Off Topic Dicussion

Mar 13, 2015 Grey goo is the Perfect hybrid of Starcraft 2. They've brought the best element from Sc2 and put them into their game and filtered out the bad making a hybrid of their game and Starcraft 2 at the same time. Grey goo looks awesome as hell!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qqBeuMlq9I Like wow! Just watch that video and look at the races. Especially that goo race. Like wow? Who comes up with such awesome crazy stuff like that! Now that is a game I want to play! Fun crazy and every race has something more OP than the last race to counter their OP stuff... I think I'm going to buy Grey goo instead of LotV. Atleast the devs of Grey goo are focused on their game and are ready and are really into the game. The starcraft 2 devs were good at the beginning of WoL then their passion died off.... #dyinggaem... EDIT: OMG THIS LOOKS AWESOME :O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sl1WCZEQfgXenonR20 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 5, 2015 Magicka 2 Anyone hyped??Khas0 Mar 5, 2015
Mar 5, 2015 Warcraft 4 Blizzcon ? What u reckon the chances are ?Audio32 Mar 5, 2015
Mar 3, 2015 Warlords of Draenor Pre-purchase perks(?) I do not have an active WoW sub(yet), so I cannot ask questions on that board. So here I am. Right on the WoW webpage, it says this: "Level 90 Character Boost included with Pre-Purchase" ...which you would think, means exactly, what it says. You get a free 90 so to speak, instantly. Create a character, click the boost button, and BAM, done. There you go - an instant lvl 90(as an example). Here's my question. Let's say,you didn't pre-order, and bought the game later, meaning you passed the point of launch. Logic would state - well then, you don't get a level 90 boost, correct? And you have to level your characters to 90 yourself(assuming you're starting relatively fresh, or have low level characters). My friend is arguing that you get the free lvl 90 boost regardless of whether you pre-ordered or not. The Best Buy link here: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/world-of-warcraft-warlords-of-draenor-pc-mac-english/10207549.aspx?path=6f04e4a2d55d220c1ad4e1561d61806aen02 "Drop into the action at level 90 by boosting your hero, or rolling a new one with armor and gear that's fitted to push back the Iron Horde's invasion" -- According to Best Buy's advertising, merely buying the game grants you the lvl 90 boost. But Blizzard's announcements seem to suggest that in order to get that boost, well, you gotta pre-order. Am I the crazy one here? I need you guys to chime in. Thanks a ton.Voir2 Mar 3, 2015
Mar 3, 2015 Etherium on Steam I think this is going to be a very good game =)CrimsonKing0 Mar 3, 2015
Mar 2, 2015 Mark Kern, Starcraft, Wow and Diablo II's Dev Mark Kern, Diablo II's producer, former World of Warcraft Lead Developer and Starcraft lead producer laid some heavy words against the current state of gaming press He also tries to send a message to other devs Some of his tweets https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572212550106021888 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572203387934150656 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572204948089393152 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572197300124184576 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572194409581834240 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572193705152659456 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572191899538366465 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572190961880719362 https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/572191389821353984 You can get more context by going to his twitter account His time is interesting, as GDC (dev focused convention in San Francisco) starts today. I don't know how valid are his concerns But I just thought it was interesting a big AAA dev like him make such inflammatory claims. What do you think? (Please let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong forum and if so where should I post it instead)Jeronimous0 Mar 2, 2015
Mar 1, 2015 Anyone like Star Control 2 from the 90's? I have this game, and if possible, I'd like to upload it as a document for anyone that wants it. I could also e-mail you the installer for the game, but I'd prefer to just place the document here.Starblazer0 Mar 1, 2015
Feb 27, 2015 Sonic &All Stars Racing Transformed 5760x1080 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eOG_zWpH0sMindCrime0 Feb 27, 2015
Feb 27, 2015 Tomb Raider on 3 monitors! 5760x1080 maxed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTZ2r-Qbi-YMindCrime0 Feb 27, 2015
