Terran just too OP

Protoss Discussion
Lost to 7 terrans in a row.

I played macro and one base, everything. You just can't win as toss. Warp gate units are so fragile and fall death to stutter step micro. Toss seriously needs a warp gate unit buff. Toss is on a back leg anything past early game. I'm too tired to write everything that happened, but all I can say is, WARP GATE BUFF, seriously, I did the tvp dance and everything, toss is definitely on a back leg most of the time. Toss options to harass are just so minimal. Get rid of the useless oracle and bring a good warp gate unit.
Your colossi and HT are probably just too late, you can't rely on only gateway units the whole game. Imbalance shouldn't cause you to lose any games.

10/29/2013 07:47 PMPosted by TheVoid
I did the tvp dance and everything

I'm not quite sure what this means either.
Seriously you have to be master with FF's early game vs terran. You have to be able to macro while micro'ing. I posted a while back as to why I think terran are doing so well in tournaments and that is because a terran is required to do much more Micro then is zerg or protoss in a game......IF you can micro like a beast then no one can touch these top, top pro players and hence the terrans seem OP.

They are not OP it just seems that way because of micro..... I think Taeja proved this a while back and everyone was raving about his micro....suddenly all the terran top pros were micro'ing like beasts and protoss and zerg were caught lacking because awesome micro doesnt benefit zerg and protoss like it does terran.

Hence back to my point all game long Protoss needs to work more on their micro mechanics because terran is just too efficient if they kill half your army and you kill 3/4 of theirs they win in a battle of attrition vs macro......FF's work great until they start showing ghosts then protoss needs to determine WHERE the battles occur so that they can minimize the micro advantage terran has in games.
10/29/2013 10:31 PMPosted by TechNo
Your colossi and HT are probably just too late, you can't rely on only gateway units the whole game.

Actually, you sometimes can, but that's because ht and dt are technically gateway units. :)
10/30/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Yitzi
Your colossi and HT are probably just too late, you can't rely on only gateway units the whole game.

Actually, you sometimes can, but that's because ht and dt are technically gateway units. :)

When people say gateway units it is generally implied that they are talking specifically about zealots, sentries, and stalkers.
Seriously you have to be master with FF's early game vs terran. You have to be able to macro while micro'ing. I posted a while back as to why I think terran are doing so well in tournaments and that is because a terran is required to do much more Micro then is zerg or protoss in a game......IF you can micro like a beast then no one can touch these top, top pro players and hence the terrans seem OP.

They are not OP it just seems that way because of micro..... I think Taeja proved this a while back and everyone was raving about his micro....suddenly all the terran top pros were micro'ing like beasts and protoss and zerg were caught lacking because awesome micro doesnt benefit zerg and protoss like it does terran.

Hence back to my point all game long Protoss needs to work more on their micro mechanics because terran is just too efficient if they kill half your army and you kill 3/4 of theirs they win in a battle of attrition vs macro......FF's work great until they start showing ghosts then protoss needs to determine WHERE the battles occur so that they can minimize the micro advantage terran has in games.

the thing about terran is that you can destroy their whole army and somehow they come back with a million more units and you wonder how you lose when they lost their army more than once and you only lost less than half. i dont get this. I would destroy his first two armies and kill his third, and somehow he comes back with a million marauders and just snipes all colossi and then its GG. terran can afford to lose multiple armies and not die, but if I lose mine, its over. I dont get this. oh yeah I am facing high plat and diamond terrans, and their stutter step and split micro is superb.
Your colossi and HT are probably just too late, you can't rely on only gateway units the whole game. Imbalance shouldn't cause you to lose any games.

I did the tvp dance and everything

I'm not quite sure what this means either.

I tried everything, early colossi, early templar, late, whatever...you just can't kill an efficient terran, and thats where they are is in plat and diamond leagues. They lose multiple armies and have full advantage in the midgame. Any terran who can micro just makes terran so OP. I really can't do anything but stay in my bases and defend them. Even head to head in the middle of the map, you can't win. The pain train of terran units is just too good. Sure I have warp ins, but what good are they when terran just stutter steps and concussive shell all your zealots, and stim. Toss just can't win. colossi and templar just cost too damn much. vikes just destroy your colossi and then its just gg.
10/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by TheVoid
I tried everything

10/30/2013 11:04 PMPosted by TheVoid
Toss just can't win.

If you say so.
Sorry no, you're just terribad at PvT(which is difficult) Protoss smashes Terran, It's our easiest match up to win by a long shot. Terran is on the backfoot the entire game, I'm sure anybody that is no disgustingly bias would agree with me. Have you ever played as Terran vs Protoss, I genuinely feel bad for Terran players when I play against them. Colossi shreds bio, and so do storms. and if you use both for a mid to late game battle, there is almost no way to lose the game. The Terran needs perfect ghost control to even attempt to compete with a Protoss deathball.
11/02/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Eldinarcus
Terran is on the backfoot the entire game

This is absolutely not true, terrans have the upper hand in early/mid game and protoss at late.
11/03/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Killjoy
Terran is on the backfoot the entire game

This is absolutely not true, terrans have the upper hand in early/mid game and protoss at late.

