Season 3 Ladder Map Update - July 11

General Discussion
Today we published updated versions of three maps in the 2014 Season 3 Ladder map pool. As we explained earlier in the week, these changes were made to fix existing bugs and react to player feedback. With the maps now updated in all regions, here the details of the changes.

Deadwing LE
  • The raised platforms in the center of the map no longer allow unit pathing
  • The placement of certain platforms near the main bases have been shifted
  • Deadwing LE should now display the correct map name in enGB clients

Nimbus LE
  • Cross spawns have been enabled
  • Nimbus LE should now display the correct map name in enGB clients

Foxtrot Labs LE
  • The map lighting has been adjusted

We'll continue to keep an eye on the maps as the season continues, and we want to thank everyone who has helped provide feedback thus far.
THANK GOD,. thanks for quick fix
Great to see quick adjustments. No changes on the spawns so far then I guess (except Nimbus cross but I'm talking more specifically about horizontal spawns of Deadwing / Foxtrot).
It would be great if you could visually document these changes with a before/after picture. Thanks for the work.

I know I'm asking a lot but could you perhaps be a bit more upfront/talk to the community more? You guys seem to think one to two posts a day (usually more statements than actually being involved with the community) constitutes communication.

Information like why releasing even a TEST map takes so long? Shouldn't it be released to be tested? If you have decided against a test map, perhaps indicate why? It's quite a tease posting information then not following it up in a timely fashion.
There is a bug on Catallena showcased during redbull. Reapers can jump really far when going up cliffs on certain parts of the map
Please, remove the horizontal spawns on Deadwing.
07/11/2014 07:27 PMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII

Ya..siege tanks can attack natural mineral line from the rocks ( thats partially ok)

But... the worst... My third base can be hit by siege tank from their 3rd base...wtf O_O

Give these spots to a player like Avilo, and im pretty sure his win rate will be 90%.
Appreciate the quick updates.
You forgot the update that says Deadwing's been removed from the ladder pool! ;)
07/11/2014 07:31 PMPosted by Snake

Ya..siege tanks can attack natural mineral line from the rocks ( thats partially ok)

But... the worst... My third base can be hit by siege tank from their 3rd base...wtf O_O

Give these spots to a player like Avilo, and im pretty sure his win rate will be 90%.

Then don't take that base as your 3rd? The map has way too many bases as it is, just skip it and take the next closest one (which is still extremely close once the rocks go down). It's usually not a good idea to expand towards T anyway...
@Psione Please look at this and if able to implement! It would be great to have better in-game descriptions. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13423452302#1
Thanks for the quick fix!
07/11/2014 08:10 PMPosted by NegativeZero
07/11/2014 07:31 PMPosted by Snake

Then don't take that base as your 3rd? The map has way too many bases as it is, just skip it and take the next closest one (which is still extremely close once the rocks go down). It's usually not a good idea to expand towards T anyway...

They can attack the natural...........
07/11/2014 06:34 PMPosted by Psione
Deadwing LE should now display the correct map name in enGB clients

Aha never considered that might be a factor
Shouldn't Foxtrot be cross spawn only? It's a bit unfair if for example both you and your opponent spawn horizontally because say you're both at the top of the map—one player will be close to a gold mineral patch (top left) and the player in the top right corner will be far away from the one in the bottom right, making it a little unfair for expanding.

Can you explain the logic for leaving it the way it is, if you won't be doing that? It seems unfair that one player will have an inherent advantage based on a roll of the dice while the other won't if they end up with a horizontal spawn.
The cross spawn change on Nimbus doesn't seem to have gone through on the EU ladder yet.
Can you verify that EU has been updated aswell?

This this this this.

Why wasn't this done?

Nimbus LE

You might want to fix this typo...
07/12/2014 03:37 AMPosted by ExtraneouS

Nimbus LE

You might want to fix this typo...

Corrected. Thanks!