Balance Update and Daedalus Point Fix Today

General Discussion
Good morning!

In a few hours, we're going to move forward with the Daedalus Point fix and the balance update mentioned in David Kim's latest forum post. The changes should be live in all regions before this evening and we shouldn't need to bring the StarCraft II service down in order to apply the update. We'll let you know as soon as we've rolled out the changes.

Thanks!
aww ye
Thank you very much!

Is there an ETA on the new balance test map, with the MSC vision nerf?
I'm going to be making so many Ghosts tonight lol.
Good morning. What does the newest Hydralisk look like?
02/04/2014 11:22 AMPosted by StarOFdadA

If they are going with the three definite changes listed in Dayvie's post only, today's balance patch won't change hydras at all.

02/04/2014 11:19 AMPosted by Incubus
I'm going to be making so many Ghosts tonight lol.

I loved Ghosts to begin with, so now it's really on!!!
When is the patch going to be applied to the EU server? In the night from tuesday to wednesday I assume, can that be?
Edit: I might need to put my glasses on to read what the first post says ... so before it is evening in US, the patch should be applied on EU aswell! :) yay
i hope that their is still a hydra buff
You have to understand people, just by removing enginnery bay as requirement to make missile turrets + sensor towers will balance almost all troubles with protoss all ins in early game, just that ! i don't get it why you talk so much changes and changes and never reacting to the problem... i'm master terran i know what i'm talking about.
....and Hydralisks are still going to be an unexistent unit.

Glad I started playing protoss.
Wow nice job guys!! This is the fastest I've seen blizzard move on anything. Balance aside, daeleus point needed to be changed ASAP it was really lame
Does that mean that changes to the hydralisk will come in about 3 months or in a year with LOTV
Why is this game being balanced around wall-offs vs zerg? Is this not a strategy game where people come up with creative solutions anymore?
02/04/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Icw
Why is this game being balanced around wall-offs vs zerg? Is this not a strategy game where people come up with creative solutions anymore?

Why wouldn't it be? If zerglings get in your natural it doesn't usually end well...........................................
02/04/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Icw

Sry u cant abuse a map anymore for free wins by A moving lings and banes into a opponents natural. Whats strategic about that ?
Hey all, quick update - We're in the process of deploying the balance changes for Time Warp and Ghost energy right now. It'll still be a couple of hours before we've rolled out the update to all regions, but thanks for being patient!

02/04/2014 11:22 AMPosted by StarOFdadA

Hydralisks still look pretty scary to me with all their slithering and spines. Wouldn't want to run into one of them in a dark alley, that's for sure!

There aren't any balance changes for them in this particular update but, like Dayvie mentioned, we're still looking to try out some sort of Hydra buff with the next test map.

02/04/2014 11:02 AMPosted by OPcharge
Thank you very much!

Is there an ETA on the new balance test map, with the MSC vision nerf?

Not yet, but keep a lookout for it. We'll definitely let you know when the balance team is ready to publish the next test map.
You guys talking about snipe or the corrupter at all?
Is the patch live? I just played a test game on Daedalus Point, that ramp looks unchanged.
So a stronger mid game for Terran and a weaker early game for Protoss sounds good to me. I've been advocating removing moebius reactor for a while so I'm glad it's being implemented. :)