Objective: Survive Reboot PRP

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
Look, maybe you were an immigrant. I was adding to the basis that Ace gave us because...well, we can both agree he wasn't very helpful...or specific in his scenarios in hindsight...anyways, the nation is called Nomanda, a solar system on the edge of Protoss and Terran space deemed unimportant by all the major factions. Their government is a democracy, they have a rich culture (which I'm trusting the RPers to add to and build, not often you can do that) and they use A.A.S to identify their ships.

What's in the OP is relevant to the RP, the nation's history, which I'll write up over the next day or two, isn't right away.
An immigrant? None of the characters you already accepted seem like immigrants. Nor do they seem like they were from this nation you probably just made up. You can't just let us RPers come up with "rich culture." Every RPer could come up with something completely different.

Why don't we retrofit the whole thing? We throw what bcAce had out the window and start from scratch, only with the same basic idea. Maybe a Dominion shuttle goes down and we have to survive? Maybe a mercenary shuttle goes down and we have to survive? Maybe a civilian shuttle goes down and we have to survive. (Of course, there can be a few private mercs.) Heck, maybe an independent colony's shuttle goes down!

But to create a whole nation for this one RP?
Right, so I understand that you want the colony or nation, doesn't matter if both are going to be independent, history and all that, but what's relevant to the RP is in the OP. So maybe you're a merc hired on to help out. That works. For all we know, beacon is from a Mercenary ship that went down and belonged to a big mercenary firm, known as (insert name here). What I have planned already loosely revolves around what Ace started with, which is the emergency beacon. From there, I know where I'm going. And I don't just throw all that out the window because this was originally his idea. Even RPing has plagerism.

EDIT: I understand where you're coming from, Mark. I really do. But I'm asking you to be vague with your backstory ever so slightly on purpose, so that you can rebuild from the ground up. Trust me, this'll work.

EDIT II: I'm going to bed. Further questions will be answered on the morrow. Also, Nomanda is the working name for the small solar system faction I'm working on. I'm actually open to name suggestions and culture ideas. Certainly using Koro's from his backstory.
Oh my gosh, I can't believe this one is making it back! I wish I could join you guys, but unfortunately I really don't have the time. Anyway, best of luck with the RP, I really hope it goes somewhere this time and doesn't get destroyed by late joiners and some... less skilled writers (perhaps that's a little hypocritical coming from me, though). Have a great time!
Be great if you could join us, but I totally understand.
Hahaha, hey! It's me, MarkusDaWise! Still to this day I remember Sean and Sheila's little romance shindig. You should totally come back, we can relive the glory days :P
Mark, still waiting on you. And for now, we'll just say we're Dominion. I'll be working on the nation of Nomanda (still taking suggestions) for some time before it's ready.
My thing good or should i change it?
It's good. You're already on the character sheet.
Okay, it's time to finalize some things before I start writing my character, or you can start without me.

Are we using your custom nation? If so, I don't want to join this. If I wrote a character from someone else's nation, I'd want to know everything there is to know about that nation.
01/01/2014 02:59 PMPosted by Zarkun
we're Dominion
Name: Jacob Winston
Class: Custom 'Juggernaut'

Weapon(If custom): XL-24 "Thunderer" Light Machine Gun. Named for the booming sound created from being fired. The Thunderer is large and powerful, ideal for dealing with massive crowds at a 20-30 meter distance, although is also adept at distances up to 40 meters and 10 meters. However, the latter is not quite as capable of dispersing crowds. It uses the same 8mm spikes of the ever popular C-14 Gauss Rifle and fires up to a total of 210 rounds per second.

Armor Description (If Custom): DLPA-200 is used. It is a thick and hard armour, capable of slowing a spike from Gauss Rifle stopping just short of the wearer at the chest. It takes great strength to move in this armour, and even more patience. It is sluggish and when powering up, it may take up to a minute-and-a-half. The weight of this armour also allows for it to have be near immovable by outside forces, such as a Punisher grenade, or a Roach.

Personality: Jacob is caring towards others and considerate of them, capable of great understanding. Jacob also has a rather oblivious nature when it comes to jokes. He may be quiet and reserved at times, though this is more when he is thinking. When it comes to his beliefs, Jacob is firm and adamant.

Physical Description: Jacob is taller than most, standing at 6'2". He has rather bulky physique, seeming as if he belongs in a heavy-weight boxing ring. Jacob's hair is blonde and cut quite short, being a victim of a recent buzz cut. The large man's skin is of a light tan complexion. There is a short scar running down Jacob's cheek. The ends of the scar align with his ear canal and the edge of his lip on the right side.

Backstory:

Notes
-I ran the numbers for rounds per second off of modern weaponry, a comparison between a M240 and a rifle such as the AK-47.

