Editor Discussion

Mar 11 High Performance System...and Lag?!! I'm experiencing severe lag in LotV. Specifically, repeated pauses in gameplay, <1 second apart. The game is unplayable. I have a high performance system and am running version 3.1.4.41219. System specs below: Windows 8.1 Intel Core i7 4790K 16Gb RAM Nvidia GTX 970 120Gb SSD What is going on??!TurkeyOnRye0 Mar 11
Mar 9 Can't create ramps. I made a post about this four months ago about not being able to create ramps while something is blocking it, but now the problem escalated I can't make ramps diagonally, period. The map I'm currently working on is originally started on HotS and haven't had the dependency changed to LotV yet, just some back ground information on the map I'm currently working with. I'll restart the editor and see if that fixes itself. Yeah it's broken, I can't make maps like this.Ryuuga0 Mar 9
Mar 9 Barracks training 2 Firebats and 2 Spectres Hey everyone. Having troubles with the editor again. Just a note, I do have all campaign and story dependencies enables. I need them so I can have access to all campaign units and campaign voiceovers for an extension mod I am making. For some reason, the abilities of most units are bugged out even when I appropriately adjust their command card and abilities. For some units such as the Ghost and Spectre, I had to wipe their command card and ability data clean and re-create them from scratch. For the Barracks, when I wiped the command card and tech tree (units produced) tabs clean in order to recreate them because they were bugged, I was unable to create spectres and firebats from the barracks, in spite of having a button for them. In order to bypass this, I right clicked the command card and tech tree (units produced) tabs for these sections and clicked "Reset to Parental Value", followed by "[Void.SC2Campaign] Barracks". When I tested this in-game, I was able to create Firebats and Spectres, but for some reason they create 2 units at once. I went back to the Barracks in the editor and noticed that the command card and trained unit / tech tree data was fine, so why is the barracks making two of these units at once (For example, the Firebat in the Barracks shows double the cost and produces 2 Firebats at once)? Here is a photo of my command card: http://imgur.com/vQQxeOk With all due respect, this editor is capable of amazing things, but it is also occasionally ridiculous, unnecessarily complicated and full of bugs / problems. I would appreciate some assistance!Deathborn2 Mar 9
Mar 6 To the Developers My sons(9 & 5) and I are new players to Starcraft 2, We are currently playing Starcraft 2: WOL. We love this game and we are looking to forward to playing the the other 2 games Starcraft 2: HOS and Starcraft: LOV. (Being a parent, I only let them play multiplayer with me, You understand.). I started looking at reviews online and found that that there has been a lot of people complaining about the Starcraft 2 developers. (i.e. http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/02/criticisms-about-the-starcraft-2-team-is-starting-to-get-to-the-developers/) I personally believe they are doing a great job. As a graphic artist and front-end web developer I understand to some (tiny) degree what they are going through. Building a visually beautiful and playable game but it is also has a great storyline as well. (Movie worthy) There are a lot of moving parts that are going on here and they are not only creating a game for regular users but also for the eSports games. It is a amazing what they have accomplished. So, give them a break. There are a lot of times that the creators (programmers, artist, story developers and any everyone else involved in the process) don’t get the praise they deserve. So with that said, I say….. Great Job! This doesn’t even come close of how I feel about his game and the awesome talent at Blizzard’s Starcraft team. Keep up the great work. I’m looking forward to the future of the Starcraft Universe. I hope this reaches the Starcraft team. They deserve a lot of prase.AutharReed2 Mar 6
Mar 5 Some bugs & questions about reasoning Using Terrain Fill (paintbucket) on the same cliff level while using rotational symmetry will sometimes cause an editor crash. Not enough evidence to see if this happens on other symmetry options. Some cliffs are not implemented, such as Castanar's new cliffs - showcased here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/19938589 The Generic tileset is missing 5 textures completely. There's still a bunch of doodads that are not implemented, I made a thread with a huge list here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/19893269686#1Now onto the questions; I'm currently making a Dependancy mod that renames all of the unnamed Textures and Tilesets that were introduced in Legacy of the Void (for example BelShirBricksLargeEx2 (Unnamed)). There seems to be an abundance of tilesets that are copied (which seems inefficient? Lots of repeat textures..) with only one or two textures swappped out, as well as many textures either missing editor icons or missing them entirely. So my question is, thankfully renaming the textures doesn't change the mod status, but the editor icon does? The editor icon isn't seen anywhere ingame and it seems weird that it would change the status.AVEX0 Mar 5
