Balance Update and Daedalus Point Fix Today

General Discussion
A ghost buff went through, cool!
02/04/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Spyrian
There aren't any balance changes for them in this particular update but, like Dayvie mentioned, we're still looking to try out some sort of Hydra buff with the next test map.

Would you kindly consider not changing the Hydralisk until LotV? I'd rather see it done right (where multiple stats can be adjusted at once) than select a singular change that will make it more difficult to balance in the future.
Hey all, quick update - We're in the process of deploying the balance changes for Time Warp and Ghost energy right now. It'll still be a couple of hours before we've rolled out the update to all regions, but thanks for being patient!

02/04/2014 11:22 AMPosted by StarOFdadA
Good morning. What does the newest Hydralisk look like?

Hydralisks still look pretty scary to me with all their slithering and spines. Wouldn't want to run into one of them in a dark alley, that's for sure!

There aren't any balance changes for them in this particular update but, like Dayvie mentioned, we're still looking to try out some sort of Hydra buff with the next test map.

02/04/2014 11:02 AMPosted by OPcharge
Thank you very much!

Is there an ETA on the new balance test map, with the MSC vision nerf?

Not yet, but keep a lookout for it. We'll definitely let you know when the balance team is ready to publish the next test map.

I'm loving the communication and interaction you guys have been having with the community as of late. This recent balance patch clearly indicates you listened to what the community wanted based on the TL vote thread and I just wanted to say I deeply appreciate it, and apologize for any nasty thing I may have said in the past.

And once again, thank you for your answer.
02/04/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Sole

Would you kindly consider not changing the Hydralisk until LotV? I'd rather see it done right (where multiple stats can be adjusted at once) than select a singular change that will make it more difficult to balance in the future.

I'm not sure the game can survive a whole year of "Corruptor vs Protoss"
02/04/2014 03:20 PMPosted by TheHound
You guys talking about snipe or the corrupter at all?

Hi TheHound, just wondering if you were considering the Target AI feature. Do you think with this implemented, Snipe still needs consideration, and if so what kind? Thanks

(for those who don't know, this function allows one to hold down the snipe button, etc, and select target with snipe button; in other words wave the mouse over target without having to left click).

Suggestion: As a way to help casual players, having the option somewhere to use this for any spell function would make casuals feel like pros and at the same time not be a pro without compromising the top games as I hear Professionals already employ this in use for creep spread, snipe, feedback, etc.
02/04/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Spyrian
[url="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/12802185/"]Balance update is live[/url]! gogogo!

GONE!!!
GG
Insignificant changes at the ladder level, but I'm sure pros will appreciate free EMPs.
Do you guys think you can update the Game Guide with all of the changes? It'll be easier for new people to catch up.

Thanks!
I love the changes you have made, and as a Protoss player, so ready for people to stop complaining and using race as an excuse to !@#$ on people's skill level.

The only thing I have a problem with is their response to the Swarm Host. It's just not designed as an attacking or aggressive unit in and of itself. The locusts are, but having them upgraded to survive a rally across the whole map on most maps in the map pool just doesn't give the player incentive to move the SH themselves away from the wall of static defense they set up due to the bank saved by the free units. Add that to the extremely slow movement speed which makes them easily picked off, the super slow burrow/unburrow speed and there is absolutely no reason to ever move them until they have already seiged down an expansion or group of units, or transitioned to a massive army that the remaining army of the opponent just has no chance due to the resources needed to combat this composition. I think making it more of a hit-and-run unit, increasing movement speed and burrow speed would be a big step in the right direction. Probably even removing the enduring locust upgrade and adding something else that gives incentive to use them in an aggressive manner. This would increase the level of skill needed to use them, and increase the gameplay while utilizing this composition. Because right now it's boring to watch, and from every zerg I hear from, it's boring to play as well.

Rather than the Tempest buff, I would much rather see Carrier's interceptors not cost minerals to make. That would at least even out the resource advantage that swarm host give the Zerg in this matchup.
Hey how about a Frenzy option for Hydralisks? That option was bada$$ in the campaign.
02/04/2014 08:00 PMPosted by ArTiFaKs
I love the changes you have made, and as a Protoss player, so ready for people to stop complaining and using race as an excuse to !@#$ on people's skill level.

You can't possibly say you're that surprised by it, though. You can even look at your own personal records: over 900 games played, only had 1 gold league finish as a previous best, and suddenly you're platinum material? You either had the greatest RTS epiphany or you got carried during a time when the Protoss race is clearly overpowered.

Well, was overpowered, perhaps? Depends how far this patch actually goes in addressing the blatant problems -- which from community/pro perspectives, doesn't seem like enough, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
Posted by Spyrian

Is not surprise for me. Zerg buff has been removed same as many time before.

Thx for nothing.

David make from zerg only wild animals for hunting.
Dear Blizzard, from the Protoss. As you know we are all looking forward to 25% less whinging from Terran but do you mind giving us a little advanced warning next time? just like a day or two so we know when where going to have to change our style of play against mech and what have you, thanks.

Signed

The Protoss
Jesus bro, I play zerg and this makes me want to play terran sooooo much..... Switching time now!!!!
02/05/2014 01:06 AMPosted by Delusional
Dear Blizzard, from the Protoss. As you know we are all looking forward to 25% less whinging from Terran but do you mind giving us a little advanced warning next time? just like a day or two so we know when where going to have to change our style of play against mech and what have you, thanks.

Signed

The Protoss

They have posted the issue quite in advance actually. As a suggestion then as an accouncement and then they finally say they implement it. It's fine.

Signed

The Protoss

Depends what you call "whinging" as some of the complaints have been justified,and they still haven't addressed the problems of mech in any way. At most they've applied a band-aid solution while ignoring the underlying issues.
The Daedalus Point ramp change is disgustingly hilarious because Protoss don't know how to press F on their keyboard
02/05/2014 02:34 AMPosted by FalseMotive
Jesus bro, I play zerg and this makes me want to play terran sooooo much..... Switching time now!!!!

I switched from Zerg to Terran. The Zerg expansion has made Zerg the most boring, uncreative race to play.