Editor Discussion

Dec 15, 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read! Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the Forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Cloaken0 Dec 15, 2012
Jul 30 Beginner Map-Making Tutorial Videos Hi, DeltronLive has made Video Tutorials of the mapmaking tutorials Blizzard created in 2011. Deltron's videos uses the current version of the editor. Quote from Deltron: I made a video series to complement these written tutorials using the most current patch of the editor (as of this post). You can check it out here (Beginner Map Making Tutorial Video Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlC8YfRpYfL1I2S6uUAHY8b_1GBaamF8A). I cover the Terrain, Triggers, and Data modules. Please like and this would be good to stickYClover7 Jul 30
Jan 26, 2014 Mapping Tutorial & Resource Archive MAPPING TUTORIAL & RESOURCE ARCHIVE __________________________________________________________________________________ This thread is a collection of quality tutorials and resources for creating custom content within the StarCraft 2 Galaxy Editor. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to constistently check every single source listed below. I will do my best to update it with information I discover on my own, but the majority of the work lies on you to pass along anything you feel belongs on this list. That includes helping me remove outdated or redundant links. Post theses suggestions/reports below and, after verifying them, I will add/remove/update the link. This thread is NOT for questions. __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- INDEX 1) ASSETS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#2 2) TERRAIN - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#3 3) TRIGGERS (GALAXY SCRIPT) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#4 4) DATA (XML CODING) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#5 5) MISCELLANEOUS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#6 __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION You will quickly discover that nearly every link (as of posting this) directs you to SC2Mapster. I happen to "live" at Mapster so I really only know what Mapster has to offer. If you frequent other sites with useful information, don't hesitate to post them! Just keep in mind that I'll check them out before adding the link. If a site contains inappropriate content, I'll shy away from it. Keep your sources work safe :D It is important to understand that I won't add every suggested link just becauses it exists. If I find that two links show very similars ways of creating really big explosions, I'll opt for whichever is clearer/easier to understand. Alternatively, I may keep redundant information if there is a good reason for it. A perfect example being how to achieve a certain task in multiple modelling or graphic design programs. In that case, not everyone uses the same program, so it helps to address all platforms. Regardless, if I choose not to add/remove/update a link per a posted suggestion, I'll explain why. Lastly, if you did not create the linked source, make sure the person who did is okay with you sharing it. I don't want to see models ripped from a private forum thrown in here. I WILL honor the requests of those who wish their work to remain private by removing links. The fastest way to contact me is through Mapster: sc2mapster.com/profiles/ProzaicMuze/ProzaicMuze18 Jan 26, 2014
1h Create unit for every Building type How do you make it where Create 2 Zerglings for Every Spawning pool owned by player 1 Creating a game like Desert Strike but different. Any help please and thank you. Spent 6hrs trying out triggers and cant seem to get anything to work or count units ect.BlazinJay5 1h
3h SCII Editor: Suggestions & Improvements Thread While we’re constantly improving the tools for our own uses as well as coming up with tools and systems to benefit the community, there are often times when we may miss out on some great ideas coming from all of you – the community. There are many of you who have been using the tools since the Wings of Liberty Beta, many of you who have started checking out the editor with the release of 1.5.0 and the arcade, and a lot of you who have picked up the Starcraft 2 Editor at some point in-between. I’m sure that there’s often been times when you’ve thought to yourself “I really wish that the editor had this one additional feature – it would be awesome”, or “If only I didn’t have to do these actions repeatedly, it would save me a ton of time”. These things are the kinds of information that we’re looking for to help make your lives easier, better, and more awesome. I want to stress though, that this is for suggestions and improvements to the editor only – any posts about bugs, “how to”, the game, or anything otherwise viewed as off-topic will be removed. In order to get the most from your post, here are a few simple guidelines: Explain your suggestion as clearly and concisely as you can. If you can cite concrete examples of how it impacts you or how the fix would benefit not just you