Off Topic Dicussion

Jun 13, 2014 Destiny Alpha stream!! Come check out my buddy's Twitch stream of Destinty!! http://www.twitch.tv/justinmccoog4lPhoenix0 Jun 13, 2014
Jun 11, 2014 Buying non-gaming machine My mother's computer is absurdly outdated, and no longer keeps up with the demands of repeated software updates. After checking startup conditions and task manager, there is no justification for how slow the computer is running except for the theory that it's just getting way too old. It's not for gaming. Not for big business or engineering or design. It's just a person computer used for internet shipping/browsing and personal bookkeeping (like managing 10 to 20 employees 1099, etc, for tax purposes). It has just 1 gig of ram and a 1.6 mhz processor, intel. Yeah, it's that old. So I'm planning on looking around and getting her a bargain bin computer, since I know even the cheapest/weakest thing currently on the market will be orders of magnitude better in performance. My concern is the OS, as I've heard bad things about the latest Windows operating system. She probably wants to stick to PC/Windows because that's what she knows, so Apple is out of the question, almost certainly. What is currently the cheapest processor core brand per unit of performance? What is the best RAM per unit cost right now? I won't be making the computer from scratch, even though I could, because I don't feel like bothering with warranties on individual parts, and neither does she. Believe it or not, I once worked in computer tech support about 12 years ago. I just haven't bought any new computer hardware in about 4 years, so I am out of the loop, and falling behind in the cutting edge hardware and software anyway; Forget more than you remember sort of thing at play too when you don't use skills for years at a time. I plan on checking Newegg for any insight into typical components as well, but I wanted advice/confirmation from other people. yes, I know people on this forum focus on gaming and development machines, but you are probably still the best source for "bare bones" machines as well. The computer I am currently using was a bargain bin computer from a 2010 series HP machine, which I got for about $500. It is 4 core, 2.9ghz amd, w/ 6 gigs ram, etc. Summary: I want to know about the operating system issues. Best bargain bin processor (number of cores, cache, clock speed, any other on-board chips or features) RAM-Best bargin bin amount and speed per cost. Video, whether integrated or add-on. I think integrated usually works best for pre-built systems due to simplicity. She is not going to be upgrading the thing again for 5 to 8 years again after purchase, unlike gamers, so that's not a big deal. HD doesn't matter, she'll never use it all anyway. Thanks for any insight, however little or much, in advanceWade6 Jun 11, 2014
Jun 11, 2014 Best gaming Keyboard? (Not just for SC2) I have a laptop, its a gaming one, and the keys aren't bad on it, I just want to find a keyboard that will allow me to play more efficiently. (I know, Its a laptop, but I have a stand for it with a place for the keyboard up to 23 inches- 45 inches, modifiable) My maximum spending is under 100 dollars. Its very little, but I can stretch it to maximum 135 dollars (US currency) please tell me your thoughts!SKSword9 Jun 11, 2014
Jun 9, 2014 Playing Meepo in Dota 2 can help improvemicro MAn! Now that is a Hero in Dota 2 that require skills. I would say it is the hardest hero to play well by far. Also the reverse is also true. being good in SC2 can help with microing Meepo.Anoobuzen1 Jun 9, 2014
Jun 9, 2014 Anyone been to Japan or Korea? Since Japan and Korea are pretty big in gaming, do most or a lot of Japanese or Korean people have good spec computers? Obviously I am not expecting everyone to be rocking gaming spec computers. But are there are a lot of computer building enthusiasts over there rocking gaming spec computers like in the U.S?Anoobuzen27 Jun 9, 2014
Jun 6, 2014 Darkfall Unholy Wars - Elder Scroll style MMO Hey guys, check out this game Darkfall Unholy Wars streamed by Ragey http://www.twitch.tv/rageypoo It's a really cool MMO with full loot, Elder Scroll style pvp.Mythic0 Jun 6, 2014
Jun 3, 2014 i love pokemon I just wanted to say that :) <3BabySteps2 Jun 3, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 Budget pc that can run sc2 on med/high I want a computer that can run starcraft 2 1v1's in medium/high settings with at least 30 FPS in big fights and also run 4v4's medium settings big battles with a good 30 FPS aswell. My budget is going to be 300-400$ if buying a new monitor and case will be too expensive I might be able salvage those off of my old computer. What do you guys recommend me buying regarding the hardware? I've decided on the geforce GTX 650 as for my video card but i'm not sure on anything else. I don't really have any intention on playing any other games or future proofing the computer so I just want the minimum it will take to run sc2 on medium no lag thanks for the help guysHahahah3 Jun 2, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 RPG Game