Name: Io Hendricks
Class: Custom 'Apparition'

Weapon: TG-26 Designated Marksman Rifle-
The TG-26 is a mid to long ranged weapon, pointed towards a position of sniping, while remaining useful in a firefight. It is a chosen weapon for assassinations due to a built in, non-wearing, silencer. The magazine holds ten 15mm bullets capable of piercing through neo-steel.

Armor- SPA-13-
SPA-13 is a variation of stealth armour allowing for absorption of heavy recoil and limber movement to allow for a sniper or assassin to move with speed will still being able to fight. It is capable of cloaking technology, with energy created by it own personal generator. This cloak absorbs much energy, allowing for only short periods of time. It is not entirely effective at protection against bullets, but small arms fire and bludgeon weaponry are relatively ineffective.

Personality: Io is rather reserved and cold, yet intelligent. It is hard for her to create emotional connections, and easy for her to sever them. She often times shies away from social interaction due to this behavior. She is very resourceful and reliant on herself. She is very flexible on changing her opinion on subjects.

Physical Description: Io's eyes are light green, blending in with her white face sprinkled with a few freckles, and near unnoticable scars. Her hairs is a light black cut short to avoid getting in her way, easy to put her helmet over, and to avoid and giveaways aways on her location. Io is thinner, but has her fair share of muscle to allow her to carry and take the force of her weapon. Io is also rather short, standing at only 5' 5".

Backstory:

Backstories will probably be completed later.
Backstories will be needed eventually, but you're good otherwise. I'll get them on the sheet.

Mark:

01/01/2014 02:59 PMPosted by Zarkun
we're Dominion
Coolio. Original character comin' right up! :D
I'm hoping you use Sean...just sayin...XD Anyways, once you post and I OK it, we'll be starting.
Sean isn't in the Dominion, sorry :P

I want to use him though.... Eventually.
Hurry and post the character you.
I got a ton done today, don't worry. I'm going to use him for my next short-story, too, so I put an extraordinary amount of time into him. I just finished his biography. It's 1,200 words. Tomorrow I'll write his personality and appearance and we're good to go.

EDIT- You might not be impressed with 1,200 words for a biography alone. Perhaps it helps if I add that Sarah Wood's biography is 644 words.
Still not that impressed. When it's a whole page, granted, I don't have a whole pager, then I'll be impressed. It's not length of backstory, it's detail, which a side effect of detail is length. Anyways, once he's up, we'll roll.
Not impressed, hmm? Go ahead and try to come up with three pages of biography and two paragraphs of personality. Last I checked, you have three sentences for Teo's backstory. One of them isn't even a complete sentence.

You also threw in a "somehow" story with the Dark Templar DNA thing. Ya know, the thing you were convinced you never break and if you ever did it was a long time ago? Shall I pull the quote?

^SpacePirate^
Name: Jason Stross
Personality: Jason has a strong sense of duty and camaraderie, some of the few traits he picked up from his father and the only one’s he’s proud of. Years of hard work in the mines have made him a hard worker. Jason, although naturally extroverted, has found safety in being alone. Without any true friends throughout his life, Jason has discovered how to cope with being alone and reasoning through life. As such, he has developed into more of a logical and less of an emotional man. He has his neglecting father and horrible family life to thank for this.

Jason enjoys some poetry about war or strife. Nicole, his cousin, helped develop his taste in literature. As such, he enjoys a good mystery novel when he has the chance. As for music, Nicole, Peter and some of his friends helped him develop a variety of classical music, singer-songwriter and hardrock.

Jason’s love languages are quality time and touch, both things he was greatly deprived of in his early childhood.

Biography:
Jason was born on the metropolis of Korhal. His father, Nolin Stross, was an ex-military police officer and Confederate loyalist. His mother, Sandy Stross, worked as an accountant at a bank. Jason also had a younger brother whom was two years younger than him. His name was Peter Stross.

The Guild Wars started when Jason was seven. His father re-enlisted in the military to join the as a marine for the Confederates and came back four years later a scarred man. Despite having a family back home, Nolin refused to leave his comrades on the front lines. The family life became difficult for him and as such, Jason’s homelife became difficult too.

When the Rebellion of Korhal was made official and Martial Law instigated, the Stross family left Korhal because Nolin Stross was still very pro-Confederacy. He was blind to their faults and hated his homeland’s intolerance with the Confederacy. So, in 2489 after the Guild Wars ended, Nolin moved his family to Tarsonis, a seemingly much safer place for pro-confederates. Jason was eleven when they moved planets and it was particularly hard on him. Tarsonis was dirtier and more run-down than Korhal and it had negative effects on family life. Nolin and Sandy’s relationship continued to deteriorate over this time. (Sandy’s parents lived on Korhal and were anti-Confederate.)

After a year of difficulties at school and a neglecting father, Jason was picked on a lot. He learned to stand up for himself and the few friends he had. It was a trait he picked up from his father, probably the only positive trait within the man.