but the community, please include this. If you can cite metrics (ie measured time amounts for tasks, the amount of steps that an action takes, etc), please include these, as it will help to give us a better idea of the issue at hand. The more specific you are the better – if you are able to provide actionable examples rather than vague explanations, this will help us more quickly understand the core issues at hand. 2 theoretical examples: “I primarily work in the trigger editor, which means that I end up having to add a large number of actions on a regular basis. I find that whenever I add a new action, I have to click in the “Find:” field, then enter my search query. If the “Find:” field was given focus initially rather than having to click there each time I added a new action, this would save me quite a bit of time in how I work.” “I would really love to be able to re-arrange my terrain textures while painting terrain via a drag and drop mechanism. Often times when I’m painting terrain textures, I find that I end up using different textures together in different areas of a map. If I could re-arrange these without having to open the “Map Textures” menu, this would be great!” We look forward to hearing what you come up with! Edit: For those of you in the EU: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5116951946#1Deletarius219 3h
10h Copy Terrain from one Map to Another hello, having 2 people work on the same map is so annoying currently. The editor merge feature is not able to merge anything. it's so limited that even considering the use of it is a waste of time. My terrainer worked on the terrain whereas i was working on data/triggers. Can anybody tell me which parts of a map (if saved as components) need to be copied in order to copy the terrain ( i tried all t3... + objects + 3x cell files)FunkyUserNam1 10h
10h Warp two things at once (Supplicant related) Has anyone had any luck duplicating this ability and porting it to another mod? I spent 4 hours just trying to get it to work, copying the XML over, looking for any unknowns in case I miss any, found the hidden actors that start with OpS[something] that related to the placement preview...and all I can get is warp placement working, a 0.1s start of the warp and then it refunds 150minerals. it plays the sound. but somehow the two units do not spawn.FreezingRain2 10h
1d disable simplified command panel on a unit Hello, i have the exact same question as in this post, plz help ! http://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/13816231554?page=1MrRemy4 1d
1d Looking for map editor team. I'm looking to create a awesome game with few skilled map makers I don't have the know how of making one however I have some really awesome idea's that would be top 10 list of games easily. If anyone is interested in working with me please message here and my email is masterxexe1@yahoo.com Thanks.Masterxexe0 1d
1d Allied Commanders mod bugged / incomplete? Hey all, I know that Co-op Missions are popular, but some of us would like to use these unique Commanders / factions in multiplayer even though we understand that they aren't balanced for player-versus-player. I'm trying to use the Allied Commanders extension mod to bring the commanders / unique factions of StarCraft II to standard player-versus-player maps. While I've gotten reasonably far in setting up Alarak and Artanis, I've noticed that some abilities and research seem to be completely broken or absent from the mod. Some research, such as the "Phasing Armor" for Slayers, will appear in the "Death Council" properly as research; however, the "Phasing Armor" ability does not appear in the Slayer's command card in-game (it's supposed to be there even when it's greyed out and you haven't yet researched the ability) and still doesn't appear after being researched. Furthermore; for example, the "Dark Protoss" upgrade that makes all of your Protoss entities adopt the Tal'darim colour and design scheme is not affecting the "Templar Archives / Ascendant Archives", the "Twilight Council / Death Council", or the transformation from the "Gateway" to the "Warp Gate" and back. These aforementioned building merely retain their standard Protoss design and I have no idea how to fix them. This is why I wish Blizzard would just release an official extension mod to let us use our purchased / available Commanders on standard multiplayer maps. We have Archon mode, so why not give us Commander mode? We have so many awesome factions within the three playable races, yet we only get a taste of playing as them in a single-player campaign or a cooperative campaign spin off mode. Furthermore, why would you even allow us to load up the Allied Commanders extension mod in the editor with most of the data being unlinked / broken? It doesn't help that the "Galaxy Editor" is far from being an efficient tool to use.Deathborn2 1d