Feb 27, 2015 Crysis Warhead on 3 monitors 5760x1080 maxed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_YUcfmjDzcMindCrime0 Feb 27, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 FPS/graphics help comparing lowerVShigh endPC So I have an alienwar51, with in inetel core I5 3.10 GHZ With an NVIDIA GTX 745 which claims to have 4GB dedicated graphics I play my pc on my 40 inch HDTV as I don't have a monitor, I have always played this way My girlfirend recently bought starcraft and put it on her laptop, it's running an intel pentium 2.30GHZ and some on-board graphics card. It's almost three years old. What I don't understand is I can run starcraft on high setting and maintain 60 FPS throughout mid to late game with mass armies, no problem. I wanted to see how her laptop ran so I maxed and army out. at the start of the game her laptop was already at 110 FPS, with a maxed out army it did dip down but held steady at 60 FPS. Why is this? is there some option on my computer or in game that has it locked at 60? is it because I'm playing on a t.v VS a monitor? any help I would greatly appreciate. I am just confused because this computer cost me about 800 and a little laptop seems to be out performing it.winters1 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 Which MacBook pro is good enough for sc2 I'll start off by saying, yes I know macs aren't the best for gaming, but I am looking for advice on which is sufficient for any sc2 when I'm not using the Mac for other things. I am looking to buy a 15" MacBook pro mid-2014, the major difference between the two models is that one includes iris pro graphics and the other contains iris pro graphics and an Nvidia 750m. Will the iris pro model be sufficient or is the dedicated better? iirc, Starcraft is a more cpu dependant game, which is why I'm unsure. On the topic of macs, do you think waiting for the likely MacBook pro refresh this year will be worth it? Thanks in advance for any advice!Mugy2 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 22, 2015 Any of you guys play LoL Just played it for the first time last week, was literally some awesome fun with ts3 and friends from other games. I can see why people switched over to it but I can also see why people say its WAY easier than sc2. Simply put that's probably why some people left this gameomniproxy14 Feb 22, 2015
Feb 18, 2015 What Are Some Other Games You're Playing? Just wondering what other games (if there are any) some people might be as of late, outside of starcraft of course. Just recently, I've been trying out these: 1. Resident Evil (original PS1 version): Used to play survival horror games a lot, then that kinda died down and now I'm trying to get back into it through a game I started, but never finished. Lots of fun, though considering its graphics not very scary, and I'm enjoying the hilariously bad voice acting :P 2. Final Fantasy V: Another PS1 game. Never got much into RPGs before and I've heard again and again how good the old final fantasy games are so I'm startin' off with this one. 3. Return To Castle Wolfenstein: I believe it's the first "modern" Wolfenstein game since Wolfenstein 3D. Feels like a blend of the old and new tropes of FPS games. 4. Heretic: Doom-esque FPS. Pretty old, and feels almost exactly like doom in its gameplay style outside of the different enemes and spells you can use in combat. Love the huge levels and if you like the style of doom you'll love this.zerganator28 Feb 18, 2015
Feb 16, 2015 heros of the storm beta help so i have my preferences set that i would like to participate in the beta. last beta I got no invites but my friends all did. Am i missing something that I need to do? Any help would be appreciatedwinters1 Feb 16, 2015
Feb 11, 2015 Gaming has gone down (Long story get popcorn) As you can see by the title it is about games in general. I am going to talk about the last 2 decades of gaming. I'm going to talk about how the games became better and better then suddenly worse and the worst... Okay so let me start in the mid 2000's. This is where I played mostly NFS ( Need for speed ) games ect... I was deep into Need for Speed Underground and Underground 2 and Most wanted. Literally every NFS you can think of I played. I had quite a decent pc back in the day haha. 512 mb of DDR2 ram lol ( That was insane back in 1999 when my dad still built that pc haha ) It had some geforce 4000 or something graphics card. Not sure...all I know is it had...I think...256mb of VR ( Video Ram ) Okay but anyway. Just looking back at gaming of late. Since 2013 games just went down down down down. One of the main problems is online purchases. Online purchases make everything a LOT more convenient when you cannot go buy the game at Game stop or if it is sold out. But anyway. Just read what I have to say and don't take it up the wrong way. Online purchases is the best and most convenient but just read how it has affected gaming for the bad. We just see beta after beta after beta. The game's of late are so unoptimised. Yes I realise we have the choice to buy these games but it is not good for the industry in general. Imagine you had to release a game in beta on a damn disk! Imagine