Mar 2 Bugs I have noticed So I only started using the editor 4 months ago, but have used it very heavily since then. Here are a few of the issues I found. -Copying actors is problematic. The editor seems to incorrectly copy some components. This is not a problem for all actors. From what I have read on forums, it may just be the unit actors of morphing units that have this issue. Part of the problem is that if I copy the siege tank actor, then changes I make to my copy sometimes affect the original also. Very annoying, as this means that some units need to be copied manually (make a new unit and copy the fields over). -Dependency issues. Ever since I started using battlenet dependencies in my map, I have been unable to open by map by double clicking it. If I try, I get an error about dependencies not loading. The solution is to open the editor first, log in, then open the map. -Renaming units. When renaming any of the catalog items in the data editor, you cannot update the editor suffix at the same time as anything else. So if I changed Marine name to Riflemen, and added the suffix (my custom unit). The name change would work, but the suffix change would not. This is solved by updating the 2 field separately. I really like the editor, and I dont consider any of these major, as they all have workarounds. If I find any more that I can replicate I'll put them here also.Wakamajo1 Mar 2
Mar 1 Can't login opening map with WC3 dependencies I am creating a game for rock the cabinet, but with the new patch I can't login. It says opening document but won't let me click on the login panel.CrashZeon12 Mar 1
Mar 1 Build Buttons Appearing in the Wrong Places Hey everyone, I am trying to make an extension mod using all of the campaign and story mode dependencies. When editing the command card of the Factory and Starport buildings for the Terran, regardless of the combination of campaign and story mode dependencies I am using, some of the units' command buttons are appearing in the wrong places. For instance, in the particular Extension Mod I have going right now with all of the story mode and campaign dependencies enabled (Hierarchy is Void Story > Void Campaign > Swarm Story > Swarm Campaign > WoL Story > WoL Campaign), my factory command card in the editor looks as follows: Hellion (1,1), Widow Mine (1, 2) Predator (1, 3), Goliath (1, 4), Siege Tank (1, 5), Vulture (2, 1), Diamondback (2, 2), Thor (2, 3). All of the Command Types are set to Ability Command, the Ability is set to Factory - Train (Factory), and the Ability Command is set to Build [Respective Unit]. Furthermore, there are no overlapping command buttons. However, when I enter the game, the Factory displays the units as follows: Hellion (1,1), Widow Mine (1, 2), Predator (1, 3), **EMPTY** (1, 4), Siege Tank (1, 5), Vulture (2, 1), **EMPTY** (2, 2), Thor (2, 3). Why is this happening? I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. A similar thing happens with the Starport. My Starport command card in the editor looks as follows: Viking (1,1), Medivac (1, 2), Raven (1, 3), Banshee (1, 4), Wraith (1,5), Battlecruiser (2, 1), Hercules (2, 2), Science Vessel (2, 3). In game, the Starport displays its units as follows: Viking (1, 1), Medivac (1, 2), **EMPTY** (1, 3), Raven (1, 4), Banshee (1, 5), Battlecruiser (2, 1), Hercules (2, 2), Science Vessel (2, 3). The Starport translation from the editor's command card to the in-game command card is even more confusing. It left a blank spot in the grid spot 1, 3 where the Raven is supposed to be and it moved it over to the right by 1 grid space. The Banshee, which I had placed at 1, 4 on the grid also moved over to the right by 1 grid space. The Wrath is no where to be found. I've seen some of the great Arcade maps created by StarCraft II's Galaxy Editor, but I seem to run into nothing but problems with it myself. Performing even the most seemingly miniscule alterations is extremely tedious compared to the Warcraft III editor. Any help would be much appreciated!Deathborn2 Mar 1
Mar 1 Please change keyboard layout switch hotkey I use the hotkey: shift + alt so much in the game, but every time the key has a doppel action. The game action and the layout switch from english to german layout. Its interrupt my game play so much, because i use z(switch with y) and ^(doesnt work). Please change this key combination hotskeys. regards from GermanySniperWolf3 Mar 1