1d Moving Platforms Hey all, So I am playing around with the terrain editor, I think I got the basics figured out for the most part, but I was wondering about one thing. I have noticed in a few different arcade games people have terrain that move on the map, like a floating platforms that players can build structures on. Some are even clickable, have life, and are player controllable. Any idea how this is done? If it is possible, will I have trouble with using multiple texture sets on the map I want to do this with?Zergkilla5 1d
2d (Editor) Launch Missile Effect Issues So, since patch 3.0.0 (LotV release) "Transfer Behavior" via launch missile effect doesn't appear to work. Setting that flag "On" makes it so launch basicaly doesn't happen at all. It was working in Swarm however. Return Movers of Launch Missile effect behaves odd. If the caster is on move while missile is returning the speed of missile gets decreased drasticaly without any reason (the Return Mover set to default guidance type with a constant speed) Launch Missile effect producing some error messages when used on target point more in these topics: https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/data/129650-missile-impact-error/#p10. https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/data/85923-missile-target-below-ground/CoolStories0 2d
2d Editor Randomly Adding Mods to my maps I have a huge problem. I love creating melee maps. The problem is that lately when I upload them they work fine...then after they are played once there is suddenly a mod attached to them. Every map has a different mod, so it is completely random. I don't use mods with my maps at all. Is it possible an update changed my settings? Anyway, I just want my maps to be listed without any mods attached and I don't know how to fix the issue. Can anyone help? Search "Bonzai" to see my maps ingame under custom. You'll see what I mean. I never once intentionally added any mods.PeteDutcher6 2d
3d Selection, Translate, Delete Issue Currently, I am able to place units, doodads, points, and regions. While in selection mode, I am unable to select any of these objects to translate or delete them. Units Example After placing a unit, I am unable to select it in the view-port. When I select it using the UI Panel, the only available options are: "View Location" "Show In Editor" and "Modify Groups..." Regions Example After creating a region, I am not able to translate or scale them. I cannot modify their properties to create additive/subtract parts. The only available options here are: "View Location" and "Show In Editor" Any amount of help would be greatly appreciated. I have multiple maps currently being worked on and am unable to do anymore development due to this issue.CaptureKarma2 3d
3d Unit Selection Problem I have a very simple, very annoying, problem with one map I've been working on. I have 2 units in question: 1. Worker unit 2. Wall (structure) Whenever I click and drag to select units, and both units are in the select area, I end up selecting the Walls, but not the Worker. I would like it to do the opposite (select the Worker, but not the Walls). I have no idea why this would be, as in all other cases a click-and-drag will select units in preference over structures. If anyone has an Idea as to what might be causing this, I would greatly appreciate your help.EatsHumans2 3d
3d Starcraft 2 galactic conquest? Would it be possible to add a system as like in total war and merge it with starcraft? Something as like star wars empire at war had but with economy and power ups, what do you guys think http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/13/12283/Galactic_Map.JPGVictor1 3d
4d Judging if a map is IMBA by observation I recently started creating StarCraft II maps for fun after making Warcraft III maps for fun but realizing that Warcraft is outdated. My problem is judging what features on a 1v1 melee map are balanced or unbalanced. What I am asking is are: 4 outside paths to the third base Multiple "holes" in the map etc.unbalanced? And if they are, towards what race?Giwl1 4d
4d Making multiple units behave as one? For example, if I wanted to have 20 Footmen move/attack in unison and in formation, similar to a unit in Total War, would that be possible?martyback7 4d
6d How do zoom in and out without a mouse wheel? My scroll broke a few days ago, but I still want to make some maps in SC2 Editor and not being able to zoom is starting to annoy me.Giwl4 6d
6d Updated Art Tools Hey Blizzard, Is there any word on updated art tools?Shinzaku1 6d
Sep 22 How to change layout interface of a race? you make a 4th race, lets call it orcs and it was coped from protoss. How do you change the ui lauout to that of warcraft?FreezingRain3 Sep 22
