UI Suggestion: "Saturate geyser" button

General Discussion
One of the most frustrating things in SC2 for me is making sure I have 3 workers on each geyser after having to pull my workers off the line. The new change that adds a worker count to geysers helps, but I'd like to see Blizzard take it a step further and add a button on the geyser that automatically pulls nearby workers in order to saturate the geyser.

Take the example of pulling workers off the line to avoid harass. Without the button, you have to check how many workers are on each geyser, select just the right number of workers (which isn't always easy when the mineral line is packed), then right-click on the geyser. With the "saturate geyser" button, you just ctrl-click a geyser, press a hotkey, and boom you're done. This makes a big difference if you're being harassed a lot.

What do you guys think? Am I the only one that finds this frustrating.
Dude didn't you read the new patch notes?

They have added a counter on gas stuctures that shows how many worker you have on it.

Its not done for you, but now one look and you know if you have optimal gas saturation.
lol, obviously you don't read too well.

One of the most frustrating things in SC2 for me is making sure I have 3 workers on each geyser after having to pull my workers off the line. The new change that adds a worker count to geysers helps, but I'd like to see Blizzard take it a step further and add a button on the geyser that automatically pulls nearby workers in order to saturate the geyser.

He's suggesting a button that when clicked, pulls the nearest 3 workers in.
Since this is the same for every player, it's a matter of skill, and thus not a problem.

Unlikely to get implemented
12/06/2010 5:23 AMPosted by Cyanide
lol, obviously you don't read too well.

He's suggesting a button that when clicked, pulls the nearest 3 workers in.

Why should i read his post, I know its written there, but i want a button that just puts the information directly into my brain!

My humor is lost on you I see.
Ah maybe i shouldn't be so mean but i was trying to make him explain it all over again. instead you did it for him. which seems to be how he likes things done.
while we are at it lets just ad a button that auto injects larva for us, also expands for us and auto generates the perfect amount of drones for full saturation and sends the rest off to one of our auto expansions for us.

cause you know, why play the game? after all its all about the attacking units anyways!
grab three guys and send em to the geyser. There is a button for that. Its the left click on your mouse :)

When you pull of the line and you are sending them back you can grab 6 and send them to the gas, hold shift and deselect 3, and click the other three right over to the other gas.

I don't mean to make fun but that is a bit too automatic.
Blizzard,

Can I please have a button that wins the game for me? I find that playing Starcraft II is a little too taxing on my brain and I would rather just have a button that does everything for me so I can be as good as the koreans without having to practice at all.

Thanks!
I love how a request for any UI tweak, no matter how minor, inevitably reaches ridiculous levels of slippery slope fallacy.

People said the same complaints about rallying workers to minerals or features like smartcast, or even better pathing. Well guess what? Those things didn't ruin the game.
I don't think it would be a huge problem. The good players would use that micro time to enhance the part of the game that matters (combat micro, production micro, etc). The command center already does this to load up scvs, I see no reason why geysers shouldn't do it too.
Yea I'd love to see this. I hate how when you get your workers attacked and have to pull them, when they go back you have to redo the ones on gas is really annoying. This would be a good UI feature if it was in the game.

The people complaining have no solid argument, it's not a "play the game for me" thing, it just takes off one of the annoying aspects of managing a base.