Off Topic Dicussion

Sep 2, 2014 Should My Computer Be Able To Run Starcraft 2 Hi. I like to play Starcraft 2 with my friend. We usually play 4v4 matchmaking. I usually start lagging a few minutes after the game starts. (And it gets worse throughout the game.) I play on the lowest possible settings too. Is my computer not going to be able to run it or is there something I can do to make it run better. I've heard some people say that they have i3s and Starcraft runs fine on there machine. Thanks for any help. My PC Specs Are: Operating System: Windows 8.1 CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz GPU: Intel HD Graphics Family 4200 RAM: 6GBCRAWDADDY5 Sep 2, 2014
Aug 31, 2014 Graphics card and processor for Starcraft 2 Hi I'm getting a new laptop and I'm a casual player of Starcraft 2, my current laptop isnt exactly made for gaming, I think the max it can run is the lowest setting in the game. Im currently looking at a couple of laptops and Ive read quite a few threads on processors and graphics cards but they're pretty hard to get my head around (being a girl whos usually not that interested in technology haha) These are the laptops Ive narrowed down to Laptop 1 Processor- Intel core i7 4500U (Cache memory size 4mb, speed 1.8-3GHz) Graphics card- intel HD 4000 Capacity- 750GB Laptop 2 Intel Core i5-4200U (speed 1.6GHz) nVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB with Optimus + Intel HD 4600 Graphics 750GB with Toshiba HDD accelerator Laptop 3 Intel core i7 4500U (Cache memory size 4mb, speed 1.8-3GHz) AMD Radeon R7 M260 2GB 750GB The screen resolutions for all of them are 1366 x 768, processors are all dual cores (I've read that dual cores are better than quads for SC2?) Which one would you recommend for some casual game-playing, on a fairly high gameplay setting? (Doesnt need to be extreme) Does a laptop need a proper graphics card like nvidia or AMD radeon, or do standard graphics like Intel HD4000 still work with the game? Thanks in advance!Nieve0 Aug 31, 2014
Aug 30, 2014 $150 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!!! Sup everyone? I'm looking forward to having some fun this weekend! I will be streaming Diablo III: Reaper of Souls this Saturday August 30 on Twitch.TV. When I reach 1000 viewers I will give away a $150 Amazon Gift Card! for a chance to win all you have to do is watch the stream and follow me on Twitter. I will pick a winner from my twitter followers who are watching the stream, Hope to see you there! The stream will be from 3pm-6pm PT Twitch.TV/EliminatorXtreme Twitter @ElminatorXtremeVyzan0 Aug 30, 2014
Aug 30, 2014 Minecraft Pokemon Welcome to Lemuria, where Pokemon and Minecraft comes together! Have a chance to test your skills at gym battles. Not just your every day easy gyms neither. Don’t expect to win against the first gym with poor IV and base stats Pokemon. We are hitting you hard as a wake up call to expect what you got in store for you! We also have a EV training area and a LvlUp area for you to use and take full advantage of, just because you will be needed it. You think gyms and other trainers are push over, they took advantage of the EV training, and got the best attacks just to use on your so called good Pokemon. If you can beat all 8 gyms, you will have the chance to take on the E4. If the gyms were not a challenge, these players will be, and some are Gym leaders as well being part of E4. And if your lucky enough, and mostly luck, you can join the ranks of the E4 by being a Champion and knocking one of the E4 members off the line up! But we are not done yet! How about test your skills at Battle Frontier, where you have to go by strict rules, just to win your matches! We got the brains ready to eat your Charizard for breakfast! See if you can find your way in the Pyramid, or maybe you can try to over come the Arena? We love fresh meat at the Battle Frontier! But even being a Pokemon mod for Minecraft, we are still down to our roots. Instead battling all the time, you can also build, our server is a Survival mod where you can explore and do as you please. Want to start a tree farm, go right ahead! Mine up all the Diamonds, go right ahead (your well known mods are not allowed, including X Ray mod and Poke Radar mod). And don’t forgot, we also have mini games to play if you even find time to get away from all the above. We got some fun games for members to play with, Block Hunt and Hunger Games just to name a few! We also have a Safari Hunt and Drop Parties once a week! And Tourneys almost every week! Come explore what we have to offer, I promise, you will not be disappointed! Lemuria-Pixelmon Server address: lemuria-pixelmon.serveminecraft.net Home Page: http://mc-lemuria.enjin.com/ Download mod: http://pixelmonmod.com/Cototheburn0 Aug 30, 2014
Aug 25, 2014 Easy way to make $10 Online Just simply go to HappyMinerCoupon.Com and give it a try.zKozy0 Aug 25, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 Quick video card question Will a GTX650 be able to smoothly run Starcraft 2 on ultra settings in 1v1/Campaign?PsionicSaint1 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 23, 2014 $150 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!! Sup everyone? I'm looking forward to having some fun this weekend! I will be streaming Titanfall this Saturday August 23 on Twitch.TV. When I reach 1000 viewers I will give away a $150 Amazon Gift Card! for a chance to win all you have to do is watch the stream and follow me on Twitter. I will pick a winner from my twitter followers who are watching the stream, Hope to see you there! The stream will be from 3pm-6pm Pacific Time Twitch.TV/EliminatorXtreme Twitter @ElminatorXtremeVyzan0 Aug 23, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 SC2 Arcade exposed me to new awkward feelings I'm a hobbyist programmer & crappy artist (admittedly) who for years kept a personal view about developers. I never made ambitious projects, and of course never shared them outside my family either, but that is of course until StarCraft II