WCS ANZ 2014

ANZ / SEA
Thought I would put the bracket up, there have been some really good games thus far.

http://wcs2014_aclpro.challonge.com/WCS_SEA_S1D2/

and the stream link

http://www.twitch.tv/aclprosc2
With only 3 views (as of the moment), I actually wonder if there are any people at all who comes to the SEA/ANZ region to view the forusm.

NA general forums, though, has a lot of........ discussions.....

Damn, I miss SEA forums...
01/12/2014 06:43 PMPosted by NoVice
With only 3 views (as of the moment), I actually wonder if there are any people at all who comes to the SEA/ANZ region to view the forusm.

Yeah...... if it gets one person slightly interested it helps.

And we def did miss something from the forum shift, it's nice and compact here but I dont know if it's history or what but it's not here
Yeah it is disappointing that we don't have too many people active here after the shift.
On the more positive side, what a series for PiG. After losing his winners bracket game against KingKong it was a epic come back!
So big congrats to PiG, KingKong and Enderr who will now be in challenger for WCS America Season 1.
If anyone has any feedback regarding the stream over the weekend then we are keen to improve for next season.
01/13/2014 07:22 AMPosted by Twoezy
And we def did miss something from the forum shift, it's nice and compact here but I dont know if it's history or what but it's not here

Yeah I have two theories:

1. Since we're moved over here anyway, you might as well look at the big forums next door. I know I've been doing so.

2. People can't be bothered to move in the first place. I mean what was there before other than "Last!" threads? Really?

Biological - Psionic - Heroic
01/14/2014 02:39 AMPosted by Mathmick
I mean what was there before other than "Last!" threads? Really?

Corrupt a Starcraft wish and etc.

Well. Ever since the announcement, every thread was "last" thread.
01/14/2014 02:39 AMPosted by Mathmick
I mean what was there before other than "Last!" threads? Really?

Hots updates went pretty well.
We talked balance a fair bit and talked about it well; some of us talked old school things like the Kespa guys coming in etc.
Noobschool started up from the old forums as well as mGG I hope we can help get this place to do the same before Lotv.

01/13/2014 10:00 PMPosted by Arcagnion
So big congrats to PiG, KingKong and Enderr who will now be in challenger for WCS America Season 1.

^^^

01/13/2014 10:00 PMPosted by Arcagnion
If anyone has any feedback regarding the stream over the weekend then we are keen to improve for next season.

The Good.

- Great to see a large SC2 tournament in Australia again so a big thanks for Blizz and Arc for making that happen.

- The award of 3 WCS spots was a generous reward, King Kong and Pig were nearly inseparable and Enderr will represent our wider region well. Any fewer spots and WCS may as well be any other tournament that we send our pros off to but now we get to see some lesser known quality players get a chance out there.

- An on-line event was 100% the right choice for SEA, the travel cost etc is too impractical to be held at a Lan.

- The Stream quality was not bad at all (a great achievement in SEA)

- Downtime between games was noticeably reduced from previous ACL events.

The Bad.

- Registration requirements were not well thought out, current season Master or GM was too much of a hurdle for players especially with the current MMR / ladder issues. I gave up on trying to qualify over Christmas and New Year and I'm sure many quality players would have missed out due to this. For reference when I last checked sc2ranks.com 0.71% of the SEA server (28 people) are Master/GM and could qualify to enter this tournament or only around 1.14% of NA; these numbers would be reduced based on SEA residence requirement.

- A few too many quality big name (and non big name) games were not streamed, I don't think this is from a lack of casters in the community who would do it especially when BSG PD and MGM games are streamed every week.

- The event went largely unnoticed outside of the SEA pro community and players informed though the clans. It did feed the pro scene and awarded some prize money to some players but it does not appear to do much else for the server itself or community on face value (I could be wrong).

What I would like to see.

- A few more e-sport partners involved, from what I can see this tournament needed to be organised quickly and ACL are the best in the business around here to do it but (and I could be wrong) they were the only e-sport partner involved.

- More community involvement, many clans run tournaments all the time for the sea community as well as the clan wars themselves. I'm only involved as a player but I think it would help the scene if they were or could be involved in qualification process somehow. I think Arc looked at Noobschool being involved somehow before during the new forum opening, I think they largely shut down now but imagine how many of the right people would have taken notice of wcs if a qualification spot to participate in the tournament was the reward. Extra work but if there is a lead in time for the next tournament perhaps it's not all that much.

Overall.

89/100

Not perfect and in need of some improvements but a pretty dam good event put on by all involved.

We need to work with what we have got and with what works in the community already.
Not everything can be done or done in a day and as every Starcraft player learns resources need to be spent well.

Just my feedback hope it helps.
BTW

A replay pack from all streamed games can be found here.
I got it off a Maynarde post on sc2sea.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/488797/WCSOceaniaReplays2014-rar.html

Enjoy >.<
A replay pack from all streamed games can be found here.
I got it off a Maynarde post on sc2sea.

D:

THANKS!
>.<
I just found the SEA forum. (Dogsi here if any of ya remember me).