how that would be? Games back before 2010 were still very high quality and were not released with 101 glitches like Bf4 ( Battle Field 4 ) for example. There are other game's like : The Forest. That game is horribly optimised and still a ton more! Imagine the devs had to release the game on disk and distribute a half made game on disk. Do you know how much that'll cost for them? And do you know how much that'll lose due to the their games now not selling anymore! Now a days all you need to do is put the game on steam and no exporting or importing and you're good to go. You can have a half complete game and just tell everyone you going to release patches. It costs you literally nothing because you're not distributing to the public in bulk physical disks. All it is, is some software on some hard drive somewhere that everyone downloads off. Costs you nearly nothing compared to the amount these companies make now a days. I am very old school when it comes to games and gaming in general. I have hated games in general since 2013 just because of how poorly PC games are being optimised of late and how slack the devs can be because everything is so convenient for them now. It's like they release the game and only in 2 years time is the game actually officially released and COMPLETE. Why? Well because online interaction allows this again. As I said. Yes we all still have a choice to buy the game but now almost everyone is doing it so in the end we almost have no choice but to buy half a game and wait 2 years for it to be officially finished and have all the glitches and unoptimised pieces removed then we still have to pay for DLC and they abandon the game after all the DLC has been released. Okay now...DLC. This really has disappointed me. I played quite a lot of Call of Duty 4 back in my past and a ton of Modern Warfare 2 also. Back then DLC didn't matter. That was just a preference if you wanted it or not. ( Talking about Modern Warfare 2 now, not Call of Duty 4 ) If you wanted a DLC well then go ahead. Now a days it is required to buy the DLC to just play the game with some decency at least. They make the game so crappy without a DLC that you are in the end actually forced to buy it. This is another reason I will not play these new Call of Duty's ever again. ( except Call of Duty 4 ) "Next-Gen" Consoles release This was just the dip in PC gaming for me. Since this happened I have been forever traumatised at how games will run on PC. We just look at Advanced Warfare for example for those of you who have played it you know the HORRIBLY optimised on PC. I have and I will never play it again. I have one sick rig. It should be able to run the game twice on a PS4 ( if you put my specs into the PS4 ).But noooo. I can't even run games at max settings anymore. I have 2x the power of a PS4 yet!!! The PS4 has better graphics than my pc WITHOUT LAG. Yes I could easily have better graphics but omg. The game is literally unplayable. Then we see other games like Call of Duty Ghosts which was also a turd in the toilet. Also TERRIBLE optimisation ( Sorry talking about CoD too much here ). Now we look at Battlefield Hard Line. I played the game. Was awesome for the first 1 hour. Now I don't want to play or even watch the game. Have you seen how watered down the graphics are? That is Battlefield 2.5 right there in terms of graphics. Like omg. Battlefield 3 is a god compared to that thing. Do you know why they did that? Well let me tell you. PS4 and Xbox one...that is why. Those things can barely even run BF4. Have you seen how they watered down Bf4's graphics a while after the release of the game? Now we are stuck at a stagnant area in gaming. Everyone is playing on those potatoes ( Sorry for those of you who like the consoles but they really are potatoes compared to the games we have no a days ) and now the devs can't increase the graphics because those consoles can't take it. Also there is not a big enough community of PC gamers so they ignore them and leave us with no optimisation at all because all they want is our money and apparently PC gamers do not make them a ton because there are not nearly as many PC gamers as console gamers. They have ignored PC gaming to the point that they just leave 1 of their random programmers to optimise the game which will take 4 years to do and release 1 update once in a blue moon for PC optimisation. Back in 2000 - 2010 This was NEVER a problem. We never sat with games that had optimisation beyond unplayable and were half finished or were in beta for 20 years or were released terribly. Now we need to set our graphics settings lower than those potatoes because they only optimise it for consoles now because if they don't PC will take over the market. Also I and many other hardcore gamers pay a ton of money to have a decent professional gaming experience on PC yet we get less than a potato. ( Rant finished there, I feel better now ) If I just