recommendations? So the reason I am posting this in here is for the simple fact that I would be flamed endlessly for posting this in a D3 forum or WoW forum. So to the point and my question. What games are "Like" WoW OR "D3". I stopped play both because neither of them are rewarding in way shape or form. With WoW I go into a raid, hope I get something, usually 1 upgrade or less, then after my raid and or all raids I can do I then think to myself "Awesome... This was bad (Got nothing) or this was good (got at least one upgrade) then.... *Logs Out* With D3 I grind constantly and endlessly receiving NOTHING for hours on end and the only reason I went to D3 is that I enjoyed slaying countless Beast and Demons it felt great until RoS then the game play was... well... BORING... Take a few steps, stop, slay some things, take a few steps, stop. slay somehing, etc,etc... Missed it when either on my Barbarian or Wizard you could FLY threw things.. Miss those days... so in the end.... D3 practically became WoW with more boredom and D3 does not require subscription. I could go on for A LOT more reason's about D3 than that, does not stop there... Now I know what you're thinking. "Omg... WTF is it you want..." Ok. ok, Chill, talk to the hand! Detective John Kimble! So my question is this. Does anyone know of game that is fast paced and that the gameplay is either like WoW or D3? The games I have played to try and get close would be PoE and Rift. Do not get me wrong, I like both games I wanted something a bit different. Anyway, thank you for your help!DoomStar5 Jun 2, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 There's a new RTS coming to town Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is being released this month with ranked matchmaking and ELO. I've heard so many good things about this game and I can't wait to give it a try. http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/gravytrain6 Jun 2, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 Wildstar Anyone get into the early access that started today? looking for some honest feedback on gameplay before I preorderAsh6 Jun 2, 2014
May 31, 2014 BF3 Free on Origin Battlefield 3 is free on Origin until June 3 thought I'd let you guys know :)Sparkypop0 May 31, 2014
May 29, 2014 Video Gaming vs Dating - Happiness Research I was often told by people in bnet and peers in real life that I was a loser for playing games rather than going out and dating women. However, new ground breaking research shows that scientists have measured levels of happiness through releases of chemicals in the brain as a response to a set of tested activities including: sleeping, having sex, flirting with a woman, winning at gambling and finally playing video games! The results of the test are not at all surprising to me, the tests have showed that playing video games yielded the highest level of happiness across all tested subjects. This clearly and very strongly confirms what many of us already knew to be true, that video games are one of the best possible ways to spend your time. That playing video games maximizes your pleasure, it peeks your levels of happiness unlike any other activity in the world. So to all those people who claim we need to "go out and get laid" clearly that is no longer a valid comment. Video games in fact is the most optimum way to spend time, not only in terms of happiness levels, but also costs involved. A video game costs 60$ but it will grant you endless hours of entertainment, a date with a girl can cost you multiple times more than that and is not a guarantee of fun at all. Also women are not predictable, they can cheat and break your heart at any point. A video game is there for you 24/7, strictly for your pleasure, to enhance your life, to bring you joy at a fixed cost for an eternity. Women can cause endless fights with friends, family, unwanted pregnancy, risk of STI, risk of blackmail and/or loss of assets, women also cause massive security and anxiety issues in men, as well as plenty of other factors: including set up costs for dating (wardrobe, car, etc), maintenance costs as well as forcing you to go outside vs being in the safety of your own home playing games. To many people who critic video gamers I always answer that video gaming is not just an activity, it is a life choice, one that millions of people around the world smartly choose to partake. I have sacrificed a lot of things in my life for video games, including starcraft, and I am here to tell you that it is a decision that I do not and will never regret. I hope you agree and discover for your self, what maximizes your happiness levels!!Chanmanx36 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Origin Sucks - can't buy Titanfall I'm trying to buy Titanfall for pc but I get an error #10049 when I'm in the checkout. I then try and verify my email but it doesn't get sent. I am so done with Origin. The fact that I'm trying to give them $$$ but can't should be grounds for someone to be fired. I'd post on the Respawn forums but have no desire to create a profile.gravytrain7 May 29, 2014
