Replays and Patch 2.1

General Discussion
ok so.

replay functions that have been implemented in heart of the swarm are now only going to work on new replays. not on any other heart of the swarm replays.

you're not talking about NEW 2.1 features not applying to 2.0.11 replays. you're talking about 2..011 features not applying to 2.0.11 replays.

what the heck are you doing to star craft?

This happens every patch. It's nothing new. He could've said it simpler as this: old replays cannot be watched with others because you have to load an old version of Starcraft to watch them, and old versions of Starcraft don't connect to the server. It's happened for several patches already: the replay format is changed, can't be read by the new client, and as a result have to be watched offline on an older client.

Replays Night will be pretty empty the week of 2.1. Maybe I will have to come up with some good Bronze league hero Zerg strats or get good!
01/15/2014 04:10 PMPosted by Raver
I hope this thread means that patch 2.1 is coming soon™.

i hope so too

This happens every patch. It's nothing new. He could've said it simpler as this: old replays cannot be watched with others because you have to load an old version of Starcraft to watch them, and old versions of Starcraft don't connect to the server. It's happened for several patches already: the replay format is changed, can't be read by the new client, and as a result have to be watched offline on an older client.

Replays Night will be pretty empty the week of 2.1. Maybe I will have to come up with some good Bronze league hero Zerg strats or get good!

Pro play is getting underway. Perhaps we can get some pro replays immediately after 2.1 is released?

Pro play is getting underway. Perhaps we can get some pro replays immediately after 2.1 is released?

You forgot to finish your thought Kaivax. Perhaps we can get some pro replays immediately after 2.1 is released, which is taking place on {{date}}.

is there an ESL event soon? they usually release replays very promptly. nobody else does (that i'm aware of)
soo... when is 2.1 going to be released?
01/16/2014 04:30 AMPosted by VieuxSinge
soo... when is 2.1 going to be released?

You really think there is a smidgeon of chance you'll get an answer which isn't 'Soon™'?
01/15/2014 03:10 PMPosted by TheSkunk
If you graph the curve of sin 26 it looks like this: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=graph+the+curve+of+26+sin

Not to ruin the playfulness of your post, but the domain used in your graph was arbitrarily chosen by WA. So the number 8 is basically random. hehe
01/16/2014 05:42 AMPosted by Equivocator
If you graph the curve of sin 26 it looks like this: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=graph+the+curve+of+26+sin

Not to ruin the playfulness of your post, but the domain used in your graph was arbitrarily chosen by WA. So the number 8 is basically random. hehe

To be honest, I just wanted to use a sin graph in my post but when after I made it I realized I had no idea how to continue the post after that which is why I did that. But yes, I realize its meaningless.
Hey, the more sine the better I say!
Kaviax: Money-hungry CEOs are holding him captive and keeping him

This is a call for action. It is obvious that Kaviax is trying to call for help by delaying Patch 2.1! We need to assemble a strike force to rescue Kaviax. I believe he is being held at Blizzard North facilities and we must send in Banshees, Ghosts, Dark Templars, and burrowed Roaches to rescue Kaviax.
Why isn't there like a converter for Replays?

I want to watch old !@# replays from forever ago that I saved with others but can't, and now even more so.
01/16/2014 05:55 AMPosted by BERZERKER
Kaviax: Money-hungry CEOs are holding him captive and keeping him

This is a call for action. It is obvious that Kaviax is trying to call for help by delaying Patch 2.1! We need to assemble a strike force to rescue Kaviax. I believe he is being held at Blizzard North facilities and we must send in Banshees, Ghosts, Dark Templars, and burrowed Roaches to rescue Kaviax.

There is an easy solution. Does anyone know where to find the Protis snip-
Yes Twelve! In anticipation of patch 2.1 we should revive the ol' game until the patch comes o-
Guys!

If I convert "timely" in http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp to binary, we get 011101000110100101101101011001010110110001111001.

That has 26 ones.

The lower of the two graphs has 8 peaks.

And guys, heres the best part. Read: http://www.numerology.com/numerology-numbers/8

The 8 balances the material and immaterial worlds. At its best, it is as spiritual as it is materialistic. The spiritual side of the 8 is practical, realistic and intelligent. It knows the difference between make-believe and genuine spiritual realizations. On the material plane, it is focused on results, often in the form of money, yet does not care much about money for the sake of money. It is not greedy, it sees money as a tool, not an end-result. It is generous and willing to take risks. People with strong 8s in their charts often make and lose fortunes a couple of times during their life. They never consider bankruptcy a reason to slow down or feel sorry, but, rather, come out stronger and more success-oriented than before

What this means is, there is a battle at Blizzard between people who really care about the company and those who are in it for money. (Thus the difference between material and non-material) So when Kaviax is saying "timely" its a hint that money-hungry CEOs are holding him captive and keeping him from saying when 2.1 comes out.

This becomes clear when he says "If you have any questions about the way this works, feel free to ask them here!" but you notice he doesn't reply when we ask when 2.1 is coming out, or any other questions. That's because it would blow his cover to those watching.

But there's more. Timely is an anagram for Tim Ely, an abbreviation of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Ely
Timothy C. Ely (born February 9, 1949) is a contemporary American painter, graphic artist and craftsman, known for creating single-copy handmade books as art objects.

From this we can conclude that patch 2.1 will be released this February, on the 9th!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post.
I watched that SC2 started to patch load something and I got exited but there was nothing in there :o
i dont know why but when viewing the replay the command box appear at the left side !? , Is that a bug or something and this problem is bugging me alot >.<
i dont know why but when viewing the replay the command box appear at the left side !? , Is that a bug or something and this problem is bugging me alot >.<

Mine is on the right. Try going into your settings and see if there is an option for what side its on.
So sad to wait some blizzard patch to enjoy the game,
we wait window mine nerf to enjoy the game,
now we waiting photon overcharge nerf but it s not enougth !

And after we will waiing new patch and new thing !

Please blizzard add some thing in you r game !

Clan war ladder , balance the 2v2, work on the gameplay , add some broodware units !
Do something ! So frustrated to wait 2month to have some changement about this poor game was hearst of the swarm

Don't wait to realese lotv to do something, cause half of you r players doesn't wait !

I hate LOL but riot do more for community than blizzard !

Sorry for my bad english
So we moved from Soon™ to Very Soon™.