look back...I see how bad games have become. Games like Brood war...Games like Age of Empires 2...Games like Call of Duty 4...Games like Battlefield 3...Games like Farcry 1...Games like...Crysis 1 and 2. Those games were just perfect back in the day. I have a friend who has started gaming seriously in this gen of games. He is so indoctrinated with these new games that he doesn't know what he missed out on back then. He buys every single DLC and buys the most unoptimised most abandoned game for PC you can get. Yes it is his choice at the end of the day but it is sad to see people who have never known what true gaming use to be. We are now sitting here in an apocalyptic era of PC gaming. Even gaming in general I'd say is in its apocalyptic era. The Golden ages are over. RIP Golden gaming age 1990 - 2010 This new Apocalyptic gaming age will probably last for 2 decades. Blizzard's quality has gone down as many of us are aware. We see the passion is just not there as it use to be. They started off a nerds with an imagination. All the wanted to do it make games games games games games. Now they are this big company and they are starting to lose what they use to be. Everybody I believe usually starts off with good intentions and a good plan and desire. Then somewhere along the line gets corrupt and starts to lose whatever they started slowly but surely and just fades away. We are all witnesses of this in Starcraft 2. We don't see the excitement or passion there use to be. Now it's just a job. Go to your job that use to be your dream! Now it's the last thing on your mind :'( Blizzard is now too formal. They need to go back to good old Blizzard that just loved making games. Good old scrappy styled company that LOVES their games. You don't need to be professional if the players love you! Just be what you're good at. Don't force yourself to make a Starcraft 3 or a Diablo IV or a Warcraft 4. Forcing yourself to make it just because there was a game before it is how companies are thinking now a days. Sit for a few days let your imagination come to light and just come up with crazy ideas from your last game and say "I HAVE AND AWESOME IDEA FOR STARCRAFT 3!!! LET'S MAKE THIS GAME!!" Don't have the "Okay so Starcraft 2 is done. Lets all sit in a room and figure something out and come up with Starcraft 3". No! There we go again. Gaming which is something fun is now turning into a job. Yes you do that if you need to do something serious but doing that in general as a norm is the reason why gaming has degraded. I can guarantee you right now all the best games came about with some guy or kid that had an imagination and sat in his room or w/e and just thought up stuff and started putting it together and something magical came together! Because he/she WANTED TO DO IT! Don't do it because you just can. Do it because you WANT TO DO IT! Do it because you have an awesome idea for a game that you think will work. Do something that makes your imagination go crazy! Do something that YOU love! Do it because you feel like making something awesome! Well...I think I'm going to stop now. I think I have now gotten something that has been deep within me for a veeeerrrry long time now. But anyway that is all my personal views on gaming of late and how the companies have changed. TL;DR get pop corn...scroll to the top...start reading ( with popcorn of course ). If you haven't read the thread by now. Read this again and again until you do ;)XenonR9 Feb 11, 2015
Feb 9, 2015 Homeworld Remastered! http://www.homeworldremastered.com/ http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/game/homeworld-remastered-collection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91EQH6XqLbM Yes. It's real. It's happening. Shooting for February according to the video, though could be longer. I don't know how many of you have played Homeworld, but it was my first RTS and a pretty dang fun one at that. This thing is giving me nostalgia chills, probably rivaling those that many would probably get if Broodwar was remastered. I mostly played the single-player on it, but with my SC2 experience I hope I can get into the new multiplayer scene (which I really hope they include, with official servers, etc). Pretty excited :-D Anyone else planning on getting this game when it comes out?NinjaDuckBob1 Feb 9, 2015
Feb 8, 2015 What should I upgrade? So, I'm not at all knowledgeable when it comes to hardware on a computer. I'm looking to put some money into my current system to let SC2 run more efficient on higher settings but out of what I currently have I'm not sure what would be the best part to upgrade to achieve that. Here's the current parts: Model: HP P7-1234 Processor: AMD A6-3650 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.60 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Graphics Card: GeForce 210 1 gb Out of all of it I'm thinking graphics card? Would be great if I could get some recommendations on what to buy, I'm looking to stay within $50-$150 if it is the graphics card. Would this be enough of an investment to see a large change in SC2 graphics? Thanks,Starscream4 Feb 8, 2015
