just have fun without worrying about my computer being slow. i'm looking into any or all recommendations that you guys may have. building a computer is not out of the question yet... but i'd much rather just buy one so that i don't have to go through the hassle learning what to do so that i do not mess it up... :/ my main questions i have about all this is what kind of graphics or processor do i need to achieve my goals. i want to play at medium settings at 60 frames per second at the very least. anything help at all is greatly appreciated. -Amaram AmaramOPG10 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Processors Intel or AMD for gaming? (Specifically Starcraft II) Thanks for any feedback!StarskY19 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Review plz Processor: Intel core i5-2400 processor RAM: 4GB Ram Graphics: GeForce GTX550 1GB Hard Drive: 500GBsOfaT3 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Recommendation to increase fps? CPU TYPE: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz CPU SPEED: 3.22 GHz SYSTEM MEMORY: 2.49 GB VIDEO CARD MODEL: Familia Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) Thats what I have. I know its crap, but I dont have the money for a fancy new pc, instead, im looking for any upgrades that can be made to at least get a decent fps (I run on 12-20 on low graphics and thats at the start of the game) in a 200 buck range. Thanks!morro13 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Helpie please. :) Looking into upgrading the video card of my laptop. I currently have an ATI 5730. I am in the process of upgrading my computer because I am having a hard time running it on extreme above 20 fps and just overall it is slowing down. I am also planning on upping my ram from 4 to 8 during this same time. I would like to spend less then 150$ and I know little about computer so I am not sure what card would be best for my money. Any help would be appreciated :)Computer9 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Help me with Motherboard i dont know anything (or almost) about motherboard, also wich one are good and wich ain't. i need a motherboard for and i5 2500. PLZ HELP Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! a "h"? i dont know why :DPotatoHunter22 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Mechanical Keyboard questions Okay so I am in the market for a keyboard and I have been looking at the mechanical ones offered. The cost is ~$100 for almost all of them, which is quite a pretty penny for a keyboard. So I ask those of you who have them, Is it worth it upgrading from a regular keyboard to a mechanical one? Here is what I type on now. Work- Dell L100 slimline keyboard http://www.amazon.com/L100-0RH659-SK-8115-Black-Keyboard/dp/B000W0IZKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326211582&sr=8-1 -I enjoy this keyboard very much and its very comfortable for typing. School and gaming-My Sony Vaio's laptop chiclet keyboard. - Super easy to type on, but not the greatest for gaming because no anti ghosting. I'm currently looking at the Meka G1 Thermaltake keyboard with Cherry Blacks. http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Mechanical-Professional-Keyboard-KB-MEG005US/dp/B004HPTHE4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1326211787&sr=1-1 -I know cherry makes Reds, Blues, Blacks, Browns, etc. I really only intend to game on my new computer, so I won't be typing novels on it ,just quick in game chat. Is the Meka G-1 worth the $90? Ok one more question. The Meka G-1 has plugs for the motherboard so that I can plug my headphones directly into it. I have an Asus Xonar DG sound card, with a headphone amp. If I plug the Meka G-1 directly into the xonar dg and then plug my headphones into the Meka G-1, will I have the same result as plugging the headphones directly into the sound card? Thank for for reading and for your time.Cajuntiger6 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 can't choose a new laptop :[ At the moment I have a really horrible laptop and am looking to get a new one that can play SC2 on decent settings. I currently have a dv6-3010us and can play only on low online. I'm looking at the Asus G74SX-DH72 and the Asus G74SX-DH73. Now I don't know a lot about laptops or anything like that but I just want to be able to play online on a high setting without lag. So will the laptops I listed be able to play on a high setting?Krieg2 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 16, 2012 Need a great gaming chair! I'm considering this chair "hardware" (lol) for the purpose of this forum, but anyways, anyone know a great office chair? I'd like to spend about ~$120 on it, but I'd love to spend less, and I can spend more. My only thing I desire is that I have to be able to sit in it for literally 72 Hours straight playing non-stop, and my only complaint would be it's too comfortable. Anyone know anything? pls halp mah!Greasy2 Jan 16, 2012