Sep 21 Mac Editor Problems I don't know if Blizzard is even aware of all of the issues plaguing the Mac editor. Here are some notable ones: General: Many keyboard shortcuts aren't listed correctly in the menus. E.g. the keyboard shortcut for File->Test Document is CMD+F9 but is shown as FN+F9. Also, it seems that some default keyboard shortcuts are conflicting with each other, such as File->Test Document and Modules->Import, or View->View Selection->View In Overview Manager and View->View Selection->View In Data Editor. General: Editing text in different places such as custom script fields, trigger hint text fields, trigger parameter/variable text fields, and the UI module's XML editor is hugely complicated because every time you type a quotation mark it is automatically and immediately replaced with a different kind of quotation mark that causes an error of some kind. Attempting to save a map with this character anywhere in an XML file may cause further corruption that has to be cleaned up manually by fixing any messed up tags and pasting the correct quotation mark character instead of typing it wherever it is needed. Furthermore, when editing parameter/variable text in the Triggers module copy & pasting is disabled, so it has to be done through the Text module. General: The "Messages" window pops up all of the time with random junk and cannot be closed with CMD+W like any other normal window. It is extremely irritating. General: Toolbar buttons often don't display tooltips. This is especially problematic in the data module where the icons are so poorly designed that it is difficult to tell which button does what. General: Certain UI elements are horribly broken because they behave as if they were in a different location on the screen, including: changing the rotation of units or doodads or the pitch, roll or yaw of camera objects using the disc gizmo in the Terrain module; painting footprints in the Data module; the 3D manipulators; and the timeline scrubber in the Cutscene Editor. Test Document: Gameplay, input and hotkey settings are lost every restart. Test Document: The trigger debug window doesn't appear anymore. Triggers Module: Collapsed action groups constantly become expanded on their own while working on a map, making the feature virtually useless. Triggers Module: Custom grammar text doesn't work anymore. Data Module: We can't close tabs without first switching to them, right-clicking on a tab and choosing "Close Tab". This is a PITA because switching tabs is so slow. Data Module: Enabling View->View Raw Data causes the field table to scroll to the top and select the first field, making it difficult to find the field you were looking at again. Data Module: Modifying fields from standard dependencies and then choosing Edit->Undo doesn't change the color of the field name/value from green back to blue. The same sometimes happens when right-clicking on a field and choosing "Reset To Parent Value". The same applies when trying to reset entire objects. Data Module: Sometimes selecting an object in the object list or in the object explorer (especially) causes the field table to blank. Data Module: With View->View Raw Data enabled, clicking on a field value to edit it and then clicking outside of the text box sets the field value to "" (nothing) instead of confirming the change as in every other native Mac app. Data Module: Some actor event terms (e.g. AnimBaselineState, ValidateUnit) randomly disappear from the dropdown menu. UI Module: Frequent, random crashing. UI Module: XML changes in layout files are randomly reverted and don't show up until reopening the map. It is bad enough that the editor is a vastly complex tool to create complex systems within a complex game engine and comes without any form of official documentation, has very few and often unhelpful/incomplete/inaccurate tooltips and hints and has very few community-based resources. Sites like SC2Mapster.com have existed since the release of Wings of Liberty and yet have still very incomplete documentation. Please, at least fix these egregious bugs. Please, at least pretend like you care about the map-making community and Mac users in particular. Please, don't let this amazing piece of software fall further and further into disrepair. You've invested so much time and effort into bringing the editor to the Mac, why let it slip into obscurity now when you could still save it with comparatively little effort? Just hire a talented programmer dedicated to maintaining the Mac version of the SCII editor. Just one guy or girl. This is my last plea...hawk34 Sep 21
Sep 21 Impact Terrain Squib Map I found this section in the Action actor, I want to change the impact explosion depending on the terrain it lands on (water splash or dirt explosion) The problem is, the "Terrain Material" option in this map doesn't seem to be editable at all, it doesn't appear when I double click it. I can change all the other options except that. Anyone know how to fix this or how it works?Echo0 Sep 21
Sep 21 Soundtrack Stutter Hello, I've recently imported an .ogg sound file to my map, but when at battle with enemies it either stutters or shuts off until the fighting stops. Is there a way to fix this or what appears to be the problem?DeathBringer0 Sep 21
Sep 20 archon model scale Hey all, anyone run into this, I have almost finished my first map. Everything is scaled slightly and working great, except for the archon. I duplicated the archon (its actor and model, and model death. When scaling units I just do art scale min and max. That worked with every unit so far, except archon. I tried art radius as well, but the archon just wont get smaller. Hes bein stubborn.Zergkilla3 Sep 20