arrived. After Heart of the Swarm, it became especially appealing to me to for once give a try and go at creating something more serious that would be released to the general public. Last January, 2013, I started a project I had quite high hopes for that slowly became less motivating and more frustrating since I was the sole-creator creating an arcade game that had heavy use of scripts & custom assets. I was also in college at the time, making progress very slow and difficult to steadily maintain. I did try asking for feedback, advice, even assistance that could help leverage some of the workload; I had no problem bringing someone or two into it if it meant completion since it sounded more ideal. Alas, two posts went completely unnoticed so I cringed and continued it anyway. I eventually shelved it, my grades were slipping and needed a break from it since I assumed no response means lack of any real interest in it. I recently re-installed SC2 and saw the front page mentioning "Rock the Cabinet" and decided to check it out where I beheld an arcade game that is clearly identical if not outright lifted off from me since it includes features I explicitly was putting effort into and were part of my old posts; though coincidence can happen. It was burning to see existing since the main reason I was even returning was to give another chance, and already what futile effort I previously made was now completely irrelevant and pointless to even continue. I fought myself over, thinking I should be "grateful" at the same time I felt quite discarded by the event. I cringed and told myself "well, there is nothing I can do about it now" and congratulated them on the hit. I had all the groundwork finished, and was working on building all the actual gameplay and it totally bites. In hindsight it was going to exist either way, people were going to play it apparently, but I do not exist there. Questioning my viewpoint on how a developer "should be" was literally the first thing I did, because suddenly I knew a lot more clearly why many of them are closed-off from everyone about their work and why they become so hell-bent when someone was able to sweep it from under their unprepared feet. Titled "Recreating a favorite Nintendo classic", since I was not sure of legalities on map names. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7801130629 That is one of my old posts, I had to search hard for it with google since Blizzard's own "search" did not find either of them. It dates "1/30/2013", which is now over a year ago after the Art Tools were "finished" which is where the "crappy artist" joke comes in since I discovered going from paper to 3D is rough. This post was about libraries & other goodies that were new to me, but it does explain what the 'game' was: ... In case some are not familiar with the concept, it is Nintendo's "Mario Party" franchise. Is it wrong for me to feel quite "burned" about this? I wish I could finish my project, but I know it'll just be considered a "rip-off" of their existing arcade now.WileE0 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Twitch plays Tetris? Someone's at it again with a "Twitch Plays..." channel. http://www.twitch.tv/tetrisplaystwitch I'm looking forward to seeing a sizable group in there and the chaos that follows. Twitch's delay, plus the anti-spam in chat, makes for a challenging game. I've only seen one line cleared. At least it's a step up from "fish plays pokemon" lolRekaru0 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 World of Warcraft Card!? Ok, I got starter edition of WoW just to try it out. And I loved it. So I'm going to buy the full version(and probably expansions), but what's with the price on physical pre-paid cards? On the Blizzard store, six months of game time is 12.99(or so)! But the physical sixty DAY cards are 29.99!? What's with that? Are there any better prices out there?Nighthawk1 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 17, 2014 Affordable laptop to play SC2 on? About to head into the dorms soon and was planning on joining my school's CSL, and would much rather bring a laptop to the dorm because I rather keep my desktop at home. Currently my budget is around ~1000, with anything cheaper being preferred. Any suggestions? I'd also like it to be functional for school also as it would be also the laptop I'd do all my work on.subiWReX9 Aug 17, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 Can't get dual monitors working Hello all, I'm trying to setup a dual monitor display for my computer. My graphics card is a GTX 670. I have one plugged into the Dvi-I slot. My 2nd monitor is an older one that uses VGA. Problem is I bought a VGA to Displayport adapter and I don't get a picture. ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158398&cm_re=vga_to_displayport-_-15-158-398-_-Product ) The 2nd monitors model is Dell E193FP Here's the back of my graphics card. http://assets.hardwarezone.com/img/2...asus-ports.jpg As you can see I have a DVI-I port (which is where my current main monitor is), and a DVI-D port. An HDMI port (which goes to my TV), and a Displayport. Can anyone help? If you need more information let me know please!Help0 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 13, 2014 FNG - A Stream to Learn Competitive Games Hey guys, I'm BlueD from Friday Night Gaming - A Stream to Learn Competitive Games. Today, this Friday, and next Friday, me and my Co-Host and friend of over 10 years (JoKeRRR) will be streaming Heroes and Generals! Our goal in streaming is to improve our skill and the skill of our viewers in whatever game we play. We'll usually choose a topic to focus on but this is our first time playing so we're just getting a feel for the game today. Other games we play include Starcraft II, CS:GO, DotA2, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, TF2 among others. If this seems like something your interested in then be sure to stop by today at 2pm! I'll include a link below to the stream page where you can find all our details and our YouTube page where you can find all our older content to see what we're about. We'll be playing Starcraft II tomorrow at 2pm PST as well so be sure to stop by then! Thanks guys! Twitch = http://www.twitch.tv/fridaynightgamers YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDM8pSSvQnTv4vfyK1OZs7ABlueD0 Aug 13, 2014