May 29, 2014 Good payed antivirus This isn't hardware, but I have somewhat recently built a custom PC; my first one. So I'm kinda wanting to baby it a little. What I need is some advice on a good antivirus/malware software program that I could install on it to keep it safe.Geislar1 May 29, 2014
May 24, 2014 WTF? Can't post- Blizzard= stupid? Hello, Why would one have to buy the game or become more than the "Starter Edition" to be able to post in the main forums?! Why idiot came up with that idea? Forums are for all people whether player or not to discuss the game and talk! THXDouxdoja0 May 24, 2014
May 22, 2014 Petition for Mabinogi North America Sword Art Title basically says it all. I started a petition in favor of NA getting the SAO event. Both KR and JP have gotten/have the event. I know it takes a lot to make something like that happen, but why should NA get skimped out on good content? If you could take a minute or two to sign this petition, it would be greatly appreciated! link: http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/mabinogisaoeventHarkinian0 May 22, 2014
May 21, 2014 Just wanted to share Gaming Laptop Clevo Exp Had desktop I7 2600K, 8GB, GTX 560 Ti, just had faulty motherboard, then incompatible memory, use to drop BSOD during gameplay. Thought about investing in technology, and because I am traveling due to the job nature, decided to try a go for a laptop. Have just bought Gaming Laptop Clevo P170SM, used little known supplier PWN PCs, 16GB memory, 880M GTX 8Gb GPU, I7 4810 CPU. What i can say hitting 100 FPS on full HD ultra settings. Service from supplier was very fast, price was very competitive, just took a risk and bought this monster. Would recommend if you have sufficient fundsacehead0 May 21, 2014
May 21, 2014 Warcraft 3:TFT is almost extinct It's been 3 months since an elite replay was last submitted to Gosugamers...Wade5 May 21, 2014
May 20, 2014 HEARTHSTONE Would you recommend it?SlowMinded61 May 20, 2014
May 19, 2014 Going to try to build a PC need help Hey, Frequency here. I kind of want to build my own PC but have never built one before ( so I have very limited knowledge). I would like for it to be able to run games at their highest setting, completely lag free. The games I have in mind/ the games i play the most are SC2 and League. Anyways if you could review it and see if i should change anything or of things I can change to make it cheaper while still being able to do what i desire then please tell, I need feedback. Thanks :D Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/frequ/saved/4Jog Oh yeah forgot to say, would prefer for it to be under $1000 ( because I still need to buy monitor and all that )Frequency0 May 19, 2014
May 16, 2014 To Wii U owners So I hear that the maximum amount of gigabytes a Wii U can hold is 32 GB. Would you say that that's impressive by any means? Because my friend is a bit skeptical about how much the Wii U can hold and he says his Xbox can hold like 500 GB (which seems a bit ridiculous to me). So would you say that 32 GB is enough? I'm no expert on bytes and stuff, so I'll need your help with this.SlowMinded2 May 16, 2014
May 12, 2014 Need to buy a new Computer So my roommate decided he wanted to move the shared computer from the main room to his room while i was away in Spain, and I get back and the one thing I wanted to do was play SC2 before going back to work. Whatever. Anyways, I need to buy a computer to play SC2 (I know, its horrible, but we're all in this together clearly). Money is pretty limited, I'd say $500 spending max. I enjoyed playing on lowest settings on my roomates computer, which had like 1gbRAM, 2.33 ghz. So could anyone give me an idea what the *real* lowest specs are lol. I am just barely not clueless on computers (ie I know the difference between single and multiple cores but I dont really know the difference between different brands or products, ie Pentium 4 vs 4 HT, or i5 vs i7, although maybe I dont need to since I understand cores and ghz). I also am pretty clueless of video cards but just assume higher is better. 1. Processor Speed (It seems I can knock off like .4 ghz speed when single core vs dual) 2. RAM (easy to just pay like $40 for another gb of ram and throw into computer though) 3. Video Card (dont know much at all about this, I assume a higher number is better). So I was seeing stuff on ebay, and like you got this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&autorefresh=true&hash=item2a0d92c663&item=180616349283&nma=true&pt=Desktop_PCs&rt=nc&si=CNgvOsiYmSvV9K28OoKo6CORQk4%253D#ht_5290wt_926 $43 computer that has 3 ghz Pentium 4 HTr, 512 RAM. That should run SC2 better than my roommates computer, obviously not a high setting but that should mean it, like my roommates computer, will run SC2 on absolute lowest with zero hiccups and perfectly smooth. What I really am asking is: 1. Where to buy a computer (craigslist, ebay, a certain website like newegg, or maybe straight from the source, ie dell.com, hp.com - in which case, what brand should I get? 2. What exactly is the big drain SC2 has on a computer? Ie is it just processor, video card, and RAM? What lowest possible settings do you know to work smoothly for playing SC2 on lowest? 3. Is the above computer linked/posted good enough ya think? 43 is cheap and good to play my sc2 Thanks, I know its kind of a pain in the ass post but what would you do if you HAD TO PLAY STARCRAFT 2 NOW and your roommate suddenly moves the shared computer into his room when you got back from another country, expecting to at least play for 2 days before work and never being able to play againBelial8 May 12, 2014