Sep 20 How to add Splash Damge without 2x on target If you add the area with the intent to do splash damage the target will have 2x the damage on the targeted unit while all nearby units have the desired damage. The fix to this is to under "exclude" (which text may be greyed out) is to add the thing and set value to target.FreezingRain1 Sep 20
Sep 20 [Suggestion] Bile Launcher, Zagara- Coop The Bile Launcher is a defensive structure unlocked at level 5 in Zagara Coop. There have been a few people asking about how to use this building in the forums, but the general response from the community is to ignore it and pretend like it doesn't exist. However, I would like to see this unit improved as it is the only entity Commander Zagara has access to that can attack both ground and air units (beside her own auto attack). Draw backs include: No auto attack (you must select the building, push a hotkey, aim and fire) No auto bombardment (in HotS you could tell this building to continually attack a specific spot) Slow Attack Animation (most of the time the building is dead before it can actually fire) No 'uproot' function (creep limits where you can place this structure and you cannot preposition it like other defensive Zerg structures) Ways to Improve this unit: Add auto attack or auto bombardment Allow Uproot OR, add an additional utility of some sort like a Nydus Network function or a Baneling Bunker function where you load Banelings that auto deploy when structure is attacked. Thanks for reading and thank you for any tips you may have regarding the existing use of this unit.Rumblegut16 Sep 20
Sep 17 Map info new problems Hi, This post is more about the ingame "Map info" panel than the Editor itself. -Since a recent patch, all texts displayed as bullets in "How to play" and "Patch notes" tabs are polluted by "<ul indent="2" text="*"><li>text</li></ul>" text. -Since a recent patch, the screenshots in "How to play" tab can't be zoomed, and then it's very hard to see on what the creator wanted to make people focus at. (what's very strange for a "How to play" tab...) Thank you. Danicela PS : I'm french so some texts labels may be inaccurate.Danicela0 Sep 17
Sep 16 Blizzard Warcraft 3 Data Mod Bug I'd say the vast majority of the time when i try to open my map, it does not matter what war3 data mod version i am using (dependent on) , over 90% of the time it always fails to load. Its very annoying having to continuously try 10 times or more to open my map. What is the issue blizzard? Why doesn't it always load properly?Incinerate6 Sep 16
Sep 14 Extension Mod for Resource Auto-Transfer In another part of the forums I suggested a lobby handicap option that would automatically transfer resources. This would allow me to play with my eight-year-old son. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20748945622#1 Someone replied that this would be an easy Extension Mod. 1. Is that true? 2. Where would I go to learn where to make such a thing? Or commission someone else to do it for me? Thanks!davidvs2 Sep 14
Sep 14 Help! Summoning spell Data Editor Hey guys, Trying to create a spell that summons skeletons (similar to but slightly different than the Necromancer skill from WC3). I have it set up as an instant skill connected to my caster, so the skeleton(s) should be summoned at him, and they are. My problem occurs when I press the summon button. The summon count in the data editor is set to summon 2 skeletons but it seems to summon however many it wants within a radius around him (seems to be maximum range that is set for the ability on the data editor). If anyone could make some suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks!Pinxx4 Sep 14
Sep 14 STOP UNDOCUMENTED CHANGES PLEASE TLDR: Please consider expanding your patch notes in the future about changes regarding the replay api or the assets if at all possible. Thank you. Dear Blizzard Team, as one of the leading mappers for our beloved Arcade I must tell you that your recent patches (basically since LOTV launch) have all been hell to deal with. They -ALWAYS- change the replay API which causes all custom maps which use the replay api (like Crap Patrol 2/CP2 Official) to malfunction for a couple days. You change or replace models and sounds AT RANDOM to make whole abilities and units disfunctional or wierd looking. If there is only one field you forgot to duplicate and set properly, your whole map might be busted. Worst of all: NOTHING OF THIS IS IN THE CHANGELOG! You write about every miniscule detail of every meaningless sh!t in every other game, but the SC2 patch notes regarding the editor are a joke. I know there is no official editor support and yada yada yada, but couldn't you at least try and make a small mention at the end of the patch notes that one of your brainless interns randomly fiddled with some of your assets please? I know this wasn't the nicest of tones, but it is increasingly frustrating to work with a community and the live arcade servers. I love my playerbase and they love my maps and I'd like to keep it that way by providing features, support and patchnotes your dev team can only dream about (which is kinda ironic).BlacKcuD1 Sep 14