Feb 7, 2015 Meet my Monster Rig - Updated http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kgscott86/saved/c2pNnQ It's definitely over kill, and I'm looking to add another video card in the future and up the RAM as well. Let me know your thoughts. Edit: Got the rig all set up today the first PSU was DOA. I replaced it with the AX860 instead.Aristarcus2 Feb 7, 2015
Feb 6, 2015 Need a comp that can run sc2 on low settings I have an old computer that was able to run sc2 although barely on low settings. I'm hoping that if I buy a new graphics card and cpu that my computer will be able to run sc2 fluently on low settings. I want to be able to play marine arena without dropping to 0-2 fps every game. It doesn't even have to be able to run on medium settings just low settings but I don't want to have any issues with fps whether I'm playing 4v4's or various arcade games. Or atleast instead of the fps always dropping to 0-5 if the minimum could be 20-30 that would be great. The computer is a HP pavilion a6763w desktop. What can I do to play minimum graphics on sc2? I saw this AMD A6-5400K Trinity Dual-Core 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7540D AD540KOKHJBOX which comes with cpu and graphics card. Maybe something like this? It said the price was 45$ then it said 160 when I clicked on add to shopping card. I found this on newegg.com. So please give me your best advice It doesn't have to be future proof I just want to be able to play sc2 on minimum settings without any fps drop or problems. I have a very low budget 60$ i'll be able to pay at very max. Also I've never messed around with the insides of a computer before so i'll take any advice or tips on that. Thank youHahahah3 Feb 6, 2015
Feb 5, 2015 Saving up for new computer, suggestions? jut wondering what suggestions you guyswould give for a cmputer with 8+ gb of ram for streaming purposes.Thanks!NaTsU0 Feb 5, 2015
Feb 4, 2015 Overwatch: Blizzard can't get over high heels 3 of the 5 female characters in the game wear godf%&$ing high heels. At this point this isn't even about sexism, it's about realism. It's annoying to watch your avatar running around in the worst foot-gear available to the human race, it takes me out of it. What superhero tech-genius headhunter puts on high heels to do insane future parkour with? And it's not even good sexism. It's weird 50s sexism, that insane notion that high heels somehow make legs sexier. Obviously the goal is to make sweaty nerds fawn over the characters and play the game more, a noble goal achievable through other, more logical ways than f&#%ing high heels.Hazzini3 Feb 4, 2015
Feb 4, 2015 I bought grey goo today My only worry now, is not picking the terran of grey goo. I mean I could go pro if I pick the protoss or zerg equivalent. Anyone have any info on the weakest race in this game?Technique4 Feb 4, 2015
Feb 1, 2015 Computer spec confusion, build help So I've been looking around online and I'm very confused. with processors and graphics cards. Some cards say they have 2gb of dedicated graphics, some say 4GB BUT the 2GB one is more expensive. I don't understand this. wouldn't more be better? i have also seen the same with some intel processors. Anyone wiling to give me the basics on building a strong pc that can run any modern game on extreme graphics I would appreciate it so much. I don't want to spend more than what I need for something that I may not know isn't as good as it says or I assume.winters2 Feb 1, 2015
Feb 1, 2015 PC Build for extreme settings Procesor - i7 4770k Ram -- 8 GB Kingstom 1600 Video card - 560 Ti When i play on ultra setings some time it crash and i must restart, dunno why my temps for proc and gpu are somewere around 72-75 celsius. Need some help what i must change to play on extreme?NyceR1 Feb 1, 2015
Jan 27, 2015 Grey Goo Anyone else excited for the new Gray Goo release today? The game looks awesome. Too bad the Graphics specs are ridiculously high. From what I've seen so far: Beta = Terran as they can turtle up hard with their mounted walls. Also Nukes with Hand of Ruk. Humans = Protoss As they can teleport anywhere with vision kinda like a pylon. Alpha is a massive Colossus. Goo = Zerg as they are very mobile and rely on making massive amounts of units and expanding to multiple resource locations quickly. Production is also like Zerg as they produce multiple units at a time from proteans.PeNdRaGoN97 Jan 27, 2015
Jan 26, 2015 Building a $1200 gaming computer need help So my Brother and I's computer is breaking down so we convinced my Dad to get us a new gaming computer for Christmas that we will build our selves, now we don't know THAT much about computer but we know the basics. So if anyone knows a lot about computers, can you share info on how to make the best computer for our budget? Parameters are it needs to be able to edit, play next gen games, and last for 2 - 3 years.Roboroadkill40 Jan 26, 2015