Aug 13, 2014 IdrA rage continues into heros of the storm I just checked out IdrA's stream while he was playing heros of the storm. After about a few seconds I see in the text chat "IdrA: jesus christ you are bad" then "IdrA: stop talking" and "IdrA: just follow us around and hit your buttons". "IdrA: shut the !@#$ up and take your loss then" "Idra: you are an imbecil" I guess people don't change.ViRuS5 Aug 13, 2014
Aug 9, 2014 Good PC Build? I'm going to be building a new desktop sometime in the next year, and was wondering what you guys thought of this for the cost. Processor: http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Athlon-Processor-AD760KWOHLBOX-Richland/dp/B00D7BYMB2/ Motherboard: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-A78M-E35-Bolton-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B00HGLX8J6/ Graphics: http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11222-06-20G/dp/B00HJOKCZI/ Hard Drive: http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Cache-Desktop-WD1003FZEX/dp/B00FJRS6FU/ Power: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Builder-Watt-EPS%C2%A0-CX430/dp/B0092ML1SC/ Case: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Series-SPEC-02-CC-9011051-WW/dp/B00I0MKMG2#productDetails Those are the required parts, and of course ill add a wi-fi adapter and an optical drive and some extra fans, but this hardware is what i'm seriously considering.Nighthawk1 Aug 9, 2014
Aug 7, 2014 Hello, I would like to suggest to Blizzard. The article may not understand, because this is a Google translator. I have enjoyed the wing to freedom, the heart of the Legion But few people in Korea server. So I suggest you ask So people can enjoy a free Starcraft 2 Ladder Match Because Starcraft 2 is funny, but a high degree of difficulty But when you start the match I see the gold and diamonds, but I am Silver. People skills like me < Difficult to meet so I want people can enjoy a free Starcraft 2 Ladder Match And buyers can enjoy more benefits Starcraft 2 For example, the More units skins, more levels and more portrait and Starcraft 2 non-buyers It enables you to join the group, please. Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and Hearth Stone is The really funny. And I'll change the nickname. sorry.FFUUCCKKYOU0 Aug 7, 2014
Aug 6, 2014 Which options affect what? Hello! I have a lower-end computer, and I can medium at a medium-high framerate. I have noticed that if I put it on low, some visual effects are changed, such as the power field of a pylon. On low, they look different than medium. I was wondering what options changed this, so that way I could get around 120 fps (capped at monitor refresh rate) at low, while still having different effects. Thanks! :DImposter0 Aug 6, 2014
Aug 1, 2014 Spare PSU. In need of a cheap and functioning PSU to play the greatest game on the market. It needs to be a least 600 watts and have a combined amp output of 34 on both 12v rails. I am broke, so I'm hoping someone who has something lying around collecting dust wouldn't mind parting ways with it for a few bucks, thanks.Clout1 Aug 1, 2014
Jul 30, 2014 Pathologic: THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE Recently I have discovered a true gem of human creation. I am but it's messenger, and I have come to spread the news of this obscure title, so that more can find true contentment in it's magnificence! Pathologic is an old game, where you choose between 3 characters, each with their own background and perspective on the events to come. Either way you find yourself in a truly strange town, barren, and filled with a history of superstition. A strange series of deaths have began amongst the key figureheads of this town, and a struggle for power is developing. You must unravel the mystery of what's happening and eventually you'll have to fight a truly unbeatable foe. The game features a complex system where you must manage your hunger, health, immunity, and exhaustion. Like any other man you must sleep, eat, or face dire consequences. You can find supplies in shops, but some will sell at a greater price than other places, don't be played a fool! There's a combat mechanic, but killing people can harm your reputation. You walk across the various streets and districts in real time, where night and day naturally occur, and talk to figure heads, and the major families of the town to help them and uncover the truth. This game brings a sickly mixture of horror and rpg elements. A gripping tale and atmosphere, and music that would make ones skin crawl! Here's a trailer for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XLq_5rOeowzerganator1 Jul 30, 2014
Jul 27, 2014 Starcraft II Guide? Hi, I'm looking for a good Starcraft II guide and this one looks REALLY informative: http://www.battlenet.elementfx.com/sc2/en/forum/topic/3282348238.php Are there any others like that? Tried using search but couldn't find any similarVince0 Jul 27, 2014
Jul 26, 2014 Giving away two $50 Amazon Gift Cards!! $50 Amazon Gift Cards Giveaway!!!! Greetings! I'm an up and coming video game streamer. In honor of the Destiny Beta I will be playing Destiny this Saturday and will be giving away two 50 dollar amazon gift cards! All you have to do to be entered to win is watch my Twitch.TV Channel and follow me on twitter Twitch.TV/EliminatorXtreme @ELMINATORXTREME Saturday July 26 3pm to 6pm PST Hope to see you there!Vyzan0 Jul 26, 2014