Jan 15, 2012 MW3 better than Starcraft 2? This is a question I have found myself asking to my brothers and I, and steadily MW3 is being favored more and more. Skill-How can one measure skill? There is no unit of measurement that anyone can use to measure any game. Suppose on person uses a 'cheap' tactic. Wouldn't that person be the smarter one? Isn't he the one that recognizes that he'll do better if he uses a tactic that is more likely to pay off? MW3 has the machine pistol called the FMG9. With akimbo, it is accurate, fast firing, the bullets have high damage, and it has a large magazine size. It is considered, 'cheap' because people have a hard time beating it. This is relevant to starcraft in that tactics people consider, "cheesy", tend to do well. For the machine pistol, it can be said to just wait at long ranges, to outrange the opponent. But it's not that simple. Who just 'waits' besides snipers? Starcraft has a similar story. oh, just scout his pylon and go a 3RRT with a followup 4 XTC's, then proceed to harass his third. umm, who exactly can pull that out of their hat besides pros? MW3 keeps you on the edge of your seat, and requires a large amount of hand eye coordination, as well as a healthy dose of humans. Yes humans. You have to know where people are going to be, what they'll do, and how they'll do it in a matter of seconds. People disown call of duty, making uneducated claims as quickly as they can. Starcraft gives you plenty of time to think. While that's not bad, MW3 is for quick thinkers. You have a double barreled shotgun in your hands with two rounds. A robber is in your window trying to get in. he as a gun as well. What to you do? If it took you a while to reasonably think of a solution (unreasonable being: WELL I'LL JUST SHOOT HIM GYUK GYUK GYUK), then you won't do very well in Call of duty. You say that X gun is too good? why aren't you expecting how it works and what will happen? Why can't you sit and wait for him to jump out, only to be outranged by you? cheesers are guilty too. In starcraft and CoD, they are outraged when the thinkers trick them. CAMPER! or, TERRAN CAN JUST SCAN ME AND FIND MY VOID RAYS (just an example). How can you disown a strategy when it can be expected and prepared for? Campaign-Starcraft has no chance here. Every mission, you could attack move and win. Even on Brutal, the missions barely deviated in objectives. MW3 kept my on my toes. Dive beneath the water, set a bomb on a submarine, infiltrate it, hack the missile systems, escape on a speedboat with rocket launchers. It was thrilling. Getting chased down a street by a tank, taking control of an AC130, then switch to the squad below to shoot down choppers. It was all a blast! Also, the story didn't suck, as it did in SC2. We gotta help dem' agria colonists, or they'll die! Oh wait I'm just gonna shoot you 3 missions later. My mistake, Dr. hanson. The campaign was so cliche and cheesy i could barely stand playing it. In MW3, the plot had twists, it had varied objectives, it was thrilling, and it had a good story. Things made sense in the MW3 story. If you ever get a chance, play it, and you'll know what I mean. Overall point-If you say CoD doesn't take skill, then you're obviously a haughty and biased individual. Starcraft, to the general masses, is a bad game. there, i said it. If you're not a super enthused fan of it, then you're sure to be disappointed. In the lower leagues, cheese runs rampant. The game shouldn't be based on, "You're smart enough to beat that after playing for several months, trying to learn". CoD is based on, "You are fighting another man's wits, think fast". I've played both a lot. More and More I'm finding MW3 a more rewarding game than SC2. Cheesers can be beat not by this special X tactic, but by the person out thinking the other player right then and there. To an avid SC2 player's eyes, I'm absolutely wrong. From bias. If you don't like shooters, fine. But the majority of the world likes CoD not because it was a shooter, but because it rewarded you playing and thinking. you didn't have to dedicate hours at a time to beat something, you could beat it right there. the game never got stale, it's a new experience every time. SC2 (to the average person) becomes stale. I have a friend in bronze league. He played for 4 hours straight. Every time he fought a protoss (21 times that night, he counted) the toss cannon proxy'd him. This game isn't fun for people just starting, it's this little clique of people dedicated their lives to it. Everyone else don't exactly want to give up months. They'd rather play the thrilling, fast paced and linear skill based game, MW3. Call of duty does better because it is kinder to the average person. But it does have pro's, and play the game enough before you immediately judge it. I love Starcraft, and MW3, but I'm an average guy. And when you make a statement such as, "CoD doesn't take skill", you make a broad statement about the whole of the world being skill less. Remind me again, what unit of measurement do you use on skill? TL;DR: get an attention span longer than two seconds.Gracken289 Jan 15, 2012
Jan 15, 2012 32" Comp screen help plz I have a 32" Sony Bravia 3d HDTV, 120 hz. My system specs are: XFX Radeon HD 6970 Phenom x6 1090t Running Picture through HDMI cable. I have it at 1920 x 1080 and the only refresh selection i can obtain on my options are 60 hz, the tv does go to 120. #1 at 1920 x 1080 the screen is larger then the tv and the top sides and bottom are cut off, how can I fit the screen to tv at this resolution? #2 I am experiencing some minor lag where my mouse is slower then when I move it, I have a 2 mice, a Logitech G500 gaming mouse and the Razor Naga Epic. How can I reduce this lag, is it because I can only operate at 60 hz and not 120? ..I have updated drivers and everything should be good on that end. I have run this computer on a 46" Samsung Plasma 720p 600hz, howcome it's not running on a 32 in?SizzlnBizzle1 Jan 15, 2012