Jan 25, 2015 Anybody getting Grey Goo? I just wondering if it was worth it, I just watched trailer it looks cool. Then saw destiny was streaming it and it looked really confusing. I also see it's $50, I'm just trying to figure out if it's a good buy What I see from the game, there are 3 factions, Humans, "The Beta", and the Grey goo. It's sounds like Humans are like Mech in Sc2, they play defensive, The Grey Goo are like the Zerg in that they overwhelm the enemy and The Beta are like the Protoss, because they are aliens I guess How would you guys compare these factions. And also tell me if you bought it, and if it's worth it to buy it now or wait until later when there is a sale or something. ThanksGeneralSezme15 Jan 25, 2015
Jan 23, 2015 New Classic Style RTS: Grey Goo There is a new RTS game being released tomorrow that I've been following for months and which is of AAA quality. It is called Grey Goo (funny name but see below for an explanation). The game will be released tomorrow on Steam for $50 (see below for discount). It looks similar to Starcraft 2 but has many differences in races, playstyles, and gameplay. It is designed to make you spend less time with tedious micro and more time focusing on smart management of economy, production, and fighting battles. It is also designed to have a lower skill floor (easy to learn and play) but still have a high skill ceiling (hard to master). There is micro and multi-tasking but not as much as SC2. Grey Goo is a funny name but is actually a well-known concept from science fiction that has existed for many years. Here is a description from Wikipedia: "Grey goo (also spelled gray goo) is a hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario involving molecular nanotechnology in which out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves,[1][2] a scenario that has been called ecophagy ("eating the environment").[3] The original idea assumed machines were designed to have this capability, while popularizations have assumed that machines might somehow gain this capability by accident." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo Now for some videos about the game called Grey Goo: Official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiCe_OdMgDs&list=PL6Nzw3JugrgARsy25QG7VtOD-pK0LQ2Et Beta race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-r-4Lf_3LE&list=PL6Nzw3JugrgARsy25QG7VtOD-pK0LQ2Et Human race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMcwMZrpzWY&list=PL6Nzw3JugrgARsy25QG7VtOD-pK0LQ2Et Goo race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1DZjpzZdeIThis video tells you about the design vision that the developers have for Grey Goo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfLHPtpT1Z4&list=PL6Nzw3JugrgARsy25QG7VtOD-pK0LQ2Et Some other useful links: Official website: https://www.greybox.com/greygoo/en/ FAQ: https://www.greybox.com/greygoo/en/forum/topic/19/ Official Starter Guide: https://www.greybox.com/greygoo/en/forum/topic/1224/ Steam Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/290790/Yesterday I purchased Grey Goo for $34 via G2A: https://www.g2a.com/grey-goo-steam-cd-key-preorder-global.html Not sure how many more Steam keys they have or how long this price will remain.Racso0 Jan 23, 2015
Jan 18, 2015 Post your battlestation http://postimg.org/image/nu77lpt8b/ChapSlop0 Jan 18, 2015
Jan 17, 2015 Is this PC build overkill for competitive? Hey guys I'm completely new to Starcraft and building my own PC and I was wondering if you guys thought if this build I made is overkill or not to play Starcraft 2 and run it at competitive settings very smoothly? Id like to also be a streamer on twitch in the future as well (and play Minecraft casually on the side) Build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GjNz99 Also, I was wondering if anyone has had any preference or explanation whether a 24 in monitor is better or worse than a 27inch monitor for SC2? I wanna buy the monitor most often used in tournaments so any advice here would be very helpful! The two monitors ive been looking at are BenQ XL2420z and the BenQ XL2720z If you have any other recommendations or if theres a monitor most used in competition I'd greatly appreciate it!Ginyu0 Jan 17, 2015
Jan 16, 2015 Heroes of the storm beta, help so i have my preferences set that i would like to participate in the beta. last beta I got no invites but my friends all did. Am i missing something that I need to do? Any help would be appreciatedwinters3 Jan 16, 2015
Jan 10, 2015 Gaming mice guide We're putting together a list of the best gaming mice (40+ currently) with pros, cons and specs for each. Would love it if you checked it out and gave some feedback. Here: http://www.slant.co/topics/809thekodols0 Jan 10, 2015