Sep 13 [UI] Add Desc w/ same name as existing child While editing Heroes of the Storm's UI (build 20.0.46158), I ran into this potential bug/problem: SC2 Editor's error message: ... UI xml (editing Heroes of the Storm's UI): Line 1234's changes are not executed. ... I am attempting to edit the properties of a frame that was created in another template. But the engine/parser somehow wants to create a new frame instead of editing the already created frame, it seems. GreyThePirate recently encountered the identical problem in StarCraft II.Ahli1 Sep 13
Sep 13 Looking to Hire I'm in need of somebody that knows how to work on the galaxy editor for a custom campaign (https://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-2-redux-hots-mission-1/) I need someone who can do starcraft 1 style briefing scenes and program triggers. Maps are ready. I have plans for 3 campaigns (12 missions each) and can pay currently $25 per mission,plus an extra $100 when complete, but I am willing to negotiate. e-mail me you're interested and we can discuss what I need done. juliosousa66@aol.com $1000 for 36 missionsScuro0 Sep 13
Sep 11 Editor book? I was searching online and can't find a sc mapeditor book to help teach you the software. There was one book on amazon, but it's been taking off. Are we not allow to create a guide book and sale it due to copyright information? I must know.MOTHBALLS7 Sep 11
Sep 9 Attack lines when right-clicking I recently returned to SC2 and noticed that if I right clic on an enemy unit, the sound played is the Yes sound, instead of the Attack sound as in Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm. Only if I attack move on a unit will I hear the Attack sounds. Is it a bug? Does anyone have a clue on how to revert this in the editor? I assumed there was some sort of switch in the Attack command, but couldn't find it.Telenil0 Sep 9
Sep 6 [Bug] banks and extension mods Banks are unable to be preloaded in extension mods. You can still create banks and write/read data to/from them, however without the ability to preload banks existing banks are simply erased when you try to open them. there is no way to actually use banks for what they are intended - creating persistent data that lasts between games. This is a HUGE set back for many people and an insurmountable roadblock to any more complex (and way cooler) extension mods. For the record I have tried preloading banks in the GUI trigger module, including them in the mod-preload info-banks section and manually editing both the "Preload.xml" and banklist.xml files in the import editor. None of the above work. Basically this prevents any kind of build order tester mods, macro trainer mods, any kind of map where units are persistent across games such as any kind of large RPG with different maps, hero units which carry over between games, maps which track ELO scores, mechanics practicing maps... and that's only the ones that I could think up in 10 minutes, who knows what great ideas others will have that will never be able to be produced due to this bug. with this current bug the community is stuck where we were before, making identical coppies of existing maps and adding the mod file to it and publishing it again as a mod. I don't have to go into all the problems with that, as it is the reason extension mods were created in the first place. Thanks, Turtles.turtles22 Sep 6
Sep 6 Primal Ultralisk Idle Sound Removal Basically as the title implies, I wish to remove the kind of boar-pig idle sound the Primal Ultralisk has. I've checked the sound part of it, but couldn't find it anywhere. All assistance regarding this would be greatly appreciated! If I'm unclear, (which honestly I suck at explaining things) then you can easily start up a new map, place down the Primal Ultralisk unit, and listen. It repeats it's idle sound quite a lot. I probably wouldn't mind it if it didn't repeat it's idle sound so frequently. So if you know how to slow it down, I wouldn't mind knowing that too for the future!Dymetreus1 Sep 6
Sep 6 Poker Defense! Hi, i was curious if there is a way we can actually edit a map that is not available to the public, since the makers have stopped working on it. For example POKER DEFENSE, there is still a large number of players that play it but no way to edit...any help would be appreciated.DarkLord1 Sep 6
Sep 5 Attack wave Waypoint delays. I've been trying to make a BvB tug of war segment between computers inspired by WoL's Breakout mission. One thing I've noticed is that, when playing that mission, there was no delay between attack waves, but every time I try and do this on my map, the units get stuck, like, they must gather and wait a bit at the waypoint before moving forward. How do I fix that delay, removing or at least shortening it?GaiusOctavia1 Sep 5