Jason’s parents filed for a divorce two years later. This was also hard on Jason and Peter. Soon, they realized they could only truly trust each other. A settlement on possession of the kids was never finalized. Sandy fled to Korhal in order to make arrangements with attorneys and lawyers while being with her parents. Jason stayed in Tarsonis with the kids and also looked for attorney’s and lawyers.

It all became irrelevant when Korhal was obliterated by apocalypse-class nukes by the Confederate’s hand that very same week. Nolin justified the Confederacy’s actions to his boys and was able to convince them that what they did was necessary. Still, all three members of the family mourned together. Nolin Stross sincerely mourned Sandy despite their troubled relationship.

To an extent, it was helpful to the boys to see that daddy still loved mommy even though she was gone. On the other hand, Nolin had by this point turned to drinking to bury his sorrows. A few old friends from the war had roped him into drinking almost every night, leaving Jason and Peter alone to cry themselves to sleep.

Luckily enough, this only lasted about six months before Nolin Stross re-enlisted with the Confederate Armed Forces with his buddies. They wanted a taste of the action against the no-good rebels and their terrorist attacks against the Confederacy. Nolin took his children to his brother Richard Stross on Mar Sara to raise his children while he was away.

Richard Stross took Jason and Peter under his wing. He had understood what Nolin had become. And though Richard was also blind to the Confederacy’s corruption, he wouldn’t think of leaving his wife, daughter, and now brother’s kids, to join the military. So, he stayed at home on Mar Sara and supported the family well as a miner.

Nicole Stross, Richard Stross’ only daughter, became less of a cousin and more like an older sister to Jason and Peter. When they first met, Nicole was sixteen, Jason was thirteen and Peter was eleven. Nicole often comforted the brothers at night and they would stay up late talking about Jason’s parents and the struggles of having parents and grandparents who constantly fought.

Tina Stross, Richard Stross’ wife, eventually accepted the role of whole-heartedly raising Jason and Peter as their own. They spent the next eight years of their life in a stable, loving environment. Nolin Stross was rarely ever heard of. Richard took steps to ensure Jason and Peter wouldn’t watch the news or see any hints of the ugly war-ravaged galaxy. They wanted Jason and Peter to see the beauty of non-rural areas and of a simple life without fear of war or rivaling families.

In 2495, Nicole had moved off to a large city in Tarsonis to get a masters degree in psychology. She was twenty. Jason was seventeen and Peter was fifteen. Jason loved Nicole more than anyone else and it was hard for him to let her go. Nicole also found it difficult to leave Jason and Peter. Still, he had Peter. The two had worked around town this whole time and developed strong relationships with their guardians.

In 2498, Jason was twenty. He left the shelter of his father’s brother and began working on his own in the mines on Mar Sara. Peter was still eighteen and not moved out. Nicole had maintained connection with the family and visited as often as she could. Still, her demanding job back on Tarsonis coupled with friends and studies prevented more than twenty visits per year. After all this time, Nolin Stross was still nowhere to be seen.

A year later, Mar Sara fell under attack by the zerg. The Stross family was rescued by the Sons of Korhal, an astonishing turn of events. Jason had mixed feelings for the organization, but couldn’t deny their heroics or his appreciation for their efforts to save colonists.

At this point, the remaining Stross family members fled to Moria, a decision long in the making. It was a nice escape from both the Sons of Korhal and the Confederacy. Now the remaining family members had completely mixed views and feelings towards both factions. Jason, however, had felt moved by the Sons of Korhal’s heroics. There had also been a growing a bitterness towards the Confederacy and their heavy taxes and rumors stirring around town. The fact that his unfaithful family tearing father was a confederacy loyalist didn’t help either.

With two new alien threats and the looming fear of seeing his father on the other side of the battle lines, Jason refrained from joining the Sons of Korhal. Instead, he joined his uncle, aunt and brother on Moria and they all got jobs as miners.

Immediately after news of the Sara systems got out, Nicole raced to contact her family. It was easy enough to track the refugees to Moria and unite with the family. It was a heartfelt, but short reunion. Nicole returned to Tarsonis and continued on her life.

Whether divine intervention or dumb luck, Jason would never know. But miraculously, Nicole was visiting the family once more in Moria when Tarsonis fell a few months later. Nicole then moved to Moria to live with her parents.

This marked the end of the Confederacy and the start of the Dominion. The new government seemed appealing and simple. Finally, it was time for Jason to pick up his courage and join the Dominion, defenders of humanity. Jason was twenty-two. Nicole was twenty-five and Peter was twenty.

Jason found that he was an average soldier. Not super skilled, not lacking in skill. His advantages were his reliability, his sense of duty and his camaraderie. Two of those traits were from his father, one of them from his uncle. All three together slowly grew a capable soldier.

The fires of war strengthened Jason. The Brood Wars hardened him. Since then, he has maintained small communications with his uncle, aunt, brother and sister.

___
EDIT- I added some things to make this easier to read :P