Day Infection II

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 23 24 25 Next
James taps his helmet, and turns the radio on. {Any Dominion units in the relay's lower entrance levels, currently engaged with infected targets, respond. We're moving through the area.}
[Jessica]
I keep my rifle ready as I stick close to the group.

[Jor-sha]
I keep my psi-blades on lighting up the area ready to strike down any infected that get to close to the edge of the group where I was.
{This is Dominion Guard Dave. We can't stop firing without those things getting in here. Unless you can clear them out we got to keep firing.} A guard radios back. The team could see some infected swarming in from the lower stair case and could see them climbing up the side of the station coming inside though holes on the side.
I stop and think for a second. "I have an idea. Kirk, how long can you keep up the psi-wall?"
[Kirk]
"That depends on how big and how many hits it's supposed to take." I reply thinking about whether I could keep it up long enough to finish our mission and get out.
"It needs to be really low cover so a few of us, probably 2 plus you can slowly move up an pick off the infected. Or, we could use some kind of bait and draw them to us, but I don't know how we'd do that."
"We need to get that hole plugged." James puts his hand up below his visor, as if stroking a missing beard. "Man, really need to grow another beard. Anyways, since they're Zerg.... Isn't it possible to draw them with psionics?"
[Jor-sha]
"What are you proposing?" I ask curiously.

[Jessica]
"It is possible to draw them with psionics yes. Are you wanting to use one of us as bait then?"
"We'd need a hell of a Psionic then. They aren't interested in the small fry." I fire a burst at some of the Zerg and Infested coming through the hole in the wall, watching them fall to the ground. "Still, it's something. That still leaves the problem of actually blocking the hole though."
[Jor-sha]
"I may be able to seal up the hole while the infected are distracted but we need to give them another way in while I seal the hole."

[Jessica]
I sigh slightly and look over the group.
"Well if anyone has some terrazine then I might be able to provide the bait."
James looks at Jessica and Jor-sha. "Don't worry about that, Jessica, I have an idea." He turns to Jor, and says "You'll close the hole. We can leave the bulkhead open and force them to funnel into a kill zone." He turns back to Jessica and says "We need to split the teams. Kirk and Jessica can take one team, and try to call all of the Infected away from the hole, and a team to support them. Jor can lead a smaller group toward the hole, but we may need to get the Dominion Guards to move forward and assist with fire support." He stops, and turns his attention to Riala, saying "Unless you feel the need to do something else instead."
There appears to be come confusion where the staircase and hole is. It is honestly right under the team. Perfect range for a gernade or blocking the staircase off with psionics or something. The hole is in the hallways but the stream of infected is slow but steady. I would asume that the guard team would have welding equipment if I was you all.
[Riala]
"For the stairs this should deal with it." I say grabbing a couple of my grenades and after pulling the pins I throw them down to the landing between floors that is just below the one we needed to go to and watch for a moment as the landing and several infected are eliminated. "Now just for that hole in the wall."
[Jor-sha]
"Then let us move now while we can."
{This is Dominion Guard team we can stop firing for a few moments best you get in here now.} Dave radios has the firing stops for a few seconds. The stairs leading down are now damaged enough that the infected can't climb them.
[Jor-sha]
I gesture for everyone else to go first.
"I'll bring up the rear we best move now."
[Riala]
"Alright lets move." I say taking point and heading toward the dominion guard team.

[Kirk]
I follow Riala and keep my walls up for now.
[Jor-sha]
Jessica and I follow Riala.
The guard team had used metal crates to build up a wall agaisnt the infected. Behind the Marines were hundreds of ammo crates, flamer fuel and metal plates. "Welcome to the lines... sorry we can't be better hosts but we've been fighting since 0200." Dave says firing a few rounds past the team to hit a feral who was climbing into the hallway.
[Jor-sha]
"Where is the hole that the infected keep coming through?" I ask wanting to get it seal now.