Mar 1 [Bug/Prob] Default + user type auto-selection I am using user-types in the data module which use other user types. If I want to select a user type in an instance, it loads a drop-down for the instances of the linked user type. This is great, but the problem is that it does not auto-select "[Default]" in the dropdown. Instead, it auto-selects whatever the first alphabetically-ordered entry is. Thus, I automatically alter values by just selecting the field on the left. I am not making an active choice in the dropdown. screenshot with annotations: http://i.snag.gy/qNmaV.jpg For example, in the screenshot, I have the user type "_Property" which can hold a few instances of "_PropertyEffect". When I edit a "_Property" instance, I can click on the field for the "_PropertyEffect" instances. But this alters the selection of the dropdown to "-1 attack" because I have never made a selection before and the dropdown just defaults the selection to the first alphabetical entry. But it should default to select [Default] instead.Ahli0 Mar 1
Feb 25 Mod data does not match After the last patch, I am getting an error message when loading my Legacy of the Void campaign game. I keep getting "The mod data loaded does not match the mod data which was originally used to play this game". I am not using any mods btw. I got to to work by loading an older saved file, but after restarting the mission and saving the game again, when I try to load it, I get prompted with the same message. I have tried "Scan and Repair" and found nothing. I have also checked if there were any missing updates and I'm currently up to date. How should I fix this problem? Any help is appreciated.Nanbu2 Feb 25
Feb 25 [Requirements] Count Unit State Revivable bug Greetings to everybody and Blizzard! After new patch (3.1.3), we found an interesting issues with some of our requirements that use Revivable State check. For example CountUnit(Unit,Revivable)) == 0 doesn't work correctly. In our case it just counting revivable units incorrectly and causes a critical bug in Hero training system in our map. We've spent almost 3 hours studing "What's the problem?" and after that tried to play Renee's WarCraft mod. And there we found the same bugs with Hero hiring/ressurection system. In the end we found a temporary solution for this situation, but it's a nice amount of work, that need to be done. So before we start, it will be good to know, if that thing is going to be fixed soon. Best regards, WAA TeamWAATeam0 Feb 25
Feb 18 Lings run to their deaths Ok so In ZvZ or ZvT a lot of the times people do Early pools and Proxy barracks, And one thing that Really Annoys me is that if there's an enemy unit near and you try to fall back and Right click(Move command) On your Drones(Because not everytime You can Click on a ground and you do the fastest possible clicks and sometimes you click on a drone) While the lings are selected, they don't run back, Just run to their deaths. Fix ples?Sioras0 Feb 18
Feb 15 Unable to login A new clean install of SC2. When attempting to login to B.net from the editor, I get an error message that Battle.net is under maintenance. What gives? Launching the b.net app works fine. The editor can be launched from there as well, but has the same behavior. Picking a Region other than mine gives a different error message that the connection to battle.net was lost. Been through 2 uninstall/reinstall cycles. The last with a full OS install. Proper ports are open per the website. The game itself plays fine. A scan and repair from the website was performed to no avail. Any ideas?Spektre2 Feb 15
Feb 13 Workers getting stuck! How is it that from the Original, to Brood Wars, to each of the three releases of StarCraft II, and countless patches, there's still problem with WORKERS BOXING THEMSELVES IN WITH STRUCTURES SO THEY BECOME USELESS! Honestly, how was this not addressed within the first few patches on the original?Tassadar1 Feb 13
Feb 13 Editor switches the colors when exporting I made this map about year ago: http://i.imgur.com/cUOxQrO.jpg For the blizzard map submission thing, I decided it would be best if I converted the map over to LotV. This is not relevant; I tried a map that I created 2 months ago after LotV came out with LotV dependencies as default and the same thing happened. I made a few changes because I needed the map to have some Creativity™, but left the map mostly the same, including textures. One of those changes was making the natural bases gold. Then, I exported the image using the editor and got this. http://i.imgur.com/8AgOGEv.png As you can see, the blue colors have been switched with the orange/yellow ones, even with mineral fields and doodads. If the map is published, then the thumbnail has the same problem (including showing mostly gold minerals). However, in-game the problem disappears.TheTemplar1 Feb 13
Feb 11 Sc II Editor 'server under maintenance' Whatever I do, I cannot log in the map editor, therefore I am unable to make changes to my maps. To see a screenshot of the issue: http://s7.postimg.org/p6jomhoiz/sciimap_issue.png It says it failed to login because Battle.net is down for maintenance... P.S.: I submitted a ticket to Blizzard and they answered its unsupported and to try my luck at the forums.BBgum3 Feb 11
Feb 11 Arbitrary Restrictions Why do these arbitrary restrictions exist? - Only 3 cliff levels (apparently Warcraft had many more cliff levels than that) - Cannot modify cliff level with triggers - Cannot modify terrain objects with triggers - Cannot place or remove doodads with footprints with triggers. - Only 16 textures per map. - Only 4 cliff types. Blizzard, please remove these restrictions!hawk2 Feb 11
