Performance WORSE than Phase 2

Mac Technical Support
I have a MBP 17"

2.8 Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram
Geforce 9600M GT (512)

And the game runs in all low, and still lags!

@DebtMonkey: If you install it on your bootcamp partition (and add those two lines I mentioned in an earlier post) you'll be able to cap your framerate and keep your machine from cooking (at least it will cook less) and the game will play smoother on higher settings because Blizzard actually cares about PC performance, and the drivers are better.

SC2 in bootcamp has had great performance on my '08 24" iMac. Even with a capped framerate, however, I thought my machine was going to melt. Never heard the fans spin up that high. I have to stop playing after one mission and let it cool.
Well, just double-checked FPS with the variables in and the cap IS working as intended. So why the higher heat compared to Beta Phase 2? Maybe I'm imagining things.
You know you can do cntrl+alt+command+f to turn on your fps, I assume. I just think that Blizzard doesn't care about mac performance, so it will be a while before issues like unexplained heat, pylon frame drops (though those got a little better), too low settings needed to play, etc. are fixed, if they ever are.
Running on a brand new 27'' iMac.
Runs amazing.
Never had a problem yet, beta or retail.

That new iMac have ATI video? If so, then that means 90% of the problem is Nvidia's Mac drivers. I'm on a 2009 Mac, and the game runs flawlessly. But, I have a quadcore and ATI video.

i.e. the common thread through almost all the problems: Nvidia. The ATI people with problems mostly just need to throw in the cap commands in the file so they don't cook their cards that are working *too* well. :D

So, the problem is partly Apple's, but mostly Nvidia's. Nvidia has been crap for gaming on Mac for quite some time. I made sure I got ATI video on my new computer I bought in April 2009. I haven't had even ONE game problem at all with SC2, so I'm inclined to blame Nvidia, and to some extent Apple for still buying Nvidia when they've shown they don't want to put out good Mac drivers.

(And for those who think Windows is the answer for everything gaming: SC2 doesn't run as well on my bootcamped Windows 7 as it does Mac-side. )

Well let's see if Blizzard recommends waiting for an Nvidia solution, I'm a bit weary on that happening soon however as graphics drivers for the Mac aren't rolled out very frequently.

I have had 'okay' performance but I certainly expected more. My mac is a Spring '10 Macbook Pro with an i7 and on medium the game is absolutely flawless. Ultra is not very playable with High hardly better. I expect 'High' to change, I don't need the game to be maxed, just a little disappointed in how lousy it runs.
Running on a brand new 27'' iMac.
Runs amazing. Never had a problem yet, beta or retail.

That new iMac have ATI video? If so, then that means 90% of the problem is Nvidia's Mac drivers. I'm on a 2009 Mac, and the game runs flawlessly. But, I have a quadcore and ATI video.

It's hard to tell what "flawless" means to different people. I had an '07 3.06Ghz C2D iMac with Nvidia 8800GS, which ran acceptably for Phase 1 in Med-High settings under boot camp (avg 40-60fps), and could barely hold 20-30fps in medium in the OS X client (I had to drop to med-low to stay around 50-60fps). I always drop the resolution to 13x7 or 16x9.

I'm currently running on an '09 i7 iMac with ATI HD4850. Under OS X with phase 2 and the current release version, performance under medium-low is roughly at parity with the older Mac under boot camp (about 60fps) but it definitely spikes much more when pylons/creep build up on screen. My next step is to install boot camp on this machine and see how it affects the game.