Sep 5 Star Battle X Ok this is going to get lost in all of the above and what's to come, so this will be step one. Problem: Arcade Game > Star battle X! Voids and there abilities. Now how do you destroy a ship you can't catch and can't see? They're blink will allow them to distance themselves out of combat from any ship. They're cloak will make them impossible to see or fire at for all but one ship. Income (earned) will force that one ship "BC" to spend all or more income then they can afford on scan, scan upgrade (regeneration), and "Lockdown" Without that one ship (BC) all ships have (NO) way of destroying a void. I have played well over a thousand games. To even the score board voids must loose the cloak ability. Now if compelled to put something in their pocket for "equality" purposes (which isn't necessary) add extra shield. Any other add on may very well put the void back to an advantage over every ship. Thank you for reading - ArgyleArgyle0 Sep 5
Aug 31 Atrosis Pylons! I really want to make an Artosis Pylon unit! Of course, I have no idea how to make this happen. For those who don't know, an Artosis Pylon is lone Pylon powering all surrounding structures. What I would like to do is have a Pylon named an Artosis Pylon IF it is the only Pylon powering all surrounding structures otherwise if there are two or more Pylons powering surrounding structures they would just be called a Pylon. Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.WIZZARD2 Aug 31
Aug 28 SC1 MTG magus/flike neo/enigma Is anybody interested in helping me reboot this genre? I have a few people willing to donate $$ (myself included) as well as help play test and various trigger workGencab0 Aug 28
Aug 28 @Blizz: Release Co-op Maps / Triggers? There currently seems to be no way to access the Co-op Mission maps or view the triggers used to set up commanders for the Co-op Mission mode. I want to use the commanders, as they are in Co-op Missions, in standard (well, custom) multiplayer games. I'm well aware they're not balanced for PvP, but they would be awesome to use with friends and whatnot. The "Allied Commanders" extension mod, while containing all of the unit, ability and research data and so on, seems to contain useless commander selection and commander level values that don't do anything. Via triggers, if I set my commander to the predefined value "Artanis" and set my level to 15, absolutely nothing happens when I run the extension mod ~ there are no changes. When creating a custom extension mod using the Allied Commanders dependency, is there no way to setup the commanders without having to do absolutely everything from scratch (for example, create some sort of in-game dialog with commander names and then adjust units, building, abilities and research based on a player's selection [which is what I'm doing for now until I find an alternative solution])? A somewhat official commanders extension mod or the release of the commander setup triggers would be great, considering that the Allied Commanders extension mod is a massive unorganized and unfinished mess without having access to whatever setup Blizzard uses to get them going nicely in the Co-op Missions mode.Deathborn0 Aug 28
Aug 28 Maps gone? All my maps I have been working on just are not there anymore?Zergkilla2 Aug 28
Aug 28 How to make a Micro Bot I would like to make a micro bot for SC2 as a sort of fun project. Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUOWXidcY0 Does anyone know how that was created? Was it just the Galaxy Editor that they used? How was the code to control the marines injected?Titan2 Aug 28
Aug 28 Map Creating = Programmer experience? Hello, I just started college to take the journey into software development and programming. I wanted to ask will making SC2 maps improve my skills on being a programmer, or is it something totally different that doesn't apply to programming?Mystical4 Aug 28
Aug 23 Default Upgrade Levels I searched the forums and actually saw multiple posts about this very topic, but trying to view any of them led to a 404 error for no apparent reason, so I apologize for creating a new thread about old hat. I'm creating a map that depends upon upgrades being given to the enemies in certain areas to make it a little harder as you progress, but I'm having a hard time finding out how to set a unit to a region and set it's upgrade level at map initialization. I also have a ton of other miscellaneous questions, if there are any pro editors that have the time to let me pick their brain. Custom AI experts would be especially useful to my endeavor. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.BigDonRob13 Aug 23
Aug 19 Unit has to many abilities error Hey all, I didn't think it was possible, but I managed it lol. I have a terran carrier unit that has multiple docking bay sub menus. So the wraith docking bay button in the command card will open a submenu with 12 wraith docking bay abilities that can be on auto cast with cooldowns. These abilities trigger triggers that spawn wraiths when used. Everything is working great, but I am getting starport (the modded unit) has to many abilities error. I am not even close to done modding it, but if everything works can I ignore the error, or am I asking to much of this unit?Zergkilla5 Aug 19
Aug 19 [Help] Auto-cast Hi How can I make a capacity auto-cast ? Thanks.Azoth1 Aug 19