Feb 9 Can't get Bridges to Work Sending out an S.O.S. Please help.Midimann0 Feb 9
Feb 6 BLIZZARD PLEASE READ your game has been acting up and kicking people from lobbies although it seems like a host doing it it is instant,no human could have such a reaction and I formally request that you look in to this,it would be great if you could fix this and im not the only one who wishes so. Thank you.warmaster1 Feb 6
Feb 6 Lurker+Ravagers Please get rid of these units or nerf them A LOT. They wreck bio and while ravagers can tank the lurker can destroy any type of terran army. I feel that Ravagers are too cheap but too op same as lurkers since they take forever and impossible to kill when something is tanking it with so much range. Please nerf them or get rid of them since it is unfair for terran to deal with such a OP Unit.Maru0 Feb 6
Feb 6 Graphics not loading for unit skins/attacks Throughout the Legacy of the Void campaign there have been moments when units and their attacks would appear as large squares or spheres (covered with grey, black and red squares) instead of their proper animations. Usually it would return the units to their proper form afterwards, but I have finally reached one of the later missions where every single unit and attack animation has been replaced by spheres. I'm pretty sure the spheres are what Blizzard designs and uses before adding the final skin, but I have adjusted graphics levels and restarted the game but it still won't be resolved. Unfortunately I can't attach a screenshot of this, but hopefully this example helps explain it further: When using high templar, I cast the storm spell and instead of the glowing swirling storm animation, it just has a large 2D square right where the animation would normally be. Also, the stalker body is replaced by a single sphere, and its attack is the exact same. From the moment the lasers would leave the stalkers body, to when it hits its target, it is represented by small spheres instead of the glowing laser animation. Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated, as I haven't found any forums with people encountering the same problem.Master0 Feb 6
Feb 5 [MacEditor] Can't publish map with screenshot Hi, I am using Mac OS X El Capitan and I can't publish maps with screenshots. I can publish my map when I don't have any screenshots in there. Warnings shown in the "Messages - Starcraft 2 Editor": [11/10/2015 2:10:10 PM] Warning: Document aliases could not be accessed: CLIENTSIDECACHE_READ_BAD_HASH [11/10/2015 2:10:10 PM] Warning: Document aliases could not be accessed: CLIENTSIDECACHE_LOAD_UNABLE_TO_OPEN_FILE [11/10/2015 2:10:10 PM] Warning: Document aliases could not be accessed: CLIENTSIDECACHE_READ_CONNECTION_FAILED Error during the creation of the local folder (during one of the publishing steps): Operation not permitted - (1), /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/StarCraftIITemp/Publish/<map name>.SC2Map/Screenshot01.jpg Note: Just changing local permissions doesn't solve the problem. I think I am not the only one with this problem, cf this similar issue: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/19287958762 More details here: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/general-chat/84061-patch-3-0-map-maker-troubleshooter-thread/?page=14#p275 @Blizzard: Thanks for all the hard work updating the UI and performance of Starcraft 2 for the LOTV release. I know you guys had a lot of work in the past few weeks and the results are impressive. Now, there are still some bugs that prevent Mac users from properly updating and publishing their maps; this is a problem especially for the Rock The Cabinet Contest (the extended deadline is approaching) because a lot of us mapmakers entered the competition with a working editor, and wouldn't like all of efforts to go to waste.chewiest1 Feb 5
Feb 3 Limited ammount of reaper bombs? How about make the reaper bombs limited but buff it a little? I'd totally take that. Right now it just feels like its too spammableSioras0 Feb 3
Feb 3 Movement bug If there's an enemy unit within aggro range and you right click on one of your units elsewhere it just goes back and fights. This is most frustrating when you are microing against an early pool and you try to pull back but clicks on one of your drones and then the lings doesn't run to the drone, instead they attack and takes free damage. fix plesSioras0 Feb 3
Feb 2 Unable to pick up broodling fins on Aiur Chef Hello, I've gone back to try the Aiur Chef arcade game. I've found though that when I try to collect or attack the broodlings my chef doesn't do anything. It has been impossible for me to pick up broodling fins. Am I doing something incorrectly, or is there now a bug around attacking these creatures?Recon0 Feb 2
Jan 30 Solved Delete threadKiaph0 Jan 30