Jan 15, 2012 Best 21" gaming monitor on the market what is the best 21" gaming monitor on the market. I am willing to spend 500 dollars tops. the biggest I can go is 21" thanks.Roach11 Jan 15, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 If sc2 was gone... What would be your rts? Would you go back to starcraft1? Warcraft? A new rts? How sad would you be? would you be happy?RainyDays41 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Blizzard Downloader So I think this is the right forum to post thoughts about the Blizzard downloader. Its not really a tech support question just a few curious questions I had. Does anyone know why Blizzard has downloaders with all this funky peer to peer transfer stuff on them? I am not very knowledgeable internet and downloading, but it seems to me that the Blizzard downloader goes much slower than other things that I download. For example, when I download something from Steam, such as Skyrim, it only takes about an hour, and the game is already installed and patched after downloading. -When I download something from Blizzard, the file size is roughly the same of Skyrim or any other game. After it downloads, which takes about 8 hours usually, then it must install itself and then patch itself. -It just seems to me that Steam has a much more efficient way to download and install new games.Cajuntiger1 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 14, 2012 Need a good laptop for around $1000 My old hp is failing me, does anyone have a suggestion for a moderately powerful laptop at around the $1000 price point? I can go ~100 or 200 over if I need to.Migration6 Jan 14, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Warcraft is dead to me Has anyone realized how Blizzard has to drastically gang #%%! the storyline in order to keep both factions equal? Take the blood elves for example. Blizzard clearly stated at blizzcon before burning crusade came out: "well we really wanted to make a beautiful race for the horde so we're going to give them blood elves." I mean so many story elements make no sense in the game, why did the undead join the horde exactly? last I remember sylvanis conquered Lordaeron all on her own, why did she become Thrall's !@#$%? I know why because 1, the undead look evil and 2, the horde needs 4 races, that's all. To me the story went from twists to being completely predictable. Let's face it, when Illidan, Arthas and Deathwing showed up, we all knew they were going to die in the end from a 25-man raid. Where's the suspense?CiniCraft9 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 WC3 Custom Maps & SC1 UMS Nostalgia As much as I enjoy how far SC2 has come along... I can't help but miss the 945776 LotR maps for Starcraft, or the oh so many other fun UMS games, or how when a movie came out someone always managed to make a map about it (even if it was low quality). The WC3 Custom Map scene was largely eclipsed by DotA, but to anyone who remembers strategy maps like Europa, War of the Jewels, Ring Wars, and The Second Age, surly must be jonesin compared to how SC2 strategy maps turned out. Other great maps that I miss their hayday: DBZ Tribute, WW1 (WC3 & SC1), WW2 Global (SC), any diplomacy map really, and the editors were fun but not (too) overwhelming. Anyone else log in recently (if only to sigh at how much more dead it is then last time) to SC and/or WC3 feeling a touch of Nostalgia?Hohenheim1 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 will this run on ultra? I recently did a little bit of an upgrade on my desktop. I'm waiting to play on my new rig cuz my router took a dump and I'm waiting for a new one. Now sc2 recommends I play on extreme but are their recomendations really accurate? Anyway here's basically what I'm running: Intel duo core CPU 2.8 ghz Evga gtx 550 ti 2 gb This should run it easily right? The gpu is right there with the 6770 with tests I've seen on toms hardware. And what I've also read that duo core CPU works well with sc2. Now should I overclock my CPU? If so how much. My gpu is overclocked to 1000 mhz.DeAtHMaN25 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 PC Build Questions I'm in the process of building a new PC and here are the specs of what I'm thinking about buying. -SAPPHIRE HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE Graphics Card -Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K -Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboards GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 -Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9K2/8G That should be the relevant to performance parts. In addition, would I be able to stream 720p with this CPU?Averik9 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 OnGameNet starts League of Legends Tourney source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13438&id=1070119 thoughts? Startale also has a team participating. Source:http://clgaming.net/board/board25-announcements/board26-community-news/5155-league-of-legends-goes-live-on-korean-tv-ongamenet/ DaFuZzMasTeR0 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Building a SC2 dedicated comp for 600ish USD So I have a friend who is in need of a new computer because his computer is extremely out dated...I am amazed it can run windows 7 and it bugs me to loan him my laptop for him to play. Newegg has this Do it yourself deal that goes for about 600ish Intel i5 2400 3.1Ghz quad nvidia gtx 550 ti Corsair 8gb ram DDR3 1600 Seagate 500gb 7200RPM 600 watt psu Asus P8Z68-M Pro I believe this setup is more than enough for high-ultra setting in a 1v1 setting. Just need someone with better knowledge to confirm this or suggest better parts. Hoping to keep it under 700 USD Thanks in advance. ~Edit he has his own copy of wins7/mouse/keyboard and His monitor is an 18inch old school monitor the one that weighs a ton~~~OnLe2 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2012 Building a new computer how will it play sc2? It's gonna be 3.6gig quad core FX-4 AMD Zambezi processor with 8 gigs of DDR3 (1333Mhz) and a Radeon HD 6850 video card. Will this play with good FPS while on high graphics?Firrox37 Jan 13, 2012
