What would you like from your ANZ/SEA forums

ANZ / SEA
Hi all,
So with the new combined ANZ/SEA forums we now have, what would you like to get from your forums? I'm open to resonable suggestions so fire away!
I've always wanted some sort of "notification" in the b.net forums.

Just like in facebook. (lol. We're making Battlebook or something)

The notifications would be; if someone replied to your post on some thread, or your thread being replied by people.

Thereby reducing the hassle of having to find your thread, upon countless threads when you revisit the forums.

Oh, and if possible, give us an in-game browser.
So we can view battle.net, inside a game using battle.net. (/Yo Dawg meme here)
10/08/2013 08:44 AMPosted by NoVice
The notifications would be; if someone replied to your post on some thread, or your thread being replied by people.

people can copy > paste a paragraph and manually add the quotes, i know i do it.
so should you rely on that then lol, you're gonna miss out on a lot of potential debates/arguments/replies.
Aww, you're such a good bloke Arc.

In general:

The Beta keys were the best thing we had, there was so much content to type about and share and discuss in here it was awesome and made this place very busy. Any extra forums you could put us on would be good as we get a little content starved here without the constant supply of bs like on NA general.

Bnet forums cant be as complex as TL but for the site

1. A background photo that's in someway SEA related, maybe some fan art or something.

2. A bnet 'forum first' to drawn attention to the new site, a balance patch announcement on here before anywhere else would draw attention to the site and community in a small way and it's happened on the EU forum before.

3. The old sea.battle.net address rerouting to this site or a we have moved sighn with link.

Other than that all I can think of is having as few sticky threads as possible as we don't have the space now. I dont know if it's been done elsewhere but a link to the non english community sites in our region should be somewhere in different languages, a Thai one for example may be appropriate.

Thanks Arc >.<
Something as simple as a SEA/ANZ related "...of-the-week/month" or "Upcoming events..." sticky would be a good place to start.

Interesting announcement coming soon™!?!? Can you handle it?.
10/08/2013 11:15 AMPosted by SunRise
people can copy > paste a paragraph and manually add the quotes

Then, have a notification whenever a reply is posted on a thread you also posted on.
An unfollow button should be available. Basically, make battle.net a 2nd facebook. :P

10/09/2013 06:03 AMPosted by Mathmick
Something as simple as a SEA/ANZ related "...of-the-week/month" or "Upcoming events..." sticky would be a good place to start.

This.
10/09/2013 06:49 AMPosted by NoVice
Basically, make battle.net a 2nd facebook. :P

Please no.

Interesting announcement coming soon™!?!? Can you handle it?.
Some good ideas here, keep them coming!
Upcoming events in the region - ie BarCrafts and online/offline Tournaments such as ACL or the Masters Cup.

A lot of people don't know these exist in SEA unless they stumble upon them by accident. I think that would raise the awareness of the community more and increase player involvement in the region.
weekly arcade tournament.

host a participation thread on sea with details of chosen arcade game, with time of tournament etc.
have a dedicated channel on sea, for those wanting to play and practice said arcade game.
end of the week, have a tournament and winner gets to choose the next arcade game that will be played.

pros:
* hopefully this will give casual players a place to hang out that isn't dead, and stop them scrubs from entering channels and spamming invites annoying everyone.
* perhaps with enough anticipations, it'll bring some life into sea arcade if not sea itself.
* promotes local (sea) map makers.
* gives people an incentive to check out the sea/anz subsection.

cons:
* needs someone responsible. non arrogant, non scrub, to start channel and foresee the operation.
* needs community co-operation.
* needs some kind of rewards, maybe an achievement/prize of some sort.
* needs someone to host/forsee the tournament thingo.
* SEA NEEDS YOU! *insert uncle sam picture.
A lot to go through for next week, but thanks for the feedback and if anyone has more feedback add it below!
Thanks guys!
I would like to be able to use all my portraits from SEA.
There are a few things mentioned here, like the background changes and portraits that are up to the web team and since they are crazy busy with Blizzcon at the moment it isn't going to get a lot of traction, but I sure can get a upcoming events thread to start with. Will make it sticky and anyone can update it when they know of an event coming up.
Also when I'm in Irvine next, will see if I can convince David Kim to come on by the forums to drop some balance thinking before anywhere else! No promises but I'll work on it! :)

* stick now up here

**Also the arcade competition sounds interesting by SunRise, anyone up for the task?