The Long Voyage Home Continues

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 13 14 15
I am with Mark on this as well. I would like to see it finish.
04/09/2014 06:40 PMPosted by Zarkun
It's actually KO I'm worried about here...

/tear

Though it is true. I have so much trouble with RPs that have a lot of chars. I've just never figured out a sotry algorithm for having everything run smoothly and not rely on everyone's posts.

I apologize for my failure in this regard. I will make a serious attempt to make this work. I've identified some core problems, the foremost of which is the fact that absolutely every action is carried out by player characters. To counteract this, I'm going to do one of two things.

1. Shift this in the Text Adventure direction. I could write the events and such completely, with people voting on the crews actions (you could get a double vote on actions specifically affecting your chars or something). Players, in addition to voting, could do their chars' thoughts/specific actions in response.

2. Just take people's actions and run them to conclusion. One problem I'm having is that I started this RP during a period where I had a ton of extra free time I don't usually have. I expected to be able to set up a complex system of 'secrets,' progress reports, and other such things through dA, where every single action was micromanaged to the extreme. I don't have that kind of time and frankly have no idea what I was thinking, but somehow couldn't let that idea go, preventing me from just taking Jester's report that he's working on repairing the ship and just run with it, writing out the repairs and how they went. That's almost exactly what I'm doing in Kay-Oh!, and it seems to be working well there (though fear not, no dice shall be rolled in this thread).

Which would be preferable (I'm assuming option 2, I was putting 1 out there just in case).

EDIT - now that I think about it, there is an option 3: "get out of the spaghetti" and attempt to get this started again in the way we've been doing it so far, with the clarification that YOU CAN DO THINGS. You don't have to wait for my permission to say a job is complete unless I say so. That change might get this moving again.
I like the option of three me self.
Option three works as well though option two is good to.
Honestly, I have no preference between option 2 and 3. I am skeptical about option 1 because it takes the control of my characters away from me. However, I will not throw a hissy fit and I would much rather see my characters played out by someone else than not at all.
Looks like the consensus is option three. Give me until tomorrow (technically today, oy) to prepare anti-spaghetti measures.