Battle.net desktop app Issue

Technical Support
We’re aware of an issue that began after the 11/12 Battle.net update; certain versions of Windows XP are unable to start up the Battle.net Agent to run Blizzard games.

To resolve this issue, you must manually uninstall ALL Battle.net related files, including the Battle.net Desktop Application. Follow these steps:

1. Show hidden files and folders.
2. Using Windows Explorer, delete the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Battle.net
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net
3. Choose the appropriate option for the launcher you use:
  • Battle.net Desktop Application & Hearthstone users: Use the updated Battle.net or Hearthstone installer on the Battle.net Games Management page to reinstall Battle.net application and related files.
  • Classic launcher users: Launch the game using the normal shortcut to download the updated Battle.net/Agent files.
  • Ive been having lag on a windows ever since the update if that is what your talking about...
    Microsoft: Thank you for helping us to make terrible terrible damage on Windows XP.
    Hello,

Microsoft stops the regular updates for window xp (it is as OS)
    As you cas see on this page from w3schools, xp are still 12% of the used Os system which connects to the web.
    http://w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    While this stats are near truth, they aren't about online gaming or even online SC
    In fact most gamers are using win 7 and 8. And most xp OS can not install sc2 due to cheap or old hardware and admin restrictions.
    Win 8 is a great news for the gamers with limited hardware because this Os consume less than win 7 with the same performances.

I think it s a good thing that blizzard make his game available for xp, but at the same time, if blizzard do not raise the hardware and OS minimum, blizzard will not be able to add more skins for instance. I don't know if you, the one who is reading this words, ever developed and created apps or web pages, which supports multiple environments, but if you did, you should know that is is very restrictive (=less possibilities).

My last words are:
    Thank you blizzard for supporting xp gamers even in 2013
    Let's meet at Blizzcon 2014 !
    Windows XP? Anyone who has that should get with the times.
    Nerf oracle.
    ive been getting terrible lag after the patch in every game making me lose most games

not good considering i was top 20 gm last season :[
    I have xp and since the patch, starcraft has become unplayable for me due to overwhelming lag. It sounds like the same problem as you have, DeeMo.
    Kaivax, your solution isn't working for me, I can't find the listed battle.net files, even with "show hidden files and Folders"
    I was having this lag issue and I cleared all my replays and no help. Then I turned off voice chat.....and turned off some of the sound features and the animations like tool tips etc and it seemed to help some but was still lagging though not as badly. I then rebooted the computer and its been working fine for 2 days now and I run everything on Ultra. I use windows 8.1.
    windows 8 is the best os to play sc.
    It s faster than windows 7, and consume less than win 7 and windows vista.
    I t s also the most stable, since microsoft focus hard on updating windows 8 (e.g. windows8.1)
    windows xp will no longer receive official updates.
    I think it is a good time to pass frfom xp to 8
    ello,

Microsoft stops the regular updates for window xp (it is as OS)
    As you cas see on this page from w3schools, xp are still 12% of the used Os system which connects to the web.
    http://w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    While this stats are near truth, they aren't about online gaming or even online SC
    In fact most gamers are using win 7 and 8. And most xp OS can not install sc2 due to cheap or old hardware and admin restrictions.
    Win 8 is a great news for the gamers with limited hardware because this Os consume less than win 7 with the same performances.

I think it s a good thing that blizzard make his game available for xp, but at the same time, if blizzard do not raise the hardware and OS minimum, blizzard will not be able to add more skins for instance. I don't know if you, the one who is reading this words, ever developed and created apps or web pages, which supports multiple environments, but if you did, you should know that is is very restrictive (=less possibilities).

My last words are:
    Thank you blizzard for supporting xp gamers even in 2013
    Let's meet at Blizzcon 2014 !

Windows Xp and Windows Vista support stop in (I thought march) 2014.
    Windows XP? That's a little old, eh? The people with that should really get a new computer...
    I'm on XP, why should I change? I've never had a problem and I'm really familiar with it. People saying get a new computer? What does hardware have to do with your OS?
    you should always upgrade though...can't stay in the past forever
    If Microsoft produced something worth upgrading to...

XP is the last OS they released which was halfway decent, though 7 isn't bad.

8 though.... a touchscreen tablet OS which Microsoft wants to pretend is suited for desktops and laptops? Insanity.
    7 is the new XP
    I have Windows 7 and am having this same problem....
    My buddy uses xp his machine beeps at him when it gets too much stuff in game.
    Totally different game at 26 apm. 26 RANDOM apm.