Offline Play

Technical Support
Prev 1 10 11 12 17 Next
the problem only concern poeple :
- who want to show the game to their offline friend with a tower or a laptop without hibernate option, without electricity more than a day nor internet signal for a month
- who move to a new place/house with a tower or a laptop without hibernate option, without electricity more than a day nor internet signal for a month
- poeple on a road-boat-plane trip with a tower or a laptop without hibernate option, without electricity more than a day nor internet signal for a month

as the bug may affect only one buyer in a million, I understand the way Blizzard do thing... I suggest putting the alternate solution in the first post as the reader dont want to spend an hour to find a solution, filtering a bunch of "I wanted to show the game to Bob and Bob dont have connection" or "I move to another house and ISP come just next week" or "I wasnt aware that Hibernating do the trick then I've lost and hour in my life looking at bird and tree but now it's ok but it's %#@@ my way of living (talking to Bob)" etc......

at the very end you can emulate a modem with some cellphone, activate your game on a tower, then hibernate, plug your laptop between fligh, find a wifi while in a car etc.. to the one who have no cellphone, no internet, no friend with cellphone nor internet, no laptop or no 24-7 electricity provider, in a plane for more than 10 hour a day etc... put your case here and I bet I can find a way for you to play, even in a US Navy boat you should find a dude with a BlackBerry, even in the desert you can find enough solar equiped touareg to play SC2 while poeple die, lacking food and water, as where I am now in Africa, wishing that hibernating will work as yesterday I dont knew this trick and closed my laptop after the day !

Vive le Québec libre.
Vic.
I agree Hartik.

I pay monthly for WoW (and keep asking myself why), if I can't play SC2 when my internet is down, I won't be purchasing another blizzard product EVER because there's no reason for me to believe you won't do it to every other game you sell.
So. Still waiting for that Blizzard rep to come riding in on a dragon and save us from all our problems.
Can somebody tell me what was the point of the previous patch? wasnt it to fix offline play? Y dont they just go back to the previous patch when everything was working fine?
Blizzard,

Please release an Officially Supported Crack.

I moved house last week and have had no internet connection, therefore unable to play your game. The 'offline mode' should really be called 'regular online mode which you can turn offline during play if you really want but what's the point - you online right now, aren't you?'.

Visiting lots of forums at work trying to remedy the problem, I've come to the realisation that the only people who're playing offline mode without a hitch are the pirates. Pretty ironic, no? That the DRM mechanics you have implemented to stop pirating has only penalized paying customers, whilst pirates are having absolutely zero problems playing your game.

So, I reiterate. Give us a crack so we, the paying customer, can enjoy the game just as our brothers and sisters on the other side of gaming morality are.

Thanks,
Altharren 'you probably know my "RealID" anyway, right?'
Blizzard,

Please release an Officially Supported Crack.

I moved house last week and have had no internet connection, therefore unable to play your game. The 'offline mode' should really be called 'regular online mode which you can turn offline during play if you really want but what's the point - you online right now, aren't you?'.

Visiting lots of forums at work trying to remedy the problem, I've come to the realisation that the only people who're playing offline mode without a hitch are the pirates. Pretty ironic, no? That the DRM mechanics you have implemented to stop pirating has only penalized paying customers, whilst pirates are having absolutely zero problems playing your game.

So, I reiterate. Give us a crack so we, the paying customer, can enjoy the game just as our brothers and sisters on the other side of gaming morality are.

Thanks,
Altharren 'you probably know my "RealID" anyway, right?'

Agreed.
So, when will the fix or new patch be finished?? I cannot play Offline after reboot PC...((((
BLIZZARD. I use a laptop and travel regularly. Because of this, I am not capable of playing your game. I would like a refund. Please direct me in sending it back to you.

Looks like I go back to SC1
Hibernating works, but for some reason, when it come back 50% of the time it crashes. This only happens when SC2 is running.
What do we do when Bnet is offline, as it was today?

It tells me bnet is broken... then I click on the "Play Offline" button they provide... then it says I need to go register my product. Where do I do that? ON BNET, WHICH IS DOWN.

The absurdity is making me cry with laughter...

EDIT: Oh, and when bnet was back up, i verified my account, and SC2 is indeed already registered. Seriously, wtf?
What do we do when Bnet is offline, as it was today?

