No Bnet Chat almost ruins the game

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Why is this so hard?

CHANNELS ARE COMING IN A LATER PATCH. STFU.
on the retail box it says, "player is responsible for all applicable internet fees" which means that ur gonna have to pay for your chat channels
Why is this so hard?

yeah is this the thread for complaining about things they are going to implement because everyone crys about it? jesus christ get some RL friends to play with.
In typical Blizzard fashion they are most likely so concerned about spam bots that they ruin battle.net for everyone.

The old system of putting people in default chat channels would be an improvement over what they have now. Or making specific chat servers and assigning 25,000 people to each one so as to help foster a community of people a la Warcraft.
I absouletly agree with you 100%.
Please keep in mind that this iteration of Battle.net provides a relatively new service, and that player feedback will be taken into account as we continue to develop and improve it. I believe the discussions I've highlighted below will help illustrate this fact.

Chat channels are something that will be added in a patch sometime after the initial release. The system will be based around groups, where you will be able to join public channels that are based around your interests. Also the system will include private chat channels (in plans for release in the first few months after the release), where you will be able to connect with your friends.

Link: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/106470672#4

Cross-region gameplay and communication is something we'd absolutely love to do, but the technology isn't quite there and our infrastructure is not set up to communicate that way. That kind of set up would require a huge undertaking and likely result in unacceptable latency in this day and age. That said, we look forward to the day when we can create an even more interconnected global community.

As far as chat room, chat channels, and clans go, it's important to bear in mind that we recently redesigned Battle.net from the ground up to create a new social framework. Much of this effort has been to offer updated, improved, and expanded features to the StarCraft II community. With that said, the game has been out for three days. We will continue to iterate upon Battle.net in the weeks and months ahead. It shouldn't be assumed that because a feature feels missing now, it means we don't have plans to add it later.

Link: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/165016810#9

Also, one quick note: if you have a question or concern, be sure to use the community site's robust search function before posting, as you may be able to find topics that have already been addressed by Blizzard representatives. :)
Why is this so hard?

absolutely nothing mentioned about the custom game popularity sort....................

Because it doesn't matter.
I say that there shouldn't be chat rooms for the reason that people can talk tremendous crap to one another. That is just my opinion, but I do believe that there should be some kind of Search Engine that lets you look up players that you want to be friends with rather than having to play them and then requesting them. Now wouldn't that be a better idea? It would save Blizzard so much time rather than making a chat room.
Why is this so hard?

they said the same thing about that ole' WC3 balancing....we'll balance the match-ups in a later patch
Defenitly agree I don't know for how long I will be able to play this without chat. I started playing MMO's about 10 yrs ago and this is the first single player game I have tried to play in 10 yrs. MMORPG's ruined me. I can't stand to play a single player game any more and Starcraft 2 is already starting to feel pretty lonely. And I would hate for such a great game to end up in my closet with the rest of my unplayed single player games,I cancelled my MMO subs just so I could save some money and play Starcraft 2 but I am already considering re subbing to LotRO and Vanguard again because no one is listening in B-net!
Please keep in mind that Battle.net is a relatively new service, and that player feedback will be taken into account as we continue to develop and improve it. I believe the discussions I've highlighted below will help illustrate this fact.

Chat channels are something that will be added in a patch sometime after the initial release. The system will be based around groups, where you will be able to join public channels that are based around your interests. Also the system will include private chat channels (in plans for release in the first few months after the release), where you will be able to connect with your friends.

Link: <a href="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/106470672#4" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/106470672#4</a>

Cross-region gameplay and communication is something we'd absolutely love to do, but the technology isn't quite there and our infrastructure is not set up to communicate that way. That kind of set up would require a huge undertaking and likely result in unacceptable latency in this day and age. That said, we look forward to the day when we can create an even more interconnected global community.

As far as chat room, chat channels, and clans go, it's important to bear in mind that we recently redesigned Battle.net from the ground up to create a new social framework. Much of this effort has been to offer updated, improved, and expanded features to the StarCraft II community. With that said, the game has been out for three days. We will continue to iterate upon Battle.net in the weeks and months ahead. It shouldn't be assumed that because a feature feels missing now, it means we don't have plans to add it later.

Link: <a href="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/165016810#9" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/165016810#9</a>

Also, one quick note: if you have a question or concern, be sure to use the community site's robust search function before posting, as you may be able to find topics that have already been addressed by Blizzard representatives. :)

I notice you did not comment on when the real communication which is the voice chat that does not work for lets see ?? Almost everyone... Is going to be working.. That would be a start to say the least. This should be number one priority at this point, like you said 3 days in.
absolutely nothing mentioned about the custom game popularity sort....................

I'd like an explanation of the reasoning behind this inherently flawed system as well.
Ya'll postin' in a QQ thread.
Just remember that Blizzard spent millions of dollars and put in years of work to make SCII and Battle.net what it is now. They created a game that is bound to be the most popular RTS game for years to come. I do believe chat rooms should be added, but they are not required. Chances are if you like gaming, you have friends that like gaming. Encourage them to play SCII with you and then, without chat rooms or a very large social networking in-game, you can still play the game and be social.
wut...

This iteration of Battle.net is new, as is its framework. I've amended my previous post slightly for additional clarity. :)
I notice you did not comment on when the real communication which is the voice chat that does not work for lets see ?? Almost everyone... Is going to be working.. That would be a start to say the least. This should be number one priority at this point, like you said 3 days in.
Actually, they have addressed this. Try using the search function instead of being a lazy troll.