Offline Play

Technical Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 5 6 7 17 Next
@sciriti "Try this at your friends house.

1. Connect to Battle.net in the game.
2. Hit menu in the corner and click log-out.
3. When logged out click play as guest and it SHOULD work this time.

I just "figured" it out for a friend i have who spent quite a bit of time %#@*!ing at myself and others over how "its gay you have to have internet 24/7 to play"

To make sure it really does work I suggest after getting it up to exit the game, disable the internet connection, and try again. I did and it still allowed me to play offline after what I did above."

i dont see a logout button in the corner. can't seem to connect through public wi-fi trying to get offline mode working.
ned internetz plx, no conectivity were i live T_T
i've lost so much respect for blizzard...
I'm depressed.
Man, oh Man, you gotta be kidding me! RampTram! That is really screwed up if you think that having an internet connection is "core to being a modern human". I have been building computers and working with technology for 30 yrs and my favorite computer has NO internet connection except when I hook a cable up to it to activate some software.

I don't know what planet you are on but on this one the internet is full of misinformation, uninformed opinion and in no way is it any kind of substitute for face to face communication or real world relationships.

"Always on Broadband" is on if you choose it to be. Most prudent people shut their computers or their connections down when not in use because there are hackers with robots out trolling for internet users like you.

I bought SC2 because I had read that it had OFFLINE mode. So where is it? BLIZZARD, WHERE IS MY OFFLINE MODE?
I saw on a different post that if you want this changed you need to request it in General Discussion. I started a thread requesting it, if you want offline play please go to this post and post your situation and why you think it should be changed.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/608631488#new-post
Ya'll are way off topic. I landed here because my internet bugged out and got the same message and so was curious if it could be played without internet. The topic of whether games should be able to be played without internet is a nice little debate (especially given that one time with the PS3 when the time got out of wack and no one could play certain games because the PS3 required server feedback via internet for time), but that's not what's going on here. Here's the deal:

SC2 indicates that one can enable "offline" mode somehow via battle.net, presumably to play the single-player campaign - how is this accomplished?
Blizzard needs to make an update that allows you to actually play offline w/no internet connection needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you ever get an answer from Blizzard because I am having the same problem and it is very annoying. I want to play the game but it wont let me whenever my internet is down.
Try this at your friends house.

1. Connect to Battle.net in the game.
2. Hit menu in the corner and click log-out.
3. When logged out click play as guest and it SHOULD work this time.

I just "figured" it out for a friend i have who spent quite a bit of time %#@*!ing at myself and others over how "its gay you have to have internet 24/7 to play"

To make sure it really does work I suggest after getting it up to exit the game, disable the internet connection, and try again. I did and it still allowed me to play offline after what I did above.

This worked for me, thank-you.
This is Bull. I'm so dissapointed in Blizzard. First and foremost i researched this game seeing if it said it needed constant or persistant broadband connection and it never said it on the box nor on the internet, it only said broadband internet connection required. Well most games says that on the box like Crysis or Command and Conquer it usually is for updates and activation which is fine. But paying $55+ for a game that only works online and does not say persistent internet connection required is freaking bull. Im having the same problem as everybody else and everybody does not live in the freaking city. I live like just out of reach of dsl because no carrier wants to put in more fiber optics. If the games requires persistant or constant internet connection it should say so on the box. I know one other company that did the right thing and that is EA and with Command and Conquer 4. Says it right on the box. But im pretty sure this is a ploy to make alot of people to buy it thinking it only needs updates and authentification of the game but is robbed of their money because we can not return it. Its ridiculous.
The exact opposite happens to me. I can play Offline mode whenever I please, but everytime I play Online SC2 crashes on me. I never needed to be online to go offline, since my Parents took down my wireless [damn fascists] I just turned on Galaxy Editor [which is Freaking complicated even to make a simple unit... Thanks Blizz!!!!] and tested map and went to the main menu, went offline and got some Player v. Ai practice in.

I don't know... why couldn't Blizzard just allow us to play Single Player and log into Bnet when we damn well pleased.

Warcraft 3 never had this problem [plus Map Editor, I can actually MAKE a unit]
Same problem. Now why don't you have internet Mr. Raziel? Maybe because I'm in Afghanistan and I like to play this game when I'm not working.
Props to every soldier here.
Just to point out a detail that nobody brought up (that I can see, granted I didn't read every post in the 6 pages)... there are reasons for a 'constant' internet connection even in non-multi-player mode such as:

Character progression statistics
    Achievements
    Profile maintenance

Not to say that all of these can't be stored locally on the user's PC but, they are maintained on the battle.net servers and therefor you need a connection to those servers to access them. Some info is stored locally (such as your position within a campaign) but most is stored remotely.

That being said... The other day when my internet was down for a couple of hours I had no difficulty in playing 'offline' so perhaps it's more to do with the fact that you need to access it differently.

If, for example, you've already set up a user with a battle.net account with a character created... perhaps you need to find somewhere to log on with that character at least once on your computer and then proceed to log in normally when you're at home without internet. By doing this it should prompt saying it can't find the battle.net server and ask if you want to play in 'offline' mode. I've never tried or heard of having to use 'play as guest' for offline mode.
I bought the game, created my account and enabled offline play, about 10 Days later, Im getting the error that will not allow me to log in. I thought it might mean that you have to reverify Offline content every couple days.
I cannot play "Guest" or "Offline" mode either, and I have a Dell/Windows Vista.
have been playing happily for a month OFFLINE and just overnight I lost that ability