It tells me bnet is broken... then I click on the "Play Offline" button they provide... then it says I need to go register my product. Where do I do that? ON BNET, WHICH IS DOWN.

The absurdity is making me cry with laughter...

EDIT: Oh, and when bnet was back up, i verified my account, and SC2 is indeed already registered. Seriously, wtf?

I have the same problem. I don't have a CD-key (that I'm aware of, anyway) because I bought SC2 as a download. I logged on yesterday so you'd think it would know I am legit. Yet, I got the same message as the person I quoted this morning.

What is the point of "offline" mode if you can't use it to play SP or Challenges when BNet is out? Or, as I've read many times earlier in the thread, you're military, business or just plain don't have access to internet?
I would like to add to the list of "upset" customers.

During your scheduled maintenance I was unable to use the product I purchased from you.

I should would like to play the game I payed you for in offline mode, without having to be online.

offline mode = \ = being online
I'm in the military and will soon be going on a deployment overseas. This lack of offline play is going to be frustrating. I feel like I have wasted on money on a game that I can't even play if I don't have an internet connection, which I will not have!

Blizzard, please give the paying customer what he wants. A game that they can play On or OFFLINE.
Yeah... what Onslot said, right there? That is EXACTLY what I'm going through.

To have purchased a game from Blizzard which stated "offline play possible"... and to not have offlne play possible... that $50 we forked out for a game to play offline while on a carrier is.... looking like a complete waste, and looking like Blizzard flat out lied.
I had this problem when I installed it on my iMac to use it. Seems you need to log in once on the computer you want to use Offline or Guest Mode on to play it that way, after that you can play w/o being online.

This is how I'm seeing it anyway.

The Problem is your on a mac
I had this problem when I moved into my dorms. It told me I needed to be online to activate my account when I had already done that back home. So I was without SC2 and my rank in plat. was dropping. I eventually had to buy a whole new pci netcard for SC2 to work (everything else worked fine shame on you blizz).

Anti-Piracy is like the war on drugs. You're never gonna stop it. Online requirement didn't stop SC2 from being cracked within 2 hours of its release so just remove the online requirement all together.

And ^ +1 macs fail.
I, as well as almost everyone that has posted in this discussion, am peeved that we actually paid, not pirated, PAID, for a game that we absolutely CAN NOT play offline. What irks me the most is the fact that there is an option for "offline play", and that Blizzard employees have quoted it "possible to play offline". Now I understand Blizzard's reasoning behind all of this, but come on dudes!! Look at the outcome!!! The heads that decided to pirate the game instead of paying are able to play offline. Yes, I know that they will never be able to get onto bnet and what not, but still, the fact of the matter is that we, the PAYING customers, should have the privilege of "offline play" (must i reiterate the possibilities of not having access to a working internet connection?)

On another note, Starcraft 2 is beautiful. Thank You for finally bringing it home.

Now fix this offline play issue!!!! Please!!!!
Hahaha... HA. Blizzard really annoyed me this time. My internet went down for 8 hours today, and to my joy, aha, they don't allow offline play without... online capablities? That was classic staring at my computer, I bet my face looked like this -.- . Now that I'm online again, I'll probably end up downloading a ... 'free' single player tommorow and then when this happens again giving Blizzard the double birdy, "I'm going to play my game offline, because I paid for that ability". As a person who knows full well how to pirate, I actually went the extra yard to pay for this game, because I was a large fan of almost every Blizzard game. Unusual indeed for a person like me, but I support blizzard and the community along with it. Though, I find it funny, that they so easily inconvienence their buyers while those that pirate are laughing their @%#'s off, at least those who noticed how silly Blizzard is for this attempt to stop all the piraters and instead stopping everyone without internet, simply because they think the whole damn world has internet all day every day. How ironic.
Well after ignoring this problem back from release, I had to deal with it recently again.

The problem seems partially fixed to me. Back around the release date, offline mode would not work whether I had previously logged onto bnet or not. Now it works once I log onto bnet once and then disconnect the internet. However, once I restart the computer, I must log on again for it to work.
maybe i'm not a modern human because I don't have internet in our off the grid house back in the woods, but I'm modern enough to play starcraft, and i had no problem playing offline up until this week. maybe it was coming into the city and when my laptop found an internet connection it flipped out. It made perfect sense that i wouldn't need internet for the single player mode, just game updates. I want my offline back!