Jan 7, 2015 What do you want to see in Warcraft 4? Aside from updated visuals Story wise I wish they would just say this is an alternate time line or something so that it can have its own story independent of wow Hardware wise I would like to see multi-thread support Gameplay wise 4 campaigns for the base game and expansions(Highly preferred over SC2) Naga Race added Core feature being speed as well as being able to move through water Blood elf race added Core features being spell casters and the ability to make way gates to move units around. Potential Pandarian race added Race changes Custom Games are handled like in warcraft 3 but with better search functionality Race changes: Night Elves Huntresses nerfed slightly Runner unit added Orcs: Blade master wind walk mana cost increase Grunt slight health decrease which is moved into the T3 upgrade Humans: New units to make up for the loss of elvs Undead Dunno, maybe multiple frost wyrms can be woven together and turned into a massive dragon for a short while. Necromancers at T1 with weaker skeletons that are buffed upon T2 research. Just random thoughts that popped into my head. I was actually working on a "warcraft 4" mod for W3 but I lost the map file after a ton of work and gave it up.Streetguru6 Jan 7, 2015
Jan 6, 2015 Razers HEY GUYS !! I got a razer taipan et searcfh for perfect sc2 setting and razer aplication setting to if you use ^^ImmorTal0 Jan 6, 2015
Jan 3, 2015 I need a cool computer case! Greetings fellow gamers! I have a question - I am in the process of building my own rig, and believe I have everything I want to get in order, except a computer tower / case - I want it practical but cool looking if I can, but can't seem to find the one case that really grabs my eye, leading to my question - Do any of you know where I could find a cool looking case online?, I've tried several places but have not found anything I like unfortunately, have you? This rig will be for a lot of games, but mostly for SCII, there now the thread is SCII related. xPScaryScarab13 Jan 3, 2015
Dec 31, 2014 How good is this PC to play Stc2? Motherboard: Asus B85-Plus HDD: 500 Gb Processor: Intel Core i5 4440 3.1 Ghz Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 750 Gygabite OC 2 Gb Edition RAM: 8 Gb All this is supposed to work with a Cooler Master Extreme Power of 525 Watts 1. For decent graphic settings on the game how much can I expect of this build. 2. About the power supply, is it enough to handle the power needed by this PC on almost every situation? Sorry if something in this post is not clear and thank you for your help :)Unreckless3 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Macro keys. Blizzard,lets get this clear. There are Keyboards that are able to program Multiple actions in one stroke. those are macro keys. Like instead of pressing (ur designated key for barracks) and M M M M, All you would need to do is press Macro key 1 several times. 1 1 1 - three marines produced 1 1 1 ( marines ) 2 2 2 (tanks) 3 3 (medivacs) 4 4 4 4 (scvs) You just made a complete volley of units. These are macro keys Illegal or not? Some people says yes some not. I wanna need to know before I buy a new Keyboard. If yes, please explain why do Blizzard supports macro keyboards?fish15 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 30, 2014 Gaming apparel I am looking to buy some gaming apparel for the holidays. ( T-Shirts, hoodies and hats and such. ) Can anyone recommend me some good sites? The Blizzard Beta store is pretty weak.Aversion1 Dec 30, 2014
Dec 29, 2014 So I've been playing Civ 5: Beyond Earth Great game. Really, really fun. I've never played a civ game before and it wow'ed me. Plus one of the late game tank units is called a Dragoon haha. So I go search up the game's forums. Lo and behold, first page is full of "This game sucks" "Civ 5 was better Beyond Earth is just a space mod not a new game" "AI sucks" "Win conditions too linear" So yeah sometimes the hardcore community can be a bit overbearing, whether it's civ or starcraft or whatever.MrTastyTots42 Dec 29, 2014
Dec 28, 2014 giveaway There is a free Steam gift card giveaway at http://getsteamgifts.com/ Go there now as the giveaway is limited!Mumbles0 Dec 28, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Raynor reminds me of Ride to Hell. I don't want to see his face EVER again.CptTori0 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 25, 2014 Battlezone 1998 It's a RTS and FPS hybrid strategy game. The Programmer came back to the game and solve many bug issues and a lot of AI issues that was watering down the game. The game is still alive and well and gamers are still playing it to this day. Come check it out if you wish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr2_gH5ixQg http://battlezone1.com/ Starcraft 2 is good, but it will never be as great as Battlezone.DerCrysis0 Dec 25, 2014