May 8, 2014 Getting age of mythology soon This game gets released in 5 hours on steam i play sc2 as my main game but was curious have any of you ever tried this game ? i hear its pretty good........... i know this is an sc2 forum and i am in no way advertising or comparing the two games my hearts defiinatly with sc2 im just curious if any of you out there have played this game and whats ur overal opinion of it cheers :)Audio18 May 8, 2014
May 6, 2014 Let's have Warcraft 1 and 2 remade I don't think I'm the only one, but I would love for Blizzard to go back and remake Warcraft 1 and 2 using the Starcraft 2 engine. I loved these games with a passion, and I miss the Warcraft rts. I'd love to play through these campaigns again. I'm sure many new fans of the series would appreciate experiencing these games in a up to date style. Starcraft could also be a candidate of a remake. Anybody else miss the classic Blizzard rts?Gambler0 May 6, 2014
May 6, 2014 Ok, i need help Hi, i'm a new player to SC2, i've been interested in this game for quite some time(didin't buy it before because of PC specs, and even now my PC bugs on 4V4 engagments), also i did not buy the game now because no shops here had WoL(I need to buy it before HoTS), only the HoTS expansion. Ok then, i'm in starter edition since past monday i think but i only started playing it really for about wednesday(Holiday) and i tried the campaign a bit, did all the tutoriais(but not the stage 3 terrans because i think terrans are sooooo boring) and before i started playing even starter edition i started to watch HuskyStarcraft(BLH :D, and many pro level games), and i saw some strategies of LowkoTV(Actually only the 3 hatcheries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFMm-FM2Sw). So that is the introduction( i MAINLY play Zerg, never play terran and sometimes i play Protoss), then i started playing arcade games and custom online games on Friday, taking off all the team games i played(So unbalanced like 105 50 50 70 vs 15 5 35 15), and the games that my allies quit at the 5-10 minutes mark i played more than 10 games, and i won 4, against:level 3 terran, level 10 protoss, lvl 14 terran, lvl 9 terran. All the others were losses, see why here, i tried to harass with my first patch of zerglings(5 minutes mark?7:50?) scouting with overlords, ultras against T.H.O.R's, corruptors against battlecruiser's, mutas for harass and workers destruction(direct impact to economy), zerglings against stalkers, and i don't know why, seriously if i knew i would NOT have made this Thread, i'm still loosing, my average APM is 64 because lately i am playing unmotivated due to what i'll explain later, but when i play motivated my APM is about 75-84(84 being the higthest APM i got)i generaly play for hatchery first then pool even tho it's not a BIIIIG diference, i try my max to go for 3rd hatchery when i get to defend natural expansion, but reaper harass is simply urgh, and i generally go for zerglings/ultras and mutas/corruptors(Add some infestors in the mix even tho they are weak as !@#$), and i loose to armies or thors and marines even with ultras/zerglings, loose to colossi even with mutas/corruptors, and i don't know why The unmotivated play thingy is due to loosing matches to 19 APM terrans, 30 APM protoss 50 APM terrans, and for my units that SHOULD counter the enemy units 70% of the time loosing the wars, also i don't get the %^-*ing advantage of Zergs(My favorite class) some !@#$ing say it's drone quantity, other say strength in numbers and i'm into the state that zerg is ridiculous, how can i loose to a person that has NO resouce managemant, like terrans that put 5+ siege tanks on high ground and don't need to %^-*ING MACRO(Like the game that i lost i had 80 APM and my enemy 19 and i !@#$ing lost because he was with SO many towers, the ones that shoot air units, and siege tanks AND I'M NOT EVEN TELLING ABOUT HIS ARMY BECAUSE WHERE ZERG STRENGTH SHOULD BE[NUMBERS, NUMBERS!] THE TERRANS HAVE 15+ THORS AT 20 %^-*ING MINUTES, NOT EVEN COUNTING MARINES AND MEDIVACS) and my !@#$ING army that to be cost effective i have to burrow units to save them from shots, split them from siege tank shots, get enemies in bad position wich IS ridiculous(Hoping for your enemy to make mistakes) and do PERFECT fungal growth, while my enemy has units that press 1 key kill 30 zerglings(High templars) or press 1 key to get EXTRA DAMAGE(void rays) or don't even has to press key, just attack move and medivacs will heal them. Seriously, what is it with this game, thank god the game wasn't available in the shops at my town, because i would feel it as wasted money P.S:If you think i should have made suggestions to balance, i didin't make suggestion because: -I don't own the game so No one would care -Not pro -Not the rigth forum session to make sugestion Byee READ ALL READ ALL READ ALL READ ALL READ ALL READ ALL READ ALL READ ALL READ ALLMadLeoric3 May 6, 2014
