Protoss Micro Tips

Protoss Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 9 10 11 15 Next
02/26/2011 09:45 PMPosted by FireVice
How useful is hallucenation/what are some good ways to use it?

I love using Hallucinated units to tank damage and confuse the opponent into thinking you have double the army. (ex with 4 sentries and 100 energy each you can hallucinate 8 extra zealots and head them into battle first. They'll take the initial damage while the rest of your army is doing the real damage). You can also hallucinate a pheonix to scout, or a colossus to give you sight on a cliff, or archons to tank loads of damage. you can also fake a complete tech path.
Another trick with sentries is to drop a ff at one end of the mineral line between the base to prevent your opponent from running away his workers when u attack his econ. I've dropped 2 sentries and two ht's and killed an entire worker line before they even knew what happened... so awesome when it works right.

Oh yeah and hallucinations are epic!
the micro oriented race...Uhhhhh terran
What would be the counter to thors, marauders, and marines as a toss player?
this can can make me be better lol
a must read, for all protoss players :). I kinda figured alot of the stuff without the guide by trial and error ;)
Flyers are a "hard counter" to Marauders, tanks, SCVs, Reapers, and Hellions. Immortals deal 50+ damage to armored units like Queens and Thors. MMM is the counter to Immortals. HiTemp's Feedback deals excellent damage to Medivacs and Thors (try popping a Medivac while it is carrying a Thor). But add an observer to a pair of HTs, to warn them about Ghosts and Banshees.
Awesome tips/ guide to help other toss GL gentleman.
Not sure I completely understand #21... :(

21. ...Additionally, You can ensure that all your stalkers will blink to high ground or low ground by right clicking to the point where you want to blink FROM, hold shift and click B at the place where you want your stalkers to blink TO, then right click past that point which will make the stalkers move thus giving the other stalkers room to blink.

Next to that, great thread. +1
I'm fairly new to Protoss and these tips are sort of helping me out =D
CalimisDTz
Edited by CalimisDTz on 8/18/11 4:54 PM (PDT)
Not sure I completely understand #21... :(

21. ...Additionally, You can ensure that all your stalkers will blink to high ground or low ground by right clicking to the point where you want to blink FROM, hold shift and click B at the place where you want your stalkers to blink TO, then right click past that point which will make the stalkers move thus giving the other stalkers room to blink.

Next to that, great thread. +1

I think it's just missing the shift for the right click. You issue move to the place you want to blink from, before the stalkers get there, while holding shift do your blink command, and then while holding shift right click a sport away from the blink. This enables all the stalkers to blink up or down rather than some being out of range or some not having any space to blink into.
Protoss Micro Tips TL;DR Version:

Y'all better be averaging 120APM against A-Move.

Fixed!
lol ''Chargelots are awesome.'' haha i just laughed just cuz thats not really helping us :P but overall really great thread dude keep posting
I knew most of this stuff i just have such a hard time microing casters also i always mess up my stalkers by clustering them they are too bulky to shoot past each other using the concave formation should help though also had no idea psi storm didnt stack thanks for the post
Thank you this is going to help me enormously with my protoss strats
En Taro Adun Executors !!
I have coming form the otherside of america to no notice that the glory of this post shall cross the lends and the languages, so inspired on it have translated it and created a similar one on spanish forum

http://us.battle.net/sc2/es/forum/topic/3278904591?page=1#2

of course, there are the credits to the post creator, and the link to this post
also,i have added new tips and ill update the post too while others protoss warriors contribute with their tips and wisdom
actually sentrys are our only dps unit...maybe blizzard should fix that
that gonna help me thx man!