Maze [Proleague] next season?

General Discussion
Protoss might need a little love when next season rolls around. The maps currently in the pool will make it pretty hard to hold a third base. So, maybe include proleague's Maze next time?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Maze
Ew, no.
I recently watched Stork vs herO on Maze. It's definitely an interesting map. It was fun to see how they used the rocks early on to help their positioning.

It will be fun to see how it ends up working out in Proleague. We'll be keeping an eye on it.
04/14/2014 05:09 PMPosted by SwansGoMoo
Ew, no.
Please, no. Please.
Yes
04/14/2014 07:24 PMPosted by SymphoniC
Please

I want it. I want it a lot.
04/14/2014 06:16 PMPosted by Psione
I recently watched Stork vs herO on Maze. It's definitely an interesting map. It was fun to see how they used the rocks early on to help their positioning.

It will be fun to see how it ends up working out in Proleague. We'll be keeping an eye on it.

O.o

o.O

O.o

O__O

Dear god.... Please think about this twice...
If it became a ladder map I think zerg would just cease to be played.
holy choke points...

edit: protoss player here. this map would be way too good for toss and meching terrans
But blizzard loves rocks!

I honestly can't believe someone else beat them to this.
04/14/2014 07:45 PMPosted by Sepheron
holy choke points...

edit: protoss player here. this map would be way too good for toss and meching terrans

Very wise words.
That's so neat! The starting layout creates the illusion of a much larger map due to having to travel around all it's curves, and as the game progresses, you have the option of shortening distances. Or mayb be you'll try and stop the other player from shortening distances to keep it long.

Couldn't zerg take advantage of this with infestors and swarm hosts? Early mutalisks could swarm over the map easily, right? I definitely want to try this map out later and see more like it.
PLEASEEEE! I WANT THIS MAP! idgaf I would die as zerg, I want to play this map on ladder :)
04/14/2014 07:29 PMPosted by kappavilo
If it became a ladder map I think zerg would just cease to be played.
Have you seen the ladder maps? All Zerg favoured...
We'll be keeping an eye on it.

Thanks. I really appreciate the team's willingness to push along the meta-game through different styles of maps. It's good to know that you're not afraid to break convention, if you think it's in the best interest of the game.
04/15/2014 01:29 PMPosted by Sole
We'll be keeping an eye on it.

Thanks. I really appreciate the team's willingness to push along the meta-game through different styles of maps. It's good to know that you're not afraid to break convention, if you think it's in the best interest of the game.

You saw what it did with Daedalus and Alterzim... Everyone had these maps on veto... at least before the ramp fix.

Maze would be absolutely pointless on a ladder map pool cause Zerg and Terran are gonna insta-veto it. Everything that will be played on will be PvP...
If only we could downvote Blizz posts to show them how much we don't like the idea.
I can only veto so many bad maps.
God save my queens.
pls no
holy choke points...

I don't know if that is true.

Maze would be absolutely pointless on a ladder map pool cause Zerg and Terran are gonna insta-veto it. Everything that will be played on will be PvP...

I know this isn't true, as I veto no maps.

Unless I'm seeing this wrong, there's a big ramp in the direction of the harder to defend third, giving Zerg an alternate ground route into the main. I'm ALL for that.
Unless I'm mistaken, Zerg could wall off to tech at faster than normal speeds.

Usually, Zerg has the advantage on most of the map, which is pretty open, and Terran/Protoss have an advantage defending. This means Terran and Protoss just turtle or all-in, and Zerg don't do anything with their big open map, unless their opponent lets them.
By shifting some of the advantage to Terran and Protoss on the field, and some to Zerg at attacking the main, I think it can make some interesting games. Theorycrafting.