Anyone attended a Barcraft?

General Discussion
Thinking about going to HSC IX. It's not that far and I don't have anything better to do, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this kind of thing.

On the one hand, I think it would be pretty darn cool to see MC.

On the other hand, I don't really like people.
06/04/2014 03:59 AMPosted by JuliusCheesR
On the other hand, I don't really like people.

XD

Nope. Never been to a barcraft. Saw one of the IEM live though. That was interesting.
06/04/2014 04:03 AMPosted by BabySteps
Nope. Never been to a barcraft. Saw one of the IEM live though. That was interesting.

Hmm I'm a bit afraid I'll go there and they'll all speak German and I'll be like..'Ich bin ein Berliner ;_;'.
are you an expat in German? XD

Well, just demand that they speak aMurican :D
I've been to a few. They're a ton of fun, I even won a T-shirt while I was at one.

Fair warning though that most have an age requirement, some are 18+, others are 21+, check in advance if this could affect you.

Edit: also, in my experience you want to show up close to the start of the matches, by about 2ish hours after the stream goes live the place I went to started to get full, at which point any newcomers had to stand the entire time.
I've been to 3. They're lots of fun, nothing beats the combo of beer and starcraft ^^
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like you were both really positive about it. I'm going ^-^
I've never been, but I feel like you really should go if you have the opportunity. It could be a rare and valuable (if not once in a lifetime) experience.

I'd kill for a barcraft around here...
06/04/2014 04:08 AMPosted by JuliusCheesR
Hmm I'm a bit afraid I'll go there and they'll all speak German and I'll be like..'Ich bin ein Berliner ;_;'.

Most Germans know english, and I think most of the people there are willing to talk to you about starcraft in english (in the end, most words you can say about starcraft are english already).
I've been to several BarCrafts and had a lot of fun. Even if you don't feel like being social, it's nice having others that cheer alongside you while watching the matches.

Good food and drinks are also a plus. :)
i've been to barcrafts. it's fun.

if you're within reach of the HSC barcraft that is amazing. GO.

FLY!
I just thought of something guys. It's a Barcraft. I can't drive lol.

Better look for a train I guess. Good thing I thought of it before getting there.

06/04/2014 10:11 AMPosted by SoulmaN
Most Germans know english, and I think most of the people there are willing to talk to you about starcraft in english (in the end, most words you can say about starcraft are english already).

Good point.

06/04/2014 01:34 PMPosted by avilboeman
i've been to barcrafts. it's fun.

if you're within reach of the HSC barcraft that is amazing. GO.

FLY!

06/04/2014 09:54 AMPosted by SwansGoMoo
I've never been, but I feel like you really should go if you have the opportunity. It could be a rare and valuable (if not once in a lifetime) experience.

I'd kill for a barcraft around here...

Not exactly close (approximately 250 miles), but still close enough for it not be too big of a problem :)
I wish. New Hampshire seems to dislike fun.
Your from NH brother?
Also forgot to mention - they usually give away free stuff (shirts, keychains, posters) and have custome made cocktails.

I had a baneling bust and a blue flame hellion last time :D
What exactly is a barcraft?
06/05/2014 02:25 AMPosted by zerganator

What it sounds like SC2 watching a tournament in a bar with drinks
06/05/2014 02:25 AMPosted by zerganator

Either daily sports bars or dedicated esports bars (like Meltdown in Paris) who play tournaments on big screens while enjoying drinks and foods (often related to the event).

They're usually supported by Blizzard - advertising them online, having video calls with the casters of the event, and sending gifts like shirts, keychains and posters.
They're few and far between in Michigan.
I went to a Barcraft. Met a couple of cool people there, including a TL banling/mod. Everyone was super friendly and it was really cool to talk to a bunch of other people who liked SC2.