Patch 2.1

General Discussion
we can suck it.
Yes you can.

How exactly does MMR decay affect a bronze player? Afraid you're going to be demoted?

Last season I faced diamonds and masters, who were in gold and silver league?
If I wanted to get violated like that I would throw on a mini skit and fishnet stalkings and take a stroll through the ghetto.

Havent been bronze for a long time. And neither has the validity of your tired, worn, and over used joke.
01/07/2014 02:29 PMPosted by Fonzy
Yes you can.

How exactly does MMR decay affect a bronze player? Afraid you're going to be demoted?

If I wanted to get violated like that I would throw on a mini skit and fishnet stalkings and take a stroll through the ghetto.

Havent been bronze for a long time. And neither has the validity of your tired, worn, and over used joke.

Fonzy, yeah, it's a pain in the rear end when you get royally violated by masters/diamond players in silver and gold, but you know what? Use them. Pick their minds for what you could have done better.
01/07/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Aldrexus
We're antsy to get it in your hands, too. While we don't have an ETA to provide right now, know that we're hard at work to release it the moment it's ready.

Really rough estimate then? day/week/month/year???
We're antsy to get it in your hands, too. While we don't have an ETA to provide right now, know that we're hard at work to release it the moment it's ready.

Thx.

Oh yeah I can't imagine how hard it is to put some old songs into a game, make an event calendar, allow pictures to be put in game etc...
01/07/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Miro
Pick their minds for what you could have done better.

And watch as they laugh at you.

The reason people are playing low league people is to climb out or smurf either way they rarely want to help someone in those leagues
01/07/2014 02:43 PMPosted by PeterAxe

Oh yeah I can't imagine how hard it is to put some old songs into a game, make an event calendar, allow pictures to be put in game etc...

They are also making a lot of the game free to play though, which I'm assuming is going to take some work.
As one of those former diamonds playing in gold, let me tell you i don't care.

That should probably surprise me, it really should.

I see your long term memory is going to way of your short term memory, so for future reference:
1. Hi, i'm zappy.
2. You're Fonzy the Bronzy.
3. You worship me as a god, i am the overlord of all of the universe to you, and we are all to nice to tell you otherwise, as the truth would shatter what little bit of sanity you retain.
Wouldn't it be a simpler matter to roll back the leagues to what they were at the end of WoL and there weren't 50 threads a day regarding patch 2.1 to fix what was never broken in the first place?
Pick their minds for what you could have done better.

And watch as they laugh at you.

The reason people are playing low league people is to climb out or smurf either way they rarely want to help someone in those leagues

Not at all, I've found that most of the ones I've faced have been willing to help, generally with a little advice etc.

Given how the ladder is, most of the guys who are ex masters aren't really smurfs, just shoved where they don't belong because of the seasonal demotion crap.

Typically, the smurfs won't have that masters badge. in their profile at any time.
Most of the diamonds I've faced like to play the whole game saying "nub" and "noob" to me. And then afterwards, I get the expected mom reference.
01/07/2014 02:26 PMPosted by zappy
we can suck it.
Yes you can.

Try playing on ladder and you'll find out. It's never just been about the demotions.

We need more posts like this. Is there any chance we could get the ladder fixes earlier? I'd really rather not have to wait for balance changes to hang this sort of thing up.

Also does no ETA = not even close to ready, or just don't know? Because that's really disheartening.

And since im asking, is there a chance we'll get any of this midseason (the ladder changes midseason seems unlikely, and i think you guy's have said before you won't make balance changes mid-WCS seasons)? Or are we for sure stuck with stuff for atleast 1 ladder season? Or will it happen as soon as it's ready?
01/07/2014 02:43 PMPosted by PeterAxe

You clearly do not work with computer programming.

Oh the times I've been told "It's just a button"....
01/07/2014 01:41 PMPosted by TechNo
Any updates on the ladder problems that are discouraging a ton of people from playing? I think that is the biggest issue right now.

So far, only that some league distribution changes are expected to come with 2.1's release. I haven't seen any mention of MMR changes up and coming, just that it's being evaluated at this point.
Lol look how many people just bent over because a blue said what they always say. (Soon™)
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR VERY UNSPECIFIC RESPONSE TO A SERIOUS ISSUE AS IF IT WERE A NONISSUE, UR SO GOOD TO ME BB.
Well, i hope you guys dont lose any dedicated players until then, seriously so frustrating to work your way up through gold for 3 seasons, be right on the verge of hitting plat, and then drop down to silver and not move. Like at all. I used to 1v1 like crazy, but whats the point now? im not going anywhere till this patch is in. Oh ya and..... TERRAN OP
Lol look how many people just bent over because a blue said what they always say. (Soon™)
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR VERY UNSPECIFIC RESPONSE TO A SERIOUS ISSUE AS IF IT WERE A NONISSUE, UR SO GOOD TO ME BB.

Did you expect him to magically spill the beans? It's not about getting a time stamp for 2.1, it's about getting Blizzard to openly communicate.

The point is, had that blue post been made on Thursday evening last week, a LOT of headache would've been avoided. Instead, a lot of people woke up on Friday morning with the expectation, or hope, that the ladder would be fixed with the new season. Had a blue post simply dispelled that notion, then a lot of issues would've gone away.

Do you want a clear indicator of when 2.1 will go live? Keep an eye on the PTR. If 2.1 is being tested on the PTR, it's not going live. Until then, expecting a clear cut answer is like getting mad because there is BNet maintenance on Tuesday. After a while, it's your fault for getting upset about it.
01/07/2014 05:13 PMPosted by Teo
After a while, it's your fault for getting upset about it.

QFE

tldr: when it's done
Hey guys. Im a bronze league player and its not easy to get silver. Well, turns out my usual protoss strategies arent working as well as they used to. Just hoping Blizzard would address this. I play protoss mainly, but every opening strategy seems to fail. It used to be I could build my pylons behind the enemy mineral line and that would do it. I'd be a bronze champion in no time. Now not only do I have to hide my cannons but im actually forced to use my workers for a probe all-in. Some of these guys with the green portraits are using hacks I think. It gets risky sometimes to use all my probes at once, and the green guys just cuss me out when im stuck using my probes to kill their hatchery. Sometimes my probes don't even survive. So, I think its about time we took a look at some positive change for protoss. In an ideal world, I should be able to build my cannons anywhere in his base without using workers to kill things. Because lets get real probes are for minerals. What im suggesting is a 20% buff to cannon shields, then double the range and attack speed. Also, if I could load my probes into my nexus like op Terran to help fend off op zerg I think everyone would appreciate it. Thanks for your time blizzard. Looking forward to having better cannons.