May 1, 2014 lenovo z710 just wondering how well it stacks up for under a 1000$ laptop it has the i-7 4700 16gb ram 17 inch screen nvidia gt745 graphics card r/w blu ray on amazonSTEVE0 May 1, 2014
Apr 29, 2014 MMORTS game, a question for the masses I am working on a project that I plan to push when I get a small team together in college. For now I am coming up with concepts and ideas. Anyways, I have one question for anyone who would like to answer. The question is simply about how to deal with the progression of the server. Before I can ask that I should include some detail. Consider this game a war city builder + warcraft 3 on a persistent server. One interactive layer that has a view similar to Civ 5. Then the more controlled layer similar to warcraft 3. Now you can have more than one city. There are various npcs to be captured as well. The question is to avoid a server degrading or becoming boring too quickly I need to implement a unique form of progression that involves either gated progression or a type of reset. I feel a bit of both, this way new players can join any server and not be overwhelmed. Given this type of game. This entire process is difficult to do properly without practically requiring the release of new servers or something of that nature. I am at this time focused on resolving how to deal with implementation of including the transition of technology without completely rendering older technology useless. Even though trying to allow older technology to be used may be vein. This is more about giving the players the option to choose what they want to play. My initial plan was to have the server set on a timer and each new transition would unlock and improve upon technology and a soft reset to units and setting a balance to everybody on the server after this transition. Basically, everyone will be set to a certain point in their cities if they are not already there. However, I've begun to ask myself. What about those who may prefer to stick to a specific time frame or enjoy a certain level of technology the most. I shouldn't just cut them out. I'm starting to wonder if it might be possible to allow older technologies to remain useful. But, keep progression vital. So, perhaps set certain areas to still requiring or utilizing older technologies? Have "rips" in time itself, a whole zone specific for that technological point. Allowing players to spread out not only in the current time. But, also older technology points. These rips in time may offer unique resources not found in current days or the chances for heroes you could get then, but not now. Any suggestions or input on my ideas are appreciated. Edit: I meant to add this. The purpose for the technology to be utilized in this method is if I had technology a personal progression alone (people still have to unlock and research things), I personally would feel less immersed. But, it would also greatly increase a gap between new and veteran players that I do not want.Galvatorex0 Apr 29, 2014
Apr 26, 2014 Cheap gaming headset? Help/Suggest pl0x :) I am in desperate need for a headset, though I'm kind of cheap when it comes to buying keyboards/mice/headsets, so I'm gonna set a $50 limit (though about $30 would be ideal). I don't have any preference of brand or anything, I just need it to be durable/reliable, and be compatible with both a PC and consoles. If you know of a good headset that ISN'T compatible with both, still suggest it please, but I would also like to know of a good converter I could use with it then. So if you know of a good, cheap headset I could buy, I'd appreciate the helpAnimus3 Apr 26, 2014
Apr 26, 2014 Should I buy Starcraft 2? I wasn't really interested in this game back then but I saw this recent video about Starcraft 2 and it seems to be my type of game. I love RTS, I'm all about strategy games. Played Red Alert and it was one of my favorite PC games but is SC2 worth buying now? I mean is there still a large community behind this game because when I checked the General Chat it only has about 56 people. I'm buying this game for the campaign but I also want to ensure that there will be someone to play with after I'm done with the campaign because I'm not sure if I'll buy the other expansion pack since there's too many games on my list this year. And speaking of expansion pack what specific things do you benefit from getting The Heart of The Swarm? I know this is a Blizzard game topic but they won't allow me to post in the main forum because I'm not a full-game user yet and posting on other game forum doesn't really help me out because they said that it's best to post here.unQwerty6 Apr 26, 2014