Jan 30 The Infamous Rain Problem I've been trying to add rain to my maps, but whenever I place the doodads and go into the game view, I see nothing. I tried to run the map ingame and I still didn't see the rain. Also I can hear it very clearly so I know that it's there. I love rainy maps and would like to use them but I can't. Plz... halp. D:LurkerHunter1 Jan 30
Jan 27 Released Ammo Unit Keep Inherit Order Queue? Testing setup: Unit with "arm magazine" ability, ammo is external, manage type - recall. So if ammo unit being released after host's death (using damage response -> handled -> iterate magazine -> release magazine) ammo unit can't be ordered to Attack-Move, it keeps fleeing from attackers. Seems that this is caused by unit order queue which ammo unit keeps trying to copy from a dead host. If manage type for ammo unit set to "ignore" that doesn't happen however.CoolStories0 Jan 27
Jan 26 Structure preview fills the map viewer Hey all! I'm trying to use the map editor on my laptop, but whenever i have the unit palette selected, the entire map view goes black, and fills with a preview of the selected unit. So if I have a Command Center selected, the whole map view is filled with a picture of a command center. It flickers to to actual map sometimes, and I can still place units (I hear the sound and see it when the map flashes up). I assume this is a bizarre settings issue. It's a brand new install on a new arcade mode map. I have the Void dependency loaded with the campaign data. when I save the map, the messages window throws "Warning: Light entry 'PurifierJungle' defined for texture set 'PurifierJungle' is not valid. Minimap may be black! " in green text. Anyone know how to fix it?MikeySCE4 Jan 26
Jan 26 "Add Other..." button broken When you open the dependencies and click "Add Other..." the Editor becomes unresponsive. Restarting the Editor is the only thing that cancels the unresponsiveness. There is no way around it. As far as I can tell, this effectively blocks adding anything other than standard dependencies. If anyone else is having this issue, please, come forward. EDIT: It actually goes through with it after a while, but only after a very, very long wait.Nedia3 Jan 26
Jan 24 Tank bug Hello i was playing ladder 1vs1 TvsT and in the middle of the game, when i was making tank for some reason don't was completing my unit two times my bar was full but my tank no get out of my factory.Taitolas1 Jan 24
Jan 24 Texture set bug I am the developer of a map in which the terrain is rotated weekly. However, due to an editor bug, what used to take about 12 minutes now takes me 3 hours. It's actually multiple bugs, so I will list all of them: - When swapping textures via map > map textures, the "texture conversion" area does nothing when I modify the the textures on the right side column like it did it HoTS, unless the texture set under "Current Texture Set" is different then the texture set under "New Texture Set", meaning I have to change the texture set back and forth and blindly guess which texture goes where and try it over and over until I happen to get all 8 textures correct. And this would be much easier to work around if it weren't for the next bug: - When swapping texture sets via map > map textures, that is, changing the texture set under "New Texture Set", rather than nicely replacing the first texture of the old texture set with the first texture of the new texture set, and so on for the remaining 7 textures, it just jumbles them all up and you get all the textures mixed up. - Lastly, when swapping texture sets in the same way as described in the previous bug, it combines both cliff types of the "Current Texture Set" into just one of the cliff type in the "New Texture Set". So for any map that uses 2 cliff types, I have to go through by hand and change all the cliffs back that got changed due to merging 2 cliff types into 1. The bug has been happening since the ability to have 2 texture sets per map was added (about the time LoTV was released).Puppetbones0 Jan 24
Jan 22 Problem publishing map Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with a map I'm working on and I don't know what to do. I imported some ww2 models into my map, and they work great in the Test Document. When I publish though, the map works fine, except the models I imported are replaced by the placeholder sphere. Is there some reason the imported models would work in the editor and Test Document but not online? I'm not sure if it's relevant, but when I go to publish my map, it takes forever to upload. It goes very fast until it gets to 98%, then it takes like 20 minutes, then finishes.When it is stuck at 98% the info section says "Transmitting Archive File". So yeah it does upload but it takes way longer than I think it should. I've put well over 200 hours into this map and consider it over 70% complete. I would really like to use the ww2 models though... can anyone help? Thank you in advance!DarkStar0 Jan 22
Jan 22 Making and playing my own maps. Have made and uploaded multiple maps. 1 map showed up under arcade for a while but now none are there. The editor shows the maps have been uploaded, unlocked and the public option chosen. I have tried reading the forum but did not seeing anything to help.Jon1 Jan 22
