Just curious. Evolution chamber

Zerg Discussion
Do you guys always build one of these?

if so... at around what food supply?
Yes always.....assuming I don't get rushed! I try to get it before or slightly after my third overlord.
I get an Evo at the same time I get Roach Warren or Hydra Den. Depends on the matchup.
Having one or 2 evo chambers is definitely a huge boost, especially mid to late game. It can certainly mean the difference between winning and losing. If you watch a lot of "pro" replays, it seems a lot of them try to start getting evo chambers around the 40 food mark, depending on how the game is progressing, obviously. I always try to get armor and usually ranged upgrades if I can. It really helps when you have a big roach/hydra army. If I'm going heavy zergling/baneling, I'll get the melee upgrade. I usually try to have two evo chambers up if I can though, so that I can be researching double upgrades. This is resources well spend and scales as you get more units.
I always build two for carapace and melee/ranged. Pretty much every good zerg does this. Some even get 3 for all 3 upgrades.
Yes! For example, Zealots by default can kill a zergling in 3 hits, or 2 if they've got the first attack upgrade. This is a big deal, especially early on. This 3 to 2 hit advantage is negated if you've gotten the first armor upgrade.
I always build two for carapace and melee/ranged. Pretty much every good zerg does this. Some even get 3 for all 3 upgrades.

I need to start doing this. I usually have a resource surplus by about the 8-10 minute mark. The money just comes in so much faster than SC1 and I'm still getting used to spending it all. And spawning larva. And building tumors.

Alot to worry about in this game lol
What I always find funny is the people who put their evo chambers at their expansion, simply because they saw some pros do it in some replays without knowing why they do it.

Just as an FYI, Evo chambers are used at the expansion in order to wall off defenses or create choke points to protect the hatch/drones. Don't just randomly put 2 evo chambers at your expansion.
What I always find funny is the people who put their evo chambers at their expansion, simply because they saw some pros do it in some replays without knowing why they do it.

Just as an FYI, Evo chambers are used at the expansion in order to wall off defenses or create choke points to protect the hatch/drones. Don't just randomly put 2 evo chambers at your expansion.

I don't know any pros who do this... I'll put mine at my expansion on one side to block hellion harass if anything. I always have spine crawlers at my expansion. That's what protects my hatch/drones.
i get them at lair tech.....if im getting rushed or 4 gated ill get 2 of them and help to cover my sunkens with them
Ok, let's say that you're in a team game that probably won't go beyond mid-game. When is the earliest feasible way to get an evo chamber and start your carapace upgrade w/o it taxing your production too much. A supply number would really help if anyone knows. =)
12/12 i build it
gl
On end games against Terran, they usually have 3/3 on their marines. I should have 5/3 on my Ultras and 3/3 on my fastlings by then. I just carry the upgrades too when I play against Protoss or Zerg.

When I am on 3 base mode, I build my 2 evo chambers at the time when I build a 4th hatchery when I have spare money. I know I use them to block helions with Queens to prevent them to get through my base. When I am on 2 base mode (when my opponent made only 1 base), I build 1 evo chamber also at the time when I build my 3rd hatchery. I cant tell what exact time I build them. I know it's passed 8 min while droning and while waiting for my lair to be built.
never go one evo chamber, thats sort of pointless. always go TWO evo chambers to get dmg and armor.
If the game lasts long enough, absolutely. Usually 2 together (one for attack, one for armor). I don't get them at a specific time (i should, im bad), but when i feel comfortable.
Nuke has been launched. Massive Necrobump detected.