Jul 25, 2014 Good gaming laptop? I have just got Starcraft 2 installed, and my computer run it ok... on lowest settings. I'm trying to decide which computer to buy this year, and I would like it to be able to be a laptop that can crank out high graphics and still run games smoothly. Game examples: Team Fortress 2. Planetside 2, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, DayZ, etc. Anyways, my mom recently bought a Lenovo, and I really like the way the computer itself is designed and built, plus from what I've seen, Lenovo has good prices for the hardware in them. This is one that I have picked out and I wanted to know if anyone knew of a better deal for the same hardware. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/ I'll probably get the cheapest model if I buy it.Nighthawk6 Jul 25, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 NVidia Shadowplay? I'm curious if anyone has tried this with SC2 yet, because I simply can't get it to work. It'll record Saints Row 3 and 4 just fine, but not SC2, so it's not a hardware problem. GTX 660 2GB, Intel i5 3350P 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM. Playing on a 1600x900 monitor because I have nothing that displays in 1920x1080. I know this probably doesn't belong here, but, as I said before, I'm curious if anyone else has tried it.Pokekid17 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 22, 2014 MMOs? I'm looking for MMORPGs out there. I've been wanting to get into one...for whatever reason, just feel like it. However, I'm not going to accept any MMO out there, I want some that fit these conditions. Keep in mind that I have little experience with MMORPGs, so I'll want one that's not too complicated: - Cannot be F2P (All F2Ps are Pay to Wins, I know that from experience, but if there actually is a free one out there that isn't Pay to Win, then please let me know) - Cannot require massive amounts of dedication (I'm generally a somewhat busy person, I want a MMO that doesn't require hours of play time on a daily basis to be good at) - Monthly subscriptions are OK (Must be cheap however, $5.00 per month at max) Again, I have little experience in MMOs, so I don't know completely what they're like, so feel free to go into detail on whatever MMO you recommend.SlowMinded0 Jul 22, 2014
Jul 22, 2014 Dungeon Fighter Online A game developed by Neople. It was brought here by Nexon (terrible terrible company) and it honestly didn't last a long time. It's still a huge hit in Korea. Lo and behold Neople decided to revive it for us peoples that don't feel like going through the trouble of creating a foreign account. DFO (dungeon fighter online) is a MMO 2d-ish side scrolling beat em up kinda of game. It's got a very large variety of skills along with classes that have a unique feel to them. Anyways Neople is working on translating and stuff so it'll be a little while, but I'm here to ask for the help of the community in getting me in the top 5 likes for a contest. The top 5 winners will get an OST soundtrack of the game. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=527282020732581&set=a.527281997399250.1073741834.477239829070134&type=3&theater There's the link to the caption . Like it. Share it or whatever. If you have some interest for the game you can check out videos or stop by a community forums dealing with it like Dfocore.com Thanks for your time! cheersDowie0 Jul 22, 2014
Jul 18, 2014 PS4 Destiny Stream! Hey guys, got my PS4 just in time for the Destiny Beta! I'm giving streaming a go and would love it if you checked out my channel. I plan on playing all day and night today so if you're bored at work, can't play the beta or otherwise jonesin' for Destiny, I will help you get your fix! http://www.twitch.tv/nauticalphoenixPhoenix0 Jul 18, 2014
Jul 16, 2014 will this play sc and wow CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive) MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V2) MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z87-Pro ATX w/ Wi-Fi GO!, Ai Charger+, Intel GbLAN, 3 PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 4 PCIe x1 [+148] SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+59] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIAivasty2 Jul 16, 2014
Jul 15, 2014 Why I Quit WoW. The state of the game This time last year, I was approaching Mists of Pandaria with an air of reluctance. I really didn't enjoy Cataclysm especially when it came to the end with the 3.3 Dragon Soul raid. Everything Blizzard was doing with Mists seemed really good on paper.... until I got to actually purchase and play Mists. I quit the game about four months ago to play RIFT. Now, that game is turning free to play and WoW has unsurprisingly lost around 1.7 million subscribers, its biggest hit since ballooning to 12 million at the start of Wrath. There are a metric ton of things I now hate about WoW and would return to if they were fixed: 1) The lack of nostalgia: I started playing WoW by late 2005 and TBC was launched by the time I was around level 25. I would never get to experience any of the raids in Vanilla as they were intended, thanks to the balance changes of subsequent expansions and the lack of people remaining at level 60 trivialising game content. I would never get to fight C'thun, Ragnaros or Nefarian. TBC was my favourite expansion because I still had real life friends playing the game and Outland and the gameplay of each class frankly felt like a blast. Unfortunately the community and my misfortune of sinking all my time into a class that was not only overplayed but could only play in DPS roles ruined my PvE and PvP experiences of the expansion. By 3.0.3, the only raid I had cleared was Karazhan, and that was after a rarely generous group of raiders decided to pug the raid and invite me when I asked. Needless to say they steamrolled the raid within about an hour. It didn't feel the same. Coming into Cataclysm, I then felt nostalgic about all the TBC and Wrath content I never got to clear. I yearned for the ability to once again enter Ulduar-10 with a group of (this time) competent raiders and start clearing Hard Mode bosses, take down the four Keepers and finally get to experience first-hand the majesty of General Vezax and Yogg Saron. This time with no guild bureaucracy, backstabbing, bullying or