Apr 23, 2014 Is it still worth buying SC2? Hey, I was thinking about buying SCII WoL and HotS.. I know im a little late to the party.. but is it still worth it..? Does it cater to the casual player? I know its an esport and played very competitively, but does the average Joe still get enjoyment out of the matchmaking? Or am I just gonna get steamrolled every match... Is the player base still solid, or is it dieing off.. Could use some insight as to whether Its still not a bad idea to jump on in, or if i should run the other direction.. Thanks!Wreaper6 Apr 23, 2014
Apr 23, 2014 Warhammer 40k discussion: Tyranid v Milky Way So I was having a talk with my friends about WH40K while we were preparing to play the table top army thing (I'm new to table top, so IDK if the army version is standard or if the RPG is standard) & It got into the whole "What if *insert race here* went into total war vs *insert race here*" & I learned when I first started playing (a few months ago) that the Tyranid are crazy OP & they have already taken countless galaxies, but I still thought the Milky Way had a chance against them. Every time I bring up a new point my friends just say "No, the Tyranid are literally an impossible force to beat when their in their entirety."; they said this even after I said what if every race perfectly unified under one flag, just until victory was achieved (I know this would never happen EVER, but its a hypothetical) & the Adeptus Mechanicus were given years to scour the galaxy & put together pieces of Dark Age of Technology tech (which was INSANLY OP) giving the entirety of the Imperium, Tau, Chaos, C'tan, Necrons, Orks, normal & dark Eldar, etc. to train & reproduce as much as possible. Also this is several years of 0 war to distract the religious sects of the Imperium from finding a way to resurrect the God-Emperor who from what I understand was powerful enough to take on all of the Daemon Gods & come out basically untouched. Heck, the Adeptus Mechanicus might even be able to figure out some stuff made by the Old Ones which wouldn't hurt in a war against the Tyranid. I mean if the Orks could be convinced to believe a giant mech exists which can destroy entire light-decades of space in seconds, the war would be over in minutes. Also the Tau can effectively fight Tyranid from what I understand, if given a few years to prepare the race who went from hitting sticks against stone to make fire to having the most powerful ranged in the galaxy in only 10,000 years, given a few years of no war would probably be able to set up a perimeter of massive guns around the Galaxy that could do a pretty good job of holding them back. Also they could just set massive mines all around the outer galaxy & turtle like crazy in the inner galaxy... I just really think in the extremely unlikely scenario that the entire Milky Way banded together against the entire Tyranid & were given a few years for the Tyranid to amass & move from their far away galaxies to the Milky Way, that at the very least it would be a lot closer of a fight than my friends are saying, what do you people think?Dolakajin0 Apr 23, 2014
Apr 21, 2014 The Xbox One and Kinect I did some research and I believe I found a true purpose for the Kinect instead of the silly voice commands and gestures. I know the audio is bad and I"m sorry....kind of new to the youtube thing. Let me know what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO3lT6-r3GESkyvortex0 Apr 21, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 TomTom GPS - 'StarCraft theme?' Hello. I recently purchased a TomTom ("4FE00 Start model"), and just found out a few days ago that you can CUSTOMIZE everything! You can customize the "harddrive icon" loaded when you use Windows to view the drive (pointless, but fun!). You can customize ALL the sounds (stoplight warning, photo-enforced light, destination arrival, boot up, reset, shut down, etc). You can also customize the start up, shut down, reset, and other images on the GPS (so many to list). You can EVEN customize and create and assign "shops" or "stores" (businesses!).. Like colleges or gas stations (they have their own unique image). My main question: Has ANYBODY EVER created (in all the history of TomTom GPS) a "StarCraft theme" or something similar, for the TomTom GPS? 'Cause I can't find one!!! It would be AWESOME if someone could create one. I already (manually, and pain-stakingly through Google) added a start-up and shut-down image (SC II fan art). It would be pretty fun to have a Protoss Zealot tell you, "Turn left: 500 yards!" (The distance is even customizable mind you!!). NO limitations. I could definitely imagine hearing a Dropship for a voice. "Five-by-five, we're in the drop (destination arrived)." I apologize if this is the incorrect section on the forums. I have not posted on Battle.net forums since 2002 or so. Thanks in advance (if anyone knows of a StarCraft theme for TomTom GPS)! :)Hyper0 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 will this laptop play SC2 and D3? http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V5-552P-X617-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen/dp/B00FS4UNG4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1397346821&sr=1-1&keywords=A10-5757M and also this one http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V5-552G-X852-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00FNPD1WG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1397347096&sr=1-1&keywords=A10-5757M+8750m is $90 more but seems to have a much better GPUJOHN1 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 Will these specs run ultra-extreme? Looking to buy a computer that can run sc 2 at ultra or even extreme :D This is a prebuilt computer: i7-3770/3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT630/2GB, Would I be able to play 4v4 at a comfortable fps?or even at all?SkiDragoon11 Apr 13, 2014
