Balance test map follow-up

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 22 Next
01/09/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Dayvie
the 2013 is an error in the screenshot, it's this current season's data.

Is the general consensus from you and the balance team that this season's data (covering less than 6 days) is a sufficient reflection of long-term data that you have?
I wish that this would help put the Terran QQ to rest...but it won't.

Too many of them have been spoiled by WoL and the long era where Protoss was the weakest race.

Yeah, the stats are over a week period...but it's not really about that. What they are trying to say is that there is no basis to the severity of QQ going on about PvT, and that they won't listen as a result.

Seems fair enough to me.
David Kim, please make something about SH turtle T-T its hurting the game way too much in the observer experience.
It's worth noting during BL-Infestor era the raven buff they were planning was canceled after "zerg started struggling" aka snute and vortix lost 3-2 to the #1 terran MVP. I wouldn't put too much faith in this balance teams ability to accurately account for skill..

David Kim in august 2012 on state of zerg balance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQIg0W4bZ64#t=2m22s
01/09/2014 07:06 PMPosted by frauenarZt
Or... don't go bio. It's really easy to lose hard when Terran go bio 9/10 and there are more counters for bio than anything else in the game.

This is why we want Mech. because of that reason.
Please at least change the swarm host design slightly. Make swarmhosts walk over locusts. Change its design so that it is weaker against protoss and stronger against terran. Make it so that when you group it with other units you don't change its rally point everytime u issue a move command to the other units. This means that swarm hosts don't have to be a control group of its own which is mandatory right now. This frees up additional control groups for micro management of other spellcasters which opens up micro options and additional unit synergies with the swarmhost.
01/09/2014 06:34 PMPosted by JayKay
UHM guys..the win percentages are from 3rd jan to 9th jan 2013... ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I know right? Only 7 Days?

I bet it only has the small sample size of 100s of thousands of games!...are YOU serious?
Im defintely not helping this protoss problem since my winrate vs toss is 60% Lolz been scv pulling at the right time.....
I am just mad,nvm.I just don't care anymore,i don't understand this level of ...
RIP time to try out that game LOL.
so what is the black magic behind "skill adjusted winrates"

a) without more information about how this works, i'm not convinced that you can separate skill from imbalance based on ladder statistics alone
and even if you could,
b) with the current state of the ladder, do you really think that you have an accurate measure of player skill?
this is such a disappointing post to go by and justify the blatant imbalance with 6 days worth of "slight imbalance" just pitiful the extent to promote the protoss imbalance. Hopefully you guys open your eyes as to how broken the match up is.
Swarm Hosts are boring and drab, and too strong on certain maps. Please reduce emphasis of free units like Locusts. Locusts have 65 hp and insane DPS, and come 2 at a time and can travel halfway across map on small maps. They also produce extremely stale games. And oftentimes the P has 0 chance to win if the Z is playing it out without major mistakes. PLEASE to save SC2 esports do something about them.
so what is the black magic behind "skill adjusted winrates"

a) without more information about how this works, i'm not convinced that you can separate skill from imbalance based on ladder statistics alone
and even if you could,
b) with the current state of the ladder, do you really think that you have an accurate measure of player skill?

Yeah i feel like there is heavy tampering involved with these stats i would like to see straight up match statistics across all leagues for comparison.
01/09/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Grubby
Swarm Hosts are boring and drab, and too strong on certain maps. Please reduce emphasis of free units like Locusts. Locusts have 65 hp and insane DPS, and come 2 at a time and can travel halfway across map on small maps. They also produce extremely stale games. And oftentimes the P has 0 chance to win if the Z is playing it out without major mistakes. PLEASE to save SC2 esports do something about them.

Hahaha, good one. I almost thought you argued that Protoss has a harder time in PvZ than Zerg. Haha, that would be ridiculous xP .
Let me make sure I understand some things right:

All of this is based on perceived win rates.
The win rates have been somehow manipulated to "factor out" player skill.
The win rates are from the previous six calendar days.

Anyone who has taken a week of statistics; heck, anyone who reads the Wikipedia page about statistics, can tell you that six days of data will not give you statistically significant trends from which to draw conclusions about the PvT issues from the last 5+ months.

This player skill "factor out" mechanism sounds like murky data manipulation at best, and blatant fudging at worst.

Instead of all of this shadowy, manipulative talk, how about I tell you about my and other Terran players personal experience:

It is MISERABLE to play against Protoss right now unless your name is Polt, Innovation, Taeja, or Bomber. It is a feeling of helplessness, to put it simply.

~Super C.