Um...What upper hand are you talking about? Mothership core negates all early aggression yet Toss has the ability to do...lets see

Proxy Oracle
Proxy Void Ray
Blink Stalkers
Proxy Robo 3 gate
DT's
Dont forget good ole 4 gate
Hell some games can be won out right with 1 stalker 1 zealot and 1 MSC

There are so many one base Protoss openers that it is just crazy hard to scout properly and even if you do there is still a chance for you to go down easily if you do not defend it right.

So yeah on the back foot the whole time is a correct statement in my opinion
11/03/2013 10:48 PMPosted by Fongshu

Um...What upper hand are you talking about? Mothership core negates all early aggression yet Toss has the ability to do...lets see

Proxy Oracle
Proxy Void Ray
Blink Stalkers
Proxy Robo 3 gate
DT's
Dont forget good ole 4 gate
Hell some games can be won out right with 1 stalker 1 zealot and 1 MSC

There are so many one base Protoss openers that it is just crazy hard to scout properly and even if you do there is still a chance for you to go down easily if you do not defend it right.

So yeah on the back foot the whole time is a correct statement in my opinion

Do you know the difference between an opener and an all-in?
Proxy Oracle is so gosh darn annoying and the game is balanced factoring in cheeses like this. So not cheesing is the same as throwing the game.

Every side has their annoying qualities. To you Terran cheese looks OP, to Terran a Protoss cheeser looks OP. It's the same thing from 2 different perspectives.

If you don't like it, don't play ladder. The game is only balanced for people that take advantage of every annoying feature of every race, not balanced for people who just want to have fun and play a casual game.
Harass options for toss that I think is viable. Warp prism harass(Remember you can load untis into this dropship). Proxy pylon harass.

I heard late game toss with T3 units work pretty well against terran. By the way, my TvP is roughly 40% win rate, and my PvT is something greater than 50%. Also, early game toss is so annoying now. The mothership core defends it all now, both from a PvP and TvP perspective.

11/03/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Killjoy

This is not true at all. Early game, due to the MsC, makes early game protoss untouchable. Mid game, For a terran that's decided by how well he/she harasses the toss. Due to the MsC's Photon Overcharge, terrans cannot effectively harass early game anymore. Basically, A toss can play greedy and still be safe from terran forces early in the game.
A Protoss crying about Terran being op, this is amazing, it's like seeing a unicorn box bigfoot on the back of the Lochness monster. If you don't know how to 1 gate Robo fe, tech to collossi and use photon over charge if you smell pressure. Then you are a very terrible protoss and the only protoss I know that can't handle PvT.
My advice would be just turtle up and get to the late game. Also, place the observers where drops would most likely come. Protoss owns Terrain late game no problem.
Sorry no, you're just terribad at PvT(which is difficult) Protoss smashes Terran, It's our easiest match up to win by a long shot. Terran is on the back-foot the entire game, I'm sure anybody that is no disgustingly bias would agree with me. Have you ever played as Terran vs Protoss, I genuinely feel bad for Terran players when I play against them. Colossi shreds bio, and so do storms. and if you use both for a mid to late game battle, there is almost no way to lose the game. The Terran needs perfect ghost control to even attempt to compete with a Protoss deathball.

I have not played TvP as either side in a while, but i am the kind of person that is REALLY good at strategy, but kinda !@#$ at execution (hence my place in he ladder), and i agree with you wholeheartedly, there is so much room for protoss to just %^-* with the Terrans ALL GAME LONG.

If your losing to a terr as toss, you aren't harassing enough, its the entire Toss spiel! HARASS DAMNIT HARASS!
get double upgrades if you are too dumb to use your MSC correctly to get safely to Colossus or Templar.

Once you have those units, u dont need to worry, either AMove or AMove+T
If only there were some kind of unit that protoss had that made it so the nexus could attack or something. Wait...thats the mothership core. Hm, what about a unit that can like, block the ramp so they dont LOLstimcharge into my base. Oh right, there's the sentry.
Playing a defensive macro style hasn't been working for me.
I started doing 1gate aggression, followed by SG and into a macro game, and have been doing pretty decent.

It's weird for me to be this aggressive, I felt like I never could be vs terran, but it really does pay off.

1 zealot 2 stalkers> 1 oracle> 4-5 phoenixes. It keeps your opponent busy, in their base, and denies map control and gives you a lot of time and scouting for you to tech and expand safely.

Try it out :P