incompetence getting in the way (I will elaborate on this in a later point.) Meanwhile on the WoW forums any thread pleading for realms of previous expansion content (something existing in EverQuest and Dark Age of Camelot) is locked usually without a Blue response, but when they do they give the usual press statement about there being no plans and them wanting to move the game forward. Meanwhile we see Blizzard lazily rehash content in the form of Naxxramas and Onyxia for Wrath; Zul'Gurub, Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep and Zul'Aman in Cataclysm; and Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance in Mists, repackage it as new, and usually destroy the old versions (especially in the case of old raids, which are now inaccessible in their original format.) Even one of Mists' much touted features, Challenge Mode, could have been adapted towards old raids to bring them back. Imagine having your item level locked to 70 and your character level locked to 60 as you clear a retuned 10/25 man version of Molten Core! Imagine that for all of WoW's old raids! Why didn't this happen? Even Trion Worlds did it infinitely better than Blizzard did. While there is no incentive to do old raids, you can level yourself down to do old content and STILL find it challenging. In Cataclysm we saw a guild called <FIFTY> use the cross-realm RealID raiding feature to get 40 man raids of level 50 players to clear old raids like Ahn'Qiraj, Molten Core and Blackwing Lair, and actually clear bosses having an easier time than the 60 players of old did. This is why we can't just "freeze characters at level 60 and keep doing old content" because the slew of often terrible balance changes in the eve of each expansion imbalances old Vanilla content to the point where it is trivialised. If today's level 50s are more powerful than the level 60s of eight years ago, then something is clearly wrong. 2) The conversion towards World of DailyCraft: Blizzard has messed up Mists of Pandaria beyond repair. Who at Blizzard honestly thought it was a good idea to advertise faction championing as a feature two expansions prior then outright remove the ability to do so, instead forcing players to grind hundreds of daily quests just to actually spend their hard-earned Justice and Valor points? Better yet, why do we have to grind reputations just to spend PvE points? Why not force this upon PvPers too? Why is it just PvE that gets the shaft? I am all for giving people who do solo questing and dailies the ability to farm JP and VP - the way this feature was advertised in the unveiling of Mists - but I am not for forcing mandatory daily quests down a PvEer's throat. 3) The supposed dead-ness of the game. The week before I quit WoW, I queued for a LFR raid. After about two months of on-and-off grinding for the tank gear I required, I finally got the item levels needed to queue and not just from easily purchaseable PvP gear with overinflated item levels. I queued at around 5PM, which should be a peak-ish time. Thirty minutes later, this was the result of still being in the queue: Tanks: 1/2 Healers: 0/6 Damage Dealers: 0/17 That's right, I was still the only person to have queued. I felt like the game was dead even during daylight hours. With the lack of meaningful interaction I got from players on my realm, the amount of toxic, abusive morons I got in Dungeon Finder (elaborated on my next point), and whatnot, I decided to just unsubscribe and look for greener MMO pastures. With this being a harsh reality for myself, I am not surprised that a top-tier PvE guild has called it quits on raiding and that WoW's subscriber count has plummeted. The game is hemorrhaging subscribers and I actually felt like I was playing a £7.99 a month single player game at times. 4) The Community: Before I mention this entire point, I am going to omit any real player and guild names. Even though many of them no longer play WoW and many of these guilds have disbanded, I still wish to give them the anonymity they deserve in this reflection. Additionally, naming and shaming is a breach of Blizzard forum rules. The community is one of the biggest reasons why I felt cheated at the end of each expansion. I can give for you a basic summary of the abuse I was subjected to: Two IRL friends were poached by a guild whose GM blacklisted me from joining, going so far as to refuse to activate my forum account and IP block me from their guild forum. I hardly knew said GM. A guild kicked me out of reasons I do not understand. They then started a campaign of harassment against me spanning one and a half expansions, telling other guilds to blacklist me (which they did) on lack-of-evidence claims that I ninjaed from their guild bank, spammed their guild chat, purposely ninja pulled bosses in their raids etc. One of their guild members even told me, unprovoked, in trade, to do the realm a favour and kill myself. I get continually shelved for raids in any guild I joined. Had numerous items ninjaed from me including a ranged weapon and a 2h axe . The people and reasons why they were ninjaed (i.e. the bow by an officer DPS warrior as a rudimentary stat-stick and the two-hander by the GM as an excuse to not have to teleport and change runes on his BiS weapon) were ridiculous, unfair and due to my lack of authority, uncontestable. When attempting to create my own guild out of all the grievances in this list, I would often struggle to find members, organise raids, avoid my rosters from being poached, and actually get people to use voice chat, which is pretty much mandatory for any raider. I got used by a guild master who made me an officer and raid leader for his guild thanks to my dedication and willingness to organise. While I boosted an incompetent B-team through four Naxxramas raids a week (they were so bad that we often wiped continually and gave up), and tried to basically organise his guild, he and his other officers would just go to their alts and raid in other guilds including the ones that had harassed me. I