Apr 8, 2014 Starcraft Miniatures!!!! Does anyone know how I could get starcraft figurines? I really wish Blizzard would make some! I have a great idea for a miniature starcraft based tabletop game for me and my friends but I want real miniatures of all the units! Any ideas of how I could get some or someone who can make them for me that is affordable? I've found private sculptors but they charge upwards of $250 per figurine and I can't afford that, especially since I need 100 or more of them for my game! If anyone can help or also feels that starcraft miniatures, for a game or just collecting, would be a cool idea; please leave a response....Mnemnock0 Apr 8, 2014
Apr 8, 2014 Hawken It looks pretty cool. I can't pay for the bundle, but when it releases F2P, it looks like it's worth a shot.Doncroft1 Apr 8, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Keyboards and Mouse's/Mices Have you asked yourself "What Keyboard or Mouse should I buy?" Well there's very different things you should know about Keyboards Mouse's on what you should buy. Let's start off on Keyboards. Laptop "keyboards" have chiclet key switches which is unreliable playing Starcraft 2. If you were to play on Keyboards try and buy one of the keyboards I will be talking about down here. Most Starcraft users have Tower Computers, and tower computers require a mouse and keyboard. Keyboards that pro players use (and what I use) are Mechanical Keyboards. Mechanical keyboards are very reliable because it requires an amount of pressure for keyboards to be triggered from your finger. Not like the Chiclet keyboards they can be tapped a little bit and mess up your game in Starcraft 2. One of the keyboards that I use is that Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. The Razer Blackwidow Ultimate has 5 Macro Keys that can be used for far to reach keys! I use the Macro keys for using Camera Hotkey Locations for F5, F6, F7, etc.. Also the Blackwidow Ultimate has the Cherry MX Blue key switch which requires a heavy force for you to push down on the key although it's very accurate. But just be aware these high keyboards are very expensive usually costing around $100-200. An alternative keyboard I used in Gold League tournaments here in California is the CM Storm Quickfire costing you $90! The CM Storm Quickfire uses the Cherry MX Blue Key switch too! I would highly recommend using Cherry MX Blue because it gives a nice feel when the key clicks and gives a sort of good feeling that you know you're hitting keys. However it depends on what kind of person you like and what sound you want your Keyboard to sound like. There are also different Key switches which are: Cherry MX Black, Cherry MX Brown, Cherry MX Red, and Razer's Green Key switch. The differences of all these key switches are found here: http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/. From what I can tell you I can not tell you what Mouse you should get. Different people have different grips and for Me I have a claw grip. I use the Razer Taipan because it's cheap and designed for a claw grip and it can have 1200 DPI for my 1920 x 1080 screen. There's a mouse that's from Razer which can support all grips but comes costly and its name is Razer Naga epic which also has 10 programmable macro keys but cannot be used in Starcraft 2 because rules say that you can only use macro keys for far away keys. So it entirely depends on what kind of mouse you want but I would recommend any Razer product or SteelSeries products would be good! Good Luck and Have Fun with your Gear, own some Bronze League Players!Literal0 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Regarding stream [banners].. Hi, i've relatively recently started streaming and watching streams, and i noticed a lot of pro players have these banners hovering on the bottom of the stream which adds on a nice contour for people watching (you can see this on IdrA's stream for example). However, i've found nothing indicating as to how i could also do this. For reference, I use Open Broadcaster Software and stream on twitch.tv.RAINXAR0 Apr 1, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 GPU Temperatures on Ultra So I just finished building my rig for gaming and the first game I wanted to test out was SC2. My specs : i5 4670k (3.4GHz) Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB G Skill Ripjaws 8GB Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Samsung SSD 128 GB (mainly for OS and various programs) WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200 RPM When I was running SC2 on Ultra, the reported GPU temp was 80C on Speccy. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't get THAT hot but not completely sure. Then after alt-tabbing a few times, my system crashed, had something to do system32 according to WhoCrashed.sammy1 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 GM Zerg lvling to challenger in LoL http://www.twitch.tv/shadow216/ This game is a joke, the only hard part is getting lucky enough to not get intentional feeders and afks every game.Shadow0 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 29, 2014 Video Game Survey For one of my college classes I have to create a survey to use as my primary source in my research project about making a video game. The link provided is my survey and I would greatly apprecieate it if you could take a few minutes of your time to answer it. Thank you. http://bit.ly/1dGMXrRIamNerdy0 Mar 29, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Need helping picking out a mouse. I used to play a lot of SC2 and am getting back into it. I use a crappy stock HP mouse that came with an old PC of mine but am thinking about upgrading. Is it worth sinking some money into? Will there be a noticeable difference in the handling in game, and if so what mice are the best for their value?queequegg4 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Screen very dark but can see faint windows. I little bro's laptop as a broken computer screen. It wont light up but if I shine a flashlight to it, it still shows some stuff, but very faint. What is the reason for this?Greenyoshi0 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 Co-op RTS As we all know. Star Craft II is one of the best RTS/RPG's to ever reach the surface of gaming. There's a great storyline to the game continuing from Star Craft and SC: Brood War. Yet there's something lacking. Players love to play RTS games together. No strategy like a counter strategy, but playing against eachother isn't always fun. Clearly someone has to win. Yes, there is players vs bots, but that isn't quite the same as progressing through a storyline together. What I'd like to see is a co-op RTS campaign. Idea for Star Craft 3, maybe? We know it can be done. Does anyone else here agree?ExiledPrince4 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 Please help me I have looked everywhere to see if buying heart of the swarm also buys wings of liberty but can't find an answer will someone help me?MatiNG1 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 19, 2014 Java Game Programming Stream Hey guys, I've been programming as a hobby for several years now and am working on a project which a couple of friends I know will be helping out sooner or later. If you're interested in programming in general, please stop by! Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/epicmice The game graphic style is going to be 2d based on Nintendo's tiled top down style. The game will be a mashup between Zelda, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, so this stream should last a month or two. I will bump this thread with details of what I'll be working on too so you don't just jump in and see a bunch of code for 10 minutes. If you have any programming questions, please ask in the chat; however, I won't be helping people with their projects, but I can give some tips.SKYIINET1 Mar 19, 2014
Mar 18, 2014 [iOS] I'd like feedback on an iOS game I made Hey guys! Your friendly neighborhood ProtossLing err probuLing here! When I'm not busy trying to keep myself in GM, or staying in the general top NA 2v2 arranged team type of thing (you know, Starcraft related!) I've recently taken an interest in making iOS games with my friend and 2v2 partner. We just got our first iOS game onto the App Store today. I'd really appreciate it if you could give it a try and give any feedback or help out in any way, be it just downloading the game, or maybe telling others about it. Anything helps! You can find it on the App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id829289344?mt=8 We have another game that should be coming out later this week that should have quite a direct effect on your Starcraft playing agility! More on that to come. As a token of our appreciation for your help in our venture, I'll answer any questions Starcraft or whatever related that you might have! Just attach a screenshot of you playing the game and we can do some Q&A! Strategy wise, I'm probably strongest in PvZ/ZvP for 1v1 and playing on a PT team in 2v2, so those questions I would likely be more useful with. Thanks for your time!probuLing0 Mar 18, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 Stealth Game! So if you're any sort of huge fan of stealth games like Splinter Cell here is a link that was sent through my Splinter Cell skype group. http://www.projectstealthgame.com/ I am not sure if this game is released and if it is remember it just came out and yes, we know, it needs lots of work....BloodMagic0 Mar 14, 2014