What's being done with the SH?

General Discussion
have they said anything?
yes, they said that the best way to fix sh is changing broodlord, so they did

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dayvie shared his thoughts and plans for this unit a little over a month ago. Here's a section of his post that's relevant to your question.

05/06/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Dayvie
Over the last few months, we’ve been internally playtesting a variety of design changes to the Swarm Host. We’ve come to believe that, in the long term, a change to overall Swarm Host design could be a good thing, but in the short term, we’d prefer to not disrupt the interesting non-stalemate Swarm Host play we currently see. Therefore, we don’t believe in removing the unit or completely redesigning it at this time. Drastic changes to the way the Swarm Host currently works could affect the game negatively, as the unit plays a key role in various matchups.
Can I be provided some example of Mr.Kim's "non-stalemate" Swarm Host gameplay, Psione, mi amici?
06/18/2014 08:13 AMPosted by Trapintime
Can I be provided some example of Mr.Kim's "non-stalemate" Swarm Host gameplay, Psione, mi amici?

Basically every game with SHs in them except for the 3-4 that are mentioned whenever SHs come up. Most SH play does not lead to a stalemate - either the zerg techs away from SHs or the other player gets enough up to walk over them.
I really wish DK would be more interactive with the community. We shouldn't be so in the dark about where Blizzard stands on balance and design. Why is he or another balance team spokesperson ever here to communicate with people on the forums? I've been playing SC2 for more than a year and I've been active in the community (reddit, TL, this forum) and except for one really weak AMA where only answered a few softball questions, I have never seen DK interact directly with the community, answer questions, or respond to some major community concerns (over things like Mothership core, lack of zerg anti-air, terran under performance).

We are customers, and a very loyal fan base (many have quit this game; those who remain are extremely loyal and passionate about this game. I think David Kim (or someone else on balance) owes us some of his/her time to discuss some of the issues the community feels need to be addressed.
Can I be provided some example of Mr.Kim's "non-stalemate" Swarm Host gameplay, GameofDrones, mi amici?
06/18/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Trapintime
[quote]Can I be provided some example of Mr.Kim's "non-stalemate" Swarm Host gameplay, GameofDrones, mi amici?

If you're looking for a few examples, off the top of my head: Jjakji vs Revival mech game; Puck vs Stephano, Patience vs Stephano, basically all of Catz' games, and all of stephano's tournament games except for the ZvZ that sparked all of the controversy.
Did we ever stop to think that maybe the SH isn't the problem, but just the way the player is choosing to use them? Is there really no other way to win without them?
06/18/2014 08:13 AMPosted by Trapintime

Any Violet ZVP
06/18/2014 08:10 AMPosted by Psione
Dayvie [url="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12675108879"]shared [/url]his thoughts and plans for this unit a little over a month ago. Here's a section of his post that's relevant to your question.

05/06/2014 10:06 AMPosted by Dayvie
Over the last few months, we’ve been internally playtesting a variety of design changes to the Swarm Host. We’ve come to believe that, in the long term, a change to overall Swarm Host design could be a good thing, but in the short term, we’d prefer to not disrupt the interesting non-stalemate Swarm Host play we currently see. Therefore, we don’t believe in removing the unit or completely redesigning it at this time. Drastic changes to the way the Swarm Host currently works could affect the game negatively, as the unit plays a key role in various matchups.

So far there is no evidence that not stalemate swarmhost games exist,shouldn't blizzard be thinking about the bigger picture where most of the "rally your free units to your opponents base" games represent the majority of games where SH are involved?