Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 30)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
I begin whapping everyone on the head with the blunted Colossus leg. "Neither... ANARCHY! ANARCHY FOR ALL! YOU GET TO STEAL TVS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS! YOU CAN SHOOT ALL THE TVS YOU WANT! HELL! YOU DON'T EVEN NEED YOUR ID AND A SUICIDE NOTE WHEN YOU TRY A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING!"
02/12/2014 07:59 PMPosted by ShadowFury
I begin whapping everyone on the head with the blunted Colossus leg. "Neither... ANARCHY! ANARCHY FOR ALL! YOU GET TO STEAL TVS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS! YOU CAN SHOOT ALL THE TVS YOU WANT! HELL! YOU DON'T EVEN NEED YOUR ID AND A SUICIDE NOTE WHEN YOU TRY A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING!"

TYRANNY AND ANARCHY ARE NEVER FAR APART.
KnarledOne raises a valid point. Overthrows are very hard on most of the 'upper' levels of government.

Animus/Smylez... I applaud your writing in the above post. If they had put that scene in Starcraft or some similar game it would have fit in perfectly with Mengsk's personality.

Ahem.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Citizens of the bar. A time of rebellion is upon us. A power that has stood not uncontested, but certainly unshaken, for almost two years now comes under threat from within. Order has suffered its first serious defeat in a very long time, and it is time that we responded to this. The weeds of malcontent now pollute our very environment.

This is not a time for declarations from on high. This is not a time for appeasement.
This is a time of war.

As such, I have once again taken the form of a warrior. A warrior that some of you will recognize and some of you won't. A form in which I fought the Lemmons Side of the Force with... The form I worked through during the era of Cloaked Love...

The form of Warfield.

Unite. War is upon us. I intend to help you wage it.
I begin whaping Zanon over the head along with all of the speakers around the bar. "IF YOU JOIN ME, I'LL EVEN SHARE THE REALLY RARE RESERVES!"
Animus/Smylez...[it] fits in perfectly with my personality.

Fixed that for you.

Ah should've probably gave the second highest threat level to IAreLemons instead of ace.
==
[From the obscured TV screen]

"AH THE DICTATOR ARRIVES IN HIS POMPOUS MILITARY REGALIA! HOW GOES YOUR BEARD TYRANT?!"
@MarkThaneKriosTheSpacePirate:
War Pigs.

I'm just going to ignore these up upstart revolutionaries. People only have power if you pay attention to them.
@Warhawk:
02/12/2014 08:35 PMPosted by Warhawk
@MarkThaneKriosTheSpacePirate:
War Pigs.

02/12/2014 06:48 PMPosted by SpacePirate
Being sick for two weeks sure sucks. I'm trying to catch up with work. Sorry. The RP's come after.

I might find time tonight. Wish me luck in my search for said time.

"No!" I exclaim, leveling my rifle and obliterating the thugs who had seized KnarledOne. "For Alderaan! For the Old Order!" I exclaim, jumping on the table where KO was and thrusting my rifle into the air.
I begin whapping Warhawk over the head a bunch. "Well, you just referred to us, thus not ignoring us. And I am no revolutionary. I am a Reversinary. Someone trying to make things go backwards rather than forwards."
"Oh come on. You ruined the drama of the situation."

I take away SF's Colossus leg and shake my head at him.

"Seriously, what is this notion that we must go backwards or forward? As you know, positive jing is for when you are attacking. Negative jing is for retreating. But I prefer neutral jing... where you do nothing. And neutral jing is the key to Earthbending!"

KnarledOne uses Greater Earthbending!

An Earthquake has begun!

Now I just need to slip out to my new weapons store to arm up...
I sit at my usual table, watching events unfold before speaking. "I'd like to say I'm not riding with Democracy. Democracy can burn. True democracy is impossible to reach. All we can do is survive. Fight and survive. It's all I do."
So, Animus, is this true Democracy or just some excuse for it as we pretend it's a Democracy when in turn it's in fact just a Republic like the United States?
02/13/2014 04:04 AMPosted by CrymsonRaven
So, Animus, is this true Democracy or just some excuse for it as we pretend it's a Democracy when in turn it's in fact just a Republic like the United States?

The United States is a Constitutional Democratic Republic. There's no way we have enough citizens to even make a Republic.

We would have to be purely democratic, like the Greeks.
A democracy is when EVERYONE votes. A republic is when you have elected officials. So all in all, we are more of a republic than a democracy. And do not say we vote for our president, because we do not as we elect the people electing our president.
It will grow back.

How can you not see the folly of your attempt at overthrow? Not only are your efforts (almost) guaranteed to lose, you have brought into this place the second most feared discussion... Politics.
02/13/2014 02:14 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
A democracy is when EVERYONE votes. A republic is when you have elected officials. So all in all, we are more of a republic than a democracy. And do not say we vote for our president, because we do not as we elect the people electing our president.

I know... Everyone who's gone to highschool should know... Everyone who considers themselves educated individuals should know... Why are you saying this?

We are what's called a Constitutional Democratic Republic. Notice we are a Republic as the noun. and Democratic as the adjective. We're not more this and less that. It's not a cake recipe.

02/13/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Zanon
loose

Lose*

you have brought into this place the second most feared discussion... Politics.

You have nothing to fear. This is a discussion on different government types. We're good.
02/13/2014 02:37 PMPosted by SpacePirate
This is a discussion on different government types. We're good.

Fair enough.
02/13/2014 01:17 PMPosted by SpacePirate
There's no way we have enough citizens to even make a Republic.

Inaccurate, a Republic is determined by it's government type, not it's number of citizens. Learned that in government too.
Three-hundred-thirty-million people isn't enough for a republic? You could have twenty people in the entire society and have it be a republic! And the way that Crymson describes it, it does sound an awful lot like a republic, especially with the fact that you have a party called the Republicans.

Not saying Canada is purely Democratic, thirty-three million people is too much for us to vote on all of our issues, but we directly vote our leaders into their positions, as they represent us and our views. And we have five parties, each representing our general views, each with their different types of ways to run government and laws they wish to produce.. The Separatists, the Communists, the Conservative Communists, the Conservatives, and the Tree-Huggers.
How can you not see the folly of your attempt at overthrow? Not only are your efforts (almost) guaranteed to lose, you have brought into this place the second most feared discussion... Politics.

LOSE? DEMOCRACY HAS NOTHING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN. THE DISCUSSION OF POLITICS IS OFTEN THE FIRST SEED OF REVOLUTION.

02/12/2014 10:38 PMPosted by Zarkun
Democracy can burn. True democracy is impossible to reach.

COMMUNIST DETECTED.
02/13/2014 04:28 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Three-hundred-thirty-million people isn't enough for a republic? You could have twenty people in the entire society and have it be a republic! And the way that Crymson describes it, it does sound an awful lot like a republic, especially with the fact that you have a party called the Republicans.

No. We don't have enough people in JoeyRay's bar for a Republic. We certainly have enough in the United States for a republic.

Like I said twice before, we are a Constitutional Democratic Republic. We are a Republic!

02/13/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Zarkun
Inaccurate, a Republic is determined by it's government type, not it's number of citizens. Learned that in government too.

... What...? No... You sound kind of silly. I know what a Republic is. And I also know that JRB: population counted on two hands, is not a Republic! We don't need to be a Republic because we are so small!

02/12/2014 10:38 PMPosted by Zarkun
True democracy is impossible to reach.

Now where do you get ideas like this? It actually is possible to reach...?