Editor Discussion

Feb 25 Feb 18 Feb 15 Feb 13 Feb 13 Feb 11 Feb 11 Feb 9 Feb 6 Feb 6 Feb 6
[MacEditor] Can't publish map with screenshot Hi, I am using Mac OS X El Capitan and I can't publish maps with screenshots. I can publish my map when I don't have any screenshots in there. Warnings shown in the "Messages - Starcraft 2 Editor": [11/10/2015 2:10:10 PM] Warning: Document aliases could not be accessed: CLIENTSIDECACHE_READ_BAD_HASH [11/10/2015 2:10:10 PM] Warning: Document aliases could not be accessed: CLIENTSIDECACHE_LOAD_UNABLE_TO_OPEN_FILE [11/10/2015 2:10:10 PM] Warning: Document aliases could not be accessed: CLIENTSIDECACHE_READ_CONNECTION_FAILED Error during the creation of the local folder (during one of the publishing steps): Operation not permitted - (1), /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/StarCraftIITemp/Publish/<map name>.SC2Map/Screenshot01.jpg Note: Just changing local permissions doesn't solve the problem. I think I am not the only one with this problem, cf this similar issue: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/19287958762 More details here: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/general-chat/84061-patch-3-0-map-maker-troubleshooter-thread/?page=14#p275 @Blizzard: Thanks for all the hard work updating the UI and performance of Starcraft 2 for the LOTV release. I know you guys had a lot of work in the past few weeks and the results are impressive. Now, there are still some bugs that prevent Mac users from properly updating and publishing their maps; this is a problem especially for the Rock The Cabinet Contest (the extended deadline is approaching) because a lot of us mapmakers entered the competition with a working editor, and wouldn't like all of efforts to go to waste. chewiest1
Feb 5 Feb 3 Feb 3
Blizzard Warcraft 3 Data Mod Bug I'd say the vast majority of the time when i try to open my map, it does not matter what war3 data mod version i am using (dependent on) , over 90% of the time it always fails to load. Its very annoying having to continuously try 10 times or more to open my map. What is the issue blizzard? Why doesn't it always load properly? Incinerate3
Feb 3 Feb 2 Jan 30 Jan 30 Jan 27 Jan 26 Jan 26 Jan 24
Texture set bug I am the developer of a map in which the terrain is rotated weekly. However, due to an editor bug, what used to take about 12 minutes now takes me 3 hours. It's actually multiple bugs, so I will list all of them: - When swapping textures via map > map textures, the "texture conversion" area does nothing when I modify the the textures on the right side column like it did it HoTS, unless the texture set under "Current Texture Set" is different then the texture set under "New Texture Set", meaning I have to change the texture set back and forth and blindly guess which texture goes where and try it over and over until I happen to get all 8 textures correct. And this would be much easier to work around if it weren't for the next bug: - When swapping texture sets via map > map textures, that is, changing the texture set under "New Texture Set", rather than nicely replacing the first texture of the old texture set with the first texture of the new texture set, and so on for the remaining 7 textures, it just jumbles them all up and you get all the textures mixed up. - Lastly, when swapping texture sets in the same way as described in the previous bug, it combines both cliff types of the "Current Texture Set" into just one of the cliff type in the "New Texture Set". So for any map that uses 2 cliff types, I have to go through by hand and change all the cliffs back that got changed due to merging 2 cliff types into 1. The bug has been happening since the ability to have 2 texture sets per map was added (about the time LoTV was released). Puppetbones0
Jan 24 Jan 24 Jan 22
Making and playing my own maps. Have made and uploaded multiple maps. 1 map showed up under arcade for a while but now none are there. The editor shows the maps have been uploaded, unlocked and the public option chosen. I have tried reading the forum but did not seeing anything to help. Jon1
Jan 22
Creating a new mod I have spent a good bit of time trolling around the editor trying to create a new mod. I viewed several online tutorials on you-tube, but I am still lost. All I want to do at this point is change the tech tree. I'd like to, for example, try gateway a requirement for a photon cannon instead of a forge. Second, make the photon overcharge of pylons no longer possible (remove that ability from MSC). Basically, play around with ways to remove the photo overcharge from the game. Where are these things set?! I can find the ability like "build photo cannon" and something else that is something like "has forge" (can't remember name) but nothing linking these things. Nothing I can change from "forge" to "gateway". Maybe I created the mod wrong? I just said "new mod" and said to base it on lotv. Help, please. ps: Is there something of a walk thru for this? The stuff I googled jump in the deep end very fast. Riggins1
Jan 22
Patch 3.0 broke UnitOrder comparisons? The following line of code is unable to return true. I suspect that a few order comparison results were altered or broke which most likely changed in patch 3.0 (or before). For example, look at the following condition: Comparison((UnitOrder(aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27], 0)), !=, (Order("move", 2))) What I am trying to check is that "Cain the Storyteller" does not currently use "Hold Position". example scenario that was working a couple of patches ago: General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions) Conditions (aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] order at index 0) != ( Hold Position) Actions General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions) If Or Conditions (aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] order at index 0) == ( Stop) (aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] order at index 0) == No Order Then Unit - Order aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] to ( Move targeting cain goto point) (Replace Existing Orders) Unit - Order aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] to ( Turn targeting cathedral entrance hell portal) (After Existing Orders) Unit - Order aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] to ( Hold Position) (After Existing Orders) Else General - Wait 1.0 Game Time seconds When I output Cain's currently used ability, at some point it is "move" and the ability index is 2, but the loop's ending condition does not work. Btw, the conditions within the loop checking for stop or no order seem to be working. But most likely, only no order is executed in my map, so I do not know if stop actually works as intended. Workaround: - Checking the ability of the ability command of the unit's current order & checking the ability command index of the unit's current order will most likely work. (Printing the values in chat displays the desired values, e.g. move and 2 for a unit currently holding position.) Ahli0
Jan 22 Jan 17 Jan 17 Jan 17 Jan 16 Jan 16 Jan 16 Jan 9 Jan 9 Jan 8 Jan 7 Jan 7
Galaxy Editor Black Screen/Textures all of my textures are black when loading a new map and opening other made maps.. what went wrong? RyuTaiga1
Jan 6
Warcraft 3 Data Mod 1.7 missing The Warcraft 3 Data Mod 1.7 dependencies are suddenly missing from the server. Currently, the only official Blizzard version available is 1.0. All of the assets that were using version 1.7 dependencies are no longer working for me. Is anyone else having this issue and or knowledgeable of a solution? Gradius1
Jan 6 Jan 6 Jan 4 Jan 2 Jan 1 Jan 1 Jan 1 Dec 31 Dec 30 Dec 28