Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 30)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
My guy doesn't risk lives. It's something he simply does not do.
There is also Kay-Oh! Inc. HQ (sign-up: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11206120586)

As well as This is Their Story: Restoration (sign-up: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11224122446#1)
02/20/2014 06:40 PMPosted by Zarkun
My guy doesn't risk lives. It's something he simply does not do.

How is it possible for a military officer to not accept that in order to achieve victory, you must risk lives?

If, in order to secure the evacuation of an entire platoon, he would have to risk one guy's life to cover the other men while they get on the shuttle, would he do it? Or would he reply "NO, CAN'T RISK LIVES. IT'S SOMETHING I SIMPLY DO NOT DO."

I find Joseph Cronus never risking any lives quite honestly, absurd. In the RP, he's risking lives right now by sending his troops out.

But fine, even if you can explain how he gets away with never risking a single life, I ask you why he chooses to never risk a single life? At what point did he decide that he was never going to risk life? Why did he chose that? Have you even thought out the character development behind that huge life decision to never risk lives as a military officer?
...Whoa.

Is that really relevant, though?
You ever hear of taking things too seriously? He won't risk others lives, if he's aware. Keep in mind you've told him jack squat of what's going on, something that is not very conducive to saving the lives you're attempting to save. In retrospect, I should have been clearer. However, also in retrospect, perhaps your powers of deduction aren't as sharp as I assumed.
Well, you should probably take into account that in the military you're supposed to obey orders. In the UED military you're supposed to obey them without question. A soldier who won't do that in order to avoid risking lives must have a very good reason.
@Zarkun: Don't tell me my logic isn't sharp after committing a Red-Herring logical fallacy, my good friend :P Go ahead and scroll back up and answer my questions. You didn't answer anything.

I'm not asking you if he's aware of the situation at hand. I'm asking you if Joseph Cronus would risk lives ever, like you said he wouldn't do.
Well, allow me to first address KO and point out that no matter how badly Ian wants it, there will be no real military structure. Too many civilians and too long outside of such a way of life. Best way would be a council of some sort, but that's my two sense. Mark, I reinstate, I left a lot up to interpretation. Obviously a mistake on my part that I won't be repeating.
02/20/2014 08:29 PMPosted by Zarkun
Mark, I reinstate, I left a lot up to interpretation. Obviously a mistake on my part that I won't be repeating.

Another Red Herring ;)

You actually didn't leave hardly anything up to interpretation. It was quite simple. "My character doesn't risk lives." No interpreting there. It was pretty clear and straightforward.

there will be no real military structure.

Actually, there is military structure right now... soooo...?
No, there's real military structure, which is what we don't have, then there's local militia structure, which we do have. And just because YOU lack the ability to interpret things on your own doesn't mean others don't. I'm not in a good mood right now, so I'm not pushing this any further. I ask that you just drop it.
02/20/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Zarkun
No, there's real military structure, which is what we don't have, then there's local militia structure, which we do have.

Fortunately, local militia structure imitates real military structure. Therefore, even if it's not as tight as they'd like it to be, it's still military structure.

02/20/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Zarkun
And just because YOU lack the ability to interpret things on your own doesn't mean others don't. I'm not in a good mood right now, so I'm not pushing this any further. I ask that you just drop it.

Others? Why are you talking about others? It's just me and you. Again, my ability to interpret things is working just fine. Fortunately, even if it wasn't, you made your statement pretty darn clear. Shall I quote it again?

You know what? Instead of pulling another Red Herring, you just asked me to drop it. I'll respect your wishes. (Of course, you had to throw in an Ad Hominem logical fallacy, but that's O.K. ;D)

Say, what's the status on Objective: Survive? You got some characters/ideas brewing?
I've got a couple characters I started for some other RPs, but those never got started or are currently on hold. I'll see if I can't finish them and then I'll just make a new thread.
Awesome. Do you think you're ready for 1 on 1 RPing? It's gong to take some serious effort. Posts will have to be two to three paragraphs minimum. Interest will be lost fast if we don't fill it with a well-thought out plot and characters and just dang good RPing.
Well, I'm currently having an issue getting a backstory to flow out of my mind correctly, so it might be a little longer.
no matter how badly Ian wants it, there will be no real military structure.

We're still in the second chapter. If LVH lasts as long and goes as far as I hope, we'll see some discipline popping up before the end.
I'm still of the opinion it won't be nearly as militaristic as he'd like.
Zarkun, it occurs to me that we don't have a reason for Darkova not to be 'modernized' besides a handwave.
And that is fine.

But the random thought jumped into my head: What if there is just no Vespine Gas in the solar system?
This means a few different things:

-No interstellar traffic, because you can't get fuel there.
-Only traffic would be to bring Vespine to the planet for the very rich.
-No way off the planet unless you sneak on a supply ship
--(Considering that you don't want monsters escaping the system... Probably check those fairly thoroughly)
-Can't make things like Thors and Tanks, those are imports too.
Never once have I implied that it's not modernized, I just...felt like maybe I could leave a fair number up to imagination. Don't forget in the first iteration there was a group of Incubus on Korhal.
02/21/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Zarkun
I'm still of the opinion it won't be nearly as militaristic as he'd like.

As he'd like? You're right, probably never. More that it is now? I'm betting yes.

But we'll see. Maybe he can't pull it off.
It doesn't necessarily have to be militaristic to make it home with everyone, just saying.