Getting Dropped

Mac Technical Support
Post Limit:
I'm getting dropped while playing multiplayer games on Starcraft II. I searched the internet for answers and I haven't found a problem similar to this since release. More directly I'm playing Mercy TD.

:[
Me too, but only when I'm playing Mercy. I thought some loser was using drop hack at first, but then it happened again and again.
on 12/18/10

i keep getting dropped from bnet, help me out! happened 4 times today!

what the He** is going on?

its starting to aggravate me.
Please send us a copy of your Apple system profiler at macsupport@blizzard.com so we can see if there is a variable that you are having so we can get this worked out as fast as possible for you so you can continue to PWN all in Multiplayer

1. Click the Apple in the upper left hand corner and choose "About this Mac."
2. Click the "More Info" button.
3. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
4. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.
5. When you send it to macsupport@blizzard.com, attach it as a file
Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Hey guys,

I'm seeing the same problem, and I can confirm this ONLY happens on Mercy TD on the mac. This same custom game on the same computer and internet connection but rebooted into Windows (ala Boot Camp) does NOT cause these disconnection issues.

I tried to report a bug to Blizzard and was told that this is not a problem with the game but with this custom mod and I should go to this forum to chat with ya'll. But I believe any inconsistency of this nature between the Mac and Windows version of the game is a bug in the game, and not this mod. This mod merely brought out a vulnerability/bug/inconsistency in the Mac version of SC2.

Can you all above confirm you're on macs also? :)
I just sent in the system profile, this has been happening to me for about 3 weeks now, ive only gotten maybe 3 games out of 75 plus that actually went on for an extended period of time. Most games seem to drop after the ten minute mark with none lasting more than 13 minutes. The only times that it hasnt dropped me is if its just me and one person on the other team
ITs been a few days now since i sent it in and i even talked with a support person briefly but there has been no official word, can we expect an answer anytime soon?
Hi guys, sorry for the late update, I've been trying to recreate this issue on the Macs here, and I haven't. However, while trying to recreate the issue on the Mac, I was playing with another forum poster, Jessicalu, who is our PC forum tech and she has a PC; and she kept getting dropped. So I don't think this is just a Mac issue. Have you guys tried contacting the Mercy TD creators to see what they're feedback is? Since this is a 3rd party map, we don't have any support if it is just happening on this map only.
I love STV. All the animals are so nice. They just run out of the jungle as your passing by and greet ya. I just have a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I run through. No, wait, that warm and fuzzy feeling is the friggin Tiger that jumped me.
tried contacting mapmaker many times. My husband and myself play side by side on MAcs and have been dropped pretty much any time we play:( this game in particular
I'll try to see what some of the other higher-ups say about this. I'll post back when I know more.

If you guys can do me a favor so I can collect some data about your Macs, please post the following:

1. Hold the "Option" Key and choose "System Profiler" from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
Graphics/Displays
Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

Thanks!
You can always find happiness at work on Friday.
<Insert lame joke here>
It happens to me too ALL the time...
and it ONLY happens on Mercy TD. I've been dropped occasionally from Star Battle as soon as it's started, but apparently that isn't that uncommon. Other than that, I play several custom games as well as multiplayer games and am never the lagger/dropper. But with Mercy TD, it's very frequent. It happens whether it's a 2v2 game or 3v3 game or 3v2 game.. very frustrating. We have a very strong internet connection, I'm always connected and don't ever get dropped from the internet connection (we have a good strong router, too). I use minimal graphic settings on sc2.
I often seem to just drop randomly.

Hardware:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB52.0088.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.38f5
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
ROM Revision: 3384
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Software
System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal

i have extensively polled people who get dropped in this game (because i see them in the next game, and i get the message that myself and x,y,z have left the game) i contact most ppl who get dropped and they *ALL* are using macs. i have not noticed any pattern, we get dropped when there's lots of units, when there's very few units, early in the game, late in the game... it seems completely random except that we are on macs. my complaints to blizz tech support yield all kinds of advice about drivers etc (which are all up to date) and then blow me off because its a custom map. the point here is that this map is exposing a mac drop bug that should be looked at. this is a really popular map and i'd like to be able to functionably play it.

Padim are you on a macbook or a mac? that might be a factor.

pls help us!!
I'd like to chip in something here
Im having the same problem, but with all Tower Defense games, and only TD games.
Ranked multiplayer, no problem whatsoever.
Custom maps such as marine arena, and zealot frenzy, i lag a little, but thats because of my macbook specs, not the internet connection.
its getting quite annoying when im whooping arse and i get dropped with no warning.

anyways, any fixes, or some ideas to help would be awesome.
eagerly waiting
~R
you own the maps but you don't provide support right! :)
haha, now theyre silent!
Padim and the others are still trying to recreate the issue, which is why they asked the additional questions. This map is not created by Blizzard, so we have limited support on this. We are still looking into it.

I myself played a few games, and I didn't get dropped but the PC person I tested with did get dropped. That may have been a fluke or something, but I haven't gotten dropped at work or at home. Without the additional information that Padim asked for, and not being able to recreate it properly, it is hard to figure out what the cause is.
It's the return of the Mac, you know that i'll be back, oh oh ohhhh!!
They call me TonyM, but you can call me Tony Mac. No seriously, they call me that.
This also happens to me a lot. I find that the dropping is most commen mid game. I own a MacBook 2002 edition. My graphics are all set on low. I have emailed the creater several times at mercy.sc2@gmail.com but he/she has not responded.
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MM31.00AD.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.35f1
Serial Number (system): [removed]