Q&A For Lower Leagued Player -Year 2, Week 6

Protoss Discussion
Here we go again
Blueduck, why don't you play any more?

Also, what is a good strategy for Alterzim in PvZ? It feels like pushes are hard on the map. Is the old WoL Entombed Valley PvZ style (super fast third, then add a ton of gateways and kill them with blink stalkers) still viable, or does the rush distance, mutas, and swarm hosts make that a bad strategy?

Or do I just have to play standard, with slightly faster bases and more harass?
Hehe, I will soon promise.

Honestly my job has been really stressful lately (lets face it starcraft is stressful) and I been playing MechWarrior online for about the last 6 months.
11/12/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Anesthetic
And then doing super strong 14/15 minute 3 base 3 attack timings with collosi and blink stalkers.

I have not been able to pull these off in HotS. They always get Viper and seem to nullify my Colo, leaving just naked stalkers. I have been finding a lot more success with zealot/voidray, then adding on storm, then Colo as a finishing touch. That comp just seems a lot more mobile to me.
Random question:

Does a High Templar gain energy while inside of a Warp Prism?

Can I warp in a HT, load him up, and he have enough energy for a storm when I get to the enemy base even though he never left the prism?
Does a High Templar gain energy while inside of a Warp Prism?

Can I warp in a HT, load him up, and he have enough energy for a storm when I get to the enemy base even though he never left the prism?

Yes.
Which maps this season are good for Colo plays in PvP?
when will i be masters
11/15/2013 10:47 PMPosted by HerpesHank
when will i be masters
Depends on how much and how effectively you practice.

11/15/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Samurai
Which maps this season are good for Colo plays in PvP?
Maybe, Bel'shir Vestige and Yeonsu? Probably not Alterzim Stronghold and Derelict Watcher and Polar Night. The others are neutral, maybe?

Basically, if a map is more open, it's worse for colossus play. I'd expect that map size hurts colossus play as well.
11/12/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Anesthetic
I tried them on other maps but the only map that really had a shot to pull off 3 base timings was akilon since u could take the third pretty fast, on this map i find it a lot easier though since I can be a lot greedier with the third since they cant really scout it, as well as the fact that I can go gateway first which makes my tech a lot quicker.
So you take the more exposed base first?