General Discussion

Oct 14, 2011
VOTE: Best Terran Nerf Here are some of the most popular ideas people have suggested. First one you mention will count as your vote. Even if you want more than one of these to happen, you only get 1 vote so choose the most important one. EDITED to add MULE: i didnt have mule initially because even though its been frequently mentioned, theres no general consensus on what sort of change should happen to it. everyone seems to suggest their own idea for it. However due to popular demand i'll go ahead and add it, under general mule nerf. if you say anything about mule, that will count as your vote. in alphabetical order: -COMBAT SHIELD removed from the game (adds 10 hp to marines which start with 45) -EMP damage on shields reduced (currently does -100 to shields AND energy on all units in radius, cast from a range of 10. siege mode tank has range 13) -HELLION added gas cost (currently costs 100 minerals, 0 gas) -MULE NERF OF SOME TYPE (currently cost 50 energy from orbital command, no cooldown between casting as long as theres energy, can oversaturate minerals already being mined by scvs) -NO CHANGE (you dont feel its clear that terran has any racial advantage) nerf : -------------------- votes ----- 1v1 league of votes -------- =============================================== combat shield ----------------- 0 hellion --------------------------- 6 -------- 1 master, 1 plat, 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze EMP ------------------------------ 6 ------------ 2 master, 1 diamond, 2 plat, 1 silver MULE -----------------------------4 --------------2 gold, 1 silver, 1 unranked no change --------------------- 1 -------------1 master for me to keep track, last vote added: iNReno and a special place reserved here for Erras thoughts on terran : "Misanthropy is underrated." BabysOnFire35
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011
I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD! U R BRILLIANT!!! Hey Blizzard, you are the BEST!!!! I noticed you took the initiative to fix the Terran OP issue. You are extremely creative. What I noticed is 97% of my match are against either Zerg or Protoss, which leaves only 3% against Terran. Thus I am suspecting Blizzard changed the match making system. Allow Zerg and Protoss fight each other and Terran keep on fighting each other. I think this is the best solution for now. Way to think outside of the box. Until HoTS is out there is nothing Blizzard can do. Everyone knows Terran OP problem cannot be resolved without new units, and they for sure will not put in new unit through just update patches. They can only put new units through next expansion. I am EXTREMELY happy now when I play SC2, because I feel Zerg and Protoss are both at same development stage, which is very underdeveloped comparing to Terran. So Blizzard decide to match “developed” with “developed” and “undeveloped” with “undeveloped”. If you are experiencing the same thing in Master or Diamond level in terms of match making, please post and let us know this is true. PS. Blizzard! If my suspicions are true, can you please keep this being implemented? I think this is the best solution for the game now. Every time I play, I pray on my loading screen I don’t see Terran. And it feels REALLY good that I haven’t seen Terran too often now. Good job!!! You are the BEST! I will continue to support you and buy Diablo 3 and HoTS! Kiar3
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011
StarCraft Art of War - Warp Prism Strategy, tactics, and skill. At the heart of StarCraft II are the legion of skilled tacticians and brilliant strategists leading armies of zerg, protoss, and terrans to war across the scarred battlefields of the Koprulu Sector. Knowledge is power; the greatest commanders throughout history earned their victories not merely by virtue of strategic brilliance, but also by applying themselves to rigorous study of warfare and the tactics used by those who fought before them. You too can tap into this valuable resource, and that’s where StarCraft Art of War comes in. Are you a veteran player? Are you new to StarCraft II and striving to improve your skills? In this weekly feature, we invite players of all skill levels to ask questions, share their tactics, post replays, and provide advice for understanding and defeating today’s most popular units or strategies. This week, we’re analyzing: Warp Prism. As protoss, how have you made use of Warp Prisms since the 1.4 changes? When playing versus protoss (as any race), how have the changes to this unit affected your play? Art of War Rules: Stick to the rules. All posts should abide by the forum code of conduct and the Art of War guidelines. Feel free to disagree with each other, but please do so respectfully. When you express opposing opinions, focus on the idea, not its author, their record, or perceived skill level. Be constructive. The purpose of this thread is to share effective tactics and strategies; to adapt, overcome and become a better player. Claiming that a unit or strategy is overpowered isn’t conducive to learning better play and tends to just derail the discussion. No soapboxes, please. This thread is for the community to discuss strategies and tactics amongst themselves, not to push individual opinions about game balance or design. Please limit conjecture. Theorycrafting definitely has its place, but it’s best to keep the discussion focused, on-topic and practical. Important: Please provide explanations and be prepared to provide evidence. These threads exist to elevate the level of strategic discussion on the forums. When appropriate, please provide replays illustrating tactics or techniques you believe to be effective. When using videos or replays please post time stamps to help direct people to the specific points in the action in which you’re referring. Ask questions! These threads aren’t just for experienced players, but also players who are learning the ropes or want to improve their skills. Daxxarri143