got continually vote-kicked from instances in Cataclysm and Mists because I would either not be quick and geared enough to catch up with the ninja pulling DPS or end up wiping on a boss due to disobedience of boss tactics. After most of the realm had blacklisted/burned bridges with me I was forced to reroll Paladin on another realm. I did moderately successful raids on this new realm but faced the same old problems. Once made a rant about gearscore on the WoW forums in Wrath just to get 8 pages of rude, offensive, hateful, unmoderated responses gear bashing me because I used a +MP5/Int gem instead of a Nightmare Tear in a specific slot. This is by-no-means a comprehensive list of my experiences during TBC, Wrath and Cata. There are more examples but these are the worst, the ones that ruined my experiences of the game. 5) Player's Fatigue: After four two-year cycles where my character's progress is effectively nullified and I am forced to grind another five or ten levels to make the game 'begin' again, it feels disillusioning to want to play the game again, especially when you realise you can never experience the old content again. 6) The simplification of talents: Unpopular opinion incoming. I dislike the new talent changes.. Only giving your players a choice of three talents every fifteen levels, when Elitist Jerks will still try and find a way to theorycraft the best possible talent to pick for each situation, still produce cookie-cutter specs and builds, and still have each raider mindlessly follow said specifications, feels like a huge dumbification of the game. I liked the complex talent trees of old. Hell, the talent trees of Cataclysm felt like a decent compromise for what would have become a really complex system of 61 point talents had the game progressed further another ten levels. Yet now the transition of talents felt forced. You were forced to place 31 points in one tree before moving on to another. It felt so artificial. Dual specs, something we saw from PvPers like Nexius in Vanilla, were now out of the question entirely. The End: Thanks for reading. This has been more-so a rant about what I dislike about WoW. I would have posted this on the WoW forums but unfortunately I am no longer subscribed to the game.Clbull12 Jul 15, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 Computer good or nah So i suck at picking computers in general. But the on i have now is not able to play anymore so i was wondering if this one was able to run SC2 with medium settings or not? http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-15-6-Inch-Laptop-59406417/dp/B00HIYA4F2/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_d_2 If not my range 550$ i know its low but its able to be done with that price thanksMrToxicCodes10 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 10, 2014 planning to buy Diablo III howdy, yeah I know there is a separate forum devoted to Diablo but I kinda have a few noobish questions concerning the game: 1.if I buy both Diablo III and RoS, will I be able to play the Crusader from the beginning? Or is the Crusader a class which gets unlocked later on? 2. I managed to finish the Starter version of the game with a Barb. I won't have much time to play so I'm looking for a noob friendly class but a melee only. Which is more OP and noob friendly - the Barb or the Crusader? 3.Do the professions work similar as in WoW? 4.Umm, what is the ultimate aim of the game? Kill a final boss? (I'm old enough to play both diablo 1 and 2 but I was never a fan of these) 5.The game is about 'farming', right? You have to farm different sets etc?korsarz1 Jul 10, 2014
Jul 10, 2014 Building a gaming computer, need some advice I purchased Starcraft 2 about 18 months ago, and now I finally am building a computer that will be capable of running it. However, this is my first time doing anything like this, so I wanted to see if anything with my chosen parts is incorrect or unfitting for Starcraft 2. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pray_for_Snow/saved/JYdrxr This is my parts list from PC Part Picker. I have left out a case, hard drive, OS, and optical drive, because I have those components already. I'm hoping to be able to run Starcraft 2 on Medium or higher settings, but if it runs Low well enough I'd be perfectly happy. I know the excess Wattage from the PSU is high, but I intend to build off of this machine in the future, so a high power supply is fine with me. Please forgive any typos, I'm using a new keyboard and haven't gotten used to it yet.PrayForSnow1 Jul 10, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Void Rays unbalance Hots When the Void Rays had a buff of prismatic alignement in Hots , they were ridiculously OP there's no proper counter units against the void rays and i think there's should be one because in a game of 2v2 in a custom game we were 2 zerg against 1 Protoss and terran .. and we were controlling the whole map and we were having the best income,200 supply , all upgrades, EVERYTHING ! .. we were sure to win .. then Terran came with all of his marines i killed them all with banes then after 5 min they came back with mass void rays and they just expanded 1 time ! we were playing on the map Twilight fortress so it was really easy to defend but we were having all the map for ourselves and then they pushed with a mass void rays 3 dam/2/2 against us and guess what happens.. we loose the fight ! so we had to GG when we were having all the advantage for us it was very frustrating but it happened .. i know that protoss have the best units in the game but srsly make that more balanced against the void rays ! X.XNovaPoisonX0 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Which gaming mouse do you recommend? I'm looking for ones that are fairly cheap. Brands don't matter, I just want one that's reliable.SlowMinded3 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 What do SC2 players think of HearthStone!?! I didn't like it at first but once I figured out the mechanics I cannot put it