Jan 12, 2012 Your opinions on NVIDIA GT430 What the title says. Getting a gaming computer and it comes with it. Processor: AMD Phenom II 6-Core 1055T 2.8GHz RAM: 4GB DDR3 (Upgrading to 8 or 12GB) Hard Drive: 1TB OS: Windows 7 Home PremiumsOfaT10 Jan 12, 2012
Jan 12, 2012 Can Starcraft 2 Run in an intel i7? I would like to know if sc2 can run in intel i7. and want to know what is the highest graphics it can possibly run. I am thinking of buying one.Frostwind44 Jan 12, 2012
Jan 12, 2012 Need advice on Video Card What's the "best" video card in the $500 range? And, what's the newest video card? Galluccio2 Jan 12, 2012
Jan 12, 2012 Hibachi!!!! I choose you!!!! Hello I have been lurking on these forums for a while because I have been interested in building my own computer and noticed a trend that you always seem to give very clear and accurate answers/help. So naturally I would choose you! I am in the market to build a computer as stated nothing incredibly top of the line as my budget is right around 700 dollars but the more it is the longer I will have to save up for it. That being said I do know that I would like a motherboard that with iirc crossfire so that later down the road I can add another graphics card along with an i5. I feel with these two I should be set for at least a few years, everything else I’m starting from scratch except for a copy of windows, key board, and mouse. So I essentially need everything. I really appreciate your help and anyone else who cares to add their input! Thank you! VOIDSxANGEL8 Jan 12, 2012
Jan 12, 2012 World of warcraft vs SC2 Which wins, and why O_OPoppylol26 Jan 12, 2012
Jan 11, 2012 Banshee headset problem I recently got the banshee headset because, well, I love Starcraft and I've been having a ton of problems with it. Basically whenever I talk to people on skype they hear an extremely obnoxious screaming sound and I haven't once been able to talk to people with it one. Also, it sometimes won't even work at all and just plays the sounds through my computer while the headset doesn't do anything and I get a ton of static when it does work a lot of the time. There was a similar thread on the SEA forums and it seemed that a lot of people were having this problem. Anyone know what's going on?MerryFistMas4 Jan 11, 2012
Jan 11, 2012 What is your gaming PC? I Plan to make a new computer soon (not that mine at home is not ok but i need other one for my current location) And i'm thinking about AMD processors becuase they are great and cheaper than Intel. Budget is not high anyways (and i have no access to all new technologies), i go for Radeon Cards because they're great. Now, what your PC have and what you suggest? Most regards ElvisTek14 Jan 11, 2012
Jan 11, 2012 Want to buy a headset, I require assistance. As I have only recently begun skyping so I never felt a need to have a mic until now. I have borrowed one to skype for now. But I'm looking to buy. So if you have a headset can you tell me what you think of it and what you would recommend when buying one? What kind of local stores would carry good headsets? Fairly well known places please. Also I am well aware of the Games, Gaming and Hardware forums and I will be making a post there shortly, this is just to get the attention of the people who don't frequent that forum. Thanks for reading and replying if you do. Links and sites are appreciated.Kelsier5 Jan 11, 2012
Jan 11, 2012 What GPU is required to run sc2 on high? I am currently in the market for a new laptop. I want to be able to play sc2 on high smoothly. I looking at 2GB Discrete GDDR5 Graphics AMD Radeon. Is that a good enough GPU?? I can afford either i5 of i7 but that shouldn't make a huge difference with sc2 right. Do I need to get a NVIDIA NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M or better ??funnyfinn4 Jan 11, 2012
Jan 11, 2012 Building a computer $500-$600? Okay, so im looking to build a computer (my friend is going to help me build it, hes built a few computers on his own). This is really just a placeholder computer as im in my senior year of high school with no real time for a job, so im just planning on spending around 500-600 dollars on this computer. It is just a placeholder until the summer when i can actually get a rob and raise some money. Im not looking to make anything super pro, just something that can run games like WoW/Skyrim/SC2 on at least mid-range graphics. Is this possible? Can any1 help me come up with a specs list? I have absolutely no knowledge on this kind of thing, so i really am just reaching out to the community. I know i am asking for a lot, please refrain from posts that tell me i should get more money before doing this Thanks a bunch guys.Shikipride8 Jan 11, 2012