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011
Worst Game of My Life After a long hiatus from 1v1s on my SC2 account, I decided to go back today and play some 1v1s instead of those mindless 3v3 games that I've recently been playing a lot of. The last game I played today was against a Terran named Lionheart on the map Nezarim Crypt, and this game was, safe to say, the worst facerolling I've ever experienced in my life. There are games I play when, say, a Terran goes Marine/Tank, and I lose because of bad positioning and stuff like that, and I end up getting facerolled as well. But for games like those, I often exit the game feeling like I made the critical mistakes and so it doesn't stick to my mind. This game, however, will probably be engrained in my mind for a while. Not just because I got facerolled, but because it felt like I couldn't do anything to prevent it. Now of course, I'm not coming here to the forums to QQ and say "ugh, Terran OP." What I came to these forums for is to ask anyone if they could help me explain how I could have changed the outcome of the game, if it was possible to. Here's the replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/14323 -The first thing I noticed when I watched the replay was that he built an Engineering Bay very early at my expo. My initial reaction was to send a bunch of drones down the ramp to prevent the Bay from being built, but like I had experienced before, most Terrans don't complete that building. They usually build it halfway and leave it there, forcing me to build lings to destroy it. Hence the reason I didn't take workers off the mineral line. I'm not sure if this is the main reason I lost, or if it was preventable. -Secondly, I built an early Baneling Nest and Evo Chamber in case of either a 2Rax or an early Banshee attack. I was relatively sure he wouldn't get Banshees because I didn't scout 2 early Refineries, but I built the Evo Chamber anyway just in case. -Once I saw Hellions, I began to make Spines, but because of how fast Hellions move, and how slow Spine Crawlers get built, the Spine Crawlers didn't help. I tried to make Banelings for the Marines, but they all got roasted mid-morph from the Hellions. He quickly took out my base while I had to block the ramp with my 2 Queens. I was hesitant to build Roaches early because of how bad my economy was, and how building Roaches off one-base almost always leads to a one-base all-in (which, against Terran, fails miserably with one Bunker). -Because of the delayed Hatchery + destruction of my natural, I had very little economy to efficiently defend against the Terran's first all-in. It was only four or five minutes later when I finally started to stand up again when he pushed with an enormous army of Tanks, Hellions, Thors and Marines, and the rest of the game was not pretty. TL;DR: Terran built Engineering Bay at my natural, which delayed my Hatchery and forced me to go early Lings. He countered that by going Hellions. I opted for Banelings instead of Roaches because I felt it was a bit more economical off (essentially) 1 and a half bases because going early Roaches as Zerg almost always forces an all-in, which, against Terran, sucks. After killing my natural, I tried to gain my ground by going Ling/Muta, but since the Terran had 2x my economy, and 2x the production capabilities, I got utterly destroyed in the end. Again, I want to stress that I haven't come here simply to QQ, which, given the reputation of the forums, I'm bound to be accused of. I obviously made mistakes during this game, but after watching the replay several times, I just feel like there wasn't much I really could do. I want to thank you guys for reading my thread and watching the replay, and would appreciate any advice or feedback. TonberryBleu21
Oct 14, 2011
It's been 1yr, 3mths, why is there no... Comprehensive Building Page? The only thing that I have been waiting for is a building page that explicitly descibes what each building does, what it can research, how it is built, where it can be built (creep vs pylon zone vs anywhere), how many hitpoints and armor, shields, etc. etc.... Websites [pictures] are worth a thousand forum threads...so let me show you want I want from the old school: http://classic.battle.net/scc/terran/bbuild.shtml http://classic.battle.net/scc/protoss/bbuild.shtml http://classic.battle.net/scc/zerg/bbuild.shtml And yeah, yeah, so we have an SC2 building-tree that shows what each building allows, but where's the detail for each and every building??? And don't worry, I know the school of thought that goes something like this: Why don't you just play the game to find out on your own what everything does? Besides, if we leak too much detail, then too many people might become experts and we certainly have way too many of those already. PLAY THE GAME TO FIND OUT, or go create your own thread/or website that has all of this, to your own competitive edge's detrimate. Well, this argument holds NO WATER for me...I am a reference book type, I like to look things up, and I also don't care to be author of reference books. And obviously Blizzard has been capable in the past of publishing detailed information of their buildings before (above CLASSIC website links) An excuse like, "Sorry we just have not gotten to it yet" will actually suffice to me. At least they are acknowledging it. Bruticus9
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011