down. Yes, there is a huge luck element involved, but there is also strategy and skill as well. Everyday, I ask myself when will I get serious about SC2 again? And everyday I simply do not answer that question and click on the HearthStone instead of SC2. For one, I feel much more relaxed and actually have fun playing it - not just winning. Sure, sometimes I get bad sequence of cards or someone will blow me out with their fancy cards. But overall, I am having a blast playing it. Furthermore, the game is also girlfriend "friendly" if you will lol. Meaning that I can play this game with my girl when she comes over (not the case with SC2, the game is too complex for beginner and girlfriends feel left out when you play it). Lets face it, SC2 is one stressful game, particularly in 1v1 ladder. There are leagues to climb and icons to unlock. It takes a lot of energy, time and nerves to play some 1v1. Likewise, SC2 is real time, which means click faster or you lose. Not the case in HS, it's turn-based format allows you to think and plan Originally I planned to play many solo SC2 games during the summer but Hearthstone changed all that. In any case, HearthStone is the flavor of the month as far as my gaming time goes. What do you guys think? Have you tried it? Did it make you not want to play SC2?Gannicus25 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Anyone experienced this? My power supply started doing these very light clicking noises almost like an electrical. If I leave my computer off for few hours the clicking seem to stop. And I'm 100% its PSU because I've heard it coming straight out of the PSU. I can't seem to find any information about this on internet so maybe anyone knows what it could be.Saint5 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Deciding on these two budget IPS monitors http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS239H-P-23-Inch-Full-HD-Monitor/dp/B008DWITHI/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404352642&sr=8-1&keywords=ips+monitor or http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX2370SMH-LED-23-Inch-SuperClear-Frameless/dp/B008RM235I/ref=sr_sp-atf_image_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1404359307&sr=1-1&keywords=ViewSonic+VX2370SMH-LED+23-Inch which one is better?Anoobuzen0 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 What makes a good game of Mafia? In your opinion what makes a good save in Mafia? What elements does it need to be decent? I really want to know. Please be specific.Durzan9 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 1, 2014 How do you play Warcraft? How would you explain to somebody like myself who's been playing SC2 for a couple years how Warcraft multiplayer works? I've never played multiplayer Warcraft before but the arcade game called WAH (Warcraft Alliance and Horde) caught my attention and I test ran the game against an ai and it was completely different than what I have played. My questions are: is harassing a big thing? scouting? are there hard counters pr does it come down to micro? how important is killing neutral camps? better to split armies into groups or one big deathball?Edwin4 Jul 1, 2014
Jun 24, 2014 Is Planetary Annihilation like SC2? Planetary Annihilitation is on sale in the Steam store. From what I've seen it looks like SC2 but you conquer planets. Has anyone played it and would they recommend it?Adenosine20 Jun 24, 2014
Jun 23, 2014 Looking to purchase a Laptop for SC2/Diablo3 Greetings everyone, I am in the market for a new computer and I am used to the standard gaming rig (Giant PC). I am now at a point in my life where I need portability. So with that being said I will start off with a few things that I have heard and then a what is better portion. 1: For SC2 and Diablo3 I have been told and seen from several places and people that Intel is superior to AMD because these two games are more CPU dependent. True? False? 2: If going with Intel I have heard that the I5 4210U is better then the I7 4510U because these games do not use multi-threading. True? False? 3: Do I really need a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M or will I be fine with a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 840M? 4: I assume that 8GB DDR3L System Memory (1 Dimm) is enough? The two systems I am looking at are below. HP Envy 15t Select, total cost: $736.39 Operating system Windows 8.1 64 Processor and Graphics 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Dual Core Processor + 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 840M Graphics Display 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080) Memory 8GB DDR3L System Memory (1 Dimm) Hard drive 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive Primary battery 4-cell 41WHr Lithium-ion Battery Primary optical drive SuperMulti DVD burner Keyboard Backlit Keyboard Personalization HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone, Fingerprint Reader Networking 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth® [1x1] HP Envy 15t, total cost: $761.99 With the 4GB Video Card it is $829.19 Operating system Windows 8.1 64 Processor and Graphics 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Dual Core Processor + 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 840M Graphics Display 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080) Memory 8GB DDR3L System Memory (1 Dimm) Hard drive 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive Office software No Additional Office Software McAfee LiveSafe(TM) Security Security Software Trial Primary battery 4-cell 41WHr Lithium-ion Battery Primary optical drive SuperMulti DVD burner Keyboard Backlit Keyboard Personalization HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone, Fingerprint Reader Networking 802.11b/g/n WLAN [1x1] I appreciate any thoughts you guys have. I really don't want to spend more money then I have to. For reference I can play the game on high/ultra right now with this setup on my PC. Which laptop beats what I currently have? Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 3.1 GB RAM Windows Vista Crossfired ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series with 1.7GB Video RamBrandon0 Jun 23, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 Starcraft : Ghost I was getting nostalgic for what could have been (In my opinion) A halo rival of the 2nd gen consoles. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qsI7petLho I never saw this trailer before but it looks amazing So my question is, do you think this will ever get made? Has there been any news in the last 5 or so years?Barkin2 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 Which keyboard do you use? I just bought a Corsair K70 but I'm not sure if I like the feel of it yet, but it's the only keyboard I've seen with a roller for the volume control. Which one do you guys use? Is there any one that's considered the best?Shahzad37 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 Which one is better for a gaming laptop? 500GB SSD or mSATA SSD? Can anyone with a clue give me advice? Because I don't have a clue. Thanks.ThulsaDoom9 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 Mouse help I've tried a couple of mouses in order to find the best fit for me, and I'm still not sure what to choose. I started with the razer taipan. I loved this mouse for its small, ambidextrous design. It felt super easy to move fast and efficiently, and felt comfortable. The buttons on the side; however, always got in the way. : / My next mouse was the Death Adder. I actually liked the way this mouse felt better. I'm right handed, and the buttons felt so much better/closer to my hand. I also felt like I had more perisice control. The problem: the "hump" of the mouse seems too big for me. My grip type is claw, and I feel like the "curved shape" of the death adder puts too much pressure on my lower thumb. I've actually started having thumb pain ._. Based on this... any mouse you'd recommend? I was looking at the G9X (which was discontinued) and the razer-ouroboros. But I have no idea where to go from here.PraXy6 Jun 16, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 EU CD Key on US??? I live in the US and have a US account with a couple games. If I buy an EU cd key for StarCraft 2 will I be able to activate it on my account and play with my friends who are also in the US?AlexKidd5 Jun 16, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 What do you think of these specs? I've been thinking about getting a new computer since the one I currently have is getting old; it's about 3-4 years old. I got these specs off a Youtube video and I want you guys to tell me if they're outdated or if it's good for a gaming PC: Processor: AMD Athlon X4 760K: ~$90 Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35: ~$60 Graphics Card: 1GB MSI GeForce GTX 650TI: ~$115 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 2GB x2: ~$45 Harddrive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB: ~$60 Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W: ~$30 Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer: ~$17 Case: Rosewill Challenger: ~$40 In total, this PC costs around: $457. Now, I'm not a tech-savvy type of guy, again I copied this off a Youtube video, and I just figured that the only way to get reviews for this build was to copy the specs. This is a February 2014 build, so the prices of these may have gone up or down. Let me know what you guys think of this build.SlowMinded2 Jun 16, 2014
Jun 15, 2014 Upgrading AMD A10 5800k CPU to Intel Core i7? Ohai, I've been considering an upgrade of my PC for Starcraft 2. Currently, my build is an AMD A10 5800k, with a Radeon 7870 and 8GB of RAM. It can run Extreme graphics well, with framerate ranging from 40~60 in normal play. However, my framerates have been dropping in big 4v4 fights, even on Low graphics. I've determined that my graphics card is not the bottleneck, so I wonder whether to upgrade my CPU. I have my sights set on Intel's Core i7 3770k and 4770k. Either of these CPUs will probably improve my framerate, but I wonder whether it's worth the investment not only in the CPU, but also the new motherboard. Prices right now indicate that the price of these CPUs is right around 3x the price of my current CPU, so if I sell my CPU and motherboard for a good price, I'd still have to put a considerable additional investment for my PC. Between the 3770k and 4770k, I'm more inclined toward the 4770k just because its Haswell architecture is where I think Intel is gearing its future development. Are my assumptions correct? If Intel is still developing its Ivy/Sandy Bridge CPUs, I might as well get the 3770k, without fearing an imminent obsolescence of the LGA1155-socket motherboard I'd get for it, should I wish to upgrade further. I would appreciate any suggestions, comments, or updates.CtG6 Jun 15, 2014
Jun 15, 2014 Arguing with the people of League of Legends http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4603682 God I need to stop playing this "team" game stuffTireless0 Jun 15, 2014
Jun 14, 2014 amd radeon hd 8330 - good or bad? I'm looking to buy a new laptop for my friend, and this one on newegg seems like a good deal but I wanna know if SC2 will run with it's graphics card. I looked at the supported video cards for SC2 and I looked online for a benchmark but it seems no one is familiar enough with this card to know how it works in gaming. So good or bad, should I purchase the laptop with this card? Again the card is an integrated card, amd radeon hd 8330 with shared system memory. The computer is here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231385 And yes I know Blizz likes to optimize their games so that they can run on a toaster, but SC2 is the most resource heavy game in their current lineup I feel and I want to be sure that my friend can play the games he likes without lagging.Validus3 Jun 14, 2014
Jun 13, 2014 Hearthstone Have you guys played it yet? Is it any good? Also where are some beginner tutorials?Dreadlord16 Jun 13, 2014