Jan 22 Creating a new mod I have spent a good bit of time trolling around the editor trying to create a new mod. I viewed several online tutorials on you-tube, but I am still lost. All I want to do at this point is change the tech tree. I'd like to, for example, try gateway a requirement for a photon cannon instead of a forge. Second, make the photon overcharge of pylons no longer possible (remove that ability from MSC). Basically, play around with ways to remove the photo overcharge from the game. Where are these things set?! I can find the ability like "build photo cannon" and something else that is something like "has forge" (can't remember name) but nothing linking these things. Nothing I can change from "forge" to "gateway". Maybe I created the mod wrong? I just said "new mod" and said to base it on lotv. Help, please. ps: Is there something of a walk thru for this? The stuff I googled jump in the deep end very fast.Riggins1 Jan 22
Jan 22 Patch 3.0 broke UnitOrder comparisons? The following line of code is unable to return true. I suspect that a few order comparison results were altered or broke which most likely changed in patch 3.0 (or before). For example, look at the following condition: Comparison((UnitOrder(aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27], 0)), !=, (Order("move", 2))) What I am trying to check is that "Cain the Storyteller" does not currently use "Hold Position". example scenario that was working a couple of patches ago: General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions) Conditions (aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] order at index 0) != ( Hold Position) Actions General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions) If Or Conditions (aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] order at index 0) == ( Stop) (aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] order at index 0) == No Order Then Unit - Order aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] to ( Move targeting cain goto point) (Replace Existing Orders) Unit - Order aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] to ( Turn targeting cathedral entrance hell portal) (After Existing Orders) Unit - Order aaa Cain the Storyteller [30.57, 217.27] to ( Hold Position) (After Existing Orders) Else General - Wait 1.0 Game Time seconds When I output Cain's currently used ability, at some point it is "move" and the ability index is 2, but the loop's ending condition does not work. Btw, the conditions within the loop checking for stop or no order seem to be working. But most likely, only no order is executed in my map, so I do not know if stop actually works as intended. Workaround: - Checking the ability of the ability command of the unit's current order & checking the ability command index of the unit's current order will most likely work. (Printing the values in chat displays the desired values, e.g. move and 2 for a unit currently holding position.)Ahli0 Jan 22
Jan 17 ADD A DAMN RECOVERY FEATURE Tired of losing work because this buggy as !@#$ editor crashes constantly. Like every software has this, it's a standard for everyone but Blizzard.CptSisko1 Jan 17
Jan 17 [Triggers] Quotation Marks In Custom Script I find that whenever I use quotation marks when I am coding in custom script, strange stuff will happen. Strange stuff like let's say that I type #AUTOVAR(str, string) = Quotes are messed up; and I forget to add the quotes, so I do that and it should look like #AUTOVAR(str, string) = "Quotes are messed up"; Instead, the first quote is replaced with a bunch of random characters and the message is cut off. Note that in the following example, the random characters I just came up with from the top of my head. #AUTOVAR(str, string) = £¥•€Quotes are messe"; If I try to retype what I wanted, it will continue doing that. I have an actual example that I copied from the script. I created 3 presets of type Custom Script (String) and set their custom values to stuff like "Center", "Size28", and "Bold". When I used Combine Strings and Convert Preset to String, to parse together style names, the script generator read it as (("Mod" + ("Centerí µ)) + (("Size28í µ) + ("Boldí µ)))) instead of (("Mod" + ("Center")) + (("Size28") + ("Bold")))) When I went to check my custom presets' custom values, they all showed up as they should. However the program that converts all of it to custom script read the end quote as í µ. Possibly relevant: I'm doing all of this coding on a Mac, so it may just be a Mac related issue. Either way, it is a major obstacle for anyone trying to custom script. Thanks in advance.Tassadar1 Jan 17
Jan 17 Editor memory leak? Surely the editor isn't supposed to hog this much resources http://puu.sh/mysxr/c1599734f5.pngMrGW0 Jan 17
Jan 16 random excluding 1 race can I get an option to pick random between just two races, instead of all 3? for example, I don't want to play terran at all anymore. Can I have an option to random Protoss or Zerg?Spiral0 Jan 16