Dec 21, 2014 Graphics Card for playing SC 2 on "Extreme" ? Guys, So right now I have 2 X AMD HD 5870's in Crossfire; I've had these cards for about 4 years now, when they had just popped up on the market. I just got StarCraft 2 (Wings of Liberty & Heart of the Swarm). I'm able to play on "Ultra" settings, but there is definitely some lag, especially while scrolling and if I have too many units on screen. On "Extreme", which is one step above "Ultra", I cannot play at all! Freezes within 30 seconds. So, it's time to upgrade the Graphics Card. Pretty soon I'll be putting together a new machine altogether based on the Haswell CPU, and I was wondering, what kind of Graphics card do I need that will run StarCraft 2 on "Extreme" without any lag, even during scrolling & with many units on the screen. I'm not asking for the most expensive, most high-end ones that will do the job, I'm asking for minimum that I absolutely must have to play on "Extreme" without any lag. I'm open to both AMD & nVidia, I have no preference either way -- just want the better card at a reasonable cost that'll do the job. Crossfire/SLI are both OK. Thanks!!Damian9 Dec 21, 2014
Dec 17, 2014 CnCNet- New Online Support for Yuri's Revenge From Tiberian Dawn to Tiberian Sun (the games that pioneered the RTS genre), the talented group behind CnCNet has not only kept our beloved classic Command and Conquer games alive online, but have also added (and continue to add) new features such as large screen resolutions, selectable spawn locations, spectator mode, a long list of bug fixes, compatibility with today's operating systems such as Windows 8 and much more. With their continued success, the CnCNet team (particularly Iran), have decided to not only offer online support for, but also add new features to yet another Command and Conquer classic... Yuri's Revenge. In a recent post at the CnCNet Forums, Iran has asked for suggestions and feedback. Let them know your thoughts, ask questions, tell them what you want: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3328.0Fireworks0 Dec 17, 2014
Dec 14, 2014 SXSW Gaming - Join Us! Want to join the fastest growing gaming event in the country? Now you can by being a part of our steam group at: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sxswgaming Hope to see you there!TAD0 Dec 14, 2014
Dec 12, 2014 @ Blizzard, sick game concept idea! I urge Blizzard to check this game out! It's early alpha and the ideas here are insanely awesome. It screams "Please make a Starcraft game like this game!" The issue with small developers is that they don't have money. http://www.colonies-online.com/ Play it until you have an overall feel for the design of the game. -Massive planets - Ability to build outposts anywhere. Which can have defense turrets and mining facilities. -Open world PvP... Players can destroy other players bases or kill other players. -Bug Lairs litter the world. As you go to higher planets, the challenge and rewards scale up. -Players can work together in a squad to build massive bases with mining facilities while being invaded by other players and bugs. -Sandbox style of gameplay. You go out and do what you want. Loot stuff from various things and come back to town and utilize the materials for various uses. IE. Crafting, money, equipment, transportation, ect... I think what the gaming world is missing is a strong sandbox game with unique concepts. If anyone can pull it off, it's Blizzard. With such strong lore, I think a sandbox universe with a design similar to colonies online would be sick in a Starcraft Universe.Raserei0 Dec 12, 2014
Dec 11, 2014 Anyone play Prismata? (like a turn-based SC) Hey everyone! Lately a game called Prismata has been taking up a ton of my time. It's a turn-based econ-management and strategy game where players gradually build up economies with tech and armies. The goal of the game is to defeat your opponent. It's kind of like a turn-based starcraft, or build-order competition except there's no opening memorization at all. Every game is a mirror match-up with constantly rotating units. I've never seen the same unit pool twice! More info: How to play vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D3unjDwV8I Website: http://prismata.net If anyone wants to add me and play against me, my username on there is "Phienn".Eden0 Dec 11, 2014
Dec 11, 2014 Full Tower with pull out motherboard Tray Greetings, Looking for a full tower with pull out motherboard tray. Any suggestions? I have been searching for days and most results are from years ago. Many thanks in advance.MatthewPond2 Dec 11, 2014
Dec 11, 2014 planing to upgrading on Razer Id like to know what was your recommendation about the Razer black widow Ultimate mechanical keyboard. Does any one tried this keyboard for this game? What was your personal review about the keyboard I personally currently using Razer marauder for SC2 but was wondering what would be benefiting from upgrading?JDR0 Dec 11, 2014