Jan 16 Battle.net Launcher - Support 4k Resolutions! To Whomever It Concerns, I recently have upgrade my life to a Alienware 17 R3, which optionally comes w/ a 17.3" 4K/UHD 3840 x 2160 display. On such displays, when loading the battle.net launcher, the text font is extremely tiny and is not scaling to size to support such a resolution, so my suggestion is to please put this on your list of things to accomplish in the not so near future. 4k resolutions will only continue to rise in popularity, and it would be welcoming to see BLIZZARD stay current with trends. Thank you for your consideration. Warm Regards, Gamer Syric MalvayisSyric2 Jan 16
Jan 16 Need some tools to prevent trolling users Hi, I'm sc2 user playing in Korea and made arcade maps like Hide and Seek. I have published those but there is a problem that some users are trolling in my maps. Editor already supports 'Handle of Player' function but blizzard allows starter users to play arcade maps free so it's meaningless because they make new accounts for new trolling. I respect that policy of arcade maps but it's really frustrating me that I have to check mass replays for meaningless ban everyday.mofab2 Jan 16
Jan 9 Information Crash Hello, I seem to be crashing on the Editor mainly as it seems I have too many things on my map and in the trigger editor. If I zoom out and view the entire map with all these doodads and detailed terrain along when working on the trigger editor, my mouse curser disappears and it crashes having to force reboot. Anyway of fixing this issue?DeathBringer0 Jan 9
Jan 9 Improving extension mods to multiplayer maps When i learned about extension mods and how they could be used to further customise multiplayer, i immediately thought about making a mod that enabled campaign units on a standard melee map. However, melee maps are set to automatically import multiplayer dependencies based on current expansion level. Because multiplayer and campaign dependencies are incompatible, attempting to start a melee map with a campaign dependency will cause a lot of data conflicts. The only work around to this is downloading that particular melee map, turning off the option that automatically adds multiplayer data and then publishing it, which is unnecessarily impractical and time consuming to do. My suggestion is that when hosting a custom game, we could have an option to override this. When turned on, it would stop the multiplayer dependency from being added even if the map has it set that way, allowing any campaign or story mode mods to be used without creating data conflicts.MrGW2 Jan 9
Jan 8 [Bug] Text Actors ignore SetOpacity message Assuming this is a bug since many Blizzard text actors (Kerrigan Coop talent pickup, Refinery kicker, etc) all use SetOpacity but do not fade out.Pirate0 Jan 8
Jan 7 Suggestion - Data - Referencing shortcuts Hi there, I've had this suggestion in mind that could greatly improve time when setting up button tool-tips with data references. Basically it's as easy as right clicking in the data field: in the drop-down menu it should show something like "copy reference ID" and when I paste it with Ctrl+V it will write like this "<d ref = "Behavior,WisdomAura,Modification.VitalMaxArray[2]"/> " i.e. for a right click in the behavior max energy given So, example, briefly: -Open behavior tab in data effect -Search for "Wisdom Aura" => Reach the unit modification tab -Right click on max energy bonus -Select "copy reference ID" -Paste it into a button (It could use behaviors, effects, units and such when setting up references) Thanks for your time SunJeanSunJean0 Jan 7
Jan 7 New multiplayer mode with all the Tech. One thing that truly made me sad with LOTV and the end of the long series is that they didn’t use the opportunity to introduce a new multiplayer mode where we could actually use all the awesome stuff from all the campaigns. All the races have had their campaign tech finished now, and this would have been an optimal opportunity to truly introduce a new life to the SC series. To maybe, give it a reason to truly revive and live for many years without high decline to the playerbase. I truly don’t understand why you wouldn’t create a multiplayer where all or almost all campaign tech was available to the players. Allowing the players to have a whole “new” game to play around with, instead of again, for what now feels like decades, only have minimal changes and few introductions of mostly already extremely well known units… I still think such a new mode could give a major boost to the joy of the game and give a whole new life to the multiplayer aspect of the game.Tjaranis2 Jan 7
Jan 6 Galaxy Editor Black Screen/Textures all of my textures are black when loading a new map and opening other made maps.. what went wrong?RyuTaiga1 Jan 6
Jan 6 Warcraft 3 Data Mod 1.7 missing The Warcraft 3 Data Mod 1.7 dependencies are suddenly missing from the server. Currently, the only official Blizzard version available is 1.0. All of the assets that were using version 1.7 dependencies are no longer working for me. Is anyone else having this issue and or knowledgeable of a solution?Gradius1 Jan 6